[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/exg/ Exalted General - My Sobriquet is of No Significance Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19
File: typical abyssal.jpg (32 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
typical abyssal.jpg
32 KB, 620x310
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Tell us about the most memorable antaonists you faced in your journeys.
>>
>>44390839
Logia, the Ishvara That Is Not. The Ishvara that embodies the fact that she is not an Ishvara, and in so, understood how she could embodies this already true story in a very weird self-referential way.

The only way to defeat her was to create a story strong enough to portent her creation into an Ishvara, thus denying her existence by ensuring she would exist. It involved summoning demons to steal some of her attributes and hiding them in Malfeas, forcing her to save Creation if she wanted to get them back.

Cool time.
>>
>>44389638
Yeah, they're sort of muddled there between it being an innate trick or something you learn. If each Thaumaturge has "an instinct for a single mystic ritual", then why is there an experience cost associated with learning them?

Personally, I'd be happy saying that a given Thaumaturge can learn some number of rituals, but not all of them, and not necessarily the one that the nearest Thaumaturge can teach them. Presumably would-be mentor Thaumaturges can recognise people with the talent required for their specific trick. And naturally, if you're an Exalt with Terrestrial Circle Sorcery then you get to learn all of them because your free Thaumaturgy talent works like a swiss army knife.
>>
File: 1445628660280.jpg (548 KB, 528x1416) Image search: [Google]
1445628660280.jpg
548 KB, 528x1416
What would a METAL GEAR(!? IT CAN'T BE!) be like in Exalted?
>>
>>44391087
>unstoppable superweapon
>applies military pressure on a country- if not continental- or world-wide scope
>made out of poorly understood and even more poorly explained technology

Literally a Warstrider.
>>
File: A_WEAPON_TO_SURPASS_METAL_GEAR.gif (1012 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
A_WEAPON_TO_SURPASS_METAL_GEAR.gif
1012 KB, 250x250
>>44391111
>>
What's the deal with those "Scriptures of the X Maiden"?
>>
Does an artefact have to be made from a magical materiel?
>>
>>44391403

The Sidereal Scriptures are philosophical tidbits relating to how each Maiden views that aspect (that particular constellation) of her grander panoply (what each Maiden rules over).

They're meant to be chewed on and mulled over, the same way a koan might be, and bring enlightenment to those who can spiritually internalize their meaning.

The SMA scriptures are similar, but relate purely to the meaning of the SMA, rather than to any particular Maiden's view of things.
>>
>>44391485

Nah. It should contain something COOL (the exotic ingredients), but an artifact can easily be made out of regular steel quenched in the blood of ten thousand demons, or Malfean brass, or a strand of hair plucked from the largest head of the largest hydra sleeping in the Wyld.
>>
>>44378608
>Sovereign caste
When did Nazara become a Caste?
>>
File: 1448440405098.jpg (218 KB, 1031x430) Image search: [Google]
1448440405098.jpg
218 KB, 1031x430
>>44391518
A generic bokuto used by a master sordman while practising when suddenly six billion demons marching through town to murderise one kingdom or another decide they want to play with him and he ends up to kill six billion demons with it but the town and its peeps be dead, so he plants it there as a memorial.
Of course a dick came by and took it a few days later.
>>
>>44391605
>I am Seoverign and this Exaltation is mine.
>>
Hey. I've been fiddling with the 3E artifacts system to try to reduce artifacts being a no-brainer. Here's a pretty rough draft, tell me what you think, or any rules that need to be changed:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C_XKOyvBaXqwG1uOvUFEjvJaP3KCe5rjm6OHsFuKK0A/edit#
>>
>>44391700
you're fixing a problem that doesn't exist
>>
>>44391700
>artifacts purchaseable with resources
>enshrining artifacts without Evocations instead of deleting the very idea of them

Dropped.
>>
>>44391605
I mean, I assume he means Theion's infernals from Gunstar
>>
>>44391751
I feel the idea of a weapon that is a status symbol because it is something from the First Age forged in ways nobody knows how to any longer, but *isn't* the equivalent of Excalibur is cool.
>>
>>44391700

So your solution to artifacts being a no-brainer... was to make them more accessible and proliferated than ever?
>>
>>44391833
Not really? A daiklave, here, is just a weird sword, basically. Its only mechanical difference is that it's more reliable and is (potentially) a status symbol, but that's not really a big deal at all from an OOC perspective. It's nice if it's appropriate to their character concept, but it's not enough to push someone to buy it when it doesn't fit, unlike the giant bundles of bonuses that core artifacts are.
>>
>>44391875
Eh. Only for melee-focused character really.
>>
>>44391875

You've more or less made it so EVERYONE is going to be carrying a daiklave, just because. It's free durability (and durability does matter). The word becomes meaningless, and they sure as hell aren't going to be seen as First Age wonders by the players.

