[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer: Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
>>resources
pastebin.com/9JtJviaU

Khorne hate spell caster edition

What is your wip now? I'm working on grots atm.
>>
File: IMG_20151228_114905.jpg (586 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_114905.jpg
586 KB, 1920x1080
>>44416329
Spidey for spidey god!
>>
File: Swigmar (closer up).png (478 KB, 394x476) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar (closer up).png
478 KB, 394x476
When der Swigmar says we is de Order race
We heil heil right in der Swigmar's face
Not to love der Swigmar is a great disgrace
So we heil heil right in der Swimar's face

When Herr Vandus says we own the Realm and space
We heil heil right in Herr Vandus' face
When Herr Gardus says they'll never bomb dis place
We heil heil right in Herr Gardus's face
Are we not he Stormcast Azyr pure supermen
Ja we are the Stormcast (super Azyr supermen)
Is this Azyr land so good
Would you leave it if you could
Ja this Azyr land is good
We would leave it if we could
We bring the world to order
Heil Sigmar's world to order
Everyone of foreign race
Will love der Swigmar's face
When we bring to the world dis order
>>
Awww yeah. Fyreslayers coming early Janurary!

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/2016-gw-kickoff-dwarfs-inbound.html
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/12/dwarves-eternal-quest-for-ur-gold.html?m=0
>>
>>44416524
I'm still disappointed that there was no Chaos God of Spiders.
>>
>>44416329
Just started a bastiladon.

Anyone got some sources for how to do the free hand that's one the box art?

What white dwarf issue is it in?
>>
>>44418914
>Dwarfs

Who cares? Dwarfs are the worst.

>Eternal Quest For Ur-Gold

And apparently they will become a joke faction with stuff like that.

Rev up your Aleseekers
>>
>>44416329

rofl did the old thread just die due to lack of interest after a few days? these are the real end times
>>
>>44419766

looked it up, 200 replies in 5 days, a new low even for this shitty game
>>
>>44419766
>>44419805
Eh, I'm not worried about it. A lot of players were chased off here by trolls and some heated fluff debates to discuss their game at other venues. I'm in a Facebook group that is my most active group on my wall and daily there are good discussions and minis shown off all the time. It's been really good for players of aos. Also apparently dakkadakka has a good following of it according to someone, haven't checked them out though lately so I couldn't tell you.

As far as locally, I'm getting a slow interest going for the game here. There wasn't any fantasy being played anyway so most players are just 40k, but it's all casual friendly gamers. I think we could have a lot of fun, especially if I ran a campaign of something.

Basically if these general threads are pretty dead it's mostly because people go elsewhere to discuss the game or most of the trolls got bored trolling, because that trolling did keep them bumped. During the generals hay-days about half of the posting was not helpful.
>>
File: Picture 290.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Picture 290.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>44416329
WIP; Currently I am converting (mutilating) my pleasure bound warband
>>
>>44420891
Tell me more. Are you coming up with a story for your slaanesh warband? What else are you incorporating?

I'm interested to hear what slaanesh players are doing because the fluff is clearly not intending to kill off slaanesh, and the followers are treating the search as a game. It's an interesting idea.
>>
>>44420853
Or most likely that nobody is interested in the game.
>>
>>44419805
>>44419766
>literally taking the population of a thread on a Burmese Etch-a-Sketch BBS forum as a mark of popularity
>>
>>44421120
You're still mad they fixed fantasy aren't you.

Its palpable
>>44418914

>couldn't sleep so I just finished one of the skinks for my bastiladon, looks sweet but I can't find the memory card and the wife is asleep and I think its in the printer in the closet but I don't want to wake her, so pictures in the morning.
>>
>>44421071
I havent came up with once but no that you mentioned it, Ill think of one now.
My current paint scheme is that that Regular troops are all Gold, with all of their helmets being silver, and any cloak/banner being pink.

All I can think of for a story is that a richer slaaneshi warband has lost contact with their god, and now they reek vengence on all other lifeforms. Fairly generic
>>
>>44421120
But that's not what I'm seeing. When you sift away all the negativity and active opposition to the game, I see a lot of supportive feedback on YouTube batreps, many active discussions in forums and Facebook groups, and many reports of active communities.

The problem is for some reason people expect this to be as popular as 40k, and when there is evidence that it isn't, it's being interpreted as a complete failure. Which isn't a fair correlation to make.

Really we live in a golden age of wargaming, with so many different options for different players. Instead of there being just the one wargame everyone had to conform to or not pay at all, now there are plenty of alternatives for plenty of players. There's KoW, there's 9th age, there's AoS, and people will play what they find attractive. I have my own reasons for not looking those other games, but I don't bother them on their generals about it. I just don't understand the trolling.
>>
>>44421182
I am neutral to the game, though. Saying trolls chased away the anons sounds like a lame excuse. 40K and the WHFRPG threads have their share of trolls and yet they are fast. I don't normally use that word but I think that Swenson tripfag is a shill. His behavior is very specious to me.

The guy mentioned Dakkadkka forums. I decided to give it a look.

>http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/666438.page

It seems people are mostly reporting troubling things about the game.
>>
What?

NEW STARTER BoXES!

Seaweed yeaaaaaaa
>>
>>44421268
suspicious*

Damn phone.
>>
>>44421266
This, plus the amount of people playing it at my GW.

A big thing with the game is it has a much better crowd then 40k and Fantasy.
>>
>>44421284
>underage detected

AoS literally fixed the complaints the players had about fantasy.
And for some reason you think that's bad.
Its much simpler to grasp and allows a much greater layer of complexity
>>
>>44421268
I don't think there's a way I can convince you I'm not a shill. I'm just a fan of this game and generally do what I can to foster a good community for it. I'm of the mindset that the negativity and hatred expressed for games doesn't help the hobby at all. Find your game and help others with it.
>>
>>44421266
A lot of the critics try to run AoS as Fantasy.

line up your models and bash plastic while rolling die until someone wins.

Signature with its scenarios alone allow so many variations of the game.
I can play a quick one hour game or do a full six hour brawl, its so much easier to get games in.
>>
>>44421214
Even the fact that they are a rich warband can yield a certain angle. Who is funding them? How did they get rich? Most of the time followers are just rabble of cultists or tribesmen worshippers. Being rich or well funded does separate you from the rest some.
>>
>>44421348
The shill is the guy on here screamimg at us for liking things he doesn't.
I'm moving in two months so I'm not getting anything new for a while but probably going to go for a Archaon once I get settled as a reward for myself.
>>
>>44421329
>AoS literally fixed the complaints the players had about fantasy.

As guy who monitored these threads regularly since the very start? I don't think so.

And like I said I am neutral to the game. What irked me is not the him saying that AoS is alive, it's him saying that trolls killed these threads which is absurd and would indicate that AoS fanbase has the thinnest skin on this whole board.

>>44421348
Fair enough, manager JK
>>
>>44421386
Ah well I cant think of them being blessed by Slaanesh for any rich fortunes. So raiding would be a good idea.
A slaaneshi warband becoming rich from holding a dwarven stronghold for that new gold (whatever its called coming with their release)
>>
If anyone has a half hour, I highly encourage you to watch this video. This guy describes exactly what is happening with the playerbase and why there is a lot of opposition to the aos and why some people really seem to attach to it.

https://youtu.be/iemNBE97tl4
>>
>>44421432
You clearly didn't read this thread.

AoS has a different quality of player.

It takes a special autistic troll to keep playing a broken pile of mess that was Fantasy when the company trashes it amd replaced it with a better product.
People trying to play AoS with Fantasy rules like point list is why they didn't enjoy it.
They never tried playing the game as the rules say.
Plus, most of AoS hang out on the WIP thread.

The game is not going anywhere and the online community is thriving and doing great.

The fantasy trolls like you, are go kid of there way to harass these Threads, if you really monitored them you'd know that.
You seem like the kind of person that would post an anti-trump thread on /pol/
>>
>>44421520
I'll watch it in the morning. I'll also post those pics when I find one of my three damn memory cards. I'm gonna crash out and think over my color scheme for my bastiladon. Think green armor, light tan scales. Night all except for that one dick weasel.
>>
>>44421519
Ur-gold, and that's what the fyreslayers are seeking, not the regular duardin.

But it is likely the duardin still have holds, and are still hoarding gold, so that could be a good source of their riches but not my clan hold you filthy chaos mongers! It's gonna take a lot more than fancy dancing and pretty lights to get past our defenses and war machines! OI!

So to develop them, write of their battle and what hold they took and how they took it without support of their God.
>>
>>44421568
Ah I see, well its going to be hard to corrupt my way in (new setting + no god + new dwarf power levels unknown) so I'll write myself a story on what happen, might take me a while to make it
>>
>>44421530
>AoS has a different quality of player.

