[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Life Quest 21 - Remembering To Put An Edition After The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Amy Objects.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
Amy Objects.png
425 KB, 405x600
ARCHIVE: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44390878/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are Brianna la Croix, journeyman necromancer, heritor of the Dungeon, and this has to be the most satisfying petty revenge you have ever experienced.

"HOW COULD YOU!" Amy yells at the top of her lungs; a second soldier goes sailing out of the window, followed by a third. "SHE SAVED YOUR /LIFE/! YOU FUCKER! YOU FUCKING FUCKER!"
>>
File: FestivalGarb_2.png (357 KB, 793x774) Image search: [Google]
FestivalGarb_2.png
357 KB, 793x774
>>44417008
"Captain," you drawl, leaning on your cane. "I see you've met Amy again."

"Charmed," Marsh groans from the dirt. "Will she hit me if I get up?"

"Probably," you say, honestly.

"I'll be staying down, then."

Amy vaults out of the window, full up of BURNING JUSTICE, and stops only when she sees you. "This asshole brought a fucking /historian/, Bri!" she exclaims. "To verify the jewels! Like he can't trust your word! Can you believe this fuck?"

"Well," you say slowly. "Yes, I kinda can? 'cause I might have been mistaken about the jewels with absolutely no ill intent whatsoever?"

Amy pauses, blinking.

"Your heart's in the right place, Ames, but maybe let me deal with surfacer law? Which, I might add, you've broken in hilarious fashions just now?"

"Assaultin'anofficer," one of the soldiers mumbles.

"Given the circumstances, I'm willing to overlook it," Marsh groans. "Ms. la Croix, I am glad to see you are well."

> Y'know, you too, Marsh.
> Can we have this talk in private? There's some other things I wanna ask you that ain't my friends' business - or your soldiers'.
> No thanks to you, fucker.
>>
>>
>>44417084
>Y'know, you too, Marsh.
>>
File: 1444348924947.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1444348924947.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>44417084
It'd suck if Amy killed our one legal means of returning to actual non-criminal life, after all.
His discomfort, however, is more than welcome.
>>
>>44417084
>Can we have this talk in private? There's some other things I wanna ask you that ain't my friends' business - or your soldiers'.
>>
>>44417084
>Y'know, you too, Marsh.
Bury hatchets, not bodies.
>>
Called, writing.
>>
File: Coffee break.gif (381 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Coffee break.gif
381 KB, 500x500
>>44417084
"You know," you muse, "you too, Marsh." You offer the Captain a hand up, which he takes with a grateful look. The brushes himself off and turns to face you.

"Before we do or say anything else, I want to offer you my apologies in person," the soldier tells you, his voice solemn. "Having spoken to you, and learned of both your family and your own deeds, I have come to realize that I've wronged you, and wronged you deeply."

"We've all got jobs to do, Captain," you say kindly. "Sometimes they suck. Shall we go inside and talk?"

"You'll have to pry my historian from the rafters."

"/Amy/," you say in exasperation. She has the grace to look guilty, at least.

It takes some coaxing - and a ladder - but you eventually peel the somewhat older, somewhat plump man from the rafters, to which he has clung with remarkable upper body strength for someone his size. You set the jewels down on the table for him to examine and surprise the non-Marsh soldiers by continuing to talk instead of waiting in breathless awe for the verdict.

"Jakob still doing okay?" you ask.

Marsh nods. "Better than, really. He's really taken to his new lease on life, and taken it as an opportunity to improve the lives of others as a community leader."

"Coming back from death can do that to a person," you note. "Ask Nate over here."

Nathan grins, a little shyly, and sips his coffee so he doesn't have to talk.

"What will you do, when you're free of your exile?" Marsh inquires.

"I'd kinda intended on going right back down into the Dungeon," you admit.

"...Ignoring the strangeness of that statement," Marsh says with a slight cough. "It may grieve you to note that His Grace, Duke Henry, passed last month. His daughter, Duchess Harriet, has a keen interest in the Dungeon and in the people exiled there, and why. It may have transpired that a certain captain, who shall remain nameless, encouraged her to re-think Starfall's position on necromancy and its practice."
>>
File: 1449514321996.jpg (112 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1449514321996.jpg
112 KB, 572x303
>>44417764
"Sounds like a smart guy," you say wryly. "Why do you mention him?"

"Because Her Grace would very much like to meet you, provided the terms of your exile are truly over, and hear you argue your case."

Marsh's soldiers drop their spoons into their cups in numb shock.

> Uhhh....
> I can't. I've got obligations, I've got a teacher I'm already sorta taking a break from just to do /this/.
> I'd love to. Can (Amy/Nate/Fetch choose one) come with me?
> This sounds like a giant plate of Not My Problem, Captain. Though I apprecaite the thought.
>>
File: ITBEGINS.jpg (17 KB, 221x261) Image search: [Google]
ITBEGINS.jpg
17 KB, 221x261
>>44417797
> I'd love to. Can FETCH come with me?

I can't think of a single thing that could go wrong with this
>>
>>44417797
> I'd love to. Can Fetch come with me?
As much as I want to continue the learning as soon as possible, this could actually help a large amount of people throughout the land.
Fetch is our strongest case for necromancy not necessarily being evil.
He's genteel, courteous, and noble, which the Lady should enjoy.
He's also fuckin' cute.
>>
>>44417797
> I can't. I've got obligations, I've got a teacher I'm already sorta taking a break from just to do /this/.
>>
>>44417797
>First of all, a certain spirit has....fallen under my care, and I was hoping to put her to rest before traveling great distances.
>second, I don't personally mind, but there are currently Things happening in the Dungeon. Death being defiled. Nobody wants that happening any longer than it has to.
>>
>>44417797
>> I can't. I've got obligations, I've got a teacher I'm already sorta taking a break from just to do /this/.
did we just forget about the slave miners or something? If Gracey wanys to meet us she knows where we are.
>>
Traveling to the Duchess would take quite a bit of time; it'd eat into Bri's free interlude time and definitely disturb her lessons.

Keep this in mind.
>>
>>44417797

Maybe have River and Fetch come up in our stead? Would River be okay at/with this?
>>
>>44417886
>I'd love to. Can Fetch come with me?
We'll need to commission some fineries.
>>
>>44417797
> I'd love to. Can Fetch come with me?
>>
>>44417797
Oh shit. We can inform the new Duchess of what's going on in the Dungeon, and maybe get some reinforcements from the surface.

Aaauuughh!! You make it so hard to choose JUST ONE. But since we just talked to Harry with Nate..
>I'd love to. Can Amy come with me?
>>
>>44417995
I want to point this out to anyone voting to go.

Lora will probably get pissed if we just up and leave her to go get famous and junk.
>>
>>44417797
>I'd love to. Can His Knightlyness, Sir Fetch the Nightfeather come with me?
>>
>>44417797

>>
Damn, I didn't want to, but I'm gonna have to change my vote from this >>44418125
to supporting this >>44417965
>>
>>44417965
supporting
>>
>>44417797
>I can't. I've got obligations, I've got a teacher I'm already sorta taking a break from just to do /this/.

