[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Dust Quest #15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 11
File: stardustquest.png (1 MB, 1200x737) Image search: [Google]
stardustquest.png
1 MB, 1200x737
Welcome to Star Dust Quest! Here, you will follow the exploits of Gavin Ashworth and his ship crew, along with all of the shenanigans they get into.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/w3e1b1W7
Rules: http://pastebin.com/N17S4yEy
Character Sheet, Companions & Quests: http://pastebin.com/bri1aWTK
Ship Sheet: http://pastebin.com/tz6siJgj
Star Map: http://i.imgur.com/X8o07mv.jpg

Twitter: https://twitter.com/StarDustAnon

---

Last time, on Star Dust Quest...

Yup, the weird blonde, Sya'ra, ended up joining your crew. You argued that you needed more combat crew, and Sya'ra looked competent enough. She was also Ley'ra's childhood friend, apparently.

Wrapping up at the Cerberus base, you and your crew finally begin to head towards the ominous Dustkeeper base of Unfound to your next daunting mission. Even though it sounds difficult, it seems like you're bringing Comet along. You can't deny her eagerness, but you can't deny your curiosity. Also, Pete had some interesting developments regarding the datachip. It seems like you might have to find a supercomputer somewhere, but you want to focus on busting up some mutants, first.
>>
File: starmap_thread15.png (915 KB, 732x805) Image search: [Google]
starmap_thread15.png
915 KB, 732x805
>>44409631
“Lmicht city doesn't look any better than Frundt,” you say while your ship slowly hovers over some low-rise buildings.

“Looks smaller,” Ivan comments, bringing the ship to turn around a skyscraper. There, only a scant several kilometers away, is what appears to be the Unfound base you've heard so much about. Sitting among the crumbling building is a fort-like structure seemingly completely made of polished metal. Several large landing pads enough to accommodate your frigate sit at the very top, and Ivan instinctively heads towards it.

“I'm gonna guess that's it,” you say before a voice interrupts you over the radio.

“Unidentified vessel, please state your business,” a man with a gritty voice demands. You look to Ivan, receiving a nod from him.

“We're the crew of The Feedbacker,” you answer, looking down to your smart-ring to browse your contracts. There's only two... “We're responding to a contract put out by one named Connel Xuan.”

“Ah, yes. Please land on platform C.” You nod to Ivan, who gyrates his head a bit in response.

Your ship hovers over the tall walls of Unfound which hide its inner contents from the rest of the city. Before long, you feel your ship touch down on what you presume is platform C, and unbuckle yourself from your seat.

“Alright, I guess I'll go meet everyone at the air lock,” you say while standing up, leaving the cockpit after receiving a wave from Ivan. Despite his mask, you think he looked excited.

Not even three full steps out of the cockpit and you find yourself walking beside Sya'ra. How she got there, you aren't sure. You try to not act surprised.

“Hi, Gav,” she greets. You flinch when you realize she's wearing roller blades, skating beside you as you walk.

“Roller blades?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright then,” you brush off, shrugging. “We're gonna meet everyone at the air lock.”

“Alright, Gav.”
>>
>>44409648
“Have you ever been in Unfound?” you ask her.

“No, but I've always wanted to.”

“Curiosity kills the cat, I guess.”

“That's bad luck.”

“My bad,” you chuckle. Along the way, you meet up with Beth and Viktor who regard Sya'ra with curious glances, though the girl seems oblivious to this. Regardless, you all make your way to the air lock where you meet Ley'ra, Troy, Ivan, and Comet.

“Where's Pete?” Beth asks, looking around your gathered circle.

“Said he's gonna stick in the ship, but probably go out on his own a bit later to browse for stuff,” Troy answers, his arms crossed. You imagine it must be uncomfortable to hold your fleshy arm like that with your metal one.

“Fair enough,” you say, stepping forward. You regard each one of your crew member's stares, in particular, Comet. “I'm gonna go find our contact and see what's going up with that. What are the rest of you gonna do in the meantime?”

Troy and Viktor exchange glances. “We're going to go look for a lens for the particle blaster,” Troy says while Viktor nods his head.

“I'm probably just going to look around and socialize a bit, comrade,” Ivan answers, raising his hand as he speaks.

The rest of your crew all look at each other with unknowing expressions.

>Take Comet. You promised to bring her on this mission, so it might be a good to start small.
>Bring Ley'ra. You imagine there's going to be a lot of guns and combat equipment around, so you'd like her expertise.
>Bring Sya'ra, she probably has the most experience with the Dustkeepers on Faraday.
>Beth might be your medic for the mission, so you'd like her to be part of the briefing.
>Ivan looks like he understands the language here. Bring him along.
>Go find Pete and bring him with you. The guy needs to get out of the ship.
>>
Long time no see, friends. Let's keep this thread a long one.

Archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44409631/
>>
>>44409662
>>Bring Ley'ra. You imagine there's going to be a lot of guns and combat equipment around, so you'd like her expertise.
>Take Comet. You promised to bring her on this mission, so it might be a good to start small.
>>
>>44409662
>Bring Ley'ra. You imagine there's going to be a lot of guns and combat equipment around, so you'd like her expertise.
>>
>>44409662
>>
>>44409695
Long time no see indeed, glad your back.
>>
IT LIIIIIIIIVES!
>>
>>44409631
>Bring Sya'ra, she probably has the most experience with the Dustkeepers on Faraday.
We definitely need to stick close to comet and it might be good to spend some time with Sya'ra to get to know her better. Also BEST QUEST IS BACK!
>>
>>44409662
>>
>>44409662
“Alright, you're free to all wander the base. I'm pretty sure the Dustkeepers are friendly people,” you say, glancing over to Ivan who makes an 'okay' sign with his fingers. “Comet, I'd like you to come with me. We're going to meet Connel Xuan, and I think it would be good for you to get a brief of the mission before we head out.”

Reluctantly, Comet nods her head, visibly gulping. You know that it might take baby steps for her, but you've got to make progress eventually. As was your conversation with Ivan a few days back, you think the Dustkeepers are her best hope for answers.

“And Ley'ra, you can come with me too,” you say, looking to her. “I'm pretty sure this will be a combat-heavy mission, so we'll need your input on everything.”

“Okay,” she answers with a smile.

“Aw, not me?” Sya'ra whines.

“We'll brief you when we get back,” you answer, rolling your eyes. “Though, I'm pretty sure we won't need your rocket launcher for this.”

“You never know,” she rebuttals with a smirk.

“Anyways, we'll be heading out. Sooner we get the briefing, the better. I want to know what we're heading into.” You nod to all of your crew members as they begin to disperse, Troy and Viktor walking past you and down the ramp to the platform. “And keep an eye on your Nexus'. I'll ping you all when we're ready to meet about what we're gonna do,” you say, waving to the rest of your crew.

Comet and Ley'ra walk up to you, both of them with a smile.

“Okay, let's go.”

>Ask around where you might find Connel Xuan.
>Explore the base. There's bound to be a ton of interesting things around.
>Browse the Dustkeeper market while you walk.
>>
>>44409662
Hey happy to see you again OP! Keep it up.
>>
>>44410085

Can we do both? if not let's just ask about Xuan and we should probably get information from him before we buy anything.
>>
>>44410085
always check the market
>>
>>44410085
>Ask around where you might find Connel Xuan
>Explore the Base. There's bound to be a ton of interesting things around.
These seems like the best course of action.
>>
>>44410085
>Explore the base. There's bound to be a ton of interesting things around.
>>
File: robby.jpg (396 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
robby.jpg
396 KB, 724x1024
>>44410085
As the three of you walk down the ramp and onto the platform, you see a set of metal stairs at your far right that lead down into the base. Not seeing anywhere else to go, you head in that direction.

“I don't know what to expect, to be honest,” you say almost to yourself.

“Neither do I,” Ley'ra answers. Comet merely nods.

After walking down the steps and then through a lengthy hallway, you emerge into what looks like a large ware-house type of building, finding yourself on some very high-up metal catwalks. Comet's eyes widen as she looks around the large room below, bustling with many people in curious getups. You and Ley'ra can't help but peek over the railing too.

The interior of Unfound is a lot different than the sleek, polished finish of the outside walls; the inside is very much a nit-and-grit Dustkeeper base. That said, it's something you've come to expect of the Dustkeepers; they seem like the ones who fancy practicality.

Crates and stalls are set up all over the place while Dustkeepers move about. There are restaurants with unappealing-but-nutritious looking food, shops with objects for sale that you can't make head-over-tails of what they are, and even a circle of people sitting around one who's playing a guitar.

Your image of who the Dustkeepers were was 100% accurate.

You continue down the catwalk and get to a very long set of winding stairs that lead down to the floor of the room. When you get to the bottom, you see a lone man in a gas mask and hood leaning on a crate nearby. Taking in a deep breath, you decide to begin your socializing.

“Hello there,” you say, waving your hand. He looks your way, tilting his head a little in curiosity.

“Hello,” he greets back, unleaning himself from the crate he was against.