What about people who play both Fantasy and AoS?

I mean, they are clearly two very different games that you'd play if you were looking for two very different experiences.
>>
>>44421530
I actually like playing aos with a comp system. With aos, find the way you like to play. Some like it with comp, and some like it as-is.

What I find gives it a bad name is playing pitch battles with no narrative or goals other than kill the other or sudden death objectives. That and comparing it to 8th as you play, which you can't do, because it's a completely different game.

A good example would be one of my favorite YouTube channels, tabletopminis. They used to play the game as is, but once they adopted sdk to get a little balance in, their reports became way more exciting. But before they were mostly still good because they played the battleplans.
>>
>>44421530
Whatever keeps you asleep at night. But next time use a better excuse that the "trolls did it". It's the lamest excuse imaginable.

Like I said I am neutral and I don't care if people played this game or not. I am more interested in knowing why these threads are slow compared to others in the board. I mean the other threads have their share of trolls and problematic anons. Warhammer RPG thread is a perpetual warzone.

My explanation for it is either that there is no interest in the game or that the AoS fanbase has the thinnest skin among the TT playerbase. So indeed AoS does have a different quality of player. The quality that enjoys hugboxes.
>>
>>44421588
Wait until the duardin battletome comes (hopefully the rumors are true) and see where the fluff goes from there.
>>
>>44421626
>Warhammer RPG thread is a perpetual warzone.

If you survive there, you can survive anywhere.

>/WFRP/
>Two Anons. Enter.
>One Anon Leaves.
>>
>>44421595
This is a good point. I play both aos and 40k, and both are 2 different player experiences, and that's ok.

The problem lies where someone plays aos expecting a whfb experience, and getting disappointed/angry, instead of being open to a new experience.
>>
>>44421626
>The quality that enjoys hugboxes.
When you've had to endure as much shitstorming as we have, those hugboxes are very welcome indeed. We just want to enjoy, play, discuss our game in peace. Many just got sick of the banter and left. I remember an exodus during the height of carnacs chaos faggotry that I don't think we recovered since. so you could say we have thin skin, but in our defense it's been beaten pretty thin because not since dnd4e has a player base had this kind of uproar
>>
>>44421650
>The problem lies where someone plays aos expecting a whfb experience, and getting disappointed/angry, instead of being open to a new experience.

I tend to agree. I've play AoS and read the fluff for it. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but just because I don't like something doesn't mean others can't find merit in it.

I think the biggest issue I've seen here is that some people just can't accept that people can like things that they think are broken/shitty/bad.

Plus I imagine a big chunk of the Fantasy to AoS hate comes from the fact that GW basically discontinued Fantasy for AoS. I mean, imagine if your favourite ice-cream stopped getting made and the company started making frozen shit-pops instead. Then you find people enjoying frozen shit-pops. It's understandable that you'd react a lot more negatively towards it than you should.

In the end, Fantasy fans should be happy that they've got a strong fanbase that can provide it's own continued support in the form of 9th Age.
>>
>>44421724
This is a very good post. I get the anger and why it caused such a ruckus, but now that it should be out of everyone's system, I hope those players found their game like 9th age or kow to spend their time, not troll us.
>>
>>44419766
Tbh there are less people on around christmas
>>
Most of us "AOS Fanboys" don't have thin skin, we just have better things to do than waste time arguing with pessimistic douchebags. We're out there playing the game and hobbying.

And that's not to say that anyone who doesn't like AOS is a douchebag, but there are enough out there literally foaming at the mouth waiting for the chance to bitch and troll that we simply can't be bothered to entertain their dickery.

In other news. I'm excited as hell to see what the new Dwarf release is gonna look like.
>>
On a scale of one to ten, how weak is a General on Griffon + batallion
>>
>>44421815

At the end of the day, some people are just assholes.

Hell, I'm not even a fan of /AoS/ but I love seeing people who are excited talk about the latest releases and the newest events. I'm waiting for the Fyreslayers to come out so I can finally make a decent Slayer army for WFB.
>>
>>44419766
>>44419805

Why is this a surprise when the Fantasy threads themselves could go for days unless it was around the release of an End Times book or some argument was going on. (As an aside, GW's best sellers for 2015 says a lot between the popularity gap that existed between 40k and Fantasy. 19 of 25 revealed so far and the only Fantasu exclusive models were the Putrid Blightkings, Nagash, and the Mortarchs.)

Now the threads devoted to such a game have completely fallen off the map. There is a roleplaying thread but the wargames are barely discussed there and once again they're full of people arguing.

AoS threads might pick up when the Fyreslayers get released.
>>
>>44421268
The game is exactly like WHFB 1st edition. No points, barely any rules. Those complaining weren't around for 1st or 2nd edition of WHFB so don't remember this is how it was.

I'm sure GW will add points when all the books have been updated.

>>44421432
>manager

You're not that slav shitposter are you? As for "trolls killed the thread" it did, unfortunately, coupled with Carnac making it impossible to type anything without him stubbing his nose in, trying to force memes and generally starting arguments which trolls pick up on and then regurgitate cause they're completely useless at making stuff themselves.

>>44421626
Because nearly a year of shitposting, starting with slav shitposter, then switching to Carnac and Vital made WHFB threads a living hell. Then AoS came and people attacked it cause it was easy to attack. People don't care, they just like to shitpost, the idea "if they're doing, I can do it". Carnac then shitposts daily and starts arguments for no reason "hur dur stormcast need to eat and sleep but Chaos warriors don't!!! Despite the fluff in novels saying the opposite I am going to ignore that and apply my head canon based on a 6 worded sentence tehehe" and people reply to him. He lives for (You)'s.

People don't want that negativity and constant shitposting. If I came into your work (assuming you work) and kept saying "You're works shit" over and over, every min, every hour, every day, every week, for 10 months, you're telling me you're not going to get pissed?

Shitposters killed the thread. Carnac (also a shitposter) remains and keeps people away. Half a dozen people have told him he's the problem, but he's too autistic to understand he is not liked.
>>
>>44421724
WHFB wasn't discontinued. It was expanded on. It was an excuse to rename everything to legally protect their stuff. All that happened in WHFB still happened. It is all fluff. It all happened. It's just the world (which only 50% of was used) is gone and replaced with infinite variety and "make your own" lands. There is no more restrictions.

WHFB lasted 35 years. Nothing has 'gone'. WHFB was not selling, this is an undeniable fact. AoS is an attempt to keep WHFB going on in some shape or form. Cause, guess what, nobody ever seems to mention why they're sad WHFB is gone. I am, why? Cause I liked Lustria and it's ideas. But they just go "hur dur it's gone evul gee dubbya". Well, the alternative was ending WHFB completely. How is that any better? I mean, you don't get new models, new rules, new scenery or new fluff if it's scrapped. At least AoS means all that stuff gets done. If you want to play WHFB, play it. But guess what, new stuff will come into play cause of AoS existing. Turning WHFB into a Skirmish game wouldn't have made sense, to suddenly go from End Times to skirmish. AoS is the best of a really bad situation.

I am sad WHFB is gone, but I am happy that it survives and will be updated. The Old Guard do not matter to GW, they need new blood. Sad fact, I'm afraid.
>>
>>44422212
>WHFB wasn't discontinued

The Warhammer multiverse was expanded on, and AoS is adopting it's lore and adding it's own flavour to it, but WFB is very much discontinued.

Also:

>WHFB wasn't discontinued.
>I am sad WHFB is gone
>I am happy that it survives and will be updated

I think I get what you mean - the core ideas follow on. But AoS is vastly different to WFB. The gameplay is different, the setting is vastly different, the characters and the themes are different.

It's sad to see WFB go, and it'll be interesting to see how AoS develops as it gets fleshed out a bit better. But WFB is definitely discontinued.
>>
File: Swigmar.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
O'Mighty Swigmar who rules from high in Swogity Azyr. I have ever been your faithful servant. I have supported you from the first days. I have bought all your books (All limited and exclusive editions, no less). I have done my best to spread the word of your swigitty glory and has been a pillar of support for your faithful.

And yet...this is how you repay my selfless service? Dwarfs. Duadrin, DWARFS!? A worthless caricature of race. A one dimensional, one tone faction that serves nothing but be an over used joke. A race that can summed up in four words "Ale, Grudge, beards, gold" and that's it. Look forward for it to be pasted over everything. Oh boy they are only get more one dimensional caricatures than they ever been before.

And the worst thing that I cannot forgive. The absolute WOSRT THING! They releasing them before the Aelves. Delaying the good stuff for the sake of trash. The Mortal Realms need the beauty of the Aelves, your Swigtiness. Why did you choose to make me and the realms suffer? Are you testing me?

