[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #630: Sum Of Our Memories Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: JumpChain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JumpChain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44329938
>>
>>44339982
>>44339966
And that Is why Roland Junior and Painwheel Will often Answer to Corundum And Fossil Fang.
>>
File: dramaticpikachu.gif (947 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dramaticpikachu.gif
947 KB, 320x240
>>44340029
>from the Pokemon jump
On taking an identity: "Though you are still you, with your old set of memories and your own moral justifications, the new memories will affect your thought process, your reactions, and your instincts."

On completing the jump: "All personality changes from identities can be revoked if you wish. Memories from the identities become inactive: available to access for information, but no longer affect your personality."

So yes, you could choose to revoke the changes. But consider: will the new you - the one whose personality has had ten years to be affected by all those memories - want that?
>>
>>44340205
To note as well that Pokemon is one of the only jumps that offers that blank slate option. The two jumps where memory overload can be a major issue, Transformers and Darksiders, both don't.
>>
>>44340384
I thought it was a standard thing that you could do with the memories of any background.
>>
I'm pretty sure it's not possible for a background to "overwrite" your original sense of self unless you take a drawback that specifically states it. Otherwise all jumps like SMITE that have background ages of multiple millennia would automatically become trap jumps. I mean, in Darksiders all of the backgrounds besides drop-in are probably older than humanity itself.
>>
>>44340457
>>44340438

This was exactly what brought up the same problem initially in Transformers. It's not something that's ever going to have resolution since it's up to personal preference what happens to your "sense of self" at the end of the day. But yes, at the time, the "become an autobot" option was seen as a trap option for some people precisely due to memory invasion.

There's no "pretty sure" assumptions to be made, just run with whatever canon you find fits your chain. If logical consistency is being upheld, there's equally as much reason that these backgrounds are trap options compared to the alternative.

Considering the original question was "Is Darksiders a good 2nd/3rd jump", even if you don't take this factor into consideration, the answer is still no, unless you like masochism and adapt well to diving into a war.
>>
>>44340384
So you want to use the pokemon description of getting new memories, but you're ignoring the fact the same text says you can revoke changes and that "you are still you"?

If you're not using the Pokemon description at all than just say the new memories are like a recording you can see and know your thoughts and feelings at the time, but doesn't effect your core.
>>
>>44340519
I'm not looking for a solution? We were discussing this in regards to how safe Darksiders would be for 1st/2nd/3rd jump in the chain before we got back to the memory dilemma. I personally have my own canon for handling identity, and the Pokemon solution was pretty pointless for me.
>>
Looking at Transformers there isn't actually anything about age, so you could probably go as either a new transformer (might have to explain how you only just got activated if in a universe where new transformers can't be made... which from memory is quite a few of them) or you could have been put in stasis lock for ages and only have just been woken up, thus having relatively few years memories despite having a body that was made potentially millions of years ago.
>>
>>44340637
That's a completely feasible option. Like the anon from last thread, the issue only came up because people had been considering the use of 2 million odd years of memories for use to import into Light of Terra, which basically nullifies the premise of "not that many memories to begin with".

This was the same premise that the anon in previous thread had wanted to follow, using the Darksider backgrounds extensive memory boost to "level up" so to speak. Depending on how your canon on handling memories, presumably it works to some extent.
>>
>>44340562
Which is fine, but then your basically turn yourself into a advocate for anyone to use their own version of memory instead of the Pokemon one. As such you should of stated clearly you were not using the pokemon version and just your own.
>>
As for Transformers they don't seem to be effected by all of that time when it comes to personality. In fact it looks like Transformers personalities change little even after millions of years. Any of there changes in personality seem to be human in scale despite the time.

Hell when put like that, maybe Transformers themselves are simply adapted to change on a human scale despite the sheer amount of time that passes. One could argue its a free memory perk of being a Transformer. That you are more likely not to be effected by millennium of memories than a human mind theoretically would.
>>
>>44340710
I'm not advocating anything at all. This issue is as close to a non-issue as it gets, considering it doesn't affect anything but the single player jumper. If they choose to do things their way, the memory option in Pokemon isn't some sort of ruling to fight against that. This isn't the same issue as say Companions and Pods, where strict guidelines were placed to restrict values. On top of that, for all the people that didn't take Pokemon at all, it's a non-issue entirely.

As I said, this had to do with one Anon who wanted to know how good of a jump Darksiders would be as an first/early jump, taking advantage of the memories and identity they would receive as a Rider or Nephilim. We're just here to give him different perspectives on the matter.
>>
>>44340786
>I'm not advocating anything at all.

When you choose to do something you are inherently implying its ok to do so.

>the memory option in Pokemon isn't some sort of ruling

Then we have no ruling or advice on how to handle memory at all. Which means saying we don't have the option to erase memory like pokemon is implying that we have to handle memory in a certain at all is incorrect.
>>
>>44340898
>When you choose to do something you are inherently implying its ok to do so.

No. There's a difference between making a conscious decision for yourself, and making an implication that it's "ok". I'm not an individual with any authority to make a judgement call. I can offer an opinion that an anon can choose to take or not, but at no point is there any consideration of whether it's "ok" because some random anon decided to do it. People do custom chains, people play potato mode, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's "ok" by any means.

>Then we have no ruling or advice on how to handle memory at all.

We indeed do not have official ruling. We do however, have plenty of advice, given that a good number of us have found some sort of system that works. Whether people choose to adopt a certain system is up to them.

>Which means saying we don't have the option to erase memory like pokemon is implying that we have to handle memory in a certain at all is incorrect.

This is false equivalence. Regardless of whether you have an option or not, having to handle memory is a fact whether you're in real life or not. If you choose to take perfect memory perks, you're dealing with it in a certain way. If you choose to simply forget over time, you're dealing with it in a different way. Different people have different solutions, but memory will be something that they'll encounter as they go through more jumps. Memories aren't something that you need to have a ruling to work around, considering they're pretty significant in real life already.
>>
hey mega Man zero questions, I'm going Arcadian* 1.Does armed phenomenon Stack with Fifth Guardian? 2.is Badger Drill tank a Suitable choice for either?
>>
>>44341063
*So I can work as a double agent For the resistance of course.
>>
>>44340994
>Continues to deny advocating.
>Publicly recommends a system for handling memories but maintains leaving it up to them is not advocation.

I think you just don't know what advocating means. Since you continue to do it while claiming your not.

>This is false equivalence

No it isn't. You were claiming there was a ruling in effect when you claimed Pokemon is one of the few Jumps with that ruling in effect.

And I don't see how "natural" we choose to handle memories really matters when we already have rulings in place that are imposed just for the consistency of jump-chain anyway. We have rulings that effect our dying and time travel, why not memory?
>>
>>44341150

>time travel

Aren't those rulings usually just 'the make of a specific jump making a ruling on that jumps version' or otherwise not talking about it?
>>
>>44341150
If we want to start discussing meaning, it's very easy to look up advocation in the dictionary. I'm neither arguing in favor of using alternative methods, nor am I recommending anything. I am sharing my own perspective to an issue. Ironically, the anon who I was talking to is actually gone, making it even more of a moot point.

