[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 21
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 1
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 21

First, an explanation: At the end of the last thread I made a “last post of the night” and, upon seeing an unanticipated response, made another post to give the thread some closure and give me a better opportunity to prepare for this one, hoping to catch as many people as possible before they left. I then made a strawpoll as a follow-up to make sure I was getting a fair read on people's opinions.

Suffice to say, as anyone who follows this quest at all will know, this didn't work out too well.

And thus, a retcon, for the sake of fairness, back one vote. Also because the amount of samefagging is ridiculous. I've got about 10 pages of material for the different options to speed things along though, which is nice. Any potential smut stuff will be met with a fade to black and a brief summary for the time being just so that we can get going, with the actual scene posted a little later on once we're underway. I'd like to apologize again for all the confusion, for continuing the thread after saying I was finished, and for and confusion surrounding the strawpoll. Also for making a mad dash to the grocery store for some soda so I don't pass out early. I shall return, probably in like ten minutes or so.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled quest.
>>
You give her a smile.

“Are you gonna be alright, or did you want me to stick around.”

Jennifer turns over, facing away from you.

“You were going to leave anyway. I was hoping that you'd stay a little while, maybe go for some breakfast, but I'll be fine. I do appreciate your thoughtfulness though.”

You set your pack down.

“So is that a yes or a not to you being alright?”

Jennifer curls up a little more.

“I'll endure what I must, you know that. I'd like you to stay, just for a little while, but I'll manage either way.”

>Stick around for a bit
>Head out
>Give her some affection and then leave
>Other (write-in)

>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/sYia7YGa
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.
>>
>>44399398
How about I "Become" you in the face
>>
>>44399398

>Stick around for a bit
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399398
>Stick around for a bit
>>
>>44399398
>>Stick around for a bit
>>
>>44399398
>>Head out
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399420
>>44399418
>>44399426
>>44399432
>>44399436
>>44399462
>>44399492
>>44399498
>>44399542
Given the number of votes and IPs, the first to three vote is going against majority opinion here.
>>
>>44399398
>Stick around for a bit
>>
>>44399566
Not a new IP.
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399562
Doesn’t matter. Given the bullshit we saw with the poll, we know a few people will spoof IPs.

>>44399398
>Stick around for a bit
Just like the vote Tuesday.
>>
>>44399398
>Head out
>>
>>44399418
Teehee

>>44399562
See
>>44399633
There are people on both sides of the fence on this one who will samefag, as we saw with the strawpoll. Also it's first to three, and if I keep doing recounts and revotes then we'll be here all night sorting this mess out.

-

You opt to stick around for a little longer, heading over to the bed and setting down your pack. You sit on the edge and look at Jennifer for a moment, before shrugging slightly.

“You know, you sure do like putting on a brave face. Or trying to, at least.”

Jennifer rolls back over to face you, looking at you from behind the pillow she's holding.

“Would you prefer I wept for you? Pleaded and begged like I did when I couldn't control myself?”

You shake your head and pull your pack a bit closer, sifting through it slowly.

“Nah, not really. Well... Eh, maybe. I know that playing games and being indirect is kind of our thing at this point, but you can be blunt with me if you want.”

Jennifer nods, pauses for a few moments, and then turns away again.

“It's enough to know that you're considering my feelings. It's more than I've received in a long time. You can go now if you like, you probably have a full day ahead of you, and we won't get any more training done today now that you're burnt out. Except perhaps your blood magic, since that power is in your blood, not your reserve.”

>Stick around for blood magic practice
>Head out, prep for movie night with Sammy and Andrea
>Reassure Jennifer a bit
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44399821
>>
>>44399821
>>
>>44399825
Did you really read all that in 20 seconds?
>>
>>44399843
I have autism, so yes.
>>
>>44399821
>Reassure Jennifer a bit
>cuddles
>>
>>44399852
Fair
>>
>>44399821
Bring up her being a teacher as a possibility if she wishes.
>>
>>44399821
>>Head out, prep for movie night with Sammy and Andrea
>>
>>44399854
>Seconded >>44399821
>>
>>44399821
>>Head out, prep for movie night with Sammy and Andrea
>>
>current favorite quest is plagued by samefagging
Why?
>>
>>44399921
>Current favorite quest is plagued by people voting for something I don't like
FTFY
>>
Just a reminder, Oliver knows far more about Jenny than Sammy, Jenny has spent far more time with him, and he knows what her motivations are, and that she'll gladly submit to the truth spell if Oliver wants to double check that she's telling the truth.
He should have some strong feelings for her, but at the same time, as a 17 year old guy who's spent his whole life as a rover, he should be extremely hesitant to tie down to anyone long term, especially if he doesn't know if he can tell them about his goal.
>>
You grab your pack and sling it over your shoulder.

“I'll see you around then. Keep me posted on what happens.”

You rise to your feet and pat her on her shoulder before turning and heading for the door.

“And I might have a solution to our problems, if you're any good at math. I'll work out the details and see what I can come up with before I make any promises, but it'll keep you safe.”

Jennifer doesn't respond, and you give her one last parting glance before leaving the motel. In the light of morning the place seems a lot less threatening, and you make your way back to the bus unmolested. On your way back to the school you go over your plan for the afternoon and evening. There's going to be a movie, but you have no idea which one, where or when. You also don't know what else the evening will entail. You send messages to Andrea and Sammy to rectify this situation and take a shower while you wait for responses.

