[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wod/ & /cofd/ -- Realms of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: angelos ex machina.jpg (389 KB, 850x315) Image search: [Google]
angelos ex machina.jpg
389 KB, 850x315
>NEW Werewolf Article Is Up
http://theonyxpath.com/the-giver-of-gifts-1-werewolf-the-forsaken/
>NEW Werewolf Article Is Up

What does your character miss most from when they were human? Alternatively, what do they expect from becoming/living as a human?

Previous thread: >>44310113

--------------------------------------------------------
>Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-changeling-the-dreaming-20th-anniversary-ed
>The Onyx Path Official Website
http://theonyxpath.com/
>Drive-Thru RPG, for all your legally-obtained book needs
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/
>A Mega bin, for your less legally-obtained book needs
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw
>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Abn1a6PgUCa19KbjdNcmNMWms/view?pli=1MWms/view?pli=1
>Mage reading material
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>Horror shorts
http://www.underworldtales.com/classic.htm
>HtV insiration
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/
>>
File: Chapel Geist.png (377 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
Chapel Geist.png
377 KB, 620x453
Damn, I was a minute late. Nice new links, though.
What is that Mage mega?
>>
>>44343013
Just to make sure I get you correctly here, is everyone in the party Ridden?
>or ideas about it ?
First order of business: Look at Wraith.

Secondly, hash out a primary motivation for the human character. If I read it correctly, Spirits are often attracted to places that mirror things or emotions they embody.

Therefore I suggest playing it in a way that has the Ridden at first be simply more enthusiastic about whatever their passion it, but soon descend into monomania as the spirit increases their hold on them.

Think of it like a (super)hero story. Regular people do good things. A superhero goes far beyond that in both attitude and capability.

Now twist it to the point where the would-be hero loses all sense of perspective and you've got your story.

A nature hero becomes an eco terrorist, a crime fighter moves from being Batman to being Dexter, etc etc.

>>44344727
>>44344688
>What is that Mage mega?
Occultist books of various types.
>a minute
Whoa.
>>
Next part of the Giver of Gifts should go up tomorrow, with new Shadow Gift and Wolf Gift included.
>>
So /wod/ how well do you think WoD would work for a Samurai Champloo esque game?
>>
>>44344978
LOVE YOU CHRIS
>>
>>44344978
Dude, you're awesome. You know that?
>>
Hey Chris, if you're still hanging around. So Aspel decided to base is homebrew Geist manifestations on your gifts. Do you think that's a solid choice?
>>
>>44345059
>>44345714
Thank you :)

>>44345759
That'll kinda depend on what bits of Gift design he wants to use for Geist manifestations. There's nothing wrong with looking at Gift parameters and nabbing whatever suits Geist from them certainly, but it's important to keep an eye on what suits Geist thematically and in terms of game mechanic incentives.
>>
>>44345028

It'd be an awkward fit, but it's gameable. You might want to wait for The Hurt Locker to come out if you plan to play with a 2e CofD ruleset.
>>
>>44346037
Wait, I used an emoticon on 4chan, I think that's supposed to be a capital crime or something.
>>
>>44346068

Thirty years in the isocubes, creep. That'll teach you to use anything but smug anime girl reaction images.
>>
>>44346037
Nah, I'm not using Gifts directly, just the design theory. I was actually using the mechanics already, sort of, and a lot of the design theory is stuff I already was sticking to (don't do things that overlap, which is an issue Geist 1e had IN SPADES).

I'm not actually using too much from Werewolf in particular, more the ideas behind them. Having you explain how you make Gifts is useful for people who want to make other powers.

For the Manifestations, I've broken the individual powers up as "Unlocks" and each one is purchased the way that the Facets for Shadow and Wolf Gifts are purchased (though it isn't a one for each sort of thing; Phantasmal Caul might have 3 Unlocks while Cold-Wind Caul might have 2). I'm also going back to the original Geist idea of using ranked Keys, which are treated similarly to the Renown of Werewolves.

You can check out my notes for Manifestations if you want; they start on page 8
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMgt9996QXnCahP_B6acce9_vZuj5myu_3RC7JYygpw/edit

I really need to get back to this, but I'm still planning for Werewolf and struggling with a shitty computer. Come to think of it I should also be doing Christmas presents...
>>
>>44344605
>>44344727
There's even a few German texts in this. I love it!
>>
Anything good come out of that 12 Days of Onyx Path thread?
>>
>>44346334
I totally missed anything they might have said explaining exactly what 12 days of onyx path is. What's up?
>>
File: Merry Conditions.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Merry Conditions.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44346334
I made these.

>>44346447
Contest to make some funny Condition Cards.
http://theonyxpath.com/announcing-the-12-days-of-onyx-contest/
>>
>>44346251
If Chris actually gives you feedback, it would be the coolest thing ever. Seriously.
>>
>>44346251
I may take a look at some point; it's a bit late here at the mo, and tomorrow will be busy - they do the main Xmas celebrations on Xmas eve here in Poland rather than Xmas day itself.
>>
>>44346973
Wait, Poland? I thought you were a Brit. Your name is conspicuously non-Polish.
>>
>>44347027
Wife's family, maybe?
Maybe his real name is Czyks Alenwovic
>>
>>44347027
He's married to one of the other players from Dave's old group, who is from Poland.
>>
>>44347027
We're visiting my wife's family for the holiday.
>>
>>44347187
Damn. And I thought from Sweden to Finland was far to go for Christmas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMbgqmbSeBY

ok so in my hunter game i'm trying to date a hot demon guy because we're the most cancerous of cells and i think this song is rlly good for demonic romance.
>>
>>44346495

Wow I totally forgot that there's a link to the forum thread for it: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/786156-12-days-of-onyx-condition-card-submissions

They are definitely...festive.
>>
Any good resources or techniques for generic NPCs in Mage The Awakening? I don't have a problem coming up with NPCs but it's a hassle having to basically roll up a character whenever I want someone significant.
>>
>>44347696
Do you/your character know what kind of demon?
>>44346277
>There's even a few German texts in this. I love it!
Glad you enjoy, anon.
>>44346251
Pretty neat. I'll need to make an account that's not my main one eventually.
>>44346241
...Obrimos Legacy that's all about LAW. Is there such a thing yet?
>>
File: arena_001.png (21 KB, 145x129) Image search: [Google]
arena_001.png
21 KB, 145x129
>>44347816
>Do you/your character know what kind of demon?

