[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degenesis: Rebirth - General NA homebrew edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 1449255127324.png (1 MB, 1240x858) Image search: [Google]
1449255127324.png
1 MB, 1240x858
Continuation of >>44245118
Books:
https://mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk

Simple Setting Breakdown:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Degenesis

www.degenesis.com

Chargen:
http://www.degenesis.com/character-en/
>>
File: Culture Lines.jpg (159 KB, 717x563) Image search: [Google]
Culture Lines.jpg
159 KB, 717x563
>>44280474
NA HomeBrew Cultures
Cultures

1) Yucatan for Mexico, which is far more united
2) Gulfers/Caribs, the united islands of the gulf and caribbean.
3) ??? Riggers once went here, now need replacement
4) Tex: The people living in the black-gold/natural gas focused warzone that is former Texas and Western louisiana
5) River-Folk, the ones born amongst the rivers
6) Plainsmen: Who are rough and tumble folks trying to colonize the plains, and very much dealing with digging into primer deposits
7) Appalachians: Living in isolated mountain areas, and mining for mineral and coal wealth even now. They send parties down into the infected coastal ruins.
8) Wallers, from those who make their living on the glacial walls of the north
>>
File: Extent of glaciers.jpg (82 KB, 490x352) Image search: [Google]
Extent of glaciers.jpg
82 KB, 490x352
>>44280491

CULTS
>???:Warlord Aristocrats of Mexico
>???:Downtrodden narcotic using poor of Mexico
>Acadians/Cajuns/need a better name: Running the river trade
>49ers: Digger dudes, like scrappers, but far more focused on DIGGING.
>Ahabs: Something based around fighting against primer beasts from the sea?
>Couriers: Something based around defending against the primer plagues. They seek to study and understand the plagues, and seek to preserve various languages while also maintaining lines of communication between settlements worried about plague carriers.
>Planeswalkers?: Something based off of returned astronauts. They returned with ancient tech after the kinetic shields on the space habitats failed shortly before the bombardment, forcing many to evacuate before the clouds shut off the stars for centuries.
Planeswalkers? Descendants of spaceborne refugees who have skewed Bygone science into distorted mysticism. All they know from their records was that the kinetic barriers had been switched off on the last Bygone day, yet something protected their ark stations as the Eshaton rained down on the Earth below. Pic related.
>Neumennons: Something based around the crazy bible belt puritanism? See
They could spawn from the Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish. Since they were already living without electricity or technology they fared far better than the rest of the country. They blame the Eshaton on the rise of technology and sins of man, so they have begun a crusade south to spread the word of purity and simplicity in order to save mankind.
>Loa: Something Voudoun Based
>>
File: Gulf rigs.jpg (173 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Gulf rigs.jpg
173 KB, 600x399
>>44280502
>Barnumites: Where apocalyptics are descended from hedonists who joined Gypsies, in North America, these hedonists ended up joining circuses, carnivals, and river boats. They bring vice and crime wherever they go, and have an intimate understanding of primer plagues, traveling even when the river is toxic, and fearing not even the leviathans of the atlantic north gulf.
>Riggers: Based off the Oil and Natural Gas Rigs off the coast of the gulf and the caribbean nations. These places rule and control trade across the gulf, often working alongside Ahabs and Loa
>USCA: something based on the 3 letter US organizations, CIA, FBI< NSA, ICE, USSS, etc. Works especially well given how entrenched these groups are into the politics of the cartels and the central american and caribbean nations, so I love this idea.
So the CIA, FBI, NSA, ICE, USSS, etc all band together into a single entity. Their goal is to keep the idea of "America" alive. They are all covert operatives who use sabotage, slander, espionage, and propaganda to pit the people against outside influences. The detest the Yucatan (and any Africans who make it to the Americas) and wish to rebuild the US based on their codex: the constitution. They are also hell-bent on recovering the military an nuclear assets from Bygone.
>Steaders: Unlike Europe and Africa, the people of North America never really descended into Nomadism, and instead founded Steads. Your township or 'steadholt' are the neutral associate close to 'tribes'. North America is far more 'wild west' than 'conan the barbarian' but still primal punk as unless you're a rigger, carib, or yucan, you're not going to be having much in the way of guns.
>>
>>44280474
>>44280502
Note: Need a new thing for Downtrodden Narcotic using poor of mexico, as that fits better as their type of steader.
>Idea: Dowsers, using psychotropic drugs of the central american jungles to help them find oil, natural gas, minerals, and artifacts, as well as avoid primer deposits.

History
>NA is split between Yucatan and The River Nations
>River Nations live off of the Mississippi and it's tributaries. The east side is where most civilization is, mostly tiny town city states, united in ever shifting confederacies, but to the west side, where once humanity was erradicated, the old cultures resume and reclaim it.
>The Yucatan Empire formed out of the cartels and the criminal organizations, the warlords and despots, many died, but others survived by shifting their production from drugs to food, but drugs still used to control the populace. Junkie populations and aristocratic, warrior peerage, throw in a mishmash of mesoamerican stuff, maybe the war of the flowers again?
>NA was hit by 3 Meteors. The Yucatan, the San Andres Fault Line, and off the south eastern-coast, which was the largest.
>Massive floods and tidal waves obliterated almost all ruins on the eastern coast, and left them infected with dormant primer, making the eastern coast past the Appalachians an infected, terror filled mess. Florida and the eastern side of the coastal plains are fortress cities, controlled entirely by the Spittalians, the miner towns of the Applacians are likewise fortress cities, guarding their passes against the primer horrors.
>The san Andres fault line explosion shattered the west coast, but likewise set off the yellow stone explosion. This meteor fragmented, and most of the fragments were powerded and launched into the air by the thousands of erruptions that ripped up and down the east coast. Even today, no one passes into the mountains of ash and flame, the toxic gasses and constant earth quakes impossible to impossible to navigate.
>cont
>>
>>44280527
History Continued

>The Yellowstone erruption scattered primer all along it's ash fall. The closer you get to Yellowstone, the more concentrated the deposits are.
>Many things are buried in the ash, and digging for artifacts is a common method of finding things, but often you find primer deposites, dormant for centuries, and causing primer plagues. In NA, the primer is not a blooming fungal field, or a mutated jungle, instead it is a virus, a bacteria, the original horrible thing. When awoken by diggers, it spreads as a plague like small pox, but when the meandering uncontrolled rivers occasionally unburry one, or some poor farmer's crops dig their roots into a primer deposit, then it spreads more insideously. Every few decades, the life giving Mississippi becomes a plague distributing river of death.
>Baton Rouge, once a place of meetings for tribes in the region, is once again a center of trade, closer to the Atchafalya than the ghost city of New Orleans, depopulated ever since the first river plague, which took everyone in the streets. New Orleans is the city of graves, and no one goes there for fear of awakening old ghosts and the plagues they bring.
>Texas is a warzone, fought over for it's remaining deposits of black gold and natural gas. The River-Folk and the Yucatans fight in a constant battle for this precious commodity, and hostilities only end when primer plagues from too ambitious digging kill all the combatants in the region.
>The Islands of the Caribbean were badly hit by hurricanes and Tsunamis, and despite hits to their population, they recuperated and thrived, forming strong relations with the Riggers off their own coasts and the mostly untapped petrol deposits therein. The Caribs, as they came to be known, united under a single naval empire, and proceeded to dominate trade, with their currency, the "Plate" which are dog tag like stamped metal sheets, becoming the common currency. These are primarily backed by the riggers.
>>
>>44280551
History Continued Again
>The Narco-Warlords of Mexico have their own currency based on small, chewing gum pack sized bricks of Narcotics, packed and treated to last for decades if need be without losing potency. They pay the steaders in their lands with this currency, which is mostly smoked or eaten or huffed, or whathave you, with only a pittance being kept for spending cash, thus insuring that the Narco-Warlords keep their power and wealth over the populace.