You peel off your bandages while you wash up, examining your hands. They're a little red, but they aren't too bad. With burns this light you should have already recovered, honestly. It probably has to do with the burnout. Your healing is slower right now, and so is everything else. Not terribly so, but you can tell your reflexes and your thoughts aren't quite where they should be. You'll have to be careful.

-

-1 penalty on rolls, fumble range extended to 1-2

-

You dress and rewrap your injuries, checking your phone. Sammy informs you that the plan is to meet in the afternoon, hang for a bit, then grab a bite and see the movie. Andrea's text confirms this story, but asks to meet you a little early to talk.

>Meet with Andrea early
>Meet Sammy and Andrea on time
>Show up fashionably late
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44399926
>>44399921
Yeah, It seems that calling out same fagging is as much of a distraction as the actual samefagging. And just to be clear I didn't Vote on any of the Suggestions, Im currently doing something else and enjoying the ride
>>
>>44399945
>Show up fashionably late
>>
>>44399926
>denying there's samefagging
>implying I care which side samefags
Kill yourself senpai.
>>
>>44399945
>Meet with Andrea Early
>>
>>44399945
>>Meet with Andrea early
Maybe she can heal us up a litlle
>>
>>44399935
I'm not sure the truth spell is impossible to fool, and Jennifer had plenty of time to study it's workings as well as a background in magical study, she'd know how to fool it.

Also Sammy wasn't even part of this and trying to make it a vs thing just makes me want to vote against the option you're clearly biased towards.
>>
>>44399975
Or kill us.
But sure, let's see this drama, change >>44399955
To>>44399975

But be nervous. She isn't our friend, after all.
>>
>>44399988
you're my friend anon.... a very special friend.
>>
>>44399967
>I don't actually have evidence and it wouldn't have mattered if there was samefagging because the other option didn't even have three votes in total, but there's definitely samefagging, and it's definitely a problem
>>
>>44400010
>>44399967
Alright guys let it go, you're killing it for everyone else.
>>
>>44399984
So, now you're not going to trust mechanical things QM tells us? And I wasn't trying to make it a vs thing, I was just summarizing how we've spent all our time relationship wise. None of which should hold Oliver too much.
>>
>>44399997
Thank you silver. I'm sorry we didn't get to spell out hemomancy runes.

Maybe QM will share that later anyway?
>>
You tell Andrea that you'll show up early and change into your skater outfit. It's the more casual option, considering your party outfit it made of some sort of durable silky material. It may or may not be resistant to being torn or pierced, come to think of it. You'll probably experiment with it at some point. You go over your personal belongings for a moment and contemplate what to bring.

You pocket your lighter and your phone, as well as your wallet and keys, and opt to leave the rest. If your burnout ends before the end of the night you might be able to get some light practice in with your lighter (heh), and your phone has your hero suit. Bringing the rest of it seems like it would be excessive and risky, and you're not sure you can justify dragging your bag around everywhere. Hopefully you don't come back to find Presence rigging every trappable object in the room.

You head into town, back to the shopping district, and find Andrea wandering around outside an ice cream shop with a scoop of mint chocolate chip. She's not eating it, she's just walking around with it, the way a secret agent might wander around with a newspaper to obscure their real purpose for being there. From the way it's barely melted, it looks like she's only been here a few minutes ahead of you.

>Stride on up, see what's on her mind
>Sneak up and surprise her, nothing bad could happen
>Stealth mode, sneak over and try to figure out what's going on
>Turn around and walk away
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44400074
We do this a lot. It's kinda our thing.
>>
>>44400062
Potentially. We'll see. It means I have material prepped for next time at any rate, I just need to rewrite parts of it. I might just retain it for now so I can keep things moving if things get lewd later.
>>
>>44400062
Holy shit i might as well put a trip called "Not-Silver" cause this is the fucking 8th time. You guys have called me out unless it's just one guy calling out silver.
>>
>>44400046
>now you're not going to trust mechanical things QM tells us?
Has the QM said the spell is completely infallible in every way, shape and form, reveals every motive behind every answer to every question in convenient chart form, that we know an entirely unaltered version and that there is no conceivable counter to fool it in all the worlds?

Even then, no, I probably wouldn't believe him, because he's told us to shadowrun, which we know to be something we should do from experiences thusfar, and rule 67 of Shadowrun is to not trust your DM.
>>
>>44400074
>turn 180 degrees and moonwalk towards her like a completely normal Michael Jackson.
>>
>>44400096
It's true. You should never trust a DM ever. I've been foreverDM since my first year of highschool, I know from experience.
>>
>>44400074
>>
>>44400074
>>
>>44400074
>>Sneak up and surprise her, nothing bad could happen
This is gonna be the one time where sneaking up on someone is gonna get our jaw broke.
>>
Sneak roll plus Conceal, +4
Speed roll plus Dode, +4
>>
>>44400096
Don't believe it OOC then, but IC, Oliver could /tell/ when Jen was holding back and trying not to mention the whole truth.
Please try to avoid the meta actions.

Oliver's a naturally suspicious person, but to his mind, he could tell when it was the truth. Or am I mistaken, QM?
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
sneak
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
Dodge
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
Sneak
>>
Rolled 12 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
Sppeeeedy Dooooddeee
>>
Rolled 13 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
Conceal
>>
Rolled 19 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
Speed
>>
Rolled 17 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44400144
dodge
>>
>>44400151
Oliver isn't arrogant enough to believe that he knows and sees all truths, but as far as he can tell, Jennifer was telling the truth. Maybe she has a super awesome poker face and is constantly faking her "tells" to throw him off, but from what he's seen, Angie's poker face is better and he can read her reasonably well.
>>
>>44400213
I was talking about with the blood spell. The sensations told him when she was trying to hide things and lie, right?
>>
>>44400074
>>
>>44400228
Yep. He could feel when the spell was reading a lie and when it wasn't. Even half-truths pinged as lies.
>>
>>44400096
See?>>44400237
IC, Oliver knows he can get the truth out of anyone, as long as they're willing to go under the spell.
>>
You opt to sneak up on Andrea. Really, what could go wrong? You wander towards her slowly, keeping out of her line of sight and using the terrain to your advantage. As far as you can tell, she can't see you. You approach her from behind and grab her on the shoulders with a smile.