“I'm looking for Connel Xuan. Do you know where I might find him?”

The man pauses for a moment before giving a very slight nod. “Connel, huh? He's likely on level C—two floors down.”
>>
File: nettie.jpg (67 KB, 426x636) Image search: [Google]
nettie.jpg
67 KB, 426x636
>>44410439
“Thanks,” you nod, giving him a smile. He gives a wave back and you depart with your group. You see both Ley'ra and Comet curiously eyeing everything they possibly can, earning a small laugh from you. “What do you guys think?”

Ley'ra almost snaps out of her stupor, looking to you. “I've never seen anything like it, really.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. It seems like they all know each other,” she says, regarding two masked mercs doing a weird dance by the bar nearby.

“I like it,” Comet mumbles, looking at a rather large store in the corner of the room close to you. You look in that direction to see a large number of weaponry and gear on shelves and racks. What's more, there's a very short masked person who's standing behind the store's counter.

You look both directions, but yeah, that person's the only one manning the store. Curiously, you walk up to the counter, Ley'ra and Comet close behind.

>”I'd like to see what you have for sale,” you say, being respectful to not point out this person's height disorder.
>”Where are your parents?”
>Write in.
>>
>>44410465

>”I'd like to see what you have for sale,” you say, being respectful to not point out this person's height disorder
>>
>>44410465
>"Hey kid, whatya got for trade?"
>>
>>44410465
>”I'd like to see what you have for sale,” you say, being respectful to not point out this person's height disorder.
>>
>>44410465
Best option.
>>
>>44410465
>>”I'd like to see what you have for sale,” you say, being respectful to not point out this person's height disorder.
>>
>>44410465
”I'd like to see what you have for sale,” you say, being respectful to not point out this person's height disorder.

“You're not gonna ask about my height?” the little girl asks, her voice catching you off guard. She looks up to you.

“No, but I was pointedly avoiding doing it,” you say, looking down at her. She comes up to about your waist.

“What about my parents?”

“I think that would be rude.”

“It would've.”

“I won't lie, I'm pretty curious,” you say, eyeing around the store. You're a little confounded right now. Really, there's a flamethrower on the shelf behind her.

“They're dead.”

“I meant the whole kid-manning-a-weapons-store thing, but that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear.”

“It's okay, I didn't really know them.”

“Are you trying to make me depressed?”

“No.” She looks down to something behind the counter and she bends down to pick it up. She comes up and hands you a piece of paper. On it reads, “10k credit discout at Nettie's”.

“I'm gonna guess you're Nettie?”

“That's me.” Before you can absorb the situation, she grabs the base of her gas mask and lifts it up while pulling down her hood, revealing wide, green eyes on slightly tanned skin topped with dark brown hair. “Are you from space?”

“I am.”

“Cool.”

>Wallet: 105,000 credits + 10,000 from Nettie's discount voucher.
>>
File: dustkeeper market.png (1009 KB, 1408x1578) Image search: [Google]
dustkeeper market.png
1009 KB, 1408x1578
>>44410665
And I forgot the shop image.

Dinner break, be back in 30.
>>
>>44410665
Wonder how Comet is taking that, this is a pretty strange conversation
>>
>>44410683
I'd want two drones, please.
A crate of Plasma Sticky, too.
>>
>>44410683
Is the ship pastebin up to date? Didn't we get a tank on that last mission?

Also does anyone remember if we have some particularly pressing void in our arsenal?
>>
>>44410683
Buy the Wastelander Armor, C 2911 and Ogoun M31.
>>
Maybe we should contemplate getting Comet an outfit she won't stand out as much, too...
>>
>>44410842
The wastelander armor might help with that.
>>
>>44410771
My bad. It is up to date, except the tank. I'll update it when I get back.
>>
>>44410683
Can we sell some of the equipment that we might not be using, or trade it in for value?
>>
>>44410683
... I want a mech. Might not be a good purchase but I want it. Also wasteland armor for comet might be good and a Frill would be interesting for Comet too.
>>
>>44410683
looking at the sheet Comet is really under equipped so I think Wastelander armor is a must and either the Frill or the Ogoun for a weapon since if I remember correctly she has an affinity for energy weapons and maybe mana in particular.
>>
>>44410771
Paste has been updated for the tank.

>>44410925
Yup, you can sell equipment for 1/5th the price at any store. Just ask here if you need to know the price of a certain item.
>>
>>44410683
Proposed purchases:

Wastelander Armour (for Comet) - 20k
H "Frill" (for Comet) - 80k

Wallet after purchase: 15,000 credits

>Confirm?
>>
>>44411278
Confirm
>>
>>44411278
Confirmed.
>>
>>44411278
confirmed
>>
>>44411278
Confirmed, and welcome back
>>
>>44411278
Confirmed.

“Thank you for your business,” Nettie says, smiling.

“Thank you, Nettie,” you respond, picking up the large Herald-tech gun in your hands. “This thing's huge; are you sure you can use it, Comet?”

“I think so,” Comet responds, coming up beside you while eying the weapon. “I can see how it works.”

“You can?” you ask, holding the weapon out for her to grab. She hesitates for a moment before taking it into her own hands. You're surprised to see her begin to stroke the bottom of the gun barrel gently, as if cooing a cat.

“I've handled similar weapons at my facility,” she answers, looking up to you. Her blue eyes are full of innocent sincerity.

“I'll hold you to it,” you say, turning back to the counter. Nettie hands you the Wastelander outfit, which is essentially a rather baggy hooded cloak with some protection around the midsection and legs. Perfect for concealing Comet's experimental suit thing.

“That is for me?” Comet asks, and you nod.

“You can put it on when we get to the ship.” You turn to Nettie. “Can you get this to our ship?”

“Yeah,” she answers, taking back the outfit. “Do you want me to send the gun, too?”

You look to Comet, but she looks pretty attached to the gun. Turning back to Nettie, you shake your head.

“Suit yourself,” she shrugs.

“Thanks again, Nettie.”

“No problem.”

You turn to leave, but you see Ley'ra curiously looking over the Herald weapon as well, biting her lower lip.

“What do you think, Ley'ra?” you ask her.

“I've never seen one this close,” she answers, not taking her eyes off of it. “Looks scary.”

“I agree.”

>Go to level C to find Connel Xuan.
>Head back to the ship and get Comet suited up.
>Continue exploring the base.
>Browse the Dustkeeper market.
>Browse for contracts.
>>
>>44411487
>>
>>44411487
>>Go to level C to find Connel Xuan.
>>Head back to the ship and get Comet suited up.

forward onto plot
>>
>>44411487
>>Head back to the ship and get Comet suited up.
Probably for the best to be sure.
>>
>>44411487
>Browse for contracts.
>>
>>44411487
>Browse for contracts.
>>
>>44411487
“Okay, let's head back to the ship and get you fitted up, Comet,” you say, nodding to your two companions. “Then we'll head straight for Connel. Don't want to attract too much attention with your... suit.”

“Understood,” Comet responds while Ley'ra nods in agreement.

After all three of you wave goodbye to Nettie, you head up back to your ship from where you came. You almost groan, having to climb back up the tall, winding stairs, but you make it through eventually.

When you get back to the ship, a small box is already resting by the foot of the ramp to your ship. How Nettie got it there so quickly is beyond you.

“Go get fit, Comet. We'll wait out here,” you say, earning a nod from her. Comet picks up the box and walks into the ship. Ley'ra watches her until she disappears.

“Are you sure it's a good idea to bring her along?” she asks, concerned.

“It's her decision. Besides, I kind of want to see how she'll do,” you answer. “We just have to look after her, okay?”

“Okay.”

You bring up your smart-ring and browse the Dustkeeper's intranet, navigating to the contracts section. For a society that's practically built from lone wanderers who're likely to love contracts, you're a little disappointed to find only two contracts available.

“Gavin?” Ley'ra asks, and you look up to see her with a slight smile on her small lips.

“Yeah, Ley'ra?”
>>
>>44411929
“Thank you,” she mumbles, bowing her head slightly. “For bringing me to the Legion. And for bringing Sya'ra.”

“It's no problem, Ley'ra. It turned out interesting, so it was a good call.”

“Okay,” she says quietly, almost to herself.

>"Mana Courser"
Rewards: 200k cr
Factoon: Society of Dustkeepers
"I will need some help going outside into Lmicht. I need to recover a valuable artifact not too far from Unfound."

>"Can't Be Bothered"
Rewards: 70k cr
Faction: Society of Dustkeepers
"I need some crates delivered to my store from level B, but they haven't come yet."

>Accept a contract, you could use the credits. You're only at 15k.
>Don't accept any for now, you have other priorities.
>>
>>44411954
>>Accept a contract, you could use the credits. You're only at 15k.
>>
>>44411954
>Accept a Contrac, you could use the credits. You're only at 15k.
>Accept "Can't be Bothered."
We need the cash.
>>
>>44411983
Pick one, kind anon. Or both.
>>
>>44411983
>>"Can't Be Bothered"

>>44412014
my bad i forgot to
>>
>>44411954
Accept both. Maybe we'll be rewarded the artifact, too.
>>
>>44411954
>Accept both
>>
>>44411954
>Accept a contract, you could use the credits. You're only at 15k.
Accept both
>>
from here on out dustkeepers are now cartoons

>Factoon: Society of Dustkeepers
>>
There's only two contracts, but you decide to nab them both. You need all the credits you can get.