Descent demon. The cell is working with him because my character's stigmatic and sorta-kinda doomed to be used as a human sacrifice by the G-M if we don't do something.
>>
>>44347816

>...Obrimos Legacy that's all about LAW. Is there such a thing yet?

It is now.
>>
>>44346973
Careful, Chris. You may reach DaveB worshipped status.
>>
Anyone have pictures of Chris I can jerk off to?
>>
>>44345028

In my experience WoD works for anything that doesn't have creatures that go beyond size 10.
>>
Sup anons, this is out: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/160891?src=DTRPGFB
Anyone has a PDF? I'm thinking of buying the hardcover premium but would like to see what's it like first and don't want to spend money on a pdf if I plan to get the actual book
>>
>>44344605
>What does your character miss most from when they were human?

Life off the clock. Needing to fit everything into the hours between set and rise means you have some pretty serious behavioral restrictions, and needing to use blood not just to wake but for all the supernatural shit you want to get up to means you can't really relax, either. Vampires are the worst splat.

>Alternatively, what do they expect from becoming/living as a human?
Retaining their awesome magical powers with none of the associated drawbacks. Ordo Dracul life. #CoilofBloodinOurTime #Golconda2016
>>
>>44347696

Thinking of that song and demon romance made me almost puke. Thanks.

>>44347786

I just give them generic mook stats and a 3/2 split of their ruling arcana.
>>
>>44347816
>>44348135
LOL LAW feels more like an Exarch thing desu senpai.
>>
>>44348588
The man is happily married, anon.
>>
>>44348817
Law has positive aspects.
>>
>>44348817
>LOL LAW feels more like an Exarch thing desu senpai.
Ah, not quite. Seers are all about being arbitrary and despotic. The laws only apply to them as long as it's convenient.

An Obrimos with high Wisdom would instead recognize that power requires rules those with and those without power abide by (I feel like this theoretical Legacy would get along fairly well with the Uratha's views on life) and thus would fight for a world where laws and legislation are apply to ALL creatures, not just those too weak to defy them.

>>44348656
>misread Premium as 'Primum' for some reason

ANGELS HATE HIM! OXFORD UNCHAINE RAISES PRIMUM WITH THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK!
>>44348135
Gonna share?

>>44347917
>if
Your character's pretty optimistic.
>>
>>44348946
i'd call it "justice" rather than law.
>>
Speaking of Law, one of the GMC scenerios is bacically Shin Megami Tensei with the GMC having the same Law views as YHWH.

Either choose a sterile world with absolute law and no free will, a world of chaos where pain and pleasure is at their extreme (Lucifer and the Celebrants) or choose humanity and tell them both to fuck off (the superior and canon neutral route to every SMT game after the first).

I always wanted to do WoD/SMT hybrid and I guess so did someone at OPP.
>>
>>44348928
It really doesn't.
>>44348946
That's delusional.
>>
>>44349134

Let's be real: whoever heard of a Mage that didn't have delusions, be it of grandeur or something else? Hubris is the name of the game.

>>44349052

I'd like to know who wrote the scenarios for the GMC/CofD core so I can tell them how cool it was. I had a lot of fun running the Road Trip track.
>>
>>44349052
There's a SMT homebrew for NWOD called Goddess Reborn Chronicle. Look it up.
>>
>>44348749
>Thinking of that song and demon romance made me almost puke.

great, unstable mass of blood and foam?
>>
>>44347187

I know I've been around /tv/ for too long when I read that as "visiting my wife's kids for the holiday."

>>44348500

I think he already has. People have stopped sucking Dave's cock nonstop now because 1. There aren't many spoilers left to spoil and 2. mage is late and I'm sure there is some resentment there. Whereas Chris is fun and doing stuff other than waiting for projects to be greenlit. Just look at the last few threads and see how hard the Chris circle-jerk is.

Not that its bad, but thats just how it is.

>>44349220
>Dave Brookshaw, David A Hill Jr, Danielle Lauzon, Matthew McFarland, John Newman, John Snead, Stew Wilson, Filamena Young, Eric Zawadzki

Take your pick.
>>
>>44347786
They should have 3 arcana, 2 of which are obviously their ruling.

3/2/1 for scrubs
4/3/2 for elite monks or officers of the orders or whatever
5/4/3 for people who are serious and significant even as lone players.

Consider someone who has the middle number across all three for 'technician' types who are just there to provide amenities like serving or enchanted items.
>>
>>44349134
>It really doesn't.
Are you retarded, or just 15 years old?
>>
>>44350204
>Adepts
>Mooks
Lolwut
>>
>>44350454

he said monks not mooks, you mongochongo.
>>
>>44350077

Individual writers, silly! Though they all did a good job with the corebook, Fate's mysterious return aside.
>>
>>44349134
>It really doesn't.
Oh, so you DON'T enjoy not having chaos and anarchy? You don't enjoy having people looking after your wellbeing, and making sure that other people don't take advantage of you? You don't enjoy having your rights protected?
>>
File: lonesomedove.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
lonesomedove.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>44350600
give a man a gun and he's got all the rights he needs boy.
>>
>>44350691
Until the other people with guns shoot them. Which is why laws are good.
>>
>>44350454
>>44350483
No, no, it was just autocorrect, I meant mooks. But Elite mooks. Dudes who could roll over your party the second they have numeric superiority, the kind of guy who might be assigned to lead a shitload of scrub seers on an expendable operation. But nonetheless the sort of dudes who have names, not backstories if you encounter them as enemies
>>
>>44350691

Welp, time to start thinking about doing WoD: The West again. I've certainly got enough time to do the research (and by that I mean read a bunch of Louis L'amour books).
>>
>>44350600
>I trust others to think for me
>ANARCHY = CHAOS
Fucking hell /tg/, way to be infantile.
>>
File: Chaotic Neutral 2.png (539 KB, 838x529) Image search: [Google]
Chaotic Neutral 2.png
539 KB, 838x529
>>44350885
Anarchy literally means a state of disorder. Anarchy the concept is not the same as Anarchy the political movement, unless you really are 14.

Having laws also isn't other people thinking for you, it's having people agree to do certain things and not do other things. The Law is what keeps someone from selling you poison and telling you it's good for you. The law may not be very *good* at that, but it's still better than not having it. The law is also what makes sure that one person isn't doing something that would cause problems for other people, like building where they aren't allowed or digging where they'll break something.

