[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
Turbo fun generals edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
Ashling best commando.
>>
>>44301679
Oh Jesus this card sounds gross with Undying. I might have to build that now.
>>
File: My EDH decks.png (2 MB, 1268x1320) Image search: [Google]
My EDH decks.png
2 MB, 1268x1320
First for should I convert my Rakdos List to French EDH?

What got me thinking is that I was able to use it to outspeed and beat an uber-competative Daretti deck at my LGS a couple of days ago(twice, in 1v1 and multiplayer). And he was using plenty of fast mana not even legal in French. I also was able to push through a turn 4 tanglewire+sculpting steel.

The only card not legal in french in my list anyways is Sensei's Divining Top. I could probably replace it with Scroll Rack or Emrakul.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-05-15-gvk-rakdos-lord-of-riots-edh/

Also I added Spinerock Knoll yesterday but I'm just not feeling it with it. I may take it out.
>>
>>44301918
You have plenty of decks, so I don't see why not.
Your deck seems really powerful too, I'm thinking about building a Rakdos based on your list.
>>
>>44302062
Thank you! I built the deck two years ago and have been tuning it ever since. If you have any questions about building a good list, let me know!
>>
File: Edh Commanders December.png (2 MB, 1128x824) Image search: [Google]
Edh Commanders December.png
2 MB, 1128x824
>>44301918
Scroll Rack because I like consistency. But then again, I wouldn't use Rakdos in French in the first place because of how restrictive he is and how your game plan kind of just fumbles if he dies the moment he lands on the field. If you wanted a French deck that gets better results while still in the same power, just play Kaalia or Animar or something.

Also, advice/suggestions in my Kalemne deck anyone?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-artifact-matters/
>>
>>44301908
There's also infect+proliferate
>>
>>44302136
I never use red in my decks and the one time I did my friend begged me to sell the deck to him. How necessary are the Eldrazi? My group and I don't like playing with them.
>>
>>44302197
Could you post that Daxos list?
And how well does it fare?
>>
>>44302256
The Eldrazi are extremely necessary for the deck. Free card draw and free permenant destruction is nothing to ever laugh at. The deck basically revolves around them. They are the best creatures to cast for free and if you're casting creatures for free, you want to use Rakdos to his full potential and cast the BEST creatures for free. That's just value.
>>
>>44302233
There's not much interaction with Infect and Marchesa
>>
>>44302197
Alright, I appreciate the advice. It was was just an impulse, I guess. I don't even know anyone who plays french edh or any shops that have french edh tournaments in my area. I'll stick to using it as my go-to competitive deck for multiplayer for now.

Also your deck looks SICK! A unique idea that looks fun to play! I don't see that very often :)
>>
>>44302352
Proliferate is the main goal, since you can proliferate +1/+1, -1/-1 and poison counters.
And her ability allows you to be way more aggressive with your creatures.
>>
>>44302394
That much I figured

Jeez, Inexorable Tide would be nuts in a deck with her at the helm
>>
>>44302274
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daxos-the-returned-enchantment-control-1/

I play a more Pillowfort-y style of play. I tend to scale off fairly well the games I've played Daxos in. Because of the specific lands like Serra's Sanctum, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Nykthos, Deserted Temple, Vesuva, and Thespian's Stage, I generate plenty of mana. Daxos being the mana dump he is, it's great to have.

The deck has been doing well, so far winning 3 out of 4 multiplayer games. Surprisingly, I haven't see any board wipes in all four of those games which I've been psyching myself out for every game given how fragile Daxos is.

Regardless, I think Daxos is a fun general to use if you just want to sit down and have a fun-somewhat-casual game. I don't think he's top tier material, but he is enjoyable to play if you build him right.
>>
If anyone at any time would like to join a skype group for cockatrice commander
add mistertorgue on skype
>>
File: u7807ucmq5_ur_wk20_300_cardart4.jpg (128 KB, 620x462) Image search: [Google]
u7807ucmq5_ur_wk20_300_cardart4.jpg
128 KB, 620x462
>>44301679
I love playing my Marchesa deck. Its just take control of your opponents stuff, forever. Its alot of fun. For me.
>>
I never noticed how long her fingers are.
>>
>>44302886
That's a tiny pinky
>>
>>44302886

Woah never noticed that., she has abnormally long fingers.

I think the perspective is being thrown off by the rings.
>>
>>44302886
its the pinky thats doing it
it looks like a little sausage
>>
>>44302849
>>44301679
Whats Marchesa lore?
>>
>>44303238
She's a total bitch and everybody wants to punch her in the face
>>
>>44303238
Marchesa is a noble in Paliano vying for power over the city. She employs a fuckton of rogues, assassins, spies, and anyone else who can sneak in and out of places for any reason. Also she has ten rings and they all have a different poison in them.

>>44303290
At a guess, I'd say she's not too polite in social settings. So maybe.
>>
>>44301679
I have a strange compulsion to build with this guy
>>
>>44303803
You'd probably build him as a slower Norin. Abuse the shit out of ETB effects, maybe with a light side of voltron
>>
>>44303803
Assloads of Equipment and Auras, abuse of extra combat phases. Honestly if you want mono-red Voltron, Godo is a better bet.
>>
>>44303803
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgo-bellstriker-extreme-budget-edh/

It's showing two cards as banned because they hadn't come out yet when he posted the list, ignore that.
>>
>>44302909
well that is what happens to a pinky extended outward
>>
>>44304568
Sure, but the foreshortening in the art is all fucked up and weird so it looks like she has a tiny babby finger
>>
File: frnXxyM.webm (308 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
frnXxyM.webm
308 KB, 500x282
>4-player game, running a creature-light deck
>taking heat because I'm an easy target
>drop Stuffy Doll, pass turn
>Sultai Sidisi and her massive army of tokens and creatures swing for beyond lethal
>had a couple Drakes and Elementals from Yung Peezy and Talrand but nah nigga I don't need that shit
>drop Blaze of Glory
>Stuffy Doll blocks every single creature, ends up taking like 30 damage
>player I chose was running a durdly lifegain/goodstuff Dromoka deck
>ends up killing him