“Boo!”

You manage to avoid getting slammed in the face by her fist, and when she goes in for a kick you sidestep out of her range. She glares for a moment, before laughing.

“I was expecting a sneak attack after out last fight. How's it going?”

You shrug slightly and smile.

“Reasonably well. I didn't just get cold-clocked or knocked out, so I have to count that as a win for me. Yourself?”

Andrea licks her ice cream briefly.

“Decent. Listen, I wanted to ask a favor. Can I talk to Sammy alone when she gets here. I want to tell her about... how I feel. Felt, I mean. I'm still alright with you being with her, I just... I have to tell her what was going on. But I also don't want it complicating things. So what do you think? Can I steal her away for a few minutes to bring her up to speed?”

>No, I don't think it's a good idea
>I'm fine with it
>I don't want you to
>Are you sure you need to do it alone?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44400281
>I'm fine with it
>>
>>44400281
>I'm fine with it
>>
>>44400281
>Sure, but you might also want to talk about your friend in the woods. Trust me, it'll go over better than you think. And might clear a few things up.
>>
>>44400281
>>Are you sure you need to do it alone?
>>
>>44400151
>Oliver could /tell/ when Jen was holding back and trying not to mention the whole truth.
Which didn't reveal her motives behind why it was truth, prove it was unaltered or prove it impossible to trick through any means. And all it did was catch one of potentially eight deceptions, and possibly not even everything. Truth can still be deceiving.
>>
>>44400345
See>>44400237
Any form of attempted deceit pinged the spell.
>>
>>44400281
>I'm fine with it
>>
>>44400323
Fair point about the friend in the woods thing. Yay or nay to this?
>>
>>44400382
Yay
>>
>>44400382
Sure.
>>
>>44400382
I guess? I say let her do whatever, but eh.
>>
>>44400368
Any form of lie or half-truth pings the spell. Not a synonym with deception. Also not proving it always catches them, just that it caught *one* of them.
>>
>>44400412
Fine, be suspicious all you want, but remember that IC Oliver trusts it.
>>
>>44400382
Yea
>>
>>44400437
>remember that IC Oliver trusts it.
I will remember no such thing. The QM has previously established that we are an extension of Oliver's psyche and incorporated our statements into Oliver's state of mind (e.g. Oliver shadowrunning because we shadowrun), so by my doubting it, it becomes a seed of IC doubt that can be acted upon even if it wasn't already present.
>>
>>44400463
The logic is sound on this one.
>>
You nod a bit.

“I'm fine with you talking to her about it, but you don't need to steal her away for it. If you have to then sure, but I'm fine with you talking about it in front of me. It's not going to offend me or anything.”

Andrea nods and takes a bite from her ice cream.

“Alright, but I still think it would be better to handle it by myself. No offense or anything, but it's kind of a personal thing. I do appreciate it though.”

You smirk slightly.

“Least I could do. And you might want to tell her about your friend in the woods. Trust me, it'll go over better than you think.”

Andrea looks at you for a moment, squinting, before she sighs.

“She's... not what she seems, is she.”

You give her a shrug.

“Not my place to say. But it'll go over well, don't worry.”

Andrea nods and checks her watch.

“Sammy will be here in a little while. Wanna hit up the arcade and have her meet us there? I bet I can kick your butt at something to pass the time.”

>Wanna bet? I'll take you on, name your game.
>Nah, you'd school me. Let's just wait here.
>Let's play something co-op instead, maybe House of the Dead or something
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44400508
>>
>>44400508
>>
>>44400508
>Wanna bet? I'll take you on, name your game
>>
>>44400508
>>Wanna bet? I'll take you on, name your game.
>>
>How about a nice game of Polybius?
>>
You blink, then smile.

“Is that so? Pretty cocky for someone who's about to lose. Name your game, I'll grind you into the dust.”

Andrea looks at you, then at her ice cream, and tosses it into the trash.

“I'll make you eat those words.”

She laughs and turns, walking off towards the arcade. You follow behind her, eager to beat her at whatever she chooses. You're a fair shot in the shooting simulators, you've seen enough fighting game stuff to get the gist of it, and you're pretty confident in your luck.

So your heart immediately sinks when she leads you over to the DDR machines and pulls out her wallet, loading the machine up with change and stepping onto one of the dance pads.

“Best of three sound good? Or shall we risk it all on one song?”

>Best of three, I need to warm up
>Just one is fine with me
>I'm actually not feeling so well, so this doesn't seem like a good game for me
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44400508
>>Wanna bet? I'll take you on, name your game.
we buddies now
>>
>>44400618
More chances for success or failure.
QM are you factoring in the negatives we've got, or do we need to?
>>
>>44400618
>Best of three. What are we betting?
>>
>>44400618
>>
>>44400618
Of all the times to not have Ballroom Dance.
>>
>>44400618
:>Best of three
"...you would pick this...welp, man o' my word. Let's see how it goes."
>>
>>44400652
I'll factor them in for you. I forgot to for the last rolls, which was my bad, but it wouldn't have changed the result, so...
>>
>>44400668
If only Kotijah were here.