I am however, currently advocating that my perspective has no weight in the situation at hand with regards to anon's original question, and in any case my opinion remains unchanged, both regarding memory as well as the Darksiders dilemma. I explicitly told him that he could approach the situation in whatever way he wanted to, with neither way bearing any significant consequence.

A ruling is different from a system or a method. A method presents an option, whereas a ruling essentially can render a chain invalid. A jumper that ignores the 8 companion limit outright is considered to be breaking a ruling, and people will call him out on it. A jumper that skips Pokemon and skips this memory reset option doesn't face any consequences.

I explicitly mentioned Pokemon's method as an option, just as MMPR has it as an option with a special perk, just as some other jumps possess different options for pre-jump modification. None of these are hard rulings which state they must be followed. As I'm not the jumpmaker, none of my words can be taking as either advocation or rule declaration: I have neither the privilege nor the authority to do so.

I don't see the point to putting official rulings on things like memory, and considering the only person left that could declare such things is effectively gone, it's a useless point of debate. Any attempt to do otherwise is just inviting a shitstorm.
>>
File: decorating.png (260 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
decorating.png
260 KB, 540x540
Jumpers! Its almost Christmas! How've you been preparing?
>>
If anyone knows:
In the RWBY Jumpchain, how is the Grimmoire supposed to work?
For those unaware:
>Grimmoire, 300CP, Student Discount: Seemingly made of Beowulf hide, this dusty tome and bookstand is both spellbook of unspeakable horror and leathery mallet. With spells that mimic the attacks of Grimm, it grows with each kill. Promises not to whisper at night.

What makes me confused is that Grimm are to my understanding very 'fang and claw'. No firebreath, no laser eyes, etc. So how exactly would that work with mimicing?
>>
>>44341924
I imagine it as summoning disembodied phantoms of their natural weapons. The stinger tail of a Deathstalker, the jaws of a Beowulf, the stomping foot of a Goliath...stuff like that
>>
>>44341953
That could make sense, as a ranged option. 'Balanced' (against the other weapon options that is) by needing to find, kill and probably grind the relevant Grimm to unlock and strenghten.
>>
So, to make sure I get it right. Bodymod doesn't make you weaker, it just brings you up to average if you already were weaker than default?

And even if you don't put points into strength but were super strong through training, that strength is what your bodymod body has if you use drawbacks that being you down to bodymod?
>>
On the topic of RWBY, what exactly does the team tag do?

>Team Tag, 50CP: Arrangements have been made to make you the silent letter member of a four-man team. Carries over in future jumps, allowing one to access social circles easier!
>>
>>44341063
1. Yes, actually they're meant to be taken together for the whole Guardian schtick.
2. What the heck is that
>>
>>44342049
It puts you at the average if you were below it, and it sets your "base" stats for when there's a drawback that takes away your out-of-jump purchases.
>>
File: Drill8690BoxFront.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Drill8690BoxFront.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>44342256
Basically pic related but with weapons and badger themed.
>>
>>44342351
Could be worse. Why not, we already have a weird-ass tank in the MMZ universe. Pretty sure a picture of it is in the jump somewhere.
>>
>>44342398
And there's been drill stuff since mega man 4 at least,So I Didn't Think that would be too Much of a stretch. Got a get all those spirals and drills!
>>
>>44340205
I always thought people were silly for denying who they had become and who they were like this. It's like saying "No, I don't want to be who I am, I want to be me from when I was a teenager!"
>>
>>44341910
Don't celebrate it.
>>
Question time! Exactly how fucked am I if I take Light of Terra as my first jump?
>>
What is the joke in Digimon jumpchain Tamer origin supposed to mean? The one about Airdramon not following you?
>>
>>44342519
Are you part of a renowned special forces unit like the Americans' or the Spetsnaz? If not, you will quickly die. Even if you are, you probably don't have the experience needed to lead a colonization effort.
>>
>>44341910
SIT AND STAY A WHILE HUMANS WHILE I BRING CHRISTMAS CHEER

HAHAHAHA!

Me and my companions often spend christmas spreading it to others. Of course I spent more time teaching christmas to most of them. Often times we celebrate it in the middle of battle. Granted this results in some hilarious moments where they find themselves aboard a ship full of demons, monsters, and other horrors being partially drunk and partying it up. Often times giving out presents to unsuspecting humans who come aboard.

This was pretty rad in Starcraft Terran edition where human refugees often wound up on our ship during christmas spent making and exchanging gifts. I think my ship wound up looking more like a toystore than a battle ship.
>>
Possibly stupid question but since avalon counts as a barrier could the super-spin break through ?
>>
>>44342554
That's probably entirely up to you anon.
>>
>>44342519
Possible if you take the Necron Spyder, they will heavily trivialize the first section. You can get through the second and third section okay with just the stuff purchasable in them.
>>
>>44342554
Avalon just hides the user in another dimension. If spin can break through to other dimensions then yes, it could.
>>
>>44342560
I mean it kinda broke though infinity so I think it would not break avalon but fuck it's day up
>>
>>44342537
Wouldn't be the first time I saw a Christmas dragon.
>>
>>44342585
Oh that would be a beautiful sight
>>
>>44341910
I've got 2000 MGR Nanomachine enhanced Gray Jedi putting up A literal Gigaton of those reusable Holiday stickers all over the Internal walls of a 62 mile tower,I've Changed the colors of The balls In the basement ball pit To White and red, I've got the "Host club" Set up nice With the Christmas tree,Decorated with care, the folks On the LoT are gearing up for one of the most extravagant emperor's days they've had in ages Since they don't really celebrate Christmas proper And When a substance Society that scavenges off the refuse of a affluent civilization suddenly has unlimited resources they tend to go big,The retainers Have their own holiday as well which I of course celebrate. We really do Celebrate a little bit of everything, Because of imports Trying not to change details that are mentioned Monique usually Get Rounded off to African-American So there's A Kwanzaa Set up and meal for Us and our closest,And I was raised in the Wicca tradition so there's A big to do about Yule And the welcoming of the sun.
>>
File: Jazzclaws.jpg (238 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
Jazzclaws.jpg
238 KB, 1000x625
>>44342554
>>44342585
Technically a powerful enough spin could bust through multiple universes. Johnnys stand Tusk act 4 could do it.
>>
>>44342639
Does your spin get stronger the more you practice it over time and use it or do you need a stand specific to the spin itself ?
>>
>>44342677
If you practice it enough you get a Stand focused around it, going by what Gyro did with Ball Breaker.
>>
>>44341910
By jumping the Santa Claus jump of course!
>>
What should I get as a "Unique" weapon in One Piece? right now I'm thinking of a flintlock pistol that always shoots straight, but maybe that's too simple.
>>
>>44342677
The spin can give you stands if it grows strong enough. I have no idea how it affects the growth of people who already have stands.
>>
File: holiday dog.jpg (61 KB, 540x707) Image search: [Google]
holiday dog.jpg
61 KB, 540x707
>>44341910
Carols, decorate the haven bag, probably fight off some sort of Cobra plot about destroying Christmas since G.I. Joe Jump.
>>
>>44342398
Also is shining weapons still an upgrade if the weapon in question already Had the V.W.E.S From Mega man X?
>>
>>44343055
Yes. Increased attack power and what not, but it doesn't increase your VWES slots.
>>
>>44343120
Increased by how much? for reference it's a plasma punt gun That also has select fire.
>>
>>44342712
So what will my white snake evolve into keep in mind it's not able to go to made in heaven I carry mine differently >>44342712
So I'd get two stands?
>>
>>44343152
Can't really quantify it, but expect it to be around the level of Sodom and Gomorrah
>>
>>44343162
It would probably get additional Acts as you get better with the Spin, and eventually gain dimension/space based powers.
>>
Not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a Myst jump? And if not, would someone consider making one?
Thnx
>>
Can i use an online stand generator to generate my stand? Fantasy is leaving me behind ... alternatively could i justify some sort of warehouse summoning? (the stand summon any item from the warehouse)
>>
>>44343200
That's actually really cool but since it has ability to steal people's stands would I be able to do this at a distance now or evolve the stands I've stolen into my own ?
>>
>>44343259
is either done or wip, can remember who was doing it and if he finished it
>>
Is there a campione! Jump yet ?
>>
>>44343406
What evne is that?
>>
>>44343406
No, and I pity the poor bastard who'll lose his sanity trying to make a working system for Authorities.
>>
>>44343473
It's an anime that has people fight gods and take their powers as authorities
>>
File: RedStoneMask.png (1 MB, 860x844) Image search: [Google]
RedStoneMask.png
1 MB, 860x844
Talking about JoJo, what happens if a "normal" human use the mask with the red stone of Aja? will he become a normal vampire? from memory I think canon never considered the matter
>>
>>44343532
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3abPnEEGE
>>
>>44343532
I believe the ruling was that you become the U. Being.
>>
>>44343524
also a light novel
>>
>>44343510
It can't be that bad right?...right
>>
>>44343510
>>44343524
So power of dominance basically?
>>
>>44343551
Except he specifically asked what if you are a regular human

