[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: 1441300568418.jpg (297 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1441300568418.jpg
297 KB, 1024x768
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44384257

Cool Titles Edition!
>>
What's a good title for a level 20 fighter who uses a lot of supernatural abilities/hates the arcane. Basically uses it to hunt it kind of guy. I've taken optimization to a silly end point. Trained in alchemy/has a mutagen, but not well enough to be a full alchemist. Has a lot of pent up anger (has a rage). Basically he is quite a fury. He also has a familiar and can use some spells with the item mastery feats, and has all the bloodline feats for Eldritch heritage (orc).

Any ideas? It's in golarion and need to have something to do with his back story (hammering out the specifics after doing the build).
>>
What kinds of tieflings or aasimar would you like to see?
>>
>>44395194

Shrek.

Alternatively, the "Smash Mouth" or "Rocking Star."
>>
>>44395212
Naked ones.
>>
>>44395212

I want to see Aasimar with good butts.
>>
>>44395212
I want to see Lawful/Chaotic interbred races.

Also I really want to see non human aasimar and tiefling. I want to know what a devil blooded hobgoblin, or an angelic orc.
>>
Is unlimited out-of-combat healing a balance concern? I've seen some complaining about this on PoW stuff, but I thought everyone bought buckets of CLW wands anyway.
>>
>>44395352
It's not, except for idiots who use pre-gens and run the game entirely off of random loot tables, and think potions are a reasonable choice for, well, anything.
>>
>>44395352
I look on unlimited out of combat healing as not a mechanical concern, but a storytelling one.

There's a few things that just get sidestepped from a story perspective, but nowhere near the mechanical sidestepping that something like the Fly spell gives.

I just hate Silver Crane because it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>44395352
I imagine it'd make it easier for the DM, knowing that the party will always be topped off at the beginning of each fight.
>>
>>44395304
>I want to see Lawful/Chaotic interbred races.
This makes me wonder, are there any good/evil mixes already? I feel like it's such an entry level idea there should, but I can't think of any.
>>
>>44395431

It's just the powers of righteous fighting spirit giving you wings and healing you, anon.
>>
>>44395352
If anyone bitches about it just show them this item:
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Boots%20of%20the%20Earth
>>
>>44395470
It's dumb because the thought of punching the ground to heal yourself strikes me as dumb. That's all there is to it.

It's nothing against unlimited healing, the method of delivering it is just stupid.
>>
>>44395523

Ah. I tend to houserule that you do need to be fighting an actual thing that's alive and able to fight back for it to work.

So you can spar your righteous fighting spirit into healing for the party, but you can't punch a tree or a bag of kittens for health.
>>
>>44395304
>Law
Would we have separate ones for Inevitables and Axiomites or the same Lawful race with different options?
>Chaos
Other than Proteans, I can't think of anything else. And we sort of have a Chaotic race with the Ganzi.

What I want to see are some of the Neutral Outsiders like Aeons, but especially, Psycopomps.
>>
>>44395549
Yeah. THAT I'm totally down with. It's just that RAW, and as a lot of people use it, it's someone punching a tree to heal themselves, which just feels... gamey. Gaming the system rather.
>>
File: femdemmaldia.jpg (65 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
femdemmaldia.jpg
65 KB, 1024x665
What are the "tiers" for the new occult classes? I know Psychic is tier 1 but what about the others? Spiritualist is fluffy as hell, but is it any good? I don't want to be the load; my DM doesn't pull punches when it comes to encounters and set pieces.

>As a DM
Distant Worlds is amazing. Anyone got any spacefantasy plot hooks? Especially for Castrovel, Aucturn, or Eox?

>>44395212
>tieflings
All kinds. Gimme infernal seduction and lovecraftian hellbred.

>Aasimar
Less traditional. Think ones descended from feathered serpents and CG outsiders.
>>
>>44395352
A lot of dungeons have their difficulty based around the idea that the PCs are slowly spending resources to get through. HP is one of those resources, and when you make it basically unlimited, you throw a lot of pre-built dungeons difficulty curves right out of wack. Traps that do nothing but cause damage are useless unless they're capable of one-shotting (which would be total bullshit to try and pull) because the PCs just heal back up, no sweat. Every fight has to be made with the assumption the party is at full strength. Several encounterss which would have originally been fairly weak but chipped away at the PCs health if they weren't careful, thus slowly taking resources away from them, instead become total wastes of time, as the party doesn't have to manage its HP.

So, yes, it is a balance concern. It drastically affects how you're going to build encounters and dungeons. I'd say it only exacerbates the problem of rocket-tag at higher levels, and it can make building a really threatening dungeon much harder.
>>
>>44395649

To be fair, with how many ways there are to evade fights and unconventionally navigate dungeons anyway, a lot of the time only a few encounters shouldn't be made on the assumption the party's more or less 100% upon meeting them.
>>
>>44395352
It never is, because even if it was the full casters would just go "stop, it's rest time" and sanctuary/alarm/extradimensional a little earlier.

In fact these supposed "limitations" pitted against the might of vancian full-casters is EXACTLY the reason for the 15 minute adventuring day.

You can't reasonably heal up without magic (for emergencies there's wands and shit but you're literally burning through a limited resource: "Wealth by Level" to do so) so magic decides everything. Magic decides encounters. Magic decides most traps and puzzles. Magic decides where and how you rest and/or recover, and, as such, Magic also decides WHEN.