You know what? I will not be your patsy. I will not be the sucker who gladly accepts any scrap given to him even if it was garbage. I will vote with my wallet (which has bled considerably for your sake, God King). I will not buy this crap. I will not bring it to my home. I will not soil my collection with having crummy Dwarfs in it. My perfect collection and chronicle of the Age of Swigmar will have one empty spot in it, and that void will make me feel complete.
>>
File: 1445293121214.jpg (7 KB, 212x200) Image search: [Google]
1445293121214.jpg
7 KB, 212x200
>>44422371
>>
>>44422371

The fuck you just say?!?!

The only thing worse than the elgi are the pathetic umgi bootlickers who suck Elf dick.
>>
>>44422371
Why you hate duardins?

>>44421920
5. 1 cannon and 10 handgunner are barely enough for hero sniping; Karl Franz(I assume) + 8 knight ain't the best hammer, but still hit hard, since KF give a lot of buff; 20 footmen with KF buff can hold deathstar 1 or 2 turn. Generally, jack of all trade, master of none, the price tag is nice and you want extra wizard or warrior priest for unbound spell. If you ain't going to build KF, that would be bad.
>>
>>44422777
>If you ain't going to build KF, that would be bad.
This is where the local store rules come in. I can't use Karl Franz. And I can only have 5 units.
>>
>>44422818
Alternatively, what about a general on griffon, 5 Knights, 5 Knights, 10 Knights and 3 demigryphs for the knightly order formation. Absolute destruction or terrible failure?
>>
>>44422371
>I will not be the sucker who gladly accepts any scrap given to him even if it was garbage
>carnac
Pick one.
>>
Strigoi Ghoul King
Terrorgheist
10 Ghouls
10 Ghouls
20 Ghouls
3 Crypt Horrors
Using the ghoul formation
r8
>>
>>44423155
Forgot to add that the king is on the terrorgheist
>>
>>44421650
>expecting a whfb experience, and getting disappointed/angry
Maybe someone did enjoy whfb, even if it sounds so alien to AoSfags.
>>
I am damn pleased how scary my mono slaanesh army has proven so far. For wound economy, daemonettes and exalted seeker chariots are pretty effective.
>>
>>44421626
It is because there is nothing to talk about. AoS hasn't had a proper release for a while now. We have had like, 3 new models in the last few months, so it has been discussed to death.
It will pick up again when we get back to frequent new releases.
>>
File: 1451020960185.jpg (61 KB, 653x409) Image search: [Google]
1451020960185.jpg
61 KB, 653x409
>>44422159
>Half a dozen people have told him he's the problem, but he's too autistic to understand he is not liked.

Are you the same retard here and sometimes in 40k general that demands regular posters take the fight to shitposters, and that by not replying to bait we are killing the board, because of 'muh apathy'.

If so, FUCK YOU
>>
>>44422212

I collect Empire. Where are my new fucking models, rat?

So far if you're not a Stormcast eternal or Khorne player you're shit outta luck. I'm not holding my breath to ever see new state troops or knightly order models.
>>
>>44424283
Yes, he is the same guy. He hates shitposters yet he is the worst of the shitposters himself.
>>
>>44424364
There likely won't be any new Stormcast or Bloodbound units for a long time.

Free People (empire and brettonia) will likely get a battletome somewhere in the next three years.
>>
>>44423686
No, you don't understand, if you liked and strived for a semblance of balanced pitch battles with warhammer fantasy it means you were autistic or an asshole, or both!
>>
>>44423686
All I meant to imply is generally the reason why some people don't like AoS when they try it out is because they go in expecting the traditional whfb experience, rather than being open to experience a different game.

There's nothing wrong with wanting that though. That's why alternatives exist like 9th age and kow. One is getting a lot of enthusiastic support and even original artwork, and the other is being adopted by a grand tournament circuit in the US. People wanting the whfb experience should be thrilled because I think you're better off now than you were before. So you should be playing those and helping those communities rather than trying to destroy ours.
>>
>>44425467
>rather than trying to destroy ours.
You're making strong implications here, you know that?
>>
>>44425626
Fair enough. Destroy is too strong of a word. But we occasionally get new players come in asking advice, and sometimes their first reply is "play a not shit game". I guess a more appropriate word would be sabotage?
>>
>>44421182
>You're still mad they fixed fantasy aren't you.

My FLGS manager just decided during the christmas season that he will no longer carry fantasy. What he said was : 'they have replaced a low seller with a no-seller'.

Yeah, definitely fixed. If on fix, you mean 'destroy their fantasy range completely'.
>>
>>44421182
>fixed

Anon please
>>
>>44421266
>he problem is for some reason people expect this to be as popular as 40k, and when there is evidence that it isn't, it's being interpreted as a complete failure. Which isn't a fair correlation to make.

only the stupid manager who decided to change the space marine statue to a sigmarine expected that, god only knows for what reason.

the issue is the community expected it to be as popular as fantasy. it is nowhere close even to what fantasy was at its twilight. don't even worth to buy models, because they are tanking sou hard you are losing your money's worth. I kid you not, all who bought the starter just lost $75 in half a year for instance.
>>
>>44422159
Who's Vital?
>>
>>44421329
replacing rules with 'no rules, do it all yourself to make a game out of it' isn't a fix

face it, this fucking game is simply UNPLAYABLE going by the rules. you have no fucking idea how to play a game without comp, 20nagashes.jpg
>>
Why not just use an older edition of WHFB's rules to play AoS like 3rd Edition for example?
>>
>>44421815
Me also Anon.

found my memory card, gonna post those pics here is a moment.
>>
>>44421530

if AoS is thriving, how comes you can buy its starter for 40% and under? It is tanking as fuck

this isn't 'thriving':

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-Box-Warhammer-/151912951369?hash=item235eb7ae49&nma=true&si=ZZ5x%252FyjKQRbulwCdfjYooO6NzCA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-Skarr-Bloodwrath-and-Basing-Kit-/201474489789?hash=item2ee8d0bdbd&nma=true&si=ZZ5x%252FyjKQRbulwCdfjYooO6NzCA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-/401035290016?hash=item5d5f90e5a0&nma=true&si=ZZ5x%252FyjKQRbulwCdfjYooO6NzCA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

fucking 1 bid on a 60% discount item... IOB were instant sold at 25% discount when it was still in print

a fucking full starter set + an additional model for 37 quids? this is not even dying anymore, it's dead in the water
>>
>>44422144
>As an aside, GW's best sellers for 2015 says a lot between the popularity gap that existed between 40k and Fantasy. 19 of 25 revealed so far and the only Fantasu exclusive models were the Putrid Blightkings, Nagash, and the Mortarchs.

desu senpai they were the only fantasy releases worth anything this year. like what the fuck did fantasy get besides those, the ugly khorne chainflail idiots and AoS that noone bought
>>
>>44422159
>The game is exactly like WHFB 1st edition. No points, barely any rules. Those complaining weren't around for 1st or 2nd edition of WHFB so don't remember this is how it was.
>I'm sure GW will add points when all the books have been updated.

sure, and 'the points will be on the back of the warscrolls I'm 100% just watch out retarded grognards'
>>
>>44426096
You know what gets me? The game indeed has no rules and depends on the players to figure it out.

Its releasing a broken game and expecting the players to use mods to fix it. /v/ don't take that shit but apparently some people in /tg/ would and I have no idea why.
>>
File: before xmas battle.jpg (163 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
before xmas battle.jpg
163 KB, 960x960
>>44426197
because they are releasing a new one.

>duh?

Plus, why are you trying to convince us? What do you gain? My wife and I are not going to play Fantasy, that shit was so fucking broke. SO why do you sit ITT and try to sway others.

>buy $300 worth of models just to start playing

>can only play one size and type of game

>fluff that has been stagnant for 40 GODDAMN YEARS

>expensive models

>Due to stupid point system, only about 20% of the models were worth playing in an army

>Horrible, overly competitive fan-base, not interested in helping others or having fun, only concern is that their $1200 army they had worked on for ten years win.

I mean, fantasy did nothing but bitch about these issues, GW fixes them, and then you plebs still complain.

Face it, you aren't who GW markets to anymore, they don't want your business.
They don't want you as players.
They don't want you buying their stuff and they don't care.
And we don't want you in this thread.
>>
File: DSC00247.jpg (7 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
DSC00247.jpg
7 MB, 5152x3864
>>44426274
nothing in the rules is broken.
they are also very easy to pick up and learn.
I love the "roll at beginning of each battle round to see who goes first" it keeps you from just running a set, stagnant battle plan.

Plus, having model placement that actually matters now?

such.a.great.improvement.

anyway, enough of these peasants.

>here is one of the skink riders for my bastiladon, I'm running a Seraphon/Stormcast army, got a whole story and everything for why they work together, something that couldn't be done in Fantasy, mind you, I love the freedom of creation I have in AoS for making my own RP.
>>
File: DSC00248.jpg (7 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
DSC00248.jpg
7 MB, 5152x3864
back of it
>>
>>44426236

They could have bought anything, the list is not limited solely to models released in 2015, in fact it has models like the Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer, Drop Pod, and Chaos Space Marines which are years old.