You looked at a case of benefits outweighing costs and decided to slash the cost to null for no reason. And, as far as I can tell, you haven't actually done jack for shit re: "the giant bundles of bonuses."

Spending 3 artifact dots on a weapon you didn't plan on buying Evocations for absolutely was not worth the price, and that seems to be the only use-case you've addressed by... making it worth the price.
>>
>>44391931
>And, as far as I can tell, you haven't actually done jack for shit re: "the giant bundles of bonuses."
What do you think this, literally the first line under the variant rules, means?

>All artifact weapons and armor use the same stats as the appropriate type of mortal equipment (light/medium/heavy melee/thrown/archery/armor)

Because if it's unclear somehow, I'd like to make it clearer.
>>
>>44391970
>What do you think this, literally the first line under the variant rules, means?

The statline boost artifact weapons get isn't significant in any universe, and certainly isn't worth paying 3 dots for on its own. The stat boost artifact armor got mattered, but mostly because it let hardness exist and granted much fatter benefits than artifacting a weapon.

If your problem was Artifact being a "no-brainer," it was because of 1) Utility artifacts, which do grant benefits worth their dot-cost right out of the gate (which you did nothing to fix) and 2) because having Charms to spend your Solar XP on is better than not having Charms to spend your solar XP on. (which you also did nothing to fix)

"3 dots for +1 accuracy" was absolutely not the problem and you're brain damaged if you think it was.
>>
>>44392022
>The statline boost artifact weapons get isn't significant in any universe, and certainly isn't worth paying 3 dots for on its own.
Oh, a bunch of +1s to everything wasn't significant at all. News to me. I guess none of these numbers matter at all. Might as well dump all my physical stats, since bonuses don't matter.
>>
File: 1447021530459.jpg (10 KB, 460x312) Image search: [Google]
1447021530459.jpg
10 KB, 460x312
5 Dot artefact lumberaxe made of wood to cut down wood.
The South was actually a forest once.
Once.
>>
>>44392063

+1 Accuracy, +3 damage, and sometimes +1 to Defense (depending on which weapon you were wielding) isn't worth 3 background dots compared to basically anything else. If your players were shelling out for that you should be happy, since it means they're incapable of math.
>>
>>44392106
Almost makes some sort of sense, with what between Earth, Water, and Wood, it might've been a jungle/rainforest and the East a plain forest
>>
>>44392113
Compared to a background like Ally? Sure. Once you buy up the background dots that actually fit whatever concept you have, though, artifact is pretty much the best choice.
>>
>>44392175

So, your concern was "at the bottom of the barrel, Artifact beats out Giant." Your "fix" could have stopped at the "Artifact and mortal weapons use the same statline." part, I don't know why you kept writing, since everything else does nothing but worsen the game and the setting.

"Oh, yeah, I want artifacts to be cool and special and only taken because it fits your concept, but I also want basically everyone to have one."
>>
>>44392175
that +1 accuracy isn't free. Attunement costs are a thing, a smaller motepool can be a real burden if you grab two or three artifacts, espeically if you also have some charms that need commitment
>>
>>44391931
>aren't going to be seen as First Age wonders by the players.

Well, the +3 swords of flame are not really seen as First Age wonders by my players. Those artifacts are presented like D&D magical objects in e3, and tend to be considered as such.

I kind of understand where they wanted to go, but when it's a +3 sword of flame, well, it's a +3 sword of flame. I can stress the rarity or wondrous nature of those objects all day, it's like when they stress how magic is rare in D&D before giving you a list of 450 magical implements. My players only see a +3 sword of flame.
>>
File: Ookami.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Ookami.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So TG I've done a thing. I was trying to come stat up a 3 dot familiar for my inspired-by-Red-riding-Hood character and well, this is the result. I need to know if this is balanced. I pretty much just took the baseline wolf statistics, cranked them up to 11, added basic Spirit abilities to reflect godhood status plus some iconic things and added stuff like Legendary Size and Incredible Might on top of it.

