[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, Eyeballs you. Yes, you. Do you have characters or character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: ss+(2015-11-26+at+08.34.10).jpg (70 KB, 370x363) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-26+at+08.34.10).jpg
70 KB, 370x363
Hey, Eyeballs you.

Yes, you.

Do you have characters or character background that you wrote that you're particularly proud of yet have never got use because the campaign died before it started?

Whether too many people flaked out, It wasn't really scheduled well to begin with, or the GM couldn't get enough players YOU, YOU went through all of the trouble of making a character and writing backstory.

Share characters who's dreams of glory died before they began.

Here's one I made for a Dark Heresy game that never took off: a Nobel birthed Scum with Monstrous Lineage by the name of Rikka Mannerhiem.

The last surviving member of the House of Mannerhiem, Rikka was born into plenty. Before its demise the House of Mannerhiem claimed a dozen spires of the most populous hive world in the Calixis sector as their domain. The Mannerhiem's traditions, rituals, and the origin of their strange appearance were as shaded in mystery as their meteoric rise to power. Rumors circled abound of borderline heretical activities including, the ritual consumption of human flesh and blood. Word spread and grew within the rival houses until speculation gained enough traction that it garnered the interest of the Inquisition. Inquisitorial Storm Troopers smashed the spire top palace of Mannerhiem to pieces and killed all inside.

All except one.

Little 14 year old Rikka fled down into the under-hive swearing a blood oath of vengeance upon all that had wronged her. For a few years she eked out a meager existence living off of scraps. Until the winds of fate blew and she fell in with a group of underhive gangers. Through a combination of cunning, tact, charm and utter ruthlessness she came to lead them. She used them as a spring board for the creation of a larger criminal element in the upper levels, a cruel parody of the once revered house of Mannerhiem. From there she wormed her way upwards seeking revenge on her sworn enemies in the now dominant rival houses.

(Cont.)
>>
>>44385973

But, things do not always go as planned. The Nobel houses caught wind of her survival and the subversive element at her disposal and set the planetary regulators on dismantling her little low-life army. Once again she escape with barely with her life; this time fleeing the world entirely.

The Emperor smiles on those who persevere; the very same Inquisition that destroyed her family is always on the lookout for those who are cunning enough to serve within its ranks. None the worse for wear, a still vengeance hungry Rikka Mannerhiem has been pardoned of her crimes and taken on as an acolyte in His Holy Inquisition.
>>
>>44385973
Practically everyone does.
Though in truth, it's usually shit.
>>
File: Eduard.png (774 KB, 731x959) Image search: [Google]
Eduard.png
774 KB, 731x959
I'm currently waiting for a 5e Eberron game I got accepted into to start on Roll20. Problem is, there's like 8 potential players not counting the DM, and a lot of people don't see to be making much headway.

It's not that special, but I've worked on the character from the bottom up and am liking him.

He's part of House Deneith, basically a third cousin of the main line at this point. His father's a general in the Sentinel Marshals, and he was almost always absent during the character's childhood. His mother is the head of a small family of masons that married into the Deneith line. She was a spoiled child who did a pretty shit job raising her own.

The combination of daddy issues and haughty nobility is something I've never played as before, so it's something I'd like to explore.

At 16 he joined the Sentinel Marshals, as was expected to him, and turns out he's good with a bow. Absurdly good--in 5e terms, Archery fighting style and Sharpshooter feat at level 1 good.

After basic training, they send him down south to the desert elf lands, Valenar, where he does his duty as a Marshal under the wing of an elf ranger named Adriel. Over the course of four or five years, she furthers his expertise with the bow til he can peg a goblin at 200 yards, teaching him her people's language and the basics of survival. He goes from snobby boy to a man with a pragmatic view of the world. Maybe there was some romance going on there, I'm not sure yet.

The shadow of his father looms heavily over him, especially as he becomes more experienced. On a trip back to Sentinel Tower, reporting like all Marshals do, he gets offered a position in something called the Thronehold Project (specific to the campaign). He sees this as an opportunity to finally rise above his father's shadow and make his own name. Deeper still, it's his chance to prove himself to his father and to distance himself from his mother, whom he can only see now as a disgusting, greedy sloth.
>>
>>44386123
Daddy issues make for good motivation I find.

I like to make characters that are kind of selfish at some level because most people really are.
>>
>>44385973
>>44385984

Did they drop because you pronounce Noble like you spell it and everyone got confused?
>>
>>44385973
i actually pride myself on writing the vaguest back stories possible in a manner that no one can give me shit for.
>>
>>44385973
Nope.
>>
File: 1446353898928.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1446353898928.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>44385973
Not exactly. I got to use the character in my current campaign. I wrote his back story and history of the town to help the DM get ideas. I get a feeling he didn't read it much. Kept having a mentor character I wrote that left town on a journey to stop slavery in another area somehow still being there and in charge of my character's clergy.

Half way through the campaign the DM found out our wizard player could make roll20 maps on some program and started having him make all the maps. Both of them tell me to draw a map of my character's town because I left the description vague enough, aside from a few things, so they could add what ever they needed and so I can be surprised with what the DM came up with. Decide to make a basic map in photo shop, send it to the wizard.

Wizard player is half way done with the town's map but all of a sudden the program doesn't work anymore and he hasn't been able to fix it since. DM uses the basic entry way and a place we can fight a boss in the middle of the town that was already built. We beat the boss, leave and never return. Ever since the wizard's program went down we fade to black and arrive wherever we need to be instead of traveling like we used to. Then we got a magical flying van and that made for some fun situations.

Not too bugged, just kinda disappointed. The DM can make great character interactions and has been great for the most part but halfway through the campaign he has started losing his passion to be a DM. This will probably be my first and last 3.5 campaign with him as the DM since he hates the system now. Aside from some things, this has been a fun introduction to D&D.
>>
File: MFW.gif (1000 KB, 450x234) Image search: [Google]
MFW.gif
1000 KB, 450x234
>>44385973
>drop loads of backstory hooks about a pirate captain who is out for my character's blood, hoping DM will incorporate it into some part of the story
>DM has an NPC go 'oh yeah that guy, i killed him last week'
>>
>>44385973
>worldbuilding campaign in which the players take on the role of a pantheon of deities and create a fantasy world
>write out painstaking detail about my god, excerpts from scripture, holy orders, typical followers, and even have a few ideas for what his ultimate designs will be
>game pronounced DoA
>>
>>44385973
For a fantasy craft game set in a windwaker like flooded world I made a large Sea Serpent.

He had a strong fascination with magical artifacts (very rare in the setting) and was on a quest to find them, competing against a ruthless pirate captain.

He was specced entirely for diplomacy and was attempting to gather the artifacts and amass a strong political backing for his schemes to take over the world (read: the ocean.) He never quite understood how scary he looked

Campaign only lasted a few sessions before real life issues for the GM got in the way.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.