Even actual capital A political Anarchists understand that, most of them just think the law should be opt-in, agreed upon, and local only.
>>
>>44351053
>The Law is what keeps someone from selling you poison and telling you it's good for you.
Works wonderfully for alcohol and various fishy pharmaceuticals doesn't it.
>>
>>44350825
be sure to include a bunch of native american werewolves and "shamanistic" mages and...vampire whores, i guess? yee haw.
>>
>>44351087
>The law may not be very *good* at that, but it's still better than not having it.
Bitch I literally addressed that.

>>44350825
>>44351100
Look into Dark Eras. The Salem Hunter one has a lot of colonial era stuff, including a bunch of fur trapper Werewolf Hunters. There's also a Vampire bloodline called the Shepherds who are gangrel that followed the kine west. They're sheep dogs, guarding the Herd from poachers. i.e. making sure other vampires or supernatural creatures don't eat all their food.
>>
File: 1438634619962.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1438634619962.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>44350077
>People have stopped sucking Dave's cock.
Yeah, a little. He's still our favorite. But Chris did bring some really good drugs to our little get together...
>>
Why do we abbreviate to cofd? Isn't it just Chronicles of Darkness?
>>
File: Call of Duty.png (26 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Call of Duty.png
26 KB, 150x150
>>44352739
CoD is something entirely different.

Don't look at me, my vote was for ChronDar
>>
>>44352796
We're on /tg/. I very much doubt anyone would mistake CoD for Call of Duty around here.

But still, why the f? Chronicles of Fucking Darkness? Might as well change it to /cofdmffy/.
>>
>>44350820
I think you're underestimating the position of Adepts in the setting.
>>
>>44352859
You doubt wrong. Also, it's not C O F D, it's C of D. That's the icon they picked.
>>
>>44352907
Oh, alright.
>>
>>44352905
Not him, but I think you're overestimating it. Most Mages will be Adepts.
>>
File: Building a City.png (228 KB, 1428x2632) Image search: [Google]
Building a City.png
228 KB, 1428x2632
Merry Christmas, you losers

Have some old city building advice from Dave
>>
>>44352796

I saw someone using CoDa, which is nice but also the same name of an obscure RPG system.
>>
Are pretty much all VTM sourcebooks (loosely) compatible with the V20 rules?
>>
>>44355924

More or less. VtM20 is probably the least changed from its Revised edition.
>>
>>44352796
>ChronDar

Sounds like a space barbarian from a 1980's Saturday morning cartoon.

Chrondar and the Time Warriors!
>>
>>44356126
Oh god, that just gave me an idea of a team of Acanthus from across time.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bZbNRnHgUg
>>
>>44352796

I keep thinking its Call of Darkness. Like Call of Cthulhu.
>>
>>44352905

If your average starting mage is 3/2 then it makes sense that most mages who have had a decent career are at least Adepts. Being a master isn't even that rare, which is why they have terms for masters of more than one arcana.
>>
If permanent spells on complex lifeforms aren't restricted to Archmastery anymore, then what is stopping me from using mind magic to give me merits and skills forever?
>>
>>44356562
Available spell slots, cost of releasing spells, danger of dispellation, easier to detect you with magic senses.
>>
>>44356589
Plus spell tolerance, which I assume hasn't been dropped.
>>
>>44356791
Yes, it has.
Now there is only Spell Control- the amount of spells you can have active before you must Reach for each new spell. SC is equal to your Gnosis. Spending willpower points or dots releases the spell from your control.
>>
>>44344755
A bit late with all the thread switch and lag,
Yes everybody in the party will be a ridden, same type of ridden (spirit-claimed), and roughly for the same reason.
The idea is that a Bale Hound is having deals with weaker spirits (gafflings) to fuck around the city using riddens as time bombs, the spirits do the action while the Bale Hound delay the werewolves and inform the ridden on their action.

However, this would be only the very beginning of the possession, so the mortal hosts still have a bit of control. It will probably be "fun" at first, only at first though. I was thinking on going "I'm becoming the monster" ala Lovecraft's Innsmouth, you can't do anything about it and the worse thing is that you actually desire to lose yourself.
>>
>>44356945
Well, at least now we don't have to worry about armour and sight spells choking up our spell limit and tolerance.
>>
>>44357160

He wasn't becoming a monster in Innsmouth, he always was one. He was decedent from monsters and accepted his fate.
>>
>>44356945

Isn't buying willpower cheaper than buying 5 dot merits?
>>
>>44357655
True, but the feeling of helplessness and inevitability is what I was referring to, poorly maybe. I want to make them understand that there is no turning back, there is no "I can still be and act human", there aren't human anymore and they won't be staying in this phase of inbetween very long, as the spirit will slowly (or not so slowly) take over eventually.

Of course, there are ways to make the spirit go away but they don't need to know, the werewolves will probably not care or want to try the soft but difficult way (the spirits won't exactly be the nice or even neutral type), plus they've got no way of knowing that the wolves are "kinda the good guys" in this. It's in no way implausible that they'll kinda like being possessed, even though they don't fully understand how terrible it will end.

Anyway, what is the basic thing about Wraith, as it was suggested before ? I've read a bit about it, but it's foggy.
>>
File: How Redeemer Creed Sees Garou.jpg (546 KB, 753x948) Image search: [Google]
How Redeemer Creed Sees Garou.jpg
546 KB, 753x948
>>44357655
>He wasn't becoming a monster in Innsmouth, he always was one. He was decedent from monsters and accepted his fate.
Yes, this is quite important to note. Innsmouth is the rare-ish case of a Lovecraft entity being both lucid and human enough to be fully aware of what they're doing. Arguably everyone in that story is far more aware than nearly everyone else outside the Dream Cycle.

As an aside, it feels like Hypnos is a rather likely outcome of any Sleeper trying to do supernatural things without training.
>>44357160
That seems interesting. Feels like exactly the sorta dickery Bale Hounds would be down for.
>>44351053
AnCaps are hilarious. They seem to want a world that's like our own except with no chance of anything anywhere rebounding from systems beyond anyone's control (because let's be honest even executive board members are in turn responsible to investors) ruining everyone's mellow forever. /opinions
>>44349005
>i'd call it "justice" rather than law.
Yes. Justice is probably a good term.

Hmm. Disciples of the Three-Fold Oath (To hold no regard for station, to seek redemption for all things, to pursue fairness above all else) nicknamed Judges.