To me that is proof positive of how badly Fantasy was tanking and how much it needed some sort of shake up.

Those people who said Fantasy was composed of mostly veterans content to sit on their ass and buy something once in a blue moon because they already had large armies may have been on to something.
>>
>>44426333
>because they are releasing a new one.

they aren't releasing a new starter at all. they are releasing new battalions. that's like saying IoB should have tanked after they released Creatures of the Chaos Wastes or Warhost of Naggardon. Hint: it did not, sold the same 4 years after its release

also, I'm not trying to convince you at all. I'm just pointing out the reality in contrast to your dreams and imaginations. I mean it is perfectly fine that you like the game, idgaf but saying things like 'its thriving' is just borderline laughable

really should finish there but can't just stand the rest of your lies:

the fuck are you talking about? my fantasy armies are less expensive than my 40k armies at a 25% higher point level and twice the model counts. Besides, we regularly played 1k-1.2k games. you know that for an OK battalion + a mournfang box you got a force for that?

that must have been the problem with autists like you surely, we played everything from 1k to 4k

>fluff that has been stagnant for 40 GODDAMN YEARS

who the fuck cares, lord of the rings 'fluff' has been stagnant for 60 years, it is still awesome

>expensive models

AoS models are more expensive than WHFB was

>Due to stupid point system, only about 20% of the models were worth playing in an army

what is this nonsense again, there are like one or two models/units in a range in any of my armies I haven't used

>Horrible, overly competitive fan-base, not interested in helping others or having fun, only concern is that their $1200 army they had worked on for ten years win.

okay, now show me a fucking $1200 fantasy army. All my armies are at the $300-400 range at 2500 with standard retailer discount
>>
>>44426333
>>expensive models

>>new releases come out for new game
>>more expensive

£100 Archaon on not-dragon
Wut?
>>
File: DSC00251.jpg (7 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
DSC00251.jpg
7 MB, 5152x3864
here is my Dracoth, need to finish the back of the cloak, a little detail on my riders armor, and then the weapon and banner.
>>
File: DSC00252.jpg (7 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
DSC00252.jpg
7 MB, 5152x3864
>>44426478
it was this very much.
and how were any new players supposed to get into something when the hobby is infested by those kinds of people?

My GW store bans those kinds of people without even blinking. They want them to have nothing to do with the Hobby, thos grumpers are pure poision for the game.
>>
>>44423155
>20 Ghouls
>3 Crypt Horrors
How about 10 ghouls and 6 horror instead? Crypt Horror ain't that durable.

>>44422876
>Absolute destruction
Far from that, even you all the charges at the same tome, opponent can still fight back. Also, credit for themed army.

>or terrible failure?
Depend on your gaming scene, if everyone bring 5 fucking huge unit, you are fucked.

>>44426333
>Plus, why are you trying to convince us? What do you gain?

Not so friendly reminder, there are people shitposting as their hobby, a few post above just a copy and paste from dakka (and whineseer), since dakka start turning to AoS friendly, a few troll come here to develop their hobby - shitposting, the best way to deal with them, you know ignoring. Just talk about our hobby, instead feeding their shit.
>>
>>44426544
Dude, I like the scales. I'm not so sure about the green feet, maybe they just need a highlight? Maybe a painter can give a better opinion with bigger words. I admit I think half of it is my opinion of the model's feet is not particularly good. Maybe I'm just biased. Good job though.
>>
>>44421268

>Stopped by the local GW today. There was 40k and Horus Heresy being played and painted, didn't see any AoS on the gaming tables or the painting tables other than the demo game table... which funnily enough still hadn't been fully painted yet That surprised me because the manager is a pretty enthusiastic dude, I wouldn't expect him to leave the demo table in an unpainted state

>40k player here but our store not only has had nearly no traction for AOS, on Black Friday fantasy models other than demons were 40 to 60 percent off, while most the store was at 20. I did pick up some orcs to buff out my ork army but when i ask why, the manager told me that since AOS fantasy has been dead weight and he wants the shelf space for 40k and other games.

>Yeaaahh its still not selling, like at all. Worse than when it was warhammer even and I hate to say "I told you so" but yeah I could have easily guessed AoS wasn't going to take off.

>My FLGS had a stack of AoS boxes in their Black Friday Sale.

$50 each...

Didn't see how many sold, but there were a ton of them left from that initial ~80 box order GW pushed on them.
I've never seen the game being played at the store, although I certainly don't live there so it's possible I've missed some.

>At a gaming party lately I asked few guys from across the country over booze about their shops and AoS. Unsuprisingly, it's a flop, few starters moved, an uptick in whfb sales probably because people worried about models being discontinued and then nothing

>I am living in one of the USA's larger metro areas, and AoS exists pretty much only at the 1 GW site

>Fourth largest city in the US here.

Have not seen AoS played since release weekend.

>tell me about it, have to play the same 3 opponents in my own basement, even the GW only ever has one or two folks playing.
So, these were your 'proofs' from Dakka that AoS is a success? top kek
>>
File: laughing.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>44426546
>dakka start turning to AoS friendly

>>44426608
>>
>>44426546
Another not so friendly reminder, those shitposter always use the term "game" instead "hobby". As the hobby side GW did nothing wrong (bar the fucking high price), so they shit about the gaming part.
>>
File: DSC00253.jpg (7 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
DSC00253.jpg
7 MB, 5152x3864
>>44426589
thanks,I've only been painting and playing for two months now, the bastiladon I'm working on now is the first non-starter box model I've done.
As for the feet, I'm green-brown colorblind, so..... it looks really good to me? My thought would be maybe a darker green next time, my wife normally helps me with picking out the colors.
>>44426494
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/2016-gw-kickoff-dwarfs-inbound.html
read the thread kiddo.

>via Warseer’s Archibald_TK 12-27-2015 Got next week WD early (the one with the new stater boxes, that are as crazy as what was rumoured). Hint at the end of the WD shall translate to “The eternal quest for ur-gold begins” or something like that.

>the one with the new stater boxes

>with the new stater boxes

>new stater boxes

So, you gonna apologize for being wrong, buddy?
>>
>>44426478

what is this list where chaos space marines are the top sellers? getting curious
>>
>>44426608
>>44426647
4th city, exactly from dakka and whineseer. And my line is "start turning" instead "success ". Actually, how pantheic you are, you are hobby is nothing but shitposting on internet.
>>
>>44426704
right?
here is pic from the massive AoS battle we had ealier last week.
>no support
laughable.
>>44426333
>>
File: newbattleforces.png (118 KB, 788x348) Image search: [Google]
newbattleforces.png
118 KB, 788x348
>>44426665

the new starter boxes are the new battalions you dolt

so you get your info from BoLS? guess that explains a LOTS of things
>>
>>44426733
???

I think that you reply to wrong person.
>>
>>44426776

give him a break he's a literal autist these things will happen
>>
>>44426477
>>44426412
Ooo, guy. Imnsho, the back scale should painted with dark color, like dark blue instead camo green. I hate to say that, but your skink just being attacked by pigeon bomb(poo)?

Other then the color choice, it is cool.
>>
>>44426494

>Besides, we regularly played 1k-1.2k games

That doesn't even come close to the recommended average for Fantasy, you're off by around 1000 points.

What Anon likely meant by spending $300 to start playing is that Fantasy didn't work well at low points levels and you're required to buy a certain number of core models. If I wanted to play a 1000 point game with VC I'd be required to bring at least 250pts of core models. That is 40 Skeleton Warriors for $100.

>>44426676

On the Warhammer app, they've basically been rolling them out slowly. Unfortunately because of the way the app functions, older entries seemingly become unavailable after a few days.

Off the top of my head the best sellers so far have mostly either been Space Marines, Mechanicus, or Tyranids.
>>
>>44426789
Classic shitposter line.
>>
>>44426865

what's the recommended average for AoS? oh w8...
>>
>>44426865
>That doesn't even come close to the recommended average for Fantasy, you're off by around 1000 points.

diff anon, but we actually mostly played escalation leagues. 500 points starting month, 750 after, then gradually increased by 250 points every month. We only needed to houserule the 500 and 750 points variants (just to rule out some cheese, the gameplay had no issues), but the game worked perfectly fine from 1k points and onwards
>>
>>44426749
you can't read, can you?
>>44426849
I don't like the box color scheme. But thank you. And I have seldom been around pigeons, so,maybe? I wanted to put a bunch of empty beer cans on one of my bases, so why not do my entire bastiladon as if it had recently been shit on my a massive flock of terror birds.
I mean, it would really add some immersion.