Stuffy Doll is the greatest card ever printed for EDH
>>
Building a Mazirek deck and it feels like walking on the edge of a cliff. Any second now I can tumble down into Meren stax and ruin EDH for everyone I love.
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (210 KB, 1255x653) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
210 KB, 1255x653
>>44305330
Do it
>>
>>44301679
Marchesa rogue tribal is fun.
>>
File: decks.png (792 KB, 1112x415) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
792 KB, 1112x415
Jedit is looking pretty fun.
>>
File: tumblr_n8s5sa6uyV1s6grovo1_250.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8s5sa6uyV1s6grovo1_250.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>44305414
Well, if you put it that way.
>>
>>44303238
There is an uncharted realm about it.
http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ur/300
>>
File: Image.png (142 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
142 KB, 223x311
Just put pic related into my sliver deck
>tfw can now pull of an infinite mana combo at instant speed that paired with acidic sliver allows me to win any match at instant speed.
>>
>>44301679
I really need to draft Conspiracy

Can you do 5-player Conspiracy drafts?
>>
>>44301679
>Turbo fun generals edition
WOOOOOO

This guy is my shit. Free Equipment and extra combat? Sign me the fuck up
>>
>>44305693
...I'm assuming there's also a Sliver that gives you 2 mana when it dies, then?
>>
>>44305566
I am curious about how you built your Nath Stax deck.
>>
>>44301679
Burgeoning + 6 lands opening hand
TURBO
>>
>>44306042
Nigga sit down because it's time for fucking Voltron
>You got your manaweft sliver that allows your tokens to tap for mana
>"But wait, fucking summoning sickness"
>Sliver's don't give a fucking bitch when there's heart sliver around
>"You already got your 1 mana, how does that help?"
>Shit son, you ask lots of questions
>You also got your Basil Sliver which allows you to sac those tokens for 2 black mana, and if you graduated from first grade unlike Tyrone, you can figure out that gives you 3 mana to work with
>And fucking 3-2 for another token to repeat the whole process allows you to have 1 left over, so infinite fucking mana bitch.
>"Sounds cool"
>I'M NOT DONE YET SHIT EATER
>Pair that with Acidic Sliver, which allows you to use 2 mana and sac a creature, then do 2 damage to creature or player, that allows you to deal infinite damage to everyone at instant speed
>GG nigga.
>>
>>44306042
Basal Sliver, yes.
>>
>>44306042
Basal Sliver lets you sac Slivers for BB
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Did you anons get yourselves anything nice for Christmas? Pic related. Also post sweet foils.
>>
>>44306102
That's combo, not Voltron
>>
>>44306137
I took a break from buying Magic stuff so I could save some money for Christmas shopping
>>
>>44305566
>>44306048
Same here. Do tell? Meren seems like an okay Stax commander but Nath seems to have the most potential.
>>
File: Image (14).jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (14).jpg
32 KB, 223x310
> Muh Commander!
Immediately paints a bullseye on your back for having her in the command zone.
>>
>>44305693
Her Majesty better be in the Throne of Honor in the command zone.
>>
>>44306327
No shit.
>>
>>44306137
A friend got me the new Mizzix precon. I can't decide what to do with it yet, so many possibilities.
First time playing blue and I want to really embrace it.
>>
>>44301908
How about Unleashed?
>>
>>44301908
>>44306486
I know a guy who plays Marchesa with nothing but Modular creatures and sac engines. Everything gets ridiculously large when you get 2+ counters on every end step.
>>
>>44306409
Really depends on the deck though. A "Just Slivers" deck probably prefers Overlord or Hivelord since they help your team rather than add to it. A dedicated combo deck should only ever have the Queen Mother Herself in the command zone.

>>44306327
Run Tsabo Tavoc and say "no no she needs seven mana your commanders are safe." And then lose anyway because you're not in blue anymore.

>>44302849
I run Marchesa and hadn't yet noticed the dead guy in the background.
>>
>>44306137
I didn't even know there was a promo Mind's Desire. I sort of want it now. How much did it cost?
>>
>>44306484
Get Mind's Desire, Turnabout, High Tide, Past in Flames, every Ritual and every extra turn spell you want.

>>44306562
~$25 It's worth it, looks so sweet.
>>
>>44306137

Yup.

Sword of Fire and Ice
Sword of War and Peace
Stonehewer Giant
>This finished my set of swords and they're all in Kalemne

Promo Lili Spectre
Promo Gravecrawler
>Liliana needed some bling for arguably best deck

Promo Fathom Mage
Bunch of shitty infect
>Newzuri shit that I don't even like

Promo Broodmother
Wort, Raidmother
Sprout Swarm
Deranged Hermit
>Ulasht should be set now

Was real close to finally getting a Damnation, but I decided to finish the sword collection instead since I recently got my first Stoneforge Mystic. I'll probably go all the way and get a full art for Lili.
>>
>>44306553
Overlord and Hivelord are pretenders to the throne.
Only Her Majesty deserves that spot, regardless.
>>
File: IMG_20151010_224301.jpg (70 KB, 953x301) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151010_224301.jpg
70 KB, 953x301
>>44306137

Forgot this.