Have a somewhat intense Frenemy relationship with the Blank Badges as some members of the latter consider the former hypocrites and part of the problem like >>44348817 >>44349134>>44350885 does, while the Judges feel like many things the Blank Badges do are counter-productive and somewhat removed from the actual point of the matter.

Sound good?
>>
Guys, I'm playing a Mage. What Arcanum do I need to fry the damn Striges? I just want an easy way to kill them. Using Forces for fire control is kinda limited. I was thinking Death but now I'm not so sure.

Any suggestions?
>>
Guys, I'm playing a Mage. What Arcanum do I need to fry the damn Striges? I just want an easy way to kill them. Using Forces for fire control is kinda limited. I was thinking Death but now I'm not so sure.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>44357936
>>44357935
Death manipulates Shadows and also it's bitching, so yes.
>>
>>44357910
>Citizen you are charged with three instances of magic use against Sleepers, causing of paradox and consorting with Exarchs
>Punishment is 4 thousand years in the lower depths
>>
>>44357957
Yay, my inferior one. Time to start just tossing mana bolts at shit I guess. When in doubt, Mana bolt.
>>
How would one make the Fangire from Kamen Rider Kiva into a Bloodline in Requiem? I'm thinking they'd have Resilience, along with their Spirit Draining Bloodline power and any two bloodline powers from their Parent Clan.

I'm thinking they'd come about from trying to Embrace a creature of Nightmares

As you can tell, this idea is probably horrible.
>>
File: Kiasyd.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kiasyd.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44358028
Well, Strix are actually not able to be damaged, since they're in Twilight. Only shadow manipulation can really hurt them.

Also, in 2e you can buy your non-ruling with arcane experience.

>>44358029
Reminds me to post this.
>>
>>44358047
>Reminds me to post this.
What do you even want? Honest question.
>>
>>44358028

What is wrong with fire? Bring a lighter around and turn it into a flame thrower. Ezpz.
>>
>>44358061
Opinions?
>>
>>44358047
>Well, Strix are actually not able to be damaged, since they're in Twilight. Only shadow manipulation can really hurt them.
They're explicitly not in Twilight unless using the power to be, otherwise I could blast them with Spirit and our Werewolf would rip them to shreds.

So only Prime and Death really affect them.

>>44358066
>What is wrong with fire? Bring a lighter around and turn it into a flame thrower. Ezpz.
Literally doesn't hurt them, just causes them to run. Have to trap them in fire or sunlight to hurt them.
>>
>>44358072
It's a thing.
>>
>>44358072

its shit.
>>
>>44358079
>Literally doesn't hurt them, just causes them to run. Have to trap them in fire or sunlight to hurt them.

Not hard with fire control. I'm guessing you're forces 2? Get creative and do what mages do: set a trap.

Also, forces 5 can create true sunlight.
>>
>>44358094
Kinda hard to do when they can see the future. Which obligates me to start getting Fate. And they're also fucking geniuses too because of their age. Also they keep trying to possess me and the werewolf.

I don't think I can beat a possessed werewolf.
>>
Part 2 of the Gifts article is up:

http://theonyxpath.com/the-giver-of-gifts-2-werewolf-the-forsaken/
>>
>>44358145
Hey Chris, is there any Gifts in 2e that can fuck over one of the damn Striges? Werewolf needs one that lets him kill them easier. Things are a damn plague unto mankind.
>>
>>44358079
Twilight-ish. They have Shadow Forms, which I misremembered as being in a Twilight state. And unlike everyone else, their Twilight Form seems to be able to interact with everything else in Twilight, instead of being in their own little world.

>>44358080
>>44358084
Useful opinions, I meant.
>>
>>44358162
Yo Chris, what to you make of my starting point for a Fangire Bloodline? >>44358029
>>
>>44358106
>Kinda hard to do when they can see the future. Which obligates me to start getting Fate
Time. You'll want Time for that.
>>
>>44358162
Barghest helps with spotting the damn thing. Tongue of Flame at 3 Purity can entrap them fairly easily. Getting a hellion into a fetish or extorting a talen from one to get Influence (sunlight) is another option.
>>
>>44358204
I don't know who the Fangire are, I'm afraid.
>>
>>44358224
http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fangire
Here we go, I'm just ignoring the stained glass part of it with my take on them.
>>
>>44358208
Though finding out enough about Strix to know that these help could be a problem.
What are the best tools Werewolves have to find out the weaknesses of that shadowy monster in their territory that isn't a spirit?
>>
>>44358166
>Useful opinions, I meant.
I can't make heads or tails from it, I mean.
>>
>>44358256
That's more useful. What's confusing you? It's an attempt at doing a 2e version of this
http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/wod/vtda20/ClanK.html

Faerie vampires.
>>
>>44358283
Just FYI man, you're using DAV20 as a base, which completely and utterly changed the Kiasyd bloodline.

Originally they were just a Lasombra Bloodline that hung out with Fae for too long. Now they're weird ass changelings that were embraced.
>>
>>44358106
Can werewolves be possessed though ? Being half-spirit and everything, can a spirit be possessed by a spirit ?
Don't know how that translate to other stuff, but in their own book, though they can be urged (backseat passenger style), they can't be claimed (outright possession).
>>
>>44358347
Striges aren't spirits. They even talk about how they can possess mages and werewolves.

But, unless Chris says they're unable to be possessed by shadow monsters which are explicitly not spirits or ghosts or demons, then they can be.
>>
File: Stranger Hosts.png (119 KB, 511x540) Image search: [Google]
Stranger Hosts.png
119 KB, 511x540
>>44358304
I know. The V20 version is what I like. Their idea is more interesting.

I'm probably going to ignore most of the Mytherceria powers (except the first two dots, which I'm going to fold together) and give them the ability to forge contracts, most likely using the Mixed Blessings Dread Power from Mortal Remains as a base.

>>44358347
>>44358360
Can they not be Claimed? I thought they could, it mentions that in the Storm Lord write up about how even Werewolves can be Claimed, doesn't it?