>>44280491
Replacement Culture: Burnlanders, descended from those who remained in the ashlands despite the yellowstone erruption. Once the only true nomadic entity in North America, they have steadily been pushed back, and now fight a continuous war against the expansion of the Plainsmen and River-Folk, desperate to keep their lands for themselves as they grow more fertile. They fear farmers and any who dig into the earth, for that awakens the terrible primer plagues, and instead hunt and gather.
>>
>>44280590
Caribs should control a good chunk of Florida. And launch expeditions to recover artifacts from the Plague Vaults.
>>
>>44280491
>>44280502
Due to increased siesmic activity, the glaciers and water sheds produce FAR more active springs and melt water runs, meaning the ash lands and river lands have a stupendous number of marshes and rivers running all throughout them, far more than exist today, their meandering course impossible to fully predict or hold.
>>
>>44280551
>>Baton Rouge, once a place of meetings for tribes in the region, is once again a center of trade, closer to the Atchafalya than the ghost city of New Orleans, depopulated ever since the first river plague, which took everyone in the streets. New Orleans is the city of graves, and no one goes there for fear of awakening old ghosts and the plagues they bring.
Reminder that New Orleans is now called the Big Uneasy, and nobody likes to talk about it.
>>
>>44280474
What if, to replace the narcopeasants, you have narcodruids? They're the ones who find out new drug strains from the mutated flora and fauna that's bound to appear in NA. While they're regarded as friends/cash cows by the narcolords, they don't share the same sentiment. They could have believed that what they're doing is preparing the greater humanity to adapt when the Primers get out of control.
Think of shamans who make drugs so they can help humanity adapt to the high future.
>>
File: 1450260726283.jpg (38 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450260726283.jpg
38 KB, 640x640
I'm very intrigued by this RPG (it looks like another one called Dark Earth), are there any pdf avalaibles by any chance ?
>>
>>44280735
Check the OP, friend.
>>
>>44280735
Are you sure you can read them? Because apparently you can't read the OP.
>>
>>44280793
>>44280802

Oh fuck sorry I didn't see the spoiler ! Thanks guys !
>>
>>44280830
It's alright, I still like you at least.

Now read through the game and tell us who your favourite waifu is.
>>
>>44280842
Actually don't, waifu chat has been well and truly beaten to death in this thread.

Talk about husbandus instead
>>
>>44280932
monitor best husbando
>>
File: Cavebear.png (532 KB, 619x833) Image search: [Google]
Cavebear.png
532 KB, 619x833
>>44280932
>implying that's even a discussion
>not wanting a big strong Cave Bear scrapper to care for you and warm you in his den when winter arrives

Do you even comfy and safe?
>>
Oh wow. You guys have really done a lot in the twelve or so hours since I looked at the last thread. Let's see what I can comment on.

>>44280491
>NA HomeBrew Cultures
One of the things I liked about the core setting was how everything was recognizable, but you could tell it'd also been through 500 years of cultural and linguistic drift. So we may want to look into coming up with some appropriate names for these cultures down the line. But for now, they work.

>>44280502
>CULTS
I like these. I really like these. I might suggest renaming the USCA to something a little less "official sounding," maybe, but I dig the concept. Overall, these Cults are great.

>>44280645
Yes, give me marshes. That's great.

>>44280722
>Narcodruids
Somebody give this man a beer or something, because this is a beautiful idea.

>>44280513
>Not many guns

I might disagree with this, simply because firearms are so ingrained in American culture. But I agree with this sentiment. It's been 500 years of Mad Max; actual cased rounds are probably not going to be common at all. I would say blackpowder muzzle-loaders are definitely at least slightly more common than they are in Europe/Africa, however.

Overall, I personally think we're off to a great start with this. I'll work on more Ahab-related stuff later today, if I have time.
>>
>>44280590
>The Narco-Warlords of Mexico
this sounds kind of offensive
inb4 "do you know where you are"
I'm not mexican and I can already see people cringing at the idea that these people now run
all of mexico.

What if mexico is divided between the old money/land families that survived and grew and the new narco run azteca nation that actually has dealings with the new nations in the former US
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>44281248
>I can already see people cringing at the idea that these people now run all of mexico.

Pic related.

But I'd say it makes sense. Post-Eschaton, these would be the people who would likely have it "together" the most. They have men and weaponry. They have structure and order. They have the land to grow things, like food.

I do agree that they need a lot more fleshing out, however, which is what this thread is for.
>>
>>44281194
>I would say blackpowder muzzle-loaders are definitely at least slightly more common than they are in Europe/Africa, however.
If you want to play up the wild-west aspect, you could possibly get somewhere with relatively advanced blackpowder guns. Minie balls, paper (or maybe even metal) cartridges, needlefire, all that fun stuff. Could be even be reasonably explained by the yellowstone throwing up a whole lot of sulphur and salpeter, making for rather easy access to black powder's ingredients, hence making those guns much more commonplace and driving their development (or rather, rediscovery) while the industry isn't quite there for smokeless powder and automatics.
>>
>>44280502
Name suggestions
>???:Warlord Aristocrats of Mexico
los patriarcas
trece padres
Something that plays up the masculine aspect of these new noble houses

>???:Downtrodden narcotic using poor of Mexico

an aztec theme maybe, I imagine these people would be what the apocalyptics would be if they were a nation and not a conglomeration of gangs and gypsies
>>
File: TApuLe2Q.png (381 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
TApuLe2Q.png
381 KB, 512x512
What clan/culture would be best if I wanted to play a post apocalyptic version of pic related?
>>
The kid in the first trailer, he's a Dushani, right?
>>
>>44281866
Yeah, soundwaves and the manipulation thereof are their thing.
>>
>>44281934
Yea, figured it was that.
>>
>>44281858
Balkhan apocalyptic
>>
>>44282324
not a helvectic?
>>
>>44282663
I agree with >>44282324, Boss is too unconventional and modular in his tactics to be confined to stock-standard soldier, even if the Helvetics are very effective such.
>>
File: Seagate-logo-wordmark.png (108 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Seagate-logo-wordmark.png
108 KB, 2272x1704
I think I know what Balkhan's symbol means.
>>
>>44281337
I like this idea, personally. Lots of people still have guns, but you've got only one shot before you have to reload. Which would explain why people would still probably use axes and swords and suchlike; don't need to reload those.

>>44281340
Perhaps "Los Plantadores"? The Planters. As in plantation owners.
>>
>Mexico - It's either drugs or aztecs
>/tg/ in charge of worldbuilding
>>
>>44284826
To be fair, the US is all oil barons, cowboys, and federal government toadies.
>>
I've noticed the book makes almost no mention of aircraft

What's the status of aircraft in general? Is the piloting totally lost knowledge? Is there some shortage of planes/helicopters? I imagine there would be a few some places.
>>
>>44285088
There's some mentions of gliders, but I'd imagine flight is all but lost at this point. Only the Africans have consistent access to oil now, and they seem more interested in fueling ships and Surge Tanks to use fuel on helicopters, even as status symbols.
>>
>>44285207
It just strikes me as extremely strange considering how immensely useful flight is for travel

>psychovores
>fucking fly over it and touch down where you need to be
>>
>>44285274
>psychovores
>touch down where you need to be
>not just firebombing everything when you have the chance
>>
>>44280722
This is an excellent idea. They could have regular trading with the Burnlanders who in turn provide some volcanic glass close to Yellowstone, which is infused with strange Primer-based properties.

>>44281248
>What if mexico is divided between the old money/land families that survived and grew and the new narco run azteca nation that actually has dealings with the new nations in the former US

I actually like this idea because its not just a shallow caricature of Mexico with a sloppy paint of post-apocalypse slathered over it, it's a real and present issue the nation currently faces.

I read a comic called Lazarus a while back and it presented an interesting idea, with a few hyper-wealthy families ruling over commoners (called "Waste") who occasionally elevate a few Waste into Serfs, and who are served by one semi-immortal assassin called a Lazarus.

>>44283358
>Perhaps "Los Plantadores"? The Planters. As in plantation owners.

Please no. I'm so goddamn sick of every Mexican or South American faction in almost every game being some variant of "Los ___"

And do we really want to emphasize this as a wild west setting? It's been pretty played out.
>>
>>44285729
Los is just the word The is all. Use it as a proper name type deal and its fine, I'd say its more insulting to not use proper spanish than titling.
>>
So I have a question about the Resources background. Is it just a measure of what people will allow you to purchase in the first place? Is it also supposed to be an alternative to paying for stuff you can get from your Cult? I was reading the description and it sounds like there might be implications of the latter, but I've also been writing for three days without a good night's sleep, so I might just be losing my mind.
>>
>>44285357

I bet the Spitalians have one locked away somewhere.
>>
>>44285972
It represents how much access you have to your cults equipment. If you have high enough Resources you can petty much just take whatever your cult has to offer with no questions asked. Otherwise you might have to pay. This is pretty powerful, and the GM is encouraged to punish excessive abuse.
>>
>>44286501
Ah, so I'm not completely insane. So that just makes me wonder how it might work with a less than cohesive group like the Scrappers. I'm imagining Resources with them would likely work a bit like piled up favors and stuff you can cash in? And perhaps more importantly, how does that impact your ability to take shit at chargen?
>>
>>44286614
Scrapper resources could represent your territory, what part of the scrap fields are recognized as yours?
>>
That guy's ass in the seconf preview is immaculate. I wanna just bury my face in there.