>Would it be possible for me to send along my well-wishes to her, and an account of the state of the dungeon? The dead aren't going anywhere, and I'd be glad to speak with her once the job is complete.
>>
Called. Tallying, writing.
>>
Goddamnit, really? We're leaving to go on a side mission? While slaves are laboring under the Baron?
>>
>>44418450
I just want happy before sad
>>
>>44418450
>>44418547
Actually, it seems "I have obligations" has won.

Also the IRL demon got me, writing for real now.
>>
>>44419039

... someone deleted their vote.

THEY HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.

That's cool.
>>
but obligations is 5 and i'd love to is 6?
>>
>>44419458
One person changed their vote. Doesn't show up on a simple greentext count, but it changes the final tally to 6/5 in the other direction.
>>
>>44419458
>>44419213
One anon changed his vote and another improperly linked his vote is what I'm seeing. Otherwise Obligations was tied with bringing Fetch.
>>
Oh shit, this discussion of Fetch reminds me: we have to get him a steed.
>>
>>44419550
But how would we get a cat on a dog on a horse?
>>
>>44419588
Carefully.
>>
File: 1448773848186.jpg (21 KB, 286x203) Image search: [Google]
1448773848186.jpg
21 KB, 286x203
>>44417797
"I have obligations, Captain. Things below are worse than you might think," you note. "I have a teacher I need to attend to, and people to rescue, and more besides. There's been so much shit wrong down there that I cannot even begin to express it."

Marsh's face falls, slightly. "I...Ms. la Croix, I do not mean to sound selfish or unappreciative of your position, but I had hoped to right the wrong I'd done upon you, once and for all."

"Well," you say with a heavy sigh, "I can't go. I can't afford to go. But if she's in or near Glen, send a messenger to Lakehallow. They'll come and get me, and I'd be happy to speak with her. More than happy. Tell her that only threat to the lives of the innocent keeps me from rushing to her presence."

"I understand," Marsh says with a sigh. "Thank you for your honesty."

"These are legitimate, Captain," the historian says into the silence that follows.

The paperwork clearing your name takes hours, but it honestly feels like minutes.

You're a free woman.

Your studies are interrupted by a soft knock on the door. You look back and see a young woman, pretty in a bookish way, with round glasses and a scar across the entirety of her throat.

"Got a minute?" she asks, quietly.

> Sure
> Not really
> Who are you again?

Your studies are going well; Brigette is busy attempting to uncover a secondary passage into the Mine, because taking the main entry is going to be blatant suicide of the highest order. You're running ragged, but it's a good sort of ragged, filled with education and the fulfillment of principles you only grasped the broad strokes of previously. Amy is currently occupied in Lakehallow, helping the victims of the Vintner; Nathan has been asked to mediate a trade agreement between the Labyrinth Tribe and Glen.

> Visit your sister
> Spend some time with Cherry
>>
>>44419603
> Sure

>Visit sister
>>
>>44419603
>> Who are you again?
I suppose dressing for scholarly matters is more for comfort than form?

>> Visit your sister
>> Spend some time with Cherry
yes
>>
> Who are you again?

> Visit your sister.
>>
>>44419603
>Sure, who are you again?

>Spend some time with Cherry
Why can't we bring Cherry to visit with River?
>>
>>44419603
> Sure
>>
>>44419603
>> Sure
> Visit your sister
>>
>>44419693
You can, if you'd like to, but that changes the tone of the visit. There's things to talk about with either of them that maybe shouldn't be talked about with /both/ of them.
>>
>>44419603
> Sure
>>
>>44419603
Looks like one of the attendants under The Caretaker from before Bridgette came into power. She probably died trying to escape and has been called back by the Caretaker until things are fixed and she can pass on properly. Anyways;
>Sure
Brianna always has time for someone in need, living or dead.

>Spend some time with Cherry.
We've already had sister-time with River. Yay hair-braiding! Do note that I am a man and yet this makes me squeal with delight. And this does not threaten my masculinity. In any way.
>>
>>44419600
Nails? We're a necromancer. Pretty sure we can make mindless zombies that that works ethically for.

> Sure?
> Visit your sister.
>>
>>44419603
> Sure

> Visit your sister
>>
>>44419603
>> Sure
I keep trying to think of anyone who fit that description and I only come up with that one lamia we ran into but she was described with fangs and no scar. This's gonna bug me if we know em.

> Visit your sister
While it could be nice to chat with Cherry, River has been stuck with 'clean up zombie' duty with a not entirely pleasant ghost in her head. I think she might need some more living company.
>>
>>44419603
> Sure
So, do we know what the Duchess looks like?

> Visit your sister
I can't decide between them. We should check on our sister, but we can't have Cherry heading evil either.
>>
> Sure

> Visit your sister
>>
>>44419603
>Who are you again ?
>Spend some time with Cherry
>>
Votes called. Tallying, writing.
>>
isn't she that chick nate banged?
>>
File: 1450377898373.jpg (349 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1450377898373.jpg
349 KB, 675x900
>>44419603
"Sure," you tell the young woman. She gives you a shy, grateful smile, and sits down opposite you at the small table where you're studying. "If it's not too personal, can I ask about the..." you draw a line across your throat.

"Oh, that." She touches the scar, self-consciously. "...It was a long time ago. Someone with an interest in my inheritance paid a man to kill me while I was at school. I was rescued before I could die and given healing."

"Good thing too," you say, nodding. "Something troubling you?"

She sighs, and you can see signs that maybe she's younger in the soul than in the body; like Brigette she has that youthful /feeling/, but you can see the little signs of age that tell you she's older than you are, though by how much you're not sure.

"When I heard that Brigette had been defeated, I expected to be mourning her," the young woman says quietly. "Instead I find her alive. Drinking more than ever, but alive. And I'm told I have you to thank."

"...Victoria?" you ask.

She nods. "My love is alive because of your compassion. She seems to think she deserved to die. Thank you, Brianna, for disagreeing."

> It was the right thing to do
> She still paid a heavy price
> What's next for you?
>>
>>44420121
>don't thank me yet
>ultimately, I didn't want to be someone who would kill that kind of person
>>
>>44420121
>> It was the right thing to do
>> She still paid a heavy price
>>
> What's next for you?
>>
vox can we pick every option here? they're not contradicting.

if we can't
>>
>>44420121
>> It was the right thing to do
>>

As that will set the tone for the conversation.
>>
>>44420121
> She still paid a heavy price
Would have liked her to get away free, but this is probably the best we could have done.