Speed roll plus Acrobatics, +2
Smarts roll plus Perception, +0
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400693
Acrobatics
>>
Rolled 14 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400693
Speed roll plus Acrobatics
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44400693
Smarts
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400693
Speed
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44400693
smarts
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400693
Speed
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44400693
Perception
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44400693
>Smarts roll plus Perception
>>
You get onto the dance pad and take a moment to limber up.

“Best of three, I need to make sure that I'm up for this.”

Andrea nods slightly.

“Fair. Let's do a practice round first off, see what you can do.”

She picks a fairly easy song and hits play, and you spend the first song getting used to the game. It's all about timing and keeping your balance while you hit the notes. You can time it pretty well, getting it almost perfect the first time through, although your footwork could use a little polishing, and you nearly stumble towards the second half of the song when it picks up. Andrea turns to you as the song ends, her score a little higher than yours.

“So I was thinking we should make things interesting. What should we wager? Cash? Favors?”

She smirks at you.

“Maybe a kiss from Sammy?”

>Small money bet
>Large money bet
>Slave for the afternoon
>A kiss from Sammy vs something of equal value
>Honor and glory
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44400816
>Honor and glory
>>
>>44400816
>>A kiss from Sammy vs something of equal value
>>
>>44400816
>A kiss from Sammy vs something of equal value
>>
>>44400816
>>Honor and glory
>>
>>44400816
>Honor and glory
>>
>>44400816
>Honor and glory
>>
>>44400816
>>A kiss from Sammy vs something of equal value
This seems fun and someone else gets to be happy
>>
>>44400835
>>44400836
Don't be scumbags. That's not even something we can wager.
>>
Speed roll plus Acrobatics, +2
Smarts roll plus Perception, +0
>>
>>44400867
>whoring somebody out is fun
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44400873
Very am smart.
>>
>>44400816
>>Honor and glory
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400873
Speed roll plus Acrobatics
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400873
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44400873
>Smarts roll plus Perception
>>
>>44400873
Perception
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44400873
smarts
>>
>>44400881
>She smirks.
>“Maybe a kiss from Sammy?”
She could've very well have been sarcastic and even if she wasn't who gives, It's all for fun dude. also it's not like we're fucking man whores or anything with the route we're taking.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44400873
>>44400907
Doh
>>
>>44400921
Not him, but I'm not sure how your post is a counter to anything he said. I'm not even sure if English is your first language after that.
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400873
Speed
>>
Need another Speed roll
>>
>>44400921
The problem is that there's two different groups of anons. There's a group that hard-core waifued Sammy, despite all in universe logic, and there's a group that doesn't want to waifu anyone, and plays Oliver as a semi-normal 17 year old.
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44400958
Speed
>>
>>44400868
Sure it is. It's not like we're gonna lose anyway.
>>
>>44400972
There's also the group that wants to nail Jennifer super hard, either to derail things or because they genuinely like her better.

And the group that shadowruns forever and always. I call this group "the smart group", except when they go overboard, which is frequently. But that's fine, it keeps people alive.
>>
>>44400881
>implying this isn't a typical high school bet in the western world
>>
>>44400972
The thing is that the first thing is absolutely something I could see a semi-normal 17 year old with Oliver's background doing with, as far as we know, the first person their own age they've befriended, who was in need of help (thereby playing into Oliver's clear hero complex) and who is clearly interested in them romantically.
>>
>>44401009
Well, I don't want to nail Jennifer, since QM implied we'd have to claim her, and Oliver should be wary of anything like that still, but I do think he should have some feelings for her.
>>
>>44400935
I just dont see how it's whoring her out when we ourselves are whores, and she could very have been joking any how and if she wasn't who cares, it all for fun
>>
You shake your head.

“Honor and glory. That's what we fight for. We'll fight it out, and in the end, only one of us will stand victorious.”

Andrea nods.

“So bragging rights then?”

You smile a bit.

“Isn't that what I just said?”

Andrea spins the dial and sets it to the highest difficulty setting.

“Game on then.”

Your legs hurt so much. You didn't think it would be so intense, and you might have pulled something in the process. The final score isn't bad though. Andrea only barely edged you out, and you beat her on the second song. You lean against the machine and catch your breath, smiling and using your blood magic to knead your muscles. The one trick that never gets old, magical massage. Andrea is panting and grinning, and she points her finger at you.

“I win... Bragging rights are mine...”

You nod and offer her your hand, and she takes it, shaking firmly.

“You fought bravely, but my footwork was fancier and my beat was elite.”

You nod and clasp her shoulder.

“Indeed. Truly, you are the best there is.”

Your phone buzzes, and Andrea slips her own from her pocket to check it. You read the message from Sammy, and look up to spot her right behind Andrea, creeping closer.

>Let nature take its course
>Distract Andrea
>Tell Andrea Sammy is there
>Wave to Sammy
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44401056
>>
>>44401056
>>
>>44401026
Okay, see, we're just looking at it differently, I guess. From the intro, it's not like they moved every week or two, he'd spend months at a time in places. Enough time to get attached before leaving.
I agree he should be helping, but he shouldn't be feeling anything more than some fondness and lust, and maybe a little irritation that she keeps getting into trouble. She should know better, after all
>>
>>44401056
>>
>>44401047
>I just dont see how it's whoring her out when we ourselves are whores
Being a whore doesn't make whoring someone else out less whoring someone else out. I don't understand what your logic is supposed to be there.