But
>Spitalian
>implying they'd let you do the freaky stuff.
>>
>>44287211
I wonder if BDSM survived the impact? Because an entire faction of buff bald dudes wandering around in leather, gas masks and rubber sounds like it would appeal to a certain class of survivor
>>
>>44280722
>>44281194
>>44280527
>Idea: Dowsers, using psychotropic drugs of the central american jungles to help them find oil, natural gas, minerals, and artifacts, as well as avoid primer deposits.

What about this?

>>44281248
See: >>44281336
Yes, I was worried about that too... but to be fair, we have Africans literally stealing away white people to work as slaves... leading to so many bad racial stereotypes and old ingrained 'they're coming for our women' things that it's not even funny. The Cartels would be the dudes most likely to even remotely have it together post-eschaton.

>>44285729
Now this here is a cool idea, we could drop the nacro-druids entirely in favor of the old landed nobility and the warlords. Los Plantadores and Los Patriarcas respectively? (or reversed)
>>
Cults Update

>Los Plantadores:Warlord Aristocrats of Mexico, descended from the Cartels of old, and primary economic powerhouse of the Yucatan, mesoamerican religious influences?
>Los Patriarcas: The Old Landed nobility of Mexico, descended from the Conquistadores. They have heavy control over education and religious fervor (merged with the Jesuits?)
>Acadians/Cajuns/need a better name: Running the river trade and primary 'uniters' of the Confederacy, keep the Caribs off with one hand due to close blood links with Riggers, and work hard to fund mercenary efforts against Yucan expansion.
>49ers: Digger dudes, like scrappers, but far more focused on DIGGING.
>Ahabs: Something based around fighting against primer beasts from the sea?
>Couriers: Something based around defending against the primer plagues. They seek to study and understand the plagues, and seek to preserve various languages while also maintaining lines of communication between settlements worried about plague carriers.
>Planeswalkers?: Something based off of returned astronauts. They returned with ancient tech after the kinetic shields on the space habitats failed shortly before the bombardment, forcing many to evacuate before the clouds shut off the stars for centuries.
>Neumennons: Something based around the crazy bible belt puritanism? Descended from luddite type religious groups and believe that technology and hubris lead to the eschaton, have a great deal of influence over the Appilacian regions, and are steadily expanding south and west.
>Loa: Voudoun Priests, work closely with Riggers and Ahabs to run the Carib Coalition.
>Barnumites: Where apocalyptics are descended from hedonists who joined Gypsies, in North America, these hedonists ended up joining circuses, carnivals, and river boats. They bring vice and crime wherever they go, and have an intimate understanding of primer plagues, traveling even when the river is toxic, and fearing not even the leviathans of the atlantic north gulf.
>cont.
>>
>>44287597
Cults Update 2
>Riggers: Based off the Oil and Natural Gas Rigs off the coast of the gulf and the caribbean nations. These places rule and control trade across the gulf, often working alongside Ahabs and Loa
>USCA/Needs a Better Name: something based on the 3 letter US organizations, CIA, FBI< NSA, ICE, USSS, etc. Works especially well given how entrenched these groups are into the politics of the cartels and the central american and caribbean nations. Have the last vestiges of the constitution which they worship as a holy document, as well as many entrenched and hidden military bases and their locations across the old USA. They seek to revive the USA under a strong federal government and to fight off influences of all foreign powers, leading them to be very active in the Tex warzone, as many of their hidden assets are scattered in that region of the world as well. Are desperately searching for a way across the Burning Ranges, as they believe the last intact 'super weapons' of the bygone are located across it.
>Steaders: Unlike Europe and Africa, the people of North America never really descended into Nomadism, and instead founded Steads. Your township or 'steadholt' are the neutral associate close to 'tribes'. North America is far more 'wild west' than 'conan the barbarian' but still primal punk as unless you're a rigger, carib, or yucan, you're not going to be having much in the way of fully automatic guns, but muzzle loaders and caseless ammunition is still fairly common.
>>
>>44287597
Acajians for the Acadian/Cajun one.
>>
>>44287597
I would make the Mexican nobility more of a Clan thing, trying to fight off the poisonous influence of the druglords and create a more civilised and religious Mexico
>>
>>44287695
I'd imagine that they're more frenemies honestly. Also we're full up on cultures at this point.

They have the richest crop lands in the world at this point, and a near monopoly on maize, as wheat I imagine is nearly wiped out, and rice only grows REALLY well in the gulf region (making the southern coast which was only dusted with ash and so had it's fertility boosted rather than smothered under a thick ashfall like most of the midwest, the bread basket of the confederacy). The two factions work together while sniping at each other when they think they can, trying to move into the Tex region or to claim Rigs for their own benefit.
>>
>>44287332
Anon, this is a post-apocalyptic world midway between Judge Dredd and Mad Max, where one breed of Psychonaut explicitly is just a culture of dominant superhumans that subjugate the masses via mind control and spend most of their day fucking non-Psychonauts. The Hellvetics, Justicians, and Spitalians are entire cultures based on Doms, scrappers are basically submissives, and the African continent can be boiled down to "hedonists". If you want repressed sexuality and faith-based corruption you join the anabaptists. Of course BDSM survived.
>>
>>44287597
>>44287655

I feel like there should be a cult dedicated to reviving the ancient teachings of the mythical founding clan fathers who placed them on the equally mysterious constitution.

A bunch of wandering adventurers who find alot of sympathy in the clans and homesteads, speaking of a better world if only the right tenants of right and wrong could be rediscovered.

Men like Washington, Roosevelt, Kennedy are looked on as saints and prophets of the constitution and prayed as such for powers associated with their reign.

Strangely, the closer one gets to their time, the less is known. Records mention a Clinton, a Bush that was two and the dark skinned Obama yet suddenly the records stop.

Great progress has been made but Washington itself is infested with primer and mutants and no great power has provided the cult with enough to break the blockage. So for now they spread their gospels and try to gain an ear in the courts of the south and yurts of the north.
>>
>>44287858
That works with our crazy 'descended from US intelligence organizations' cult.
>>
>>44287858
Wouldn't the DC area be one of the areas completely overrun by glaciers, or are we too far south for that just yet?
>>
>>44287911

I think in this case rule of cool overrides all else.

Post apoc America should have Washington as an important point of interest that somewat survives and yet is difficult to penetrate.

Could be important artifacts, technology, information hidden within the old gleaming white citadel but most tribes dont really care anymore and those that do don't quite have the fire power to break in.

The constitution itself could be a holy grail
>>
>>44287911
New York is Glaciered, but not much further than that.
>>
>>44287948
DC has maybe a decade or three before its swallowed by the ice. Certainly the glaciers are in no hurry, but the Descendants of Columbia are trapped in frenzied debate about the proper course of action in the frozen city.
Should the hallowed marble halls simply be looted, stripped of all important documents and statues and left to freeze? Or should efforts be made and alliances forged to try and defend the city from the encroaching ice?
>>
>>44287948
>>44287911
Or we could just use that to our advantage. The sepsis doesn't go into the frozen areas beyond the odd fractal forest which in and of itself is sort of the antisepsis. Maybe the crazy alphabet agency cult use the tundra and perils of navigating glacial areas to keep themselves isolated from the other factions and psychonauts, capturing what they can and bringing them back to DC where they can study the infection and the rest of the world without fear of retaliation or spread of spore fields.
>>
>>44288027
Actually wouldn't it be the reverse? The ice age is warming up, so the glaciers are slowly -retreating- by this point right?
>>
>>44288047
Could be they're using some advanced tech to burn tunnels into the ice itself
Or just using Cold War era underground shelters to move under the ice, popping up into frozen over archives
Hell, maybe a combination of both
>>
>>44288060
Doesn't seem that way in Europe. The glaciers are described as moving in on some towns still. Won't be long before they stop though, and things settle down for the proper Ice Age of waiting for glacial retreat
Of course, things might be different state side. Lot of lakes to cover before reaching the US, and Yellowstone going up will heat the place up
>>
>>44287597
>Ahabs

Remnants of overseas American military eventually finding their way back to the states and mingling with the local coastal population. With the heavy fire power of the defunct US navy and teachings of the marine passed from generation to generation, the ahabs take to the seas to bottle monstrous leviathans which act as a mobile primer base.

However, the cost of oil and the dwindling supply of advanced weapons have forced them to go for more primative weapons as harpoons became the weapon of choice for the Ahab hunting teams.

Coastal settlements greatly welcome the Ahabs as they keep away primer beasts and the mysterious half men/ half fish creatures known for luring young women and children away from settlements.

Ahabs also have the unenviable job of exterminating infected villages. I hesitate to simply use the term deep ones but we can loop innsmouth mythos into this cult.