Footsteps alert you to Comet coming down the ramp, and you're pleased to see her wearing her new Wastelander outfit. It does a good job at hiding her weird suit, but you still can't help but see her as... different.

“Looking good,” you comment, earning a bashful blush from Comet.

“Thanks,” she responds, smiling.

“We've just got two more contracts to do,” you say, regarding both girls with a nod. “One's just a simple delivery job, here in Unfound. It's for Nettie.”

“I didn't know my parents, either,” Comet remarks, innocently.

“I don't think Nettie's a good impression on you, Comet,” you say, earning a giggle from Ley'ra. “But yeah, the second one's another combat mission, I think. Probably more like infiltration—we're going into Lmicht city to recover some sort of artifact. I suspect it'll be pretty dangerous.”

“Okay,” Ley'ra answers, and Comet curiously nods.

“That said, let's get the current contract finished first.”

The three of you leave your ship; it doesn't seem like anyone's home. Maybe Pete's still in his room.

You walk back down the stairs and catwalks again until you find yourself in front of Nettie's shop again. The flamethrower is now gone, somebody presumably having bought it.

“So, I understand you have a contract,” you say, leaning against the counter.

“I do,” Nettie answers, simply.

“What exactly do we have to do?” you ask.

“Bring me some crates from level B.”

“Can't you do that yourself?”

“No. Do you think a little girl like me can lift crates of ammo?”

“Probably not, but you got our delivery to our ship before we even got there, somehow.”
>>
>>44412314
“I got Robby to do it.”

“Can't you get Robby to do this?”

“Do you want the credits?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay. The crates are in storage room B-173. I only need the four crates marked with 'O7-12'.”

“Sounds simple enough,” you say, turning away from Nettie.

>Go to level B and get Nettie's crates.
>Call one of your other crew members, maybe they're free to do it while you go meet Connel.
>Go meet Connel first, do Nettie's contract after.
>>
>>44412328
>Go to Level B and get Nettie's crates.
>>
>>44412328
>>Go to level B and get Nettie's crates.
>>
>>44412328
Nettie's level of snark has won me over.
>>
>>44412328
>>
>>44412328
>Call one of your other crew members, maybe they're free to do it while you go meet Connel.
>>
>>44412328
>>Call one of your other crew members, maybe they're free to do it while you go meet Connel.
>>
>>44412328

What's the worst that could happen? I mean, what could possibly go wrong? It sounds like a total milk run.
>>
>>44412328
“Alright, let's get to this,” you say, leaving with your two companions.

You pass by the circle of Dustkeepers who are all standing and sitting around one who's playing a guitar. A relaxing melody plays and they all look content with resting there; no doubt these are all exhausted Dustkeepers who just need a place to relax after a long day of exploring the depths of what you've interpreted as a hellhole. Comet stares at them curiously, trying to understand the camaraderie that's so potent in the air.

Several stores with shelves of items with unimaginable uses pass you by, and it takes all your willpower to not poke at some of them. You almost have to physically pull Ley'ra away from one store that sold weird squishy blobs of green stuff shaped into cats.

The stairwell to the lower levels finally comes into your view, and you enter without hesitating. You knew you were on level A, so you only had to go down two more flights of stairs. That said, the floors in the base were pretty large, so the stairway down to level B found you moderately exhausted.

This floor looks like a tall-and-wide warehouse, too. However, temporary walls are set up all around the floor, creating hallways for you to walk down. Doors line the walls with similar identification numbers to the one you're supposed to go for.

After getting lost (only once, this time), you find yourself in front of a door marked B-173. It's unlocked—you suspect that the Dustkeepers here trust each other enough to leave their things like this. That or maybe Nettie just forgot to lock this storage room.

You open the door to reveal a wide room full of identical metal crates. Thankfully, they're all marked with codes, so you navigate your way to the ones marked “O7-12”. Sure enough, there are four of them.
>>
>>44412850
“Can you each carry one?” you ask your companions, and they both nod. Both Ley'ra and Comet sling their rifles over their backs and bend down to pick one of the crates up by their handles. Thankfully, it seems like they can each manage one. You're pretty sure Ley'ra works out, but as for Comet... you'll dismiss it as space magic.

Bending down to pick one up yourself, you're surprised to find how heavy they really are. The weight almost causes you to slump, but while in front of the two girls, you try to keep a straight face. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop Ley'ra from laughing.

“Hey, let's carry the fourth together,” she suggests, bending down to grip the fourth crate's handle. You do too, and thankfully the handle is just large enough for both of you to grasp.

“Thanks, Ley'ra. This was an easy 70k.”

“Yup.”

The three of you make the long journey back to level A. You're a little embarrassed in having to stop the trek once you finally cleared the stairs, needing a breather. Though, you see Comet and Ley'ra needed one too. These crates are heavy.

When you finally make it back to Nettie's store, you see the girl is now two feet taller.

“Hold on, when did you go through puberty?” you ask through your exhausted breaths.

“You guys took too long.” She steps off of the stool she was on and gestures for you to bring the crates behind the counter. After all three of you put them down, you wipe your brow of sweat.

“You're paying us 70k to haul crates?” you ask, catching your breath.
>>
>>44412866
“No, Robby is,” she says, proceeding to bring up a holo-screen from her smart-ring.

“Tell Robby we said thanks.”

“I will.”

“I'm joking. Keep it to your agenda, please.”

“If you insist.”

A ping alerts you to the credit transfer. You're not sure what to think about it, but you don't really care.

That's when you notice that the flamethrower is now back on the shelf behind Nettie. Or, maybe it's a new one. You've given up trying to make sense of any of it at this point.

New contact: Nettie
Approval: 7/10
Faction: Society of Dustkeepers

>Ask her about Connel Xuan and your upcoming contract. What can you expect in the depths of the Unfound facility?
>Ask her about Faulka LaCroix and your other contract. What's in Lmicht city?
>Leave to go find Connel.
>Leave to go find Faulka.
>>
>>44412890
>Ask her about Connel Xuan and your upcoming contract. What can you expect in the depths of the Unfound facility?
>>
>>44412890
>>
>>44412890
>>Ask her about Connel Xuan and your upcoming contract. What can you expect in the depths of the Unfound facility?
>>Ask her about Faulka LaCroix and your other contract. What's in Lmicht city?
Might as well fish the spooky girl for intel
>>
>>44412890
>>Ask her about Connel Xuan and your upcoming contract. What can you expect in the depths of the Unfound facility?
>>Ask her about Faulka LaCroix and your other contract. What's in Lmicht city?
Then
>>
>>44412890
Can we adopt her?
>>
>>44412986
Or hire her as our logistics and armory master.
>>
>>44412890
>>
>>44412890
“Nettie, we're going to be accompanying Connel in some sort of mission that'll take us into the depths of Unfound,” you explain, leaning against the counter. Nettie does the same, though she's comically shorter than you. Off to your left, you see both Ley'ra and Comet watching a Dustkeeper cart in some sort of crate, curiously. Both of them have a bit in common, now that you think about it. “What can you tell me about him or the facility?”

“Connel? He's pretty cool,” Nettie answers. “Guy keeps us all safe from the mutants. Stick with him and follow his orders, and you'll be fine. But yeah, watch out for the mutants. They usually attack in packs, or swarms if they're the smaller ones like the anklebiters or the slugs.”

“Anklebiters? Slugs?” you ask, confounded.

“Anklebiters are like dogs with no front legs, but a mouth shaped like an ex.”

“...Sounds gross.”

“They are.” Her right eye twitches slightly in disgust. “Slugs are like slugs, but they're the size of dogs and move faster than you can run.”

“You're not really painting a pleasant picture, Nettie.”

“I'm just telling the truth. Okay, to be fair, they're more like cat-sized and I don't run very fast since I'm a little girl.”

“That's your excuse for everything.”

“What do you want me to do, Gavin?” She straightens her back in defiance.

“Nothing, go on.”

“Anyways, if I were to name all the kinds of mutants, we'd be here for hours.”

“Isn't there a catalog or something?”

“Very cute, Gavin.”

“Didn't hurt to try.” You bring yourself off the counter and stretch, your arms still sort of aching from bringing the heavy crates over.

“Just be fast with your gun. I mean, I've been down there a few times.”

“I'm surprised they let you.”

“I'm gonna brush that off. I hope you get eaten by a stalker.”

“Do I wanna know what that is?”
>>
>>44413389
“Probably. I mean, you're going down there and all.” She rubs her cheek a little. “Basically, if you see a stalker, you're probably fucked.”

“Should you be using that language?”

“It's saved my life, believe it or not.”

“Okay.” You bring up your holo-screen from your smart-ring and browse to your contracts. “How about this Faulka LaCroix? She's our next contact, and she wants to take us into Lmicht.”