Also I think we should ask her about her lover's former collegues. Surely she heard something?
>>
>>44420121
>> She still paid a heavy price
>>
Called, writing final update of evening.
>>
File: Bri with Kat.png (262 KB, 905x897) Image search: [Google]
Bri with Kat.png
262 KB, 905x897
>>44420121
"It was the right thing to do," you say modestly. "She deserves a second chance. And I'm glad you're back to help make sure she gets it. She's...she's not been doing well."

"She told me about the festival."

You pause. "...I also have complicated feelings about the festival."

Victoria gives you a crooked smile. "Are you saying that because you think I'm angry?"

"I'm saying that because I don't know if /I/ am angry," you admit. "I don't know if I want to know more or not, either."

"Brigette's..." Victoria adjusts her glasses. "When I met her, she'd come to me in the infirmary. She knew the student paid to kill me - he was her lover, at the time. She was furious, not with me, but with him. She encouraged me to come forward and give the testimony that ultimately condemned him. She's always been passionate, and it's sad, in a way, that she doesn't see it. That energy, that drive, is so normal to her that she mistakes her dedication for negligence."

The scholar smiles down at the table. "She remembers the hours of research and thinks she's neglected me, not realizing how much fun I was having being there to help, or how much I love being part of something she's passionate about. She's been so absorbed in /this/ that I haven't had the chance to try to talk to her about it. I think maybe now's the time."

"Sounds like it," you agree, softly.

"Have you ever known someone like that? Someone whose passion is like a light that burns from them?"

Compulsively, you touch the hat on your head. "Yeah. Yeah, I have."

"I'll keep her safe, Brianna. Your efforts were not in vain." She sets something down on the table and leaves, looking...unburdened.

On the table is a carved, miniature lute, complete with strings. When you pluck them, it makes a sweet sound. It has a little pin on one side, so you can put it on your outfit.

> Wear it
> Pocket it
> Leave it
>>
>>44420554
>Wear it.
>>
Alright folks, that's it for tonight. I must use the sleep.

Thoughts and feelings thus far? As always, your critique & feedback is both welcome and appreciated; it helps me improve.

Thank you all for reading and participating!

Thread is not archived, but it shouldn't have issues surviving the night, I think.
>>
> Wear it. Pinned over the heart, in recognition of the spirit in which it was given, and as signifier that we hold no ill-will towards Victoria.
>>
>>44420554
>Wear it
>>
>>44420554
>> Wear it
>>44420597
night, Vox!
>>
>>44420554
>Talisman that shit
like, carve extra stuff along the lute body, if it needs to be from Bri's hands
>>
>>44420644
>>>44420554
>>Talisman that shit
>like, carve extra stuff along the lute body, if it needs to be from Bri's hands
>>
>Wear it

g'night vox.
>>
>>44420597
Excellent as always, though I'm still torn between spending more time in the interlude, hanging out with Bri's companions and other such matters, but also in-story needing to free the Baron's slaves as quickly as possible.

Do you have character sheets describing all of the various abilities (and how they work) of our intrepid heroes? I remember asking previously, but I didn't want to be rude or pushy.

And since the Atheneum is cleared, we should be able to learn more about the other layers of the Dungeon (another thing I'd hoped would have a pastebin or Google document for, but I understand that the good Lord Vox requires rest and time can be a limited resource).
>>
>>44420554
> Pocket it
>>
>>44420554
>Wear it
is it already enchanted?
Can we MAKE it enchanted?
>>
>>44420554

>she gave us the world's smallest violin
>I know lutes aren't violins, shut up
>>
>>44420597
Excellent times, but picking between whom to interact with is torturous.

I mean, we basically can have Cherry (and used to have Isoldt) up on Bri at all times; there is no travel time or anything else in-universe from just having a chat with them, only consideration for your writing times.
>>
I was going to suggest we say we gave Marsh the book to return to Kurt's Crossing at some point, but... Having an emergency exit to safe territory sounds really fucking helpful actually.
>>
Mornin' DLQ.

Votes called, writing.
>>
File: 1450495222846.jpg (75 KB, 454x623) Image search: [Google]
1450495222846.jpg
75 KB, 454x623
>>44420554
You pin the lute to your hat and feel a faint shudder of magic ripple through you.

<Protection from assholes> Victoria's voice murmurs coyly into your mind; you'd bet a recorded message, left with the enchantment. <The pin blocks mind control. Watch for illusions>

Huh. Handy.

It takes you a surprising amount of time to track River down; eventually you're directed to Split, where you learn she's purchased a modest home. It's one room and an outhouse, but it's /her/ one room and an outhouse, and she's obviously very proud of it. The house is clean, if not neat - herbs hang from the cieling, and the mismatched shelves are packed with a mixture of food, cooking implements, supplies, tomes, and necromantic paraphenelia.

The fuss she makes over having just one chair is pretty fucking adorable.

> Ask how she's feeling
> Ask how her training is going
> Update her on the Atheneum
>>
>>44422497
Do any of the wards prevent removing books from the Atheneum? We could return our overdue library book, and take one that nobody would miss ("A Lad's Guide to Snails"), or even one per person in case we get split up.
>>
>>44424094
Fuck, that trip was supposed to just be a one-off for a stupid joke.
>>
>>44424084
> Ask how she's feeling
She's family. Enquire on her well-being.
>>
>>44424084
> Ask how she's feeling
Social visitation!
>>
Alright folks, taking care of morning chores real quick. I'll be back.
>>
>>44424084
>Update her on the Atheneum
did interacting with cherry not get included in this?
>>
>>44424333
Vote was Cherry vs. River, River won. I guess we either got a babysitter or a coloring book for her.
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
File: 1438032603005.jpg (247 KB, 1011x851) Image search: [Google]
1438032603005.jpg
247 KB, 1011x851
>>44424084
River bustles through the one room while you watch, bemused, her ever-so-slightly flustered efforts to be a good hostess. Coffee is made, bread and butter set out, sugar bowl opened, stared at in horror, and re-filled.

Eventually you've got coffee and bread.

"House, huh?" you ask.

"Yeah," River agrees. "Split...Split needs someone outside of the problem to help. A lot of families got torn apart, by kidnapping or cowardice, and whether anyone likes it or not they've got to live with it now. Robert says I'm supposed to help."

"Robert's not wrong," you agree. "...You like the work?"

"It's a little hard to like," River admits. "But it's good work. It's needful, and it's good to know it's being done."

"Sounds about right," you agree. You lean forward and take a sip of your coffee. "I've been studying myself. Under a lich, on the third level. He works for the angel."

"Wow. And he's not crazy?"

"She un-crazied him, evidently. Which turned him into an undead uncle."

River snorts coffee out of her nose and sets her cup down in a hurry while her ears twitch in mirth and pain. You hand her a cloth and laugh.