>>44343532
There is one pillarman still alive as a garden ornament under UV lamps. Assuming the Speedwagon foundation kept him till Universe reset, you can still take him from under these lamps, feed him blood, then take his DNA to make yourself a pillar man.

SANTANA
>>
>>44343556
I completely forgot that even existed
>>
>>44343595
Executive the soul stealing you just take a power from them
>>
>>44343650
So Data drain basically?
>>
>>44343200
That's awesome.

I wonder what would happen if a person Requiemed a Spin affected stand. If I remember, except for Polnarefs death, the stand reverts if you take the arrow(like when Polnareff first seen Silver Chariot accidentally stab itself with arrow. The panel shown it's requiem arm and effects when Polnareff took away the arrow and chronologically later in story he still has regular Silver Chariot.

It might also be that the stand has a grace period before reverting, this could be why Silver Chariot later stayed as Requiem.

Araki, why part 5 so complex)
>>
>>44343621
Yes, and that's what I said. From normal human to the Being. Then again, that's just from memory.
>>
>>44343664
I don't know what that is so I can't tell you
>>
>>44343200
So Hamon + Spin + Blue Oyster Cult, that's probably gonna be a crazy Stand.
>>
>>44343716
Generic virtual world jump, It lets you take powers from defeated opponents.
>>
>>44343751
So if I many to beat an eldritch horror I get me Memetic insanity inducement ?
>>
File: Nopepoke.png (181 KB, 481x356) Image search: [Google]
Nopepoke.png
181 KB, 481x356
Jump #1 Pokemon
Drawbacks:
Swarmed- Let the training fodder descend.
Marked- An offer I refused leaves me on the run.

Perks:
Physical Fitness
Survival Training
Free Running
Combat Training
Blend In
Savant
Champ In The Making

Gear:
Bag, Pokegear, Pokedex, 3 Potions/Pokeballs, Hat, Bike, Money, 3 Master Balls.

After some testing to assure myself this isn't a dream, I end up picking up a Pikachu on the road into Pallet. From there, I wait until the trainers set out before approaching Oak with the filled pokedex. Cue an ensuing negotiation for the data in exchange for monetary, and technical concessions. Staying in one place isn't a good idea considering the marked status, so it's a distanced mentor/student relationship. Learning what I can of the world's tech on the go will help. Improved memory should be put to use when you have it. From there walk or bike around Kanto for a year avoiding rocket where I can, and training my starter to become the strongest. From that point on it will just be a trip around the world, seeing what sights there are to be seen, learning what I can, and seeing if I can catch any legendaries along the way. The dice were kind enough to allow three.

The vagabond life took time to get used to. Survival training only goes so far, and it's difficult to ever entirely do away with money. A good experience all things considered. In regards to being a pokemon trainer? I decided not to early on, the appeal of forcing animals to battle has worn off as an adult despite current appearances. Instead of gym battles I just kept on my journey.
>>
>>44343706
>>44343621
>>44343551
That's pretty cool, do you think dna could be extracted without awakening the fuckers?
>>
>>44340510
>was considered a trap
What are some of the most well known trap perks?
>>
>>44343780
I'm not the best person to ask, but Maybe?
I used it to get time Lords Time senses By beating up the master in Doctor who.
>>
>>44343745
A spiraling infinite water vortex that travels through universes
>>
>>44343810
Depends what definition of trap you intend.
>>
>>44343790
How did you have a filled pokedex?
>>
>>44343898
They got it by catching pokemon.
>>
>>44343898
The Pokedex item is stated to already be filled, and you get it for free.
>>
>>44341910
Santa Claus jump

also music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoK24MySAg0
>>
>>44343941
Oh.

Oh! Fill- wait. Isn't that how Ash's pokedex worked? I remember him googling pokemon info in it.

So if you are in anime world, oak already has those info.

Now, what is most common interpretation of. Bill's incident? Did he get stuck in a pokemon suit or fused himself with a pokemon or such bullshit?
>>
>>44344018
I go with the game interpretation whenever possible, as they're better and I've actually had something to do with them recently unlike the anime. And in the games, Bill was fused with the pokemon. So that's how it was.
>>
>>44343681
I think a requim act would be absolutely ridiculous
>>
>>44343953
>TSO
mah brother of nubian descent
So hyped to see them in concert tonight
>>
>>44343183
If I took A pair of custom guns from Mega man X and only one had V.W.E.S, Could Shining weapon Give a V.W.E.S To the other one?
>>
>>44343379
I didn't see it in the Google Drive docs, so it might still be a WIP. Any chance you can remember who?
>>
>>44344037
DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MANY OPTIONS THAT ONE EVENT OPENS UP?

A lot.

