[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) - Multiple Choice Interlude Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Brianna WildWestSciFi Version.png (165 KB, 426x583) Image search: [Google]
Brianna WildWestSciFi Version.png
165 KB, 426x583
ARCHIVE: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44241508/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

Begin INTERLUDE: DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY
>>
>>44260461
You are Brianna la Croix, triumphant heritor, whatever the fuck that means, and you have some decisions to make.

You healed Lisa's victims after freeing Lora from her clutches. You:

> Encourage them to move to Lakehallow. They can get treatment and support there, even if it means having to adjust to a new community.
> Encourage them to move back to Split. Their families and friends are there. They have to face this tragedy head-on.
> Encourage them to the care and aid of the Keepers of Arcadia. Work preventing this kind of thing from happening ever again will soothe their fears.

The living dead still infest the Lichyard, though without direction they are a much lesser threat. Still, with Amy and Nathan insisting you TAKE A GODSDAMNED VACATION, BRI you can't precisely handle it yourself. Or, well, you /can/.

> Task River and Fetch with putting down the dead.
> Leave the Keepers and the Rose Cult to put down the dead without help.
> Put down the dead yourself. You're a big girl, you can work if you want to.

A report has to be made to the Basement. You:

> Report just the facts; encourage no course of action.
> Report the devastation; request manpower and material aid.
> Report the suffering of the people; request medicine and supplies.
>>
> Encourage them to move back to Split. Their families and friends are there. They have to face this tragedy head-on.
> Report the suffering of the people; request medicine and supplies.
>>
File: FORWARD.png (205 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
FORWARD.png
205 KB, 800x900
Alright good anons. I need to catch some sleep, because I have work in the morning and life's a bitch like that sometimes. I'm going to make the bold move of not archiving this thread just yet; hopefully discussion and voting will keep it open while I sleep for five hours.

As always, discussion, feedback, critique, and questions are welcome.

Thank you again for reading and participating! See you in the morning, DLQ readers.
>>
>>44260543
This
>>
>>44260523
> Encourage them to do whatever they think is best. There were some who were forced out of their homes by family and I doubt they'd want to go back. Tell them about the Keepers and Lakehallow so they know where to go.

>>
G'NIGHT VOX!
>>
>>44260523
> Encourage them to the care and aid of the Keepers of Arcadia. Work preventing this kind of thing from happening ever again will soothe their fears.
and
>Put down the dead yourself. You're a big girl, you can work if you want to.
Spend more time with River, more guided experience with death.
>Report the devastation; request manpower and material aid.
>>
>>44260461
>> Encourage them to move back to Split. Their families and friends are there. They have to face this tragedy head-on.

>>
>>44260523
>> Encourage them to move to Lakehallow. They can get treatment and support there, even if it means having to adjust to a new community.
>> Encourage them to the care and aid of the Keepers of Arcadia. Work preventing this kind of thing from happening ever again will soothe their fears.

>> Task River and Fetch with putting down the dead.

>> Report the devastation; they need manpower and material aid.
>> Report the suffering of the people; they need medicine and supplies.
Get more interaction between them and the labyrinth group. It would do good for more people to understand how to respect the dead, anyway.
>>
>>44260557
Sleep well, take care of yourself, and try not to have teeth fall out of your face
>>
>>44260523
> Encourage them to move to Lakehallow. They can get treatment and support there, even if it means having to adjust to a new community.

> If they have medical supplies and manpower to spare, request them. Otherwise just report the facts.
>>
>>44260523
Lakehallow isn't home, and Split probably isn't either. Not after what happened. The Keepers can help with the latter.

She needs to learn, and she'll love Fetch just as much as Bri does.

Lora already healed a great number of people. Medicine isn't as important as materials and manpower to help them rebuild their home.

And hey, more interaction between Lakehallow and the groups in the Lichyard. It's a good experience for them.
>>
>>44260523
>Encourage them to move back to Split. Their families and friends are there. They have to face this tragedy head-on.
That and their families would probably benefit from having them back.
What better way to learn more necromancy then fieldwork guided by a cranky ghost and undead chicken paladin.
as for the last one
>Report the facts and ask for whatever sort of aid seems most needed.
I mean what sort of supplies and manpower do we currently have down here?
>>

It's still in the Lichyard, which will help. Split certainly ain't home for many of them anymore. Bad memories.

Good experience for her, and you can stay vaguely connected via Fetch anyway on your vacation, if questions come up.

Closing all those trenches, purifying the land and taking care of the undead will take some extra effort.
Plus, and more importantly, this lets both settlements intermingle, which is good for relations and the mood of the people. See that things are on the upswing and you're coming together.
>>
Votes called, tallying, writing. Initial morning run will be short b/c I have work coming up fast.
>>
File: Lichyard.jpg (12 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
Lichyard.jpg
12 KB, 301x168
>>44260523
You end up spending hands-on time with a lot of the survivors. The ones not betrayed by close friends and loved ones you quietly encourage to move back to Split; the others you give to the care of the Keepers of Arcadia, who are more than willing to help after the circumstances of their imprisonment are made known.

Miranda seems...displeased...with Split's behavior. She's glad to have help cleaning up the corpses though, even if it's an apprentice necromancer and your chickens.

(River's scene will be written later)

Your report, delivered in a tired voice to the leaders of the Basement, emphasizes the devastation of the Lichyard. Volunteers are assembled to help fill in trenches and return the earth there to a hallowed state, as well as to tear down the walls of the Temple of All Gods. The Labyrinth Tribe proves to be hard, eager workers, whose knowledge of the tongues of man is getting better every day.

After these arrangements are made, you and your companions agree that it's time to visit the mournstone.
>>
Fucking Comcast.

Bear with me.
>>
>>44262900
A mournstone is a simple enough concept; it is a memorial, for those who have none. This one, as is traditional, is a plain, flat-topped stone altar, lacking decoration other than the words 'Memento Mori' carved into its surface.

You don't precisely dress up for your visit, but clothes are cleaned, and ironed, and you look sharp enough to be seen at a formal event.

A funeral, perhaps.

You light your pipe and set it on the stone altar, along with fresh-baked bread and gifts carved with your own hands - bracelets, necklaces, and more.

"I'd offer you wine," you say softly, letting the joke out through a tight throat, "but I dare say you've had enough to drink."

You can hear Amy laugh involuntarily, and then cover her mouth up with a guilty squeak. You smile, crookedly.

"I guess I never really said goodbye," you admit. "Not for real. When I came home...when I came home there was the job. And I did it, the way you taught me to do it. And I think, maybe, that was the wrong thing to do, not for a necromancer or a la Croix, but for a young woman who'd just lost everything."