> Listen, I found this ghost, and...I'm not sure I have time for her.
> I know you got to spend a lot of time with Fetch recently. Given thought to your own familiar?
> What's Robert been teaching you?
>>
>>44424932
Decision time whether we keep Cherry as our permanent last party member or try to doff her off to River?
>>
>>44424966
Well, not the former. Whether you keep Cherry is a potentially separate decision.
>>
>>44424932
>What's Robert been teaching you?
>>
>>44424932
More to the point, I'm not sure following us around as we bloodily put down the most disturbed and heinous individuals the dungeon has to offer is the best thing for her, psychologically.
>>
>>44424980
Welll it kinda looks like a step in that direction.
>>
>>44424932
>>
>>44425026
What I mean to say is, not handing her off to River is not the same decision as whether you keep her as the final slot of your party.

I'm still engaging in coffee here, bear with me.
>>
I am really against us giving Cherry to river.

Cherry is our responsibility, not Rivers. We can't just fob of her off. Besides, think of how traumatic ti would be for her to be abandoned by ANOTHER parental figure
>>
>>44424932
>What's Robert been teaching you?
>>
>>44424932
>>
>>44424932
>> Listen, I found this ghost, and...
>I think she needs other perspectives. Maybe other dead.
>>
>>44424932

As for Cherry, if we do let her go we should drop her off at the family crypt. She's going to have more aunt uncles and cousins around her than she'll know what to do with.
>>
>>44425082
Yeah... that's a bit of a problem there, innit. And it's not like River's end of things is any less traumatic, psychologically speaking. She's still clearing out the Lichyard, one zombie at a time. Dealing with Split's problem adds to the heap, same as her own necromancy studies.

Dunno if we want Cherry on top of that as well.

...and frankly, I'm not quite seeing River as ready for parenthood. :P

> I know you got to spend a lot of time with Fetch recently. Given thought to your own familiar?
Let's get her opinion on this by proxy. See what she thinks.
>>
>>44425197

Leaving her with the other ghosts of the family crypt seems like a good idea. Common ghostery.
>>
Called, writing.
>>
>>44425406

Nooooo...just too late!
>>
>>44425271
Post-mortem adoption. Probably the best way to make life beyond the veil seem welcoming and not scary.
>>
File: 37078.jpg (31 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
37078.jpg
31 KB, 550x343
>>44424932
"So what's Robert been teaching you?" you ask.

"I...am not entirely certain how to express it. Lots of stuff with spirits, with deathly energies in general. Different, I think, from yours - a lot less physical, a lot more mental and spiritual. Banishing ghosts, summoning them, un-binding the undead, a bit of demonology..."

"A bit of what," you say flatly.

"Just imps and stuff so far. Robert said it was a shame to let the local altar go to waste. You're giving me a look. What's the look for?"

You pinch the bridge of your nose. "Just be careful, River. Okay? The dead don't always remember what it's like to have been alive."

"Yes ma'am," River answers agreeably. "Bri...what's balefire?"

You let out a long breath and dig out your pipe. You pack the bowl and light it, gathering your thoughts. "Balefire's death-in-flame. You find it deep underground sometimes. It...kills people long after they're burned. Their bodies turn in on themselves, like Nathan's was, and they die in agony. It's also good for killing things that regenerate or are living, but inured against direct necromantic attack. It's very dangerous, and very cruel."

River's ears flatten against her head. "...Do you know it?"

"I refused to learn it," you tell her softly. "I didn't want that kind of power. Can't be tempted with it if I don't have it."

"Robert offered."

"You've gotta live with your own choices. Just remember who you want to be, River, and ask yourself if you can handle it well enough to still become that person. By the by, that flask came in handy. I stuck a demon in it."

"Oh!" River perks up. "What happened then?"

"I gave her to a smith, who's probably making up for her six year dry spell with great enthusiasm."

River grins wickedly. "I /bet/. You gonna stay over?"

"I could," you agree. "Don't even think about offering me your bed. It's your house and you should enjoy it. I'll sleep in a chair."

"...Alright sis. Thanks for checking in on me."
>>
File: 1437763021194.png (650 KB, 888x800) Image search: [Google]
1437763021194.png
650 KB, 888x800
>>44425609
Eventually you head off to sleep, with your feet up on the table and your hat over your eyes.

Lora's waiting, as usual.

"I'm sorry I can't be of more help finding another entrance into the Mine," she tells you, taking her cigar from her mouth. "I've been trying to find a loophole that would give you the solution but I can't seem to propose anything myself."

"Baron re-think his invulnerability?" you ask.

"No," Lora mutters. "That one's the Master. The fuck."

> What do you say?
>>
>>44425644
Where does the water come in for all the ore processing? They can trap that route all they want, but they can't make it explode or poison gas it if it risks permanently damaging their own water supply.

Heh....the Mine is set to replenish metal resources, right? Can it replenish "junk" ore/metals by transmuting them into other metals? Like say, lead, rust, glass(silicone)? Do transmuted talismans still work?
>>
>>44425644
>Does removing chains weakens the bindings on you or does it just distribute the power to other chain holders?
>>
>>44425609
...oh, good. Cancer rays are a thing we get to worry about now.
>>44425644
> Do you have any recommendations for a good book?
I don't know, seems like it's worth a shot. She got a lot of control over the Lichyard when that chain was broken, maybe there's something she can do with the library...?
>>
>>44425644
Can the shovel enchantment extend into The Mines? Hell, what about the fire enchantment, shut down those forges right quick.

Can we seriously dig into the mines from below, or take advantage of another teleport exploit? Maybe a pitfall in the Obstacle Course?
>>
>>44425782
>> Do you have any recommendations for a good book?
>I don't know, seems like it's worth a shot. She got a lot of control over the Lichyard when that chain was broken, maybe there's something she can do with the library...?

Definitely this. She did say she can't "propose anything myself". As in, she's trying to hint to you the loophole she's found, that she can respond to your proposals, she just can't create a new one. But we probably only get one chance at that before the loophole gets closed as the Master or another chain-bearer notices what we're up to. The Library gives us the widest net to cast; no matter what she wants to tell us, there's a book in there somewhere that will help. Brigette can help us find that book once we know which to look for, and can even help read it if it turns out to be written in Angelese or some such.
>>
Called, writing.
>>
File: 1450569894369.jpg (295 KB, 766x577) Image search: [Google]
1450569894369.jpg
295 KB, 766x577
>>44425644
"I've been wondering - does each chain loosen your binding, or -"

Lora holds a hand up. "Not that simple. Each chain is anchored in three ways - to its bearer, to me, and to a level of the Dungeon. By separating the power, they're more able to suit the individual needs of the bearers. But until this leash comes off, I am wholly bound. The death of each bearer lifts the individual restrictions placed upon me, but there's nothing stopping the Master from reinstating them, if he knows about them. What it does stop is me from using my power to suppress the laws in the parts of the Dungeon you've freed."

"Why hasn't he resumed those bindings?" you ask, curiously.

"He doesn't care if his subordinates die. Their job is to delay you, and me, long enough for him to finish his work."

"Which you can't tell me about," you hazard.

"Correct."

You give her a curious look and adjust your hat. "...Got any suggestions for a good book I can read in my spare time, Lora?"