Also they have a semi functional air craft carrier that can somehow work.
>>
>>44288081
>>44288047
With this in mind, it could turn up an interesting source of conflict if we're also implementing >>44288060 this rule. Within the next few decades, perhaps sooner, the glaciers are going to fully retreat. Does the society move further north and build anew, forsaking their hallowed ground, or do they finally go into full action, letting the world know that they still exist and that they're the shadows in the night that make your loved ones disappear. What does this mean for the archives? Can they survive the thaw or the exodus?
>>
>>44288140
I'd imagine it's more than just the American navy, but also the collective navies of the gulf pulling together with the Riggers.
>>
>>44288153
It'll probably be a few more centuries before they retreat if >>44288136
is right.
>>
Is there any chance a Canadian cult somehow survives the frozen hell?
>>
>>44288234
They'd have to be highly nomadic, following game trails of whatever they hunt diligently.
>>
>>44288234
Wallers at best. But canada is entirely covered in glaciers. They'd have been driven entirely south or east and west -maybe-.
>>
File: 1450454651297.jpg (177 KB, 1060x754) Image search: [Google]
1450454651297.jpg
177 KB, 1060x754
No one reads these threads any more, they're walls of text.

Maybe start a wiki for the NA stuff?
>>
>>44288234
Mounties and First Nations being forced further and further south, staying just ahead of the ice fields?
I could see it, but I don't imagine they'd be a major force. Something like the British and Irish in Europe, people know of them and some trade, but they stay to themselves
>>
>>44288291
This. Please.
>>
>>44288291
This. Homebrews should be separate from actual mainline RPG discussion.
>>
>>44288318
>people know of them and some trade, but they stay to themselves
I thought that was mostly because of the fractal forests?
>>
>>44288291
thank god someone finally said this.

honestly it's good that people are making their own homebrews and the ones they made aren't half bad, but it stagnated every other discussion.
>>
>>44288422
Fractal forests are an African thing, the main issue getting to Britain is getting past the Pheromancers in Franka
Sea trade's the obvious option, but good luck sailing the Atlantic coast these days. The Leopards do it, but that's mostly because they have no other choice
>>
>>44288544
No, I thought the Fractal Forests were up north? Psychovores are in Africa.
>>
>>44288616
i don't think there should be two degenesis threads man.
>>
>>44288592
Ah, no, I think you're right actually. Got confused between the psychovore's crystalline scructures and the Fractals forests you find in northern europe
Still, between them and the pheromancers Britain is still hard to reach and harder to leave
>>
>>44288616
No need to piss people off.

The two people who have a boner for NA just need to realize they're not the crowd, and keep it out of the setting thread. Don't label your next thread Degenesis General and everything should be fine.
>>
>>44288616
Dude, come on, we're actually making OC and stuff and your answer is to make a thread for my waifu discussion? Really? Nobody is stopping normal discussion.
>>
>>44287655
>>44287597
>>44280491
>>44280527
>>44280551
>>44280590

What needs expansion now guys?
>>
>>44288773
The NA stuff is kind of off-putting for the people that don't want to take part in it, and it's dominating this thread. But whatever,deleted just for you, anon-kun.
>>
>>44287597
How about instead of Los Plantadores, we get something like Sombratics.

Los Patriarcas can be the Sangrenos. Like Cortez, they lament the loss of the City and the slaughter of their pureborn people. But they slowly gain influence in the Yucatan. Jungle tribes are enslaved, their children indoctrinated to serve the Old Blood unquestionably.

>USCA/Needs a Better Name: something based on the 3 letter US organizations, CIA, FBI< NSA, ICE, USSS, etc.

Anonycnymics. They worship the pantheon of Letters, with each Bureau given a specific role. Federals legislate among Steads, Nationals try to draw intelligence on other Cults/Cultures, Centrals are the assassin splat that acts on National intel with Federal support, and Classified Services act as internal police. No one really knows whose in charge, only that every order seems to come from "the top", when in actuality it's just a few shadowy higher ups trying to discern commands from Bygone official documentation pulled out as society collapsed. They essentially act as oracles, dictating the next move based on interpretations on the few lines of text that haven't been blacked out.

A large part of this faction can be that it's so obsessed with secrecy/confidentiality that there comes a point where no one really knows why anyone is doing anything.

>>Couriers

Reverends. Communication is life, humanity is a chorus, and a chorus must be comprised of many voices. Only through the Reverends spreading the religion of Communcitas can humanity hope to evolve and adapt. Conformity is the Primer's curse, stealing Steaders of the tongues of their fathers; language and dissonance are the weapons of the Reverends.
>>
>>44288822
Fair enough man, but just start up conversations about the main game? I mean there's prompts and most of the people homebrewing will divert their conversation to talk about the rest of the setting.

Hell, I have a question right now, What the fuck is up with that empty section in the psychovore belt on the english map posted last time? Dhuani or something?
>>
>>44288140
I like these. I really, really Goddamn like these. Going to try to work them into my write-up for the Ahabs.

Good ideas, anon. Good ideas.
>>
>>44288882
Dhoruba? Best I can tell its the impact crater Psychovore grew out of, more of a scratch along the surface where an asteroid fragment fell and scarred the earth
>>
character generation questions.

1.) scrapper rank 3 Mechanist grants +1 to Resources, does this mean that a person can start with 4 resources as opposed to 3?

2.) can I use Resource on character generation for cult specific items? or am I limited to using drafts and dinars for that?

3.) I'm building a crafting and ranged combat scrapper here is that a decent archetype or is it non-optimal?
>>
File: Degenesis map.png (3 MB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
Degenesis map.png
3 MB, 1138x1600
>>44288882
Also, the map, since I keep looking at it
>>
>>44288955
oooh, alright. Why has it not gotten further to the north then? Have efforts been made to contain the psychovore belt?

Also what's up with Cairo?

>>44288981
gah, the red oceans really mess with me for some reason.
>>
So I've got a question: you counterattack if you use your attack skill to actively defend and rack up 3 Triggers. If you're using a weapon with Smooth Running, does that activate on the counterattack? Cos 3T is usually enough for that.
>>
>>44288853
>Anonycnymics. They worship the pantheon of Letters, with each Bureau given a specific role. Federals legislate among Steads, Nationals try to draw intelligence on other Cults/Cultures, Centrals are the assassin splat that acts on National intel with Federal support, and Classified Services act as internal police. No one really knows whose in charge, only that every order seems to come from "the top", when in actuality it's just a few shadowy higher ups trying to discern commands from Bygone official documentation pulled out as society collapsed. They essentially act as oracles, dictating the next move based on interpretations on the few lines of text that haven't been blacked out.
>A large part of this faction can be that it's so obsessed with secrecy/confidentiality that there comes a point where no one really knows why anyone is doing anything.
I like it. The right hand working against the left, and sometimes against itself.
>>
>>44289026
>Have efforts been made to contain the psychovore belt?
I'm under the impression that it moves very slowly and doesn't like fire.
>>
>>44280474
>Has the tech to still forge steel swords.
>Can't forge any armor for shit.

Somebody should make a cult purely dedicated to making maille. Not only would they be filthy rich, everybody would love them.
>>
>>44289031
I believe you pay with the 3T to activate the Counter Attack, and thus technically have no triggers left, unless you roll like 6T or something crazy I guess.
>>
ok so what's up with istanbul? is it junglekebab like the rest of turkey, or part of balkhan as a frontline city?
>>
File: necromunda-ratskin.jpg (125 KB, 891x951) Image search: [Google]
necromunda-ratskin.jpg
125 KB, 891x951
>>44284826
m8 if you have better ideas please share them.
>>44287491
I second this anons ideas
>>44287858
>>44287887
The government remnants faction would be like this, when not sabotaging other cultures and cults their spreading their ideas and knowledge to any steaders who will listen in order to win them over and it makes it easier to get resources in return
>>44287971
that's disappointing, i would have put forward a steader clan of men wearing oversized rat cloaks who live in the new york underground and go out hunting at night.
pic very related

>>44288140
this seems broken. The US Navy is nothing to fuck with. I really liked the idea of mostly normal ships built out whatever was around and maybe throw in a a few navy ships as their heavy hitters that really keep them relevant. keyword few
>>44288853
A federal faction that is constantly undermining itself is a good idea.
>>
>>44289044
Aren't the Neolibyans just too busy making LOADSAMONEY to care about the Psychovore belt?
>>
>>44288974
>1.) scrapper rank 3 Mechanist grants +1 to Resources, does this mean that a person can start with 4 resources as opposed to 3?
I think it has to imply that... or if it doesn't it just means you have a point to be spent elsewhere perhaps?
>>
>>44289026
The belt is all the areas covered in gray in africa, Dhoruba is only a different colour to make it easier to find the impact site. And I might be wrong about it being the impact site
As for Cairo, it and the rest of the cities along the Nile are lost to the Psychovore forests, but the Anubians have some way to get into and out of the city at will
And yeah, the red is kind of unsettling. Sells the whole "the world is deeply fucked up" aspect though, and how dangerous the oceans are.
Wonder how long it will be before navigating The Cape of Good Hope becomes possible?
>>
>>44288981
Why is there a massive inland sea in the middle of Africa? Was that another crater caused by an asteroid?
>>
>>44289070
>this seems broken. The US Navy is nothing to fuck with. I really liked the idea of mostly normal ships built out whatever was around and maybe throw in a a few navy ships as their heavy hitters that really keep them relevant. keyword few
what if they were based around the old fishing and oil tanker fleets instead? There's thousands of those in the gulf, and they're -way- easier to fuel and maintain and actually keep running than ships of the line?
>>
>>44289047
if you're talking about the girl it sort of looks like some kind of lamellar, which doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
>>44288804
I feel we should expand on the actual cultures themselves so that we can expand further on the cults and how they operate and why they operate in certain regions and not others
>>
>>44289083
what?