>>in b4 sinister laugh
>>
>>44344084
Kansas, right?
It's been too long since I've had the opportunity.
>>
>>44344162
Meh, you can get a pokemon form in PMD so I don't see much gain.
>>
Do we have any jumps where we can hunt cryptids like Mothman, Thunderbirds, Lake Monsters and such?
>>
>>44344166
I came for wayward son and stayed for the rest
>>
Actually, wasn't Ash turned into PIKACHU for one whole episode and beginning of next one?
>>
>>44344212
After I finish Yakuza, there is another series i would like to make a jump for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNTZtZVVI8
>>
>>44344238
By a witch, yes. Proving that magic exists in pokemon.
>>
The first Jump, Pokemon:

Region: Johto

Identity: Drop in

Starter: Actual Starter (Eevee)

Abilities: Physical Fitness, Survival Training, Freerunning, Combat Training, Champ in the making

Gear: Bag (Bigger on the inside), Pokegear, filled Pokedex, 5 standard Pokeballs, 3 Potions, A red Hat, 3x Master Balls, HM Collection, 100K Pokebucks, Rebreather, Bicycle, Rappelling Rig, Med Kit, Hypervisor, Tranquilizer gun

Drawbacks: Marked, Damned

I found Eevee on the side of the road on the way to New Bark, being swarmed by spearow, after shooing them away, I took her into town and she was healed up by Professor Elm, who then needed my aid fending off a Rocket attack. With a new enemy in the world, I took Eevee and set off, within a week I found myself clutching her close at night, as terrible dreams beset me. Being that close to her every night truely deepened our bond, and when Rocket attacked sometime in the next month she defended me, and evolved into an Umbreon. The night of her evolution we stared up at the moon together, and I finally gave her a name: Lune. The following years I traveled the world, gathering a team. The only other pokemon to join me in Johto was Vulpix.
I was forced to take a boat to Kalos, during the voyage I found a Seel, a Horsea, and a Chatot, and in Kalos my final member, Honedge, joined the team. For the remainder of my time, I fended off criminal organizations from a boat I bought for myself (having 100K pokebucks makes you pretty fucking rich) and eventually found the Darkrai that tormented me. I defeated it with the aid of my Ageislash and Umbreon, the rest of my pokemon were unable to be of aid, having been put to sleep by Darkrai. When Darkrai was defeated, I had only a month left in the world, 10 years of adventure came to a close somewhat peacefully, the pokemon I had come to know and love resting peacefully in my arms on my boat
We back yet? jesus fucking christ
>>
>>44343259
>>44343379
Nah, it has been discussed, but I'm pretty sure no one ever started on it.
>>44344162
Given it was a kid friendly reference to The Fly I'd rather not think about the implications of that.
>>
Am I stupid, or is Tenchi Muyo's drawback system a fucking mess?
>>
>>44344212
horror movies jump
>>
File: Go.png (201 KB, 727x500) Image search: [Google]
Go.png
201 KB, 727x500
>>44343790

Jump #2 Generic Medical Drama
Origin: Janitor- I will rule as the power behind the throne.

Drawbacks:
Love Doctors- The Fun Begins.
FDA Approval- Not that I even have such fantastical powers, or any that deal with medicine.

Perks:
Interesting- Neat and handy, also free.
Medical Doctorate- Attending doctor specializing in gynecology. Not real doctor.
Skeleton Key- I control the locks, all of them.
Neat & Tidy- Mr. Clean the perk.
Dirt- Ridiculously powerful not just for a janitor but for settings like shadowrun as well.
Bedside Manner- Because you do, in fact, look fat in those pants.
Tugging The Heartstrings- Empathy, manipulation, and the ability to maintain relationships over time.
Steady Hands: Handy but the full potential is beyond me for now.
You Did Everything You Could: Zero bias, work through guilt, and learning from past experiences? Yes please.

Gear:
Persistant Stain- Fun at parties.
Cleaning Cart- Very useful.

Not the almighty janitor, but close. So in this jump everyone is ridiculously horny, and unprofessional. Meanwhile I have full run of the place, it's dirt, the ability to get into any place, and powerful social manipulation. Let the games begin.

I will turn this into a 10 year walk of shame for the hospital staff. Cameras, recording devices, etc. will be placed by me wherever the nookie hot spots are, and this will generate a great deal of blackmail professionally and personally. Breaking it up with pranks from time to time so it doesn't get monotonous, such as water balloons, itching powder, etc being dropped on those skipping duty. Or just paging them over the intercomm asking them to get out of the closet and to the operating room.Or just poking them with a mop, honestly. Bedside manner will even help in delivering the fact I can ruin their lives if they don't do their job or let my antics slide.
>>
>>44344309
No, I don't see what's wrong with it. Are you angry you get waifus from it? The entire premise is that, as a harem series all about wacky alien chicks falling in love with the MC, so both your merits and flaws, perks and drawbacks, lead to potential waifus. I think it's a neat system that should be used for more harem series jumps, and that I would use if I liked any other harem series than Tenchi enough to make a jump (maybe if I ever get around to watching Geminar).
>>
>>44344238
Yep.
He's also visited an alternate universe.
And crossdresses.

The anime can be weird at times.
>>
>>44344325
so what you're saying is you're an upgraded version of the Janitor from Scrubs?
>>
>>44344387
TECHNICALLY you visit another universe in the games in Platinum. Giratina's Reverse World.
>>
>>44342519
Depends on what you took in Bodymod. I had sense 4 and above human average for most else, along with only allying with races/factions that more than likely can see in the dark. [void walkers and pale sons] I also had a bit of experience, taking LoT as my 11th jump. Still way inexperienced, but it's much better than nothing.

Then my main buys were whip training, hexrifle, marksmanship, and air of authority. Drawbacks were lights and Xenos Horrificus.

The plan was to take out the Wargars first, and take use of the ammo storage bays. alternatively, a flare in the area would clear out the majority of them. Redeemers are next, and were dealt with by 'allying' with the Aquil Lejens, allowing them to take the mass of the losses. [air of authority, as well as the lights flickering causing hesitation in their ranks]. In their weakened state, the Pale Sons and Void Walkers as well as either myself or Shau' take to the Aquil Lejens base, starting with the leaders/generals' swift deaths. The glass statue of their leader further decreases the morale of the soldiers. Being wiped out, the spoils helped in taking out the weak Kin of Iron.

The Xenos Horrificus lack intelligence and armour, allowing the hexrifle to make quick work of them. If anything else, it's a perk. Now i have beautiful glass statues on my ship. MY ship. Plus, the Pale Sons can help he in this case. 1) on avoiding them, or 2) they'll need me that much more.

I did all the parts in one go, too. Like >44342584 said, the first 10 years are the hardest.
>>
>>44344398
Well, yeah.
But I mean full on "complete with alternate Ash, Pikachu and companions" alternate world.
>>
File: Thirst.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Thirst.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>44344391
I've never watched a single medical drama in my life. But when dealing with pic related for hospital staff it seems like the necessary step. Good thing I only have to deal with them on my shift. Off of my shift, I'll just be spending time enjoying life in L.A. while learning what I can. Science, math, medicine, etc. possibly through online courses. Doctor themed chain, and this is the beginning where I am in fact not a doctor yet. Mostly because Janitor was too good to pass up.
>>
are there any perks that make you radiation immune or will me being in heroic spirit form stop radiation entirely I rolled fallout for one of the jumps I do after fate
>>
>>44344460
Source for your image purely for research of course.
>>
>>44344460
which visual novel is THAT from
>>
>>44344212
you can hunt yeti in carnivores Also have a build.

Mega Man Zero
mercy invulnerability +200
pause button +200
researcher -100
rolled age 24
equipment engineer free for researcher
overdrive invoke system -200
cyber competencies -100 discounted for researcher
ciel's colleague -300 discount researcher
fifth guardian: lightning,badger,weaponized tunneling machine, Forty K squat style Mole Mortar like homing missiles,surprise attacks from below-600
warning free
satellite nurse free for researcher
elemental chip lightning -100
Pantheon blueprint free for researcher

* the plan: join the resistance, help ciel by giving her loads of science, constant bombardment of Arcadia with rods from God and properly resilient troops,join zero on his Fight as a field tech/medic.
>>
>>44344490
fucking read the fallout jump, there are at least 3 perks/drawbacks that make you radiation immune if memory serves me right
>>
>>44344346
No, no, no.Me getting 30 waifus from there is awesome.