The angel grins in savage triumph. "If I were a reader, I might suggest "The Ocean Below", by Tristran Quill. It's a very informative, firsthand account of traveling by river through the Dungeon."

There's a low rumble that shakes the room, and Lora laughs.

"What's happening?" you ask.

"Iron," Lora hisses in triumph. "Cold iron."

Rusty blades manifest in the air around the angel and run her through; you can hear her laughing through the screams.

Finding the book is easy enough. It suggests a route, from the Lichyard, that will take you to the Mine and New Hell by river. You'll need a hell of a boat, though. Kells has some ideas on the matter, and begins working with Slaughter and the town of Glen on getting your vessel prepared.

Something has to be done about Cherry.

> Ask her to stay with your family for awhile
> Take her with you into the Mine
>>
>>44426953
>Ask her to stay with your family for awhile
>>
>>
>>44426953
She might not be happy with that, but we aren't leaving her /alone/ at least, and she definitely shouldn't see the sorts of things that are likely to happen in the Mine.
>>
>>44426953
>> Ask her to stay with your family for awhile
>>
>>44426953
poor, ghosty daughteru
>>
>>44426953
I wonder if there's anything we can leave with her, like a doll or a keepsake or something...assuming, of course, that that won't seem too much like something to remember us by while we leave forever.
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
>>44426953
Just emphasise that we WILL be back.
>>
File: 1450777015982.jpg (58 KB, 736x1039) Image search: [Google]
1450777015982.jpg
58 KB, 736x1039
>>44426953
"So Cherry," you tell the lantern, early one morning while you're eating your (accursedly cold, fucking library) breakfast. "What if I told you that I came with more relatives?"

"Daddy said extended family is a bunch of nosy fucks who should mind their own fucking business," Cherry quotes, primly.

"Cherry, you know those are grown-up words," you scold.

"But -"

"We also talked about quoting your daddy."

"But I'll never grow up!"

"You can grow up when you're dead," you remind her, for the tenth time.

"I'm /already/ dead."

"When you're properly dead," you say, with finality. "Anyway, I have to go below soon. And I can't take you with me - it's going to be dangerous, and bad, and you don't need to see any of that."

"...Like the ambush?" Cherry asks in a small voice.

"Worse," you say solemnly. "So I want to take you to meet my family and see if you might like to live with them for a little while. I have important work to do, to help people, and I don't want to leave you alone."

Cherry sniffs. "...Are they fun?"

"You have /no idea/ how much fun."
>>
File: Lichyard.jpg (12 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
Lichyard.jpg
12 KB, 301x168
>>44428413
The trip through the Lichyard is fairly uneventful - River's been doing a good job, and keeping busy - and in little time you make it to the family shrine. You're invited inside the open gates and greeted warmly by the novice assigned to watch them, then ushered into the graveyard.

You set Cherry's lantern down on the ground and tap it with your cane. She emerges shyly, and folds her hands in front of her lap.

> Everyone, this is Cherry. Come on out.
> Honored ancestors, this is Cherry la Croix, my adopted daughter.
> Cherry, will you say hello?
>>
>>44428457
>Honored ancestors this is Cherry la Croix, my adopted daughter
>>
>>44428457
>> Everyone, this is Cherry. Come on out.
>>
>>44428457
>> Cherry, will you say hello?
Let's see how the family greets her before calling her a La Croix.
>>
>>44428457
>>
>>44428457
She's not our daughter and we're going to HAVE to send her on her way at some point.
>>
>>44428457
> Everyone, this is Cherry. She's adopted me as her mother.
Might as well get the score right – I have no doubt that the la Croix will accept this as much as the other, and expect it might even engender more sympathy.
>>
File: HiVoxImissu.png (13 KB, 1902x2067) Image search: [Google]
HiVoxImissu.png
13 KB, 1902x2067
>>44428457
>Everyone, this is Cherry. Come on out
>>
>>44428457
> Cherry, will you say hello?
>>
>>44428457
>> Everyone, this is Cherry. Come on out.
>>
>>44428457
>>

Going with this one as well. Good declaration of how things went down.
>>
>>
>>44428457
>Everyone, this is Cherry. She's adopted me as her mother.
>>
>>44428457
>>44428832
Heh.
>>
>>44428457
I rather like>>44428927
>>
>>44428961
Greentext helps Vox count votes.
>>
>>44429047
>>44428457
Fine then I
>vote
For
>>44428927
>>
>>44428457
Imma second >>44428927
>>Everyone, this is Cherry. She's adopted me as her mother.
>>
>>44428457
>Everyone, this is Cherry. She's adopted me as her mother.
>>
File: Scrapheap Princess.jpg (995 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Scrapheap Princess.jpg
995 KB, 1920x1080
Called, writing.

Freezing rain storm at my house is making my internet get fucked, please bear with me.
>>
>>44429255
...should we be concerned that this picture looks sort of like, I don't know, an angry poltergeist?
>>
>>44429629
no thats our next love interest friend we're gonna make.
>>
File: 1443438747071.jpg (247 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
1443438747071.jpg
247 KB, 600x775
>>44428457
You clear your throat. "Everyone, this is Cherry. She's adopted me as her mother."

The ghosts pull themselves from their graves into a...reasonably warm...gathering.

"Little thing, isn't she?" the Rose cultist says sadly.

"Got into your phylactery, huh?" the older woman asks.

"SWEET GODS ANOTHER KID!"

This last voice pushes her way through the crowd and hits Cherry with a flying hug that sends them both into a misty tumble. The little girl - in a tattered dress and with a distinct hole just under her heart - pins Cherry against nothing and grins. "You look great! Hardly dead at all. What got you, bad nut?"

You stare at the kid, then back at your family members. "Who the fuck ran this girl through?"

One of them sighs and points at the iron spikes at the top of the wall, then to the trees inside that tower over them.

"...Oh."

"I'm Susie! You're Cherry?"

Cherry gives you a helpless look.

> Well? Don't be rude.
> Susie, Cherry's a little shy.
> Told you they were fun.
>>
>>44429966
> Well? Don't be rude.
>>
>>44429966
>iron spikes at the top of the wall, then to the trees inside that tower over them.
:-(

>> Susie, Cherry's a little shy.
>>
>>44429966
>>
>>44429966
>> Told you they were fun.
>>
>>44429966
>>
>>44429966
>> Susie, Cherry's a little shy.
>>
>> Told you they were fun.
>>
Called, writing.
>>
TFW real life eats me.

now writing.
>>
File: ....jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>44431914
>>
File: 1447650638349.png (62 KB, 297x173) Image search: [Google]
1447650638349.png
62 KB, 297x173
>>44429966
"Susie," you say gently, "Cherry's a little shy. She's not used to having a family."

"Aww, but that's /easy/," Susie complains. She ruffles Cherry's hair and then stands up - still on thin fucking air - and offers a hand out, which Cherry takes gratefully. "Can she stay and play? Can she can she?"