Maybe I'll try drybrushing some Stegadon scale green over the back scales, right now they have hellion green over them.
I'm picking up the house right now, I'm home with the tail end of a flu, but I'm feeling good enough that when the wife gets home we are running a round of the "rain of death" scenario.
So, gonna clear the hobby table and get it all set up to play while watching LOTR:fellowship.

Should be a good evening.
>>
>>44421520
oh yeah, and Watching this right now, lul.
so far, really, really, good.
>>
>>44426966
Depend on your gaming scene, but officially 55 pound, a hero, unit of infantry and a fast hard hitting unit is where you start.

>>44426865
>Off the top of my head the best sellers so far have mostly either been Space Marines, Mechanicus, or Tyranids.

Some fantasy Chaos and Nagash too, the rest just...
>>
File: ageofsigmarmural.png (2 MB, 1800x790) Image search: [Google]
ageofsigmarmural.png
2 MB, 1800x790
>>44427033

look, we can play a game of sigmar with one hero on each side due to the scenarios.
It scales to any size.
and you dont have to change the rules for any reason, unlike fantasy which was utterly broken.
>>
>>44427104
a lot of the scenarios run one unit against maybe another two.

It's great, I can play a little 2x2 game in 45 min.
Means I can get a game in way easier in a week, because, you know, real life takes up time when you aren't a kiddo.

>>44421520
jesus, this explains the fantasy players so a fucking tee, creepy.
>>
>>44427033

I'm sure it was more fun at higher points games though, simply by dint of being able to take more of certain models or possibly being able to take certain models at all.

If escalation leagues were common or actively pushed by GW, perhaps things would have turned out different for Fantasy, but if the local Fantasy players only want to play at a certain points level, you're fucked as a new player.

GW is ultimately to blame though, they seemingly tried to cater to old players who already had huge armies, didn't realize that times are changing and that some people want to do other things and thus don't have time to paint up a large army.
>>
File: Boundbound1.jpg (548 KB, 1536x2001) Image search: [Google]
Boundbound1.jpg
548 KB, 1536x2001
ok, Im gonna get some housework done, and then yeah, I'll dry dry brushing that skink and will post pics of it.

Does anyone have experience in magnetizing the ark of stoek/ solar engine for switching out?

would like to do that, but it is not the end all be all, at my GW store we all allow each other to play our models as any variation they want to as long as its declared at the being of the game, but it would still be cool to be able to switch it out if possible. just for shits and giggles.
>>
Just got some Putrid Blightkings. Is it worth giving them an icon and tocsin? They seem fairly tough without them anyway.
>>
>>44427065
>you can't read, can you?

holy shit you truly have aspergers

we were talking about fucking STARTER BOXES, like Dark Vengeance or Island of Blood, in the $100-125 range.

A $85 Battalion isn't in the same category. So this is the first flaw in what you are saying, Island of Blood did not drop to 40% of its MSRP when the new DE or WE battalions arrived

the second flaw is, click the fucking links. AOS starters were selling for $50 in november, when the rumours of the new battalions weren't even close to coming
>>
>>44427104

I don't see any of that in the AoS rulebook. Where does this 55 'pounds' come from?
>>
>>44427374
There's no reason not to. And they do provide good benefits. The Tocsin provides some needed speed, and the icon bravery bonus can mean the difference between losing one extremely valuable model in battleshock, vs losing none.
>>
>>44427136
>and you dont have to change the rules for any reason, unlike fantasy which was utterly broken.

ofc you are changing the rules, nobody in the whole fucking world plays uncomped AoS because it is simply unplayable (start putting models on the table until you have none left, great rules), when there were a plenty of uncmompd GTs
>>
File: 1406599652020.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1406599652020.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>Discussing why AoS is a bad game
>Explain how as a Skaven player I can win on turn 1
>"Well just change the rules then anon"
>mfw this game is only playable if you make up your own rules for it

What's even the point?
>>
>>44427980

>Le wrong interpretation of fate weaver and the bell face
>>
>>44428230
>Le lazy and shitty ruleswriting that perfectly allows that interpretation
>Le no faq to correct it bc even GW doesn't give a fuck anymore
>>
rofl aosfags getting rekt left and right
>>
>>44428356

What's there to FAQ

You can't roll a 7 on a 1D6

Can't FAQ a fag
>>
>>44428404

yeah, no point in a faq the interpretation is legit. you don't roll at all with the fateweaver, you set the result. which can be anything, even 'small dick sigmarine fan'. the '13' result is even on the result table, so the result has a straight game effect interpretation in this case

crystal clear
>>
>>44428356

Because nobody has ever tried to do it IRL in an actual game.

What do you think happened to the assholes in 2nd Ed who just brought hawk exarchs with vortex grenades?

Hint: nobody played them anymore
>>
>>44427980

that's nothing, a single tomb swarm autowinning the 'game' is even better imo

good thing this game isn't 'broken' unlike fantasy was
>>
>>44428467

You set the result of a single die roll. Unless you're going to try and say your D6 for damage roll result can be any number either.

You know what, please don't play AoS.
>>
>>44428492

>take 1 nagash
>guaranteed draw, probable win
>>
File: kairos.png (59 KB, 940x414) Image search: [Google]
kairos.png
59 KB, 940x414
>>44428467
You set the result of A SINGLE DICE ROLL, the Screaming Bell has two dice to roll
>>
>>44428647

exactly, you set one roll to 7

no issue here
>>
The story about the Black Rift of Klaxus happens in the Tephra Crater, a giant crater in Aqshy with many crater kingdom. The most important of these kingdoms is Klaxus, but there are many others like Yatlan and Raulx. Thanks to the power of the Priest-Kings the Crater Kingdoms managed to survive the Age of Chaos, only to fall to Ahnur, the Scarlet Lord, during the Age of Sigmar.

The capital of Klaxus is Uryx, located on the nothern slope, a city founded after the Priest-Kings of Klaxus used the power of the Sulphur Citadel to tame the Ashen Jungle. This jungle grows wildly and is populated by nasty creatures like Toad Dragons but after taming it the city grows on top of it and the building are covered in vines and yellow roots. It also has aqueducts to bring water to the other sides of the city. After the Bloodbound slay the Priest-Kings the jungle begins to consume the city as they and Skaven begin capturing the population. Said population was said to be a million before the Bloodbound laid siege to it.

Some of the things the Priest-Kings created with the power of the Sulphur Citadel are:
-Mandrake Bastion: A fortress with gigantic mandrakes shaped in eternal agony so the defendants can awake them and use their screams as weapons.
-Gnawing Gate: Protecting the Inner and Outer city is a structure made from the bodies of their enemies, still alive inside gate, that streches tendrils with maws to eat everything.
-Bridge of Smoke: A bridge made out of smoke connecting the Sulphur Citadel with the rest of the city. It sways with the wind changes size. The Bloodbound fought the Sulphur-knights here.
>>
>>44428393
>le I dislike how other people spend their time and therefore shitpost
>>
>>44428734

Already set your salt meter to max
>>
>>44428734
You'd make a nice Skaven player
Do you seriously believe this? If you do thanks for the giggle
>>
>>44428803
>Klaxus
>Tephra
>Raulx
>Uryx

roflmao is it really the manager's kid coming up with these
>>
The Sulphur Citadel is a nexus of power made by the sacrifices the Priest-Kings made to Sigmar, but the Rotbringer Sorcerer sees the truth of it and thinks that the Priest-Kings were likely secret Tzeentchian worshippers. Ahnur want to use the power of the Citadel with the Black Rift, something created by the Furnace Kings, rulers of a continent-spanning smithy of the bloodbound, to summon Skul'rath and his daemonic legions into Klaxus.

Skul'rath, that bloodthirster that appeared in the Age of Sigmar book announcing his loss against the stormcast to the gatekeeper of the Brass Citadel, almost ruins the whole plan because the Bloodbound mock him by calling him the Broken One.

Apedemak, a slaugtherpriest that hates Ahnur strategic way of commanding, has a vision that shows that Khorne will end Aqshy when the rift opens. He also has a crush on Valkia. Volundr the Skullgrinder says that the skullgrinders does more than make weapons for Khorne, they also "forge" people into "weapons" for Khorne and Ahnur will likely rise to become a daemon.
>>
>>44428882

No I'm playing Slaanesh so I will jerk off and cum on your models for +2 Bravery bonus
>>
>>44428939
>>44428803
>He also has a crush on Valkia
Is this what actually happens? I haven't been reading them because I thought they were boring
>>
>>44428803
>>44428939

stfu Carnac nobody cares what you have to say
>>
>>44428882
You set the result, it never specifies that it has to be a result from 1-6

Gosh read the rules scrub
>>
>>44428916
Much better than Brettonia.