I'm using the character generator on their website BTW, it gave me 4 points in backgrounds but only 3 open slots in any one background...I put 3 in resource and 1 in network, then decided that I'd play a mechanist that grants +1 Resources
>>
Instead of talking about this awesome game and setting we making shit up for the other side of the world. Really guys? Why?
>>
>>44289171
Cause it's fun
>>
>>44289110
Could be, but just about every river on Earth seems to have broken its banks thanks to the asteroid that hit the Atlantic. Could be that lake is a result of the Congo and all its tributaries flooding into each other and eroding the land between them
>>
>>44289135
I think they were saying that you're either right and it pushes you past the starting cap or no, you still have to stay within the limit and just end up with a spare point to put somewhere else.
>>
Favourite Culture and why?

Borcan masterrace here.
>>
>>44289171
because we have rampant imaginations, it's why most of us are on this board in the first place.

>>44289111
that's pretty good, and they could probably be heavily modded for each individual captain and job. Any actual navy ships would probably be parked near important sites or areas where incursions happen the most
>>
>>44289118
>I feel we should expand on the actual cultures themselves so that we can expand further on the cults and how they operate and why they operate in certain regions and not others
Agreed. This is probably the place to start.

So Cultures.

Yucatan. Weird mix of heavy christian and mesoamerican influences here for their culture, which is already how it is in many rural regions.

Caribs obviously have the pinch on trade, perhaps one of the few groups able to still fund actual ships of the line, making them a concentrated alliance between the Loa, local Riggers, and Ahabs? Need more information on this part of the world honestly, but I feel like they should have a love-hate relationship with the ocean in a big way.

Tex is not just the 'locals', because the conflict there has been raging centuries and there's entrenched steaders on both sides. Tex cultures are a heavy mix of both Yucan and River culture, with a good mix of Plainsmen mixed in... you never know when the nearby town will throw in with the other side and start raiding your wells. 49ers are pretty big deals here, and often disturbing primer deposits and bringing about primer plagues, but the ash is deepest here, and so many artifacts are well preserved.

River-Folk, the confederacy of towns, think city-state italy with wild west and colonial era politics all poured into each other. The Acajians would have the focus of their power in this region, competing with the Barnumites?

Plainsmen are descended from the River-Folk, but are tougher, more survivalist, seeking their fortunes against the burnlanders and the elements of the ashlands, where nature has only just begun to reclaim the lands. 49ers make up a massive segment of the population here.
>>
>>44289214
Africa probably, something about expanding empires really gives me a chub
>>
>>44289171
Because Americans can't stomach not being a part of a setting
I kid, mostly. Still would like to see what kind of Sepsis you get in other areas. I wonder if Indian Sepsis responds to the European idea of the four humours. Would be an interesting parallel
>>
>>44289214
African here. I like my infrastructure personally, and the ability to actually build stuff.
>>
>>44289288
>I kid, mostly. Still would like to see what kind of Sepsis you get in other areas. I wonder if Indian Sepsis responds to the European idea of the four humours. Would be an interesting parallel
this would be really cool.
>>
>>44289171
welcome to /tg/ we make shit up because we find it fun.

>>44289206
as in "ask your GM, it's more up to them." sort of thing.

now, can I use my resource background as described on page 37 during character generation?
because I'd like to take a Marvel as well.
>>
File: Humorism.svg.png (47 KB, 440x441) Image search: [Google]
Humorism.svg.png
47 KB, 440x441
>>44289288
>I wonder if Indian Sepsis responds to the European idea of the four humours
I like it.
>>
>>44289214
Hybrispanians for me. I can never say no to revolutionaries.
>>
>>44289277

Appalacians (We really need a better name) are based around their mining towns, and have a near monopoly on the metal trade. They have serious Neumennon influences as this is where they got their start, and also an incredible distrust of Barnumites, as they despise the laxness they encourage and the primer they bring with them, and are constantly on look out for the influence of the primer from the Plague Vaults. They probably also have a significant 49er population, heading down into the Vaults to find their fortune.

Wallers dig their cities into the sides of glaciers, and try to find the burried, frozen ruins that haven't been ground into dust. They were once based near Chicago, but the glacial movements have long since buried and ground that city into dust. They are the only culture to venture far onto the glaciers, seeking out he strange animals that now live atop the glaciers.

Burnlanders once were Ashlanders, but were driven out by the Plainsmen settlers over time. Now they live in the foot hills of the Burning Ranges, finding the pockets of life that can survive, and making weapons form volcanic glass and salvaging the few ruins that managed to survive. They have legends of the Lake Of Salt, a city on the hill where peace can be found at last.
>>
File: 1445721039455.jpg (122 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1445721039455.jpg
122 KB, 600x800
>>44289118
No, that's Scale Armor, and objectively the worst type of armor using metal. One upward thrust or missile shot and it's defeated. Pic related is lamellar.

But both maille and lamellar would be easy to make, you just need the ability to forge small pieces of metal or wire, and mash a bolt/pin through them with some welding. Maille may take a while, but if your cult/clan has an autistic kid, just sit him or her down with the smith and you'll get a hauberk a month.
>>
>>44289342
>>44289314
I wish I knew more about india so that I could actually start world building here too. The area would probably extend at least into southern china, and into the indonesian islands...

at least one form of sepsis should be a virulant coral strain that makes semi-safe land bridges between islands, because when it gets out of the water, it dies and stops producing spores... but never -ever- fall in the water.
>>
>>44289354
I really dislike the Hybrispaniards. It feels like they have the biggest victim complex ever after their attack on Africa. Like "oh no you can't fight back that's not cool"
>>
>>44289277
>Yucatan. Weird mix of heavy christian and mesoamerican influences here for their culture, which is already how it is in many rural regions.
This works and really compliments both of the cults that occupy the area. The patriarcas use christian dogma to enforce their right to rule while the more chaotic plantadores use old world myths to put the fear in the hearts of their enemies. Nothing really changes with the landscape except maybe more foliage that the patricians try to push back as they expand but the planters more or less love because it gives them cover to hide their operations
>>
>>44289414
I think that's why I like them so much. It amuses me that Hybrispania's entire culture is based around "fuck you".
>>
>>44289448
And remember, they aren't happy families at all, but they're not completely overt enemies either, they work together against outsiders basically.
>>
>>44289499
I see your point, but I like the Balkhans more for the same reason.

I love that story in Primal Punk about the top-shit Neolibyan wannabe-crusader going into Balkhan to fuck shit up, and this Balkhan warlord moves in to help him, but actually leads him to an ambush area and blows up the entire Scourger/Surge Tank army with himself in it in an ultimate THE BALKHAN WILL NOT BE TAKEN.
>>
>>44289570
Balkhans are my second favorite culture, actually. :3
>>
My friends peer pressured me into gming a game so I have a question. What is the optimal number of members of a party? We currently have me and 3 players.
>>
>>44289608
3 is a solid number, but like most games, 4-5 is usually optimal.
>>
>>44289608
3 is minimum decent. 5 is optimal. 7+ is when things get too damn big.
>>
Scrapper Rank2 Badger, says it comes with equipment "Rifle"

is that the Hunting Rifle or the Snipers Rifle?
thinking the former and not the latter.
>>
>>44289026
>Have efforts been made to contain the psychovore belt?

Kind of? It's just difficult because Pschovore is actually reactive, unlike spores. It grows slowly, but is very hard to kill.
>>
>>44289687
Hunting rifle, for sure.
>>
>>44289692
This. It's the whole reason that breaching the spore wall is considered suicide.