Those complaining about PoW "unlimited healing" are trying to throw you off their trail: generally it's Level-9-spellcaster types that scream "BUT LOOK OVER THERE ITS PSIONICS AND/OR THINGS THAT CAN BE INFINITE" in order to keep the attention off of them. Because they're doing the same thing or better - usually much better - and when people look too closely at everything they've been doing and can do, people end up realizing that maybe their monk wasn't so great after all.
>>
My lvl 20 fighter's stay spread with only self buffing and no consumables:
Str 56
Dex 22
Con 40
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 16

Do you think this can function at 20? I posted his saves last thread but realize I missed some stuff. They are:
Fort: +43
Reflex: +29
Will: +36

And his AC is 64 and his HP 422.

Is this usable at level 20?
>>
>>44395648
Spiritualist is a functional, but pretty basic, tier 3. Two-thirds spellcasting is decent, their spell list is OK enough, and the phantom is a solid enough pet. Some of the emotional foci have some interesting "aggro" type mechanics that make it better at keeping enemies off of you.
>>
>>44395669
You've clearly never met my party before.
>>
>>44395549
that seems rather unfair/inappropriate when parties are dealing with constructs, enemy vehicles, undead and undead enemy vehicles.
>>
>>44395695
I'm sorry, how in the fuck did you get 56 STR? Well, never mind. Good news, you're good at hitting things. What else can you do?
>>
A friend and I are sitting here brainstorming characters for her friend's campaign. (DM needs lotsa NPC's and asked for help.) After building this rogue with weapon finesse, I wondered;

Considering a monk considers his fists as weapons, is it possible to make a character that uses his dick as a piercing weapon, which would let him use weapon finesse on it?
>>
>>44395807
that and 40 con certainly NOT by staying fighter for 20 levels without at least some reincarnation shenanigans.
>>
>>44395815
What part of
>Beaten to death by hard cock
don't you understand?

It's bludgeoning.

Unless you're like, really really 'small'....
>>
>>44395807
Fly/Teleport/Knowledge Skills/Inflict blind&nauseated&frightened&pinned/Stealth really well/do sonic damage as a cone attack/dispell/burrow/reduce hardness/other things
>>
>>44395862
Can you explain what you're doing to get all this?
>>
>>44395253
Like, 20 CHA good?
>>
>>44395835
>>44395807
It's Mutation Warrior/VMC Barbarian/Eldritch Heritage Orc

Con:
16 (base) + 6 (belt) + 4 (Power of Giants) + 6 (grand mutagen) + 8 (greater rage & +4 courageous weapon) = 40 con

Str:
17 (base) + 6 (strength of the beast) + 6 (strength of giants) +6 (belt) + 8 (grand mutagen) + 8 (greater rage & +4 courageous weapon) + 5 (levels) = 56 str

Neither require spending money on wish books.
Trust me, those scores are natural.
>>
>>44395887
>Fly
Wings mutation
>Teleport
Teleportation Mastery
>Knowledge Skills
Sage Familiar
>Inflict blind&nauseated&frightened&pinned
Dirty Trick Mastery
>Stealth really well
Familiar with +60 something to stealth and if it dies it just reappears the next day
>do sonic damage as a cone attack
Some item, it only does like 1d6, it's shit
>dispell
Weapon material mastery
>>
File: scared.gif (1023 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
scared.gif
1023 KB, 500x234
>>44395908
>this unholy abomination
>>
>>44395958
>burrow
constant burrow item
>reduce hardness
adamantine weapon
>other things
various stuff
>>
>>44395695
>>44395908
>>44395958
>>44396005
>Theorycrafting a level 20 min-maxed abomination

For what purpose?
>>
>>44395991
I call it "making a fighter viable".
>>
>>44396028
Playing in a level 20 game and I wanted to play a fighter, so I decided to make it good.
>>
>>44396053
>Playing in a level 20 game

I don't have enough vomit to properly respond to this.
>>
>>44396065
Level 20 oneshots are fun.
>>
>>44396028
People buying into the 3.5 relic of caster superiority and the way you had to throw 4-5 classes in a blender to make a viable class in those days.
>>
>>44396076
>A "one shot" where characters can literally cast Wish at will
...what?
>>
>>44395908
How are you getting Power of Giants and Strength of the Beast when you only gain access to the 1st level bloodline power?
>>
>>44396131
I will admit, fighting something that got wish every round was pretty dangerous. If our dedicated counterspeller hadn't kept on top of things we would have be teleported to the sun.
>>
>>44396138
Eldritch Heritage
Improved Eldritch Heritage
Greater Eldritch heritage

It gives you the 1st level, your choice of the 3rd or 9th, and the 15th level bloodline power.
>>
>>44392627
So I'm catching up on the other thread, but why are all the races drow?
>>
>>44396167
Oh cool, I'll have to remember that for my next character.
>>
Do sage familiars get more skill ranks for high int?
>>
>>44395704
What about Occultist? I've played with it a bit and it seems like it'll be fine with my group's power level, but I'm still somewhat unsure where it falls on the wider scale.
>>
Alright, some tinkering with the Fusilier has happened to help fix some issues (For one, an intimidate booster is a bad idea when someone can grab Black Seraph on the same character)

Fusilier

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A0B2Un1b5hCNDrecBDymrlSluU9DJwGlo-uPQeyopis/edit?usp=sharing

This is still barely beyond the first draft so any major issues would be really appreciated being pointed out.
>>
>>44396131
just because they can doesn't mean they will, jackhole
>>
>>44396131
Shit that's expensive. I can't afford that.
>>
>>44395897

Damn straight I want some 20 Cha butts, and Angel-Kin with their +2 Strength means they butts will be nice and firm.
>>
Gentlemen, how do we fix Shayliss Vinder?
>>
>>44396606
...Why would you NOT cast Wish every round?

