[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #635: Looking For Heroes Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: JumpchainCYOA.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JumpchainCYOA.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44398577
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 768x431
QUEST OF GLORY (24)
--LOCATION--
Barony Of Spielburg
--BACKGROUND--
Magic User
Male, 24yo
--PERKS--
•Magic Spark
•Magic Training (900cp)
•Magic Training (800cp)
•Clever (700cp)
•Clever (600cp)
•Spell Sense (300cp)
--ITEMS--
•Basic Gear
•Heroing Gear
•Money
•Long Dagger
•Replenishing Health Potion (250cp)
•Complete Starter Spellbook (150cp)
--COMPANION--
•Cassie [400cp] (0cp)
-Magic User, F, 13yo
-Magic Spark
-Magic Training [300cp]
-Magic Training [200cp]
-Clever [100cp]
-[ITEM] Basic Gear
-[ITEM] Heroing Gear
-[ITEM] Money
-[ITEM] Long Dagger
-[ITEM] Replenishing Health Pot [50cp]
-[ITEM] Replenishing Stamina Pot x 2 [0cp]

ADVENTURE! I have no idea what this world is. All I know is that I have a young ward that I promised to give her adventure. She's a smart girl, and I wanted her to use her brains as well as brawn. We figure out that it was some witch named Baba Yaga and her feud with the local Baron. Below my concern, we set out and explored the world. Killing anything that comes across our path that gives us the slightest bit of hostility. It was fun times, we eventually became Archmages the both of us. Good for when we're in applicable moods.
>>
File: Kill'em All Johnny.png (51 KB, 266x295) Image search: [Google]
Kill'em All Johnny.png
51 KB, 266x295
>>44416685
The one they deserve, etc.
>>
File: hugs.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
hugs.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>44416685
Tell me about that time you showed a character some real sympathy. Bonus points if they were trying to murder you.
>>
>>44416685
I NEED A HERO
I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO TIL THE END OF THE NIGHT
GOTTA BE STRONG AND GOTTA BE FAST AND GOTTA BE FRESH FROM THE FIGHT
>>
File: QfGI_Jumpchain_acheld_v1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
QfGI_Jumpchain_acheld_v1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44416712
Thanks for sharing! With what you picked, you definitely won't have problems completely mastering the magic system of the world in the ten years you are here. Building bridges with the archmagi of the world could net you some extra secrets, but isn't strictly necessary.

And, shamelessly, I include again for this thread the pdf for the jump.
>>
>>44416820
I love you for making this Jump, I played the shit outa this game when i was younger.
>>
>>44416727
In fate/zero when I got through fighting kotomine I let him live because I know what's it's like
>>
>>44416850
I'm happy for any joy it brings :) My request in return is that you share your build, if you have not already.
>>
>>44416727
I was sailing the high seas as usual, early in my pirating career (One Piece). I came across a marine ship, and when they shot my ass, I sliced their ship in half with a barrier. Then me and my crew entered the wreckage to see if there was anything worth salvaging. We killed anyone who stood against us and let the people who surrendered live. Then we met the captain, no one special, except he begged us not to kill him, and instead to give him and his crew a way to get home. I was almost tempted to murder them all and just fly under the radar, but my First Mate helped me decide against it, one of my crew built a ship (I used my barriers to make a platform for him to work from, we anchored down for about half a day for this) large enough for their now much smaller crew, and sent them on their way. We only did it on the condition that we not be mentioned to headquarters, and claim a storm did this and the ship was built by their hand.
>>
File: China.jpg (320 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
China.jpg
320 KB, 675x1000
>>44416727
This was about six years or so into the Wuxia jump where I had taken the Dishonor to the school drawback. By this point in time the ex-student had clashed with me multiple times, coming to a draw each time. I wasn't attempting to chase them, or initially inclined to care much about them beyond fending them off. Meanwhile the rest of the school was pursuing them. So cut to a rather rainy night in China, and I'm just coming off a bridge looking for a ninja free place to rest. I see something lurch forward sluggishly out of the rain, and prepare myself for another ninja only to find a rather beaten down and out of sorts rogue student.

They prep to have a go at me, but to be perfectly honest the thought hadn't crossed my mind. Having taken Ranma prior to this I knew what it felt like to have people constantly hounding you without a moment's peace. Your gif relevant, but the bread is needles aimed for pressure points. I asked if she wanted to get out of the rain and have some ramen, my treat. She nodded, and I paid up along with her inn fees. Before you ask, yes the ninjas ruined the moment. She didn't seem to mind, with someone beating up another on her behalf being novel after over half a decade. I dressed her wounds, and we parted ways afterwards.

From that point onwards, our clashes happened a little less often and a little less intensely. Pic semi-related, I just don't have feels or wuxia content on me right now.
>>
In LOSS if you pick Dragon are you a Purple Dragon so you can learn other elements, or can you just learn them even if you aren't purple? I don't much mind either way, just want to know what color dragon I can be.
>>
File: 1451201647058 (1).jpg (141 KB, 923x865) Image search: [Google]
1451201647058 (1).jpg
141 KB, 923x865
Hey jumpers, have you ever invented your own language?
>>
>>44415477
>No other psychic character has been as powerful
Fucking Olympia man,
>>
>>44417263
A vastly improved programming language, once.
>>
>>44417308
Is she as strong as miss, "I can turn people into dolls, create a psychic clone of myself and teleport several miles away instantaneously," Sabrina?
>>
>>44417063
tell me you made the rival your companion, because christ on a pogo stick that's heartwarming
>>
>>44417263

Yes
>>
>>44417393
She makes those platforms follow that ball through cosmic manipulation. The second you enter her gym, things go wacky as fuck and stay that way. She teleports you to the entrance of the gym after the battle.
>>
>>44417595
Wasn't it established last thread that it was all special effects?
>>
>>44417595
oh jesus christ not this again
IT'S
SPECIAL
EFFECTS
IT'S FAKE AS ALL FUCK
ALL OF FRANCE REGION IS FAKE AS FUCK
>>
>>44417639
Should've let Ylvetal destroy it honestly.
>>
File: FAKER.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FAKER.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>44417639
>ALL OF FRANCE REGION IS FAKE AS FUCK
>>
>>44417595
Uh, even if it wasn't fake... isn't that just telekinesis and illusions?
>>
>Quest for Glory - 475
Background: Thief
Drawbacks: Monster Mash (+100), Heroic Plotline (+200), Heroic Style (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,400 CP

Perks:
-Lockpicking (Free)
-Subtle Sense
-Magic Spark
-Companion Import x3 (50 CP upgrade applied to first two)

Items & New Companions:
-Basic Gear (Free)
-Heroing Outfit (Free)
-Leather Armor (Free)
-Small Sword (Free)
-3x Throwing Dagger (Free)
-Dryad of the Woods
-Erana’s Tree

For ten years, I must experience the most suffering.
Not from the night and day being full of wandering monsters.
Nor the fulfilment of prophecies.
Neither the saving of civilian lives, nor the thwarting of an evil witch's plans.

No.
For ten years, my suffering is more absolute.

For ten years...

I HAVE.
TO WEAR.
>PANTS<
>>
>>44417976
I'm sorry; drawbacks *are* about suffering, after all. There's definitely comfort-based magic in the world, and I think those pants are fairly baggy.