“Hmm...” She leans her head against her right arm, elbow against the counter. “So, have you been to Frundt city?”

“Yes, we just came from there. Had a few contracts with the Cerberus Legion.”

“Okay—by the way, if you know a Sya'ra, tell her to stop messaging me.” You cautiously blink at that and remain silent. “Anyways, picture Frundt city with its killer robots.”

She stares at you for a few seconds in silence before you realize she's waiting for you to say something.

“Okay, I'm picturing it,” you answer.

“Now, picture those killer robots and mutants fighting to the death in an endless battle.”

“I don't think that's very nice.”

“It's pretty cool, but that's basically Lmicht.”

“Seriously?”

“No, not really. It's actually pretty quiet out there last I heard, but there are killer robots and killer mutants. You'll be fine.”

“Thanks. I'll take your word for it, Nettie.”

“Come back in one piece, Gavin.”

“We'll try.”

>Leave to go find Faulka.
>>
>>44413403

Let's get this show on the road.
>>
>>44413403
would like to fight some mutants before we have to fight both mutants and robots.
>>
>>44413403
We did accept his contract first.
>>
>>44413403
>>
>>44413403
>>
>>44413403
>>Leave to go find Connel.
>>
File: faulka.jpg (1 MB, 917x1051) Image search: [Google]
faulka.jpg
1 MB, 917x1051
>>44413403
“See you, Nettie. Wish us luck.” As you turn to leave, you hear Nettie begin to whistle Space Oddity while beginning to sort through the crates you brought her. Both Ley'ra and Comet look to you, and you nod to them as you leave.

You pass by the circle with the person playing the guitar again, but it seems he's stopped. Instead, all the Dustkeepers there are just idly chatting while eating various foods. Wanting to get the contract under way, you quickly lead your companions to the stairs leading down the facility.

Emerging into floor C, you find yourself at the end of a large hallway lined with doors. This floor isn't very high, but it reminds you very much of the office floor at Freeport where you got lost on your way to meet Tera.

The hallway is relatively empty, save for a hooded woman walking your way. Remembering that you don't know where to look, you wave to her before she passes you by.

“Hi,” you greet, smiling.

“Hi,” she greets back, a metal mask covering her mouth. Surprisingly, you can hear her just fine

“Do you happen to know where we'll find Connel Xuan?” you ask.

“Oh, him,” she answers with a little bitterness. Seeing your slight concern, she clears her throat. “Yeah, he's in his office, C-308.”

“Thanks.”

The woman leaves your group and you make your way towards (you think) C-308. After only getting lost one and a half times, you find the room. However, before entering, you turn to Comet.

>Be straightforward and tell Connel of your situation with Comet. You did come to Unfound to find answers.
>Don't mention anything about Comet's case, you can do that later.
>Ask Comet what she thinks.
>>
>>44413659
>>
>>44413659
>>Ask Comet what she thinks.
>>
>>44413659
>>Ask Comet what she thinks.
>>
>>44413659
>>
>>44409631
AAAHHHHHAHAHAHH HE'S BACK!
>>
>>44413659
You can already hear voices from inside, though it sounds more like someone talking through comms rather than in person.

“Comet, we're about to meet with the Dustkeeper leader, I think,” you say, eying the door. Doesn't look like Dustkeepers have ranks. “Do you want me to tell them about our... situation?”

It takes a moment for Comet to get what you're saying. “You mean, me?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh.” She looks off to the side for a bit, bowing her head a little.

“We can wait, instead. It's up to you.”

“Okay, let's... let's wait,” she says, meeting your eyes again.

“Alright.” You nod your head in understanding. “After the mission?”

“After sounds good.”

“No pressure, Comet.”

Taking a deep breath in, you knock on the door. A moment passes with no response other than the idle talking from inside, but after a quick glance to Ley'ra to your right, you hear a raised voice call you in.

“Come in,” it says, the voice strong and loud. Entering the office, you come to a familiar sight of a desk opposite of two sofa chairs with a large office chair behind the desk. This time, a man clad in expensive-looking gear has his right hand pressing something behind his right ear, presumably as he speaks with someone on his comms. He gestures to you with a finger to remain silent, and that he's almost done his conversation.

“Alright. Alright. Yes, the situation was taken care of.” He rolls his eyes. “Who? Sorry, My'hra, I've got guests. I'll talk to you later.” He presses the thing behind his ear once and then slumps in his chair, sighing. “Sorry. What can I do for you?”
>>
File: connel.jpg (263 KB, 433x705) Image search: [Google]
connel.jpg
263 KB, 433x705
>>44414098
“My'hra?” you ask, quirking an eyebrow.

“Hey, don't look at me. She keeps calling me,” he says, raising his arms to prove his innocence.

“Hmm... so, she has a crush,” Ley'ra remarks, nodding her head in thought as she scratches her chin.

“No! I didn't ask for this,” the man falters, holding the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index. “What do you need?”

“Uh, we're here for the contract you put up,” you answer, stepping forward.

“So you're our backup?” he beams, sitting up on his chair. You nod your head. “Fantastic. How many people have you got?”

>Yourself. It'd be pretty uninteresting if you didn't attend.
>Ley'ra, she's a given.
>Comet, she's already promised to come along.
>Sya'ra, she's your other combat expert.
>Viktor, he knows his way around in combat.
>Beth, a medic would probably be very handy to have.
>Troy, you'll never know if you find anything useful down in the Unfound depths.
>Ivan. If anyone can keep on their toes, it's him, surprisingly.
>Pete, there's undoubtedly some computer systems he could look into down there.
>>
>>44414118

>Ley'ra, she's a given.
>>
Sorry, I'm going to take another short interlude of about 20-30 minutes.

I'll be here all night.
>>
>>44414118
>Ley'ra, she's a given.
>Ivan. If anyone can keep on their toes, it's him, surprisingly.

Doesn't Ivan want to join the Dustkeepers?
>>
>>44414178
I second this.
>>
>>44414118
>Ley'ra, she's a given.
>Viktor, he knows his way around in combat.

Solid fireteam
>>
>>44414118
>Every one unless he advises a smaller group.
>>
>>44414160
Bring a drone so Pete can scout/cover/do hackers things if possible, we still have the drones yes?
>>
>>44413007
This. I want Nettie on our crew.
>>
>>44414178
He wants to become one. Remember that it's more of a title than a group... even though it sort of seems like one.
>>
>>44414118
>Ley'ra, she's a given.
>>
>>44414118

>Ley'ra, she's a given.
>Ivan. If anyone can keep on their toes, it's him, surprisingly
>>
>>44414178
This
>>
Back and writing.
>>
>>44415033
post anytime now...
>>
>>44414118
“We're bringing six, including us three,” you answer, earning a nod from him.

“Good. I'm not gonna lie, that's more than I expected,” he answers, getting up from his seat while extending a hand. “I'm sure you already know this, but I'm Connel, by the way.”

“Gavin Ashworth. Pleasure to meet you,” you shake his hand. You note that Comet looks at the gesture curiously. “Should we bring less?”

“No, that's fine. A fireteam of six is perfect, actually,” he explains while walking around the desk to your side.

“This is Ley'ra,” you introduce, gesturing to the girl in question. She shakes his hand, and then you gesture to Comet. “And this is Comet.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” he repeats, extending his hand to Comet. You're a little relieved to see her extend her hand without hesitating, shaking his. Seems like she's not used to these small gestures. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like Connel has noticed.

“So, what are you guys? Mercs?” he asks, walking past you to a tall cabinet which he opens. He pulls out what seems to be a large map on paper, bringing it over to his desk.

“You can say that,” you answer, watching him as he goes back to his side of the desk. “We're kind of a mix-and-match between different...” You pause to think. “Bodies of interest.”

“Such is the life of us Dustkeepers,” he laughs at that. “I imagine you know what we're up against?”

“Not specifically, but I have asked around,” you answer, trying not to think too much about the conversation with Nettie.

“Are you up for it?” he asks, leaning against the table while looking up at you.

“I believe we are. I think we'll be safe with our two Cerberus girls.”

“Cerberus? The Legion?” he asks, looking at your companions. “Interesting. I was hoping not to resorting to asking Captain My'hra for help, but I guess the help came to me.”

“Yeah. Ley'ra here is one of them,” you acknowledge. She gives a little wave.
>>
>>44415611
“Interesting,” he says, looking down to the map. The letters 'AA' appear at the top right corner of the page, and the map seems to be the interior of a facility, likely the area you're going to be heading to. “Please tell Myh'ra to stop calling me.”

“I'll try,” you chuckle.

“So, you're all aware of the mutant menace we're going through,” he explains, looking around the room at each of you. “I'm sure you all know that we're going to be hitting them hard this time. Specifically, a hive of theirs that's been giving us trouble for some time. Problem is, I need all the men and women I can get to lead in the assault across three floors of the Unfound facility.”

“Three floors?” you gawk.

“Three floors. 89 of us in total, 95 with you six.”

