[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ceaseless Tides Quest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3
File: op1.png (968 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
op1.png
968 KB, 1920x1080
>Previous Thread
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44232331/

>(Twitter)
https://twitter.com/QM_Auri

~
You lean slightly toward Meiya. “You’re nervous.”

“No I’m not.” She shoots back hotly.

“So you weren’t practicing your chops?” You point to her arm stiffly waving in the air.

With an angry blush, she quickly tries to adjust how she waves, but her fingers are still too rigid.

The throngs of cheering people from all over the planet deafen your small procession. Thankfully you can take ease in knowing that their not focusing on you at all.

“You’re playing The Innocent, no one will mind if you make a mistake.” You look toward the endless crowds lining the procession route. “But someone will absolutely notice if you make one.”

She’s careful to only shoot daggers at you with her eyes. “And you’re here to help me make sure that doesn’t happen, so stop playing around. This is serious.” Meiya’s smile focuses on a young group of enthusiastic children. “Wait.” Her eyes widen. “Are we even supposed to be talking right now?”

[1/2]
>>
>>44270563

You look up and recall all the etiquette you know for this event. “There’s nothing that says we can’t.”

“Even if that’s true…” Her voice clearly showing that she doesn’t recall all the minor customs. “We should still show our respect.”

“Stuffy tension isn’t the one of the ideals they show us.” You wave nonchalantly to the crowd. “Except for maybe The Sovereign, of course.” You turn back to Meiya to see her face starting to sour slightly. “Ready for your speech?” You ask, changing the subject.

Meiya lets out an anxious groan. “It’s so short, I still don’t know why they picked me this year.” She actually turns to you. “You’ll be right there, right?”

“Probably.” You begin to grin, but quickly stop to keep her brow from furrowing anymore. “Of course I will. Let them try and stop me, not like I’ll be around for any punishments.”

Your sister is silent for moment. “Just when are you leaving exactly?”

>Evade, change the subject.

>Tell her you don't know yet.

>Tell her the truth.

>Write in.
>>
>>44270595
>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>44270595
>>Tell her the truth.
>>
Hello and welcome back to the second run!

>>44270639
>>44270672
Well, actually....

>Writing
>>
>>44270595
>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>44270563
Huh; a quest on its second installment.

You wouldn't throw out a quick summary of the setting and what went on last time, would you?
>>
>>44270896
there's a link to the first thread in the OP. It wouldn't take long to read it yourself.
>>
>>44270595
>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>44270896
>>44270929
This would be the best option, in my opinion. I'm a large fan of show don't tell, but if you have any questions about clarifying what you read, feel free to ask.
>>
>>44270977
>I'm a large fan of show don't tell, but if you have any questions about clarifying what you read, feel free to ask.
We're probably never going to see our sister again, are we?
>>
>>44271002
It is only the beginning. You never know what might take place in the future.
>>
>>44270799

The way she asked, she probably already has her suspicions, and with how little time there is before you leave you’d rather not be spending it holding up a lie.

“Tomorrow morning.” You answer, entirely too quiet to be heard.

Meiya isn’t even trying to look at the crowd anymore. “I didn’t hear you…”

“I’m heading out tomorrow morning. That’s when the ship is leaving, so I guess I was the last one they tested here.” You nod your head toward the crowd to remind her where she is. “But that doesn’t mean-“

Her eyes turn ice cold before she turns away from you. She’s not just playing around now, she’s pissed.

Shit. You sigh under your breath. The truth was going to come out eventually, right? And it’s not as if you were the one who chose to leave tomorrow, hell, you nearly had forgotten about it with how excited you were about passing. But she’s still plainly furious, to you at least, and at you.

The procession finally reaches its destination. The shore of the Central Peugue River is dotted with several boats which will lead the Innocent from the sight of her speech to the opposite fertile shore as it has been for countless rotations.

The boatmen are already there, ready to guard The Innocent on her final journey. Several familiar faces nod to you as you approach. The ones you worked the fishing boats with, plenty pleased to see you, the ones you worked with when you played one of The Crest Riders, much less so.

You offer your hand to help Meiya upon the central boat, you get the feeling that she wouldn’t be willing to accept if it weren’t tradition. You get on after her, and are promptly searched by a guard for weapons as the Viceroy is there to greet the both of you.