You sigh, and tuck your hands into your pockets. "I should have stayed to mourn you."

Nathan and Amy put their hands on your shoulders, and it's like you were waiting to be given permission; the tears flow from your eyes, rolling down your cheeks and splashing the stone.

"Grandpa," you whisper, "thanks for putting up with my shit. Grandmother, your lessons made me who I am today, and I'm sorry I never told you that before you were gone."

You swallow around the lump in your throat. "Thanks for the hat, Aunt Carol. I hope Mom kicked your ass when you showed up. I still miss you."

Your companions wait silently, warm and steady for you, while you say the goodbyes that have waited in your breast since the day you came home to find you had no home. And when the saying is done, they draw you into a warm hug, and stroke your hair while you cry.
>>
File: Mourn.jpg (148 KB, 467x500) Image search: [Google]
Mourn.jpg
148 KB, 467x500
>>44263194
There's still stuff to do, of course, even if you're trying to slow your roll some. /Some/ being the key word.

> Upgrade your chickens
> Make new talismans

AND

> Spend a day with Nathan
> Spend a day with Amy
> Spend a day with River
>>
Alright, just some thoughts...

1) We have TONS of undead material running around with which to upgrade the chickens. The last one can get that intelligence upgrade to be even with the others, and Fetch at the very least can get one for either toughness or lethality (that necrovenom sounds awesome)

2) Vox, can Shadows be upgraded in the same way as the chickens? If so, we have some WORK to do.

3) Would different types of undead have more "slots" for upgrades? If so, is it possible to promote Fetch's chassis to a bigger and badder one?

4) We seem to all be taking this down the route of the Diablo 2 Necromancer (plus chicken knight). Is there really a limit to how much we can outright control, or do we just need to be careful about multitasking to keep the mindless minions from accruing into "undead army" status?

5) What kinds of talismans could be available? what are the limits of the power?

That all said...
>Upgrade the intelligence of the last, dumb chicken, then go for talismans
>Spend a day with River, prepare her to take over this area's caretaking
>>
File: COMCAST.gif (636 KB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
COMCAST.gif
636 KB, 320x192
And thanks to FUCKING COMCAST that'll be my posts for the morning, until I get home from work.
>>
>>44263228
> Upgrade your chickens
Might as well top them off. With so many materials handy, could we, say, upgrade all of their durability and also upgrade the dumb one's intelligence?

I feel like our resident Hero hasn't been getting enough love.
>>
>>44263228
> Upgrade your chickens
and
>Spend a day with River
gotta get little(?) sister into the right frame of mind. the Lichyard is a fucking mess and I don't think Brie has the time to fix it all. which means River will be left alone with the in-laws and ghost teacher, who might not be the best company.
>>
>>44263228
>> Upgrade your chickens

Where we're going, we're likely to need the best help we can get. Make Fetch tougher, and the rest of them more deadly.

>> Spend a day with Nathan

We've been neglecting him a bit lately.
>>
>>44263228
> Upgrade your chickens
Into enraged Angry Chickens
We've haven't talked to the hero for a while.
>>
>>44263228
>Upgrade your chickens

> Spend a day with Amy
We went on a date with Nathan during the last break.
>>
>>44263513
>>44263443
>>44263408
We went on a date with him during the last interlude.
>>
>>44263513
>Angry Chickens
>not giving them the ability to fly
C'mon man, maybe a little bit of necromantic egg bombs while we're at it.
CHICKEN LEADER REPORTING IN
CHICKEN ONE READY
CHICKEN TWO READY
CHICKEN THREE READY
DROP BOMBS, ON MY MARK!
>>
>>44263536
Yeah, and then we had a date with Amy, and then we ignored him in favor of Amy when he clearly needed to talk about something. If we're gonna make this poly thing work, we can't go playing favorites.
>>
>>44263588
You're right. So maybe, Spend a day with him and then we can have dinner with both of them?
>>
>>44263228
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
> Upgrade your chickens
> Spend a day with River
>>
>>44263783
This is a good plan. We should do this plan. And then have a cuddle pile.
>>
>>44263228
>Upgrade your chickens, but ONLY to a point where they don't shoot like clone troopers
>Make some more minions out of small animals. A rodent/rat, and......okay, just more chickens
I can't believe I can't think of anything better than a chicken

> Spend a day with that Rose Cultist Elder
>>
>>44263819
Wish we kept the ferret. But yeah, small animal servents seem to be our thing.
>>
>>44263860
We could do a pig, and then Sir Fetch would have a battle mount.
>>
>>44263954
Or even a boar. I mean we know where to get one.
>>
>>44263954
He should ride a cat that rides a dog that rides a donkey.
>>
>>44264068
I wish I had a pic of the Disgaea stacks to represent this idea
>>
Roughly three hours to vote call.
>>
File: bremen.jpg (271 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
bremen.jpg
271 KB, 1200x1600
>>44264278
How about this?
>>
>>44264652
I...I love you anon.
>>
>>44264652
Bremen musicians. I loved the story as a child.
>>
>>44264652
Cock pussy bitch ass party?
>[Brazzers]
>>
File: 122820130952145.jpg (58 KB, 476x556) Image search: [Google]
122820130952145.jpg
58 KB, 476x556
>>44264910
>>
>>44263228
>Upgrade your chickens
Let's get the dumb one to be more functional and maybe boost their speed/maneuverability. Their still chickens dodging should be their main defense.
As was said before we haven't spent much time with him lately.
>>
>Upgrade your chickens.

Chicken death from below!

>Spend a day with Nathan.

Unless I'm misremembering, he still has Something On His Mind. It'd be good to find out.
>>
>>44265577
It was about his feeling toward sparing River. He wanted her to die because his mom had supposedly went off to war against the elves as a soldier and died out there, which is Not Very Heroic in terms of reasoning.

He had to work out those feelings, and he has done so at least to the point where he could tell us about it.
>>
>>44265627
Almost. Because his mom committed some unknown atrocity as a soldier, and River reminded him of that. Nathan wears his mother's sin in his shadow.

Vote call in a little more than an hour.
>>
>>44265997
Still too tired to recall things correctly, it seems.

Seems a safe bet that he could use someone to talk with about it more. May as be the team therapist.