In theory it should be fine, it's definitely weaker stat-wise and skill-wise than a Tyrant Lizard (suggested 3-dot familiar) but it has some other tricks. As it turns out a common wolf have some pretty nice abilities and I figured it makes no sense for the alpha-est of wolves not to have all of them.
>>
>>44392847
Are you sure that's how they're presented? It seemed to me that all the actual example of artifacts, not just basic templates but actual artifacts, were given a distinct name, story and theme.

It's not just a +3 sword of flame, it's Unquenchable Dragon Fang, the red jade daiklave which rather than be dipped in oil at the end of it's forging was soaked in the burning blood of a fire dragon for several days so that it's blade would be covered in eternal flame and had a hilt made of blue and black jade so that the wielder wouldn't be burned.
>>
>>44390839
The Deathlord we're fighting did SOMETHING to a river goddess near the city he sacked. When we confronted her, she was confined in a large pond (which was beginning to turn red for some reason) by a friendly shore god, and she had freaky black veins and spots spreading all over her body. After talking to the players that knew her, she started to physically warp into some sort of portal for something else to pass through. At that time, weird monsters started to emerge from the pond, horrible puppets with no discernible anatomy and too many eyes made out of pond scum and flesh, that sapped essence from anyone they touched. By the time we killed her, two of them started to morph and grow into strange, rigid pillars for unknown ends.
>>
>>44392847
If the +3 sword of flame is just a sword of flame, and nothing else, you and your players are both doing a shit job.

That sword of flame should give evocations, powers that no other weapon in Creation will give, and there is nothing 'just' about it.

If your players won't use it as anything more than a sword that happens to be on fire, or whatever, show them how wrong they are; have an NPC steal it from them, then use it against them a bit later, unleashing an explosive blast when the blade makes contact with their armor, or throw the flames at them firewand style

It's never *JUST* a sword of flame.
>>
Wait, hang on. Are artefacts not worth taking? I was under the impression that they're the best merit to take, regardless of what your build is. What merits are worth taking?
>>
>>44394381
The ones that fit your character concept and backstory.
>>
>>44394381
They're worth taking if you want one, some guy is just sperging out about how he feels like everyone is obligated to take one during character creation

Despite the fact that, unless your ST is a massive shithead, you can go searching for one in play and expect to find one.
>>
>>44394381
Familiar, Command, Allies and Manse are the best ones. Artifact is ok, but it's mostly a way to dump your Solar XP if you don't want to Martial arts or Sorcery.

On a sidenote, I'm still salty that it takes a 4-fucking-dot Merit to even buy points in Martial Arts. This makes no bloody sense, you already have to buy dots of the ability seperately from anything else, gating it behind a 4-dot merit is ridiculous.
>>
>>44394532

Better to play a martial artist than a crafter, though.
>>
>>44394660
Talk about being damned by faint praise.
>>
So, if Solid Snake were a Solar, would he have something like the dart blower mode of the Ultimately Useful Tube and use it with throw, or should he have an artifact hand-sized essence cannon that shoots tranquilizing essence?
>>
Can I have an Artifact Bible?
>>
>>44396461
If you mean artifact Immaculate texts, then sure. What does it do, though?
>>
>>44392113

Don't forget the indestructibly bonus.
>>
>>44394532

I'm torn on it myself. I mean I saw a Supernal Archery dawn lag behind a non-sorcery Snake Style MA. As a Dawn with supernal SP I did nearly 119 levels of damage in a single blow. MA is now basically the combat art it was always hyped up to be.