"We'll take good care of her," the Rose cultist adds.

"It'll be nice to have a new audience for our stories," the older woman muses.

Cherry gives you a wide-eyed look, still uncertain. "Is it really okay?"

"Cherry, honey, it's not like I won't be back. Even if I die I'll just end up right back here. It's the closest family plot."

"Oh. Right," the little ghost says, nodding sagely. "And I'll be okay?"

"Duh," Susie interrupts. "What are we gonna do, kill you /again/?"

"...No?" Cherry offers. She runs and gives you a tight hug. "Promise you'll come back, Mommy."

"I promise," you murmur. "I'll be back, one way or the other."

"C'mon," Susie says excitedly. "Wanna see where I /died/? It's still all rusty and stuff!"

Cherry gives Susie a helpless look and is lead off at high speeds.

> Smash the phylactery
> Leave it
>>
>>44432086
wait, what does smashing it do? Sorr,y if its obvious, I'm a little sick and not thinking clearly
>>
>>44432086
> Discuss the issue of the phylactery with the adult ghosts.

We definitely will need to smash it at some point, but I don't think we've had nearly enough exposition revealed about that situation yet, to be able to determine if this is the right time to do so.
>>
>>44432086
wasn't her unfulfilled wish to have a family?
If we smash it now will she near immediately die since we just brought her into our family?
>>
>>44432126
It means she can't continue to inhabit it and will begin her journey towards true death, even if it ultimately takes centuries. As long as it persists, she can't move on - or, rather, she could, but she probably won't, because she's afraid to die.
>>
>>44432086
>Leave it
>>44432126
It would mean that she'd basically disappear after a while and that we wuldn't be able to get her to come with us in the future
>>
>>44432135
okay, thanks Vox!
>>44432086
>> Smash the phylactery
>>
>>44432127
Also, I'm thinking maybe Cherry should have some say in the matter. Maybe have the ghosts work on helping her understand the implications, so that she can make an informed decision of when she's ready?
>>
>>44432086
> Smash the phylactery
It feels a little mean, but... death is for the dead. Let the poor girl have her afterlife, with family beside her.
>>
>>44432086
>Smash the phylactery
She needs to rest sometime, might as well start her journey now.
>>
>>44432135
If there's no other strings attached, then I guess we go with:

>>44432086
>> Smash the phylactery
>>
>>44432086
>Leave it

Give Cherry some time.
>>
>>44432086
> Leave it, for now.
>>
>>44417008
Probably too late to post in this thread, but I'm gonna go trawl the archives now based on this first post alone.
>>
>>44432086
> Don’t smash it.
>>
Called, writing.

>>44432275
I'm flattered! The, ah, the threads move kinda fast. Hopefully I can see ya votin' soon though!
>>
>> Smash the phylactery
>>
>>44432086
I just got back. Too late to vote, but the phylactery would allow the adult ghosts to come with, if any of them felt like it. Only one at a time obviously.
>>
So wait was it a tie?

Smash
>>44432226
>>44432195
>>44432184
>>44432167
Don't smash
>>44432147
>>44432243
>>44432258
>>44432279

If we need a tiebreaker I'm voting don't smash it
>>
>>44432378
I ended up counting "discuss it" as "don't smash it".
>>
>>44432378
If there needed to be a tie breaker I'd imagine>>44432303
would be it.
>>
>>44432368
I *think* it's sort of bound to Cherry right now? Or is that only while she's inhabiting it?
>>
File: 1440507888862.png (612 KB, 900x1040) Image search: [Google]
1440507888862.png
612 KB, 900x1040
>>44432086
You pack and light your pipe; the adult ghosts wait, patiently, for which you are grateful. You gather your thoughts for a moment and then offer the lantern out.

"Cherry's been living in what was supposed to be my phylactery," you tell them. "I'm going to leave it here. While she probably won't move on while it's intact, I don't think she's ready to take that step. She'd see it as a betrayal, and the loss might drive her mad with sorrow."

"We understand," the older woman tells you. She takes the lantern and sets it, carefully, on the mournstone. "We know our duty."

"I appreciate it," you tell her solemnly. "...She never had the chance to be a kid while she was alive. At least she can have it while she's dead."

The ship is under construction. One-way only (it can't fight the current), but from what you understand it'll take you down the river with a minimum of drowning to death, though you're probably going to use ghost breath to protect yourself and your companions anyway.

> It needs a name

You have a comission available from Harry.

> Spend it on yourself
> Spend it on Nate
> Spend it on Amy
> Spend it on River
> Spend it on Fetch
> Save it

In your time learning with the Caretaker you've had to focus your studies on a few tricks. You've refined your ability to harvest and store death, as well as learned the art of bone shaping. You also learned:

> Rot
> Darkness
>>
>>44432522
Ship name

> A time for Lilies

Mostly because they're funeral flowers, that float on water.

re: Commission

>> Save it

And learn

> Rot

Fuck darkness.
>>
>>44432522

>Outrigger Mortis

>Spend it on Fetch

>Rot
>>
>>44432522
> It needs a name.
The Swan Song
> Spend it on Nate
> Darkness
>>
>>44432522
>Lora

>Spend it on yourself

>Darkness
>>
>>44432522

Name: How big is it? How about
> Le Petit Mort
>>
> Smash the phylactery

No use for that where we're going.
It's not like we're gonna use it ourselves by this point and I don't really see any of the other ghosts wanting to come along in an advisory fashion. Bri can get their expertise during interludes if need be.
>>
>>44432522
>SS Threeway
>Save it
>Darkness
>>
>>44432522

> Spend it on yourself

> Darkness
>>
>>44432522
> Name it "Nostalgia for Infinity"
>Save the commission, since we're about to liberate an area full of material to use for it
>Darkness
>>
>>44432522
>Keel Croc/ Croc Keel

>> Spend it on Fetch

> Darkness
>>
>>44432522
> Skullfucker
> No strong preference
> Darkness
>>
>SS Threeway
>Save it
>Darkness
>>
>>44432522
Name:
>>44432590
> The Swan Song
Someone has to vote for someone else's, and I rather like the thematics here, especially considering it's only going one way.

> Spend it on Fetch
Let's get us some shining armor for our handsome knight.

> Darkness
Offense is cool, but A) we're a caster in a party fully of fighters and a DPS thief. We need crowd control more than we need damage. And B) we're about to go through a place where stealth sounds like it'll help us more than offense.
>>
>>44432522
>Ship name: Out of the proposal so far I'd prefer Outrigger Mortis or Swan Song. I don't have any ideas myself.