[1/2]
>>
>>44271725

“Ahh, Oren Fisher. So glad to see you again.” With a firm handshake and cordial smile the domineering man pulls you uncomfortably closer. “I heard about your acceptance to Saredo, so congratulations on that as well.”

Wow, that news traveled fast.

“Thank you, Viceroy.” You try to distance yourself slightly.

“These two apples have fallen far from the tree.” He still holds onto your hand. “Now if only Vance would show as much drive as you.” He shakes his head. “He failed his examination, even when I paid for all those expert tutors and trainers.”

Your gaze hardens instinctually. To say you don’t like Vance, wouldn’t do the feeling justice. You fucking loathe the spoiled prick. Even with the wildly differing circumstances the two of you live in, somehow it felt like he was always nearby.

“Could you do me a favor, Oren?” The Viceroy quickly says, realizing that the speech will begin soon. “Could you give the boy a piece of advice before you leave? You know, to set him on the right path.”

You do your best not to laugh in his face. If only he knew about the numerous fist fights you, Vance, and his sycophantic friends have gotten in. If anything, you'd just want to stop by to rub your passing in his face.

>"I'll have a word with him."

>"I'm afraid I might be too busy."

>Write in.
>>
>>44271827
>"I'm afraid I might be too busy."
>>
>>44271827
I don't think he would listen to anything I have to say
>>
>>44271827
"Vance has made it abundantly clear he doesn't like me, Sir. It would likely only make thing worse."
>>
>>44271827
>>"I'm afraid I might be too busy."
I'm so sorry but I'm very busy with me leaving so soon.
>>
>>44271827
>"I'll have a word with him."
By word we mean relentless mockery.
>>
>>44271827
>"I'm afraid that might compromise my situation."
>>
>>44271856
>>44271938
Just not enough of time for a chat.

>Writing
>>
>>44272030

“I’m sorry, Viceroy.” You finally manage to pull away from him. “But the ship leaving to Saredo leaves early tomorrow and I’m very busy because of it.”

The Viceroy nods his head slowly in acceptance. “I’m sorry to hear that.” He steps back. “I’m no stranger to terrible schedules.” He looks toward Meiya. “Maybe your sister will be able to help him.”

You open your mouth to object, but are cut off by the steady beating of the large drums. They reverberate throughout the crowd, quickly silencing them, and resonate within your own body, masking your own heartbeat. You curse under your breath and take your place next to Meiya.

The drums finish their short performance, and absolute silence dominates as Meiya steps forward.

The eyes’ of the world all fall upon her as she reaches the end of the deck. Waves of quiet admiration arise for the carefully dressed avatar of youth. Damn right they better be impressed. It may not be nearly the most ornate dress ever worn by an Innocent, but hell if it still didn’t cost and arm and a leg. But with its simple design, and her naïve youthful appearance, it invokes far more than any amount of money can buy.

[1/2]
>>
>>44272936

Her entire body vibrates with anxiety, so she takes a deep breath and begins. “My fellow citizens of Peugue.” Meiya jumps at the sound of her voice traveling for miles through hidden speakers, but clenches her hands and continues. “Another rotation begins and as per tradition we ask ourselves how much of The Distance we’ve overcome.” She pauses briefly. “This year, I ask you not to give just a passing thought, but to turn all of your focus to that question.” Her voice grows louder. “Are we, or for that matter, is any one of us closer to being overcoming that Sorrow? Please, earnestly consider that question with me now.”

Meiya bows her head, and before you do the same you watch of hundreds of thousands of people follow her lead. Several moments later Meiya’s voice rings out.

“We are not.” She announces sadly. “For as young as I may be, I still feel it within myself, and so many of you.”

The crowd murmurs quietly in discontent.

“But.” Meiya’s voice instantly silences them. “As with the fragile seeds I will plant on the other side of this river, growth takes time and much hard work. We must never cease to try…” Her voice begins to waiver slightly. “Because through the dedication of our own two hands we can accomplish so much.” She turns back to you. “I know this for a f-fact.” Her chest begins to heave rapidly and you see her already reddened eyes begin to let out tears.

“I-I..” She tries to continue, but she can’t calm herself down.

You step forward, but instantly stop yourself. You know for a fact this a speech that The innocent has to deliver by herself, but would it be too bad to just walk over to her?

>Stay where you are, encourage her to continue.

>Walk over to her.