Anyway, fun times! Can I ask what your imports are taking?
>>
File: [MENACING Esdeath].gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
[MENACING Esdeath].gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>44417976
>he doesn't wear pants
>>
Is it safe to say that if you Jump the Princess Bride for unbreakable willpower, Warhammer 40k for Archmagus tech knowledge, the Black City for pre-heresy tech, and Red Dwarf for space pilot test training, then go the Techpriest path in Light of Terra to get all dem servo skulls, you'll clear that part 1 of the Jump without any problem?

At what point can you safely say you'll clear LoT without breaking the Deadlight?
>>
>>44417397
She is currently taking up my only pod, yes. Jump after that was Santa, where she got to de-stress from her decade of being on the run, and relax at the north pole practicing her martial arts while being infected with the holiday spirit. The elves are like therapy animals. She even had a good time squaring off against the king of Halloween and the boogeyman.
>>
File: Mandalorian_Armors.jpg (139 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
Mandalorian_Armors.jpg
139 KB, 1000x850
For that anon in the last thread asking about ways of defeating lightsabers: try out Mandalorian Iron.

It's one of the few materials in the Star Wars universe that heavily resist lightsaber damage, and once you steal the recipe, you can make projectiles out of it. A slugthrower spitting Mandalorian Iron bullets is a great start to an anti-force user weapon, but it would truly shine as a mass driver bolt. Even with the force, an adept can only move their body so fast.

While on Mandalore, I'd recommend picking up some blueprints for their capitol ships and starfighters too, all of them are pretty nifty.
>>
>>44418128
Aren't slug rounds good against Jedi since Lightsabers wouldn't deflect them and would mainly turn it into heated slag before hitting the jedi? or am I wrong?
>>
>>44418194
No? Slugs have been proven to be vaporized when it hits a Lightsaber. They can't just bounce it back at you.
>>
>>44418215
Ah ok my mistake.
>>
>>44417609
>>44417639
Can you provide a source saying it was fake?

>>44417885
Telekinesis. That lets you manipulate gravity. Yeeeaah.

True, it could be illusions, but then, couldn't the same be said for Sabrina?
>>
>>44418235
You want sonic guns. They can't defend against that. Also grenades, traps, smoke bombs, mines, poison gas, sniping.

HK was a Jedi killer, you should follow his advice. It's not too hard to kill a Jedi, just you have to plan for them. HK also said attacking their allies, opens themselves up for attack.
>>
>>44418128
I never liked the mando armor from the KOTOR games, that tiny eye slit is stupid. Unless they've got some kind of panoramic HMD I don't see how that helmet doesn't severely limit your FOV.
>>
>>44418257
Having people in a generally showy region use special effects makes a hell of a lot more sense than a psychic creating and manipulating miniature galaxies.
>>
File: no more heroes.jpg (87 KB, 1000x870) Image search: [Google]
no more heroes.jpg
87 KB, 1000x870
>>44416685
NO MORE HEROES, NO TIME TO STAND STILL
IF YOU'RE GONNA BE NUMBER OHHHH-HHH-HHNE!
>>
File: Cryokinesis.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Cryokinesis.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>44418013

Who is this chick, and what series is she from?

I need to pick up a cryokinetic to supplement my companion's battle squad. There's already an areokinetic, a geokinetic, a pyrokinetic, an elecrokinetic, a telekinetic, a sonokinetic, and a ferrokinetic. I need an ice manipulator to finish my type coverage.
>>
>>44418257
>Telekinesis is just moving things with your mind.
>Manipulating gravity is effectively just pushing down over a area
Even if it is real, it's nowhere near as impressive as you claim.
>>
>>44418345
Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akame_ga_Kill!
>>
>>44418257
My proof for it being fake is that you can see the machinery and lights in her gym at certain sections.
>>
>>44418345
General Esdeath, a.k.a "Batshit crazy warmonger with bulshit ice powers," from Akame Ga Kill.
>>
>>44418345
She is Esdeath, the primary antagonist of Akame ga Kill. She's bullshit.

If you want to recruit her, you'll either have to appeal to her sense of murderhoboing. And sadistic torture as well, probably.
>>
>>44418007
Sure!

Seras Victoria (400 CP):
Background: Fighter
-Armored Hero (Free)
-Masterful Maintenance
-Who Needs A Dentist?
-Throwing (Rank 1)
-Sword & Shield (Free)
-Leather Armor (Free)

Sadie, Draco, & Fenris (3-in-1-Companion-Slot) (400 CP)
Background: Magic User
-Magic Spark (Free)
-Potent Potioneering
-Complete Starter Spellbook
-Clever (Rank 1)
-Money (Free)
-Long Dagger (Free)

Adam Jensen (200 CP)
Background: Drop-In
-Storybook Life (Free)
-Fortune Favors the... Protagonist? (Rank 2)

>>44418013
OY.

NOTHIN' WRONG WITH PANTS.

I just prefer other forms of clothing.
>>
>>44418301
Again, Sabrina.

>>44418384
Gasp! You mean...The machinery that makes up the gym itself and the lights that allow people who aren't psychic goddesses to see?
>>
>>44418422
Spotted the cripple.
>>
>>44418422
OAA?
>>
>>44418426
Gasp! You mean, the machinery that means she isn't creating a fucking solar system or doing the Cosmic Manipulation you are trying to say she does? In a world with functional holograms and teleportation technology? Wow, it's almost as if she isn't as powerful as you're saying she is!
>>
File: 1430213067105.jpg (20 KB, 113x359) Image search: [Google]
1430213067105.jpg
20 KB, 113x359
>>44418426
Why do you always give people a hard time when they disagree with you? You're making yourself a target.
>>
>>44418409
She shouldn't be that hard to recruit, she's obsessed with battle giving her a chance to fight enemies from other realities would likely set her heart fluttering.

Also though as the person working the the Akame ga Kill jump, I still haven't decided on what to price canon companion purchases at.
>>
>>44418485
He does this frequently, all we can do is get used to it.

Man am I sad OAA gave up the Yakuza jump to this guy.
>>
File: this taste... it's of a liar!.gif (797 KB, 474x264) Image search: [Google]
this taste... it's of a liar!.gif
797 KB, 474x264
>>44418422
Oh, sure. You "just prefer other forms of clothing." There's no other motives behind that at /all/.
>>
>>44418498
400 CP seems to be the standard for taking canon companions from what I've seen, maybe 500 for someone that powerful. Granted, if this guy hasn't used the Blue Feather yet he can just waifu her away with him.
>>
>>44418523
I really hate Suu.
>>
>>44418422
Hah! I love that one of your companions is the one with Storybook Life, and the Protagonist luck.

Also glad to see Masterful Maintenance being used by someone; not having to clean or maintain her guns in any way will hopefully be a big help.

As far as the 3-in-1, the only comment I have is that (unless the original companion option specifically duplicates items), I would give them only one Starter Spellbook between them. Not that that would be a serious problem, they'd just have to share.

Thank you!
>>
>>44418498
I literally know nothing about AgK apart from that it involves war and cute girls like many, many animes but off the top of my head I think 300 CP is a fairly common pricing for canon companions
>>
>>44418498
Ignore >>44418541 , canon companion is more commonly 2-300.
>>
>>44418498
Ignore >>44418564. Make your own decision based on what you find balanced for the jump and the choices you offer in it.
>>
>>44418426
You can hear the machinery as you run around the gym.
>>
>>44417263
Started with Pokemon, where I took the drawback to be mute. With the assumption/fanwank that I could still make whistles and tongue clicks, I went about making a rudimentary language using those as the sounds. Over the years, and especially with other Jumps where I took I'm Mute drawbacks, Whistleclick has expanded to the point that my Companions can communicate tactical and sensitive information without anyone being able to understand even if they intercepted it. With a bit more work, it could be a fully-developed language, with literature and poetry and such. Might work with that on the next vacation Jump.
>>
>>44418485
>>44418516
The weird thing is, there used to be a guy called Megacorp from Spacebattles who acted sort of like that.