But that merit...
>>
>>44396724
Yeah, because over 100 levels of damage in one hit and being able to advance with nothing but Solar xp is so close to not being worth paying an extra 4 merit dots.
>>
Is the fiction anthalogy in the OP updated? I heard they tried to change a singular justice and want to have a look.
>>
>>44391796
make it a sword in the stone, but unable to be removed from the stone so they end up having to swing around a sword/stone hammer hybrid.
>>
>>44397642
Kirkhammer?
>>
>>44397671
Wha?
>>
>>44397822

It's from Bloodborne. It's a giant hammer with a short sword hidden in the handle. This is called a trick weapon, which is a weapon that has two distinct forms that it can transform between on the fly; hammer and short sword, axe and halberd, scythe and saber, bow and scimitar, the list goes on.
>>
File: Kirkhammer.jpg (316 KB, 1514x2048) Image search: [Google]
Kirkhammer.jpg
316 KB, 1514x2048
>>44397822
Kirkhammer.
>>
File: THEBOX.jpg (36 KB, 468x351) Image search: [Google]
THEBOX.jpg
36 KB, 468x351
>>44396404
Why not a cardboard box?
>>
File: boxtank.jpg (49 KB, 580x329) Image search: [Google]
boxtank.jpg
49 KB, 580x329
>>44398240
I'll do you one better.
>>
>>44396474
It's good for a religious tract, mystical encyclopedia, moral guide, and has some bitchin' recipes for meat and beer.

You can also chuck it at a dude and cave his head in.
>>
>>44398276
Glorious.
>>
Anyone got suggestions for a 5 essence Stealth supernal?
>>
>>44400157
Take throw as a side, goes well with stealth. Also, Blurred Form Style is a great charm, in my opinion. Less obviously, the "Voice" charms from performance are good, look at Voice-Hurling Method in particular.
>>
>>44400257
I'm sorry, I meant any suggestions for creating a 5 essence Stealth charm?
>>
>>44400691

Well, Essence 5 Charms are big and stupid-flashy powers, though not necessarily the most actually-powerful. E5 Charms tend to be 5 pounds of holy shit spread across 25 square feet, while E3 Charms are 100 pounds of holy shit planted right where you want it.

Which tree you're growing out of matters a lot here, too. Something that grows out of Fivefold Shadow Burial is going to probably be an expensive "if I can hide from you once I can hide from you for the rest of the scene" effect that's really difficult to break, while an E5 growth of Shadow Replacement Technique might become Ten Thousand Knives in the Darkness, enhancing social influences made from stealth.
>>
>>44400817
Those sound like really cool ideas, good job.
What about some ideas for the Mind Shroud Meditation tree?
Even an essence 4 charm before that if you want.
>>
>>44401079

MSM is founded on jumping in and out of stealth, incapacitating people and getting stealth attacks one by one, so maybe something like...

Wolf-Pack Slaughter: With a few minutes setup, the Solar may roll a single (Dex + Stealth) check for an entire group in preparation for an ambush, all of them using his result. Upon entering battle--so long as the Solar successfully ambushes HIS target--every member of the ambush group gets to replace their initiative with the Solar's, so long as they each make a decisive attack, meaning they all act simultaneously and all get ambush attacks.

That's probably too powerful, insofar as there's not many things I can think of that could survive it without just hardcountering it, but something like that. Maybe they're all required to attack different targets, or they still use their actual rolled init for damage, they just so-happen to act on the Solar's turn. Alt: Split the Charm up into the group stealth effect (as an E4 Charm) and then Wolf-Pack Slaughter stays at E5 handling all the rest.

Alternatively:

Wings of the Raiton: For each consecutive turn the Solar incapacitates a target with a surprise or ambush attack, they may store up X initiative, maybe to some maximum Y, added to their actual initiative score when they choose.

This one's weaker, since it requires your "main" target have a bunch of goons to pick off to really get the full massive "whoa" effect, but you can also spend each 3 init to just "reset" back to 3+X for a more consistent bonus.

Or maybe you get a cumulative bonus to each such attack's damage, idk.
>>
>>44401279
Thanks, those are very interesting and plenty for me to work with.
Any ideas for out of combat utility stealth charms?
>>
>>44401384

I guess out of combat the big thing Stealth would want is duration and infallibility, sort of like Larceny's thing where you can roll to pick one lock and say "and I'm so badass I pick every other lock as well." So maybe instead of rolling once for the perimeter guards, once for the bedchamber guards, and again on the way out, the Charm says "I roll once, and that gets me past everyone who isn't cool enough," or "anywhere I snuck into, I can sneak out of perfectly, even if I'm dragging someone with me"
>>
>>44401475
Okay all these posts are great, final question to make use of your skills.
How would I stat a charm like Guardian Fog Approach but enough for my whole circle and my whole roll, not just a bonus?
>>
>>44401532

I'd hesitate to let a Charm just generally give your stealth rolls to others, as opposed to in specific contexts (like Wolf-Pack Slaughter).