>Write in.
>>
>>44272977
>>
>>44272977
>Walk over to her.
>>
>>44272977
>Walk over to her.
>>
>>44272977
A slight smile, and a nearly unoticable nod. She can do this on her own.
>>
Giving it a couple minutes before rolling to break the tie.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Rolling to decide.

1= Staying put.
2= Heading over.

>Writing the winner.
>>
>>44273261
This isn’t something to mess around with. Countless Innocents have given the speech by themselves on dozens of planets, and you’re not going to put any stigma on her for not respecting tradition.
You smile and nod for her to continue her speech. She needs to finish this on her own.

Suddenly realizing what she’s doing, she wipes her eyes and then turns back to the crowd. “I know this for a fact…So as The Mariner would proceed, so must we for this rotation. Young or old, rich or poor, we all have to work hard to overcome that Distance... Thank you.” She quickly walks away from the back deck to take her spot for the final part of her journey.”

Scattered applause arise from the crowd, as well as confused murmuring.

You sigh and head off the ship with the Viceroy. That wasn’t the real end to her speech.

~

The dark sky of the afternoon hangs over the river as the first heavy drum beat signaling the start of the final journey echoes over the water. All along the shore, in carefully organized unison, tall torches are lit, marking the border of journey.

Your Guardian ship and the Viceroy’s ship lurch forward and lead the four protecting ships follow in pairs. You easily maintain your balance on the rough current, signaling the way forward. Finally, Meiya’s ship leaves the shore. Solemn chanting sounds out from the shore, voices easily carrying all the way to where you are. She stands as regally as she can manage with her laden robes and the uncaring current underneath, her dried eyes focused on the opposite shore.

[1/2]
>>
>>44274045

The speed of her ship outpaces the six others flanking her, and soon she stands leading the group. You turn your head slightly as all those on Viceroy’s ship lightly toss seeds to the feet of Meiya. All except one.

You glare as Vance chucks handful of seeds entirely too hard directly at Meiya’s face. Her eyes sharpen slightly, but she largely manages to ignore it.

Finally the barrage ends as the ships near the opposite shore.

You hardly wait for your own to stop as you hop off to attend to your final duty. With long board tucked under your arm, you stop in front of Meiya’s idle boat, and carefully bridge the gap left between her and land.

She takes the first step, but suddenly you feel the board begin to slide off as Meiya’s ship begins to list. She barely manages to keep from falling, but situation isn’t getting any better.

You look back at the boat slowly drifting and instantly see that those on the boat forgot to drop anchor.

>Tell Meiya to stop, and yell for those idiots to drop the anchor.

>It’s too late now, hold the board as steady as you can.

>Write in.
>>
>>44274069
>>
>>44274069
>>
>>44274069
>>
>>44274112
>>44274127
>>44274155
What the hell is going on back there?

>Writing
>>
>>44274217

“Wait!” You hold up a hand to Meiya as you look back to see what’s the problem. You curse aloud as you see one of Vance’s idiot bootlickers in charge of Meiya’s boat.

Meiya falls on her rear as the board slides off the boat.

Goddamn disrespectful shitheads…

You look up at Meiya who’s utterly confused right now. “Jump.”

“What?” She rises unsteadily to her feet. “That’s not how it’s-“

“Just jump!” You shoot back with arms outstretched. “Who the hell cares how it’s supposed to happen so long as it happens?”

She looks down at the slowly increasing distance between her and the shore before looking back to you. “You better not drop me.

You nod confidently.

No guarantees.

She hikes up the hem of her robes before making a running jump off of the boat.

Your fear was that she wasn’t going to make it, but as you fall backwards to the ground trying to keep her robes clean, you realize the opposite occurred.

“Nice jump.” You groan sarcastically from the ground.

“Nice catch!” Meiya beams as she rises to her feet, stepping on your arm in the process. “Just have to finish this…” She marches unsteadily to soil just beyond the shore. She kneels down when she reaches it, digs deeply into the earth, before dropping off a single seed and covering it up gently.

You watch as the Viceroy suddenly remembers his duty as signals back to the shore with a torch.

[1/3]
>>
File: fes1.jpg (243 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
fes1.jpg
243 KB, 1000x1000
>>44275082

You wearily lie on the sand as brilliant fireworks explode into the sky above. Strange that no matter their color, when reflected in the water they all appear like blazing fires to you.