Except he was way, way worse. As in-entire threads full of bitching for the slightest criticism.

As for the actual argument-I honestly have no clue, I'm pretty sure Pokemon doesn't have human psychic goddesses floating around but then again I never bothered paying too much attention to anything far beyond Red/Blue.
>>
>>44418498
My personal theory is that Esdeath likes to think she likes fighting, but more accurately, she likes WINNING. She looks really happy during the fights with Night Raid, but it's obvious to everyone there that they can't actually beat her. Combined with how she treated the Northerners, and her sadistic nature, I think she just straight up likes being the strongest. Hell, one of her requirements for her perfect man was that he be weaker than her, with lots of potential, so that she would be in a position of power over him., but also able to train him to be just under her in strength.
>>
>>44418658
>used to
>was

But I thought he was still here? And making Pathfinder Jump?
>>
>>44418484
Or, you know, she's an extremely strong psychic. Pokemon psychics are fucking potent. If Sabrina can shrink people into dolls and make clones and shit, why can't an stronger one do the things shown?

>>44418485
I don't know what your talking about.
>>
>>44418667
This actually sounds like a reasonable theory here.
>>
>>44418689
He is. Anon is just a retard and starting shit.
>>
>>44418498
She wouldn't be that hard at all. She's sadistic, egoistical, and blood thirsty. However she does have a softer side, for the MC-kun.
>>
>>44418689
Dude's barely around and likely dropped Pathfinder, much like most of the many jumps he claims and drops. Hard work and effort isn't his style it seems.
>>
>>44418722
Why are you such a spiteful shit?
>>
>>44418541
I don't plan to do do different prices per person, as that's a pain in the ass. Also I remember 500+ post threads on /a/ about the series that were entirely waifu wars, and don't want to add any reason for such things to start here.
>>44418564
>>44418583
Currently I have it at 200, and have thought of having it be 300. Really it's possible that it will remain at 200 due to lack of interest to further pursue the issue. I was mostly commenting about it because I want people to know it's still being worked on. Just decided to wait for the next chapter which should be coming out any time now.
>>44418667
Possible, but she does want fights that actually challenge her. As far as she's concerned in the manga right now there are only a couple people left that could challenge her, and she really wants to fight both of them.
>>
>>44418737
Why are you so sensitive over this? I've hardly said anything that's not true. He's claimed and dropped jumps more then anyone else and the jumps he has done are very poor quality, see Underworld.
>>
>>44418753
Because attacking random people makes you an ass and degrades thread atmosphere towards the negative.
>>
>>44418689
I have no idea. I haven't seen him, er, ever here or in the chat since the fall of this year actually.

>>44418695
I guess the thing about being obstinate about your own point of view.

Anyway, as I've said earlier, I honestly don't know enough about human psychics in Pokemon to argue either way. My gut tells me the only reality warpers are Pokemon and that the world would be very different if humans could achieve full cosmic powers at will, but anime is weird so I dunno.
>>
>>44418773
>>44418708
If he's still around, I honestly didn't know that. I just haven't seen him anywhere for months, so I'd assumed he'd quietly moved on at some point.

I do think he's a cunt as a person and a mediocre jumpmaker, though.
>>
>>44418695
Where is it said that it's here doing any of it? You're making an assumption.

I'll make an assumption too: The ridiculous tech that is featured everywhere in Pokemon, games and anime alike, and has done crazy things before is responsible.

Lets see which assumption makes more sense. You're saying that someone has the psychic power to create entire star systems and alter gravity and warp space and time to a degree not outside of legendary pokemon, yet isn't hailed as the greatest psychic ever.

I'm saying the tech that can turn a whale sized monster into energy and send it across a network to the other side of the world, as well as make castles spring up from underground, teleport, and form holograms so real you can't tell the difference is responsible for the effects seen in a gym that, as >>44418592 says, you can hear machinery in.

Which makes more sense to you?
>>
《Forever Delayed 》:
Power:C
Speed:B
Range:A
Durability: D
Precision:A
Ability: this stand can allow it's user to delay an action and have it happen at a later time no longer than 3 minutes
Examples: a punch thrown doesn't do anything until activated
An object thrown or released disappears until the effect is activated in that instance the object would appear out of thin air and do what it was meant to.

Is there any way I can make this better or is it good now this is the first stand I've made.
>>
>>44418434
>>44418466
I have no idea what you mean.

>>44418523
Oyoyoyoy, what do you accuse me of.

>>44418546
IT doesn't fit AJ at all - but Protagonist Luck will make the kinds of operations he prefers a lot easier, and Storybook Life will be something I can give him shit about later.

And yeah, I would've bought Masterful Maintenance myself - but at the point after I got past the Companion imports, it was... Painful to see I only had 50 CP left.

Understood! Assumed it was as such anyhow, but confirmation is good.
>>
>>44418816
*her doing any of it?
>>
>>44418835
Honestly? I think it looks pretty good as it is! Nice ability, you'll fit right in with the other JoJos.

>>44418816
...yeah. I'm not him, but the tech doing the heavy lifting does make more sense.

I'd think if there were Pokemon humans with those kinds of psychic powers one would've been a BBEG at some point.
>>
>>44418919
Sabrina was an episode long BBEG, which is the closest we're gonna get
>>
>>44418545
The nature of MonMu is such that I can't fault anyone for hating any girl.

I know this sounds silly, but every time I watch it, I feel slightly insulted at how blatently the show is trying to pander to me.

I keep watching for the same reason I eat instant noodles: Because even though it's the dumbest thing ever, sometimes dumb things are amusing.
>>
>>44418919
Thank you do you have any suggestions for the awakened version and the requim I don't want it to be ridulous and I think I'll go overboard with it
>>
>>44418955
Fuck the show, they're trying WAAAAY too hard to make it appealing.
>>
>>44418780
Hmm, yeah, i do have a tendency of being obstinate.

Man, humans in Pokemon are, in general, bullshit as fuck. When Mewtwo, a clone of a legendary created by humans, Megaevolves, it becomes stronger then GOD.
>>
>>44418048
Any response to this? Here's the section from Red Dwarf that made me think Ace is a good idea.

"giving you a

working knowledge of any practical skill that you could need, from ship maintenance and piloting to surgery."

The rest of the perk deals with "traits" which the Deadlight would seal away, but this specifically gives working knowledge of practical skills. Combine that with two Jumps of knowledge in 40k tech pre and post heresy.
>>
File: The Great and Powerful Arceus.jpg (27 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
The Great and Powerful Arceus.jpg
27 KB, 500x279
>When Mewtwo, a clone of a legendary created by humans, Megaevolves, it becomes stronger then GOD.
That's not surprising.
>>
>>44418937
I see my hypothesis about anime being weird was correct then.

>>44418964
>awakened

The Stand can now open「corridors」in space and time that allow incoming projectiles/objects/people to be shunted into the void「outside」of time. Essentially, portal powers.