So maybe a Charm at Ess2 that upgrades GFA to be able to work on small groups (like a circle), and E3 it upgrades/repurchases to apply all of the Solar's successes (+stunt bonuses) as dice to the other guys' attempt, but I don't think I'd go further than that.
>>
>>44401586
I dislike the meta problem of stealth being a largely solo affair within a group game, so I'm fine with anything that solves it, even if it's suitably expensive and restricted usage.
Your suggestion seems pretty fair, thanks for all your help.
>>
>>44393183
It's... Okay, I guess?
>>
>>44393277
For some reason I thought of the Pillars of Nosgoth.
>>
What sort of weapon would be deadly sharp wires used to slice enemies to shreds be? I know Melee, but outside of that what would the tags be? Could you make a MA out of it?
>>
>>44402227
Could pretty much be a direlash, though if it's harder to control and more about being super sharp you could drop tags like disarming and grappling to add piercing. I think the Alchemicals book in 2e had an MA based on using whips which might be appropriate.
>>
>>44402298
Alchemicals? Huh, that seems an odd place.

I'll look into them both, thanks
>>
>>44402323
There was something about them replacing their hair with whips, so you see, it makes perfect sense.
>>
So, if I wanted to produce an infectious disease that caused it's victims to break into spontaneous song and dance, with the vector of infection being exposure to the resultant songs and dancing, would that be a celestial circle working, or solar?
>>
>>44394432

It'll probably be a production getting your hands on the thing, of course, but throwing challenges in they way of your party for them to worm their way around is half the point of the exercise, so.
>>
>>44402698
Lore Excellency to introduce as fact, and then some combination of Int and Investigation or Medicine to find someone who's got it.
>>
>>44402033
Any particular opinion? Is it too strong? Too weak? Too many abilities? God forbid too few?

My ST won't let me have this until you guys gree-light it, for some reason he holds you faggots in high regard.
>>
File: 20071113.gif (9 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
20071113.gif
9 KB, 700x300
>>44404040
Ahahaha ahahaha
Hahahahaha
Heh
>>
>>44404360
You know, it's possible he said it knowing full well this would happen.

In hindisght I'm kind of a sucker.
>>
Why did they remove the Full Moon shaman from the antagonist chapter in the backer pdf? I don't want to be paranoid or anything, but it's a bit sketchy.
>>
>>44404040
I wholehearted greenlight it. Please, come back if you need more things approved.
Not even read the thing.
>>
>>44404535
Because the Leak was gargantuan and they had to remove stuff. The Full Moon Shaman isn't the only cool thing to get the axe, sadly.

I gues it's not too bad, it's not like it was erased from existence, we've still got the leak material and nobody's gonna hate you for using it.
>>
>>44404535
They also removed Abyssal Necromancer, Sidereal Benefactor, the ancient giant from the edges of the world that wasn't explicitly Behemoth and many other things. The leak was just to big (over 900 pages!) so they had to cut some corners.

>>44402227
I would say it's strictly Martial Arts weapon, it's too strange and exotic to use with just Melee. It could also be an effect of some Martial Art. You can conjure deadly Essence filaments (or infuse mundane strings) with entry Charm and manipulate them with higher ones.
>>
>>44404689
>strictly Martial Arts weapon
I'm imagining the martial art now. What about a theme related to setting snares and forcing your opponent to either move through them and take damage or change their tactics and abandon their most optimal move? Call it Spider Style, maybe. It'd be at its most deadly vs an enemy that charges at you heedlessly while you maintain distance and defend yourself. Probably need some Dodge synergy.
>>
Who is the hottest Exalt and why is it Manosque Cyan?
>>
>>44405379
It's Volfer.
His package is approved by Scarlet.
>>
When the rulebook talks about something taking up a month of training time, how many days does it actually mean?
>>
File: 1449214922785.png (495 KB, 640x1056) Image search: [Google]
1449214922785.png
495 KB, 640x1056
I need character art for a bunch of DBs, can someone help?
>>
>>44405930
A month in creation has 28 days
>>
>>44405698
Bullshit you're outta here.
>>
When a lost egg gets adopted/marries into a great house, do they take the name of the house? What happens to their threshold name?
>>
>>44406284
>When a lost egg gets adopted/marries into a great house, do they take the name of the house?
Correct.

