[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, does anyone have any experience with Digimon tabletops?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1450761604548.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1450761604548.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey /tg/, does anyone have any experience with Digimon tabletops? I'm starting one up for a few friends in a few weeks and need to decide on a system. I'm currently trying to decide between pic related and FATE but I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

Also general Digimon thread. What's your favorite? Got any stories?
>>
>>44402009

A brief breakdown of the setting.

12 children, including the party, are given the chance to test a new prototype virtual reality device, large pods like you'd see people sleep in in old sci-fi movies. In all actuality they're guinea pigs to see if scientists had finally constructed portals to the digital world.

The digital world itself is in turmoil. Two armies wage war for a digicore located at the center of the planet, with the most valuable locations being various drilling sites working to reach it.
From the eastern Diamin kingdom comes Blastmon, a strict but fair king who wishes to use the digicore to construct a utopia. However, mechanical Digimon have no place in this new world.
In the west is Oxygon, lead by Rust Tyrannomon. A vicious Caligula who only holds his seat as leader for his immense strength. Most of the tactical dicisions and day-to-day chores of being a ruler are handled by his advisor Lucemon (Fall down Mode), who has his own devious goals for the digicore.
>>
>>44402136
In actuality the digicore is a prison created by the last set of digidestined to contain Megidramon, the bringer of the end of the world and calamity personified. Josiah, the leader of the previous party, offered to stay and guard the prison. For 85 years he stood resolute by his charge but after so much time had passed the seal began to wane. Megidramon's influence began to seep through the cracks, offering eternal youth and powers unknown to Josiah in exchange for his servitude. The tamer refused and refused until he laid on his deathbed. Scared for his life he accepted the offer and became the high priest of Megidramon. For 400 years he plotted and schemed until a chance brought itself before him in the form of Lucemon. Corrupted by the great dragon's influence, Lucemon and Josiah began to spread rumors of a great treasure hidden in the centre of the world. When Oxygon soldiers attempted to take sole control of the large drill inside Diamin borders, the spark of war was ignited.
>>
Never played in one but I've always been interested to. My only experiences with digimon to are from freeform forums.
>>
>>44402009
Many years ago I tried to do one with some other anons using Mutants and Masterminds I think it was, using lackey/henchmen rules. Unfortunately, the game never really got off the ground due to a handful of circumstances.
>>
So how will you handle the divide between player characters and their Digimon? Will the Digimon have their own stats or just be a series of assets?
>>
I wonder if this might help you. It's Pokemon Hunter, for Fate.

http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1450885526788.pdf
>>
>>44402009
>>44402136
>>44402261
Holy crap OP, storytime that shit once you've run a session or two. This campaign sounds amazing.
>>
>>44405068
I want the Digimon to have their own set of stats so I can run some neat segments where they're seperated from.each-other and they have to swap back and forth. The system.I posted seems to cover it well enough.

>>44405186
Thanks, I'll check it out.

>>44405250
I'm glad you like it so far. Hell, I didn't even tell you the best part. Due to some faulty wiring, the party are the only ones who end up in the village where they start. The 8 other kids are drawn in by Megidramon to outside his prison. His overwhelming presence drives 4 of them insane and to attack their friends. Pleased with the tamers abilities to resist his aura of chaos, Megidramon offered them the same choice he offered Josiah.
They all accepted without hesitation and quickly slew their former comrades.

Tldr- there's going to be a corrupted rival tamer for each party member because 1v1 fights are my fetish.
>>
File: ATQD3t6.png (202 KB, 1122x386) Image search: [Google]
ATQD3t6.png
202 KB, 1122x386
Post'em /tg/, I know you've got them.
>>
>>44407482
Dear Lord that is brilliant.

So what happened to Josiah's partner Digimon? Or was it Guilmon?
>>
>>44407629
Josiah's partner was a plucky Gottsumon that was the manifestation of the phrase "try your best". His line went Gottsumon, Rhinomon, Metal Tyrannomon, Goddramon.
However, I'm flavoring x-forms as being twisted by Megidramon's power, acting as a half-way point between stages. When Josiah made the deal, Gottsumon's base form became Rhinomon X.
>>
>>44407629
>>44407737
Oh silly me, I never answered your question.
Rhinomon X is fine, if a bit more evil. They're currently scheming to get the party to join them in front of the prison
>>
>>44407737
>>44407918
So what kind of Digivice are you running with? Is it an existing model or one you've come up with? What features does it have?
>>
>>44407992
I haven't fully decided yet. I'm thinking it'll look somewhat similar to the Digimon Tamers one but with the functionality of Adventure. The extreme emotion transfer and stuff.

It's main feature is going to be a scanner that can be used to get the nitty gritty details of a Digimon along with an approximate power level. Gives them a few more tactical view for fights assuming they can get close enough to scan them.

I might throw in the ability to fast travel so to speak, Teleport to places they've already been. Not sure on that part though.
>>
>>44408072
Sweet. Maybe something like Frontier's fractal code, but instead of absorbing an area's data, you're scanning it so you can access it later.

Have you figured out the partners for the corrupted rival tamers? Or are you gonna build them specifically for how each player develops?
>>
I once used a lightly brewed version of this https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Taisen_Iwaku
It worked well. Players had guts, for their mons physical attacks, coolness for ranged and agility, and patience for defense.
>>
>>44408115
Ive made the partners for the corrupted kids. Haven't started them but I've got them written down.

Tywin: the defacto leader of the corrupted children. Hot-headed and abrasive.
Partner Line - V-dramon (black) < MetalGreymon (Virus) < Black War Greymon

Mathus: Normally cool and collected. Warped sense of justice.
Partner Line - Arresterdramon < Arresterdramon Superior mode < Arresterdramon Superior mode (Brave Snatcher)

Sarina: Mute killing machine. Will not attack those she respects. Strongest member of the team.
Partner: Submarimon < Mega Seadramon < Mega Seadramon X (3.5) < Metal Piranimon

A.J: Coward who constantly hides behind his partner. Would leave it to die if he thought his life was in danger.
Partner: Youkomon < Taomon < Dianamon
>>
>>44408122
Interesting way to look at it. I'll give it a shot.
>>
Holy shit I wanna be in a Digimon game.

Got room for another, OP?
>>
>>44408229
We all want to be in a digimon game, Anon. I'm pretty sure that this game is in meatspace, or I'd have asked the same thing.
>>
>>44408264
Y-you never know unless you try.

;_;
>>
>>44408264
>>44408276
Sorry chums but anon's right. This takes place in the fleshzone. If it wasn't, I'd totally let you in. Hell, if you live in B.C, I might still.
>>
File: evolution_Rapidmon.png (3 MB, 2300x1500) Image search: [Google]
evolution_Rapidmon.png
3 MB, 2300x1500
>>44408229
>>44408264
Seems like you two should exchange contacts.
Do you know a good GM?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.