>>44428988
Valkia never appears in the story. Before he gets the vision a bunch of sulphur-birds appear in the sky and he think he sees a vision of Valkia in it and then he has a flashback of when he catched a glimpse of her and declared himself forever hers. He is not sure she heard him.

I liked the world-building in it, it slowly builds up bits and bits of the Adamantine Warrior-Chamber, the Eight Tribes Bloodbound Warband, Warpfang of Clan Rictus and Kingdom of Klaxus itself.

>>44429006
I'm not Carnac and while I do find Archaon an interesting character, because of his hypocrisy and competency, I also think he's a huge edgelord.
>>
>>44428916
This is what happens if you rush a whole game system out the door in 8 months.
>>
>>44429179
I might give it another go, I've still got Lords of Helstone to listen to yet so i'll do read before the last audiobook comes out
>>
GF and me just started getting in AoS. She plays seraphon, but there's something I don't understand:
Some of her units can summon other units; can it be done once per battle, or can it be used every turn? There's no indication in the rules, and she thinks it can be done an unlimited number of times (As long as she has enough minis.)
I went with Stormcast or Chaos, and it seems absolutely impossible to beat an army that can summon replacement troops to replace its losses.
So, can you guys help us about this rule?
>>
>>44428988
Me too. I tried to get into those books but I simply can't. The only AoS content I just cannot get myself into.

And that's saying somrthing, having read the "Hammers of Sigmar".

>>44429179
Khorne has proclaimed that Valkia is his mortal consort. She is already taken.

>edgelord.

I think the word you're looking for is....ANIME!
>>
>>44428916

Really shouldn't be critiquing the names when both 40k and Fantasy have had ones that are equally bad.
>>
>>44429417
A lot of people are houseruling the summoning rules. This is not uncommon. A general good one is a wizard that can only summon one unit per turn, and units summoned in cannot charge.

Part of the game is houseruling things to fit your style of play. Playing with a points system is a popular way of doing it.
>>
>>44429417

and thus the 'AoS is beginner-friendly' mythos fails too

anon, AoS isn't really a game, it's a shell, a half-made product you have to make a real-ish game with your own rules. out of the book (if you call 4 pages a book) it just doesn't work. try to make a reasonable consensus about summoning with your girl. I know it will be hard, and it is unfair that they put the stress of it on you, but you will have to deal with it. alternatively, look up a suitable comp pack, tho you might find things that you don't like in them either
>>
So, is AOS selling? I don't know if I should jump in, and at my local shop, nobody is playing it
>>
>>44429479

nah NOTHING come close to the copyright trainwreck that are aos names. duardin, sigmarabulum, orruk, fyrefyghters and bloodsecrators? nigmo please...
>>
>>44429417
As long as you have enough magic dice you can summon as many as you want, as many times as you want.
>>
>>44429580

yes, at 60% discount. otherwise, not really
>>
>>44429580
As with just about any game, if noone is playing it, then you probably shouldn't jump into it.
>>
>>44429583

Ferrus Manus of the Iron Hands
>>
>>44428356
Imagine the following:
You plan a game of AoS at your FLGS/GW/Warhammer Store/whatever.
Your opponent shows up.
He enthusiastically deploys what would have been 3000 points way back when.
You put down Bell&Fateweaver/8 Nagashs/Carrion/any other faggy rulebreaker.
You claim a win Turn 1.
You say "Good Game" and put your models back into your storage of choice.
You go home.

If that is your idea of fun, then congrats, you must live under a bridge with a piece of navel lint as your only entertainment.

Also, if you actually buy 8 Nagashes to abuse such rules, then GW doesn't have to give a shit anymore since you're personally keeping them out of the red.
>>
>>44426333
You could start with under $100 for 500pt lists very easily.

Objectively untrue. Please see 8th edition rules.
>>fluff that has been stagnant for 40 GODDAMN YEARS
I can't argue with this, timeline advancement would have been nice, blowing up the whole thing isn't a solution to stagnant fluff though.

>expensive models
Are you fucking joking. They're more expensive now.

More like 50%, but fair enough.

I played fantasy from 6th edition to 8th, and I only encountered two memorable assholes playing regularly in 4 different cities.

>I mean, fantasy did nothing but bitch about these issues, GW fixes them, and then you plebs still complain.
GW didn't fix shit. They tossed the baby out with the bathwater. 90% of the fantasy players I know jumped ship. The huge Australian scene and GT dwindled. The California scene has flipped to KoW for the most part.

>Face it, you aren't who GW markets to anymore, they don't want your business.
We haven't been the target market for 10+ years. The target market is 11-13 year olds with rich parents who buy this shit, never paint it and move on to their Xbox.
Their market share and sales are down per their own shareholder report.
>>
>>44421520
wow, this pretty much explains everything. i kindof sympathise with the buttmad fantasy players now, kinda
>>
>>44421520

the timmy-johnny-spike lingo didn't even work in mtg trying to apply it to warhammer makes even less sense
>>
>>44421520

this guy can't spell and probably haven't played warhammer ("all about the list" lol)
>>
>>44430013
did you even watch the video? it makes even more sense when applied to warhammer than it ever did to mtg. there is absolutely no place for timmys in mtg, its all territory for johnnies and spikes.

at least in whfb, timmys had some place, albeit overshadowed by a game designed for the johnnys and spikes. now that AoS dropped, this is Age of Timmy and the johnnys are rebelling against the notion
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44430089

>there is absolutely no place for timmys in mtg
>>
>>44430089

I did, and I know the origins of timmy-johnny-spike better than you, being an mtg player since 1998

saying that 'timmy' has no place in mtg when 'timmy' sets tend to be fucking financial success (see:theros, a record-breaking sales that set had zero appeal to a spike or johnny) shows that you have no idea about it either. you know that commander is the most played format in today's mtg and standard the least?
>>
>>44430149

these retards somehow think that a good, comprehensive ruleset equals Johnny

especially funny after an absolute casual guy just complained half hour ago in this thread that the rules have issues
>>
>>44430149

hell, the main slogan for the guy who came up with the timmy-johnny-spike distinction is that the success of mtg comes from the fact that it caters to all three types. basically when he said that mtg only appeals to johnnys showed the complete misunderstanding of the principle

a typical "talking shit without understanding it" AoS moron
>>
>>44421520
I would say that I don't fit into any one of those categories. If anything I am a mix of all 3. Which is probably why I can see the appeal of aos, but im not entirely sold on it. I also get all the issues that were glaring problems with older editions, and in turn 9th age. So i can admit that it is hard for me to find the perfect game, but i just find a game thats being played where i am and go with it.
>>
boy, aosfags haven't been bodied this hard in a while, I'm starting to feel for them. I mean they just come back from christmas to utter destruction, brrr...
>>
>>44418745

jesus fucking christ carnac poetry, RIP Sigmar threads
>>
File: 3pknxq.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
3pknxq.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
>>44430463

>imagine a carnac archaon fan-poetry series in the AOS general
>>
>>44419805

Well now it's pretty active, but 90% of it is trashtalking or He Who Shall Not Be Named
>>
I think the reason I'm pretty fair with AoS is that I play Warmahordes or Dropzone Commander when I want to really think about strategies and have a good exercise in tactics. They're far better for my majority Johnny side than 8th because 8th fell flat and ended up very dry for my taste. The game was essentially won in the list building and magic phase.

AoS is fine with me because it appeals to me like 2nd Ed 40k did: it's not about a competitive rule set and for me is just time to hang out with my friends and shoot the shit. Having all the models on deep discount helps a lot too.
>>
>>44429516
Thanks for the idea. This seems quite fair.

>>44429544
Thanks. That's a shame though. The rules may be accessible, but there should be at least a true rule book explaining things like that. I thought I went for a full game with a complete set of rules.

>>44429598
So some armies are virtually unkillable? How could anyone win if the opponent is able to generate a lot of units each turn?
>>
>>44426608
I'd buy 2 AoS starters at $50 each.

I want to start Elohi for Kings of War.
>>
>>44428647
just FYI, 'Dice' is the plural of 'Die'

A single 'Dice Roll' would refer to any number of dice rolled at once.
>>
>>44431024

If your opponent is going to run summonses, ask him about any restrictions he'd like to play with. Either accounting for summons with wounds/points or something else.

If he showed up with a box 12" deep with Flamers, consider not playing him.
>>
>>44431024
What you have to understand is that AoS is balanced because there is no balance. That sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Rather than each player building 2 competitive lists and doing a battle to see who is the better player/listbuilder, games of AoS are not meant to be played that way. It's an adventure battle game. Your goal when playing a game should be to tell a story and create a challenge for your opponent without completely curbstomping them because you brought 2 slann magepriests and are summoning 8 units a turn on the table.

The game is meant to be barebones in rules so you, the players, can be mature enough to come up with your own houserules to fill in the holes. So yes, the game is incomplete, but it is meant to be that way. It's up to the players to create the balance.