The implication is without cost, but if there IS a cost, then it's hardly 'at will'
>>
>>44396689
>...Why would you NOT cast Wish every round?
to have fun overcoming a challenge? idunno man
>>
>>44396689
>...Why would you NOT cast Wish every round?
Because you don't have enough diamonds?

Because they keep counter spelling your wishes?
>>
>>44396683
You mean remove her nymphomaniac tendencies or be able to get laid without her dad interrupting things?
>>
>>44396689
Wait, how do you get FREE wishes? At level 20 most characters are packing an emergency wish or emergency miracle, but not at will ones.
>>
>>44396803
Ah.

>>44396131 threw me off. Thought we were talking about a oneshot where people actually get wish at will. Which was confusing, because it would be all anyone does ever.
>>
>>44396776

Whichever you think would make her an objectively better character.
>>
>>44396683

I'd make her a lovely young woman interested in DATING one of the Sandpoint heroes, not just get them balls deep inside her as soon as possible. Shayliss wants a hero because she wants the prestige that comes with it, so why does she assume fucking one in the basement will do a better job of this than loudly going out to the Rusty Dragon?

She can still be a shameless slut, she just needs to go about her motives better.
>>
I'm considering making a barbarian1 or 2/alchemist (vivisectionist) X as my next character.

If I am boosting strength by all means possible, is it better to go down the two-weapon fighting route, or go with one big weapon like a greatsword or fauchard?
>>
How do I make a Gunsmoke Mystic with two revolvers? Will it be viable?
>>
>>44397070
You're talking like that'd actually be difficult. DSP classes are generally tier 3, even if sense or theme is kinda ass, and 'dual revolvers' works as far as guns go anyway.
>>
what's the list of the creatures in the Dragon type in Bestiary 5?
>>
>>44397010
If you have enough feat space for it then TWF, if you get Double Slice you'd be dealing 7x your strength bonus over 7 attacks instead of 6x over 4 attacks. If you use your fists you can even use Dragon Style/Ferocity to make it 11x your strength bonus. TWF also works better for Vivisecionist, since you get more procs of Sneak Attack.
>>
>>44397179
In Appendix 8?
>>
How do I buld pic related? All 1pp and 3pp allowed.
>>
>>44397238
Investigator.
>>
>>44397268
But all that crazy unarmed combat and improvised weapons.
>>
>>44397196
no, see, I don't have the book. is it appendix 8? yeah, that.
>>
>>44397286
attack bonus to make up for the penalties
>>
File: file.png (482 KB, 344x849) Image search: [Google]
file.png
482 KB, 344x849
>>44397306
Oh, I assumed everyone had it at this point.
>>
>>44397286
Maybe multiclass into brawler. Or just take improved unarmed strike.

I didn't realize you were going for a direct expy.

I was thinking just a skilled, deductive, cultured bad ass with a sword cane.
>>
With the Leadership fear, would an arcanist be a good cohort to back-up my monk?
>>
>>44397010
>>44397181
That seems good. It sucks that TWF is so ability-intensive, since I will be needing DEX as well as STR and CON. Still, since I will be in medium armour I guess that DEX bonuses will help.

It also sucks how there aren't any 1d8 light melee weapons, but I guess bastard sword/short sword combo isn't terrible.
>>
File: TIEF.jpg (108 KB, 600x1440) Image search: [Google]
TIEF.jpg
108 KB, 600x1440
>>44397323
>Gray
Tell me about the grays in pathfinder, PLEASE.

>Where are they from, what do they want?

>What's their power level, do they make for a good PC race?
>>
>>44397361
The transmutation arcanist in particular.
>>
>>44397342
I actually think investigator will be all I need. Looks good the more I read it.
>>
Why are PoW devs all so smug?
>>
>>44397372
Why does that face remind me of the rival trainer from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal?
>>
>>44397181
Best race for vivisectionist? Other than human?
>>
>>44397408
God. Fucking. Damnit.

I can't unsee it.
>>
>>44397398

Because this is the only place where they can feel powerful, so they let it all out.
>>
>>44397389
Already have a nimble guardian build going for Warcat goodness.
>>
>>44397323
thanks.
>>
>>44397409
Human's probably the best because of the extra feats, Half-Orc might also be good because of the rage feats available.
>>
What should a level 1 Wizard do when he run out of spell? Shoot a crossbow at enemy?
>>
>>44397487
Cantrips bruh
>>
>>44397487
Reflect on ways he could have avoided running out of spells
>>
>>44397487
Crossbow or hide.
>>
>>44397487

Cast rope trick?

Use a fireball?

Cast wish? Simulacrum?

Summon a couple monsters and deal with the problem?

Simply wish the problem away?

You're a wizard, think of something.
>>
>>44397436
It's annoying af
>>
>>44397487
School ability
>>
>>44397511
>Level 1

Reading is hard.
>>
>>44397511
LEVEL 1
>>
>>44397487
Basically >>44397495. When you're low level you can't afford to just lob spells because it'd be funny. Ideally you'd be spending those slots on grease or color spray rather than wasting your time doing damage with magic missile.
>>
>>44397487
If you didn't solve your problem in one round then you aren't playing Wizars correctly.