>Requiem

Great control over what time you can release objects you've thrown back into the timestream? Delay it by days/hours/weeks/whatever you think fits right. I might even suggest retroactive tosses, JoJo can be odd like that. Perhaps the Stand's other stats go up so it can throw more things at a time and better?

>>44418998
See, the weird thing is-I've watched OniAi too. And while it, too, was predictable in its' pandering, I didn't hate it as much because there was quite a bit of self-awareness in some episodes so I got a few chuckles out of watching the show take the piss out of itself.

>>44419031
You mean Arceus?

And to be fair, that's a GM'd Pokemon. Seems reasonable to me that an ANIME SCIENCE'd pokeon would be ridiculous.

Seems more to me like Pokemon humans' science is ridiculous. Heck, if you could make pokeballs work on things other than pokemon they could be an invaluable boon in all sorts of situations throughout your chain.
>>
If we were to take Summoner in Elder Scrolls, would we be able to stasis pod a dremora/atronach that we perma summon?
>>
File: Character_Esdeath.png (334 KB, 960x608) Image search: [Google]
Character_Esdeath.png
334 KB, 960x608
>>44418345
>>44418498
>>44418409
>>44418382

In what way is Esdeath BS?

Also, what kind of things of note happen in the setting? Is Night Raid acctually the "good" faction, and how hard would it be to join? What kind of things can their "Imperial Arms" do?
>>
>>44419158
Conjurer*
>>
>>44419158
I don't see why you couldn't. Seems like a waste of a pod, though.
>>
>>44418955
It actually really puts me off. It wants to appeal to me for liking cute monstergirls, but I don't like harems where other people than the MC are constantly fucking them. So the cheap excuses to say 'look at her be naked/half-naked/with an o face! doesn't that turn you on!?' make the show worse for me.
>>
>>44419130
Well, yeah, there is that, but then there are instances of people going toe-to-toe against Pokemon that are undoubtedly stronger.
>>
>>44419130
Thank you I'm gonna work on it a bit more I was thinking of adding a minor ability to it because I plan to use this and the ripple as well as the spin heavily
>>
>>44419168
>In what way is Esdeath BS?
Her power is derived from the blood of a monster that could control ice, which she drank. This SOMEHOW gives her the ability to (eventually) stop time.

No other weapon derived from monsters in the setting works that way. They've got weapons with poison that kill with one cut, let's someone have slight clarvoiance and read minds, generate electrical storms, but Esdeath's still manages to make no sense.
>>
>>44419168
Esdeath can freeze concepts I don't think you need to think on that long
>>
>>44419101
Mewtwo is Pokemon Jesus + Science

Arceus jobs a lot. He probably doesn't dish out a fraction of its strength, considering whenever his kids throw a tantrum its fucking world ending and the time Dialga went mad and created a horror universe by ending time. Thanks small time traveling onion and friends for keeping hope alive.

My favourite fan canon is Celebi is Dialga's kid.
>>
>>44419188
Agreed, it was more of a curiosity thing, in the off chance that I found one that I liked.
>>
>>44419236
Wait, are you now trying to claim that other people being strong is proof that she is?
>>
>>44419168
She develops a power that is completely absurd for her Teigu/Imperial Arm to have, and not she unlocks it, she creates an entirely new ability for it. As for good, Night Raid is on the side of the rebellion against an incredibly corrupt empire, that's all that makes them the good guys.

As for what the Teigu/Imperial Arms can do, I have an entire section for customizing them already finished-ish for the jump complete with it's own point pool. There are options at 100, 200, 400, 600, and 800 each with a line discounted for one of 6 Teigu types. They do a lot of things basically each is made from an incredibly powerful monster containing powers from that monster.
>>
>>44419291
No.
>>
How would I go about making a solid ball of light? Not a holographic sphere or something, but like the magical lights people can hold in various fantasy settings. I assume some form of magic can do it, but which one would make a ball of light that doesn't fade over time or need mana to be maintained?
>>
>>44419231
Yeah, that's kind of my feelings about it too, though I've only read the manga and not watched the show. I like the characters, but the constant sexualization just makes me uncomfortable. It makes for some jarring tonal shifts between cute and lewd. Either make a cute slice of life series or a porn series, don't try to do both. Personally, I'd prefer the cute slice of life. Just make it about Papi and Suu having cute adventures while big sis Rachnee makes snide commentary from the rafters.
>>
>>44419329
I'm hoping for elemental themed ones.
>>
>>44419346
University of Princeton managed to crystallize light last year so you might want to look into that. We have solid light right now and its giving physics students headaches.
>>
>>44419371
Keep Suu and Rachnee (and the occasional outsiders too) from raping the other girls, yeah. You can make them somewhat lewd without going THAT far with it and destroying the characters and tone.
>>
>>44419389
How's that work? Any theories on what can be done with it? We gonna get omnitools now?
>>
>>44419236
Really? Mind telling me more about 'em? I've actually never heard of that. I always thought those gimmicky trainers that do squats with their Machamps or whatever were just...doing a really contrived gimmick for. For reasons.

Children's 'mon game marketting reasons.

>>44419231
I...guess? I kinda stopped at episode 10. The main cast seems to be all over Anti-Spiral-san's dick. As far as I can tell every other male character exists to make Darling look even manlier and more gentlemanly by comparison.

>>44419389
Fuck yeah, here's to getting our Cortanas sometime in this generation
>>
>>44419415
Fuck if I know how it actually works. I'm a machinist, not a scientist but here's an article that will probably give you something further to look into.

http://www.princeton.edu/engineering/news/archive/?id=13459

The process of them creating an artifical macro atom is intriguing.
>>
>>44419168
>In what way is Esdeath BS?
She can freeze time, her ice powers seem to have no upper limit, (Hence the freeze time ability.) she's a frighteningly skilled swordsmen, and a tactile genius who's never lost a military campaign.

>Is Night Raid actually the "good" faction, and how hard would it be to join?
Yes. They're assassins with morals who only kill criminals and other individuals who're show to be irredeemably evil. They acknowledge they're all guilty of murder and are fully aware that they can die at any time.

As for joining, just find the rebel army and show them that you're a highly skilled fighter. They should recognize your talents and make you an assassin.

>What kind of things can their "Imperial Arms" do?
>Insta kill poison sword that can also give you a temporary power-up.
>Belt that lets gives you super strength and supernatural healing.
>Magical power armor
>Plasma cannon that runs on willpower.
Stuff like that.
>>
>>44419371
>>44419396
Oh wait, >>44419231 was talking 'bout Suu

Yeah. Yeah, that's...awkward. Pretty sure she absorbed MC-kun's memories too at one point. Ain't no excuse after that.

Papi just feels totally out of place in the weird comedy-cute-harem abomination of a plot. Call me a prude, but mentally handicapped children don't do it for me.
>>
>>44419376
It's in, element creation and element control are separate options though. Also energy creation and control are each their own options as well. For electricity, sound, heat, or light you need the energy ones.
>>
>>44419416
Well, there are those dojo's in every other game and in the anime where people fight Pokemon. The wars alluded to in the recent game and shown in that one movie.
>>
File: 1392141331908.png (870 KB, 1197x897) Image search: [Google]
1392141331908.png
870 KB, 1197x897
>>44419416
>Machamps
Oh, speaking of Machamps, there was an official pokemon website thing recently highlighting the machop family.

We learned that Machoke/Machamp's pants... are actually skin.