>What happens to their threshold name?
Either it's dropped, or incorporated into their name, as a "second last name" if you will.
>>
So, what's the coolest concept for a Solar you ever played as/with?

What's the coolest Motive?
>>
So, what's the coolest concept for a Solar you ever played as/with?

What's the coolest Motive?
>>
>>44406518
Only ever played one Solar, in a game that didn't last terribly long, but it was a game where I was the fifth player to sign up and got "stuck" with the Eclipse caste, and then made a firewand badass with all the money. I feel like that's a pretty common concept, particularly for an Eclipse, but I had a lot of fun with it. After so much DnD, being able to choose to be the richest party member is very fun. And not having a number attached to that wealth is great for casually dismissing minor problems on the way to the interesting problems without ever having to count the cost.

How do we get to that city?
>DOSH
How do we get an audience with the Suspicious Noble?
>DOSH
How do we find someone to translate this ancient scroll?
>DOSH

I feel like most GMs aren't quite ready for how fast DOSH can get to that one cool idea they were hanging an adventure on, but one time I GMed Fantasy Craft and one of my players was a Courtier (the character class with the power of DOSH) and I appreciated it immensely.
>>
>>44406518
I still thnk the most fun I've ever had was with a very fight character inspired by Dante from the DMC series. The setting wasn't exactly exalted because the GM took a lot of liberties (and I mean A LOT down to really fundamental assumptions about the setting), but it was still more fun than anythin else Exalted-wise.

The hilarious part was trying to be pro-mortal in a world that seemed to literally HATE mortals, I was going waaay out of my way to try and make them somewhat relevant.

Second would be an Abyssal sailor, that was actually a proper Exalted game in the West. I wish I had more oportunities to play Abyssals, they were way too much fun.
>>
File: Air Aspect.jpg (123 KB, 700x969) Image search: [Google]
Air Aspect.jpg
123 KB, 700x969
>>44405935
>>
>>44404886
I was going to give it something like that, as well as an offensive way to do things. Not entirely sure how to model it, though

>>44404689
Fair enough.
>>
>>44405935
>>
>>44407618
>>44408005
thanks. I already had one of those, but still nice.
>>
>>44407618
Is that spats or a leotard?
>>
>>44409705

spats
>>
File: 1425281935745.jpg (473 KB, 1250x1100) Image search: [Google]
1425281935745.jpg
473 KB, 1250x1100
>>44408399
I hope the fire one was the new one.
>>
I'm curious--Is there any disadvantage to simply taking Terrestrial Circle Sorcery for the sole reason of Invulnerable Skin of Bronze? I'm an MA Supernal Dawn, focusing on Single Point, and it seems like an amazing boost in armor in exchange for sitting around spamming occult rolls when you wake up in the morning.

Is there an drawback I'm missing, beyond a (pretty insignificant) exp cost?
>>
>>44410173
None, aside from the fact that it makes you heavier. Sorcery is very good in 3e.

Of course, if you're grabbing Skin of Bronze, not much reason not to grab Messenger and Stormwind Rider too.
>>
>>44410173
The only drawback is that now you're a teensy bit weirder.
>>
>>44410205
>Of course, if you're grabbing Skin of Bronze, not much reason not to grab Messenger and Stormwind Rider too.
Well there's the fact that he already has Single Point for Solar xp.
>>
>>44410173

From the text: "You will sink in water or mud, and fragile surfaces won't support [your] weight."

