[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EvoGame: The Rebirthing 4 - Return of the Librarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: EvoGame-Banner.png (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EvoGame-Banner.png
1 MB, 1600x1200
Hello again my fellow creators of /tg/. After a very long hiatus on my part, I've returned to continue our EvoGame where we left off.

Those of you not familiar with this how these threads function, I'll give you a brief rundown. The goal of this Game is to see far the evolution of these critters go, and to also see how many days we can keep this running of course. As GM, I'll be actively working to make phylogeny charts to track the evolutions, and also throw in some random events, and extinctions of course to keep this interesting.

In regards to the Phylogeny Charts for the critters of this game thus far, there have been 360 created species, since this began back in October, and 297 still live in this Game. The Phylogeny Charts for these animals can be found in the Imgur link below since the file sizes are too big to post now.

Phylogeny Charts: http://imgur.com/a/zuAl1

Previous EvoGame Threads:
Its suggested you use these for making new creations since all the creatures in the Phylogeny Charts have had their sizes and resolutions adjusted for the charts.

>> 43024144
>> 43050136
>> 43080345

How to play:
• Open an image of a species in MS Paint, or your editor of choice
• Make one evolutionary change to that species
• Save as .PNG!
• Post your new species in the thread with a description of what evolution you've added and why.
• Adding size increments or names is optional, but would be appreciated.

Notes:
• Unless stated explicitly, no species ever goes extinct. Old species can still evolve, even if they're not on the latest "chain"
• Try to make your evolutions gradual and realistic
• Roughly every 12 hours I'll add an update Phylogeny Chart to track changes.
• About every 24 hours I'll be rolling for a Random World Event.
• Every 24 hours counts as about 12 million years of time on Planet Evo.
• Have fun

A refresher on the Setting will be on the next following post.
>>
The Setting:
The planet is most similar to Earth during the mid-late ordovician period. Roughly 20-25 mya, the planet a cataclysmic event by a Supervolcano eruption, enveloped the planet in ash. 20% of life was wiped out, but for those that survived, flourished in the fresh new world.The aftermath of the mass volcanic activity, has left Planet Evo today with lush world of fertile seas and lagoons, as well as marshy shorelines and loamy earth, which has become home for the brave pioneers of terrestrial life.

• As life presses on ever more into land, organisms begin to adapt to the differing climates of the three larger landmasses.
• The mountainous Eastern Continent, home of the now dormant Mt. Khornus is lush with fertile grounds for plants, and mix of cold highlands, warm valleys and isolated expanses of freshwater lakes and flatlands.
• The Northwestern Continent is the most land dominated by low to sea-level lands where the grounds are always moist, while more northern regions are found to be dryer and more hilly.
• The Southern Continent is home to the great desert on its northern landmass, where precipitation is rare, while the southern region of the land is known for its welcoming, temperate climate.
• Planet Evo now has about 15% less oxygen in its Atmosphere then compared to Planet Terra of the Sol System. It also contains Nitrogen, Hydrogen, and traces of gaseous heavy metals of the past Ash Cloud.
• In some of the shallower parts of the oceans bare rock has been exposed, a potential substrate for more sessile organisms to easily settle in. These regions of the oceans while, tiny in size are comparably warmer and clearer than else where in the ocean.
• The night skies have been filled with an array of light as of recent. While likely unnoticed by the organisms of the planets, shimmering auroras and meteor showers have been flying over the skies at night. It would appear, according to my probes that a nearby Star has recently destabilized.
>>
>>44323518
>>43024144
>>43050136
>>43080345
Because the way you typed it made it green
>>
Pictures of some creatures? Nobody has anything to add too. There's nothing there
>>
File: Yin Mad.png (37 KB, 222x254) Image search: [Google]
Yin Mad.png
37 KB, 222x254
>>44323967
Working on compiling an easy access database of pictures for the creatures. Until then I would suggest using the archived threads of the previous threads to pull images from.

Database should be up shortly.
>>
File: Yin Smiling Transparent.png (47 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
Yin Smiling Transparent.png
47 KB, 294x200
Here is the Image Database for each of the Organism Classes.

Algea: http://imgur.com/a/kgqoB
Braf: http://imgur.com/a/DzADx
Bzol: http://imgur.com/a/2VGx9
Cerar: http://imgur.com/a/yVXue
Hawa: http://imgur.com/a/0hGbF
Mulu: http://imgur.com/a/WMRs9

Now without further ado. You may begin evolving stuff.
>>
>>44324875
I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff you just provided, how much of those are alive?
It can't be all of them, right?
>>
>>44325103

All of them are. As I said in the first post, this is a continuation from threads I hosted back in October. I had hoped that I could simply pick it up where it left off.

In the event that this is too overwhelming though, I had planned an extinction event right off the bat.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1136x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1136x576
Excuse my shitty job. Mobile phone and all.

Scientists haven't seen the lava bzol in some time. This makes the recent re-discovery of the lava bzol that much more exciting. It appears that the lava bzol still burrows in the ground and ingests extremely hot, molten materials to use as a defense but it also uses its internal "lava" as an attack. The lava bzol was recently recorded grabbing the freakish spider bzols by their undersides with their jaws that can rapidly extend. The lava bzol held onto the spider bzol for a few seconds, shot some of its molten core into the spider bzol's internal structure, and then dug away. The spider bzol later died due to its internal burn injuries and the lava bzol tracked down its corpse and began feasting. It appears that the lava bzol's lack of eyes is made up for with its sensory pits that are all over the lava bzol's extendable jaws. The lava bzol is basically a lava eating mole that grabs prey and gives them a nice shot of molten goodness before they wait and feast away.
>>
File: SeedRootFloater.png (177 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
SeedRootFloater.png
177 KB, 800x600
The latest species of floater has evolved a specialized function in it's segmented "vines".
Now the segments are filled a mixture of hydrogen oxygen gases, and the walls of these gas chambers are lined with tiny seeds.
The segments detach from the vine when they have reached a certain maturity, or if the central cell of the floater senses danger. The seed pods fall to the earth where the impact causes a striker glad to ignite the gases inside, and the seeds burst out, using the force of the blast to spread themselves out and bury themselves in nearby soils.
>>
So uh, not to be a bother, because I'm one of the autists that loves these games and is willing to dredge suptg to catch up. Seeing as how I missed the start of this back in October, but I can't help but notice that the starters for this have been used in a couple iterations, and if you expect more people to hop on the god-train, it might be nice to post the links to the archived threads in the OP.
>>
>>44329665

are we allowed to post the /tg/ archive links?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.