“And I assume we'll be heading with the group going to this floor?” you ask, pointing down to the 'AA' map. You lean on the table as well, noting that it's mostly just one long, twisting hallway with some alternative passageways.

“Not exactly. You -are- the group going to this floor.”

“What?” You blink.

“Yes. Six of you on this floor, plus myself.” He looks up to you again. “The other 88 are going to floors AB and AC.”

“Hold on, how far down are these floors?”

“Floor AA comes after Z,” he says with a smirk. “And we're on floor B now, right?”

“Holy shit.”

“You don't sound like you're confident enough about this,” he remarks, his deep voice dripping with concern.

“No, this is just a lot of information to take in. We're still up for it.”

“Good to hear.” He turns back down to the map.

“But why only seven of us?” you ask, looking to the map as well. Ley'ra and Comet lean against the desk beside you.

“Not gonna lie, I wasn't going to make randoms just team up with our assault teams. Not that I don't like you guys, I just thought it'd be sufficient enough to give you guys the independent task.”
>>
>>44415632
“So the other 88 are your main assault teams, then.”

“That they are, and they'll be handling the brunt of the mutants. We'll be on floor AA.”

“Doing what, exactly?”

You watch as Connel traces his finger across the main passageway of floor AA. “We won't be without our own fights. Truth is, I think there'll be some toughies on this floor, which is why I'm grateful that we've got some good combat experience on deck for this.” His finger stops at a large room that the passageway ends at, and he begins to circle the area. “This is our target, and it's be one of their smaller hives.”

“Should I be relieved?” you ask, eyeing the wide room. You're not sure you want to find out what's in there, but you're going there eventually.

“Actually, yes. This is the hive where they spawn their stalkers.”

>”I'm having second thoughts about this. Can't we join the main assault?”
>”I heard that these stalkers are a pain. Will we be able to deal with them?”
>”I think this is a little too intensive of a contract for a group like ours.”
>>
>>44415658
>>
>>44415658
>>
>>44415658
>>
>>44415658
>>”I heard that these stalkers are a pain. Will we be able to deal with them?”
>>
>>44415658

Alright. Now we definitely need to somehow find a moment to say "Get out of here Stalker."
>>
>>44415658
Can we add more members of our crew?
>>
Was wondering why there wasn't a thread, people were caught up in THIS cancer.
>>
>>44415658
”I heard that these stalkers are a pain. Will we be able to deal with them?” you ask, concerned.

“Someone tell you a ghost story about em?” he asks back, standing up from the table.

“Nettie, one of the shopkeeps from here. Said they're a bit of a problem,” you explain, choosing to not repeat her exact words.

“Nettie, huh? Tough girl, for an eleven year old. She's not all that wrong, though. Stalkers are a bit of a problem, but they bleed like the rest of us. Nothing a few bullets can't deal with.”

“I somehow doubt they're as un-scary as you make them seem,” you chuckle nervously.

“Just shoot the shadows, that's all I can tell you. You'll see for yourself.”

“You're going up against these stalkers with people you've never met before,” you point out, looking around the room.

“Actually, I was gonna go with some of my vanguard instead,” he admits, rolling up the map. “After hearing that you have Cerberus soldiers, I'm definitely taking you along with me.”

“You just made that decision on a whim?”

“Yeah.” He stuffs the rolled up map into one of his back pockets. “You go to Frundt city?”

“We did,” you say, remembering your battle there. “Had a whole last-stand sort of thing in tanks against a horde of rogue drones.”

“Neat. If you can kill robots, you can kill mutants.”

“I don't think that's a really fair comparison.”

“Not all too different actually, especially with stalkers.” He begins to walk towards the door, gesturing for you to follow. He opens it and lets you and your companions leave the room. “Except the flesh versus metal part. Is that all the information you need? I'll probably do a more detailed briefing before we head down as a group.”

“For now, I think it's enough to let my team know. Thanks, Connel,” you say, giving him a little bow of your head.
>>
>>44416034
“Go and get your team together and meet me down in floor D in thirty minutes,” he says, closing the door and locking it with a key. Turns out that they actually do lock their doors, here.

“Where will you be?” you ask as he turns to walk down the opposite side of the hallway.

“Getting the team together. We're moving out as soon as we can.”

“Damn, you can assemble them that quick?” you ask, but he's turned a corner before he could hear.

“We once had to fend off a snow worm invasion with only five minutes notice,” Ley'ra remarks.

“Snow worms?”

“Big worms.” Ley'ra visibly shivers, even though it wasn't that cold. “We didn't stay on that planet for very long.”

“That sounds like an interesting story,” you say, guiding her and Comet down the hallway back to the stairwell.

“They would eat your skin first by slurping it off with their hyper-friction tongues, then liquefy your insides to drink.”

“Ley'ra, I think this is a story for another time.”

“Well, that's what we were told. None of us actually got eaten, though.”
>>
>>44416053
>Time to select your loadouts. Each person may only carry 6 grenades.

>Arsenal:
1x C 2911 (handgun, kinetic)
1x Bandit-12 (revolver, kinetic)
1x Burial M55 (rifle, kinetic)
1x AS-12/45 (shotgun, kinetic)
1x Devil's Kiss (PDW, plasma)
1x Espingarda Model 80 (shotgun, kinetic)

13x Flash-bangs
7x Hi-ex Grenades
3x EMP Grenades
15x Breacher Grenades
15x Frag Grandes

5x Bulletproof Vest
1x Full-body Tactical

>You
Armour: Infantry
Weapons: The Ivan (rifle, kinetic), .362 Deputy (revolver, kinetic)
Grenades: 1 Frag, 2 EMP, 1 Hi-ex

>Name: Ley'ra Laur
Weapons: EVI AR (rifle, kinetic), FD17 Daybreak (pistol, kinetic), Hail-92 (light machine gun, kinetic)
Grenades: 3 Frags, 2 EMP, 1 Hi-ex

>Name: "Comet"
Armour: Experimental Federation Suit, Wastelander
Weapons: H "Frill"
Grenades: None

>Name: Sya'ra Degala
Weapons: H23 (rifle, kinetic), Bandit-12 (revolver, kinetic), Explody Thing (rocket launcher, explosive)
Grenades: None

>Name: Ivan Chesnikov
Armour: Survivalist
Weapons: The Ivan (rifle, kinetic), Burial M55 (scoped rifle, kinetic)

>Name: Bethany Parks
Armour: Full-body Tactical
Weapons: Ogoun M31 (shotgun, plasma), Sabre 6 (pistol, plasma), .362 Snub Lawmaker (revolver, kinetic)
>>
>>44416076
We'll be mostly in close quarters right? Maybe we should switch out rifles for shotguns?
>>
>>44416135
good idea. i'd have at least two people have rifles just in case though
>>
>>44416135
Yeah, give Sya'ra one of the shotguns, the 12/45 probably, and we take the Model 80. We're both at the front so we'll handle them when they get close. Those behind us can get rifles, perferably machine guns and any LMGs too.
>>
>>44416076
anyone who named their rocket launcher "Explody Thing" deserves some grenades. Also I agree with switching out for a shotgun for us and maybe Ivan.
>>
>>44416076
The grenade loadout needs to be changed, since we're fighting mutants, not robots.Something along the lines of:
>2 frags
>2 flashbangs
>1 Hi-Ex or Breacher

Give Comet the C2911
If possible, buy a FD39 Echo for us to use, and a crate of incendiaries
Swap Ivan's Burial for the AS-12/45
>>
>>44416076
>Proposed loadout:

>Arsenal:
1x C 2911 (handgun, kinetic)
1x Bandit-12 (revolver, kinetic)
2x Burial M55 (scoped rifle, kinetic)
1x The Ivan (rifle, kinetic)
1x Devil's Kiss (PDW, plasma)

3x Flash-bangs
4x Hi-ex Grenades
11x EMP Grenades
13x Breacher Grenades
8x Frag Grandes

5x Bulletproof Vest
1x Full-body Tactical

>You
Weapons: Espingarda Model 80 (shotgun, kinetic), .362 Deputy (revolver, kinetic)
Grenades: 3 Frag, 2 Flash-bang, 1 Hi-ex

>Name: Ley'ra Laur
Weapons: EVI AR (rifle, kinetic), FD17 Daybreak (pistol, kinetic), Hail-92 (light machine gun, kinetic)
Grenades: 3 Frags, 2 Flash-bang, 1 Hi-ex

>Name: "Comet"
Armour: Experimental Federation Suit, Wastelander
Weapons: H "Frill" (SMG, mana) ,C 2911 (handgun, kinetic)
Grenades: 3 Frag, 2 Flash-Bang, 1 Hi-ex

>Name: Sya'ra Degala
Weapons: H23 (rifle, kinetic), Bandit-12 (revolver, kinetic), Explody Thing (rocket launcher, explosive)
Grenades: 2 Frag, 2 Hi-ex, 2 Breacher

>Name: Ivan Chesnikov
Armour: Survivalist
Weapons: The Ivan (rifle, kinetic), AS-12/45 (shotgun, kinetic)

>Name: Bethany Parks
Armour: Full-body Tactical
Weapons: Ogoun M31 (shotgun, plasma), Sabre 6 (pistol, plasma), .362 Snub Lawmaker (revolver, kinetic)

>Confirm?
>>
>>44416570
Y
>>
>>44416570
looks good to me
>>
>>44416570
Confirm
>>
>>44416570
Give the 12/45 to Sya'ra and give Ivan a sidearm.
The Mad Roller will be hell to these muties with a shotgun
>>
>>44416076
us = Espingarda Model 80 (shotgun, kinetic)
Ivan Chesnikov = AS-12/45 (shotgun, kinetic)

Grenades: 3 Frag, 2 Flash-bangs, 1 Hi-ex

>>44416401
I don't think Flashbangs will be very effective against mutants.
>>
>>44416570
Yes

You posted that as I was typing up the exact same load out.
>>
>>44416641
idk, it depending on the type of mutant. And it's better than emp grenades atleast.
>>
>>44416628
>>44416641
So we come to an impasse.