Since I haven't voted,
> Upgrade your chickens
>>
>>44263228
> Upgrade your chickens
And
> Spend a day with River
>>
>Spend day with River and her mentor. Braid useful talisman into her hair.
>>
> Upgrade your chickens
and
>Spend a day with River
>>
>>44263228
> Upgrade your chickens
>>
>>44263228
>Upgrade your chickens to be smarter, and in the case of Sir Fetch, give him a suit of bone armor.
And since nobody else has voted on this one:
>Spend a day with Best Bird
>>
G'MORNING VOX!
>>
Off work. Vote call when I get home.
>>
>>44263228
> Upgrade your chickens

> Spend a day with River

If we do both at the same time it could be a learning experience.
>>
Votes called.

Tallying. Writing.
>>
File: Best Minion Ever.jpg (54 KB, 920x1024) Image search: [Google]
Best Minion Ever.jpg
54 KB, 920x1024
>>44263228
You've got raw material on hand, even if it all looks like it got beaten to death by a pissed-off god of banking. You decide to finish upgrading your chickens, because if people are going to make FOWL NECROMANCER jokes, you might as well make sure they're deadly.

You improve all three by:

> Enhancing their offensive capabilities
> Enhancing their intelligence and initiative
> Enhancing their toughness and speed

You also improve the stupid one with one additional choice (please mark it).

WE STILL HAVE A FUCKING TIE BETWEEN NATHAN AND RIVER.

I'm going to offer ten minutes to break the tie. In the meantime, I'm going to write the River scene as a reply to this one.
>>
>>44267429
Lucky you, I haven't voted.
>Spend a day with Nathan.
>>
>>44267429
Stupid one also gets:
> Enhanced intelligence and initiative
>>
>>44267458
VOTE FUCKING CALLED.

WRITING.
>>
>>44267465
Second
>>
>>44267429
> Enhancing their intelligence and initiative (for the stupid one, can't have him missing with quills)
>>
>>44267466
wow fuck
I just got home and was going to vote river
>>
>>44267495

>>44267458
here. Sorry, bro.
>>
>>44267429
The stupid one has literally being whistling "If I Only Had A Brain".

As for all three, I say:
>Enhance their toughness and speed.
Bob and weave boys, bob and weave. We can bring down the bad guys with bee stings.
>>
>>44267429
>> Enhancing their toughness and speed
>>
>>44267429
> Make the stupid one smarter
>>
>Upgrade toughness and speed
>Upgrade intelligence and initiative of the dumb one
>>
File: 1449692211315.jpg (262 KB, 497x700) Image search: [Google]
1449692211315.jpg
262 KB, 497x700
>>44267429
You are River la Croix, novice necromancer. The short one is Sir Fetch the Nightfeather, and this outfit is Hilariously Lacking in Armor. Sure, the traveling clothes are tough, and the pockets are nice for carrying your various magical implements (Brianna had walked you through the use and theory of each one, and then fussed her way through having you fit for a hat, only to finally relent when you convinced her that you really, deeply, prefer hoods.

"Isn't it hard to get your ears in and out of them?" had been her final objection.

"There's such a thing as style," you'd said meekly, and she'd laughed and ruffled your hair, and that had been that.

And now you have this smart new outfit with its full pockets and its wide belt, its comfy hood with your ears poking out, /and not a scrap of fucking armor/, and you are hunting zombies.

<You could have taken a cane> Robert points out as you grip the ash wand in your hand.

<That's my sister's style. I can't take her style>

<That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard>

<This coming from the ghost in tattered shrouds with a perpetual fucking leer?> you snark back in exasperation. <It's noticed me>

The zombies have slowed down some, in confusion; without a master to command them they lack the /snap/ of obedience seen in Brianna's chickens. But they're still deadly, and this one lurches towards you with the nails in its eyes staring accusingly at you.

<You can feel it?> Robert asks, solemnly.

<Yes. The chains of no iron, just as you said. Trapping the ghost in the corpse. But if I just free it, it'll haunt the Lichyard>

<Precisely. So you must both free it and banish it. Have ye the silver, pure and untarnished?>

<Aye> You open one of your many pockets (SURE IS GREAT TO NOT HAVE ALL THIS ARMOR IN THE WAY ANY MORE, AM I RIGHT?) and gently draw out three slivers of silver.
>>
>>44267429
>> Spend a day with River
>> Enhancing their toughness and speed
>>
File: 1450118821924.jpg (102 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1450118821924.jpg
102 KB, 500x450
>>44267802
Gesture, intent, sacrifice - the three fundaments of necromancy. Resonant materials help; the gestures and objects and incantations are far from meaningless, but the core of all necromancy is the gesture that directs the power, the intent that shapes the power, and the sacrifice that provides it.

You strike the zombie on the head with your wand - the gesture. As it hits you snarl curses at it, starting with "Get the fuck out dead guy you're supposed to be fucking dead," - the intent. The fatigue burns through your bones as you complete the sacrifice; it feels like you ran a mile in the full armor that you are, coincidentally, /no longer wearing while in danger of your life/.

The ghost peels from the shambling corpse, and you thrust your fist with the silver into its mouth.

"Back to death," you command, and you hear a hollow echo in your voice. The phantom's eyes flutter, rolling back in its head, and it fades away into wisps of ectoplasm.

The zombie falls, limply, to the soil.

"Well struck," Fetch compliments, from your shin. "How do you feel?"

"...Satisfied," you say slowly. "That was a good thing to do."

"Aye, 'twas," Fetch agrees. "You have ended grievous suffering, Lady River."

You nod and take a drink from your canteen, shaking your head briskly to focus. "Let's get another one."

CALLING THE ENHANCEMENT VOTE, WRITING NATHAN SCENE.
>>
File: Nathan Redraw.png (364 KB, 939x2055) Image search: [Google]
Nathan Redraw.png
364 KB, 939x2055
>>44267918
In the end you decide that your tiny, faithful minions could do to be tougher. And it'd be nice if the idiot could aim.

Fetch takes to drilling them in complex behavior patterns based on his, or your, commands. You are still not sure who the fuck painted the black masks on their tiny bird skulls, though.

Amy leaves the house before either you or Nate are really awake; after a little more than a week in the Lichyard she's eager to get back to helping around town, especially the people still recovering with Meadows. The smell of coffee wakes him up pretty quickly, though, especially when he finds that there's already food cooking.

"I was thinking," you muse, "that we could head down the beach after this. I have this sneaking suspicion that you can teach me a thing or two about personal combat, and it'll be a good thing to learn if I end up mixed up like that again."

"Like a mentorship?" Nathan asks.

You toss a blunted practice sword at him, which he catches deftly. "More like a date." The handsome Hero grins sheepishly at having his own words thrown back at him, and nods his assent before tucking in.