Unrelated to what I purchased myself for Christmas, but my sweet foils nonetheless.
>>
>>44306774
>every extra turn spell you want.
Now I am become cancer, destroyer of fun
Can't wait, I'm also gonna stuff it with as many counterspells as I can find.
>>
>>44306912
Reminder that you can cast low cmc spells in response to her trigger to get extra counters
>>
>>44306912
I would caution you against running too many counterspells, as they are pretty much dead in Mind's Desire or Epic Experiment except to target each other to build up storm, and of course remember that Storm doesn't persist over turns, so they are dead draws if trying to go off with storm. I actually don't run any extra turn spells in my Melek deck, and most of my countermagic is modular so that I can use it productively when I cast Experiment or Mind's Desire
>>
>>44303803

Also all those equipments that are cheap for legendary or equip when you enter the field so you can have an indestructible 10/7 Infect Trampling Commander every turn
>>
>>44306943
That's ridiculous. Does that also mean that if I have Melek and Mizzix out at the same time and I cast the top card of my library the copy of it will trigger as well?
>>
>>44305591
This story is so retarded but I still love it.
>>
>>44307019
Melek doesn't cast his copies. All the real synergy there is getting top spells for cheap and maybe chaining together same cmc topdecks
>>
>>44305570

>tumblr

>>/tumblr/
>>
>>44306990
That seems like great advice, especially the modal part, thanks. There really are so many ways to go from here it's a bit overwhelming.
I was even considering a deck with only Mizzix, rocks, lab maniac and a bunch of burn or draw spells with X in the casting cost, but it seems a little repetitive and it doesn't take advantage of Mizzix's mastery or epic experiment.
>>
>>44306774
>~$25 It's worth it, looks so sweet.
I like that it's a rarely seen promo for one of the most obnoxious cards ever printed. If you're going to cast fucking Mind's Desire and frustrate everyone at the table, you might as well make it a shiny one. I think I'll order one.
>>
Sliver Overlord or Sliver Queen, which one is more fun as a commander?
>>
>>44307037
Yeah, so over the top yet good.
>>
>>44307037
>>44305591
2keikaku4me
>>
>>44306102
Ahh, I remember being this excited about 5 piece modular combos too. Slivers is easy mode though.
>>
File: Grozoth.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Grozoth.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
I wanted to share this moment with you guys.

My Big CMC Deck just passed the 7 average CMC mark.

That's right, the AVERAGE CMC of the deck is now over 7!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-bad-monstrosities/
>>
>>44307586
but why tho
>>
>>44307586
Godspeed
>>
>>44307586
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Is it actually pretty good once you've established a mana base?
>>
>>44307586
I think I saw you post this a few months back and gave some suggestions, did you ever look into Clash cards, since you'll be winning most of the time? Redeem the Lost protects your fatties, Hoarder's Greed can be a psuedo Ad Nauseum, Spring Cleaning is sweet one-sided enchantment wipe, and Scattering Stroke is a Mana Drain for UU2.
>>
>>44307650
Yes, it's actually pretty dumb once you get past the poor earlygame.

I mulligan very aggressively with the deck for earlygame cards, then inevitably draw into some lategame as the game progresses.

Also, while there's a ton of huge beaters creatures, most of them do something devastating, and the cards that cheat them into play cost 4-6 mana, so I can usually start dropping bombs as early as turn 4. I also play lots of the more extreme ramp cards like manadoublers, Boundless Realms and Verdant Confluence.

Not to mention a lot of the cards that have a high CMC have alternate costs that make them far more reasonable in reality.

People start to grow real tired of your shit when you just keep on bringing your 8-10 drops back every turn with cards like Artisan, Emeria Shepherd (completely broken), Reya Dawnbringer, Sheoldred, Rise of the Dark Realms, Debtor's Knell etc.

>>44307747
Unfortunately, most of those cards aren't worth it even if you are guaranteed to win the clash every time. Also they lower my decks average CMC
>>
>>44307963
How about Blue Braids?
>>
>>44307586
>fist of suns
You're a pretty cool guy anon
>>
>>44307979
I had to cut cards like that and Wild Evocation because my opponents just used them to fuck me over then destroyed it before my upkeep. After that happening 3-4 times I said fuck it and put in another ramp card.

>>44308005
It's absolutely crazy in this deck.

There's one card I still really need and that's Lurking Predators.
>>
I want an Azusa, Found but still looking
>>
>>44307586
Have you considered wild pair? Lots of 10 total and 18 total.
>>
>>44308134
Funny you should mention that, I was literally just going through my decklist and adding together P/T totals to see if it was worth it.

I think it might be worth trying. Casting a Bringer for 5 and getting a free Reya Dawnbringer in on the deal sounds nice.
>>
File: aylieternalpilgrim.jpg (37 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
aylieternalpilgrim.jpg
37 KB, 265x370
So how does one build a EDH deck around pic related? She seems really good but how do you make a really good deck out of her?
>>
>>44308332
Cleric shenanigans
>>
>>44308169
Cosmic Larva into Vorinclix is fun.

>>44308332

Probably just not!Teysa aristocrats and/or BW clerics.
>>
>>44308350
Other then edgewalker and serra ascendancy, what are some other good cleric cards?
>>
>>44307586
quicksilver amulet
Maelstrom Nexus
>>
>>44308388
Battletide alchemist is pretty disgusting. Can't think of any others off the top of my head
>>
>>44306137
I bought myself a Japanese Gilded Lotus.
...that's it.
>>
>>44306137
I splurge 18 bucks for a modern master sword of light and shadow for my Nahiri deck. I probably shouldn't have but I think it was an okay deal. It was the last money card I really wanted for the deck.
>>
>>44307586
Ooh, question: If you have a Fist of Suns out before you cast Progenitus, can you pay WUBRG?
>>
>>44308366
>Vorinclex

Now that's a card worthy of my Big CMC deck, how could I have forgotten him?!