The problem is thus:

Let's say I am on my first romp. CP is 1000+400 in drawbacks. That is fine. Then, we go to the Drawbacks section: "You may take any number of Drawbacks, but gain no more than 600cp from any combination of them."

...What? That contradicts my drawback limit in both first AND second (that one has 800CP limit) rounds!

Fuck it. Let's say I ignore this 600 cp limit and go by the limits established on the page 1.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

"Points gained from ‘The OTHER Chousin One’ is the exception."

So if I take this, I get more points than possible for the first romp and just 50CP under the limit for the second. What?

But fine. This drawback might be difficult to deal with, so sure. Plus, I welcome anything that gives me more CP.

But then, the finishing strike. The note next to the Chousin One drawback?

"(Takes up both drawback slots)"

...Oh what the actual shit.

I am not saying the system is broken. I am saying that the whole thing has some parts and lines that were obviously supposed to be erased.
>>
File: james in a dress again.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
james in a dress again.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>44344387
The crossdressing isn't that weird, relatively.
The fact that he makes a pretty convincing trap is.

James however crossdresses all the time.
>>
>>44344501
>>44344502
Grisaia No Kajitsu. The image search arrow is your friend.
>>
>>44344542
Shoulda had a perk for it in the jump.
>>
>>44344535
thanks
>>
>>44344560
>Not learning from James himself
Anon it's like you don't want to learn the finer points in cross dressing.
>>
File: image.png (215 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215 KB, 500x375
>>44344542
James had a pretty awesome rack that one time.
>>
>>44344595
Personally, I'm not convinced he's not actually a Ditto.
>>
>>44344538
>...What? That contradicts my drawback limit in both first AND second (that one has 800CP limit) rounds!
It's a mistake. Muyo's later system of +400 then +800 is how it's meant to be done. The 600 is an artifact from pre-split.

>So if I take this, I get more points than possible for the first romp and just 50CP under the limit for the second. What?
Yeah. Take it and break both limits, I guess.

>"(Takes up both drawback slots)"
Also another artifact from the pre-split version

So yeah, you're right. There are a buncha little mistakes because it got overhauled a lot. Still though, the intended way is +400 then +800 from drawbacks, so just ignore the typos.
>>
>>44344309
Well, framed like that, you're stupid. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>44344655
Anon, has anyone ever told you to read the entire conversation before posting? >>44344538
>>
>>44344621
If anybody is a ditto, it would be Jessie's hair.

I refuse to believe that the eternally poor Team Rocket can afford enough hairspray to keep that 'do around.

Unless that's WHY they're poor. Hmm.
>>
>>44344542
James' entire job description can basically be summed up as 'salaried fucking around'.
>>
>>44344595
>Not the gif version where he basically rubs them in Misty's face.
James is proud of his amazingly convincing tits.
>>
>>44344670
Or perhaps her hair could be that naturally? Ah who am I kidding she is likely spending it all on hair spray and killing that world's ozone.
>>
>>44344622
Ah. So the jump was not written split in two from the start. That does explain the artifacts. Thank you.
>>
Remember the first few episodes where Team Rocket was competent and threatening?

I wonder if Pikachu shocking them the first time caused brain damage.
>>
So my pirate crew has a cook, a sniper, and a navigator, what am I missing other than a shipwright?
>>
>>44344721
I heard they were pretty competent and threatening for X & Y.
>>
>>44344733
Is the sniper also a lookout? You need deckhands. Ideally, you would have a quartermaster, but you could do both as the Captain if you don't want to share power.
>>
>>44344721
Eh, they were pretty competent in Black & Whte, from what I recall.
>>
>>44344733
A fruit merchant. Don't want the scurvy now.
>>
>>44344721
Team Rock is actually hyper competent

When they aren't trying to steal Pokemon.
So either Ash has an aura of incompetence projecting from him, or they're intentionally being idiots. Honestly, they've got a pretty good gig going on.
>>
>>44344744
>>44344753
I heard they started out really good with smart team rocket, but then went full garbage later on when someone made them go hyperdrive retard.
>>
>>44344749
I've got 2 other pokemon with roles to fill, plus the crew that comes with the One Piece ship upgrades, so I need a quartermaster and a lookout, sounds good.
>>
>>44344733
Fighter, musician, eye candy/diplomancer and an animal.
>>
>>44344292

YOU STOLE MY BUILD AND HONEDGE IDEA.

Damn, it will feel odd
>>
>>44344763
Make the quartermaster also your first mate. I can't believe you didn't have a first mate yet. You're a pirate aren't you?
>>
>>44344733
let's see, a quarter master, a boatswain, a mate, you obviously need some a.b.s. for various uses around the ship (mainly for the sails and rigging) and a swabbie
>>
>>44344777
I do have a first mate, she just happens to be my navigator.
>>
>>44343183
Also if you choose to be human In the end of mega man X,Can you use this jump to upgrade your Armor? Or would it be an entirely new thing?
>>
>>44344687
>Salaried
Those three pretty much do it for free.
They're eternally broke.

Well, until James' family kick the bucket then he'll be fucking loaded as the lone heir to a huge fortune. Jessie could probably finish up college at some point with a pair of ear plugs, she only failed Pokemon Nursing school because the chanseys kept putting her to sleep.

And then with everything in their life looking up they'd blow it on building ridiculous robots to steal Pikachu because really why not at this point.
>>
>>44345065
at some point they're going to just become friends with Ash and say they totally got Pikachu because they're always with him
>>
>>44345065
And then they fucked.

THE END
>>
>>44345121
MEOWTH THAT'S RIGHT.
>>
>>44345121
I... don't think James is into women.
>>
File: Team Rocket knows how to live.png (795 KB, 1020x764) Image search: [Google]
Team Rocket knows how to live.png
795 KB, 1020x764
>>44345152
Jessie is pretty much a man in that relationship. She's the one to be the guy every time they dress up.

>>44345089
Remember that time they competently kidnapped Ash and Co. for the reason of having an audience for their bit of musical theater and then just let them go afterwards?
>>
>>44345152
Maybe, maybe not.

Then again, it's hard to say since only a handful of people are shown to have any sort of romantic feelings that aren't adults. And other then Brock, they all want the Ash.
>>
>>44344733
Your crewing needs will be dictated by what you're sailing and what you're hunting.

So what do you need to crew, and what are you absconding?
>>
File: bayleef.png (351 KB, 679x509) Image search: [Google]
bayleef.png
351 KB, 679x509
>>44345199
Bayleef wanted the Ash tree real bad.
>>
>>44345217
Latios deserved it more.
>>
>>44345208
I'm going to be sailing a frigate size ship in One-Piece, on the Grand Line, and I'm against the whole damn world (I took THAT drawback)
>>
>>44345233
Latias you mean.
>>
>>44345233
Latios tried to go after it in human form. That's pretty much cheating.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 500x379
>>44345233
Would be best mon, If it wasn't for those stupid hair wings.
>>
>>44345253
All's fair in love and war anon.
>>
>>44344292
The Second Jump, One Piece:
Origin: Age 18, Drop-In
Skills: Nakama, Survivalist, Precision, Combat Art: Three Sword Style, Commanding Presence
Devil Fruit: Barrier-Barrier Fruit
Items: Reinforced Clothing, 500,000 Beli
Companions: The Nine Divines
Drawbacks: (Oh shit what am I doing) One against the World!