Date or no date, Nate puts you through your paces, and the only reason you stop is when you point out to him that his face is turning /literally blue/. You sit together at the shore, his armor in a heap next to the two of you, with the Hero leaning back against your chest. You stroke his hair quietly.

"You really like that, don't you?" he asks, warmly.

"It's comforting," you admit. "You're warm, Chokey."

Nathan laughs weakly and groans. "Don't kick a man when he's down, Bri."

"See, you just got done telling me that's the best time to kick 'em," you rejoin, smiling down at him.

"So...what else do you want to do?"

> Stay here and talk. Serious stuff, funny stuff, just whatever comes to mind.
> Grab a meal somewhere. Tease the serving maids, let someone else cook for once.
> Go someplace quiet, for a sense of privacy.
>>
first
> Grab a meal somewhere. Tease the serving maids, let someone else cook for once.
then
> Go someplace quiet, for a sense of privacy.
finally
>>
>>44268469
>>
>>44268469
>Stay here and talk. Serious stuff, funny stuff, just whatever comes to mind.
>>
first
>do all 3
then
>duck as Vox throws stuff at us for voting for everything again.
>>
>>44268469
This is nice.
>>
>>44268586
Anon, what happened to "please pick only one unless I specify"? Part of the reason I lay out the options in this manner is because one path or another may lead to a situation where a progression between these options might not be feasible or perhaps desireable.

You multi-voting punks.
>>
fiiiiiiiiinnnnnnneeee

>>
>>44268469
>>
>>44268469
>> Stay here and talk. Serious stuff, funny stuff, just whatever comes to mind.
>>
Vote called, writing.

Anon's relative unity continues to surprise me.
>>
>>44268720
I'm mostly just voting for the option most likely to lead to skinny dipping. Gotta have that obligatory beach episode.
>>
File: Amy_zpsesezxfce.png~original.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Amy_zpsesezxfce.png~original.png
22 KB, 300x300
>>44268469
You kiss Nathan's ear, making him tense in unexpected pleasure, and ruffle his hair. "This is nice," you note, hugging your arm across his chest. "Let's do this."

"You know swordsmanship is something you have to practice every day, right?" Nathan points out. "It's not a sometimes thing. If you wanna improve, you have to train."

"Point taken," you agree. "I'll tell you tomorrow if I want this to be a thing."

"Sure," he scoffs. "Who else is going to train you?"

"I could learn the fine arts of prison etiquette and surprise shanking from Amy," you point out, loftily.

Nathan groans. "I can just imagine her pressed against you, hand guiding your wrist while she shows you how to cut out a kidney."

You laugh. "That's adorable. And disturbing. And probably true."

"...She's a hell of a girl," Nathan murmurs.

"Jealous?" you tease.

"More like...interested," he admits. You open your mouth to say something and hear Amy's voice over the water, letting out a wild "WEEE!"

You look up, and she - along with several of the people she's been working with - are surfing on Kells' back, cutting a swathe through the lake on their way to Rose Island. Amy laughs, like a child at play, and hops up to balance delicately on a teenager's head.

> "...I can see why."
> "You trying to tell me something, Nate?"
> "Easy to forget she's not always like that, isn't it?"
>>
>>44268974
> "...I can see why."
>>
>>44268974
> "Easy to forget she's not always like that, isn't it?"
>>
>>44268974
> "...I can see why."
>>
>>44268974
> "...I can see why."
>>
>>44268974
>> "...I can see why."

Wow, kells is a lot better off than you'd expect of a giant undead crocodile. Especially since our original prognosis was he'd go profoundly insane.
>>
> "...I can see why."

in the end amy and nathan aren't going to end up in our harem, bri and nathan are going to end up in amy's harem.
>>
Thread archived, incidentally.
>>
>>44268974
> "You trying to tell me something, Nate?"
Not that we're seriously jealous, but he just openly admitted to liking another girl while on a date, and that's a very interesting thing to do. It's a thing we should talk about, to see what his thought processes are regarding all three of us, and where he'd be interested in going with this.
>>
>>44269158
He probably will, eventually, but the dude's been an undead crocodile for less than a year. Bri's thinking long-term; after all, he /has/ long-term to think about.
>>
>>44269241
Long term as in a decade or as in a century?
>>
>>44269274
Depends on how strong and, conversely, flexible his personality is. He needs a good sense of what makes him himself, but he also needs to be able to adapt that sense to his alien circumstances.

Could be anywhere in that range.
>>
>>44268974
>"...I can see why."
>>
>>44269237
He's got a lot of catching up to do.
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
>>44268974
You and Nathan watch Amy for a long minute, your fingers combing through his hair, before you break the quiet. "I can see why," you murmur. "...It's not like /I/ don't have an interest in the both of you, y'know."

"I know," the Hero agrees. He rubs his head back against you and tilts a smile up. "You know, most people wouldn't be as...collected, about this, as you've been."

"This?" you inquire.

"Well, all of it," Nathan admits. "...You're one of the most /yourself/ people I've ever met. Even when Lisa got under your skin, you knew what you had to do, and why you had to do it. But...you've never been cold about it either. Your first thought with Amy was to make sure she was safe, even though you were prepared for a trap. Your first thought with the Lichyard was for its people." His tone softens. "...Even for River."

"I didn't tell her," you murmur soothingly. "And I'm not going to. You're allowed to be /human/, Nate."

"I don't know," comes the answer. "...I keep being afraid that I won't be able to endure this the way you and Amy have. You've both gone through so much, even before the Dungeon. And I...well, all I did was die."

You look down in disbelief. "Yes, /all/ you did was /die/, Nate. Hellfire, I'm astonished you can stand the sight of me, considering! Let alone be wanting in my pants!"

Nathan blushes intensely, but keeps his eyes on yours. "You care, when you have every reason not to. That got my interest. Everything else...everything else got my attention."

He looks adorable like that, and you give in to your impulse and give him an upside-down kiss that makes him squirm in your lap. You bite the Hero's chin, playfully, and go back to ruffling his hair while he tries to remember who he is and how he got here.

"How do you feel about...you know, all this?" he asks, at last. "The angel. The chains, the disturbances in the Dungeon?"
>>
File: In my bones.png (6 KB, 382x262) Image search: [Google]
In my bones.png
6 KB, 382x262
>>44270106
> Optimistic. You've defeated two and you have loyal friends to aid you.
> Cautious. You don't know what you're facing, or its power, and you don't like it.
> Scared. You're in over your head. You didn't ask for this.
> Resolved. You didn't pick this job out, but you'll do it as best you can.
>>
>>44270123
>Resolved. You didn't pick this job out, but you'll do it as best you can.
>>
>>44270123
Family Honor
>>
>>44270123
Life is for the living. Nobody really chooses.
>>
>>44270123
>>
>>44270123
>Resolved. You didn't pick this job out, but you'll do it as best you can
>>
>>
>>44270123
> Optimistic. You've defeated two and you have loyal friends to aid you.