I also want to add Jin-gitaxias.

>>44308391
I actually removed Quicksilver Amulet. I should probably re-add it, but the few times I played it I never got any good use out of it and I quickly got to the point where I'd rather just hardcast it.

>>44308454
Yup.
>>
>>44308454
>You may pay WGBUR rather than mana cost

I don't know anon. Maybe you should rtfc.
>>
>>44308454
Yep. Fist is a 50% off coupon for the big guy
>>
>>44308582
Quicksilver is good though just to get around counterspells and to give it flash
Also maelstrom nexus. It might put in a bit of work for you to get dat value.
Also, no eldrazi Titans other than Ulamog? No plans or are you just not biting the bullet anytime soon?
Tempt with discovery? People always go for it for some reason
Rush of Knowledge is good too
>>
>>44306137
I do have a foil Magefire Wings. It looks great.
Too bad I can't justify putting it into any of my decks...
All well, it's still very pretty.
>>
>>44301918
French player here.

And the first glaring mistake for a developed French meta I see in your list is HOLY SHIT 5 AVERAGE CMC? WHAT?!

So there.
>>
File: 1328162512743.jpg (58 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1328162512743.jpg
58 KB, 251x251
>>44305138
>Stuffy Doll blocks every single creature, ends up taking like 30 damage
That's awesome. I love that card, especially when you bounce and recast it to choose a new player once the first one is dead.
>>
>>44308332
Daru Spiritualist
Shaman en-Kor
The Soul Sisters
Academy Rector
Mother of Runes
High Priest of Penance
Celestial Gatekeeper
Rotlung Reanimator
Dark Supplicant +Scion
Orzhov Pontiff
Pontiff of Blight

Or just a bunch of Shadowborn Apostles.
>>
File: 1445994898627.jpg (24 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
1445994898627.jpg
24 KB, 500x518
>>44306137
>Disciple of the Ring
My nigga

That card is insane
>>
>>44308586
Well I wasn't sure if the protection from everything included a cost reducing ability like that
>>
>>44308332
You want reanimation, things that trigger on creatures dying or life gain, sacrifice outlets, token generators for sacrifice fodder, and flavorfully some Cleric tribal.

Liliana, Heretical Healer
Karlov of the Ghost Coucil
Edgewalker
Starlit Sanctum
False Prophet
Mother of Runes
Preacher
Fiend Hunter
Serra Ascendant
Athreos, God of Passage
Dictate of Erebos
Gravepact
Dark Prophecy
Grim Haruspex
>>
>>44308752
Working on the Titans. I actually have 10 titans, but they are all in my other EDH decks.

Got the Ulamog today, which is the card that dragged the average above 7.

My playgroup doesn't go for Tempt, and I really do want to find a place for Maelstrom (but I gotta find one)

>>44308916
Cmon man, that's wrong on so many levels.
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (84 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
84 KB, 449x642
>>44308944
Well now I know
>>
>>44305138
>>44308865

>Stuffy Doll
>Pariah
>Volcano Hellion
>>
>>44308966
Oh fuck that's diabolical
>>
File: French-decks.png (903 KB, 1000x1392) Image search: [Google]
French-decks.png
903 KB, 1000x1392
FRENCH DECKS

BE COMPETITIVE IN THE FORMAT NO ONE WANTS TO BE COMPETITIVE IN, EXCEPT THE ONES WHO WANT TO BE
>>
Challenge: Everyone add together the total value of all your EDH decks.

I did and the number was so fucking high I actually became worried I had lost control of my spending. I have, I'm just in denial.
>>
>>44308966
>>44309041
>Pariah
also consider personal sanctuary
>>
>>44309113
I wish I could run that card in my RB group slug deck. Stop taking damage to my own manabarbs...

What I DO run however is Glacial Chasm, which does exactly what you want it to do.
>>
File: Increasing Vengeance.jpg (41 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Increasing Vengeance.jpg
41 KB, 223x310
>>44305138
>>Stuffy Doll is the greatest card ever printed for EDH
True that. I put him in to my Daretti deck because he was a decent fun artifact, and the number of combos that he has done just out of nowhere is fantastic. I was casting blasphemous act because I needed to wipe out my friend's massive token army and halfway through casting it I realized that just by simply copying it I could straight up knock him out of the game too. Stuffy Doll is love.

Also, a guy at one of my LGS has a stuffy doll that he gets all the people killed by it to sign. It's absolutely unreadable and I love it.
>>
>>44306084

Hilarious with Dust Bowl, Strip Mine, Ghost Quarter and Wasteland. Shove in a bunch of cards like Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse to get lots of Elementals and Rampant Growth/Primeval Titan or other cards that grab you lots of land and then keep bringing her back and just ruin everyone's mana pool.
>>
File: 1437009857768.jpg (79 KB, 608x576) Image search: [Google]
1437009857768.jpg
79 KB, 608x576
>>44309110
About $250
I play heavily budgetted, not because I have to but because I don;t like spending money
>tfw thinking about treating myself to all the $2 or less singles I always wanted
>tfw it might cost me about $200
>tfw I might never pull the trigger
>>
>>44309161
I'm considering putting it in Bosh
>>
>>44309110
$800

Not too bad considering how much playtime I get out of them. Cost per hour is probably insanely low.
>>
>>44309214
>>44309247
Jesus, mine added up to $13,000
>>
File: 1320503548857.jpg (157 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1320503548857.jpg
157 KB, 600x450
>>44305985
I never paid much attention to Kamigawa because of its reputatino but holy shit that guy is baller