> Save the comission

What is Rot, what is Darkness?
>>
>>44432660
This one is me but I have to say I love these two

>>44432590
>The Swan Song
>>44432613
> Le Petit Mort
>>
>>44432755
> What is Rot, what is Darkness?
Intentionally vague, I think.
>>
>>44432522
I'm not sure on the name, but;
>Spend it on Fetch.
Our valiant and daring Knight deserves arms and armor befitting his station.
>Darkness
Stealth is going to be a biggie in the Mine, for the simple reason that any kind of harm we inflict on the Baron or his goons gets redirected to the slaves. Which we really do not want.
>>
>>44432812

I'm imagining that rot will be utilitarian, personally. Rotting away a lock's mechanism's, or perhaps, even, a spell's energy.
>>
>>44432790
They're both probably meant to cripple, but in different ways. A hand dropping off from sudden gangrene as opposed to instant blindness caused by cataracts.
>>
>>44432831
True, but wouldn't something like that be called Rust or Erosion instead? I usually assume that anything necromantic relates to a still living or now dead object, not something that never was.
>>
>>44432891

Wood, then, around the lock in the door. I very much imagine magic to be "alive," though, and based on the energy of life - especially the magic holding the slaves to the baron.

If we can learn how to do that kind of thing, then ghost around severing his connections without hhim realizing it, we can just drop a house on him and be on our way.
>>
I just realized that a paralytic poison might be our best bet here. If we can just disable him, we can get the chain off of him, and then Lora can sever the connections and do the rest of the work.

It'll be dangerous for any slaves who are in the middle of, for instance, taking a bath, or climbing ladders, but it may be our best option.
>>
>>44432937
>, then ghost around
wouldn't that fit darkness more? I mean, darkness would generally lean more towards sneaky things. And if you want to extrapolate like you have on rot, then darkness could possibly blind him to us severing the connections via more mundane means?
>>
>>44432984
Pretty sure a paralytic poison would paralyze the slaves and /not him/, so I can't see the advantage there.
>>
>>44432831
Hard to say. If we can read the death off an object, I'd say there's a decent chance we could damage objects.

>>44432984
Except the slave takes the effect instead of, not in addition to, right? Sleep might work, assuming there's no risk of, say, sudden deadly side-effects. I'm assuming the overseers still sleep, anyway...
>>
Vote called, tallying, writing.
>>
>>44433022
>>44432984
So question: If you did something that is absolutely lethal, like dunked this guy into a fucking volcano or dropped a mountain on him, would he die immediately, would all the slaves simultaneously get crushed into pancakes, or would they each go splat one at a time as he entered god mode?

We should find out for science
>>
>>44433083
That kind of thinking leads to zombie armies, anon.
>>
>>44433096
... now theres a thought. What would happen if we put the pain transfer magic/collars/whatevers onto zombies? they can't really feel pain or 'die' so would that be relative immunity?
>>
>>44433083
>We should find out for science
Your local Institutional Review Board would like to have a word with you. Something about scientific ethics violations.
>>
>>44433142
I think the way the collars work is by transferring *death*, not *injury*. Injury might be wizard stuff, but this is necromancy/Death Choir stuff. I don't know whether something that's already dead is any good at soaking death...or maybe they'd be *really* good, and this whole system is about hostages and not invulnerability.

I am very interested in seeing if we can reverse the polarity on these collars, but I figure even if we can it'd be as likely to get shunted onto another slave.
>>
>>44433096
Since volcanoes are very very hot and destroy everything you throw into them, I'm pretty sure that it would NOT lead to zombies.
>>
File: 1450044258815.jpg (68 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
1450044258815.jpg
68 KB, 500x748
>>44432522
After some deliberation, you name the ship /Swan Song/. It does, after all, only go one way - like mortals, it is condemned to die.

Or at least get parked somewhere and hauled up a shitload of stairs when it's needed again, but no one said you were a poet.

You decide to save the comission from Harry, reasoning that you'll have additional materials to work with once you liberate the Mine.

"Remember, the darkness of death is not about sightlessness; it is about the certainty that there is no world to see. It is about the solemn silence of the graveyard or the temple, and the hush that swallows a death rattle into the mournful lands."

"I understand," you murmur.

"Good," the lich tells you. "Blind me."

You quirk an eyebrow and pinch out the witchflames in his eye sockets.

"...I am impressed, but you are still a cheeky little shit."

"I try, teacher."

On literally everyone's suggestion - Nate and Amy, Brigette, even Lora of all fucking people - you are taking one last personal day before you journey downriver into the Mine.

> Throw a party. Invite your friends. Dance the night away and wake up with regrets, as is traditional for adventure.
> Have a day with Nathan and Amy.
> Spend the day to yourself.
> Spend the day with someone else (who?)
>>
>>44433410
> Throw a party. Invite your friends. Dance the night away and wake up with regrets, as is traditional for adventure.
This idea is terrible and I love it.
>>
Make sure to include a horizontal tango, given we're officially dating now. Or nearly. And Bri REALLY needs to get laid.
>>
>>44433410

>>
>>44433410
>> "...I am impressed, but you are still a cheeky little shit."
Cheeky little shit is my favorite archetype.
>> Throw a party. Invite your friends. Dance the night away and wake up with regrets, as is traditional for adventure.
Make sure errybody is on the same page about booze and the horizontal tango.
>>
>>44433410
>> Throw a party. Invite your friends. Dance the night away and wake up with regrets, as is traditional for adventure.
force Bridgette and Victoria to come.
>>
>>44433410
Bridget cut it short last time, I call for a REDO
>>
>>44433410
>Throw a party. Invite your friends. Dance the night away and wake up with regrets, as is traditional for adventure.
>>
>>44433534
I think Bridgy is bound to the third level of the dungeon, like, sort of eternally. So this should read:
> Ask Lora to force her to come
>>
>>44433655
Eternally until Lora decides to be nice. We could always throw it there.
>>
>>44433676
Actually, the Atheneum is sort of self-cleaning, isn't it? Not sure how Lora would feel about that, of course.
>>
>>44433410
>> Spend the day to yourself.

Jamesons, baths, and masturbation. We will curse anyone who disturbs us to death.
>>
>>44433410
>Throw a party. Invite your friends. Dance the night away and wake up with regrets, as is traditional for adventure.

In the Auditorium, where Brigette's life and Victoria's love was lost and then won again, and where our victories took place.
>>
>>44433410
>more chickens and critters
it's been a while since Fetch got some screentime, and we need to upgrade his authority
>>
>invite lora
>>
Called, writing. Seems fairly unanimous.

This will be the final scene of the interlude, after which I'm taking a two hour break.

I ain't writing lewds tonight, if at all. Anon is free to attempt such if they like; I'd be quite flattered.
>>
>>44434154
>Anon
>implying I can write for shit
>>
File: 1446056335018.jpg (48 KB, 224x257) Image search: [Google]
1446056335018.jpg
48 KB, 224x257
>>44434211
I can dream of attracting writefags.