This could be turned against you by a clever enemy, potentially creating difficult terrain, or drowning you. Also, Distortion.
>>
>>44410173
None. Plus you can use it without being outed as anathema, so a second round of win.
>>
>>44410173
None, but while you're at it, you might as well take Demon of the First Circle, aka: the one and true spell. Everything can be solved via demons. If it can't be solved with a demon you're simply not using enough demons.
>>
File: 1431474244835.jpg (162 KB, 1060x796) Image search: [Google]
1431474244835.jpg
162 KB, 1060x796
>>44411023
>Demon of the First Circle
>not Elemental
pls
>>
>>44405379
>Who is the hottest Exalt
Mahasuchi classic
>>
File: Ma-Ha-Suchi.jpg (150 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Ma-Ha-Suchi.jpg
150 KB, 700x700
>>44411397
Agreed.
>>
>>44411359
I've heard this before. What is it that makes Elementals more useful than demons? Save for the ever prevelant player paranoia that cause them to believe that just because the demon has progenitors it immediately means they will be spied upon because obviously they're such hotshots that beings who can't even comprehand human thought-pattern will suddenly become smart enough to think "yeah, maybe I should monitor their activties"?
>>
File: Screenshot_20151125-025232.png (769 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151125-025232.png
769 KB, 1080x1920
>>44405379
>>
>>44411482
>asassassins
>>
>>44411495
Them pesky sidereal tea-cup asassassins. I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for them. And that mangy Lunar.
>>
>>44411475
Unlike in 2e, the two spells have the same duration (1 year / indefinite task), so there's no benefit of Demon over Elemental

Unlike in 2e, you're creating a new elemental from scratch, so don't risk the ire of spirit courts if you mistreat them or repeatedly summon some God's favourite employee for your own tasks.

As with 2e, having elementals following you round is weird, but unlike demons you don't risk being called anathema if some irate DB sees you with them.

The five elements = basically anything you'd ever need in Creation, rather than having to fit the square peg of a demon; designed for and to live in Hell, in Creation's triangular hole.

All in all, except for taking out the power to summon the Kukla for the lulz, Elemental in 3e is just plain better than Demon.
>>
>>44411482
Nameless Exalts without an established character don't count.
>>
>>44411560
Elementals are naturally material and I'm pretty sure they can't change that state, though. Demons can dematerialize. Also, elementals are designed to manage the elements, why would there be a super sexy elemental with special seduction powers, much less one that can also craft varied individual's flesh into a composite being. This is just an example, I'm sure there are many jobs a demon is appropriate for that an elemental wold have no business doing. Elemental is just the safe option.
>>
>>44411560
>don't risk being called anathema if some irate DB sees you with them.
Why would they?
>>
>>44411625
The Dragon Blooded, especially of the ever prolific Wyld Hunt variety, have a pesky tendency to call an Anathema eveyrthing that doesn't keel over and die if they as much as glare at it.

Those of the rarer and more reasonable varieties will usually think you you as a sorcerer and treat as a potential ally.
>>
>>44411683
Ah.
So that's how you spell "fucking cunts"
>>
>>44405379
That one sid with a star on her cheek

Also Volfer
>>
>>44412311
>Also Volfer

Property of the empress
>>
>>44412414
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS FUNNY

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

THIS ISN'T EVEN A JOKE

SORRY FOR CAPS I BROKE MY KEYBOARD
>>
File: Lawyer Sid.png (390 KB, 593x517) Image search: [Google]
Lawyer Sid.png
390 KB, 593x517
>>44412716
damn Malfeas, chill out bro

also best unnamed qt coming through
>>
>>44411618
It would be well within a wood elemental's purview as an avatar of fertility to be good at anything related to childbirth, including sex and seduction. No, there wouldn't be an elemental capable of creating a conglomerate baby because that goes against the natural order of creation, but an elemental could do all sorts of other things.
>>
File: 1439851993095.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439851993095.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
Stat me, /exg/!
>>
>>44412842
That sounds like a god, I don't see why an elemental should have anything to do with human fertility, they mediate the elements, what element does human fertility fall under?
>>
>>44412910

First Circle Demon spawned by the Grail, a 2CD that enthralls mortals into a yearly "competition" every Calibration.
>>
>>44413175
>they mediate the elements, what element does human fertility fall under?

...wood, the element of life and fertility, exactly as he said.

Though I will point out that >>44412842 is also missing out on the fact that a wood elemental's seduction would be exactly that: inducing an urge to rut and breed. Nothing more or less.

That is a tiny, tiny percentage of the use of seduction, especially compared to what a Neomah can do with seduction.
>>
>>44413214
Fair point about the wood elemental inducing raw lust. But a fire elemental could inspire many kinds of passion, so hey, fire seductress.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.