But seriously, if it comes to that I use a crossbow or throw out some tanglefoot bags. Let your martials do the brunt of the work for now because it will only be a matter of time before you start to trivialize their role. Just think of them as temo hp or summons you can't control.
>>
>>44397363
Since you're Vivisectionist, why not go for Artful Dodge feat? Assuming that you have INT.
>>
>>44397511
Also, the words 'out of spells' mean anything to you?
>>
>>44397544
Unfortunately my enemies weren't in a 15 foot cone, and one of the ones in the cone passed its save. Only one fell over and I felt like I wasted the slot.

Grease works though.
>>
File: IMGP2233_mini.jpg (55 KB, 307x351) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2233_mini.jpg
55 KB, 307x351
>tfw can't decide between stalker bushi or warlord bushi
>tfw the minute I saw the tiefling stalker Favored Class Bonus I felt compelled to make a monstergirl rather than a grizzled old samurai
Sometimes I hate myself
>>
>>44397534
>>44397533

That isn't an excuse.
>>
Trying to make dragonhide armor. I can obtain dragon scales from half-dragons, right? If so, what's the largest living, corporeal creature you can think of at or below CR 10 or so?
>>
>>44397553
It seems like the only downside to this is that, by raising INT instead of DEX, I will be losing a few points of AC?

Is there a better TWF combo than bastard sword and short sword?
>>
>>44397625
Use Gladius instead of shortsword. It's a shortsword+. Also I thinks Falcata is better than Bastard Sword?
>>
>>44397610
Like they have all of these >>44397511
level fucking one.

Have you actually PLAYED any lowlevel games?
>>
>>44397686
He's making a joke. What are you? Retarded?
>>
>>44397540
But Silent Image is funny...
>>
>>44397612
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/vermin/centipede/centipede-titan
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/tortoise-immense

These seem to fit your description
>>
>>44397238
Vigilante (Stalker archetype) or Polymath (Investigator archetype)
>>
>>44397709
cool, thanks much.
>>
>>44397677
Gladius is better than s sword in that it gives a +2 bonus on CMB checks

Falcata is 1d8, 19-20 x3
Bastard sword is 1d10, 19-20 x2
>>
>>44397755
Nah it's better because it can do Slash and Pierce instead of just Pierce. There is really no reason to use shortsword over gladius, especially when gladius can use all shortsword feats.
>>
>>44397755
So as long as you have more than +7 to damage, Falcata will do more average damage?
>>
File: Zed_0.jpg (338 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Zed_0.jpg
338 KB, 1215x717
Think you can stat this guy /pfg/?
>>
>>44397959
Stalker/Umbral Blade with Veiled Moon, Shattered Mirror and Black Seraph.
>>
File: 1437354570172.jpg (241 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1437354570172.jpg
241 KB, 1200x1200
>>44397372
Someone with Bestiary 5 please tell me about grays.
>>
>>44395549
Not even this opponent?
>>
>>44398050
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a download for it around.
>>
File: 1446982598212.jpg (998 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
1446982598212.jpg
998 KB, 1256x1631
>>44398050
Since you asked nicely
>>
>>44398127
>No dowload around
Guys I have been posting the fucking link feeled 100 times. God dammit just look at the threads when it came out.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/joydbt
>>
>>44398050
That abdomen looks off-center. Too far to the right.
>>
>>44398130
Are they ayy lmaos or just regular monsters?
>>
>>44398130
Thank you, senpai.
>>
>>44398147

They're ayy lmaos, hence being humanoids (not Outsiders) and supposedly traveling the gulf of space for subjects.
>>
>Thrashing Dragon Frenzy
>make two attacks with both weapons
>plus two unarmed/natural attacks
>against each opponent adjacent to you
>this means you can make 6 x 8 = 48 total attacks if you're completely surrounded
>as a standard action
This seems silly
>>
>>44398180
...I can turn into it with alter self?
>>
File: elllllmao.jpg (41 KB, 400x563) Image search: [Google]
elllllmao.jpg
41 KB, 400x563
>>44398147
Pic related are also ayy lmaos.
>>
>>44398198
It's basically a spin attack with both weapons. Unrealistic? Sure. Cinematic? Definitely.

Too strong? Probably. Six attacks against everything in reach? Wow.

I'm glad they're reworking Thrashing Dragon.
>>
>>44398241
Magi are from Augarus.
>>
>>44395908
>Neither require spending money on wish books.

Which is just as well because IIRC strength of beast is inherent bonus.
>>
>>44398259

He's talking about Elves, silly.

Elves are from Castroval.
>>
File: kasatha.jpg (123 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
kasatha.jpg
123 KB, 752x1063
>>44398241
>>44398180
>>44398147
I love ayy lmaos in my fantasy. I want to be a kasatha slayer in our next game, but my DM says that'd be overpowered. In a party with a psychic, a druid, and a wizard.

*sigh* I just want to play a character whose concept is basically Predator meets Beowulf.
>>
>>44397916
I see - so, because I will be boosting strength through the roof, the falcata will be far superior.

In that case, the question is whether or not dual-wielding falcatas is worth it, since doing so will reduce both my main attacks and off hand attacks by a further two.

Spitballing numbers:
Barb1/Alch6
BAB +5
Strength is 20 base, 4 raging 4 mutagen 4 bull's strength for 32 giving a strength bonus of +11
TWF is a -4/-4 penalty with two falcatas or -2/-2 with the mixed weaponry

I'm looking at either +12/+12 or +14/+14.

Some rudimentary messing around on anydice.com tells me that it is better to go with the +14/+14 choice i.e. falcata/gladius mix.