Whistle while you work; have some fun with it.
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
File: 1395881600690.jpg (315 KB, 766x577) Image search: [Google]
1395881600690.jpg
315 KB, 766x577
>>
File: Lakehallow Docks.jpg (192 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
Lakehallow Docks.jpg
192 KB, 832x468
>>44270123
You chuckle. "Y'know, I asked my Grandpa once why I had to do the family job. I was feeling all rebellious and teenage and unloved and hard-done-by, y'know?"

"Oh yeah," Nathan agrees. "What'd he say?"

"He took my hat off of my head, whapped me with it, and said if I wanted to be a layabout blue-blood princess I needed to start riding more noble dicks."

Nathan chokes on his surprise, sputtering while you laugh.

"I didn't pick this job out, but sometimes you just don't pick stuff in life. And sometimes that stuff is important. What're you gonna do, when you open your door in the misty morning and there's a baby in a basket on your step? What're you gonna do, when you pass an alley and there's someone being mugged in it?" You shrugged. "Sometimes, shit goes wrong. And I'm determined to make it right. What about you?"

"...I think you might just be the noble cause I've been looking for my entire life," Nathan admits, with such quiet conviction that there's no doubting the sincerity of his words.

Sweet ancestors. Your heart.

"Even if this, if /us/, isn't a thing," he continues, "I'll follow you where you lead me. The things you talk about, about being there to help others, about taking responsibility...those are things I want for myself. And I don't think I knew that, until I met you." Nathan takes your hand and squeezes it. "...So thanks."

Your heart is going a mile a minute, fluttering happily at the Hero's earnest declaration. Nathan looks up at your face and smiles in warm joy.

"You thinking lunch?" he offers, softly.

"I. Yeah. Yeah I kinda am."

> Tell him to get lost for thirty minutes while you make food at home; prepare a romantic meal
> Offer to go back home to eat; eat a friendly meal
> Propose going somewhere to eat where people can cook well instead of just passably
> Ask what he wants to do.

I hope folks don't mind how long this one's gone, I'm kinda playing it by feel and by ear.
>>
>>44270618
> Propose going somewhere to eat where people can cook well instead of just passably
>>
>>44270618
>Propose going somewhere to eat where people can cook well instead of just passably
Bri can't cook for shit
>>
>>
>>44270618
>Propose going somewhere to eat where people can cook well instead of just passably
>>
>>44270618
>Oh, I have something you can eat...

Or is that to forward? I looked it over and there are no risks for zombie armies from this choice.
>>
>>44270823
Fuck off false flagger
>>
>>44270850
wat?
>>
>>44270823
On an empty stomach? With a guy who already has shortness of breath problems? That sounds... unsatisfying.

>>
vox? you fall asleep?
>>
File: 1438032603005.jpg (247 KB, 1011x851) Image search: [Google]
1438032603005.jpg
247 KB, 1011x851
>>44271343
Ye of little faith.

Vote called. Writing.
>>
File: 1449888175415.png (73 KB, 258x269) Image search: [Google]
1449888175415.png
73 KB, 258x269
>>44270618
"The Eastern Dwellers run this mess hall that makes a mean meal," you muse. "And they've been expanding their selection ever since we introduced Glen into the equation. You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

"That Amy's all the way over there and we've both been spoiled by access to her cooking?"

"Pretty fucking much," you agree. "C'mon, let's stash the armor and head that way, yeah?"

The "mess" has made an effort to clean itself up into a proper tavern, with rough stone tables and surprisingly comfortable chairs - the cushions help. The various sapient monsters serving as staff are a little offputting at first, but you have to admit that they run a pretty professional ship.

This is it. This is your life now. And honestly, it's kinda nice.

Nathan tells training stories ("So someone gets the bright idea that blunted bolts mean they can't hurt, right?") while you eat, though you're pretty sure with the timing of some of the jokes he's trying to kill you by making you choke on your food. It's when he gets to some of the drinking stories that you scoff.

"What's that for?" he asks, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms across his chest.

"It's for you being a lightweight," you counter, likewise folding your arms.

"You wanna walk that talk, miss I-don't-know-if-I-can-handle-training?" the Hero asks, mischief in his eyes.

"Why should I?"

"Loser owes the winner an unconditional favor," he offers, holding his hand out to seal the bet with the ritual handshake.

> You're on
> I'm secure in my womanhood, thanks
>>
>>44271677
>You're on
And maybe some teasing, along the lines of
>I think I'm gonna have you clean the house in a frilly maid outfit
Just to let him know the favor's gonna be light, but silly and embarrassing.
>>
>>44271677
>> You're on
>>
>>44271677
>You're on

Because who doesn't love drinking contests?
>>
>>44271677
> You're on
>>
>>44271677
>I'm secure in my womanhood, thanks
>>
>>44271677
> You're on
>>
>>44271677
>You're on.

Not like we don't trust him.
>>
>>44271677
>> I'm secure in my womanhood, thanks
>>
>You're on.
>>
Vote called!

SO DRINK FOR TRE-ACH-ERY!
DRINK FOR THE FLAME!
AND GUARD THY BLOODY, BLACKENED NAME!
>>
>>44271899
vox....are you drunk? have the last few story posts leading up to this simply been a way for the players to consent for you to drink?
>>
>>44271942
You wish. This is just painkillers.

That and you missed the reference.
>>
File: Go Home Bri You Are Drunk.jpg (303 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Go Home Bri You Are Drunk.jpg
303 KB, 1536x2048
>>44271677
"You're on," you answer with a savage grin, gripping his hand tightly and pumping it. You call to the barkeep and explain the situation, and the Dwellers around you howl excitedly. There is a great scraping of stone on stone as chairs are moved to get a better view.

"So what're you after?" you ask, raising an eyebrow.

"That would be telling," Nathan teases. "You?"

"...I /was/ gonna make you clean the house in a frilly outfit, but now I see I'll have to get creative."

The first round is poured, and you and Nathan pound your shots back like they killed your respective fathers. The whiskey burns as it goes down, and you grin savagely when you see Nathan wince; either whiskey's not his drink, or he's never had it before.

"You underestimate my poor life choices," you warn him.

"You underestimate young men trying to impress village girls," he warns back.

The second round is a champagne that sizzles and spits, and makes your stomach dance with butterflies, like schoolgirl love, long after you've drank it. The sensation is unfamiliar to you, and Nathan grins at you when he sees your face.