Who do we give the full-auto AS-12/45 shotgun to? Sya'ra the Mad Roller, or Ivan the Remover?
>>
>>44416693
I vote Sya'ra
>>
>>44416693
give the russian the shotgun
>>
>>44416693
Ivan
>>
>>44416693
Sya'ra
>>
>>44416693
Ivan Sya'ra will be busy blowing things up Ivan can cover her.
>>
>>44416731
>>44416733
>>44416766
Ivan it is. We're staying with our current loadout.
>>
>>44416570
“Everyone suited up?” you say, regarding your five companions in your ship's arsenal. You slot in the grenades on your remaining bandolier pockets while Ivan checks out his rifle and shotgun

“I hope to put down a lot of beasts with the Ivan,” he says, holding his AS-12/45 up. He aims through the holo-sight while pointing at the ground. “I am looking forward to the spelunking of the Unfound.”

“If that's what you want to call it, Ivan, sure,” you chuckle. “Everyone ready? We've got ten minutes before Connel wants to meet us in floor D.”

“I'm good,” Beth answers, standing by the exit with a restless-looking Comet beside her, a new sidearm fastened to her right hip. Ley'ra walks up to them as well, fully geared.

“Me, too,” Sya'ra says, her shiny H23 rifle in her hands. Her large rocket launcher is slung over her back, though it doesn't look like she's struggling with it.

“Sure hope we'll never have to use that,” you say, eyeing it.

“We have to blow up a mutant hive, right? I'm sure it'll come in handy,” she answers, patting the rocket launcher behind her. Noting the breacher and hi-ex grenades strapped to her, you'll be sure to keep a little distance with her.

“Good point. I have a feeling that Connel's going to bring an answer to that first, though.” With most of your gear ready and fastened, you pick up the Espingarda shotgun on the next table over, loading it with shells from a nearby crate. “So, the plan is for me, Ivan, and Sya'ra to take the front,” you explain with a raised voice. “The rest of you will support us from behind. I don't know much about these stalkers, but I suspect they move fast.”

>Go to Connel. Your fireteam is ready.
>Change up which crew members you want to bring.
>Change your loadout, you're having second thoughts on your equipment.
>>
>>44416910
>>
>>44416910
>>
>>44416910
>Change your loadout, you're having second thoughts on your equipment.
Actually, could we ask Troy to give that specail sniper rifle to Comet? I want to see what it does.
>>
>>44416910
>>
>>44416910
>>
>>44416969
I think Comet seemed really comfortable and attached to her herald tech weapon. Best not to rock her boat too much.
>>
>>44416910
Can we call up Pete to bring in the drones?
>>
>>44416910
>>
>>44416910
Your trek though floor A proved a much different sight than before. The circle of Dustkeepers who had been relaxing has turned into a circle of Dustkeepers preparing for war. Each of them had their own unique getups with all sorts of weaponry strapped to their backs, and judging from the pace of their conversations, they were all ready to fight.

All over the floor, you see Dustkeepers moving more frantically. No doubt that most of these people will be participating in the assault—Connel can sure move people when he wants to.

When you get to floor D, you find yourself not as tired anymore. Perhaps you've gotten used to the long walks down these stairs. Though, your crew don't look like they're exhausted, so you keep your thoughts to yourself.

When you open the door to the floor, you're surprised with the face of Viktor, who is leaving.

“Hi, Viktor.”

“Hello, Gavin,” he greets, regarding each of you. “I could tell you were up to something when the whole base started moving.”

“You could tell that was me?”

“I've seen stranger.” He bows his head as he exits the floor, beckoning you to go in. “I was just obtaining the lens for the particle blaster. I met a good guy who managed to get ahold of one for me. Good luck, and stay safe. All of you.”

“Thanks, Viktor.” You smile as he walks towards the stairway. “Glad to hear you could do something about the particle blaster.”

“No worries, Gavin,” he waves off as he walks up the steps.

You enter the floor proper to find even more Dustkeepers milling about, all of them geared up for the assault. The entire room is essentially one large platform, and on each side of the room is what seems to be extremely large blast doors. One of them is open, revealing a large elevator that presumably takes the Dustkeepers down into the depths.
>>
>>44417284
In one corner of the room, you see a bunch of Dustkeepers clad in heavily-armoured haz-mat suits with what looks like giant fuel tanks strapped to their backs. They're all holding heavy looking flamethrowers. Near them, you see Connel, wearing a smaller tank on his back with the flamethrower strapped to it.

Clutching your shotgun, you walk towards his direction, being mindful not to collide with the Dustkeepers moving about. Your crew follows closely behind.

“How'd you manage to assemble an army of Dustkeepers in thirty minutes?” you ask him after stopping in front of him, dumbfounded while your eyes pan the room.

“Dustkeepers are disciplined to move when we need to. I was amazed at first, too,” he chuckles, looking around as well. “Are you ready?”

“We are.”

“Good. We're going to be the first group heading down, and we'll be taking elevator 5,” he explains, pointing to the relatively smaller elevator door behind him. Not as impressive as the industrial-sized elevators, but you guess that it's more fitting for your fireteam of seven. “I see you're all geared up. Nice hardware, by the way.”

“Thanks. We looted some of this stuff off bandits.”

“Yeesh,” he recoils. “Sounds gruesome.”

“Tell me about it. My drone... malfunctioned and killed them all.”

“It's like you want to give me nightmares,” he defends.
>>
>>44417299
“Speaking of, can we bring personal defence drones? I have a guy who can control them from my ship.”

Connel seems to shudder under his mask; you don't think your drone story helped his case.

“I highly doubt you'll be able to control the drones from 27 floors above through concrete, metal, and other stuff. I wouldn't think they'd be much use in such small corridors, either.”

“They're relatively small. We've used them before.”

“Have you? Well, if you bring them, you're gonna have to be the one controlling them. I think that really defeats the purpose.”

>”I'll bring them along, they can prove really valuable.”
>”It's your mission, so if that's your call, that's fine.”
>>
>>44417348
>>
>>44417348
>>
>>44417348
>>
>>44417348
>>
>>44417348
>>
>>44417348
>>
File: connell.png (203 KB, 165x360) Image search: [Google]
connell.png
203 KB, 165x360
>>44417348
New temporary companion:

Name: Connell Xuan
Approval: 8/10
Alignment: Neutral
Role: Combat
Armour: Pioneer
Weapons: Salamander Or2 (flamethrower), Sharktooth-T751 (rifle, plasma), 2x H56 (auto pistol, kinetic)
Grenades: 3 Frags, 3 Incendiaries

”It's your mission, so if that's your call, that's fine,” you answer, earning a nod from Connell.

“Right. Everything in order? Ready to go?” he asks, pushing the button to open the elevator.

“You kinda just opened the elevator, so I guess,” you point out. Chuckling, he beckons you and your squad in first. Luckily, despite being a much smaller elevator than the other ones, it seems the six of you only take up half the room, even with all your gear.

Connell enters after all of you are inside, then he closes the elevator door behind him. On the right side of the elevator door is a set of three dials rather than a set of buttons, and each dial has each letter of the alphabet. He turns the first two dials to A, and leaves the third one blank.

“Geeze, how many floors are there?” you ask, gawking. The elevator then shakes as it begins to move.

“Theoretically? Thousands.” Your crew remains silent, the thrum of the elevator the only thing permeating the air. “The three floors we're going to is the farthest we've been,” Connell explains, looking up at the ceiling. All of your crew stares at him curiously, Ivan especially. “This push is going to get us through this nest. Then the next several floors will likely be relatively empty of mutants—relatively as in you won't encounter them on every corner. We'll salvage everything we can find until the next nest, and so on into the depths of hell.”

“I won't lie, that sounds pretty badass,” Sya'ra comments.

“Tell me about it. Why do you think 89 Dustkeepers are so eager for this assault?” he chuckles.
>>
>>44417862
Several minutes pass in silence, everybody remaining ominously silent. Even Sya'ra seems a little restless, not even poking Ley'ra like she usually is. Ivan looks strangely calm while also looking on-edge at the same time. This is the life he probably strives for, and you hope he's happy to be a part of it for once.