Is there any way I could improve on my plan for this character? Except play a wizard?
>>
>>44398272
Yes, and magi are from Augarus and women are from Venus. She's three times the ayy lmao. That much ayy lmao is hard to handle.
>>
>>44398272
Yep. Specifically from Sovyrian, the realm eternal.

I wonder what Castrovel's underdark is like, I mean we KNOW it has one, because of the damn Formians if nothing else.
>>
>>44398303
A giant sex dungeon.
>>
>>44398303

For some reason I always like to imagine the Sovyrian Elves are the LE counterparts to Golarion's wishy-washy CG Elves.

Like the Elf Gates were just there to push the trash out onto another world.
>>
>>44398324
That explains pic related.
>>
>>44398285
ARE there any multi-limbed PC races, actually? Nonpsionic thri-kreen used to be the go-to for plebians, but you could also get multi-arm grafts and do awesome things with diopsids.
>>
>>44398137
Sorry not too much of a regular here and I checked the last bunch of threads, guess I didn't go back enough. Thanks dude.
>>
>>44398357
>ARE there any multi-limbed PC races, actually?

Trox?
>>
>>44398325
I really like this idea. I really want them to give us Distant World's hardcover older brother already.

My players dread the combination of Aucturn and my imagination; they want some canon to save them.

It won't.
>>
>>44398357
Kasatha are in people of the stars and even have a racial archetype.
>>
So, I'm working on a Brawler that's going to specialize in Dirty Trick. There's all sorts of basic feats for improving that, along with the Kitsune style, but I'm at a bit of loss as to whether Mutagenic Mauler or Snakebite Striker would be best.

Mauler gives all sorts of great bonuses while active, but Striker gives sneak attack damage and extra AoOs, which synergizes very well with Dirty Trick.
>>
>>44395649
It's the DM's job to alter his encounters then adding more threats to properly challenge a party that heals. I mean why wouldn't a party heal up after a taking damage before progressing? It makes no sense whatsoever to continue on when you're at a quarter of your HP. This isn't a video game, ultimately your PCs are going to have to succeed otherwise why bother?
>>
File: The Wild Hunt.jpg (98 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
The Wild Hunt.jpg
98 KB, 854x480
>>44398325
>>44398381

Isn't Castroval described as a very warrior-oriented world, anyway? And Sovyrian (the Elven continent) is very isolated and fairly insular?

Sounds like people that could develop one hell of a superiority complex, and if they have access to magic that allows them to travel between worlds... Well, pic related might be a thing.
>>
>>44398379
Not the guy you were talking to, but the Trox race seems pretty cool. Afraid of playing it in case I am perceived as a powergamer though. Large and +6 strength seems pretty ridiculous for only 2 CR less.
>>
File: mydickhasbecomeselfaware.gif (3 MB, 320x210) Image search: [Google]
mydickhasbecomeselfaware.gif
3 MB, 320x210
>>44398445
It's a world of psionics, magic, and proud warrior cultures, yes.

>Elven wild hunt
>mfw
>>
>>44398414
Brawler doesn't get any good boosts for dirty trick. Go Bounty Hunter Slayer.

Brawler's strength lies with the Dirty Fighting feat giving him access to a ridiculous amount of feats for free.
>>
File: 08.gif (5 KB, 782x543) Image search: [Google]
08.gif
5 KB, 782x543
Is it just me, or is Sanctified Slayer almost strictly superior to regular Inquisitor?

What other class archetypes are like that? Do you just go with it when that's the case, and start thinking of it as the default from then on?
>>
>>44398460
They're basically umber hulks. If anyone accuses you of power gaming, remind them druids and wizards exist.
>>
>>44398504
Don't be like that. You can't just use tier 1s as an excuse to walk all over the rest of the game just because you're not one.
>>
>>44398500
>What other class archetypes are like that
Invulnerable rager, and then Tieflings have an archetype for magus with literally no drawbacks.
>>
>>44398534
Well, the benefits are also kinda shitty, so it still manages to be a trap (unless you go for an infinite combo I guess).
>>
>>44398521
I'm Kasatha slayer guy.

I'm totally allowed to use tier 1s as an excuse when the rest of my party are all playing one.

I'm also merely pointing out how arbitrary a call of OP on a melee oriented character is when tier 1s exist.
>>
>>44398521
Explain where it walks over the game
>>
>>44398500
Practically every Fighter archetype because it's always superior to specialize in something. Even a Fighter who says "I'm not gonna specialize in ANYTHING" is strictly better off with Free-Style Fighter or Martial Master, which is close to what a Fighter should have been from the start.
>>
File: 1451167967224.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1545) Image search: [Google]
1451167967224.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1545
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (33 KB, 219x264) Image search: [Google]
1428190838083.png
33 KB, 219x264
>>44398487

Shit, the more I think about it the more I realize the Sovyrian Stone is turned off because the Golarion Elves WANT it off.

What's got them so spooked? The stone is *right there.*
>>
Hey everyone! I have a lot of what would be a good ice world species but I'm curious what kinds you want to see?

Hobgoblin/goblin and elf/orc won for wanted hybrid species, but now let's work towards a unique one!

What features would you like to see?
>>
>>44398494
Brawler does get a significant number of bonus feats, and maneuver specialization is extremely feat intensive.