For some reason Justicians and Spitalians are still trying, though.
>>
>>44289214
Frankan. They fight a war that actually matters and that no one else except maybe Spitalians seems to care about.
>>
>>44289692
Plus the Africans don't seem to give much of a shit about it
They've had to swallow their pride recently, and invite the Spitalians across to try and study it for a weakness
>>
Why haven't the spitalians all pooled their resources and just, gone right after one crater at a time? Burning them out? It seems like they're doomed to failure if they don't prioritize one chakra at a time and just obliterate them?
>>
>>44289742
Clearing a path to Asia is actually pretty crucial. There are still humans there, and if they have societies set up then trade with them would lessen Europe's dependence on Africa.
>>
>>44289742
Not sure what the Justicians are up to, but the Spitalians are probably trying to carve a new Silk Road to the east, see if Asia fared better from the cataclysm. Certainly if the focus of the impact was Europe and the Atlantic Asia could be in a much better state
>>
>>44289608
Reluctant GMs are bad GMs. You have to want it.

You will need enough players to not make it awkward and too intimate, and few enough to keep busy and engaged. It depends on the players, how complex the game is, and your skill.

I have hosted countless rounds, successful con games, pickup beer&pretzel RPGs, and a years standing group. My rule of thumb is 4 or 5 players. I will make concessions to social circumstances, and I like having guests.
>>
>>44289277
>Carib
called the Carib due to the raiders/ refugees who would eventually settle the area. The confederacy of caribbean islands that founded the state create a sort of danelaw that stabilizes the region. The oil rig captains that already largely dominated the region are brought into the fold due their expertise in oil extraction rather than being killed off, forming a new middle elite comprised of educated riggers who produce the larger sum of carib wealth. The Ahabs who once dedicated resources to stopping the raids are slowly being let back into the fold due to increase primer activity within the gulf.

topographically the region has most of its civilization near to the sea with everything in the north being largely regulated to farmland and watchtowers from the time of the invasion
>>
>>44289791
Feels like they're too busy keeping everyone healthy, stopping the Burn smuggling, hunting Psychonauts and collecting tithes.

Kind of like a Catch 22 thing.
>>
>>44289791
Because Sepsis spreads everywhere, and can always come back. Plus Spitalians aren't just about spore killing. They have to make sure food, water, and people aren't contaminated as well as take care of the horde of sick people hanging just outside the Spital.
>>
>>44289859
Seems like humanity is doomed then unless various organizations put aside their differences.

I'm honestly surprised the Maurauders and Sleepers (the original 100s and 200s still around) aren't trying to direct the Palers towards protecting what is rightfully theirs. "Exhaust the surfacers against the primer, then claim the world for ourselves after."

Human stupidity I guess.

>>44289846
Where do the Loa fit do you think?
>>
okay...am I misreading this?
.357 rounds cost 20 a piece?
so to carry around 2 mags of 4 rounds each costs 160 draft?

...shit that blows...
>>
>>44289847
>>44289859
These have it covered really
The Spitalians are barely able to keep on top of conventional diseases like typhus and cholera, going on a mass crusade against Sepsis just isn't something they're strong enough to do
I don't think any faction or group is strong enough to storm the craters right now, even the Scourgers would be fighting uphill the entire way, if they gave a shit in the first place
>>
>>44289953
guns are fucking EXPENSIVE man.
>>
>>44289791
Because the sepsis is reactive and the entire continent is under threat. Any time one surefire solution comes to bear and they use it, the sepsis and spore fields have already started developing resistances. I'd rather small attacks where they can and be able to prioritize the people rather than blow their load on a few big operations only for the sepsis to realize this threat is a big threat NOW and then push back with all its might. There's a reason Franka's almost completely overrun by pheromancers.
>>
>>44289953
You have to consider this is a world in scarcity. Cheap munitions are going to be immediately sold off to the big guns while the common man has to scrabble around for the leftovers while also considering that metal's about the only reliable thing they have that sepsis won't be able to counteract, and even then biokinetics have evolved armor so even that's flimsy.
>>
>>44289509
gotcha, subtle power plays but no outright aggression

>>44289277
So Texas is basically warhammers border princes with oil barons, I like it

the landscape is dotted with vibrant forests and fertile farmland but the constant fighting between the Barons has left much of the land scarred which only leads to more fighting for dwindling resources.

> River-Folk
Sounds good

who would you say have more power, the people furthest upstream or those downstream and therefore closer to the gulf
>Plainsmen
Yep.
>>
File: Indiana Jones revolver.gif (496 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
Indiana Jones revolver.gif
496 KB, 500x203
>>44289953
Here's what you do:
>Is it a threat?
>Has it spotted me?
>Can I avoid it?
>Can I intimidate it?
>Can I talk to it?
>Can I get close enough to use my blade?
>Oh, fuck it. Pic related.
>>
>>44290051

>Why does my bullet not stop it?
>How can it be faster than me?
>Wow, why didn't it look that big from far away?
>OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT!
>>
>>44290033
Not to mention, digging uncovers primer deposits, and primer plagues sweep the region.

We need to come up with a proper theme for the sepsis in this setting, right now we have the plagues on land from the ash, the sea monsters, and the plague vaults with both, but it's not got anywhere near as unifed as theme as europe does... is that good or bad?

As for who has most power? It's all concentrated in Baton Rouge for several reasons.

1) Baton Rouge is perfectly positioned so that the wandering of the Mississippi is never to far from it (the Mississippi now runs through the Atchafalya basin, and New Orleans is a grave yard).

2) The Acajians (pronounced Ah-cah-jee-ans) are based in southern Louisiana, which was almost entirely protected from tidal activity, and thus had the largest number of ships and such.

3) As the seas pulled away, they dried up many of the marsh lands there, leaving -incredibly- fertile ground that had only been lightly covered by ash, turning that region of the world into the bread basket for the entire mississippi river area, rice is now the primary food stuff due to the fact that wheat was almost entirely wiped out, and Maize is held as a close monopoly by the Yucans.
>>
>>44289920
>Where do the Loa fit do you think?

Caribs are a Culture while Loa are a religious Cult inside that Culture, similar to Purgare and the Anabaptists or Hybrispania and the Jehammedans. Vodouists have political influence among the captains and Vodouist priests are revered in the villages.

Although what twist can we put on the Loa faith so we don't just rip it off wholesale?
>>
>>44290140
I'd imagine the Loa also have ties back to the grave city of New Orleans somehow, and ties all along the gulf coast, brought by the Captains of the Ahabs and the Riggers.

Idea. Ahabs and Couriers -really- hate one another.

Ahabs burn out entire settlements when Primer Plague visits it... Couriers try to study and cure the latest form of it.
>>
>>44289920
well the loa are a religious cult so I imagine they either came along full force with the Caribbeans or were already present in the region but were brought to the forefront by the carib invaders who have a cultural affinity or because they helped pacify the region for the caribs
>>
>>44290103
That's why you need someone to backstab shit while you're talking.
>>
>>44290134
>but it's not got anywhere near as unified as theme as europe does..
we could sort of tie it together with a four elements theme
>earth
primer deposits

>Fire
......I came up with a blank except maybe pine cones which require fires to grow, I don't know how to branch off from this though

>wind
Plague storms that deposit primer infested ash, most prevalent the further west you go

>Water
super mega kaiju GO!
>>
>>44290452
>......I came up with a blank except maybe pine cones which require fires to grow, I don't know how to branch off from this though
What about something born from the meteor strike to the panama? Primer inside of thick glass like crystaline shards? Harvested for use as an alloy by the Mexicans due to how much harder or stronger it makes metals once alloyed? But is very dangerous if not 'purified' leading to mining operations being horrible.

It's suspected there's deposits of it in the Burning Ranges, and the Burnlanders have been experimenting with the few deposits they've found?
>>
>>44290452
>I don't know how to branch off from this though
Fractal forests. Where in Europe they're analogous to the tree of knowledge, sending people raving, getting cuaght in fractal pollen is like the tree of Life. The victims' aging processes cease. Infections leave the body. They become purified, beautiful. But as time goes on, they're slowly paralyzed, petrified and eventually fade to dust, spreading more material for a new fractal forest to grow and take place.
>>
>>44290452
oh I got an idea.

Fire in the South
Earth in the West
Wind in the North, with the poluted ash having settled and mixed in well with the snow and ice, blizzards blowing down from the north can sometimes be horribly tainted if shelter isn't taken? The primer sleeps in the snow, but awakens once it melts following the blizzards? Refueling primer deposits if you're lucky, or starting up new primer plagues if you're not.

To the east is the great toxic atlantic, with it's leviathan. The gulf is RELATIVELY protected from the depredations of these things.
>>
>>44287332
This entire setting is fetish fuel if you liked fucked up things.
>>
>>44291082
>no futa
Sadly, no.
>>
the entry on page 157 is weird, knives cost 40 right, or are they 1?