“Will the other groups attack as soon as we land?” you ask, your voice piercing through the elevator hum. Connel, who's had his head bowed, looks over to you.

“They will. I'm going to send them a ping once we land, and they'll wait twenty minutes before landing themselves.”

“Why such a long delay?”

“When they attack, it's going to rally all the mutants up.” He looks forward again, seeing the digital display at the top of the elevator show the letter 'V'. You're close. “You don't want all the stalkers grouped up at the same place. We have to go in and eliminate as many as we can while they're separated.”

You gulp, nodding your head in tandem with the elevator trembling. You don't even know what they look like, but you sure as hell don't want to see them all in one place at once.

Your whole crew watches as the display changes from 'Y' to 'Z', and the time between 'Z' and 'AA' seems like forever. But before you can brace yourself, the elevator grinds to a halt, and the elevator doors open.

They open to relative darkness. You would've mistaken the corridor in front of you for a rocky cave, but the tiles on the ground alerted you to otherwise. The walls and ceilings were caked with rust, and wires and caved in sections of ceilings and walls meant this was a structure. Depths of hell, indeed.

>Take point.
>Get Sya'ra to take point, she must have the most combat experience out of you minus Ley'ra and maybe Connell.
>Get Ivan to take point, he looks like he wants to prove himself here.
>Get Connell to take point. He's the one who knows the most of this facility.
>>
>>44417879
>Get Sya'ra to take point, she must have the most combat experience out of you minus Ley'ra and maybe Connell.
>>
>>44417879
>>
>>44417879
>Get Ivan to take point, he looks like he wants to prove himself here.
>>
>>44417879
>>
>>44417879
>>Get Connell to take point. He's the one who knows the most of this facility.
>>
>>44417879
>>
>>44417879
“Sya'ra, you take point,” you say to her. She simply nods with an expressionless face—you'd think this is her serious face. She's not a reknown, fearsome fighter for nothing. “I'll be right behind you.”

She steps out of the elevator first, her rifle trained down the relatively long hallway. A very low hum reverberates through the facility, sounding almost like a deep, howling wind.

“I've sent the ping,” Connell says in a somewhat low voice. “Everyone keep tight, and don't get separated. Try not to make too much noise. Stalkers will use that to their advantage.”

You nod to your companions and begin to move forward, yourself behind Sya'ra. It seems like the hallway is wide enough for all seven of you to walk side by side with room to spare. Though, you keep in a single-file line for practical purposes. Connell marches along behind you; you can hear his heavy gear plod about.

It's a little hard to see far, but there are lights in the hallways that illuminate most of the area. Long, rusty pipes line the walls from where you're at, funneling down to the far reaches of the pathway. It doesn't look like it's very far to the first bend.

Sya'ra stops at the corner, her rifle hugged tight to her chest. You stop behind her, and Connell stops behind you. Without hesitating, Sya'ra pops around the corner with her rifle aimed down the next hallway, and you immediately follow.

“Doesn't look like there's much down this hall,” Sya'ra says, not flinching from her practiced form as she walks.

“We likely won't find anything interesting down the main passageway,” Connell explains. “There are a few minor passageways that lead to dead-ends or rooms, but they're probably worth checking out. This floor hasn't been scavenged yet.”

“How do you know so much about it, then?” you ask.

“The map, actually,” he answers, and you hear him pat the rolled-up map in his back pocket. “I've been down here before, but we didn't get very far.”
>>
>>44418293
“How'd you get that map, anywho?”

“Ah. Each floor has a map hidden somewhere. We were lucky to find it in the first room, which is just up ahead.”

You quirk an eyebrow. “This is really starting to sound like a video game.”

“Word,” Sya'ra agrees.

“Don't look at me,” Connell gawks. “Ask the unknown people who designed this monstrous facility.”

“I will when I meet them,” you chuckle.

Eventually, you come to the door to the room Connell talked about. It appears to be a normal office door on the right wall, but it's seemingly the only one in the hallway for awhile. It's a bit eerie that you haven't encountered anything yet, but you're not sure you want to encounter anything.

>Leave the room. It's already been looted by Connell in his last trip here.
>Enter the room. It would be smart to flush out anything that might come from behind, later.
>>
>>44418319
>Enter the room. It would be smart to flush out anything that might come from behind, later.

Best to keep our butts in tact
>>
>>44418319
>Leave the room. It's already been looted by Connell in his last trip here
>>
>>44418319
Breach and clear
>>
>>44418319
>>
>>44418319
>>Enter the room. It would be smart to flush out anything that might come from behind, later.

“I will when I meet them,” you chuckle.
This will bite us in the ass later on...
>>
>>44418319
I'm not sure what these stalker things are but I doubt I want them 'surprise-butt-secs'ing us.
>>
>>44418319
>>
>>44418319
“Let's check it out,” you call, nodding to your team behind you.

“I don't think there'll be anything worthwhile to loot, but it can't hurt to check it out,” Connell laments.

“Do all Dustkeepers think in loot?” you ask.

“Not all, but most of us.”

You pat Sya'ra's shoulder to let her know she can breach.

As silently as possible, she twists the door handle and pulls the door open slightly, pointing her gun into the opening. After presumably determining it's safe, she suddenly pops around the corner and into the doorway, you immediately following her.

You come to a dark, short corridor that leads into a medium-sized room. What seems to be large, broken machinery and boilers or tankers that held liquid lined the far side of the room, but there doesn't appear to be anything significant in the room. Your posture relaxes when you hear Connell let out a small sigh of relief.

“Connell, how much longer until the Dustkeepers begin their assault?” you ask, concerned that you haven't really made any progress.

“Seventeen minutes,” he answers after checking a timer on his gauntlet. “If anything, I can ping them again to delay the attack for another twenty minutes.”

“Okay, that's a relief,” you remark.

“Look what I found,” Sya'ra says, her rifle slung over her back. In her hands are three rather large combat knives. “They even come with sheathes.”

>Give a knife to Sya'ra. Finders keepers.
>Give one to Ley'ra. She's a combat expert so she would probably need one.
>Take one for yourself. When it's not Ley'ra shooting things, it's you shooting things.
>Give one to Comet. Some extra defence is always nice to have.
>Give one to Ivan. Somehow you suspect he's very good with a knife.
>Give one to Connell as a sort of thank-you gift. Also, he loves loot.
>>
File: combat knife.png (179 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
combat knife.png
179 KB, 190x265
>>44418549
Leave it to me to forget the picture again.

We're gonna wrap up this thread soon. It's been long, but good.
>>
>>44418549
>Give one to Comet. Some extra defence is always nice to have.
>>
>>44418549
Sya'ra, Ley'ra, and Ivan.
The dream team
>>
>>44418549
>Take one for yourself. When it's not Ley'ra shooting things, it's you shooting things.
>>
>>44418549
>>
>>44418549

>>
>>44418549
>Give one to Connell as a sort of thank-you gift. Also, he loves loot.
>>
>>44418549
“Neat. Finders keepers, Sya'ra,” you rhyme.

“Cool,” she says, fastening one of the knives to her thigh. “Ley, you want one?”

“Sure,” Ley'ra says, taking a knife from Sya'ra's outstretched arm. She begins to fasten it to her thigh as well.

“How about you, Ivan? For some reason it looks like you're good with a knife,” Sya'ra asks, Ivan chuckling.

“Actually, I was best at darts when I used to work at Talborn station,” he answers. “Except we lost the darts so we started using knives.”

“I think that warrants ownership of one of these,” Sya'ra says, offering the knife. Ivan takes it gingerly, proceeding to strap it to his arm.

Off to the side, you notice Comet who thankfully doesn't look all too out-of-place. She regards you with a smile.

“You doing okay?” you ask, patting her cloaked shoulder.

“I'm okay,” she says, nodding. “I kind of want to see the aliens now.”

“Mutants. We're technically the aliens, Comet.”

“I have always been alien,” Ivan chimes in. “At least to every planet out there.” You chuckle.

“So, how fast are these stalkers?” you ask Connell while your team gets back into formation, readying to leave the room.

“Fast enough that you're better off shooting than running,” he responds, walking behind you as your group begins to move again.

You walk through the small corridor again before Sya'ra gets to the door. With the same procedure as before, she breaches through the door, looking down the left side of the hallway where you came from first before popping back to the right. You follow suit, seeing nothing out of the ordinary in both directions.

“I bet Ley'ra could outrun one,” Sya'ra comments as you begin to move down the hallway again.

“Hmm? Think so?” Connell asks, curiously. “It's not undo-able, but it's certainly hard.

“I don't skip leg day like Sya'ra,” Ley'ra snarks from behind. You guffaw, Ley'ra catching you off guard.
>>
>>44419079
“That was like, once!” Sya'ra hisses.

“Four times,” Ley'ra corrects.

“No fun,” Sya'ra complains. “You need to lift more.”

“But I can lift more than you.”