The Snakebite Striker's ability to get an AoO on adjacent enemies that have been struck by an ally works especially well with dirty trick, thanks to Kitsune Tricks and Dirty Trick Master.
>>
Is that anon with the party playing through WotR that killed off succubutt here? He promised an update on the situation would come, after his DM informed him he had a way to deal with the situation and the problem player.
>>
>>44398633
When was that post anyway, like 2 days ago?
>>
>>44398379
Can't they not actually use their little arms for anything though
>>
>>44395908
Could you post the whole build? I like it so far.
>>
>>44398641
Two or three I think, yeah. He mentioned when his next session would be, but I've forgotten what he said.
>>
>>44398633
>He promised an update on the situation would come, after his DM informed him he had a way to deal with the situation and the problem player.

Wait a second, do you have a link to the player's post or something? I must have missed that discussion.

Was the player into Arueshalae and another player killed her, or something?
>>
>>44398656
I'm at a football game. I'll post it when I'm at a computer. I'll probably make a sheet and show it. It's a fucking autistic build because it's part barbarian, alchemist, sorcerer, and wizard.
>>
>>44398652
That can use them for things, just not wield weapons or other things that require strength or finesse.
They give them Improved Grapple, too.
>>
>>44398671
Thanks, anon
>>
>>44398663
http://desustorage.org/tg/thread/44360328/#44365640
Apparently the paladin was just a metagaming dick
>>
Can I use sun metal on a riverclub from the riverclub ring im wearing?

if not, would it evaporate the club or quench the flame
>>
File: 1446001799617.jpg (32 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1446001799617.jpg
32 KB, 396x353
>>44398708

But... Why?

I didn't know /pfg/ was inhabited by such cunts.

If I was the other player, I'd make it my goal to ruin that Paladin's experience in the AP, up to and including NTR.
>>
Do sage familiars get extra ranks for high int?
>>
File: Iomedae_holy_symbol.jpg (96 KB, 562x975) Image search: [Google]
Iomedae_holy_symbol.jpg
96 KB, 562x975
>>44398751
>but why?

I can think of a reason.

/pfg/ was right all along. How could I have been so blind. The memes were true.
>>
>>44398751
Supposedly, the DM has plans, hopefully it all goes according to keikaku.
>>
>>44395908
How did you get grand mutagen without 16 levels in alchemist?
>>
>>44398803
Mutation warrior.
>>
>>44398803
Not him, but probably with the Greater Mutagen and Grand Mutagen discoveries, which are available to a Mutation Warrior.
>>
wait can i use sun metal and also attack with the weapon at first level? it says it only lasts one round.
>>
>>44398612
I doubt they want the whole "our highborn are slaaneshi sociopaths who travel the cosmos in dread vessels what shine in baleful green warp light hunting sentient races for sport" thing becoming public knowledge.

And I imagine the sovyrian stone is only activated in the most dire of circumstances.
>>
>>44398910
no. unless you can find a way to have 2 standard action.
>>
>>44398966
Is that part about the highborn canon? Source, if so?
>>
>>44399012
why is it a lv 1 spell if its unusable at caster lv 1?
>>
>>44398764
Does anyone know? I've asked for like 3 threads. I can't find an answer on the forums either.
>>
>>44399014
It fucking is in my campaign now.

Paizo is always looking for writers. I think I'm gonna get started on my Castrovel book.
>>
Is there any way for a divine caster to cast an arcane spell without multiclassing/buying a wand or scroll?
>>
>>44399069
There's a mythic ability.
>>
>>44399069
There's like six ways to do it from 3.5
>>
Anyone got a list of stuff you can do to raise your caster level with a specific Sphere in SoP?
I've already got Mage's Tattoo.
Can't be doin' with multiclassing.
Playing an Incanter, specializing in the sphere.
Is my only option a staff/whatever of <sphere name>?
>>
>>44399049
You can touch other people weapon.

Also there are ways to increase caster level even at level 1. Half-Elf gets racial traits that is +1 level to transmutation spell. Transmuter of Korada magic traits is another +1. Add 2gp of Magnesium for another +1 caster level for duration.
>>
>>44399065
Pls respond.
>>
>>44399049
some spells are just like that, honey.
it'd be too expensive to cast as a 2nd level spell, while it's just not worth learning at 1st level unless you specialize the way other people describe.
>>
>>44398966
>>44399068

You could make an entire campaign of this, you know.

Mysterious armored horsemen annihilating isolated villages, taking captives, and setting the rest alight. Players investigate and discover it's a contingent of Sovyrian Elves that have taken to hunting humans as sport.
>>
I love dragonfire adepts!
>>
>>44399340
buddy, yes! underrated class right there.
>>
>>44399333
>PCs journey to Kyonin seeking passage to Sovyrian, the realm eternal
>Elves refuse to help
>Not out of national or racial pride but because
>"We don't open the gate. Ever."
>>
Has anyone here played a Motherless before? How was it?

I ask because you would think they would tend to earn reactions even more extreme then other tiefling types, and I find the kind of dynamics that having blood so impure could create interesting.
also tell us how they looked because I also enjoy that
>>
Who /Crimson Throne/ here?

Seriously, I need ideas and I have no one to discuss the campaign with.
>>
>>44395126
Okay /pfg/ I need a bit of advice. Kind of newish and don't have much of an idea as to what's optimal

I'm playing a dhampir zwei sentinel, and I'm really close to hitting level 4. My CON is not very good (13). I'm speccing towards a lot of Black Seraph/Eternal Guardian/Iron Tortoise stuff.

My problem is that I don't really have an efficient way to heal. I have life dominant soul, but chugging health potions for half effect really isn't cutting it, and we don't have any healers in the party. I'm also not sure if wand of infernal healing would be optimal either.