I have to build with him now
>>
>>44308916
Permanent cards with protection do not have protection while they are not permanents.
and Protection From Everything still means nothing more than DEBT-Everything.
can't be Damaged by anything
can't be Enchanted/Equipped by anything
can't be Blocked by anything
can't be Targeted by anything
Progenitus can be Countered, Destroyed, Exiled, -X/-X'd, Sacrificed, or Bounced.
>>
File: Doomsday.jpg (36 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday.jpg
36 KB, 223x310
>>44309047
Speaking of Narset, I was thinking of putting her in my 5 color deck, and getting her and her some cards for her to use with Doomsday.
Does Narset's ability work if there are less than 4 cards in your deck? Or do I need to worry about giving her haste?
>>
I want to hold marchesa down and eat her ass
>>
>>44309291
Same and I only have 2 decks
>>
>>44309113
Personal Sanctuary is very good, for sure.
It doesn't work with Volcano Hellion though, because his damage can't be prevented.
That Heartless Hidetsugu with infect, though.
>>
File: 1356114646791.png (96 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1356114646791.png
96 KB, 200x200
>>44309291
>>44309385
I've got to see decklists.
>>
File: 1438023043873.png (394 KB, 598x564) Image search: [Google]
1438023043873.png
394 KB, 598x564
>>44309110
>mfw i use high quality proxies that cost 1/10th the cost
>>
>>44309858
I have 9 EDH decks, but these two are half of the total value.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/niv-mizzet-the-firemind-16/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/animar-edh-51/
>>
>>44309110
$385 across 6 decks
>>
>>44309930
dayum nigga.
What are your commanders? Do you even win with those decks?
>>
File: RAGE.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
I have a question concerning Zada and pic related. If I attack with zada and have two nonattacking creatures, do the copies fizzle, so no card draw, or do I still get all 3 draws next upkeep?
>>
>>44309110

Am I not supposed to count edh cards that aren't in a deck currently?

I have 2-3 decks worth of good cards in a binder waiting to be combined and recombined into new decks

I can't be arsed to actually count so I'll use the flawed tapped out.com estimates:

Captain sisay legendary beats
$645
Azami wizard orgy
$321
Mogis spellflinger combo
$316
>>
>>44310667
>copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target.
Could you target nonattacking creatures with Balduvian Rage? No, so you don't make copies for them, as they're not legal targets. There's no "fizzling".
>>
>>44310667

You run lots of haste so that doesn't happen
>>
>>44310969
>>44311016
Thank you, I googled it and found nothing.
>>
>>44311193
You cast Accelerate or Crimson wisps targeting Zada first, so it didn't matter.
>>
File: 1397524741336.jpg (99 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
1397524741336.jpg
99 KB, 600x524
Brainstorming on a Godo deck. Do you think it would be worth including various Twin effects to thin my deck and get a shitload of Equipment onto the field for free? Maybe a Mirror Gallery to circumvent the legend rule and untap all the Godos?
>>
>>44309149
>I wish I could run that card in my RB group slug deck. Stop taking damage to my own manabarbs...
Watching your own health drop like a rock like everyone else is half the fun of a group slug deck. Makes it more exciting.
>>
File: pariah equipment edition.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
pariah equipment edition.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44309149
bruh
>>
>>44312215
Do you have any good spells to finish out the game?

I always manage to get them down to 5-6 health, then they go all out and kill me.
>>
>>44312254
Anya in the command zone with plenty of board wipes and Earthquake effects.
>>
File: 1331137063986.png (143 KB, 332x394) Image search: [Google]
1331137063986.png
143 KB, 332x394
>>44305138
>Stuffy Doll and Kaervek out at the same time

Shit gets wild
>>
>>44312300
Hmm, I should definitely add Exsanguinate..
>>
>>44312346

Exsanguinate
Banefire
Molten disaster
Repercussion + blasphemous act/earthquake etc
>>
>>44310312
My meta is pretty casual, and yeah I do. My $80 Jhoira deck regularly beats out decks 2-3 times the price. All 6 are the complete opposite of goodstuff; all relying on commanders that can abuse very inexpensive cards. Most high CMC cards are very inexpensive, however use a commander like Daretti or Jhoira that ignores CMC, and suddenly a $0.20 card is very, very effective.
>>
>>44309047
>french decks
What does this mean, I'm new to the format but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean the decks are printed in french.
>>
>>44313460
french commander is a 1v1 format with a different ban list.
>>
>>44313460
"French" or "Duel" Commander is a 1v1 format with a slightly different banlist, lower life totals (30 each), and a very different deckbuilding style.
>>
>>44313507
>>44313509
Thanks boys, so is it not right for me to be playing my regular EDH deck 1v1? Like we've just built our first decks and haven't gone to the LGS to play with more people yet til we've got the rules down, is playing like this going to teach us bad habits or does it simply not matter?
>>
>>44311846
I think that could work as long as you have plenty of other creatures that are worth copying too in case you can't get Godo active. Multiple Godos on the field sounds fun but I don't think there are enough copy effects in red to make it reliable.
>>
>>44313555
It depends. If they specifically say they're playing French, you may have banned cards in your deck. The common one is Sol Ring, but double check the banlist. Or talk to them and see if they're okay playing non-French 1v1.

http://www.duelcommander.com/banlist/

The other thing is that decks that are good in multiplayer may not be always as good in 1v1. French is more like 60 card Magic in that hand disruption is more prevalent, the pace is faster, and removal is much more common. Regular multiplayer sees a lot of durdly play, but French doesn't tolerate that as much.
>>
>>44313555
The dynamics of 1vs1 are different from multiplayer which is why things like sol ring are banned and hand disruption becomes good. You should be mindful of that before taking a multiplayer deck into a 1vs1 match.
>>
>>44313681
So basicially regular is more "fun" or casual, while french is tryhard/competitve?
>>44313736
I mean we both have multiplayer cards in our decks but we play to have fun so if one of us draws something like mystic barrier/true name nemesis we just toss it out of the game and draw a new card since it would be a dead card/ridiculously powerful one and we just want to have fun.
>>
>>44313645
Yeah you're right. What else would synergize with that kind of deck?
>>
Pls r8 slivers
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-12-15-sliver-edh/
>>
>>44313796
People play multiplayer competitively (although I think its kind of silly), but French is more tuned towards tournament-style, competitive play. And obviously, you can play French casually, the same way you can play Modern casually, but you're more likely to see tuned, Tier 1 decks than anything else.