Yeah, this is apparently official
>>
>>44419415
Probably not omnitools. Currently light can only be turned solid in very specific conditions, you'd need to keep it isolated. That might be possible to change, though, no one's really sure what you can do with the stuff. Sure, you'll hear scientists say stuff about how it could be used for quantum computing, but they will say that about literally every innovation in physics. It's going to be a while before anything usable comes out of the research, but it should at the very least be interesting.
>>
>>44419491
it's official: speedos are literally second skins
>>
>>44419447
Seems like they're working on scaling the experiment up and using the macro atoms to do experiments on materials science and how to produce artificial elements for the time being. Once they scale it they'll be able to tackle some real puzzlers of physics problems.
>>
>>44419506
>solid light is actually a thing
I need a sauce on this, also lightsabers when
>>
>>44419491
A) Source?

B) They'd better not claim the belt it part of it too since it's been said they wear it for a reason and I'm pretty sure one took it off once (just the belt, fortunately)
>>
File: bringmetolife.jpg (16 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
bringmetolife.jpg
16 KB, 605x146
>>44419491
...well then.

Those pics of girls ogling Machamps just got that much more unsettling.

>>44419506
That's kinda funny

"Brad, we found a way to mass produce antimatter"

"Nice work Jeff, we're going to win at quantum computing forever now"

>>44419534
Oi, princeton link up a few posts

http://www.princeton.edu/engineering/news/archive/?id=13459
>>
>>44419534
Sauce:
>>44419447
>>
>>44419468
That seems pitifully weak. If you can't control what you create you're basically wasting your time. Make water! That splats to the ground. Make fire! That just burns the grass.
>>
>>44419452
Can't say I mind someone younger in these kinds of series, but she's a bit too stupid for me as well.
>>
>>44419447
>Funding provided by US Army Research Office

US confirmed first Jedis.

What the fuck google, that business sign is literally a block and a half down the street from me. Stop stalking me.
>>
>>44419551
Here
>Element Creation, 400ip, Discount Object
>Pick an element, fire, water, wind, ice, earth, metal, acid, whatever. So long as you can reasonably consider it an element, and it has a reliable physical form it's fine. However the stronger the power, the less you can make, metal will be less than earth by it's nature, earth being less than ice, and an acid will be less corrosive the more you want to make. You will also be restricted to make only a few types, Fire might extend into a magma blast or plasma balls, but not both, and choosing only one type will make the effect stronger. This does also grant some limited control, but only so much as to launch the element in a direction.
>>
>>44419551
Make a water hydrant force blast of water. Add it to your waterbending. Seems to be a utility thing rather than straight up power.
>>
>>44419543
http://www.pokemon.jp/special/kairiky_gym/

Its in Japanese and the text is in the images so you cant google translate it but if you google for the translation or "machoke pants" or something like that you can find reports

Warning: The website contains massive amounts of Swole
>>
>>44419168
>Is Night Raid acctually the "good" faction, and how hard would it be to join?
They're fighting against a ridiculously corrupt empire with nobles that perform some grimdark shit. Night Raid is very much on the "good" side. I believe the common citizen has no clue about this stuff; the empire eventually organizes their own rag-tag group, some members of which are well-intentioned people thinking they're doing good.

Can probably get into the group by joining the rebels, showing skill and a hatred for the bad guys, or throwing an arm or eye at their leader.
>>
>>44419592
Basically if scientific research is done in the US, more than half of the time it's going to be funded by the military.
>>
>>44419614
Still pitifully weak. Sounds more like 200.
>>
>>44419571
Same here. It's mostly the mentally handicapped rather than the child part that puts me off.

>>44419625
Rule #1 of anime: It's the nobles' fault. It's always the nobles' fault.
>>
File: but thats forbidden fruit.jpg (150 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
but thats forbidden fruit.jpg
150 KB, 500x737
>>44419547
>Those pics of girls ogling Machamps just got that much more unsettling.

Oh yeah that's in the website i posted
>click the relevant link
>the URL contains the phrase "Girl Stalk"
>MFW
>>
>>44419650
Fits the series, where controlling and making an element are noted as being very different levels of power.
>>
>>44419624
Suppose it's no crazier than Hitmonchan's shirt-skirt thing and boxing gloves or Gardevoirs dress being part of it.
>>
>>44419687
Jap women are so starved for dick because of 2D waifus that they made pilgrimages to stare at a gorilla that had a 'handsome' face.

There's a 100% chance there'd be some machamp lust if they were real.
>>
>>44419689
Price wise?
>>
>>44419650
I might buff it a bit, but it's staying at that price. Anyway you are spending all of your Imperial points to create a single Teigu by combining the various options, and you get 1000ip to spend on this to go with your 1000cp.
>>
>>44419256
Can we just go monster hunting and ignore the whole BlargGrimGrrCorrupt thing going on?

Or is the fact that the Empire has icehax on it a cause for worry.
>>
Is being in Judgement in A Certain Scientific Railgun worth it? What about being branch head?
>>
>>44419746
Because of a culture that discourages marriage more than anything. Same with the west.
>>
>>44419756
Not sure what you're talking about.Not the maker, just pointing out that in series making an element is considered to take a lot more power/skill then just controlling it. See Esdeath making ice out of nowhere as compared to her soldier (The old ex general dude) needing to have water supplies available.
>>
>>44419448
>As for joining, just find the rebel army and show them that you're a highly skilled fighter. They should recognize your talents and make you an assassin.
Unless you're the type of jumper who has an affinity for ham, ALL CAPS, and explosions. Probably won't get into any covert ops like that.
>>
>>44419783
They're basically worthless jobbers of no value or importance. They're not worth any price.
>>
>>44419783
You get some degree of authority, a job and probably a chance to meet a few friends your age there. Seems to be mostly a cool fluff thing, though it is a easy way to get involved in some of Railgun's plots.
>>
>>44419783
It's being a student cop, do you want to play cop while a student?
>>
File: shabani.jpg (195 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
shabani.jpg
195 KB, 640x360
>>44419746
To be fair, Shabani is a disturbingly handsome gorilla.
>>
>>44419801
>>44419812
>>44419816
Guess I'll pass on that then. Thanks for the quick responses.
>>
>>44419816
If there weren't actual danger involved, I would totally be a student cop, just for the ability to throw around nonexistant authority and act like I'm hot shit despite no qualifications whatsoever.
But in Raildex that's the kind of shit that could get my face melted off.
Maybe in Ouran High School.
>>
>>44419834
Now that i look at it... huh i can actually see the handsomeness.

Wierd
>>
File: gorilla your dreams.jpg (35 KB, 512x344) Image search: [Google]
gorilla your dreams.jpg
35 KB, 512x344
>>44419834
I mean look at this, he's clearly mastered Cold Steel.
>>
>>44419834
>>44419877
I can't look away.
>>
>>44419779
Well it's an Empire, and she can only be in one place at a time. There are definitely enough of the monsters that exterminating them would be a fine goal for a Jumper.
>>
File: shabani is best dad.jpg (631 KB, 2000x3011) Image search: [Google]
shabani is best dad.jpg
631 KB, 2000x3011
>>44419877
The fact that he's a caring husband and father doesn't hurt, either.
>>
>>44419877
Great. Now I can only imagine someone, somewhere is writing yaoi doujins starring him and that one albino gorilla.

>>44419855
When I first watched Raildex, the psychic powers didn't break my suspense of disbelief. Kids being treated like cops in an organization with all the formality of a student council did.