"Keep grinnin', blue boy."

You each down your poison to the rhythmic, time-honored chant of "Drink! Drink! Drink!" from the crowd. Four rounds. Five. You know you're going to regret this in the morning, but you don't even care - you can feel the singing thrill that cuts through the buzz of the booze.

Gods, you haven't had this much fun in years.

Nathan sways when you finish the sixth round and eat the slice of apple that was floating in the moonshine. His eyes are determined, and you're definitely feeling it, but he's not gonna make it. You can beat him.

Do you want to, though? Might be more fun to let him win. And the little Hero would look so cute, beaming in drunken pride, all warm and kissable and...fuck, you're drunk.

Fuck it, let the die be cast!

> Drink him under
> Take the fall
>>
>>44271970

Looked it up, couldn't find anything.

Where's it from?
>>
>>44272199
>Drink him under
>>
>>44272199
>None of this "Let him win" bullshit. We will be HONORABLY hungover!
>>
> Drink him under

in this story, the necromancer beats the hero
>>
>>44272201
Kill Six Billion Demons.

Drinking contest starts here: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-25-challenger/
>>
>>44272199
>Drink him under
Losing is fun, Nate!

And start doing the Spooky Necromancer Triumphs Over Righteous Hero talk.
>>
>>44272199
> Take the fall
>>
>>44272322
> oh god yes this, seconded
>>
>>44272199
> Drink him under
>>
>Drink him under

Also this. >>44272322
>>
>>44272322
>This
>>
>>44272199
>> Drink him under

I want to let him win just out of curiosity but wouldn't be in character much.
>>
Called, writing.

Sweet baby fuck, /no/ pity for the Hero. I'm laughing so hard right now.

This date's ending soon, I promise. I hope it hasn't been too long fo rya.
>>
>>44272514
You kidding? This is more fun than some actual dates I've been on.

Wait, that might be a low bar. Still, you get the idea.
>>
>>44272514
Part of me is hoping some Hero related rule break like "All my friends who fell along the way to this moment are with me" leads to him ultimately winning because we pulled the BBEG monologue
>>
>>44272671
That would be lame as hell, Vox is a better writer then that.
>>
>>44272754
It'd be lame as hell if he did it in an actual fight. It'd be pretty funny if he did it in a drinking contest, though.

Not sure what friends Nathan has who've fallen along the way, though. Unless he gets to count himself.
>>
>>44272671
thats cute
>>
>>44272808
I think he meant fell as in "passed out from drinking", even though it normally does mean dying.
>>
>>44272843
But they'd have to have passed out here for that to make sense. Maybe a team drink off sort of thing.
>>
File: 1449900696960.gif (657 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449900696960.gif
657 KB, 500x281
>>44272199
"Nate, you were outclassed the moment you sat down," you tell him, drawing yourself up to your full height. On the wall behind you, Kat laughs in silent megalomania. "DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU COULD OUT-DRINK THE DEAD?"

"Ahm a Hero, ain't I?" the young man answers back. "Triumph over darkness, I will. Prepare to pay up."

Glasses are poured, lit aflame, and then blown out. Glowing embers float in the resulting thick, syrup-like drink.

You and Nathan drain it, and it burns like envy, sears the throat like fury, and rests in your stomach with a not-unpleasant growl.

A pale ale goes into two flagons and is set on the table by the grinning barkeep.

"Last words, Hero?" you challenge, keeping the slur out of your words with /sheer, bloody willpower/.

"When they ask how I died," Nathan says nobly, "tell them the woman I love killed me."

You almost choke on your drink, which would probably be a technical loss, but you're saved by two things - long practice suppressing your gag reflex, and Nathan draining his flagon in a long pull. The Hero sways in his seat and slumps to the side as the last few rounds finally catch up to him.

The watching crowd goes wild.

You find your hand shaken unexpectedly by a far-too-excited lamia, with wide circular glasses and tiny fangs in her smile. "That was brilliant! Don't worry about the drinks I'll cover it - can I use this for my book?"

"Yer writin' a book?" you ask. Fuck the slur. You're drunk, you can slur if you wanna.

"Yes! About the Dungeon, and recent events! For the Atheneum."

You search your memory. "Ttthhhiiiird level?"

The lamia nods brightly.

> Yeah! Fame! Glory!
> Nnnnaaaaaaah.
> Jus' don' trash talk mah Hero.
>>
>>44272898
>Maybe a team drink off sort of thing.
That would be acceptable for that and funny.
>>
>>44272916
>Nnnnaaaaaaah.
>>
>>44272916
>>
>>44272916
> Nnnnaaaaaaah.
>>
> Jus' make sure yu' trash talk mah Hero.
>>
>>44272916
>Fame and glory!

>Also! Lamia! Tell me your story!
>>
>>44272916
>Nnnnaaaaaaah.
>>
>>44272916
>Yeah! Fame! Glory!
We don't want it for what we actually do, but we're drunk, and should be inordinately proud of ourselves for drinking Nate under the table.
>>
>>44272916
> Nnnnaaaaaaah.
>>
>>44272916
>>
>>44272916
>>
>>44272916
>Jus' don' trash talk mah Hero.
>>
>>44272916
>> Nnnnaaaaaaah.
>>
>>44272916
> Yeah! Fame! Glory!
>Jus' don' trash talk mah Hero.
>>
Votes called, writing.

WEEEEEEEE.
>>
File: Necrodance.jpg (94 KB, 869x960) Image search: [Google]
Necrodance.jpg
94 KB, 869x960
>>44272916
"Ssuuuuuure," you decide, at length. "But don' talk trash about my Hero, you. He did good. Mos' guys I wanna frick don' even make it four rounds."

The lamia brightens excitedly. "You're lovers?"

"No' yet. 's complicated. An' maybe too soon if we're bein' serious, which we are, an' why am I explaining this to you?"

"Because I'm nosy," the lamia answers brightly. She counts out coins to the bartender while you shoulder Nathan - /gods, drunks, so heavy/ - and start to walk him back home. "Thanks again!" the writer calls after you.

"No problem!" you answer, feeling light, and happy, and definitely drunk.

You feel a little less drunk after you stop to throw up, but /it was worth it/.

Nathan's out like a light. He doesn't seem likely to throw up, which he's going to regret in the morning, but when you tuck him in - laying on his side, with a cup of water and a headache powder on the bedside table - he looks so fucking precious you could almost cry. Necromancers don't get handsome Heroes.

"Doof," you whisper, before you kiss his forehead. "Sayin' that out in front of everyone. We're gonna be the talk of the Basement."