>who cares
She might like us a lot less for being willing to take that bet, maybe as far as taking it as a sign we'd take advantage of Sammy's crush for personal gain. She's protective of Sammy, remember.
>>
>>44401026
And Jennifer meets all those same flags, with the addition of her wanting to help him get stronger.
>>
>>44401056
>>Let nature take its course
>>
>>44401132
Well, she doesn't meet the first, since by definition of that flag only one can have it. Also, I wasn't talking about Jennifer at all and it annoys me so much that you've brought her up for no reason that I almost want to invalidate my own argument in fury.
>>
You decide to just let things progress naturally from here, smiling a bit. Andrea looks up from her phone.

“Sammy said she's going to be a little late. Wanna go another round?”

Sammy tackles Andrea from behind, taking her down to the ground with a shout.

“Take down!”

Andrea lays there on the ground for a few moments before grumbling and lifting her head.

“Ah, pain, my old friend... There you are, the whole gang is back together...”

Sammy straddles Andrea's back and smiles at you. It's like looking at a happy dog that just brought down the mailman and is now sitting there wagging its tail, waiting for praise.

“Hey there. Sorry I'm late, I didn't know we were meeting up early.”

>No worries, neither did I, I just happened to drop in
>Andrea has something to tell you. I'm gonna go get popcorn.
>Let's all grab snacks and chat. Sound good, Andrea?
>Help them both up, invite Sammy to play a round
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44401167
>>Let's all grab snacks and chat. Sound good, Andrea?
>>
>>44401167
>>Let's all grab snacks and chat. Sound good, Andrea?
>>
>>44401167
>>
>>44401167
>Help them both up, invite Sammy to play a round
"on the other hand..."
>>
>>44401157
And I don't see why you're getting so angry. Those two are the major conflict of the relationship discussion. You can't make your arguments for Sammy into a vacuum. It's not no reason when you're only acknowledging one part of the discussion. If you want to argue that Oliver should be feeling super attached to people because of his past, then he should feel that way about both of them, and Angie. Though he should be feeling a little hesitant about Angie, since she'd probably try to stop him if she knew what his goal was.
>>
>>44401126
It's a fucking a kiss dude, we're not selling her fucking body out, she's being playful, so my opinion was that if we agreed it'd be to heighten our friendship with her incase we asked for a favor in the future. You guys want to argue over anything
>>
>>44401243
Well there's one anon here who calls himself autistic. Can we really be surprised he doesn't understand normal human interaction?
>>
“No worries. I just kinda bumbled in early. Andrea was playing DDR so I decided to try to kick her butt. Turns out I didn't.”

Sammy stands up carefully and pulls Andrea up, dragging her to her feet.

“Fair enough. Andrea is the queen of that game.”

Andrea puts her hands behind her head and grins.

“It's true, I have a crown from a tournament that I won.”

That would explain her kick strength then.

“Well, if we're all here then let's go grab some snacks and catch up on things.”

You give Andrea a sidelong glance, and she seems to catch on to your intent.

“Sounds good to me, I worked up a bit of an appetite. Something light though, otherwise we're gonna spoil dinner.”

Sammy smirks.

“Right, because you've always had such difficulty with eating a lot. Honestly, the moment you stop exercising you're going to blow up... You eat enough for three people.”

Andrea rolls her eyes.

“It's more like two. And I burn off all that energy anyway.”

Andrea glances at you, and this time it's your turn to figure things out. Maybe the dryad draws energy from her and redistributes it to the forest or something? And in return for fueling its growth, she gets sick powers whenever she needs them?

“So, snack time?”

Andrea nods, leading the way.

“I'll go order us a pizza and some soda.”

Sammy turns toward you.

“I guess we should find a seat then?”

>Tell Sammy about Andrea's feelings and the dryad
>Hint that Andrea wants to tell her something
>Grab a table with Sammy, don't tip Andrea's hand for her
>Tell Sammy about your magic lessons
>Tell Sammy what's going on at home in case she doesn't know
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44401295
I just wanted people in the story to be happy,

If Andrea kissed maybe Sammy would realize some feelings and we could stop being dicks by trying to Nail her mom behind her back.
>>
>>44401326
We can tell her about her problems at home later. She deserves to know, but it'd torpedo Andrea's stuff, and we already gave our word on that.
>>
>>44401326
>>
>>44401326
Accidentally blew myself up with fire magic after your mom told me not to press my luck casting too many spells. It was fun.
>>
>>44401243
Sometimes people get pissy if you take their playful behavior as a serious suggestion.
>>
>>44401326
>>Grab a table with Sammy, don't tip Andrea's hand for her
Lets not fuck over Andrea
>>Tell sammy about your magic lessons
>>
>>44401326

>>
>>44401326
>So, Sammy, I was talking to your mom last night and apparently I'm pretty good at Rune Magic. You know anyone at school I might be able to talk to about that? Does the library have books or something?
>>
>>44401327
That might happen anyway, anon. We can always hope. Castle Waifu is still a go. Andrea and her druid can have the spooky forest around the castle, Sammy can guard the gate. We'll put Catherine in the moat.
>>
>>44401243
>not understanding the principle of the thing
It's pretty fucking rude to use someone else as a bet without their knowledge.
>>
>>44401405
Not really. It's pretty normal in high school.
>>
>>44401432
Your two statements are contradictory.
>>
>>44401400
I think Catherine and Mel are way better, Catherine's Patient and Mel is.... a tsundroid

>>44401405
Dude, do you really think Andrea is as fucking autistic enough to go up to Sammy and say "Hey I won a bet and now we have to kiss"
BTQM isn't shit at writing, he'd know to formulate a plan to enforce it without their being problems, that's of course implying there wouldn't be Dice rolls.
>>
>>44401464
No, because what's rude is behavior that's socially unacceptable. Therefore, if it's something that the majority do, it isn't rude. It may be insensitive, but that's an entirely different argument.
>>
You head for a table with Sammy and get settled in beside her, glancing around. Andrea is on the line for food, so you decide to kill time by telling Sammy about your magic lessons. You take out your lighter and set it on the table.