Meiya quietly settles on the ground next to you and looks up to the fireworks decorating the starlit sky. “I didn’t do so well, did I?”

You sigh. “Traditionally speaking…not at all.”

She winces at your frank words.

You fold your arms behind your head. “But out of all The Festivals of The Innocent I’ve been to, this one is my favorite.”

She holds a hand to her mouth as she laughs. “You’re an idiot.”

You think that might be the first time she’s ever called you that.

There’s a long period of silence spent simply watching the fireworks before Meiya speaks again. “Tomorrow morning then?”

“That’s right.” You respond casually.

Again, another heavy silence before she speaks. “Then we better head back to enjoy the festival.” She stands and brushes the sand off the back of her robes.

You yawn loudly. “You’re going to have to carry me.”

She laughs much more loudly this time. “Don’t worry. The tides will get you soon enough.”

~

[2/3]
>>
File: cec1.jpg (67 KB, 533x1000) Image search: [Google]
cec1.jpg
67 KB, 533x1000
>>44275114

You walk through the thin streets with the endless food and entertainment stands lining them. You noncommittally look through them all as you wait for Meiya to finish greeting all of the supposedly important people that came out to see her today. You’re scan the crowd looking for someone you know just as you feel a tap on your shoulder.

You turn to see what you were looking for, and at the same time not at all what you were looking for. “Ah-“

“Crap?” She giggles lightly. “That’s not a very nice way of greeting someone, Oren.”

As if she can blame you, with how the two of you ended it. You’re not really in the mood for this.

You shrug. “Something you want to talk about, Cecile?”

“Right to the point.” Her mouth tightens and she looks to a nearby food stall. “Think you can spare a few minutes?” She coyly looks back to you.

Doesn’t seem that she’s here to bring up old issues, but then what does she want?

>”Only if you’re paying.”

>”I don’t think so.”

>Write in.
>>
>>44275133
>"Sure, but I need to keep an eye on my sister."
Vance isn't done yet, not if he went that far.
>>
>>44275133
>>
>>44275133
>”I don’t think so.”
Remember last day with our sis
>>
>>44275133
>Last day I'm on planet, trying to spend it with Sis. Better be good.
>>
>>44275133
>"Only if you're paying."
>>
>>44275133
>>
>>44275174
>>44275185
>>44275217
>>44275234
>>44275289
Let's see where this is going.

>Writing
>>
>>44275174
Seconded.
>>
>>44275319

You lean back to see that your sister is still thoroughly busy with several dignitaries. You turn back to Cecile. “Only if you’re paying.”

She purses her lips before answering. “Guess I kinda owe you for all the meals you paid for.”

You absolutely don’t miss that.

You sit down in front of the stall and order a pricey meat set. “This is my last day here, so this better be good.”

She sits next to you. “Good, huh?” She opens her mouth to continue, but shakes away whatever thought she had. “You looked good with Meiya today.” She adjusts her bangs while keeping her eyes on you.

You check the time on your Assistant.

“You still have that old thing?” She laughs as she looks over the familiar object.

You furrow your brow at her, promptly stopping her.

“Sorry.” Her eyes look down at your legs. “It was just so nostalgic seeing it. Like it was when I saw you as a Crest Rider.” She looks back up bashfully. “I saw you, you know?”

“Yeah, you and the entire world did.” You thank the server and begin to dig into your food.

Even with you chewing, you can hear her grind her teeth.

“Listen…” She sighs heavily. “I know you have every right to be angry at me with all the horrible things I said at the end. But you have to understand that with how busy you were at the time, I felt like I was worthless for so long.”

[1/2]
>>
>>44276000

Not like it was your idea to get together in the first place. Wow, you were hungrier than you thought or the serving sizes are too small because you’re almost done.

“But I understand now why you had to keep putting me off.” She continues. “I didn’t even come close to passing the written exams, and I thought I was doing a lot of studying.”

And you’re done. She better get to the point already.

She does her best to finish. “So when I see how far you’ve come from all the terrible things you had to live with, your sister’s words really resonated with me.” She grabs your hand suddenly. “I don’t want to leave things as they are between us. I don’t want that kind of Distance…”

You lean back. “So what? You’re going to apologize or something?”

Her thumb traces the inside of your palm. “You could say that.” She whispers airily as she her head motions for secluded shrubbery away from the crowds.