Technically, Nathan is sleeping on your bunk, because fuck hauling him to the top bunk. You could sleep...or, well, you also couldn't.

He'd be very warm.

> Sleep in your own bunk
> Snuggle up to Nate
> Wait up for Amy
>>
>>44273323
> Wait up for Amy
We got drunk'n I won'n th'doofus shaid he loved me like I love you like you love him like Fetch loves talkin' funny, are you sleepy, I'm sleepy...
>>
>>44273323
>Snuggle up to Nate
>>
>>44273323
> Wait up for Amy
Can't cuddle pile if she's not here
>>
> Wait up for Amy and cuddle with her
>>
>>44273323
>Snuggle up to Nate
Awwww yeaaaah
>>
>>44273323
> Snuggle up to Nate
>>
>>44273323
>Wait up for Amy
And definitely this ramble
>>44273362
>>
>>44273323
> Wait up for Amy
Because we are drunk and want cuddle piles. Not that we don't want cuddle piles when we're sober.
>>
>>44273323
> Wait up for Amy
>>
>>44273362
Seconded.
>>
>>44273323
>Wait up for Amy
>>
File: Do what must be done.jpg (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Do what must be done.jpg
74 KB, 400x400
>>44273323
>Snuggle up to Nate
pic related
>>
>>44273323
>> Wait up for Amy
>>
>>44273323
> Snuggle up to Nate
Hell yes
>>
>>44273323
>Wait up for Amy
'cuz wer horn n drunky
>>
>>44273323
> Wait up for Amy
>>
>>44273323
> Wait up for Amy
>>
>>44273362
A boy said he loved us! WE NEED GIRL TALK!
>>

So everyone knows that Lamia was (working for) the third villain, right? Researching the people who'd killed the first two, probably planting spies/bombs?
>>
>>44273642
Assuming every Chain holder is going to be a lolsoebil villain.
>>
>>44273665

How is someone doing research on and subverting their enemy 'lolsoebil'?
>>
>>44273642
Ye gods. Good thing the Vintner is dead so they can't leverage our alcohol intolerance.
>>
Called, tallying, writing.

Also: run tomorrow will start early (my alarm is set for 6 AM), be interrupted by Star Wars at 9:30, resume briefly, and then be interrupted by Gainful Employment between 1 PM EST & 9 PM EST.

Ye be warned.

...If I might ask, how was date? I know it was longer than both of the first ones, but...I dunno, the progression felt right, at the time?
>>
>>44273642
It's a distinct possibility, but if so, what've they learned? That we're thinking of banging our Hero? Not exactly our secret weakness, anon.
>>
>>44273729
Great date
>>
>>44273729
gr8 d8 m8 I r8 8/8.

But seriously, nice job as always. The drinking scene was pretty hilarious, but also had a slight air of seriousness to it too. Normally those don't go together, but it worked out well here.
>>
>>44273729
It was good, felt pretty organic.
>>
>>44273731
But knowing that we have feelings for him can be used against us... but we told her not to write anything bad about him, she should seriously take into acount what we did to the two previous chain holders before becoming our enemy. People who cross us don't end up with happy long lives.

>>44273729
well done, if the story takes a few extra posts to get the scene fully in play that's great, it only gets to be a problem if you come up on a whole thread where you have focused on a single scene and no progress was actually made. this date we got a date, we learned about our drinking tolerance and his, we learned the third level is some sort of library. All things that can be done in an info dump but by being threaded into the course of the story made it much more organic and enjoyable.
>>
>>44273880
Or happy afterlives.
>>
>>44273769
>>44273826
>>44273844
>>44273880
Thanks for the feedback anons. As I've said before, I'm still pretty new at this and I'm looking to refine my technique, both to keep this quest fun 'n' interesting, and in the event of any future quests I might theoretically run.

Writing for real now. Real life got me.
>>
File: Amy Cuddles.webm (867 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Amy Cuddles.webm
867 KB, 640x360
>>44273323
You swirl the kettle, find that there's still cold coffee in it, and pour yourself a cup. You're not precisely looking for flavor; you just need something in your hands to focus on while you wait up for Amy. You sit in a chair and face the door, smiling dreamily.

Amy slips in, tired but happy, with a box under her arm. When she sees you she hides it behind her back. "Close your eyes!" she orders, in a bright panic.

You obey, and hear her hide the box in the room.

"You can open them," Amy says, and you find her standing excitedly a few feet in front of you, fidgeting giddily. "I didn't want to ruin the surpriiiiise. I made you a thing. I'll show you later. /No peeking/!"

You laugh. "Okay, okay."

"...Nate's in your bunk."

"Yeah," you say dreamily. "We got drunk bu' I won an' he said he loved me like I love you like you love him like Fetch loves talkin' funny. It was nice. He's /nice/."

"Aww, Briii," Amy coos; you can see her little heart melting in sympathetic happiness. She looks so pretty...

You are Amy the Dungeonbreaker, and Brianna is getting up from her chair and wrapping her arms around you, just behind your neck. Your heart pounds.

"H-hey," you chide, a little weakly. "You're drunk."

The nipping kiss she puts on your neck sends an electric thrill down your skin that is anything but innocent.

"M'bunk's empty," the necromancer purrs.

> No, Bri, you're drunk. C'mon, let me tuck you in.
> Say that again sober and I'd love to.
> ...It is kinda empty.
>>
>>44274296
>Say that again sober and I'd love to.
>>
>>44274296
>>
>>44274296
>No, Bri, you're drunk. C'mon, let me tuck you in.
Is Amy a virgin? We know Bri isn't, thanks to Mark
>>
>>44274296
>>
>>44274296
>No, Bri, you're drunk. C'mon, let me tuck you in.
Amy's too caring for the other choices. Though she might give Bri a deep kiss when she puts her to bed.
>>
>>44274296
> ...It is kinda empty.
We should... supervise. Make sure they don't do anything they regret (leaving us out of). Also, they probably are too drunk to do too much beyond cuddling anyways. Now, in the morning...
>>
>>44274333
It's generally safe to assume that most of the adult population isn't. There's more of a dating/casual culture, with exceptions for particular communities or religions, and there's a sort of unspoken expectation that a relationship or three might bottom out before you find the person (or people...) that are For You.