“Wanna see a magic trick?”

Sammy looks at it for a moment, then at you.

“I'm guessing that you mean... actual magic?”

You light the flame briefly and try to manipulate it, but nothing happens. You pocket it and sigh.

“Well, it was worth a shot... I had my first proper magic lesson last night. I actually got in touch with your mom and had her tutor me for a little while. She taught me a couple tricks about fire, but I burnt myself out.”

Sammy looks at your hands briefly.

“Is that why you're working on your mummy cosplay?”

You nod slightly.

“Pretty much, yeah. I tried to make a fireball. Turns out it was an explosive fireball. And the range sucks.”

Sammy gently takes hold of your hands, looking you in the eye.

“Don't push yourself too hard. I know you like to go overboard with stuff, but this is dangerous. And... I know I told you my mom knows about magic, but she can't actually do any. Maybe you should find a different teacher, someone who can actually demonstrate it. That and with how things are at home right now... it's not a good time for it. My dad hasn't been himself...”

You nod a little.

“I know. She told me a little about it. I'll be careful. With all of it. I promise.”

Sammy nods and smiles a bit, before lightly kissing your palms.

“Alright then...”

>Ask Sammy about something (write-in)
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44401469
Mel will, of course, be in charge of digital security. After all, we aren't some transylvanian idiot, we'll want WiFi in Castle Waifu.
>>
>>44401509
>Other
>Use our telekinesis spell to flick the lighter open and shut.
>>
>>44401509
>Ask Sammy about something (write-in)
Any vamps trailing her? Would she be up for some hunter training to avoid getting jumped so easily in the future?
>>
>>44401551
>>44401554
Why not both?
>>
>>44401509
>Ask Sammy about something (write-in) Any other trouble with vamps? Hopefully things will work out soon and we can relax a little.
>>
Spirit roll, +1
>>
You know, if we have such an aptitude for rune magic, we could go all Death's Gate Cycle/Demon War Cycle and tat ourselves up with powerful runes we could then charge with magic at need.
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44401634
ILL SHOW YOU MY SPIRIT....
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44401634
>>
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44401634
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44401634
>>
>>44401634
Why isn't it +2?
>>
>>44401650
Turns out I dont have alot of Spirit.
>>
>>44401650
>>44401651
Well we are burnt out, but maybe >>44401660
Will do for this simple spell.
>>
>>44401665
Because we have a -1 to everything. Read the thread.
>>
>>44401665
-1 to all rolls to burnout anon
>>
>>44401665
>>44399935
>-1 penalty on rolls, fumble range extended to 1-2
>>
>>44401237
After reviewing the conversation, I realize you now think Jennifer was relevant due to BTQM's post which I didn't see.

I'm still angry.
>>
You pull out the lighter again and look at it, before trying to use your telekinesis spell to open and close it. It works just fine, which is reassuring. It means your blood magic isn't affected by burning out your regular magic, although you do notice that the precision of your control is a little lacking since your head is a little foggy. You set it down and fiddle with it while you talk.

“So... Any other trouble with vampires? Because if you're being followed or something...”

Sammy shakes her head.

“I triple checked before I left, no one was following me.”

You nod a bit and turn the lighter around on the table with your magic before attempting to light it. You manage to get a flame going, and snap the lid closed to put it out again.

“Alright, just making sure. You told me to be careful, so I'll tell you the same. If you want any help or tips on protecting yourself...”

Sammy looks over at Andrea before turning to you. Andrea is pretty close to the counter now, and she looks over to wave at you both.

“Vampires and werewolves fight pretty evenly. Monsters are almost always weak to other monsters, on top of their other weaknesses. A werewolf can kill a vampire without a stake, and a vampire's touch is like silver for a werewolf, if they want it to be. I know you want to help, but I can handle it. I've handled it for a while now...”

>And now you're in actual danger and need the tools to protect yourself
>Alright, I'm just offering. I worry, but I'll trust you.
>I'd like you to reconsider. I won't force you, but I think it'll help.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44401719
It's important to feel your feelings and express them.
>>
>>44401734
>There is a huge difference between natural talent and actual practice. Just keep that in mind Sammy.
>>
Oliver -keeps- trying to cast magic even though he's burnt out.
>accidentally kills himself
>Or crits so hard his magical reserve cracks and he becomes a Magic Eater
>Can now never be a vampire
>Must rely on Angie and vampires to get shit done.
>Spends a couple hours a day beating himself up for being a moron.