But Striges can definitely possess a Werewolf, it mentions that in the section about their possession levels.
>>
>>44348656
I second this, would love to take a look if anyone's got the .pdf or Lore of the Clans
>>
>>44358505
http://a.pomf.cat/ohsebg.pdf
>>
>>44358246
If they can get eyes on it:
The ithaeurs Shadow Gaze plinks - it's not a spirit, then.
Prey on Weakness opens up info about the prey.
Scent the Unnatural helps find the thing. One Step Ahead helps you get the drop on it.
Know Thy Prey potentially helps a lot or is useless depending on the age and habits of the strix in question.
Lore of the Land helps detect it as it is not in Twilight.
>>
>>44358246
>What are the best tools Werewolves have to find out the weaknesses of that shadowy monster in their territory that isn't a spirit?

Contacts or Allies (Awakened Mages or Vampires), or any Gifts that provide related social benefits. There's nothing inherent about werewolves that prevent them from seeking knowledgeable or powerful assistance, overtly or more shrewdly, and certain Gifts and fetishes readily help acquiring such aid.
>>
>>44358476
>Can they not be Claimed? I thought they could, it mentions that in the Storm Lord write up about how even Werewolves can be Claimed, doesn't it?
I'm mostly talking about 1e werewolf, as it's the only one I have access to, anyway, in Predators it says that supernatural creatures can't really be claimed. Claiming alters a mortal, for the spirit to try to alter an already altered creatures is dangerous. Claiming is usually done to evade werewolves or at least to do covered stuff, so claiming a werewolf or a vampire ain't exactly bright.

Werewolves can be urged though, but they will know much more easily what's happening and how to defeat it, so it's not very interesting and smart for a spirit to try it.

Of course, those are general rules, but trying to have a claimed werewolf... well if you really need something to block power-gamers, but even claimed human can be terrifying, claimed werewolves, well...
>>
>>44358730
>The Claimed are dangerous, because more than any other prey, they can be anyone, and at any time. Even those you thought were friends and allies, lovers and packmates, can become Ridden. No one wants to look into her sister’s eyes and see some alien thing looking back out. When a Storm Lord loses kin to Spirit-Claiming, she’s expected to conduct the hunt herself.
So far I'm not really seeing anything that says they CAN'T be Claimed.
>>
I'd argue that the sole entities whom a spirit would have issues with would be the Unchained (dem Primum rolls, and that's not even getting into the nitty gritty of Claiming someone who is more a closed loop in reality than a person), a Promethean because Promethean and the Risen.

A spirit trying to Claim a Bound seems like a scenario of some punky kid getting chased out of a gated neighborhood by some VERY ancient, very angry 6 foot bastard with a shotgun.
>>44358145
Nice.
>>44358047
>Reminds me to post this.
I'll take a look at it, if you want.
>>44358000
...how much Space would someone need for that?
>>
>>44359140
>A spirit trying to Claim a Bound seems like a scenario of some punky kid getting chased out of a gated neighborhood by some VERY ancient, very angry 6 foot bastard with a shotgun.
>SPIRIT NORMIES GET OUT
>>
>>44359140
>A spirit trying to Claim a Bound seems like a scenario of some punky kid getting chased out of a gated neighborhood by some VERY ancient, very angry 6 foot bastard with a shotgun.
I don't think you can Claim a Sin-eater.
You probably can't Claim what's already Claimed, and "Claimed by the dead is still Claimed".

Although Striges can still possess anything. Promethean and Sin-eaters require the lower "Undead" level, while Demons and Werewolves and Mages require Living.
>>
>>44359206
>I don't think you can Claim a Sin-eater.
>You probably can't Claim what's already Claimed, and "Claimed by the dead is still Claimed".
Yes, that's what I meant. At best (for the spirit) it fails, but in my mind it might come away worse for wear from the attempt too if it pushes the issue.
>Although Striges can still possess anything. Promethean and Sin-eaters require the lower "Undead" level, while Demons and Werewolves and Mages require Living.
Fukken owls, man.
>>
>>44359021
>As a general rule, supernatural beings can be targeted with the Living Fetter or Possession Numina, but cannot be Claimed. A spirit can temporarily influence or control a supernatural entity, just as a vampire can bend a werewolf’s will through powers of the Blood or a werewolf can strike supernatural fear into a warlock’s
heart by means of a Gift. However, the Claim Numen changes the very nature of a mount, and is not sufficiently powerful to alter the form of a supernatural being.
This is in "Predators", now it indeed says "as a general rule" and it kinda implies that true merging and claiming is never really complete when a spirit tries to claim a supernatural being.
I think it's hinted that supernatural being being claimed are rare because it's both harder and much less conspicuous, and secrecy is a big thing for spirit-claimed, which is already hard to achieve correctly with claimed humans.
Claiming a werewolf could be made possible at the whim of the ST, but it's pretty much a death sentence for the spirit if he find out that the werewolf ain't enough to suppress the rest of his pack. Plus claiming takes time, even for a Jaggling, correct claiming can take days, more if the subject resist.

Overall, I think that spirit can indeed claim wolves, but it won't be as potent as with mortals and it will be much much more dangerous, which is kinda counter-productive for a spirit.

Now, bear in mind I'm talking of 1e WtF, maybe this changed slightly in 2e, which I didn't read.
>>
File: Manifestations.png (134 KB, 786x591) Image search: [Google]
Manifestations.png
134 KB, 786x591
Forgot to provide the chart.

>>44359247
>Now, bear in mind I'm talking of 1e WtF, maybe this changed slightly in 2e, which I didn't read.
I'm talking about 2e. Seems that's changed, judging from the mechanics for it. It's harder, but not impossible.
>>
>>44359296
Seems so, anyway, my main concern would be that it's quite a silly move, rather than a rules-impossible move.
Now no one says that spirits are all bright.
>>
>>44358539
Looks like an early Christmas gift,
Thank you anon
>>
>>44359206
Sin eater are also on the list for thing the strix can possess. Futher it actually easier for a strix to possess a sin eater then a werewolf. How it works is the srix suppress the soul within the body.
>>
>>44358079
If anyone in your troupe can do aggravated damage you can then start doing bashing damage to it.
>>
>>44359867
Strix sound like bullshit to me.
>>
>>44359867
>Although Striges can still possess anything. Promethean and Sin-eaters require the lower "Undead" level, while Demons and Werewolves and Mages require Living.
I said that already.

>>44359989
Well, they are spooky antagonist monsters.
>>
>>44359989
Why do you say that? They require significantly more power to be able to do this than true Entities.
>>
>>44358079

>Literally doesn't hurt them, just causes them to run. Have to trap them in fire or sunlight to hurt them.