If you're just playing for funsies, ask for multiplayer games. If nobody's busy, you'll probably be able to whip up a 4-person game at an LGS or something, or ask about EDH nights. You're more likely to see the kind of silliness that you seem to be looking for, and a multiplayer setting makes it easier to set limits on degeneracy that some people may perceive as being too Spike.
>>
>>44314039
Thanks mate, didn't expect anyone to give me the thought out responses you did. Really appreciate it.
>>
>>44313979
slivers/10
>>
>>44314088
accurate
>>
File: Vendilion Clique (Judge Foil).jpg (43 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Vendilion Clique (Judge Foil).jpg
43 KB, 223x311
>>44306137
I just got the Promo Vendilion Clique, FTV Strip Mine and Foil Command Tower
Depending on how much money I make on christmas and new years, i might buy a mana drain
>>
>>44308332
I will never tire of posting my Ayli list.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/come-on-ayli/
>>
File: mina and denn.png (322 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
mina and denn.png
322 KB, 400x560
Anyone think Mina and Denn would be a good general for a lands control deck? Seems strong to have an Exploration effect always in the command zone. Their activated ability helps protect key lands from LD effects and lets you use Gaea's Cradle and Nykthos multiple times each turn. You can also bounce back cycling lands to protect your Life from the Loam from graveyard hate.
>>
>>44315598
You should also try to do some Scapeshift/Valakut stuff
>>
>>44315598
I wish the land bounce gave you a bigger pay off. just giving something trample feels lackluster. I can pay RG for trample off of kessig wolf run.

I might still give them a whirl if I open one.
>>
>>44315843
The payoff is the bounce. The trample is just gravy
>>
>>44311846
No. That's a little too convoluted for Godo. He's fairly straightforward: Punch people in the face as hard as you can. Get those fat, deadly pieces of Equipment out quick and get them attached, then wreck motherfuckers. Damage doublers are your friends. I was talking with someone about him, and the first thing you should tutor (if you don't mull/draw into it) should be Sword of the Animist, because Godo will die very fast and the Equip costs get pricey even if you have Brass Squire.

He's fun as fuck though.
>>
everyone we're playing commander online

we're using cockatrice but if you've never played using it don't worry it's real easy to set up, i was able to be learn it within a single game. add me on skype if you want to come join us, id is judaselias
>>
Can you force people to search their libraries? I want to make everyone miserable with Ob Nixilis Unshackled
>>
>>44316181
I think Fertilid and Collective Voyage are the only cards that force opponents to search their libraries.
>>
>>44315598
Gonna run it in my Omnath deck for sure though.
>>
>>44316181
Maralen
>>
>>44316385
Oh fuck yes that is delicious
>>
>>44316181
Collective voyage, Maralen of the mornsong (though might give too much freedom), tempt with discovery (though it's a choice), Fertalid, Aquire, from the ashes (again optional), wave of vitriol,

there's more "optional" cards that players would usually tend to use, but this is the basics.

not gonna spoil you, but use advanced gatherer search,
text containing
And; player search
Not; name
>>
Well, here is my current deck. I'm having fun playing it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lilly-hates-your-hand/
>>
>>44315399
I like alot of it, but I dont like having two planswalkers of the same name.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 265x370
Are the Dragons of Tarkir Megamorph dragons worth playing in a tribal dragon deck? I am working on a Temur dragon tribal, so that's a possibility of each of my other dragons getting up to three +1/+1 counters which, depending on what I have out at the time, can add a ton more damage.

On the other hand, that's all fairly expensive Manawise, and even with the Megamorph's +1/+1 counter each of those dragons are kinda weak on their own.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30 KB, 223x310
Should I play this in my voltron artifacts old daxos deck?
I'm still theorycrafting but on paper it looks like I'm going to be the target since I'll have no blockers 99% of the time.
>>
>>44316971
Worthless, not even worth consideration.
>>
>>44316495
Don't get too excited. If they're not retarded, the first person just searches for a kill spell and removes her.
>>
>>44317161
That's still 13 life and a creature from at least one person
>>
>>44317061
If you're only usually attacking or blocking with one creature, then he should fit right in.
>>
>>44317244
True, I'm just saying I've only ever seen her be completely underwhelming.
>>
>>44317117

That's what I figured.
>>
>>44317061
Yes, also spellskite if you can afford it
>>
>>44317335
>>44317283
Thanks for the input, I can't afford spellskite yet but he'll be going in eventually.
>>
>>44317308
Maralen is babbies first "cheaty combo" commander.

Just look at tappedout.

>+90 swamps and Ad Nauseum!
>GUARANTEED turn 5 win (Maybe even sooner if you draw that Sol Ring!)
>shitloads of mouthbreathers screaming at each other about how awesome and badass this is and how they are going to take their local scene by storm

Granted, every decks comment section is like that.
>>
>>44301679
I just pulled a foil marsh flats from a whim to buy boosters. Is this really a seventy dollar card? I'm beyond stoked lads.
>>
>>44317569
From a BfZ booster, as in an expedition Marsh Flats?