“With your thighs. They don't call you Thigh-ra for nothing.”

“Tch.” Ley'ra sighs. “You're the only one who calls me that.”

“I might start doing it,” you tease, amused.

“Why?” Ley'ra whines.

“I'm joking,” you chuckle, feeling bad for the girl. Ley'ra sighs again.

“Joking aside, we're coming to the next room soon,” Connell interrupts. Looking ahead, you see another door similar to the previous one.

“Shh,” Sya'ra says, suddenly stopping several meters from the door. She holds out a finger behind her, telling all of you to be quiet.

As silence befalls your group, you begin to hear something coming from the room. It's as if the low frequency humming of the facility sounds intensified from the room within. Connell's hand pats your shoulder, almost startling you from your wits.

“Those are stalkers, alright,” he comments with a very, very low voice. He pats your shoulder twice.

You nod your head slightly.

>Breach the room normally.
>Throw in a flash-bang before breaching.
>Write-in.
>>
>>44419100
>>
>>44419100
>write-in
Ask Connell if flasbang is a good idea.
If yes, then flash it
>>
>>44419100
>>
>>44419173
Supporting
>>
>>44419100
With as low of a voice as you can muster, you whisper, “Flash-bangs?”

At this, Connell nods. “Definitely,” he answers quietly. “In fact, they hate very bright light.

>Write-in.
>>
>>44419227
>>
>>44419227
>>
Changing original vote of >>44419177 to
>>
>>44419227
>>Throw in a flash-bang before breaching.
>>
>>44419249
>>44419265
>>44419273
>>44419274
Please roll a 1d100.
>>
>>44419227
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44419282
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44419282
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44419282
>>
>>44419312
Someone has been keeping up with their sacrifices

>>44419308
unlike me
>>
File: 1441464970363.jpg (72 KB, 548x643) Image search: [Google]
1441464970363.jpg
72 KB, 548x643
>>44419302
>>44419308
>>44419312
>>
>>44419227
Critical pass.

Remembering that Sya'ra has no flash-bangs, you unfasten one from your bandolier and tap Sya'ra's shoulder. She turns around and sees you offering her a flash-bang, which she takes without hesitating.

Gesturing for the rest of you to follow, she quietly tiptoes over to the door, glancing over her shoulders one more time to make sure you're all in place. You give her one more shoulder tap to let her know you're ready, and she proceeds to reach for the doorknob.

You're impressed to find Sya'ra still as stout as ever, despite the slight trembling feeling you have in the back of your neck. You haven't noticed it before, but your heart is pounding, almost to the point of pain. You imagine that the rest of your crew feels more or less the same.

Quickly, Sya'ra practically rips the door open just wide enough for her to toss the pin-less flash-bang through. She slams it and immediately readies herself to breach, as do you.

The boom is heard, and the door visibly shakes from the impact. Despite there being a door between you and the explosion, it was still very loud, almost deafening you yourself. However, you found your senses were still perfectly fine, and you immediately found yourself moving for the doorway, which Sya'ra has already breached.
>>
>>44419489
Adrenaline takes over you and time slows to a crawl. Several shots are let loose from Sya'ra's rifle, and you come up from behind her and point your shotgun towards the opposite side of the room that Sya'ra wasn't facing.

A black lion-sized deformed being comes into view, and its elongated front arms which end in long, sharp blades are covering its head. Its stubby legs that also end in sharp blades are buckled, but the creature seems as though it is stunned from the flash-bang.

Two more similar creatures in similar states of unrest are beyond it against the wall, and a fourth has already seen the receiving end of some of Sya'ra's bullets.

>Throw a grenade (choose type) (+30 to success; flash-bang)
>Fire your shotgun. (+30 to success; flash-bang)
>>
>>44419500
>Throw a grenade (frag)
>>
>>44419500
>>
>>44419500
>Fire your shotgun.
Conserve granade
>>
>>44419500
>>
>>44419500
>>Fire your shotgun. (+30 to success; flash-bang)
>>
>>44419500
>>
>>44419529
>>44419560
>>44419561
>>44419564
Roll a 1d100.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44419579
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>44419579
>>
Rolled 6 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

>>44419579
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>44419579
boom
>>
Rolled 48 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

>>44419579
>>
>>44419607
>>44419618
>>44419619
Geeze.

Also, I'd prefer if you just rolled a 1d100 without modifications. I can calculate the success fine without them.
>>
>>44419646
I was just getting that bad roll out of the way after some one already passed. Yeah, that's the story I'm sticking with. >.>
>>
>>44419500
Pass

You finally pull the trigger on your shotgun, anticipating yourself for the recoil. Your first buckshot lands beautifully, the spread just catching the entire frame of the oversized anorexic knife-lion. The stalker collapses in a black and red bloody heap, one of its long arms getting torn completely off.

After recovering from the recoil, you let loose another shot at one of the stalkers behind it, and your spread hits it just as fine. The second stalker gets slammed into the wall by your pellets, part of its head exploding.

Before you can loose the third shot, a small burst of rapid-fire plasma shots is heard from your left as Connell steps in to tear the third stalker apart. His plasma shots sear into the flesh, boring deep holes into its torso.

The stalker that Sya'ra was in a state similar to the ones you've taken out, slumped to the ground where it was.

Without giving pause, you, Sya'ra, and Connell storm the room with your weapons aimed high, but there appears to be no other stalkers. After the rest of the team joins up with you, you finally take a good look around the room to find several large lockers, large enough to fit two or three people inside.

Ivan walks up to one of the stalkers, prodding it with his shotgun curiously. Comet walks up behind him, eyeing the monstrosity with a wide stare, her Herald SMG held tight between her hands. Beth comes up to her and shakes her head while eyeing the corpse; it's probably not healthy to gawk at such an ugly sight.

“Room's clear,” Connell announces after taking a moment to listen to any noises. He must have some sort of sixth sense for these mutants. “Never been this far in the facility, guys. You're some of the lucky few who gets to delve into the unknown with us.”
>>
File: erinyes.png (88 KB, 190x385) Image search: [Google]
erinyes.png
88 KB, 190x385
>>44419996
“Yeah, tell me about it,” you comment, taking note of the musky stench of the stalker corpses. They have vertical mouths lined with tiny saw-blade like teeth under their 'snouts', and two sharp, ugly white eyes are adorned on their 'foreheads'. You can't help but cringe in disgust; dying by one of these must be horrible. Their claws are long and sharp, and are barbed a their tips.

“Oh... I found something,” Ley'ra calls out. You look up to see her standing in front of one of those large lockers, having opened it.

Inside is a very curious piece of armour, covered in very protective-looking black metal plates. It has a smooth-formed helmet, and also a facemask set with a pair of circular goggles.

“Oh hey, an Erinyes set,” Sya'ra remarks, coming up beside her. “I guess this is where they come from.”

>Ley'ra found it, so she should keep it. She'll probably need it most if she's going to serve as the pointman for most missions.
>Sya'ra could use it. She does the heavy weapons work, so protecting her could be a priority.
>Give it to Ivan. It looks very Dustkeeper like and could be the next step to being one.
>Give it to Comet. You're most concerned with her safety, so she could use the most protective armour.
>You have to protect the medic, so giving it to Beth seems like a good idea.
>Give it to Connell. While it doesn't look like he needs it, he would appreciate the loot.

Note that if you want to equip it on one of them, they'll have to drop their current armour set or give it to another companion (who'll have to drop theirs).
>>
>>44420022
Also, if you want me to provide stats for other armour sets for comparison (since I sort of restatted the armour sets), I can do that.
>>
>>44420022
>Give it to Ivan. It looks very Dustkeeper like and could be the next step to being one.
>>
>>44420022
Ley'ra found it, so she should keep it. She'll probably need it most if she's going to serve as the pointman for most missions.
Jin-roh Ley'ra please.
>>
>>44420022
>Ley'ra found it, so she should keep it. She'll probably need it most if she's going to serve as the pointman for most missions.
I would want something either like this or like Starcraft's Ghost armor for us, but upgrades for the point is priority.
>>
>>44420022
>You have to protect the medic, so giving it to Beth seems like a good idea.
But only for the time being, since I think she has some of the worse armor. We can redistribute gear later.
>>
>>44420022
>>
>>44420022
“As I've said before, finders keepers,” you say. “That said, I do think Ley'ra can utilize this the most.”

“Oh yeah, she will,” Sya'ra agrees. “We each had a set of our own in Yan-Qui squad, but we left them all at our base in Erebus before we escaped the war.”

“You did?” you ask while Ley'ra begins to take some of the gear off of the racks in the locker.

“Yup. I didn't know they came from here,” Sya'ra continues. “Should've known, since the guy we bought them from was a Dustkeeper.”

“Small world,” Connell comments.

---

That's a wrap, everyone. Thanks for playing today, this was a pretty good thread. We hit nearly 11k words, one of the largest threads we've had in awhile.

We'll continue sometime later this week. Likely in the weekend.

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44409631/
>>
>>44420304
Night SDA.
>>
>>44420304
Night OP
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.