You begin to laugh at first, until you see that she’s serious. Hmm, not like it’s really going to change anything, but she’s obviously willing.

>Laugh and walk away.

>Laugh, tell her she’s forgiven, and walk away.

>Accept.

>Write in.
>>
>>44276024
>Laugh, tell her she’s forgiven, and walk away
Sup Auri
>>
>>44276024
>Laugh, tell her she’s forgiven, and walk away with her.
It's our last fucking day, it's gonna be the fucking best.
>>
>>44276024
>Laugh, tell her she’s forgiven, and walk away.
I need to spend time with my sister.
>>
>>44276024
>>Laugh, tell her she’s forgiven, and walk away.
I hope you have a wonderful life, despite this wretched world.
>>
>>44276071
Hello there, anon!
>>44276073
>>44276081
>>44276089
No thanks, I'm good.

>Writing
>>
>>44276197

You can’t hold it anymore so you burst out laughing, garnering the stares of nearby patrons. “I listened to my sister’s speech too.” You slide your hand free and stand from your seat. “I forgive you, so have a nice life, Cecile.”

Whoa, you ate more than you thought.

“Wait.” She calls out.

You yawn loudly and try to get the food to settle in your stomach. “Can’t. Really busy.”

You wade through the crowd until you eventually reach where a throng of people stand chattering around your sister.

“It was really honest, I liked it so much.”

“Your robes look exactly like the one’s The Innocents wear in The Sovereign Capital.”

“I heard that one of them was going to attend the festival in The Sovereign Capital.”

“They say that every rotation, but negotiations haven’t progressed in forever.”

“Good, these festivals are for humans anyway.”

“But what if we could convert one of them?”

You push through the noisy crowd. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Excuse me, but the Viceroy has requested to speak with Meiya here.” You push through until you grab hold of your sister’s hand leading her out.

“What does the Viceroy want to speak about?” She asks as you’re finally free.

“Something, probably.” You look around to make sure he actually isn’t nearby.

She looks up at you skeptically. “Wait. So he didn’t actually call me?”

“Nope.” You respond.

“I see…” She flashes a devious smile. “If that’s the case then I say we head over to the game stands. I know how much you love those.”

“Those things are rigged for you to lose.” You shoot back defensively.

“Sure thing, Ren.” She grabs your arm within her own. “But first let’s get something to eat.”

Oh, no.

~
>>
>>44276940

“I said I wasn’t hungry.” You groan as you can hardly move to pay the attendant.

“Too bad. That was our last dinner together and it was good.” She smirks, uncaring of your potential gastric distress.

“Don’t blame me if hurl on your robes.” You quickly move your hand to your mouth as if you were going to do just that.

She shrieks and jumps back. “You’d have to buy me a new one!”

“Sure thing, I’ll just pull out the funds from one of my many accounts…” You poke at the face of your Assistant.

“Oh come on already.” Meiya impatiently pulls you to your feet. “I want to watch screw up at the game stalls.”

You walk at slow pace until you near the long lines of stalls holding all sorts of entertainment and games.

Fuck that, you’re old enough to spot the tricks to those rigged games.

Ahh, crap.

Vance with his normal shit-eating grin and slicked back blonde hair spots you and approaches with four of his paid friends.

You’re too full for this crap. You push Meiya behind you.

“Heya Fisher…” He slides in front of you getting inches from your face. “They gave you the day off from the boats, but you still reek of fish crap.” He pushes your forehead as his gang laughs behind him.

Worse comes to worse, you get to puke on him and then beat the crap out of him.

>”Hey Vance, why is it that you only ever say hi to me when you have your friends with you?”

>Ignore him. Fighting him isn’t how you want to spend your last day here.

>Write in.
>>
>>44276960
>”Hey Vance, why is it that you only ever say hi to me when you have your friends with you?”
>>
>>44276960
>Ignore him. Fighting him isn’t how you want to spend your last day here.
>>
>>44276960
>Ignore him. Fighting him isn't how you want to spend your last day here.
>>
>>44277007
>>44277049
Not today.

>Writing
>>
>>44277007
>>44277049
You guys are no fun at all.
>>
>>44276960
"Oh hey, the guv'nor wanted me to have a word with you. Said you could use some encouragement."
>>
>>44277074

As fun as it would be to teach this psychopath one final lesson, you’d rather not spend your last day here with Vance.

