[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had to arm a battalion of soldiers to take down a demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1445110730144.jpg (575 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1445110730144.jpg
575 KB, 2560x1440
If you had to arm a battalion of soldiers to take down a demon with limited knowledge, what would they get armed with? You have enough time to make specialized gear for this operation as long as it isn't innovative. Details known are as follows.

>The Demon is typically man sized
>Demon is staying in the ruins of a city that it destroyed
>The recently dead can be raised and used as foot soldiers for the demon
>>Other conflicts have shown that these corpses still have biological weaknesses, ie still need hearts without holes in them
>The Demon itself has physical capacity far beyond anything natural
>>It was able to avoid fire from a tank, and rip through the hull, killing everyone inside
>The Demon is known to have perfect regeneration
>>Bullet wounds close in under a minute
>>It is unclear whether poison would have any kind of effect on him
>>If there is an energy limit to his regeneration, it has not been found or he would be dead
>>>However, this will be the first targeted attack on the Demon, bringing much more firepower
>There are reports the Demon can manifest some kind of giant monster if pressed
>>These reports were radio only, there were 100% casualties both times this was encountered

>The nuclear option can only be used after 50% casualties and is ONLY a weapon of last resort, but won't trigger world war
>>
>>44364528
Half a battalion of multiple rocket launchers, placed very very far away from half a battalion of nuclear-armed multiple rocket launchers. Have a few machine guns with silver-tipped bullets to accompany the first batch, just in case that shit works.

When the first half of the battalion is inevitably torn to pieces, have the area saturated with nuclear fire.
>>
>>44364528
Rail guns
>>
>>44364528

Use an artillery battallion, preferably with direct fire and attached combat engineer and anti tank companies that will support with battlefield obstacles, mines and anti armour fire, while hoping that a direct hit from several field artillery pieces with different types of ammunition can stop it.

Take a look into what a modern tank mine can do. Certain type of mines utilize a molten, shaped metal disc that will fucking destroy a tank and its crew.

And before anyone says you can't do direct fire with artillery, yes you can. Its not common, but definitely possible.
>>
>>44364528
Flamethrowers
Silver bullets
Incendiary Rounds
Holy Water
Explosive vests for suicide charges
Silver Swords

WE ARE DOIN' THIS OLD SCHOOL BOYS
>>
Send the troops, preferably with little to no training and substandard equipment, and let them die. Point to this failure and say that nuclear weapons are the only option left, and then pray it works.
>>
>>44364651
How do you account for the speed at which he'll start moving to chase down all the artillery you set up? Who's doing all the targetting in that dense urban environment?

>>44364601
Nuclear Option is remote. Also, you get court martialled for using half your troops as sacrifices.

>>44364681
You get shot on the spot for planning to use half a battalion as sacrifices to force an option not approved.
>>
Is it possible to make a thermite artillery shell?
>>
>>44364528
I hire that strange kid who walked into our camp to join as a merc yesterday. Real beefy fellow. I think his name was Juts, Gats, something like that.
>>
>>44364528

Babies on long sticks.

Only thing that can kill a demon is pure innocence.
>>
>>44365054

You set up several guns in ambush, aimed at a chokepoint or approach he will take, while rest of the guns start bombarding his location as relayed by a fire team.

Aiming a field gun in direct fire mode doesn't take that long. It's just a matter of luring him to you.
>>
File: buratino.jpg (259 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
buratino.jpg
259 KB, 1280x853
>>44364528
>Bullet wounds close in under a minute
The fact that bullets wound it at all means massed anti-infantry weapons are likely to do more damage than anti-armor weapons. The most massed anti-infantry weapons I can get on short notice are thermobaric artillery rockets, so I'll launch a battalion's worth of those at it, then pull back and use a drone to check the results. If it's dead, great, if it isn't, chances are it will regenerate too quickly to risk a second shot, so we get the launchers out of there either way.
>>
>>44366125
What kind of damage would thermobaric weapons do if it doesn't have vital organs?
>>
>>44366262
I have no reason to assume it doesn't, but either way I know its flesh is mechanically quite weak, so my hope is that I can liquefy it with repeated shockwaves.
>>
Step one, get our sneakiest mother fuckers to poison it with the strongest stuff we have.
If it dies, good. We can secure the body for research. If it doesn't, then blow it to hell with what this guy said
>>44366125
>>
>>44364528
Plamsa guns and krack granades. If gets hot! applies the recently fallen will be burned husks and nothing to worry about.
>>
>>44366739
Anon this isn't 40k, it's real life.
>>
>>44364528
Surely God will protect us from this daemon!
>>
>>44366822
If all else fails then kill it with reading!
>>
>>44366822
God gave you a mind to understand the world and how it works, and hands to make tools with.
>>
>>44367670
okay, my plan B involves "drowning" the daemon in water. It's wreathed in flames so water could crack it's skin and slow down it's healing process. If we blow it apart in this state and have some strong water currents to help scatter the pieces continuously it might be the end of the beast.

That's assuming the fire is a manifestation of it's power, and not just exhaust or some other inconsequential part of it's body.

But how can we drown it?.
>>
>>44367887
The demon isn't always on fire, it was just a picture I grabbed from my folder
>>
If small arms fire can wound it, I would advise using a few tanks with cannister shells. That, with a couple predators in airspace to provide fire support. If it hulks out, saturation bombing. Seriously if it can bleed, it can be killed.
>>
In European mythology Iron is a counter to demons. Salt too.

Fix bayonets lads, this will be over quick!

Also throw salt at it.

If that fails just shoot the crap out of it.

> All these people saying fucking silver
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.