If GW introduced a points system and composition rules then it would be right back in like with previous editions, with players trying to min-max what they can and continue to curbstomp fun lists because they are playing a competitive list, and claim it's all part of the game's balance.

By removing the balance in a game, it comes to the players to create that balance, rather than use it as a crutch when bitching about their own army or others.
>>
>>44431158

Except the rules specify that they use dice as a singular as well as a plural.

Guess reading the first page of a 4 page ruleset is too hard for spikes
>>
>>44431024
because once they have enough units more than you you can go for a sudden death objective.

Thats why the fantasy trolls hate AoS, it has an auto balance to make it fair for new players.

They just can't get over the fact that their $1200 ten year old army doesn't win every time now.
They get mad because now players are making combo armies and troop placement that is just too complicated for them.

I love how they keep telling us this thread is so slow, when its been on page one all day long, lulz.

about to start on that second skink now. Might get around to primering the wife's Daemon Prince.

>that's not a euphemism
>>
>>44431173
I never specified 'in age of sigmar'

I'm explaining why there is confusion.

You need to calm the fuck down and understand why WHFB players are angry, stop complaining about the theoretical 'Spike'.
>>
>>44431158

that's the slavic shitposter, he can't into english, don't bother
>>
>>44430990
I get this. I am a 40k player, and what I play 40k I am more Johnny than I am Timmy. But when I got into fantasy back when, it was just more Johnny game that I was already playing, so I dumped it after building a small army. It was nothing new.

Then after AoS, I find a game that appeals to my Timmy side. So with this game the roles reverse and Johnny takes the back seat. I like it because I have 2 games that apply to my 2 alter gamer egos, rather than boring myself with 2 games that both apply to the Johnny, never letting my Timmy out to play.
>>
File: balance.jpg (51 KB, 553x484) Image search: [Google]
balance.jpg
51 KB, 553x484
>>44431176
>Thats why the fantasy trolls hate AoS, it has an auto balance to make it fair for new players.

>le 6 bloodthirsters against 10 skavenslaves getting sudden death

>le single tomb swarm autowinning the game
>>
>>44431176
>I love how they keep telling us this thread is so slow, when its been on page one all day long, lulz.

dude,

>>44430588 this anon said it

are you really proud that your general became the cesspool of /tg/?
>>
>>44431209

Since its in the context of some asshole spike trying to win the game turn 1 with a bell and the Dice/die specification is literally one of the first lines of the rules in AoS I can understand why illiterate asshole WHFB players would be furious that their shitty game is dead and buried.

They and mantic can continue to fuck the corpse
>>
>>44430990
>They're far better for my majority Johnny side than 8th because 8th fell flat and ended up very dry for my taste. The game was essentially won in the list building and magic phase.

everyone who says this was a bad WHFB player. WHFB is one of the most list independent wargame I have played amongst those where there are serious listbuilding. You have to have a non-shit list but if you give the same list to a GT winner and a random average player the GT winner will win 99% of the time. If it was a list game, it would be 50-50. I'd say if you take a 1-100 scale the GT winner will beat the average Joe's 100 list while he plays a ~55 list without breaking a sweat.

Hell, in WHFB fucking Tomb Kings and Bretonnia won GTs. The so-called 'worst factions'. In fact, the list-based game is 40k, your ingame play mattered the most in WHFB.
>>
>>44431292

You mean assblasted whfb babies who are so mad about their net lists being invalidated that they sit in AoS General all day and just shit post about it?

Cause yeah, yeah it's making me glad whfb died. Nobody worthwhile in that fanbase evidently
>>
>>44431176
>They just can't get over the fact that their $1200 ten year old army doesn't win every time now.

still waiting on you to show that 2500 army that's worth $1200. Is it made out of 200 Juan Diaz daemonettes and a character? I can make three armies for that cost.
>>
File: autism.gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
512 KB, 480x270
>>44431425
>>
>>44431396

Nobody said faction. They said list. If you can optimize the shit out of your list and play your wizards/chaff effectively, you'll do fine. As long as you don't stray from the very few ways of making your faction viable in a competitive sense.

And if I'm going to do that, I'll do it in a game that is actually more than bricks and speed bumps.
>>
>>44431435

he must be the confusing it with the cheap aos army of a $165 archaon model and a few $100 for 3 models Varanguards. all presented with the fitting $1120 scenery ofc
>>
>>44431309
you seem really buttmad.

It's like you are trying to hate WHFB to get AoS to be popular or something.
>>
>>44431551

That doesn't even make sense
>>
>>44431564
neither does the argument that

>>44431309

made.

It doesn't make sense because it's an analysis of something nonsensical.
>>
>>44431594

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down. No need to get emotionally attached to your masculine plastic army figures and project your emotional needs onto your strong male fictional characters.

Just calm down son
>>
>>44431479
>As long as you don't stray from the very few ways of making your faction viable in a competitive sense.

Maybe the old factions, but newer factions have had multiple viable lists. By the way, I don't really see the problem when a game rewards good play and recognizing its fundamentals. I mean if someone recognizes that he has to use his rooks effectively, can't just forget about them and win with bishops only, then he proceeds and uses this fact in game and beats his opponent with it he deserves the win, right?
>>
>>44431658

you should prolly tell this to this guy instead

>>44431425
>>44431309
>>44431176
>>
My small warband of 50 nightgoblins (40 Spears 10 archers) and 3 fanatics got a giant arcahanarok spider as a "pet"
What other pets should I give my night goblins? Ie how to expand
>>
>>44431805
More spiders. Those spider riders would be pretty badass.
>>
>>44421520
Anyone want to give a summary?
>>
>>44431805

a few of Sigmar's Chosen, preferably Vondus Hammerface.

no AoS army is complete without having some units of the game's sigmature army!
>>
>>44431717

chess is great because all the pieces are useful and are mirrored. Chess would be shit if you could pick different set ups.
>>
File: large.gif (875 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
875 KB, 500x281
>>44431852
>sigmature

i see what you did there
>>
>>44426608
>my store is like this, so that means all stores are like that!
40k is dead at my store. There's 8 Aos players and 2 40k who just started AoS
The only fantasy models that aren't selling are empire and high elves because no one plays them
>>
>>44431167
But I never played so far. What can we use as a reference to try to have roughly the same forces on the table? If she takes like 40 skinks, 2 carnosaurs and 15 saurus Guards, how can I know how much/which Stormcast/Chaos units to pick to make the fight fair?
>>
>>44431864

howtocompletelymissthepoint.jpg

I will spell it out for you, as I see that your wits aren't your strong point: if someone understand and play the game better, have a better way to play more efficiently within the rules, he should be rewarded.
>>
>>44431949

objective market pricing of AoS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Box-sealed-/141827937566?hash=item21059a951e%3Ag%3A9OwAAOSwlV9WRlx-&nma=true&si=4r85XWYRvJsjRPI8SOyHkVlXzqk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

40% of the MSRP. that's called EPIC FAILURE

(notice that I have chosen a listing from the last month so the new 'but but but they are not selling because the new battalions444!!' shit does not apply)
>>
>>44431972
> I think using Castling against a friend who has never heard about it ij a casual game of chess is perfectly socially acceptable.
>>
File: timmy_johnny_spike.jpg (234 KB, 1123x870) Image search: [Google]
timmy_johnny_spike.jpg
234 KB, 1123x870
>>44431832
There are generally 3 different types of players of mtg, and which can in a way be applied to wargames like warhammer.

The timmy, the johnny, and the spike. Generally people don't fall into only one of the categories, more of a mix between them, with varrying degrees.

The Timmy would be one who loves the experience of the game and loves the big action, like big monsters, and grand scenes taking place an memorable moments.

The Johnny loves to express his skill in the game. He likes lots of rules and wants to show new and unexpected tactics. Listbuilding is something Johnny loves because it can be an expression of skill. Johnnies also like to take 'nerfed' armies and make something work out of them because they can demonstrate his skill.

The Spikes just want to win, at all costs. They are willing to do or bring whatever it takes to do so. This is not to say all spikes are assholes. A lot of times spikes garner a lot of negativity and it isn't always fair.

His point in all of this is whfb and previous editions were very much Johnny games. Johnny thrived in them and they rewarded him. While Timmy generally took the back burner with them, not favoring things like big monsters and such.

Then AoS hit, and it became the game where Timmy would thrive, and Johnny took the back seat. There was little in it for Johnny anymore, and more appeal to Timmy. In essence the roles were reversed.

So Johnnys get angry because this is not the game they knew and loved. But all the Timmys get relieved because their game is finally here.

I definitely recommend watching it because he clarifies it and gives more detail. It's not the definitive answer to everything, but it gives a good argument to the case.