The future is bleak.
>>
>>44401734
>>I'd like you to reconsider. I won't force you, but I think it'll help.
I've had to save you from them twice now, haven't I?
>>
>>44401734
>>Alright, I'm just offering. I worry, but I'll trust you.
>>
>>44401734
>I'm not shitting around. I have crosses, holy water, incense, even a small hand-crossbow.
>>
>>44401749
>0 Smarts
>>
>>44401744
I love you BQM
>>
>>44401719
Well I'm sorry you're angry. I still don't understand why. It seems like you only want to view a portion of the issue, and are getting upset that I feel we can't fairly discuss it without mentioning everything relevant.
>>
>>44401749
Blood is separate from the reserve we've burnt out. Telekinesis is blood-based.
>>
>>44401764
Doesn't mean we're retarded. ) means average person 1 means clever 2 means really smart 3 means a borderline genius and 4 means a legit genius. 4-5 is human max in any stat.

>>44401784
Point is we kinda need to let our magic recover and only use it in desperate situations otherwise splat.
>>
>>44401734
"Maybe so, and I know you can take care of yourself. It's just that you do have people looking out for you. There's no shame in accepting help. Plus we're stronger as a group"
>>
>>44401796
Need another vote to decide between "I trust you" and "You should probably reconsider"
>>
>>44401803
already voted boss and I ain't gonna samefag.

>>44401748 was me
>>
>>44401817
I salute you then. Thank you for not samefagging.
>>
>>44401803
>I trust you
>>
>>44401796
But we do need to practice blood magic more. If we get more control and power with this spell we won't need a crossbow or a gun, just a sharp stick.
>>
>>44401734
>There is a huge difference between natural talent and actual practice. Just keep that in mind Sammy.
>>
>>44401845
True, but using it when our inner magic reserve is shot only hurts us in the long run. We can wait a few days to recover. Don't want to work out our magic with a pulled "muscle."
>>
>>44401817
>>44401751 is me, I'll switch to trust you.
>>
>>44401864
Eh, all this spell costs us is twice the calories wait would take to move it by hand, so we'll just eat a bit extra.
>>
You look at Sammy for a moment and shift your lighter back to your pocket.

“I know you're strong, but if you rely on just that alone it won't end well. You can handle yourself, I get that, I'm not trying to say you can't, and I'm not going to force it on you, but I'd like you to at least consider what I'm saying. I want to help protect you, and help you protect yourself.”

Sammy looks down and sighs.

“Fine. I'll... I'll consider it. I know it's the smart thing to do, but I really don't need it. I know that I've had some rough encounters with them lately, but before that I was fine, and it's not like anyone else at the school has a major issue.”

Andrea walks over with the pizza and sets it on the table, along with the drinks, and Sammy perks up.

“I got a plain cheese pizza since I didn't know what toppings you guys wanted.”

Sammy grabs a slice and digs in, and you do the same, while Andrea grabs two slices and makes them into a pizza sandwich. Sammy giggles a bit.

“You're so weird.”

Andrea rolls her eyes and takes a bite.

“Maybe. But you're the one who used to eat pizza with a knife and fork, so you're at least half as weird, if not more.”

You smile a bit, and engage in some light debate with Andrea and Sammy about the proper way to eat pizza, which quickly turns into a debate over pizza toppings and styles. Sammy likes Sicilian pizza with fresh mozzarella and tomato slices, while Andrea is a fan of Chicago deep dish pizza, with bacon bits sprinkled on top.

>Now is a perfect time for Andrea to talk to Sammy, duck out briefly
>Bring up the fact that they have secrets to share with each other
>Let things progress on their own, no need to meddle
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44401953
>Now is a perfect time for Andrea to talk to Sammy, duck out briefly
While we're outside, text Jennifer asking her to make a Rune Magic primer for us, since she said she studied it too.

Since part of that is knowing what the runes mean, we can just study that during the classes we don't like.
>>
>>44401953
>>Now is a perfect time for Andrea to talk to Sammy, duck out briefly
>>
>>44401953
>>Bring up the fact that they have secrets to share with each other
>>
>>44402003
>>44401953

Second
>>
>>44402003
W-we should also snapchat catherine our dick

Mel too..
>>
>>44402101
>Mel too..
I've heard worse ideas
>>
>>44402003
this
>>
>>44401775
I was angry because I felt you were trying to bring Jennifer into a discussion where her relevance would be pretty much nonexistent for no good reason.
The original point of contention, and the only one I was aware of at the time, was if Oliver's feelings for Sammy were in-character. His feelings for Jennifer were not contested by the original statement, as such there was no reason to mention her in any capacity.
I'm currently assuming you took BTQM's post as a similar contest to Oliver's feelings for Jennifer and wanted to attach my post to her as a counterpoint and just phrased it in an easily misunderstood way, which is far more acceptable to me than my original assumption.

I'm still angry mainly because I'm terrible at letting go of anger.
>>
>>44402115
You're right, she probably doesn't even have the right Fleshlight installed.
>>
Hey, checking the archives to catch up on older threads, I noticed a couple of the more recent ones were missing; any idea what they were archived under? I'm headed over to foolz right now to see what I can find anyways, but a link would speed things up if anyone has it quickly
>>
>>44402101
That's terrible and you should feel terrible. From cancer.
>>
You grab your drink and smile.

“I'll be right back. I'm gonna get a refill. Also I need to use the restroom. Probably not in that order.”

You pause and set your drink down.

“Maybe I'll just use the restroom first so I'm not carrying an empty container into the... You know what, nevermind.”

You turn and head off, leaving Andrea and Sammy alone and giving Andrea the most discrete thumbs up you can. You head off a little ways and pull out your phone and ducking into the bathroom, texting Jennifer about rune magic and asking her to put together a primer on it. You lean against the wall by the sink and wait for a response, which comes fairly quickly.