So since I'm about to hit 4, I'm thinking of trading one of my maneuvers for Fear Eating Technique, for some nice healing on the side that isn't fucked by life dominant soul.

My current maneuvers and stances are
Blade of Breaking
Hunting Party
Valiant Keeper's Stance
Black Seraph Glare
Voracious Drive
Iron Shell
Angering Smash
Scything Strike
Fear the Reaper

I'm thinking of dropping Hunting party for it, because while I have a barbarian teammate, he seems more keen on grappling and other shenanigans than straight up striking and attacking normally.

Incidentally, OP's pic is what I based my character's appearance on more or less.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84 KB, 599x717) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84 KB, 599x717
>>44399435

>Players have the choice to either break bread with Telandia and sort out her ducks before she handles yours, or seek out a mage powerful enough to cast Interplanetary Teleport
>The trip to Sovyrian isn't even one to wipe out the Elves who call that continent home, it's to parlay with the powers that be and have them denounce the actions of their political figures currently engaging in this bloodthirsty past-time
>>
>>44399326
Explain further
I thought sage sorcerers didn't even get a familiar
>>
>>44399558
Combine interplanetary travel with that Stephen King short story about it feeling like an eternity
>>
Ok so guys. I'm the one who hyper optimized the fighter. Are you sure you guys want his full sheet, because I'm gonna warn you it may be more autistic than that wizard build that gets thrown around.

If I'm gonna /tg/ it I'm gonna ham it up. I'm already coming up with names for his items.

>+5 courageous keen adamantine falchion
It's called Heartfelt Goodbye

His armor is called Warm Embrace.

So are you sure?
>>
>>44399558
>>44399435
>>44399333

Shit, let's consider this for a moment.

What if there's a motive beyond merely hunting humans for sport? What if they're looking for Candlaron the Sculptor, the creator of the Aiudara (or Elf Gates) that serve as instantaneous gateways from one continent (or planet) to another. They're hunting him to create a new Elf Gate with which to send the bulk of their forces through and conquer Golarion.
>>
>>44399581
No the sage familiar archetype makes the familiar not use your skill ranks. Instead it gets 2 per hit dice.
>>
>>44399517
The best, most effective way to heal in basically any situation is buying a wand with a low level healing spell and giving it to the guy with the highest use magic device.
A wand of infernal healing is cheap as shit and if you get a fresh 50-charge one it can heal for a total of 500.
That's advice that has worked for many years, there. Almost every character I've ever played has had a wand of infernal healing at some point in their career. It's definitely a good pick-up, always. Maybe if your GM's a cunt and you're poor as shit and it'd take all the PCs pooling their gold together I guess I wouldn't take it.

Also, life-dominant soul says it's only for channeled energy. As in, from Clerics. It shouldn't affect healing from items or spells.
>>
>>44399653
Do eeeet
>>
>>44399644
Yes, show it
>>
>>44399673
Yeah I was definitely gonna get the infernal healing wand for sure but

>Also, life-dominant soul says it's only for channeled energy. As in, from Clerics. It shouldn't affect healing from items or spells.
I thought it affected all positive based-healing?
Regardless, that's how it's been going so far and I really don't want to shake things up over that
>>
>>44399789
>You are healed by channeled positive energy used to heal living creatures and channeled negative energy used to heal undead, but both only heal half the normal amount.
>channeled
It's referring to Cleric's Channel Energy.
>>
>>44399772
It's gonna take me a while to finish it. I am compiling notes on my phone at the game. He may be posted tomorrow but he will be posted.
>>
File: 1450458182018.png (83 KB, 392x267) Image search: [Google]
1450458182018.png
83 KB, 392x267
>I'm sorry [anon], but I just think 15 PB is the only way for character creation
>15 PB forces players to build their character around their role in a party, which means everyone gets their time to shine as one character is simply "better" at something than another
>>
>>44400112
My brother once went to a group where you rolled a d20 for stats
>>
>>44395908
>implying Courageous increases the Str/Con bonus from Rage
Sorry, bruv, but Courageous just gives a bonus to saves against Fear. It seriously isn't even worth the ink they wasted printing it.
>>
>>44400186
I knew a guy who thought you rolled 3d20 and took average. He did this for years.
>>
>>44400262
Read courageous again.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/courageous

It increases other morale bonuses by half the enhancement. Rage is a morale bonus to str/con.
>>
>>44400186

The absolute worst is when this bullshit happens for a campaign that sounds really, really good.
>>
>>44400112
>15 PB
Welp, if I wasn't going tier 1 before I am now
>>
>>44400310
Haha.

It's worse if when I ask them about the availability of specific magic items and they say "you get what you find in the Dungeon" followed by "WBL doesn't matter".

That to me means: "hey anon, you have to pay a t1 with craft wondrous item, and you should focus on summons."
>>
>>44400112

>15 PB!
>Because Fighty McGee isn't sick enough of hearing "well, if you spread your stats more evenly maybe you'd have more utility" while the autistic, anemic wizard with the senses of a brick and the common sense of a lemming outdoes him at everything!
>>
>>44400435
Normally I tell people you can't just go to magic mart, but you can find artisans willing to custom make you shit.
>>
>>44400293
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gg#v5748eaic9tf0

Yeah, nah, bruv. You're free to be all Nick Fury about it, but these are the legit rules for it.
>>
>>44400435
>>44400446

15 PB and that mindset on magic items makes me really think the DM has no fucking idea what they're doing and uses player limitations as a way to mask their incompetency.