Sounds like a job for a garbage truck! Only the back portion's been converted into a fire pit. Just gotta throw the damn things in somehow and we'll have a cookout.
>>
>>44360366
Sounds like a job for a garbage truck! Only the back portion's been converted into a fire pit
Congratulations on escspimg hell.

>Just gotta throw the damn things in
Welcome to your new hell
>>
>>44359989
Well they are from the lower depths. So they generally are impossible to kill.
>>
>>44360463
What you got to do is lure them in first then set the interior of the garbage truck on fire. But make sure every inch in on fire or it WILL escape.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/the-giver-of-gifts-2-werewolf-the-forsaken/
>>
>>44360738
Bit late >>44358145
>>
>>44360738

Bit late, it was linked up thread. Still a great article though. Not gonna lie though: while the Gift of Man is a terrifying concept, all I see is powers to make Werewolves act like TV sitcom dads. A Facet that makes you Al Bundy, for example.
>>
>>44360738
>Riot costs 5 Essence

The equivalent Mage spell would cost at most 1 Mana. Where is the logic?
>>
>>44360812
Because Mage fanwank?
>>
>>44360812
>>44360850
It's a completely unresisted, unrolled power that creates a riot.

Mages can't make a race riot with nothing but 5 mana.
>>
>>44360953

Unresisted, unrolled, and most importantly, no need to Push to get multiple targets, no risk of Paradox, and it will never be traced back to you without the proper Werewolf tools. We also have to take into account that Essence is actually pretty plentiful, especially if you're all hunting often.
>>
What kind of homebrewed conditions have you guys used in your games?
>>
>>44361319
This >>44346495
>>
>>44361337
Fuck off, faggot-kun.
>>
>>44361369
. . No . .
>>
You know, I knew there'd be a slow down for the CtD KS over the holidays, but that hasn't stopped it from almost reaching a quarter of a million with 18 days left. Impressive stuff.
>>
>>44360812
Excuse me, but how would a Mage create that with just one spell?
>>
>>44361593
Use Spirit 3 Mind 3 to make a contagious rage virus.
>>
>>44361713
>Spirit
>Virus
I think you mean Life, senpai
>>
>>44361713
There would still be the ability to resist, disbelief would eventually kickin. Futhermore of it a spirit it would would have to be a least rank four to do soso you would have to find a rank 4 spirit beat it into submission then change it very nature in order to do that. Which would definitely be higher then 3 spirit and costbmore then 1 mana.
>>
>>44361713
Creating stuff Ex Nihilo is a mastery level effect. And a spell that can read the circumstances and change on the fly is an arch-mastery level effect.
And even so, that would still just make people generally pissed off, it wouldn't draw them in, and use their personalities to trigger a riot.
>>
>>44361912
Thank you for pointing out logic.
>>
>>44358539
Thanks, anon! Merry Christmas to you!
>>
>>44362126

Oh shit that's right, it's Christmas soon! I wonder if we'll get another WoD holiday special. Probably not, since the condition contest is going on.
>>
>>44362144
It's Christmas literally right now.
>>
>>44362189
That depends where you are in the world, senpai
>>
>>44362189

Christmas Eve is just Christmas Part 1. Christmas Part 2: The Important Part is tomorrow.
>>
how exactly should I adapt trigger-points for 2E?
>>
>>44362263
I think Mortal Remains talks about it in the back side of the book.
>>
>>44360812
You'd also be eating like -20 dice in area and target factors, and ritual castings with multiple rolls aren't a thing anymore in Mage.
>>
>>44362281
not terribly well, since the system it relies upon no longer exists(Morality) it's a bit confusing as to how to adapt it.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that latest devblog references Soul Loss mechanics when there's 0 about it in newest Chronicles of Darkness? Honestly, it's a bit infuriating having shit spread through editions and books without any care whatsoever.
>>
>>44362481
Yeah, this is really a bit frustrating.
>>
>>44362481

Are you sure it's not in CofD core? I could have sworn GMC had it, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be in the other one.
>>
>>44361832
>disbelief
Not a thing.
>>
Here's a question about Storm Lords and their Tribal Ban.

Can a Cunning Storm Lord--an Irakka for instance--fake weakness? Can a Storm Lord pretend to have a limp or injury, only to spring at an enemy with unpained ferocity?

Also, are the Tribal Bans actual bans? I'm getting the impression that there's internal disagreement and discussion about what the bans mean, and how to interpret them. Is it like the Totem Ban in that you have actual physical difficulty performing the restricted action, or what?
>>
>>44362628
Forgot that not going to be a thing anymore.
>>
>>44361010

Yeah - a mage sparking a riot would have to account for the number of people, and they would be affected (or not) depending on which of them have Composure less than the spell's Potency.

It wouldn't cost Mana, though.
>>
>>44362782
Hay dave, if someone resistance stat reduces the spells potency to 0 what happens to the spell? Also how would spats that dont have a magical sight ability be able to see a spell?
>>
>>44362773
>>44362628
Dissonance then. Whatever.
>>
>>44362413
Well it could work by replacing the action that would cause the breakng point. With the action you are trting yo do. Such as hurting someone that is stoping you from getting at the warlock behind him. Taking the triger point would remove hurting a accomplice as a breaking point. But then add the refusal to attack through a accomplice to attack a warlock.
>>
>>44362782
What's the cliff notes for mana in 2e? I get reach but I'm not quite sure how mana fits into things.
>>
>>44362857

The spell doesn't work, but is still in your spell control. If something were to come along and reduce that resistance stat while your spell was still active, it would immediately kick in.

So in our riot example, if someone with a notable Composure resists the magic, the mage could cast a follow-up spell to reduce his Composure, at which point he'd get to rioting with everyone else.

>>44362932
Depends. What about a riot starting is obviously magical?

>>44363324
You have a Mana pool. Mana has many uses. It activates most Attainments, you can buy Paradox dice pools down with it, and you spend it on some spells.
>>
>>44362481
Soul Loss isn't in CofD core?

It's in the free GMC update.