Companion Purchases next (it was too big for one post)
>>
>>44345561
Companion purchases:
Lune:
Origin: Drop-In
Skills: Survivalist, Navigator, Commanding Presence
Gear: Reinforced Clothing, Log Pose, 500,000 Beli, Unique Weapon (Sea Prism Stone tipped staff)
Drawbacks: Wanted, Warlord’s Fury
Additional Note: First Mate, Quartermaster, and Navigator for our ship

Volpe:
Skills: Survivalist, Combat Arts (Black Leg Style)
Gear: Medical Kit, Binks’ Brew, Reinforced Clothing, 1,000,000 Beli
Additional Note: Will become our Cook, may eventually consume the Fire-Fire Fruit (provided we find the damn thing)

Leone:
Skills: Survivalist, Combat Training, Precision
Gear: Reinforced Clothing, 500,000 Beli, and Unique Weapon (Musket that can accurately hit a target on another island and has a stock capped with Sea Prism Stone)
Drawbacks: Directionless
Additional Note: Our sniper/gunman, will use his ice powers (he’s still a Dewgong) to lock down ships for shooting (may eventually consume the Ice-Ice fruit)

Caballo:
Skills: Survivalist, Shipwright
Gear: Ship Upgrade, Swimming Gear
Additional Note: Our Shipwright, will be making repairs/building our fleet.

Psittacus:
Skills: Survivalist, Tinkerer
Gear: Reinforced Clothing, Strange Machine, Devil Fruit Encyclopedia
Drawbacks: Directionless
Additional Note: Our engineer and Devil Fruit expert

Onore:
Skills: Survivalist, Combat Training, and Combat Art: Three Sword Style
Gear: Reinforced Clothing, Sea Prism Stone Shackles, Swimming Gear, Medical Kit, Unique Weapon (Damage resistant Scimitar with Sea Prism Stone as a pommel),
Drawbacks: Wanted, Government Crackdown
Additional Note: Our Swordsman, fiercest fighter besides the captain

The world already hates us, so fuck it, we're gonna earn it, we'll shoot down any ship that comes near and loot it, load excess shit into my warehouse, and since the ship has a definitive size, we can eventually make a set of doors large enough to hide it in the warehouse too
>>
>>44345561
>second jump
>taking One Against The World
A braver man than I
>>
>>44345243
Is OP an early jump for you? If so, I doubt that drawback is survivable.
>>
>>44345724
I took the Barrier-Barrier Fruit to try and mitigate the problems that's gonna cause (if I can make a staircase several hundred feet high, I can probably protect one side of my ship at a time from attacks)
>>44345753
I assume most of the other characters lose their plot armor because there's no plot to be armored with, so that should help, that and I know most of their weaknesses.
>>
would an electric conduit get overloaded by a goro goro no mi user or would they just absorb it anyway?
>>
>>44345716
>those names
Fantasia portami via
>>
File: seriously.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>44345561
The Second Jump, One Piece:Drawbacks: (Oh shit what am I doing) One against the World!

>>The Second Jump

You better have some damn good explanation on how you can compete at this power level on a second jump
>>
>>44345831
I only speak English, and I'm terrible at making up names, so I just looked for interesting, but still pronounceable words that matched the pokemon.
>>
>>44345791
>I assume most of the other characters lose their plot armor
Yeah, that's a hell of an assumption.
>>
>>44345561
>>44345716
Aaaaand done. There's no way that's survivable as a second jump.
>>
>>44345791
You have every fucking Admiral and hiring captain in the world gunning for you, plus None of your Crew nor you didn't take Any haki So They can knock you out with just a stare and then comes the coup de grace.
>>
>>44345791
Man, One Piece was my second jump, and i took the Goro Gro, the one fruit in the story called FUCKING INVINCIBLE! and I didn't take that Drawback.
>>
>>44346063
*Goro Goro

Also, forgot video link/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpks7EvkQY
>>
>>44345791
Even if you know their weaknesses and there aren't plot armor, you'll be facing people whose fights can fuck up an entire island's weather system. I don't think it's survivable as a second jump, man.
>>
>>44345895
I have the Barrier-Barrier Fruit, and a team of fully trained (level 100) pokemon that now have humanoid forms, plus sea prism stone weapons, provided I don't have to face off against the Straw Hats until much later down the line and I don't get swamped until I reach the grand line itself I should be able to barely survive.

>>44345985
So every single Admiral has conqueror's Haki? because from what I understand that's nearly impossible to have and more difficult to train. and since I show up pre-time jump, not even Luffy has it yet, so I think I stand half a chance.
>>
>>44346147
They might not have conquerors,But they haven't and you don't which gives them That ability. What are Your companions Move lists like? that might be a deciding factor here.
>>
>>44346147
So what's your plan for when they all come after you at once? When your ship is stuck in a frozen sea as tremors tear it apart, when lightning and lasers rain down from above and giants carry armies of devil fruit user towards you. What will you do when hundreds, nay, thousands of fishmen attack your ship from under the water, filling the hull with water?

What will you do when balls of fire and magma are flung at you through a clogging smoke that chokes your sailors and holds you and your companions in place?
>>
>>44346147
I don't think you understand man. The bit of Grandline that most of the story so far has tekn place in? The one that Luffy nearly died several times in? That was called Paradise.

Sea Prism ain't worth shit to powerful enough fighters. See Boa's shattering Smokers club.

Normal, everyday Pokemon aren't worth shit to pirates in the Grand Line.
>>
>>44346287
*taken
>>
>>44346147
i hope you've taken the food option and forcewall in the warehouse cause you are going to be stuck there a while
>>
>>44346287
Their claim is a full team of level 100 Pokemon. I'm suspicious of your claim that they 'aren't worth shit to pirates in the Grand Line.' The demonstrated feats of Pokemon in the anime- which the Jump is partly based on- are just as absurd as One Piece, if not more absurd.
>>
Just found a typo in the Percy Jackson jump:
>Grand Quest (400) For 300 CP you may import 6 more companions as described in Band. Your Fates will be intertwined for the duration of your stay, ensuring that if one goes on a Quest all will be sent on it. Be careful though, Fate will make things more challenging to account for the fact that it’s 9 of you instead of just 3.

>Grand Quest (400) For 300 CP
Which one is the actual pricing? 300 or 400?
>>
>>44346147
You have every single able-bodied fighter out for your blood. The Admirals alone include: a living ice age, a person shaped angry volcano, and disco ball rave man: master of light. What's more they all have strong and extensively trained Haki.

You don't have Haki, and Sea-Prisim means little when you are facing icebergs larger than islands, a rain of molten explosive boulders, or a dude punching lasers at you.

You might escape one or two engagements, but once people know where you are at (and they do have long range wireless communication networks) you will then get dog-piled by all the heavy hitters in the area. No matter what, that will slow you down enough for the Admirals, Garp, or Whitebeard to get to you, which is Game Over.