You easily push him aside and begin to lead Meiya past him just as you’re cut off from her by his goons.

The anger boils inside of you instantly. “You better get your fucking hand off of me if you don’t want me to break it.” You snarl at the one nearest to you.

“Look, it’s the lady of the day.” Vance oozes up to her as she calmly steps back.

Meiya looks at you to signaling for you to keep your cool.

Like hell. Everyone else might be afraid of him because he’s the Viceroy’s son, but that never stopped you.

“Hey now, keep your cool, Fisher.” He leans forward. “I just wanted to congratulate her.” He sniffs loudly. “But I just can’t. No matter what rags you dress fish crap in, it’s still fish crap.”

Meiya smiles and steps forward. “These robes are a little dull, aren’t they? Maybe a little color will dress them up.” She clenches her fist. “How about red?!” She delivers a quick blow square into Vance’s noses, spraying blood on her, and sending him crumpling to the ground.

“YOU BITCH!” Vance clenches his nose and rises to his feet.

Immediately, you slam your elbow into the side of the head of the one closest to you. He falls to the ground instantly, struggling to even move his arms. For that, you receive a solid blow directly to your stomach, causing you to violently release its contents into one of the thug’s face.

[1/2]
>>
>>44277635

He foolishly pulls his head down to avoid the torrent, whereupon you slam your fist into the back of his head, repeatedly.

You’re tackled to ground, just as you watch Vance grab your sister by her hair.

“VANCE!” The Viceroy comes hurrying into the scene, stopping everyone. “Do you have absolutely no sense?!” He slaps at his son’s face, punctuating his words with each hit. “Constant, disappointment, for years, and now this?!” The veins in the Old man’s face look ready to burst. “I put up with it for years because you’re my son, but now I can tolerate your incompetence no longer.” He swats Vance’s broken nose, sending his son howling in pain.

“DAD STOP!” He cries out from the ground.

“I will not!” He motions for one of his guards to pick up his son. “We’ll see how you shape up in the new Direndite mine.” The Viceroy looks in your direction. “You two, get the hell off of him right now unless you want to join him!”

Vance’s friends leave as quickly as they can, those that can that is.

“Oren.” The Viceroy shoots his attention directly at you before leaving. “Good luck at Saredo, but don’t let that temper control you anymore.” He adds with tempered anger himself.

>”Thank you…”

>”I’ll try not to.”

>Write in.
>>
>>44277651
>”Thank you…”
lmao eat shit vance
>>
>>44277651
>”Thank you…”
>>
>>44277651
>”I’ll try not to."
>”Thank you…”
>>
>>44277651
"Yes Viceroy, understood."
>>
>>44277669
>>44277677
>>44277718
Thanks for all the help...

>Writing
>>
>>44277651
You said you wanted me to give your son some advice so here it is. Money can buy alot of things but it can't buy respect. Not from me, not from his friends and from the looks of it not from his own father. If he ever earns anything by himself maybe he'll understand.
>>
>>44277771

“Thank you, Viceroy.” You respond calmly and watch as he walks away.

The nearby onlookers disperse, murmuring about the bizarre sight they just witnessed, and a passerby helps you and your sister to your feet.

“You alright?” You look over the spot where Vance grabbed her hair.

“Yeah, but my hand really hurts.” She holds up her bruised shaking hand up for your inspection.

You finish. “It’ll be sore in the morning, but nothing’s broken.”

“So much to look forward to tomorrow.” She says sourly, looking down at her stained dress. “Oh no…”

You chuckle and look down at yourself. “I’m not any better off.” You try to swipe off the large chunks. “Flicking one or two in Meiya’s direction.”

“Stop!” She yells slapping into your arm with her good hand.

You laugh harder, causing yourself to yawn deeply.

Meiya gives you a strange smile. “Let’s go home.”

Your eyebrows go up in surprise. “You sure?”

Your sister simply nods. “I’m sure.”

“Good.” You announce as you begin the long walk to the rail station. “Nothing beats home cooking.” You pat your empty stomach.

~

[1/?]
>>
>>44278439

You block the sun from your closed eyes. “Ungh…fuck.” You groan as you stretch your sore limbs and sit up. Last thing you remember was talking to your sister late into the night about old times, you must’ve fallen asleep somewhere along the way.