Why in the hell would there be rules missing from the new corebook?
>>
>>44359636
>>44362126
No problem, but someone better post Mage 2e so I can read it and judge Dave on it. I survive literally solely on judging Dave. It's my only remaining food source.
>>
So, would Lovecraft's Colour Out of Space be a good Abyssal Intruder?
>>
>>44363566
Mage 2e doesn't exist yet, anon.
>>
>>44363598
When it does exist I will need it to judge Dave and his komodo dragons.
>>
>>44362708
It's not a spiritual ban, I don't think. At least no for low power-level werewolves, I'm pretty sure that as they get up in primal urge they DO start to count their tribal ban as a literal, spiritual ban.
>>
>>44362959
I suppose so, yea. I'll talk to my players and figure it out eventually. Swapping out breaking points gave hunters derangements/tells in 1E, right?
>>
>>44363443
Hey Dave, in 2e what would one need to make a Vampire not take damage from sunlight?
>>
>>44362489
>>44362529
>>44363516

Yes, there isn't this stuff in 2ed core rulebook. Why? Doesn't Onyx Path have any money for ctrl+c, ctrl+v? It's very, very unprofessional.
>>
>>44363755
Seal in lead.
>>
>>44363755
Ersatz Humanity numen makes them mortal for a scene.
>>
Could someone explain to me how improvised spellcasting works in Mage 2e? Or direct me to whichever blog article or other post explains it.

A player is being a special snowflake and I need some info on how to help him do it in line with the upcoming rules.
>>
File: paradox, fuck your paradox.jpg (157 KB, 620x839) Image search: [Google]
paradox, fuck your paradox.jpg
157 KB, 620x839
http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/24/luxury/cabot-guns-meteorite/
Well, that's one company I'm moving from "probably run by Changelings" to "Definitely run by Changelings".
>>44363938
>>A player is being a special snowflake
What's he doing?

>>44363516
>>44363756
Can confirm. There's vague allusions to it but it seems like CoDa is pretty much silent on souls except for the Soul Thief power.

What are you DOING with your company, Rich?

>>44361545
>You know, I knew there'd be a slow down for the CtD KS over the holidays, but that hasn't stopped it from almost reaching a quarter of a million with 18 days left. Impressive stuff.
Really hope the revision's extensive this time round.
>>
>>44364012
Terry Pratchett beat them to it
>>
>>44362708
They are not Bans. They're vows.
>>44363711
They don't have to. A high PU wolf gets Bans, yes, but they don't necessarily have to be their Tribal Vow.
>>
https://youtu.be/DqIVP-64HGY?t=23s
>Silver Ladder.wmv
>>
>>44364614
This seems pretty accurate so far.
>>
>>44364096
>>44363711
So you can be a weak Storm Lord who gets tended to all the time, but is really trying to be better?

Kind of nice, if so. It's a bit weird that you're basically inducted into a tribe and can't change (or couldn't in 1e) but you're expected to be super stoic right off the bat.
>>
>>44365146
It's how they maintain their air of authority.
>>
>>44365328
What is? Being stoic, or that they're all instantly stoic when they join?
>>
>>44365385
Being stoic. No werewolf is going to be stoic fresh out of their First Change, but they can learn that if they join the Storm Lords(and probably have to before they're officially initiated)
>>
>>44365146
>>44365328
>>44365385
>>44365480
The Storm Lord tribal oath is basically "keep your shit together, and keep it to yourself."
>>
Do werewolf packs have an alpha?
>>
>>44365592
No explicitly in 2e, no. They can have leaders, and "Alpha" is a Blood Archetype, but it's not this thing where every pack has a designated leader. A pack could just as easily lead through committee, or have different leaders on different tasks.

"Alpha" in actual wolf packs doesn't really mean what people think it means anyway.
>>
>>44352739
I'm a fan of referring to them both as "*oD" or "XoD"
>>
>>44352739
I like CoDa.
>>
>>44352739
because CoD isn't something any of us want to abbreviate our beloved game series to.
>>
>>44365592
>>44365663
>Tfw I declared myself the Alpha of my pack last session during meeting of the local Forsaken packs

On that note, the next installment of Reuben and the Condiments:
>We each got a week to kill after we dealt with the stuff in the madness locus/mental hospital
>I(Cahalith) took the book I found to our totem(a Knowledge spirit with a bit of a bent towards war; we call her the Skald) to see if she can read it. She can't, but she wants me to bring it into the shadow so she can 'absorb it'. I took a few pictures before I reached over, and she ate up all the blood/ink in the book, going up a rank as a result
>Our Rahu Blood Talon spent the week in a cave as penance for going into kuruth after years of self-control
>Irraka Hunter in Darkness did some experiments with the burned corpses left over from the bee/madness spirit
>Ithaeur Bone Shadow did what my ST will only describe as "horrible things"(I wasn't there so fuck if I know)
>We meet up a couple hours before the gathering, and head over
>As we're walking in, this guy who is just the epitome of hipster freaks out and storms over, starts yelling at our Irraka Blood Talon(whose player dropped out a while ago, but he's still present as an npc b/c raisins)
>Apparently IBT killed the hipster's family when he was initiated into the blood talon pack he was part of prior to our pack forming(we all kinda got shoved together by our respective packs and told to do our best to handle the shit going on in our new territory)
>The Rahu and I team up to make the hipster settle down(she does most of it because the player types faster than me), then his Alpha barks at him until he goes back to his pack
>Some proper introductions happen as the meeting actually starts, and the Ithaeur's mentor asks if anybody has anything to say
>I stand up and say I want to bring everyone's attention to something; the whole pack walks in and introduces ourselves, with me stating myself to be the Alpha
(cont)
>>
>>44367134
(cont)
>I then proceed to explain to the rest of the packs that the Lodge of the Field is a pretty serious issue that needs to be dealt with
>Pull out my phone so I can show everyone the pictures I took of the book, which showed what was probably Lycaon-Ur's last attempt to become a new tribal totem or something
>Rahu bros it up by using the fact that she's currently channeling our totem(totemic empowerment) to beam the pictures into everyone's heads so I don't have to bring my phone around
>Continue by explaining the prophetic dream I had as best I can; swarms of ghost wolves overtaking the Uratha, Luna dripping blood, bad shit
>The other packs seem unimpressed, but then the hipster's Alpha is like "I fuckin told you guys we had to deal w/ this shit gdi", then gives me a card with her number on it in case i want to 'get serious'
>Rest of the packs agree to join up so we can all work together to take down the Lodge of the Field
>Session ends with all of us shifting into Dalu to howl

All in all, good session
>>
REMINDER that there were people who honestly thought they would get Mage for Christmas and that you should laugh at them.
>>
>>44367277
There are people who HOPED we would. That's very different.
>>
File: indigo child.jpg (164 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
indigo child.jpg
164 KB, 459x600
>>44364614
>indigo