I CAN DREAM!
>>
File: 1449888175415.png (73 KB, 258x269) Image search: [Google]
1449888175415.png
73 KB, 258x269
>>44433410
"I want to make this absolutely clear to both of you before tonight starts," you say to Amy and Nathan; the three of you are scrubbed up and feeling classy, having been spared the work of setting up the party by Victoria (and, oddly, Fetch) eagerly volunteering to do so. "Assuming the both of you are willing, I would like to wake up in the morning hung over, tired, somewhat sore, and thoroughly fucked."

Nathan coughs. "I. Ah. I may be able to provide that service. Though I've never...I mean, three people -"

"I've done it," Amy interjects casually. Nathan gives her an incredulous look; yours is more along the lines of 'finally, a challenge'. "Shall we?"

The Auditorium has been decorated in bursting colors; paper lanterns, glowing without flame, float through the room and give it a cheery air. River scared up a band from Split, and they play an energetic tune on one side of the stage.

"Yoink," is all the warning you get before Amy pulls you off of your feet and into a whirling dance that's more flight than movement, laughing the entire way.

River gives Nathan a playful bow and takes his hands to dance. You catch a glimpse of Slaughter talking to Brigette and Victoria; all three women have the excited look of people planning something important.

"Hey Ames," you call, as you're flipped through the air. Amy catches you and sets you on the ground. "We never returned that book!"

"Hahaha, gods, we're so fucked," Amy giggles. "I'll ask River to, when we're done dancing."

Nathan takes the next dance, then pairs off with Amy when you say you'd like to get a drink. You down some water first - hangovers are a /bitch/ - and then a shot of whiskey, and notice that the lamia writer is here, shyly swaying to the beat off to the side of the stage.

> Enjoy the party (advance the scene)
> Talk to the lamia
> Talk to Slaughter, Brigette, & Victoria
> Check in with Fetch
> Play chess with River
>>
> Talk to the lamia
I feel this was a missed opportunity. Slaughter, Brige and Vic are tempting.
>>
File: prepare yourself.png (310 KB, 882x743) Image search: [Google]
prepare yourself.png
310 KB, 882x743
>>44434261

"...Fetch, if I asked you to manage my purse and accounting, and run my estate and lands, would that be fair to you?"

"I - what?" the chicken asks, in confusion.

"If I asked you to work a fiery forge, making silver ingots for my arts?" you press.

"I could not do such a thing, my lady," he admits.

"If I asked you to attend to my... personal needs?" you ask, admittedly not entirely rhetorically.

"O queen, I've never done such a thing. But if you were to will it, I would I am, after all, nothing more than a cock in your service."

"..."

"Come, Sir Knight. The house will be empty for some time yet."
>>
>>44434514
>Talk to the lamia
>>
>>44434575

I knew the pun was coming, and yet I still laughed.
>>
>>44434514
>> Talk to the lamia
I'm _hoping_ Slaughter, Brigette and Victoria are planning some kind of surprise. I do hope we catch up with Slaughter at some point, it feels like a long time since she's had any lines...
>>44434575
You glorious motherfucker.
>>
>>44434514
>Talk to the lamia
If what the girls are planning is important, we'll probably hear about it tomorrow.
>>
>>44434575
I have only myself to blame for this.

Comcast got me. Bear with me.
>>
>>44434746
>Comcast
COOOOOOMCAAAAAAAAAASSST
I feel your pain, brother
>>
>>44434514
>> Talk to the lamia

/tg/ seems obsessed with lamias.

Not that I'm complaining
>>
>>44434514
>Enjoy the party (advance the scene)
>>
File: bear.jpg (62 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
62 KB, 625x469
>>44434746
>Bear with me.
>>
File: aboutdamntime.jpg (62 KB, 554x332) Image search: [Google]
aboutdamntime.jpg
62 KB, 554x332
>>44434746
You are Brianna La Croix, once named tall, dark and undead. And you can't believe what you're about to do.

"It's been a long time for me," you confess, eyeing the glorious beast that is your partner lying on the bed in front of you.

Silently, his eyes burn with passion. You burn for him to touch you, to hold you, to give you the attention you've longed for for so long.

You slip out of the last of your clothes, and let them pile at your feat. You crawl forward onto a soft bed. (Gods, how long have you just wanted a real bed of your own?)

"Gararargh," says Sir Bearington has your lips touch his.
>>
File: This is lewd.png (53 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
This is lewd.png
53 KB, 625x626
>>44435008
>>
You can only blame yoursself for this, Vox.
>>
File: 06cWsxR.gif (719 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
06cWsxR.gif
719 KB, 500x322
>>44434812
>>44435008
>>44435023
Pic related.

Votes called, writing.
>>
>>44434575
>>44435008
Replace Mr. Bearington with Fetch and you got a continuous story here.
>>
>>44435153
But then we wouldn't be bearing with anything!
>>
>>44435184
Lora is forced to watch
>>
File: Bri Passes Out While Writing.png (843 KB, 1275x768) Image search: [Google]
Bri Passes Out While Writing.png
843 KB, 1275x768
>>44434514
You pour an actual glass with a mix of something that's more intuition than actual recipes (being raised by alchoholics and drink snobs has its advantages) and take sip. It tastes the way getting hit by electricity /feels/, and tingles on the way down.

Aww yeah. You are now qualified to talk to professional writers.

The lamia beams when you approach and moves to you in a sinuous motion; she shakes your free hand eagerly. "I'm glad I caught you sober!" She looks at the glass in your hand. "...That's not gonna last long, is it?"

"Hangovers are an adventuring tradition I've been neglecting," you admit. "I never caught your name."

She coughs. "It's kinda stupid."

"Never met someone named Kinda Stupid," you tell her.

"It's Serpentia, okay?"

"...Wow, that is kinda stupid. What'd you do to your parents?"

"Mom says I ruined her career as a courtesean," the lamia mutters. "Anyway, most people call me Scribbles, and I kinda prefer it. So I guess that's my name."

"Nice to meet you again, Scribbles," you say warmly, before taking another sip of liquid prophecy-of-regret. "Didn't expect to see you here, not that I object. Victoria invite you?"

"Yeah," she says, with a nod. "She caught me on her way back down into the Dungeon and said it was safe to return to the Atheneum, so I came. I've been volunteering with maintaining the place and researching more on the Dungeon itself, though finding the lore's a bit tricky. It's like someone hid all the books, and a ton of the ones that look like they might be on the Dungeon are written in this weird language only Brigette speaks."

"I bet," you nod.

"Speaking of books - I know you're about to be busy, but. Do you think, after, I could do an interview with you? /No one/ has been chronicling your struggles in the Dungeon! No one, can you believe that? You've been involved in momentous events on three whole floors! Please, let me be the one to tell your story!"

> Sure
> Nah
> ...What's it worth to you?
>>
>>44435295
>Sure! It'll be nice to have a story with a heroic necromancer
>>
>>44435295
> ...What's it worth to you?
Not as is require it of her, but at least find out about it to judge her desire.
>>
>no-one is chronicling Bri's story
>Vox is chronicling Bri's story
>Vox is Scribbles

Wow. Undead prostitute naga.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.