Yeah, it's totally $70... I'm buying by the way.

It's $110
>>
>>44317569
Nice
Trade it or sell it and get a bunch of stuff you need
I opened 2 arid mesas pre-release weekend and got $100 store credit each
I bought sets of all the shock lands with them
>>
File: radiant.jpg (42 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
radiant.jpg
42 KB, 200x285
What do you guys think of pic related?
>>
>>44317838

Cool name, good Urza saga flavor

Shit commander
>>
>>44317908
Are there any good urza saga commanders? It really same only cards from the modern barrier have good commanders? Pre modern barrier is usally shit other then angus and rasputin. I just want a commander thats really old is all.
>>
>>44314039
>and a multiplayer setting makes it easier to set limits on degeneracy that some people may perceive as being too Spike.
That is the complete opposite of my experience. People tend to overload on "degeneracy" in multiplayer EDH.
>>
>>44317434
>tfw you did try Maralen of the Mornsong
>in a 4chan Cockatrice game nonetheless
>>
File: Ertai.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Ertai.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>44317965
There's plenty of good old bordered commanders.

>>44318011
How did it go?
>>
>>44318028
O boy I really like this guy thank you.
>>
>>44317965
In Urza block your best options are going to be Karn or Rayne.
>>
>>44317965

Here's a list of pretty much all the old border legendary creatures

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type=+[%22Creature%22]+[%22Legendary%22]&block=%7C[%22Ice%20Age%20Block%22]%7C[%22Early%20Expansions%22]%7C[%22Invasion%20Block%22]%7C[%22Masques%20Block%22]%7C[%22Mirage%20Block%22]%7C[%22Odyssey%20Block%22]%7C[%22Onslaught%20Block%22]%7C[%22Rath%20Block%22]%7C[%22Urza's%20Block%22]%7C[%22Ur%22]
>>
>>44309110
2452.30 across 8 decks according to tapped out it's not nearly as bad as i thought it would be even though 2 of my decks are over 400
>>
>>44317965
Rofellos
RIP rofl
>>
>>44317965

Now that rofellos is banned, Rayne and Karn are the best commanders in Urza's block
>>
>>44317380
in my daxos voltron i also run a crawlspace for redundancy
>>
>>44318028
>How did it go?
How do you think?
>>
>>44318344
People killed your Malaren / countered whatever you tutored for on the following turn.

Alternatively, someone tutored for Stranglehold.
>>
What are some good commanders for politics?
>>
Fuck pox. Fuck pox so much. Its so fucking boring. If your going to semi nuke the field please for the love of god win this or the next turn. Cards like pox, in the wrong hands, all they do is deley the game. They dont make you win they make your lose later. This guy played twice and still didt win. I have no idea how I won. Maybe it was my silver tongue
>>
>>44309110
$70

i only have one
>>
>>44318435
A few days ago I won a game off jokulhaupsing on a board with almost nothing but lands.

I had two lands and a manarock in hand, all my opponents had insane boards and would have won in one or two turns.

Managed to get some draw out, and quickly won off that. I was at 10 mana and drawing 3-4 cards a turn when my opponent got his 2nd land which I strip mined.
>>
File: 20140915_162832.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140915_162832.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>44318286
>>44318301
Thank almighty Emrakul I didnt buy a foil one for my EDH deck.

Ps: fuck Sheldon.
>>
What I have right now is an Oros, the Avenger Group Slug deck, but I want to transition into something else. Any ideas /edhg/?
>>
>>44318496
I'd let you play it
But thats mainly because i ignore the banlist myself
So you can have Fastbond, Channel, Primeval Titan, Sylvan Primordial, and Emrakul too
>>
>>44318613
>Sylvan Primordial
rip buddy, why is he banned when shit like cyclonic rift is allowed?
>>
>>44318647
I think they banned him because shit like conjurers closet and deadeye navigator makes it broken.
>>
>>44318647
I would assume because of Dead Eye Navagator
Or for monogreen Temur Sabertooth and Elvish Piper
It kills stuff and gets you land on etb, thats a lot of card advantage
>>
>>44318647
Because Sylvan HAD to target all players.

In a multiplayer setting, in order to remove that big scary enchantment from one guy and that artifact from the second, you have to punish poor timmy over there who screwed at three lands, completely obliterating his chances of being relevant.
Now all your opponents start reanimating and copying it.
Timmy now has 0 lands.

Also, Deadeye is irrelevant.

It's turn 1 entomb, turn 2 reanimate.
>>
>>44318530
I also started out with a group slug deck (kaervek 4lyfe) and have fiddled about with a whole bunch of shit since then. Reanimator, artifact good stuff, I even tried to make aggro work, up until last night, when I slapped together a Noyan Dar deck and had so much fun playing control that I'm ashamed of myself. To transition from group slug, I'd recommend either stax or control, because it's a very small leap from slug to resource denial.
>>
>>44318779
I play slug because it's hilarious to see stuff like blind obedience, omen machine, and hushwing gryff, make people's "All according to keikaku" fall through the floor, plus they make the game more "fair"
>>
>>44308032
Does fist of suns have a 5 color identity? Or none?
>>
>>44318917

It would do literally nothing in anything other than 5 color deck either way, as you couldn't possibly generate the mana to activate it.