You paw the nearby ground for your Assistant and look at the time when you find it. “SHIT!” You yell and immediately rise to your feet.

Meiya startles and rises in her bed. “Wha?”

“I’m going to be late!” You scurry to pick up all your belongings off the ground.

You race into the main room to see Mr. and Mrs. Reska already sitting there. “Good-bye.” You quickly hug each of them. “Take care of yourselves and Meiya, please.”

“Just be sure to visit every now and then.” Mr. Reska calls out.

Now’s not the time to even begin to try with that.

“I’ll try…” You answer awkwardly as you head off to collect your things from your shack. Thankfully, you don’t own too much.

Your sister follows you around as you scramble to take everything important. “You better not forget to message me back.”

“I won't.” You quickly respond.

“Every single one. No matter how many I send.” She adds.

“Alright, alright.” You look around to see if you forgot anything. “Be sure to tell the guys down at the harbor I said bye…” You trail off as you look into your father’s old room. It’s still littered with empty liquor bottles, just as it has been since then... You really didn’t want to force anyone else to clean that shameful mess, but now, you don’t have a choice.

[2/4]
>>
>>44278462

Meiya follows you out of the slums and onto the rail. “You have your good shoes?” She quickly asks.

“Not like I’d go back to get them if I didn’t.” You anxiously look at your Assistant. Looks like you might barely make the departure time.

Another long dash from the rail all the way to the Peugue’s main space station. The sight of the large dark ship bound for Saredo still docked eases your concern slightly, but you still don’t slow down until you reach the right boarding gate.

“Name?” The gate attendant asks flatly as he looks through his Assistant.

“Oren Fisher.” You quickly respond.

“One minute.” He mumbles as he scans through his device.

Meiya tugs on your sleeve as you wait for him to find your pass. You don’t know when, but her eyes have reddened significantly. “Don’t forget about me.” Her voice a little more than a feeble whisper.

You drop your bags and hold her as tightly as you can without hurting her. “Never. Never ever.”

You stand there, feeling the heat grow on your chest, trying your best not to lose it yourself.

“Sir.” The attendant says quietly, cutting your time painfully short. “I’m afraid your ship is schedule to leave right now.”

Meiya immediately pulls away from you and stacks your bags into your arms and gives her best smile even if her face is a mess. “Have fun, Ren. It’s been too long since you’ve been abl-“ She breaks down again, and pushes you away.

As much as it pains you not to be able to console her, you let yourself be pushed past the final gate.

You walk into the transport pod and set down all your belongings as you turn to look back to your little sister for one last time.

The pod settles automatically onto its track, ready to ferry you up to the ship.

The pod door begins to hiss shut just as you wave your final good-bye.

“Wait!” Meiya cries out just the pod door shuts completely. She shouts but you can’t hear her. Realizing this, she stops and smiles.

She’s gone from your sight.

~

[3/4]
>>
>>44278483

You go through several checks as you get situated on the ship. Your exam instructor sits across from you, undergoing the same process.

“Slow as always eh, Fisher?” He chuckles to himself as a nurse withdraws some of his blood. "Hope it wasn't for all of that." He points to your bags. "All that sort of stuff is provided for you by the Academy."

“I’m here.” You respond stoically, looking down at your useless bags. “That’s all that matters.”

“That won’t always be the case, Fisher.” He flinches as the nurse withdraws the needle. “A whole year in stasis, good luck with that.”

“It’ll be a flash.” Your nurse places a reassuring hand on your shoulder. “We’ll be sure to wake you up before arrival so that you may get acclimated.”

You take a deep breath. All that separates you from your new home is an incredibly vast amount of distance.

“Just a flash…” You repeat to yourself.

~
>>
Wow, this was a long run for me. If anyone's still here, I'd like to thank you for playing.

As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them in the thread, and I will do my best to respond to them.

If not, then I wish you a good day/night, and hope to see you again next time!

>(Twitter)
https://twitter.com/QM_Auri
>>
>>44278540
And so it begins
>>
>>44278608
That is pretty much the case, lone anon.
>>
>>44278631
Thanks for running man.
>>
>>44278681
You are very welcome!

With that, I'll be stepping out. I'll try to squeeze a run in between now and Christmas Eve. So, until next time!
>>
>>44278693
A bit late to the party, but thanks for running
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.