A good DM is one that can play fast and loose with their players.
>>
>>44400457
Well I'll be damned. Yeah, decrease his str by 2. You can keep his con the same by buying a wish book. Only 54 str, what a shame.
>>
>>44400473
>15 PB and that mindset on magic items makes me really think the DM has no fucking idea what they're doing
Well DUH. If people knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be running edgy -2 PB cabage-farmer campaigns in pathfinder, where everyone is constantly at 5% WBL.

I mean for fuck's sake, if you INSIST on playing dungeons and dragons for that shit, you could go to 5e where you aren't literally EXPECTED to have access to certain shit by X level.
>>
>>44400435
>>44400473
Seriously your DM is just a dog chasing cars. I've been there. I've been there recently. I love playing shit like Investigator, Alchemist, and Spiritualist, but you can't really build a solid one on 15 points.

I mean ffs PFS uses 20 points.
>>
>>44400533

But anon, people are scared of 5e because you don't have to be level ten or higher in a very specific build to hit someone with a sword more than once and move more than five feet in the same turn.
>>
>>44400473
>A good DM is one that can play fast and loose with their players.

God dammit, this.

Am I wrong when I say the best campaigns have always been ones where the DM pretty much gives you whatever for character creation?
>>
>>44400533
>they wouldn't be running edgy -2 PB cabage-farmer campaigns in pathfinder, where everyone is constantly at 5% WBL.

Remember anon, if you make your players start at level 1 NPC with 10 PB the game will be more ~cinematic~

When you're running everything that low, an Orc barbarian will feel like a boss!
>>
>>44400561
5e has its problems, chief among those is that I believe it went to the opposite extreme in terms of granularity, but at the very least the you can play as a perfectly mundane warrior with no special powers and still *function*.

>>44400587
There has to be a balance between freedom and thematic appropriateness. I ran a kitchen sink campaign where one of the players is just a fucking goat with class levels, and even then there's some shit that was too ridiculous even for that.
>>
File: alice eh.png (390 KB, 544x540) Image search: [Google]
alice eh.png
390 KB, 544x540
>>44400619
>one of the players is just a fucking goat with class levels
What class?
>>
Can you even build a competent martial/gish with 15 PB? I don't thinks you have enough points to get a decent STR DEX CON. Unless you dump every mental stats.
>>
>>44400636
Bloodrager. I'll leave the finer points of how that works up to your imagination.
>>
>>44400660

15 PB gets pretty dangerously close to "SAD class or go home." Even the developers don't actually use it, but it's presented as the standard for some awful reason.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>44400619
>There has to be a balance between freedom and thematic appropriateness

Of course, just because you unleashed your players doesn't mean you won't chase after them if they try to jump the fence.

Your players aren't idiots, so don't treat them like idiots. If they're designing a character in a way that might feel jarring in your campaign, talk to them about it. When you're given something as generous as 5d6 (re-roll 1st, drop lowest 2) at level 6 with Core+PoW, you've got options.
>>
>>44400665
A qadiran with genie blood fucked a goat?
>>
>>44400772
>When you're given something as generous as 5d6 (re-roll 1st, drop lowest 2) at level 6 with Core+PoW, you've got options.
I prefer 32PB, 1st party + PoW personally.

>>44400780
Let's just there's a compelling argument as to why killing wizards shouldn't be considered a crime.
>>
>>44400665
Aren't there Bloodlines that are basically "magical contamination" and "you have GREAT DESTINY!"?
>>
>>44400772
25 point buy Path of War+Psionics.
>>
File: 1449377778753.gif (582 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1449377778753.gif
582 KB, 350x280
>>44400780
>>44400834

>32 PB, level 5, PoW+Psionics
>Mandatory Session 0 where the DM answers questions about the plot, players share character concepts, and the party's origins are fleshed out
>>
>>44400772
>(5d5k3)+3
>>
>>44400869
>Mandatory session 0
There are actually people who don't do this? Literally every first session for each campaign my group plays is a 6 to 8 hour pizza and booze session at my basement bar where we listen to vinyl and talk the ins and outs of the campaign, the tone, what everyone wants out of it, and prior character histories are established.

Meeting in taverns is for plebs.
>>
>>44400914
I wish I had the time, but my group's impatient. They want to start playing NOW, and they all have their own backstories in mind.
>>
>>44400914
>There are actually people who don't do this?

This is how it is for the vast majority of online campaigns, sadly.

Only time you really discover what the other people made is when you either creep on their application or talk with them on Skype before first session.

An online DM that makes a mandatory Session 0 and throws out character creation rules like >>44400869 is the DM you want to keep forever.
>>
>>44400914
My group tends to not have a true "session 0."

Instead, we hang out in a skype chat or an irc room for a week or two fleshing stuff out while waiting for the day we picked for the first session to happen.
>>
File: 1446963577847.jpg (2 MB, 1194x1500) Image search: [Google]
1446963577847.jpg
2 MB, 1194x1500
[No third party permitted] I want to play an Eldritch Archer magus with a gun. What's the easiest way to gain firearm proficiency? I can't afford the feats unless I want to wait until 5th level before I can hit anything and 7th before I can reload easily.

Also, Eldritch Archer gains any one masterwork ranged weapon for free at level 1. Could that include advanced firearms i.e. a revolver?
>>
>>44401060
Heirloom weapon?
>>
>>44401060
Heirl-
>>44401084
This.
>>
>>44401084
>>44401093
You must pay the standard gp cost for an heirloom weapon. Firearms are well beyond the ordinary starting wealth of a level 1 character.
>>
>>44401133
Heirloom weapon + rich parents
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.