>>44290033
>the landscape is dotted with vibrant forests and fertile farmland
don't forget the weasatch fields and Measquite thickets...thorns up to 5 or 6 centimeters long on the bigger plants...but in makes a pleasant taste in smoked and grilled meat...

>>44290051
so a man going out with 8 rounds for a personal defense weapon is a bit much?
>>
>>44291141
That's not fucked up, it's just gay.
>>
>>44291170
The region is known for being a good deal drier than the river and marsh filled Ashlands and Riverlands, where new springs and ice melt from the glaciers has filled the region, and canals are regularly dug and maintained in a vein effort to keep some places unflooded. I imagine most of the american towns and cities are burried, under a combination of ice, ash, and soil deposits from the rivers moving around the area.
>>
>>44291141
Biokinetics man, Biokinetics
>>
>>44291170
>so a man going out with 8 rounds for a personal defense weapon is a bit much?
depends. If you're a neo Libyan or a Scourger in Europe? Bring the heat.

Otherwise yeah.
>>
>>44291258
Am I missing something? Wouldn't pheromancers be more futa? Or at least the male ones (if there are any)
>>
>>44291309
building a borcan scrapper

yes, I'm carrying a bear trap for backup...
>>
>>44291327
Futa is chicks with dicks mate, Biokinetics can do far weirder shit than that to their bodies
Pheromancers are for non-con/dub-con fetishists
>>
>>44291327
Why would they be? They can't transform their bodies at all.

>>44291353
call it 5 bullets then, and make sure you're grabbing a gun with the most common form of ammunition gauge, so you can load up in the ruins.

As a scrapper, you're mostly gonna be in really close. You might be better off trying to make a blunder bust and just load it with sharp crap you pick up.

Scrappers generally get in close and personal in ruins, not a lot of room to maneuver or aim, so you'll be at somebody's throat fast.
>>
>>44291409
....well SHIT
thee goes my build concept...

switching to a tougher build
>>
>>44291451
You could always be the type of scrapper who organizes stuff and acts as look out for the team, standing outside of the ruins and picking off incoming raiders... but that's still gonna need something you can get more ammo for as a rule... only neo-libyans and scourgers generally have the hard cash to actually have lots of dakka to my understanding...
>>
>>44289687
The forums says your choice of the hunting rifle or the shotgun, but fuck if I can into german and confirm from the german errata.
http://www.degenesis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=790&sid=fdacf450c3e042642124ace540f5f170#p10541
>>
>>44291170
>the entry on page 157 is weird, knives cost 40 right, or are they 1?
The fucked up the chart there and on stilettos, all the data got shifted one column to the right from Encumbrance. It has 1 slot and costs 40 CD.
>>
>>44291451
>switching to a tougher build
If you intend to primarily operate alone, yes, dump into being tough and grow from there. You're a survivor first, a scavenger/craftsman/thug/etc. second.
>>
File: 238_klein.jpg (275 KB, 468x700) Image search: [Google]
238_klein.jpg
275 KB, 468x700
>>
File: IMG_4444_goto01.jpg (401 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4444_goto01.jpg
401 KB, 700x465
>>
>>44291822
>that printer
DOSHDOSHDOSH
>>
File: DSCF0080_Raid_klein.jpg (258 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0080_Raid_klein.jpg
258 KB, 640x360
Chronicler is a nice costume to LARP with. Must be hell to wear though. I'd love to hear his voice synthesizer. I'd go vocoder with a throat mic if I had any moneys.
>>
What is the worst cult and why are they the Clanners?
>>
>>44292311
>clanners
>arguably the most customizable cult
>worse
I think you mean jehemedians
>>
>>44292311
>Clanners
>a cult

Clanners are as much a cult as black is a color.
>>
>>44292311
>not incestual, serial buttfucking Jehemedians
>>
>>44292490
>>44292363
At least they aren't jew 2: african boogaloo neolibyans.
>>
>>44292559
>>44292490
>>44292379
>>44292363
>>44292311
Guys, guys, guys.

You got it all wrong.

Worst cult is Palers, obviously. Objectively so. They don't even think about making allies with anybody else, they just want to enslave everyone else, and they ignore any chance at actually bettering themselves at all or using their considerable tech advantage to help out, for example, the Spitillians.
>>
>>44292669
Palers? What is this strange term you bring to me? Palers don't exist in Degenesis, stop talking nonsense.
>>
>>44292724
Ashen then? I forget the name, the stupid underground folk.

Or are we referencing how they're actually boogiemen used to scare the other cults?
>>
>>44292751
I agree, they're worst cult and I was pretending they don't exist. Our GM actually banned them as a PC cult and we haven't even played yet.
>>
Just figured out (based on the main websites map, showing that there is a LARGE land bridge connecting spain and Africa), that the seas must have dropped -at least- 600 meters.
>>
>>44292803
>GM banned one cult
>GM allows all other cults
Enjoy your fubar
>>
>>44292844
TECTONICS HAVE SHIFTED

When will people stop this silly "well I see one detail and so I know _" shit?
>>
>>44292883
Oh goddamn you're right. I forgot entirely that the fucking african plate is right there at the edge.

Well it's still gotta be at least 250... because english channel and all, there's no plate tectonics to fuck with shit there.
>>
>>44292844
Also, at least some of that land bridge was created by the Spaniards, in what can only be described as one of the longest run ups to a dick slapping humanity has ever seen
>>
>>44292988
Did they literally just dump rocks and sand and dirt into the straight and then keep doing it until you could see it from ORBIT? I mean this isn't a SMALL land bridge, this is about as wide as the entire straight.
>>
>>44292955
Actually for the english channel to end up like that is only a 40-60m drop in sea level,
>>
>>44293074
truly? I'd have thought it'd need to be the deepest area as well?
>>
>>44292854
>Wanting to play as checkmate, atheists: the cult
>>
>>44293245
Missing the point much?
>>
>>44293177
Comparing the degenesis map and this http://i.imgur.com/S9WIK.jpg map, the coastline seems to match up mostly to the 7000BC coast.

And according to this graph, https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png the sea level 9000 years ago was ~50m below what it is today.
>>
Presently working on a Google doc for the Ahabs. It's going... slowly. But it's going. Will post the link when I have an appreciable amount.
>>
>>44292844
The Mediterranean is dying. Soon all that will be left are a few salty lakes in the midst of an overlarge desert.
>>
>>44293054
Pretty much, as mentioned, sea levels dropping helped. Made it wide enough to blitz truck across and steal Africa's oil. ofc that meant that Africa could retaliate along the same route.
>>
>>44294961
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uyxJrsz9Wv6u0BIfRHkQyKzxcycmy4LosUJA3TXiaFo/edit?usp=sharing

Here's what I've got so far. It's probably shit, but it's got a bit of short fiction, some early history.

Comments are enabled.
>>
>>44295946
Seems pretty good.
Would the smaller guns use something like cannon balls, easy to and cheap to make, then the big ones would be the precious few pre-eshaton shells they've found?
I'd imagine the creation of new high quality shells would be a slow process, so they'd try and conserve them as much as possible.
>>
>>44295946
Looks good so far. I can get a Planeswalkers writeup going if you want, although I think it might be best for a seperate thread.
>>
File: volley gun.jpg (17 KB, 662x255) Image search: [Google]
volley gun.jpg
17 KB, 662x255
>>44296176
I was envisioning them as something like a volley gun, like the one pictured here. As for the larger guns, it's whatever the Ahabs have on-hand. Actual blackpowder cannon, homemade naval guns that use what few Bygone shells remain, etc.

>>44296219
Sounds good! And yes, a separate thread is probably a good idea at this point.
>>
>>44292363
>>44292490
What's wrong with jehemedians?
>>
>>44296839
Literally everything, basically. If you're an Abrami, chances are that your Saraeli is your sister-aunt-cousin.

tl;dr: They're goat-worshippers whose main children aren't allowed to marry until they've killed some heathens for about 15ish years and their "blessed children" the Isaaki are probably the most inbred people in Europe next to the Palers.

And keep in mind, the Issaki end up as the people who serve the rough function of priests. Would YOU want someone whose parents were related telling you about the will of Jehammed?
>>
>>44284903
When I heard /tg/ was homebrewing some cultures and cults for North America, I had high hopes that we'd finally get an actually interesting Southern faction that isn't "hurr rednecks" or "hurr slavery."

Is there any chance of that AT ALL, or is the Southeast just totally out of the game?
>>
>>44297025
>Is there any chance of that AT ALL
I wouldn't say that any of the cultures or cults so far are "hurr-durr slavery/rednecks."