Absolutely nothing about it made sense until I remembered the whole shebang was being run from behind the scenes by a wizard with no sense of right or wrong.
>>
>>44419929
Those kids do have to go through training to be cops. Though I can see it happening where Aleister says he wants some of the psychic kids to be cops, then someone listed off all the things they would have to do for that to work and he just focuses on the training them bit.
>>
>>44419929
>Behind the scenes wizard
That does explain things.

Another question. How stuffed would I be if I could teleport a lot of people at once and used this ability to save those I see who are in danger if I take the Heroic Tendencies drawback? I don't know if there's a way to fight that Accelerator guy before he swaps sides but I'd have to save the clones.
>>
>>44420003
He's a Mary Sue.
>>
>>44420003
You can diplomace Accelerator, you just need to have a convincing argument about the clones actually being people, with feelings and such. As for teleporting, it's not a bad idea, just don't try to save or teleport Touma, he can handle himself and you can't teleport him anyway.
>>
>>44420003
How would you fight against vector manipulation without imagine breaker?
>>
>>44420055
Hit him with scalar effects.
>>
>>44420055
Remove all air from the surrounding area.
>>
>>44420055
Lasers, maybe? Time stop? Teleport a grenade into his chest cavity?
>>
>>44420055
Punch his shadow with your shadow!
>>
>>44420055
Alternatively-pull back your fist riiiiiiight before you punch him and then punch him in the snozz like that other guy, confusing his vector manipulation right before you sock him.

Alternatively alternatively-with vector manipulation of your own.

>>44420092
Timestop would also work, actually.
>>
>>44420075
What's a scalar effect ?>>44420117 that's actually pretty funny
>>
>>44420055
Aerokinesis. kind of boring, but suffocation is an effective way of taking him out.
>>
>>44420161
Scalars are physical quantities that have magnitude but no direction. Accelerator only has control over vectors, quantities with both magnitude and direction, making him vulnerable to effects that don't involve motion. Inertia is a scalar, for example, so you could increase his mass until he couldn't move.
>>
>>44420227
He can move the planet, and also apparently can use his power to negate gravity's effects on him. He states at some point that he has to let gravity through or he would float away. Really though half of the bullshit Accelerator can do is because the author Kamachi, can't into physics.
>>
>>44420271
>Really though half of the bullshit Accelerator can do is because the author Kamachi made him a Mary Sue.
>>
>>44420279
No that's 9/10ths of what he can do. Just that half of his stuff shouldn't work the way it's said to.
>>
>>44420271
No, that makes sense, because gravity is vector due to having direction (well, I think it's actually a tensor once you get into the detailed math of it, but for most purposes it can be considered vector). I'm talking about increasing his mass, so that it takes more force to produce a given acceleration. Even if he was unaffected by gravity, being hypermassive would still slow him down.
>>
>>44418048
>>44419047
Just pick the Necron Spider, you could pass part 1 as a first jump with that thing and one of the determination/willpower perks.
>>
>>44420227
Thank you
>>
>>44419746
Well it happens in a society where failing your high school entrance exam means you're a failure. Going to school for 5.5 days, and expected to take up after school clubs. When HS is done you take another big entrance exam to colleges.

Should you survive all that, you'll get a white collared job where 90% goes to rent for your shitty studio apartment. 9% goes to drinking. 1% savings. To add a kid, and a wife that doesn't work (which is what a lot of Japanese women still want) adds to the stress of things. Top it off that to stay employed you basically have to work long hours, like 80+ hours a week.

Japan & US are like only two countries where they don't have mandated vacation.
>>
>>44420326
The spacial warping of gravity is not a vector, it does however apply a vector to things. Anyway the sentence about his powers being bullshit is separate from the other, I wasn't claiming the two were linked. At worst how his power is stated to interact with gravity is off, that his power interacts with gravity is not. Lastly if you can hit him with enough mass to slow him down that is a hell of a lot of power.
>>
>>44420326
Actually, thinking about it, depending on how well he can affect his own body with his powers he might just die from it. The electromagnetic forces that drive his biochemical processes would slow down, too, so he'd have to be applying his vector control to the movement of every cell in order to keep from going into system-wide shock. Even if he could do it, having to consciously manage every biochemical process in his body would be complex enough that it would tax his calculation abilities considerably, and that's his main limit. So he'd either die, or be slowed down while having his powers weakened because it's all being put into keeping him alive.
>>
Lightsaber or High-Frequency blade.
Which is better?
>>
>>44420636
high-frequency lightsaber.
>>
File: AURA BATTORA.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
AURA BATTORA.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>44420636
Por que no los dos?
Also Aura
ATTACK ATTACK ATTAAAAAAACK
>>
>>44420227
>>44420271
>>44420496
What about hypnosis? Is he weak to mentalism?

Can he only defend against things of a realistic and/or sci-fi nature?
>>
I've just been looking into this and now I have a different question. How do I stop the Misaka cloning project from happening? It's a bit sad that it would mean the clones who seem to be good people don't exist, but they'd still live in the main continuity.

It looks like they predicted Accelerator would need to kill 128 full powered Railgun's or 20,000 weaker ones, could I convince them somehow that the experiment wouldn't work, maybe show them somehow that even the weaker versions wouldn't work?
>>
>>44420636
I say HF blades, if only because you can add shit onto the physical blade easier. Runes, enchantments, all that. HF is just another modifier. Hell, Sam's blade was a retrofit.
Of course, you need some high ass quality materials to match the lightsaber in the first place.
>>
>>44420692

It may be possible to manipulate him mentally using non-supernatural methods like hypnosis and chemicals in his food.

I considered doing such a thing to touma to force him to kill accelerator for me if I felt the need.
>>
>>44420718
>convince

Dude.

Dude, they're scientists in a shounen.

They're more pointlessly evil than saturday morning cartoon villains. At least saturday morning cartoon villains sometimes celebrate christmas.

The only "convincing" that'll work is a bullet to the brain.

>stop the Misaka cloning project

Well, you could blow up the cloning infrastructure they built under Academy city I guess? Trouble is-it's worldwide. Prepare for some travelling, and expect 'em to churn out a few anyway unless you can teleport all ove the world.
>>
>>44420718
Alternatively, how would I go about stopping it so that the clones can go free and live relatively normal lives?
>>
>>44420718
You can't stop the cloning project, it's just an excuse to get to clones for Aleister's real plan, he'd make up another excuse to get the clones. Though I can't find out when the Level Six shift starts so I don't even know if you can get in early enough to do anything about it anyway. However stopping Accelerator and getting the clones to survive is pretty much as good as things will get.
>>
>>44420753
I was thinking more along the lines of "Our evidence shows this won't work, lets move on to some other evil scheme".

Actually, if they're just going to be doing evil schemes no matter what, I'd need a way to stop that without drawing the attention of the big players who can likely stomp me...
>>
>>44420780
Oh. Well then. I don't know what I can do about this then.
>>
>>44420787
See, these are the same people who originally came up with a way to extract Esper crystals by rendering children braindead as Plan A. I'm pretty sure their response would be "Our evidence shows if we keep abusing innocent girls, the net output of human suffering will make another angel fall from heaven, solving all our electricity shortages forever!"

>stop that

Yeah, uh. Good luck with that. 'cos I got nothing. Either Crowley or his pet plot device-I forgot which-Aiwass has somehow achieved magical omnipresence or some shit over Academy City's territory.
>>
>>44420718

From what I understand the whole Accelerator project was a cover up for another project of Crowley's that require the clones.