Plus, most high ranking Marine people will have some sort of Seastone weapon, which would render your Barriers a moot point.

Even if you managed to make a 360 degree shield over yourself, there are more than enough people willing to wail on it 24/7, so eventually you'll get worn down.

Turtling up under a shield will just give others time to reach you.
>>
>>44346651
This.
>>
>>44346706
Eh. I'm not familiar with many Pokemon feats. Arlong, a fishman who hadn't ventured into the Grand Line in a long time, was capable of lifting an entire house up and turning it upside down.
>>
>>44346287
>>44346731
Alright, I guess I'll rebuild with drawbacks other than One Against the World. Losing Combat Art: Three Sword Style (which lowers my total to 1500) and taking Wanted+Plot-Bound, which should be more survivable with my ship.
>>44346239
Lune (Umbreon):
Persuit, Feint Attack, Assurance, Payback
Volpe (Ninetales):
Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Fire Blast, Incinerate
Leone (Dewgong):
Aurora Beam, Hail, Icy Wind, Blizzard
Caballo (Kingdra):
Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump, Twister, Brine
Psittacus (Chatot):
Hyper Voice, Chatter, Uproar, Fury Attack
Onore (Aegislash):
King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Iron Head, Shadow Slash
>>
File: happiny_used_strength.gif (860 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
happiny_used_strength.gif
860 KB, 500x281
>>44346706
>>
>>44346985
And here I remember when it was impressive that Charizard could sky-bodyslam motherfuckers.
>>
>>44341910
Lots of typing and reading.

In jumps I spend Christmas alone. Everything is set up in advance, though. There are decorations and lights, music is played, presents are left under the tree the day before, along with cookies and egg-nog, several hidden sub-basements are magnetically sealed against intrusion as decoys.

I have a little tree, though. I paint one on cardboard each year and stand it up in some sort of plastic container. I just don't want my companions to see that, honestly.

>>44344212
Martin Mystery/ Totally Spies, IIRC.
>>
>>44347000
Pokemon's been running for awhile. Gotta throw in more insane bullshit to keep interest.
>>
>>44346858
>>44346985
Gah.

But yeah, this is explicitly an infant- she only hatched a few episodes prior.
>>
>>44346985
Forget the lifting feat, I want that grip.
>>
File: Get In alice.jpg (58 KB, 540x616) Image search: [Google]
Get In alice.jpg
58 KB, 540x616
>>44344325
Jump #3 Resident Evil
Origin: Researcher
Drawbacks: Cyclops, Bounty, Wesker, Corporation Games.
Perks:
Sculpted Form- Nice boost to physical here, and appearance.
Opportunist- Never let opportunities slip by.
Knowledge Base- Learning and memory booster.
Differential Diagnosis- Useful for becoming doctor, and not being bitten.
Doctor In The House- Extremely useful for doctor build.
Project W- Only since I'm getting the capstone booster. Doesn't feel like a capstone until then.
Form Then Function- Second appearance booster in chain.
Recoil What Recoil- Just like an action movie.
Hypnos Gene- Long term investments.

Gear: STI Eagle 6.0, Satellite Phone.

The games are begun, run Jumper, run! Basic plan is to go low footprint, and keep electronics off. Upside to this is that I'll learn a great deal about being on the run, and how to fight/shoot with a lack of depth perception over time. Downside is that everything is terrible for a decade. Best bet is to use mental and social muscle to make my way through this traipse across the world. At least there won't be global outbreaks everywhere. Survival will be done off the wild, theft, cons, and impromptu work at clinics under aliases. Might tap my research connections to get past tight spots as a very last resort, if not to plant false trails.
>>
>>44347033
However she isn't likely to be able to increase that lifting power much as she grows. Her overall power will increase, but she won't be bench pressing mountains as a Blissey.

It's also one of the more BS examples that contradicts so many other more powerful and stronger pokemon not being able to lift things much lighter, but that's just a problem with the writing of the anime.
>>
>>44346706
No. Pokemon are pretty powerful, but high-tier One Piece dudes are ridiculously strong.

A Lucario or Tyranitar could conceivably wreck some of the Eleven Supernovas (before the timeskip). Anyone more powerful than that will destroy them.
>>
File: 3756734-gura_gura_island_quake.png (587 KB, 1218x729) Image search: [Google]
3756734-gura_gura_island_quake.png
587 KB, 1218x729
>>44346706
This is the kind of thing the big shots in One Piece can do.

No Pokemon, bar legendaries, can compete.
>>
Alright, I have a strict no-companions policy but after jumping Nechronica I really don't want to just leave my Sister on a dead world all alone, would it be possible for me to take her as a companion and then somehow "drop her off" at another setting?
>>
>>44347188
So, if the jump is based on the games, what if you bought 5 masterballs with your CP and set to capture 5 of the legendary pokemons? for example i'm pretty sure in the games you can capture Arceus, what then?
>>
>>44347362
Yes, you can leave her in the next jump

>>44347381
It's a hybrid. It's up to you in what proportion.
>>
>>44347381
Then you're wanking so hard nobody wants to get close enough to make a call.
>>
>>44347504
to be fair, when people can do shit like >>44347308 freely, who's really wanking?
>>
>>44347579
To be fair, you don't have to take the hardest drawback in high power anime in your second jump
>>
>>44347579
...How does One Piece power levels effect what is or is not wanking in the Pokemon jump?
>>
>>44347654
It doesn't, it's false equivalence and he's trying to dump aggro
>>
>>44347622
I'm not >>44347381, and as I said >>44346869 I rebuilt a bit so I wasn't taking something that I apparently should not have taken
>>44347654
it doesn't, and I'm realizing I was being stupid more and more with this Jump
>>
File: Groudon.jpg (199 KB, 612x1023) Image search: [Google]
Groudon.jpg
199 KB, 612x1023
>>44347381
If legendaries are massively powerful forces of nature, what makes you think they'll let you throw a mortal made prison-ball at them?

They'd just vaporize it, then you.

That's the issue with trying to catch legendaries when you've fluffed them to be really damn powerful: You'd not be able to catch them in that case, regardless of having Masterballs.
>>
>>44347743
>Massively powerful forces of nature
Your first mistake: Being stupid enough to believe all myths and legends as facts. And when you people always talk about the pokedex being nonsense? For shame

Second mistake? You thinking all legendaries are on the level of Palkia/Dialga. They are not. Legendaries include shit like Heatran that are literally nothing special at all except just uncommon. You need to stop thinking 'legendary pokemon = god' because most of the time it's not true.
>>
>>44347790
That's nice, but that post was responding to someone who was specifically mentioning capturing Arceus.
>>
>>44347790
He's saying that if you argued the legendaries could fight on the level of One Piece, then you wouldn't be able to catch them because they'd be powerful enough to fight on the level of One Piece.
>>
>>44347813
That post I responded to was speaking about legendaries in general.

Also didn't Arceus in the movie get its ass beat by Ash's pokemon?
>>
>>44347833
>was speaking about legendaries in general.
No, it was pretty clearly responding to a post asking how well legendaries would match up in One Piece if you could catch a team of them with masterballs. Hence it pointing out that IF they're on that level, you're just going to get your arse beat in Pokemon as well.
>>
>>44348063
>it was pretty clearly
>>44347743
>If legendaries
>legendaries
Go back to school.
>>
>>44348076
That's not legendaries in general, that's legendaries under a quite specific interpretation of their power level.