If you have any ideas on how to further separate them from that, please, feel free to contribute.
>>
>>44296369
I'd say that the Caribs and Yucans still have the manufacturing capacity for shells. The Yucans use them primarily to defend their coast from invaders and monsters, not risking them in the Tex conflict since production is so low.
>>
>>44297120
I'd say that sounds about right.
>>
>>44297025
Right now Florida is controlled by Ahabs who fight crazy primer monsters, and the Caribs who repopulated it and raided it after the tidal waves washed over most of it.

The rest of the south is controlled primarily by the old petrol barons, plantation families, and shipping magnates out of Baton Rouge (once New Orleans, but it's called the Big Uneasy for a reason). Riverboat culture is the big deal for the US, with most civilization being based around the mississippi watershed.
>>
>>44297068
Oh, I wasn't accusing the proposed cults and cultures of being that - I apologize if I seemed to be doing so. I like what I see so far. I was just asking if it was possible that a Southern-based aspect would show up, since there's a fair bit of potential there.
>>
>>44297176
Let me link the current culture run downs: >>44289277
>>44289357
Cultural divides are based on this map: >>44280491
>>
>>44297176
It's fine! I completely misinterpreted you. I have no excuse other than that it's been a long day.

As >>44297155 pointed out, most civilization is based around the Mississippi, so riverboats are back in style.

But again, if you have any suggestions please feel free to add them. A lot of this stuff needs to be fleshed out more anyway!
>>
>>44297155
Wouldn't the riggers be less petrol barons and more the descendants of the people who were actually working on the rigs. More trader-engineers than oil barons.
I suppose now they wouldn't really produce much more than oil, and get the rest of the stuff they need from their trade network across the gulf.
And also being the main source of oil would mean no one would want to piss them off in fear of being embargoed. And you can't do much when all your non-sailing boats are sitting there empty. And no one will let you into the towns around their Rigs to trade for other stuff.
>>
>>44297176
closest we have to 'hurrdurr' rednecks is the appilachian based neumennon's... and that's actually due to what they're based on... which is actual luddite communities that could have survived what was to happen due to their distance from Yellow stone, sheltered from the tidal waves, and their ability to survive without modern technology, not to mention their religious influences.
>>
>>44297246
I was more reffering to the Acajians. There's a lot of frakking and petrol mining around here these days without ever going off shore.

Primarily that's natural gas though, not oil, so they'd not be anywhere near as influential as the Riggers would be at this point.
>>
>>44297246
That's about the vibe I got as well. I'd figure they're more like the mechanical bits of Scrappers who also happen to sell oil now.

>>44297262
Don't forget coal. It keeps the lights on.

Or, you know. Steam engines running, if you've got those.
>>
>>44297269
That's Appalachia more than southern Louisiana.
>>
>>44297336
So it is. I meant to mention Appalachia somewhere in that post, but it slipped my mind.

That's probably a sign I should give it up for the night. I'll see about updating the Ahab doc more tomorrow.

>Captcha: select all boats.

By the deep...
>>
>>44297349
Can you expand your document to include more than just the Ahabs? It's a good basis, and using headers it can be organized with a table of contents.
>>
>>44297379
That's... actually a very good idea.

Renamed it, changed editing permissions. Anyone with the link can edit it now.
>>
>>44297269

I'm trying to come with a simple history for the riggers, and how they ended up being the traders they are.

>Eshaton happens, tsunamis destroy/severely damage some oil rigs.
>Survivors on damaged platforms try and sail to the intact ones.
>Some oil rigs send expeditions back to the coast to see if anyone has survived.
>See how shitty it is with ash and primer.
>Bring back any people they find to the rigs relative safety.
>Because of common experiences and situations contact between rigs increases as they trade between each other.
>Sea level fall causes increased contact with land based groups who trade with the riggers, as they now call themselves, for oil.
>It also causes very stratified shanty towns to grow around rigs, as the higher up you are the longer your family has been living there, as well as being safer from leviathans.
>The rise of primer plagues causes them to disallow outsiders from setting foot on the rigs proper.
>Supplies of oil, and safe ports throughout the gulf, even some on land where the sea has dropped far enough to make inland rigs, allows them to quickly and 'safely' transport goods throughout the gulf, making them the rulers of trade.
>creation of their own oil backed currency which quickly becomes common use along the coast and islands only helps cement their position.
>also mechanical knowledge because they're descended from engineers, and the rigs have plenty of instruction manuals for how they work to read.

That became a lot less simple now I've done it. Feel free to comment and stuff.
>>
Updated the Degenesis google doc.
>>
>>44289065

guys any idea about this?
>>
>>44297826
it's behind the psychovore belt and the sporewall... who knows.
>>
>>44297870
thanks, so it's part of the "turks are liv in the jungle somehow" thing.
>>
>>44297879
If they've survived at all. For all we know they're all homos degeneris now.
>>
>>44297894
yeah i guess istanbul is gone as it's in one of the colored zones, but there's this bit about the rest of the region.

>But not all inhabitants have fled. According to legend, the children of the Turks hide amidst the strange, highly dangerous plant front. They survive in hermetically sealed enclaves. When they leave them, they wear protective suits made from bulbous plastic that shimmer. The plants wince at them and draw back their thorns. The Neolibyans would spend a fortune for this contact poison. However, the Turks evade them like all strangers. One course of the sun ago, the African Tomi moored in the ruined city of Kalkan’s overgrown port. Aboard the tanker were Neolibyans and Spitalians. In Hygienist suits, the latter entered the Psychovores, took samples, buried cartridges and wired them. The experiment will begin soon.
>>
>>44288027
DC is pretty far south at the worst parts of the last Ice Age in real life the glaciers only reached to about where Pennsylvania is and didn't even cover most of that.
>>
>>44289111
I like this, that said I'd say there's at least one Aircraft carrier, stuck in drydock. Actings as something of a permanenet hub for everybody to stop at and also a way to get traders into a neutral territory where they can offload supplies and whatnot in something like a safe zone. Remember modern carriers are fucking huge and are powered by nuclear reactors after all. its likely the reactor is still cooking along but most of the systems at this point are burnt out/unable to be replaced so it just sits there.
>>
>>44298781

Would be gruesome if they used the reactor as a punishment cell -- feeding people to the Wrektorr and all that.
>>
>>44299167
One quick exposure to Wrektorr, then you get locked in a gibbet on the road while the poison takes its course?
That would be horrifying, watching criminals rot from the inside out
>>
How can one artist be so based?
>>
>>44299774
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>44299869
I mean, he literally made 90% art for the book, shot live-action trailiers, and did the editing and overall design. And all of it was stellar.
>>
File: 1449245328810.png (1 MB, 1488x2105) Image search: [Google]
1449245328810.png
1 MB, 1488x2105
>>44299893
That's passion for you. You can tell when someone is really into something by just how much work they put into it.

Hell it was because of pic related that I looked into this further and saw an entire gold mine of stellar art and crazy stories.
>>
>>44299893
>>44299893
He was also one of the 3 guys who basically wrote everything. This world is his magnum opus.

He can be a dick though, some of his reactions to critique are really horrible.
>>
>>44300115
I dunno man, I've spoken a bit with him, he seems like he can be a cool guy about critique. At least that's my impression of him.
>>
So this thread has spawned some pretty cool ideas. I liked the Ahabians. What still needs to be done with them?
>>
>>44300461
>>44300115

i think people with his talent and passion for their work, they get very protective, so if they feel you're appreciating their work they're open to your criticism, but if they think you're being a cunt, you know like a professional critic who never actually created anything, they'll be very defensive and mean. i can understand why.
>>
>>44300561
Oh, I not only understand that kind of thought, but can somewhat relate to it. I'm just glad to see people who are so passionate about their work.
>>
>>44300505
I need to finish up their history, get some bits of their practices and beliefs and organization and shit done.

As always, I am open to suggestions. Or ideas I can steal (like the one regarding the "Wrekk-tor" above; that's perfect, and I was thinking the Ahab's main base would be a run-down aircraft carrier.)
>>
>>44280474
Anyone actually play this? Looks cool, but the system looks like the Vampire/Storyteller system which is terrible.
>>
I thought the red hot chili peppers logo refers to the red spiders the spitalians use
>>
>>44291822
Holy shit so there is a LARP for this, I honestly was thinking of how much fun itd be to do such a thing,
>>
>Wanting to attend my next con as a Spitalian surgeon
>Start looking for custom made neoprene suits
>expensive as fuck, but when is good cosplay not expensive?
>Every custom website I find has preset design styles and color choices, none of which match the aesthetic of Spital.

Why must life be suffering?
>>
>>44302937
It's Neoprene. You just glue it together. Make your own.
>>
>>44302975
Nope. You have to sew neoprene, at least when it comes to clothing, and it's difficult as hell to do.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.