Also from what I understand of later plotlines they might have been necessary for helping to deal with a future reality warping big bad.

>>44420755

If you just want to keep the clones from dying get the Media collection.

Later stuff reveals that Accelerator actually dislikes fighting, but was convinced the clones aren't people. So his plan was basically "Maybe if I become strong enough people will stop trying to fight me".

Anyway later on Accelerators abilities get damaged, and the Misaka Network starts making up for his lost capabilities.

This implies that the Misaka Network can be used to increase the power of an esper.

So if you just need to convince Accelerator that this would/could work. Accelerator gets what he wants out of the project, more of the sisters get to live, Crowley gets to have more clones, and the scientists get to study weird AIM field interactions.

Although having all of them live might cause complications when Ollerus starts overwriting reality.
>>
>>44420718
What was the point of that? Like, the real point.

Was levelling up Accelly in the worst child soldier grindfest ever serving a point at all, because there are 40k demon rites that use less resources.
>>
>>44420927
>the Misaka Network starts making up for his lost capabilities
The entire reason why I'm not letting my Sister anywhere near the others at that point.
>>
>>44421016

How are you going to manage that? I mean sure keeping them away physically is easy, but they can all communicate telepathically using their weird AIM field network thing.
>>
>>44421073
I'd keep her in outerspace if I have to. Not getting cucked by Accelerator is worth any batshit plan.
>>
>>44420921
Wait, are they trying to solve energy shortages? I can deal with that easily.

>>44420927
That... makes things harder. All I know of Crowley is that he's one of those Magic Gods who are ridiculously OP but he's OP enough to be his own 'side', or lead a side of less OP OP people.

Diplomancing Accelerator may be the best option then, make him a good guy earlier so more lives can be saved.
>>
>>44421118
Well, companions respawn with a decent time delay and missing recent memories, right? Just tell her to alert you the moment the Accelerator interaction starts.
>>
>>44421189
It's an ongoing thing, and they respawn every two days. Murdering her wouldn't be a long term solution unless you want me to continuously murder her.

Also what the fuck is wrong with you to suggest that?
>>
>>44421199
Think he's meaning if Accelerator kills her then you know because she respawns, which isn't quite as sleazy, but is still rather bad.
>>
>>44421199
>unless you want me to continuously murder her.
Well it's not like she'd remember and be on guard against you.

>Also what the fuck is wrong with you to suggest that?
What the fuck is wrong with you that you weren't expecting that in response to
>is worth any batshit plan.
>>
>>44421219
The 'using the Misakas' thing happens way after he's stopped murdering them.
>>
>>44421239
I already suggested my own plan to put her in space. That doesn't involve murder so it's already better.
>>
>>44421118

Oh if it's just Accelerator that's the problem there's an easier solution.

You just need to do the following.

1. Keep Accelerator from getting brain damaged or repair it. Normally I'd just skip to step 2, but To Aru is bullshit enough that a functioning Accelerator might be necessary before the ten years are up.

2. Keep Last Order a.k.a. the living control mechanism for the Misaka Network from deciding they should help the brain damaged idiot(no that's not a repeat).
>>
>>44421257
You're wrong, murder always makes a plan better than it was.
>>
>>44421257
It involves shoving her out into the lonely void. Murder (or better still, removal from the active companion listing in the warehouse) is probably a kinder option.
>>
>>44421275
So is there a different brain damaged idiot Last Order decides to help or is them helping Accelerator a bad thing?
>>
>>44421140
No, that was me making a bad joke about how stupid they are.

They are, essentially, being manipulated under Crowley's direction to defeat Magic with Science using artificially engineered psychics who can turn into pseudo-Angels (also known as Level 6). Theoretically.

They're a long way from succeeding and the magic side is led by beings with almost absolute control over probability in their natural state known as Majins or Magic Gods.
>>
Speaking of Raildex, just how bad of idea is it to release the complete Media Collection on the internet?
>>
>>44421352
SNAKE! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

YOU'LL CREATE A TIME PARADOX!
>>
>>44421283
How would I get her into space if I don't have a means of going there myself, anon?
>>44421275
I'm worried about fucking up the plot too much because I am not on the level of Magic Gods and other such absolute effect nonsense.
>>
>>44421320

Accelerator is the brain damaged idiot.

Basically sometime after he stops being a villain his brain gets damaged which decreases his abilities, and Last Order has the Misaka Network help make up for that.

The Anon that wants to make sure their Misaka isn't involved in this doesn't want theirs to help with it.

Meanwhile before getting brain damaged Accelerator was somehow convinced that people will actually stop trying to fight him if he becomes powerful enough.
>>
>>44421352
I'd likely get erased very quickly, possibly retroactively, leading to only one of a few people seeing it all, and knowing all about you uploading it.
>>
>>44421361
So now she's stuck up in space with only you for companionship.
Scratch what I said before, murder is definitely the kinder option.
>>
>>44421365
Intelligence and Wisdom are very different.
>>
>>44421394
>Only me
I have many companions.
>>
>>44421345
So how do they not just wipe out the science side? Is Crowley really powerful enough to stop them or is this one of those 'we do not know the answer yet' things?
>>
>>44421400
>murder
>>
>>44421402
Plot Armour, son! It hardens in response to Waifu Trauma!
>>
>2015
>not combining science and magic
>>
>>44421415
Can you stop being so annoying about me not wanting to lose my companion to Accelerator? Jeez. If you bought a Sister and don't want them to eat up crushing on him you're going to have to do something about it too.
>>
See anon, you should just kill her. It'll work out the best for everyone.
>>
>>44421402
>making science and magic incompatible

Noobs. The lot of them.
>>
>>44421451
Not all crush on him, some crush on Touma, and there are likely some that crush on other people as well. The more intimate feelings they have they tend to keep separate from the network.
>>
>>44421438
>>44421476

Is there a way to get them to do that? Stop the fighting... Actually, what does the leadership of each side want? Are there 'good guys' and 'bad guys' or is it all "I'm the good guy, kill him!" "No I'm the good guy, kill him!" with shades of grey, or are both sides monsters?

>>44421451
I think someone mentioned above you could just not use the companion during that jump. Or until he stops being evil I suppose. Swap them off your 8 active companion roster until he stops.
>>
>>44421482
Of course love is the solution.

Seriously why didnt anyone realize that the solution to a shonen setting is LOVE, i mean i was half paying attention to the convo but still
>>
>>44421361

Yeah that's a major problem with trying to get involved in that plotline.

Anyway I also realized there's something else that I should probably point out. We don't know what the range limit for the Misaka Network is in canon, but the range limit for the Sister companion is multiversal.

So if that isn't a post jump bonus space might not be far enough, and if it is the solution will only work until your done jumping.

Also on a side note I'd personally find it more amusing to convince her to convince the other clones that they should charge Accelerator for the equivalent of tutoring and an electric bill, but that might just be me.

>>44421451

Um I think you got the characters mixed up.

Isn't it Touma you have to keep her from getting a crush on?
>>
>>44421482
The problem is that views, opinions, and feelings disseminate among them when they congregate. When they start hosting Accelerator, he's all up in their brains, and the ones that love him are going to spread that to as many of their Sisters as they can. It's really stupid to let yours sync up with the rest during this.

>>44421497
Touma is also a problem, but Touma does not hook right into her brain.
>>
>>44421402
Both are technically correct. Crowley was the most powerful magician before he decided Science/the Aeon of Horus was way cooler.