It would be a 3 mana do nothing artifact.
>>
>>44318828
Oh I completely understand. My friends groaning when I pulled out my slug deck because they know they won't have any cards in hand and plummeting life totals. If your goal is to just fuck shit up, aggro can be really fun and rewarding when it works. My go-to deck when people want a quick game is aggro/ combo with Zada, because that goblin makes your whole board lethal as hell on the cheap.
>>
File: 1449550481844.png (203 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1449550481844.png
203 KB, 300x278
>>44319000
First of all, checked
Second: Our playgroup has a Norin player who uses stuff like Planar chaos, Warp world, scrambleverse etc, so creating chaos is fun but it can go downhill
Third: I enjoy Orzhov (gods bless ghost dad and ghost uncle) so I would prefer to stick To black/white/X. We have a money sink esper control player, so I don't want to go all-in control. Was thinking of maybe athreos or a more aggressive, out of the normal colors commander for the next deck. Any advice on that?
>>
Are there any Ban Worthy commanders or cards in Commander right now (apart from sol ring)?
>>
>>44319069
I've only in the last few months stopped playing rakdos colors, so my personal experiences aren't very informed. I have an OG Karlov deck that gains and spends a bunch of life for value. I've never personally played against Athreos, but he seems like a solid orzhov commander.
You're already in mardu colors, which is definitely the most aggressive wedge, so finding something with equal ferocity will be challenging. If you think you can build non-cancerous UG, you can use it to ramp out fatties and smash face. Maybe Kruphix if you just want to ramp our eldrazi, or Kaseto if you want rocket snake voltron.
>>
>>44319217
I am a big fan of the great snake mistake
>>
>>44319252
Build knockout snake and never look back then. Report back when you 1HKO someone.
>>
File: 255-windwaker-link[1].jpg (19 KB, 400x342) Image search: [Google]
255-windwaker-link[1].jpg
19 KB, 400x342
>playgroups that ban cards instead 8f getting gud
>playgroups that change rulings for cards, like Upheaval not bouncing lands
>>
>>44319285
You have my attention, how do i create this great masterpiece
>>
File: Zombie Apocalypse.jpg (34 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Apocalypse.jpg
34 KB, 265x370
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed or Lim-Dûl the Necromancer as commander for my monoblack zombies-everywhere deck?
>>
>>44309110
two RL decks totaling around $700
I use a lot of proxies for high value cards that I own, because im not fucking spending $20 again for another divining top or $70 for another snappy
>>
File: 214.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>44319337
GRIM-GRIN!

Seriously though he's fun as fuck and the value king. Also you just can't beat that rooftop storm+null profusion tech
>>
>>44319304
I'm a complete novice ad deck building, but clearly you're going to need things that buff Kaseto, so I'd build a nice voltron package. Equipment is the obvious solution. There are clearly a lot of green cards that buff power. You're also in the colors for 1/1 counters and easy proliferate. Honestly I'm pretty drunk and have never actually played UG, so I don't know any cards in specific, but if you do a bit of digging I'm sure you'll find something.
>>
>>44319303
Isnt that every group whose players arent into other eternal formats?
>Upheaval not bouncing lands
ffs why? Loaded rift costs 1 more mana, 1 less U, doesnt hit your stuff, and isnt banned
>>
>>44319389
That guy with a Reassembling Skeleton seems like a huge problem. I like it.
But a dimir deck will need a rather different construction, if only to assure the blue mana to get him out.
>>
>>44319446
Rooftop Storm is enough to go dimir zombies.
>>
File: thornbite staff.jpg (76 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
thornbite staff.jpg
76 KB, 312x445
>>44319446
i dont' have a list but when i played him i had a decent reanimation package, obvious card draw and tutors bonus points for draw that makes you discard like Compulsive Research, reassembling skeleton and grave crawler, some lords death baron buffs skeletons ie. reassembling, champ of stray souls, and dimir house guard which is like hidden tech because people tend to forget that your skeletons have death touch from the baron and finally Havengul Lich is a house and totally under rated in edh. Also if you run grimgrin you need to run a thornbite staff with him, it's nice psudo vigilance also you can do some funny interactions by tapping and untapping him
>>
>>44317569
Congrats dude. I have yet to pull one, but I bet you're excited! Will you be putting it in a deck?
>>
>>44318496
I remain perfectly fine with that ban.
>>
>>44309212
Prime Time is banned though, but I agree on the rest.
>>
>>44306102

>not using mana echos and drowing everything in 1/1 sliver token
>>
>>44319097
Everybody and their mother has different views on what is and isn't ban worthy.
>>
>>44319097
Derevi
Purphoros
>>
>>44318400
Selvala
>>
>>44320065
>purphoros
Damn son, if you can't beat monored tokens, I don't know what to say to you. >>44320041
>>
>>44319097
Time stretch. I fucking hate that card.
A time warp says, hey, I'm getting ahead
A timestretch means, I'm comboing off now.
There is no reason to have a card that powerful
>>
>>44320102
I don't really mind it, but I've seen some discussion around banning it on the official forums so I figured I'd mention it.
>>
File: asshole.jpg (51 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
51 KB, 200x285
Dudes, dudes, I got this...
KRENKO, MOB BOSS!!!!
>>
>>44320149
Krenko is a beast in the 99, but as a commander I feel like he's too easy to shut down.
>>
>>44319965
I'm blown away by my luck. First and only BfZ booster I've ever opened.
>Will you be putting it in a deck?
Naw, I don't have a BW deck or the cards to support it. I'd rather use the money to flesh out what I already have.
Or buy more packs...
>>
>>44320237
>Or buy more packs...
And so the $110 turned into $10
>>
>>44320237
If you want to turn that card you don't want into cards you do want, just sell it for store credit and buy singles. You'll thank me for stimying your gambling addiction later.
>>
>>44320212
yeah, I never want to make a deck for him, just because I've seen it way to often
>I cast krenko for-
>Swords to plow share
I hate the concept of politics, but I'll have to admit, it's way too easy dealing with someone with a deck that's as easy to read as a Dr. Sues book
>>
>>44320237
this >>44320257 desu sempai
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.