Is this Indigo Child BS again?
>>
>>44367308
>implying that there weren't both
>damage control

kek. people also honestly believed we'd get Mage for Halloween.
>>
>>44366644
>implying nWoD isn't the CoDbabby game
>>
>>44367376
Always love how it's the CWoDers who are so bitter that they feel the need to troll the general constantly.
>>
>>44368044
they're just bitter because dracula is going to ruin their precious owod
>>
>>44368069

I dunno, so far so good. That trailer for the WoD reboot was dangerously cheesy and that makes me happy.
>>
>>44368044
I'd be bitter too, if I played in a setting with Malkavians.
>>
>>44368690
Requiem has Malks. They're actually handled better.
>>
>>44368795
As a bloodline, yeah. I forgot.
>>
>>44368893

And as Malkavia, too. Technically Requiem has twice as many Malks as Masquerade.
>>
MERRY CHRISTMAS WORLD OF DARKNESS
>>
So wait, unless I'm reading Heirs to Hell incorrectly, if your parent signs a pact that sells their relationship with their child away to a demon, said child becomes offspring, just like that?
>>
>>44369395
wait when was this in the new corebook for demon?
>>
>>44369429
Heirs to Hell is a supplement that talks about what happens when a demon and a human, or a demon and a stigmatic, or a demon and a demon, or a demon and an offspring/fractal/latent or any other combination fuck and have a kid. Demons having kids is...interesting, to say the least.
>>
>>44369429
>Heirs to Hell
>>
>>44369429
Heirs to Hell is a supplement that came out thanks to the Kickstarter all about how Offspring, the various levels of demi-splat demonspawn, work.

>>44369395
Yup.
>>
File: WoD8.jpg (112 KB, 1012x450) Image search: [Google]
WoD8.jpg
112 KB, 1012x450
So whats up with this newfangled CofD stuff anyway?
>>
>>44369814
Basically just rebranding so normal-fags will stop confusing old world with new world. CofD is new world now and old world is 'just' world ofdarkness.
>>
File: WoD10.gif (1010 KB, 400x246) Image search: [Google]
WoD10.gif
1010 KB, 400x246
>>44369837
I see. So are they stopping with the WoD books or is this supposed to be a new setting?
>>
>>44369850
Basically, WoD will be taken over by paradox(Who bought out White Wolf) and CofD will continue being produced by OPP
>>
File: WoD11.gif (1 MB, 520x285) Image search: [Google]
WoD11.gif
1 MB, 520x285
>>44369899
How is it so far? Any good?
>>
>>44369919
Well I mean...all the CofD stuff, the 2E stuff that is(Vampire, werewolf, demon) has been received fairly well. One book wasn't, Beast the Primordial. Had a lot of clashing tones, inconsistency etc, was leaked some time ago. But aside from that. the new Corebook for 2E also just got released and personally, I love it.
>>
File: WoD16.jpg (67 KB, 398x526) Image search: [Google]
WoD16.jpg
67 KB, 398x526
>>44369997
Neat, I'll definitely check some of it out then.
>>
>>44369100
Double Malk is the only way to go.
>>
File: World of Darkness.jpg (149 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
World of Darkness.jpg
149 KB, 600x665
>>44370205
How awful
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4TPgTccQec
For some reason this made me think of a gameline for CofD, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was.
>>
>>44370912

You can kind of apply that to any of the lines, really.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you don't use the "assign 12 points for Attributes, none over 4" rule from Mirrors, you're wrong.
>>
>>44371356

Does that work out well in play? Does it make the stat distribution any freer than normal?
>>
File: Houserules.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Houserules.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44371356
I'm curious about >>44371431 but for 2e you might as well just give everyone 115 Experiences to create characters.
>>
How would you reach every home on earth in a single night in Rod?
>>
>>44371708
Space + Time. Powerful Numina. Moving through the Hedge. Splitting yourself.
>>
Who are the Oracles? Are they named like the Exarchs? Are they allied or opposed to each other? Do they even exist in the Supernal Realms anymore or did they place their full essence into the Watchtowers?
I'm asking both in terms of canon and your own games, if it came up.
>>
>>44372652
They are seriously mysterious, that's what they are.

In one Mage game I had them to be the highest tier of souls in the Guardians' reincarnation scheme. Perfect examples of what that Path should be.
>>
>>44362708
>Can a Cunning Storm Lord--an Irakka for instance--fake weakness?

Yes.

>Also, are the Tribal Bans actual bans? I'm getting the impression that there's internal disagreement and discussion about what the bans mean, and how to interpret them. Is it like the Totem Ban in that you have actual physical difficulty performing the restricted action, or what?

You don't get the Ban Condition off them, no - that's limited to the more immediate and restrictive ties of pack and Lodge.

Can't remember if Tribal vows can cause Harmony breaking points of ignored.

The Tribal vow is a real thing, an oath-sworn ban tying you to the totem, but the scale of the Tribe and totem mean it doesn't work in quite the same way. The consequences of breaking it are more social and philosophical.
>>
>>44373233
Merry Christmas to you too.
>>
>>44371591

I just realized. Thanks to Experiences and flat XP rates, doing point buy in WoD is a lot easier now.
>>
>>44374115
That's intentional.

It's so that you don't have to deal with the problem of buying only the things you're good at so you can buy all the other things you've only got one or two dots in during the first few sessions. Unrestricted character creation in White Wolf games generally means 4 or 5 dots in anything that matters and then spending the next four sessions buying any 1 or 2 dot abilities you'll need.
>>
File: Mumen.Rider.full.1921212.jpg (244 KB, 770x700) Image search: [Google]
Mumen.Rider.full.1921212.jpg
244 KB, 770x700
Playing a CoD game vanilla humans. I essentially made Mumen Rider. How fucked am I?
>>
>>44374293
1. No one knows what that is.
2. Very.
>>
How would you Fluff the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future from a Christmas Carol for the Geist Gameline?
>>
>>44374381
Just as Geists.
>>
File: Giles more scotch.gif (827 KB, 500x190) Image search: [Google]
Giles more scotch.gif
827 KB, 500x190
>>44374293
>taking inspiration for characters from One Punch Man

You disgust me, anon.
>>
>>44374310

Mumen Rider's basically BMX Bandit: The Anime, to the point where he's in an entire setting of Angel Summoners. The player's totally fucked.
>>
>>44374381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIHv0OwoQ9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcjYuyhjSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtWrAjtptUU
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.