You see, once Crowley went to have a conversation with the Magic Gods. One of them basically called him a fag. He promptly attacked them.

All of them.

At once.

In their home dimension.

He later came back with burns over a third of his body, but everything else intact.

Later when the Magic Gods came to Earth to start kicking ass, he revealed during their fight he somehow cursed some of them to lose their OP pls nerf powers on arrival.

And killed like, three of them by himself.
>>
>>44421518
The obvious solution here is to assert dominance by punching Accelerator in the face using the forbidden technique of pulling your fist back before he can vector it. Preferably during, y'know, before the part where he's killing all of them.

And then strip before flexing your muscles, because if you're gonna white knight you might as well go all out.
>>
>>44421476

It's gets funnier/stupider when you realize something.

The magic side despite all of its conceptual bullshit is actually more scientific than the science side.

Magic side - So we follow these rules which give us repeatable results.

Science side - You get a reality warping miracle that works by imposing how you think reality should work upon the world, and you get a reality warping miracle that works by imposing your will upon the world. Oh and you over there have a reality warping miracle.
>>
>>44421546
That only works once. After that he knows about it and compensates for it.

The part where he syncs up with them happens way after the killing thing is done and over. So they aren't relevant to each other.
>>
>>44421534
Is Crowley's plan, or what we know of it, 'good'? In jump I'll have the benefit of ALL of the canon material, but for now I have to plan around what we already know. If he's ostensibly 'good' I may be able to give him hints on how to skip all the bad stuff in the series and go straight to the good end. If he isn't... hopefully the finished series will contain enough for me to skip those steps myself and save the day. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>44421578
It's "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" So not really? But magic gods do the same thing so it hardly matters.
>>
>>44421485
>I think someone mentioned above you could just not use the companion during that jump. Swap them off your 8 active companion roster
Yes, that was me, murder-promoter. It's also a decent plan, but sadly somewhat diminished by the lack of murder. I suppose you could tell her to alert you as soon as the Accel contact starts spreading, keep her around, then when she mentions it's happened shoot her in the head and take her off the roster so she forgets the contact. It means she can stay out longer before having to go into stasis. Such a nice plan.
>>
>>44421546
>And then strip by flexing your muscles, because if you're gonna waifu Accelerator you might as well go all out.
Fixed.
>>
Reminder that Crowley has a book that if he opens it, will destroy all of Christianity forever.
>>
>>44421618
... What. Why does? What does that even achieve in the context of the setting? Is that something he wants to do, but only at the right time?

Is it something I need to consider in my attempts to make the world a less sucky place?
>>
>>44421566
Do you even lift?! He's a sickly albino androgyne who's never thrown a punch in his life! Body mod alone would let you go Tyson on his candy ass!

And hey-if you're not proactive about pursuing your waifu you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

>>44421602
That said. This is also a valid strategem.

>>44421578
Nobody knows.

It apparently involves billions of misakas all over the world. And the end of all magic everywhere by using said Misakas to make what's basically a Reality Marble out of AIM.
>>
>>44421578

From what I understand their plan is based on the following.

Premise - Every so often something occurs causing reality to be retroactively rewritten when new forms of magic grow enough, or a new magic god shows up.

Goal - let's try doing this with science or finding out what the 'real/original' word is like. Possibly with the intent of removing magic.

>>44421642

Considering how other high level magic stuff tends to work. It probably achieves retroactively rewriting reality.
>>
>>44421651
You want me to stop him for good before my issue becomes relevant. To stop him for good here, I would have to kill him. I could use the trick to do this, sure, but you do realize that some bullshit Magic God or whatever he would defeat later will probably kill me? I don't want to kill Accelerator because it'll probably doom the world.
>>
File: The face of mercy.png (43 KB, 313x340) Image search: [Google]
The face of mercy.png
43 KB, 313x340
I have zero clue what is even going on
>>
>>44421685
That is not a face of mercy.
That is a face of a sadist.
>>
>>44421642
In Raildex, both the Anglican and Catholic churches are actually fronts and controlling agencies for magic users. So opening that book would fuck up the most prominent and powerful magic societies/systems in the world at the present time.

Protestants, I guess, are morons without any mages. Orthodox too? And Myphysites. And the Oriental church. All those guys are idiots with no magic.
>>
File: BEEP BOOP.gif (1 MB, 494x277) Image search: [Google]
BEEP BOOP.gif
1 MB, 494x277
Tell me about your robots, /jc/, Companion or otherwise.
>>
File: Pimpmech.webm (3 MB, 528x300) Image search: [Google]
Pimpmech.webm
3 MB, 528x300
>>44421709
I dig giant robots.

Except I havent been to any jumps pertaining to said giant robots part.

This will be rectified eventually
>>
>>44421685
We are slowly introducing a neophyte to the confusing mess of mary sues, meaningless powerlevels and Sonichuesque writing that is Raildex.

It is not a good pain.

>>44421692
First Hellsing, then Nasu, now this. I want to ask what the hell the Catholic Church did to Japan, but I'm afraid I already know the answer.
>>
Would using Gunnerkrigg shapeshifting to assume a form made completely of energy, such as light or sound, make you completely immune to temperature extremes?
>>
OY, question. Or rather, desire for explanations.

I need to know how Jurian Trees work, particularly 1st-Generation ones.

I need to know that letting mine plant and take root, and spread roots and vines throughout the entirety of the Light of Terra thus allowing it to control that ship as if it were one massive body was not a bad idea.
>>
>>44421692
Huh. That's something then.

I should ask, do we know if the Magic Gods have 'good' goals? Is getting rid of them a good or bad thing? Sub-question, are there enough evil/bad mages or are the mages that are evil or bad nasty enough that removing magic would make the world a better place (at least in one aspect)?
>>
File: laughing accelerator.gif (497 KB, 488x275) Image search: [Google]
laughing accelerator.gif
497 KB, 488x275
>>44421819
>letting anything manipulate the LoT

YOU MADE YOUR BED

N O W L I E I N I T
>>
>>44421819
They're sapient demi-goddess. They're magitech supercomputers with crazy powers, mostly involving the Wings of Light. Letting one plant itself on a planet basically kills it most of the time. Letting it plant itself in a limited or controlled environment like your ship should keep it sapient.

Anyway, if one picked you, and the perk says as much, then she is utterly loyal and bonded to you by default. You can lose her trust, but she's not going to betray or hurt you because she's not malicious. If your relationship stays positive though, she'll go through any ends within her means to protect and help you.
>>
>>44421830
>That bag
Did he go get groceries before going out to kill people or something?

I know he's supposed to be intimidating but that bag is really killing it
>>
>>44420352
B-but this would give me a better chance of surviving! I could repair the ship even faster!
>>
>>44421822

From what I remember we only know the goal of one magical god that being Ollerus, which can basically be summarized as 'Ollerus wants her old world back and has a temper tantrum after realizing she doesn't remember enough to do so'.

As for the morals of the rest I'm not sure, but this is a setting where reality is periodically rewritten including almost everyone' memories.

So it would at least make the world a more consistent and longer lasting place.
>>
>>44421872
I dunno, I think he was stealing data chips or something?

It's the crutch that gets me, personally. It's not that cripples can't be intimidating, it's just that they usually use something more interesting than modern hospital equipment in these situations.
>>
>>44421872
Half of Accelerator's screentime in the beginning involves him constantly getting interrupted in his day-to-day shit by attacks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.