>back
The school I went to is off to my left.
That's what you sound like here.
>>
>>44348299
In general is referring to legendaries as a group. Yes, using the plural is referring to legendaries as a group. It's time to stop being so stubborn and accept that maybe you didn't understand what my post said.
>>
Did anyone do anything with Lazarus Pits during their DC jump? Those seem like they'd be a good base for all kinds of useful yet shady enterprises'.
>>
>>44348564
Don't the Lazarus pits in most DC settings make people come out mad, enraged psychopaths before returning back to normal?
>>
>>44348564
>>44348618
It also doesn't help that you DO have to die before using them, otherwise you come out permanently insane.
>>
File: Batgirl_70_2.jpg (324 KB, 1182x1797) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_70_2.jpg
324 KB, 1182x1797
>>44348618
Amongst other things.
>>
>>44348618
Yeah, but the insanity is temporary.

>>44348664
Not true. People have used them to extend their lifespans and heal serious injuries. Yeah, there's risk, but rarely are the side effects permanent.
>>
File: Batgirl_70_3.jpg (361 KB, 1182x1800) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_70_3.jpg
361 KB, 1182x1800
>>44348697
>>
>>44348784
And people think it's a good idea to use those pits. This makes me want to seal any that I find rather than use them personally.
>>
>>44348784
> I am... LAZARA
Wow, Nora, you must've spent the entire coma trying to think that one up.
>>
>>44348849
It was a one-off event, really. It's not like jumpers or their allies have been subjected to years of strange events, experiments, or unusual energies.
>>
>>44348892
You forgot to put a yet at the end of that sentence.
>>
>>44348697
>>44348784
I prefer to ignore comics Freeze. The DCAU did him perfectly, but the comics have ruined him, and never done him or his storylines well except when they were DCAU comics. It's such a simple idea but they can't even manage it. I mean, in the new 52 Victor was never even married to Nora, she didn't even know his ass. He was just a creepy retarded stalker.
>>
Speaking of comics what did you guys do for the Marvel Civil War?

I didn't pick a side and basically told everyone that tried to force me to register to fuck off.
>>
>>44349156
Comic writers are generally terrible. Every so often you get one story that's really, amazingly good, and sortof justifies the entire medium as a whole, but on a whole, the vast majority of it is bargain grade crap.
>>
>>44349196
>I didn't pick a side and basically told everyone that tried to force me to register to fuck off.
There was a small group of individuals that both sides allowed to sit out the war. Dr. Strange meditated and fasted on the moon. Hulk did Hulk things. Namor hilariously told of Reed Richards to fuck himself and then swam away.

So, yeah, your plan could work if you were powerful enough.
>>
>>44349196
I ignored it. Because both are retarded.
>>
I just become a serial rapist, thank you jumpchain
>>
File: 637518-annihilation_02____6.jpg (761 KB, 2560x1931) Image search: [Google]
637518-annihilation_02____6.jpg
761 KB, 2560x1931
>>44349196
I hope you Thor'd it up.
http://imgur.com/gallery/EtDwU

I decided to help deal with the Annihilation Wave.
>>
>>44349282
Does Kryptonian levels plus magic resistance count as high enough or do I need to break out more WTFHAX stuff?
>>
>>44349313
It's hilarious how they had the characters point out to the heroes on Earth that their petty Civil War was an irrelevant tiff compared to the massive bullshit the rest of the galaxy went through at the same time.
>>
>>44349320
>Does Kryptonian levels plus magic resistance count as high enough
Nope.

Basically the only people that were allowed to sit out the conflict were the ones that superhero teams backed by governments decided were too powerful to deal with. Well, the XMen sat it out too but they were on lockdown after the House of M.

tl;dr - Unless you can single handedly pose an existential threat to whole countries, you'll end up on a side.
>>
>>44345716
The Third Jump, Pirates of the Caribbean:
Origin: Age 27, Drop-In
Skills: Curse like a Sailor, Sharpshooter, Master of the Code, Nobody’s Tool
Gear: Ship, Wolski’s Glass, Nice Hat, Warrant of Trade
Drawbacks: Missing some bits (One Eye)

I've had my share of anime adventure for a bit, let's go be pirates somewhere else and fuck shit up with the power of weaboo fightan magic.
This is gonna be way more fun now!
>>
>>44349351
Hopefully we'll see the same thing happen in the MCU once the Guardians team up with the Avengers and Hulk & Thor return from dealing with whatever happens in Ragnarok.
>>
>>44349320
Hulk is nearly unstoppable, Dr. Strange is often Sorcerer Supreme aka the biggest magic dick around, or else he's still one of the strongest magic users period, and Namor rules the ocean so no government on land has authority over him. It's basically what >>44349364 said
>>
>>44349364
can't you just ... lay low? not familiar with the comics but especially if you drop in they shouldn't know about you and judging from the movie trailer it looks like a pretty short war anyway
>>
>>44349364
>>44349402
So instead of hoping my generic Superman abilities will be enough I should instead reveal to the world that I am actually an eldritch being capable of taking nukes and turning entire cities into zombies and able to produce ridiculously legions of Grimm?
>>
>>44349403
If it's MCU Civil War, you might be able to hide. The recent trailer has me worried that they might fuck up what is arguably Marvels' best story. The MCU version looks a lot, /a lot/, smaller in scale both in terms of players and geographical areas involved.

But if its Marvel the jump Civil War? No. No you can't hide. They form up combined teams of superheroes and supervillains to hunt down outliers, and those teams are backed by the major world governments working in concert.

You'd be able to hide in your Warehouse, but if you're on Earth there's a good chance they'll come from you.

Although if you went somewhere that was aggressively pursuing non-extradition in regards to CW, ie Wakanada or Atlantis, then you'd be okay.
>>
File: nova_vs_ironman_02.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
nova_vs_ironman_02.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1968
>>44349351
Yeah, this is still one of my favorite pages in comics.
>>
>>44349403
The comics Civil War is VERY different from what we'll see in the movie. This video explains the majority of it pretty well.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8UZprDgkw
>>
For those of us who don't read comics, what's the Marvel civil war?
>>
>Demon king daimao
Drop in, male 16 years old
>Drawbacks:
Weird
Arranged Marriage
Rumors
Extreme Stoicism
Rival Houses
Unpopular
Monstrous
Hated
Mister X Syndrome.
Unlucky
Demon Beast Marked
Sensitive Tail
>Perks:
Onlooker
Invisibility & Flight Magic
Hammerspace
Physical Magic
Demon King’s Power
Magic Manipulation
Demon King’s Estate
Friends or Foes: (2 canon companions)
Tomes, Books & Information
>>
>>44349455
Eh, maybe? Don't get me wrong, that power level might warrant being left alone, but would anyone know that you've got that kind of juice?

'Cause if you demonstrate that, then people will hunt you down for committing whatever act you used to demonstrate it. Now, if you had Cosmic Fact from Marvel and you were that juiced, there's a good chance people would more or less put you on the Do No Fuck With list.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.