With whfb lasting so long and being a Johnnys game, there were more Johnnys than Timmys playing up to the end. So when the switch happens, because there are more Johnnys, there's more opposition to it, and the Timmy's are just starting to come back.
>>
>>44431772

Anal annihilated whfb player confirmed
>>
>>44431968
Play a comp system like SDK or Azyr. They are good references for getting balanced games in and can be a lot of fun. Other players have done the work on coming up with ways to play AoS, it's just up to you guys to find the way that works best for you.
>>
>>44431972

>I feel that I should be rewarded for my extensive knowledge of obtuse rules and meta and I should be rewarded for it to the detriment of the actual content of the game

>why won't anyone play me

>why is my game gone

You should go ahead and die with Warhammer

Or play a game that actually supports a competitive ruleset
>>
>>44432142
This. Just try it out. You may be surprised. Also make sure you guys are playing the battleplan scenarios. Pitch battles are pretty fucking boring.
>>
>>44431972

You're the one completely missing the point. There are games where losing isn't really all that bad, and then there's your really expensive army getting demolished by some dude who net listed and rolled well in the magic phase. It's not about git gud you filthy Spike, it's about the game being fun for non autists. Which it wasn't, which is why it's dead
>>
>>44432189

most of my flgs and club plays WHFB and none of them switched to AoS, so I've got people to play for the rest of my life ;)

we aren't just cuck SJW faggots who are afraid of concepts like 'winning'
>>
>>44432281

You do sound like a faggot though
>>
>>44432268

noone implied it is bad. I lose a ton, and have no problems with it because that's an opportunity to learn from my mistakes and get better, and also because I lose to players who are pretty good at the game. surprisingly their armies do not cost $1200 and they are not 'netlisting', unless you think when they put on their list on their faction forums (where are the faction forums for aos? oh right nowhere, because NOBODY CARES) is 'netlisting'. also, I am playing themed list 90% of the time, and surprise motherfucker, they kick ass because I do not suck at the game

what the fuck is this netlisting even, have you ever been to a WHFB tournament? I guess you fucking haven't because then you would know 'netlisting' isn't a thing in fantasy. are you all fucking mediocre MTG players who switched to wargaming or what? look at the ETC lists thread on the HE forums:

http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69163

8 archetypes from one faction, like 4 haven't been before on the HE forums at all. what 'netlisting'? btw see, those are the discussions this shallow and shit game will never have, you'll be forever with your inverted T formations :)

I agree if you want to spend your life of eternal mediocrity while not putting to much stress on your cognitive protection mechanism, by all means play AoS
>>
>>44432459

You seem to be spending plenty if cognitive function shitposting about a game you don't play
>>
>>44432442

he might be a faggot but I can smell your butt hurting more than his ever was
>>
>>44432442

no I'm a normie, but no issues I don't expect an autist to comprehend that
>>
>>44432520

>normie

>unironically calls people SJW cucks
>>
>>44431259
>le single tomb swarm autowinning the game

That's pretty much how my first game went.
>End of Turn 3
>All I had left was a Tomb King
>Opponent has a 20 man Temple Guard unit and a carnasaur.
>Sudden Death
>Pick seize ground
>Pick terrain Tomb King is already sitting on
>Easily survive until end of turn because re-rollable 4+

Would have won my second game the same way if the second unit of 15 clanrats hadn't shown up.
>>
>>44432480

nah I spend very little on this, just when I have nothing else to do at work. pretty effortless really, though I can understand it seems to be hard for someone whose mental capabilities are appropriate for AoS
>>
>>44432559

Better not get burger grease on your phone m8
>>
>>44432559

Dude your giant paragraph of mad is already posted, just embrace your autism and admit you value toy soldiers far more than is healthy
>>
>>44432636

>giant paragraph
>200 words

are all the kids illiteral these days?
>>
>>44432672

>illiteral

Yeah you are
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 221x228
>>44432592
>>44432636

aosfags are full of arguments
>>
>>44432048
America isn't the only country in the world, you know...
>>
>>44432559

Yeah instead of working you better write up character limit posts about plastic toy soldiers on a Malaysian sewing board
>>
>>44432728

that is right my comrade, let's see the stronghold of AOS, the literal fortress of the new system:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Starter-Set-Skarr-Bloodwrath-and-Basing-Kit-/201474489789?hash=item2ee8d0bdbd:g:9x8AAOSwHQ9WWJnR
>>
>>44432746

malaysia, right, eurokek? I don't even know what time is it in malaysia, bet they are sleeping now
>>
>>44432459
>26 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>25 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>23 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>27 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>28 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>20 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>28 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>27 White lions with banner of the world dragon
>Netlisting isn't a thing in fantasy
>>
File: aosfag.gif (4 MB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
aosfag.gif
4 MB, 625x352
>>44432459
>are you all fucking mediocre MTG players who switched to wargaming or what?

I think I've found the average aosfag from this thread, he is on the left
>>
>>44432768
>implying I'm British
AoS is doing well in Canada, go back to dakkadakka
>>
>>44432768
>ebay indicates the success of a product
I want this meme to die. People that like a product don't generally sell it, they, you know, keep and use it.
>>
>>44432858
>the best unit of the army book appears in 55% of the lists
>this is netlisting

everyone who did that instead of going full shadwo warriors were netlisting

hey found another thing:

>Noble: BSB
>in all lists

fucking netlisters!
>>
>>44432939
>it doesn't sell for shit on ebay
>doesn't sell for shit in local shops, even at 60% discount
>shops dropping fantasy left and right
>noone plays it in stores
>general goes for 5 days under 200 post autosage without shitposting
>GAME IS DOING GREAT BOYS DONT CARE ABOUT THE MEMESTERS EVERYTHING IS A GROGNARD CONSPIRACY
>>
>>44432974
>meta buffer man =/= net listing play2win scum lord
Also nice cherry pick
>>
>>44433025
also forgot:

>every tournament switching to KoW or 9th age
>KoW getting a massive influx of players, they don't even have the capacity to fulfill orders
>AoS limited edition not selling for months before being taken down
>>
>>44433025
Why are you trying to tell people that the thing they're having fun with is shit? Leave us be, go build models or something
>>
>>44432858

shit, most high elves are playing their most iconic and powerful units?

what's next, will you tell us about the outrage that the Tau players dare to play battlesuits?
>>
>>44432124
I love how Spike doesn't even have an un-card. Dark Confidant is already the perfect match, except for name.
>>
>>44433067
>please dont hurt me im sensitive and insecure!
>>
>>44433064

KoW ain't shit. The Fantasy fanbase was already small enough and KoW didn't even bother to grab all of them. Some went to AoS, some went with 9th Age, some continue to play 8th Edition, and others play older editions.

Mantic doesn't have the capacity to fulfill orders because they're a small ass company. That they have to turn to Kickstarter every time they want to do something is proof of this.
>>
>>44432533
>single tomb swarm autowinning the game
I don't get how this works.
>>
>>44433205
It doesn't, they screwed up the ruling.
>>
>>44433224
This I understand, but I don't get how.
>>
>>44433064
>every tournament switching to KoW or 9th age
Except the clash of swords circuit of tournaments that's playing AoS.
>Hurr that's just one example
"Every"
>>
>>44432533

You can also deploy a single Carrion and choose endure. Carrion count as Flying High until you choose to charge with them, and cannot be harmed by any spells, attacks or abilities until you do. One model endures for six turns while your ten thousand hellcannons and bloodthirsters stare up at the sky cursing! Tomb kings top tier confirmed.

Or another one: my army consists of a Watchtower. Yes, that's it. I have the warscroll right here, and I'm under the wounds limit, with zero total wounds. Yes, it says it counts as a model, and it's on a warscroll. There's even a formation of buildings available. Oh, I'm choosing Endure for my Sudden Death condition. Good Luck Mate!
>>
>>44433406

Did you have fun playing that game
>>
>>44433450

nobody has fun in AOS anon, it's just an illusion
>>
>>44433492

Not as fun as a bunch of warhammer posters baiting each other while the actual AoS players watch
>>
>>44433298

sorry m8 we don't give a shit about irrelevant paki tournaments here
>>
>>44433406
I know this is missing the point, but on the watchtower one the stormcast eternals have a formation of retributors plus a lord-relictor that can smash terrain off the table.
>>
File: 1451186443500.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
1451186443500.gif
3 MB, 257x212
>>44433645

One second AoS defenders are raging in nuclear heat (and justified because everyone shits on this thread for months), the next you're grandmaster schemers hiding in the shadows watching with delight while trolls troll each other... make up your mind
>>
File: 1428844415114.png (285 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1428844415114.png
285 KB, 720x720
>>44433146
You wont be saying that when I fuck your ass, pretty boy
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 624x352
>>44433647

>paki tournaments
>google clash of swords warhammer
>cardiff

well played, well played
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.