“It's all built on logic. Simple commands woven together into more complex ones, which in turn form even more complicated sequences. You design the runes and their logic yourself, or rather, you already have. There are symbols in your subconscious, things that mean something to only you. The first step is drawing those out and identifying what your runes are. I'll look into it.”

You head out of the bathroom and look over at the table. There's no sign of Andrea or Sammy. Typical. You check your phone, but there aren't any messages, so you're guessing Andrea and Sammy will be back soon.

>Let them be
>Go looking for them and watch things unfold
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44402123
I'm sorry, I made the original post, and my point was that Oliver should not be having extreme feelings for anyone, from my point of view; or that if we play it as he's going to be super clingy now that he can, he should be that way towards everyone he's starting to like.
Logical extention of character actions, instead of just being slapdash about them.
>>
>>44402153
I think 19 or 18 or somewhere around there was archived under furfags.

Because someone is very upset about wolfus.
>>
>>44402153
The archives are purposefully bad and poorly organized because I let other people manage them. The results amuse me, so I continue to allow it. What do you need links to?

>>44402168
I did not know this. I need to check the archives now, and laugh heartily.
>>
>>44402153
18 wasn't numbered, and 19 was labeled as 18, I believe

>>44402160
>Let them be
We said we would.
>>
>>44402160
>Let them be.
>>
>>44402168
Ah. That would explain it, thanks. I'll check. Also for some reason the archives are out of order, I accidentally went from 14 to 16 and 17 before realizing I missed 15 entirely
>>
>>44402171
Found it under the furfags tag, thanks tho BTQM. Someone is certainly angry. Angry about wolfus.
>>
>>44402160
>Let them be
>>
You sit at the table and work your way through your second slice of pizza and get yourself a refill on your soda before Sammy and Andrea come back. Sammy's hair looks a little out of sorts, and Andrea's cheek is a little red, like she was struck. Sammy sits beside you and curls up at your side, and Andrea looks away a bit, focusing her attention on her food. You clear your throat to break the silence, and Andrea looks at you.

“We had a... minor misunderstanding...”

Sammy nods a bit.

“Sorry for overreacting... I just thought...”

Andrea nods.

“I know what you thought. It's fine. I guess that just proves it wouldn't have worked though...”

Sammy clings to you a little tighter.

“I didn't realize that you liked girls... It's... I feel a little uncomfortable, I'm sorry...”

>Try to smooth this situation out somehow
>Maybe this hangout wasn't destined for greatness, rain check?
>Pull Sammy aside for a talk
>Pull Andrea aside for a talk
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44402238
>>Try to smooth this situation out somehow.
>>Pull Sammy aside for a talk
>>
>>44402238
>>Try to smooth this situation out somehow
>>
>>44402238
>Try to smooth this situation out somehow
>>
>>44402238
>"Eh, shit needed airing, and needed it for a while now by my count. So, did you two talk about me or should I say my piece yet?"
>>
>>44402238
>>
Schmooze roll, +0
>>
>>44402238

Alright so now that we have our teenage romantic issues out in the open onto our other biggish secrets. Both of you already know I'm a normal human that knows of magic. Can either of you guess why I'm saying this in front of both of you?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44402272
>>
>>44402267
This. Instead of>>44402269
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44402272
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44402272
RE-FRIEND
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44402272
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44402272
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44402272
big fat pussy lips
>>
>>44402281
Good roll anon
>>
You stroke Sammy's back gently.

“Sammy, I know you're uncomfortable right now, but Andrea is still your friend, no matter what. Whatever you guys were talking about just now, you know she's not going to hurt you. That's the furthest thing from her mind. She even made sure to grill me about my intentions to make sure I wouldn't let you get hurt.”

Sammy nods slightly, and you turn to Andrea.

“So, what happened, exactly?”

Andrea grabs her cell phone and texts you the story. She started by unveiling her dryad-based powers to Sammy, who in turn revealed her ears and that she's a werewolf. When Sammy called herself flawed, Andrea took her hand and told her about how she doesn't see her as flawed, and likes her. Sammy thought Andrea was trying to jump her and slapped her, and they sorted things out, kinda, before coming back. You sigh a bit.

“Sammy? I think you owe Andrea an apology. Not for hitting her, because I've gotten my fair share of it without complaints, but for how you're acting. She opened up to you because she trusts you, and she wanted you to know what was going on before she lost her chance. And you hit her, for being honest.”

Sammy frowns and looks at Andrea, slowly lowering her gaze and hanging her head.

“I'm sorry. I just... It freaked me out. I... don't like girls that way, I think. And I think it's weird that you do. But you've always been weird, so I guess... that can be alright, so long as you don't... try anything weird with me...?”

Andrea shrugs and smirks a bit.

“This is pretty much the reaction that I was expecting at this point... But it's fine. It's, what, one in ten people who are gay? I've got decent odds of finding someone.”

She grins.

“We'll figure it out.”

Sammy nods and smiles a bit.

“We should probably head to the movies soon... What should we see?”

>Something scary
>Something funny
>Something romantic
>Something with action
>Whatever you guys want
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44402420
>Something with action
>>
>>44402420
>Something funny.
>So, since you didn't get on to me, my dad was a monster hunter and I'm pretty damn talented at it, so naturally everyone in town shit their pants when I randomly showed up at school and helped out Sammy with a problem. That problem being Vanessa, who in addition to being a bitch was also a vampire.
>>
>>44402460
Why anon? The fewer people who know all about us the better.
>>
>>44402420
>>Whatever you guys want
And a time warp please QM.
>>
>>44402478
She's a friend, and Sammy will tell her anyways. This way, we say what everyone already knows.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.