This is why it was seen as weird that Nate didn't Do The Thing.
>>
>>44274296
>Say that again sober and I'd love to.
Amy is not one to take advantage of someone who saved them.
>>
>>44274424
So much like real life
>>
>>
>>44274468
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>44274296
Somehow I think Amy of all people would be big on the whole consent thing. Something about being trapped in a cage and forced to lure people to their death against her will. Just... seems like she'd be big on things being voluntary, you know?
>>
>>44274424
>Do The Thing
I feel bad I don't think I get this
The Nasty?
The Beast with Two Backs?
Throw me a bone, I've never boned
>>
File: Brooks, Informal.jpg (7 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
Brooks, Informal.jpg
7 KB, 243x207
>>44274526
Nathan turned down legions of folks interested in The Dick and/or attempting a relationship while he was still hiding the whole Woundseeker thing. This was seen as strange, and only a few people really understood why.

This is part of why his experience with Brooks was a big deal. He trusted her enough to be himself.
>>
>>44271899
I understood tha reference!
>>
>>44274562
Ah.
>>
Called, writing.
>>
File: Amy Objects.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
Amy Objects.png
425 KB, 405x600
>>44274296
"Bri," you murmur, but all that gets you is another (heavenly) kiss, so you put your hands on her upper chest and push her gently away from you.

Her brown eyes look so confused.

"Bri," you begin again, "say that to me sober and I'd share your bunk in a heartbeat. You know I want you. But you're not sober, and this wouldn't be right. You know that, don't you?"

The dark necromancer looks down, crestfallen. "...Yeah..."

"It's not because I don't care about you," you soothe. "It's 'cause I care about you a lot. Okay?"

You hug her, and she hugs you back. You chirp in surprise and pleasure when she scritches your hair, and you rub your head against her hand.

She's so good at that.

"I'll show you your present tomorrow," you promise. "Go on, cuddle in with Nate."

You tuck Brianna in and kiss her forehead. There's a protest of "But I'm not sleepy," which you reply to by pulling a chair up next to the bed. You stroke her hair, and she coos tiredly.

"...I'm scared," Bri admits in a small voice.

"Why are you scared?" you ask gently.

"Because...because I've never done serious," Bri explains, slowly. "There was this guy I almost, but then I got ran out of town. An'. An' I don't wanna hurt either of you, or lose you, an' I don't know what I'm doing..."

> Bri, no one really knows what they're doing
> We won't leave, Bri
> Go to sleep, Bri. This is just the drink making you sad.
>>
>>44274632
Hey vox just caught up with the thread and just wanted to express my thanks and admiration of what you have accomplished. Also was the lamia writer blue in colour [\spoiler]?
>>
> We won't leave, Bri
>>
>>44274871
We're just taking it as it goes.
>>
>>44274871
> "We won't leave, Bri. At least I won't, but I don't think he will either." We're not going to speak for Nathan, not and make promises, but... Yeah.
>>
>>44274871
>Bri, no one really knows what they're doing
>>
>>44274871
>> Bri, no one really knows what they're doing
it might be harder for YOU more often than not, but we'll be there.
>>
>>44274871
But we must be doing something right.
>>
File: 1447030572971.png (14 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1447030572971.png
14 KB, 166x166
>>44274880
Thank you anon! Anything in particular stand out?

And no.
>>
>>44274923
>This
>>
>>44274923
This
Thjis is my vote
>>
>>44274296
>Buuuut Nates in the bunk bunk not empty butwecandowhat or um your drunk Bri
>>
>>44274975
I think your characters and interactions are best.>>44274993
>>
>>44274975
I like the touch of cynicism you put in the character interactions. Too many quests are either too naive or too cynical.
>>
>>44275016
My refresh failed me :( and captcha was pancakes too

>>44274871
>squeeze in with the drunk people, Nate will be all flustered when he wakes up.
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
>>44275204
Spent the day reading the archives. Solid writing and characterization. And I am really enjoying the pacing. The story keeps moving along. Too many quests bog down with little choices.
>>
File: death.jpg (49 KB, 642x744) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
49 KB, 642x744
>>44274871
We had a tie, so I'm breaking on the side of the one I feel fits Amy better.

You tuck a lock of Brianna's hair behind her ear. "I'm not going to leave, Bri," you murmur. "You're my friend. You didn't ask for my heart."

"You mean it?" comes the small voice, full of hope.

"I mean it," you promise. "Sometimes stuff happens between friends, and it can be sad, but that's not a reason to ruin a perfectly good friendship. Okay?"

"Okay," she murmurs, sleepily. She hugs Nathan closer to herself and tucks her head into the back of his neck.

You smile, a little wistfully, and kiss Nathan's forehead. You should really grab the pretty Hero soon, take him on a date or something. There's this tree, near Glen, with an amazing view...

You sigh and ascend to your nest. It's been a long, but pretty good, day. Some sleep will do you good.

You are Brianna la Croix, and you are grimly certain that this unexpected sobriety you're feeling in Lora's waiting room is going to make the hangover feel oh-so-much fucking worse.

The angel is unchained. In fact, she seems curiously mild, at the moment. Silently, she takes a cigar out, lights it, and hands it to you.

You take a puff and choke. This is even worse than the cigarettes, somehow. This is like smoking the scorn of a god. This is like gagging on zombie cock. You can see your life flashing before your eyes.

So of course you smoke about a quarter of it before the silence finally gets to you. "Don't feel like talking?"

Lora sighs. "Alas, you'll find me impaired this time. 'tis forced on me to speak in rhyme."

"...What?"

"And just to twist my holy tit, turns out that I'm shit at it," she adds, lighting her own cigar. "Still, if it's questions it'll be, best to get to askin' me."

Wat.
>>
>>44275539
And I forgot the

> What do you ask?
>>
>>44275539
I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL PISTOL WHIP YOU VOX IF THE NEXT GUY'S NAME IS JASON BLOOD
>>
>do the holders of your chains know everything i ask you?
>>
>>44275576
I have no idea who this is or why you are angry but I'm going to laugh anyway because this amuses me.
>>
>>44275539
>Why are you smoking this shit? Why am I smoking this shit?

>What do you think of the Keepers and Rose Cultists? Annoying? Doing their job the best they can? Respectable?
>>
>>44275596
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrigan_the_Demon

I
HATE
RHYMING
>>
>>44275585
Seconded.
>>
>>44275624
>I
>HATE
>RHYMING

opinion_discarded.gif
>>
>>44275566
backing >>44275585
>>
>>44275539
Do we have a pen and paper because this is bullshit.

>Anybody in the third floor we need to know about?
>>
File: No escape.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
No escape.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>44275624
>>
>>44275539
Rhyming isn't too hard if you get to ignore the meter

Hell, if you can ignore phonetics it's even better!
>>
>>44275585
This and the smoking questions from 5610

I get she is probably compelled to smoke them but why do we keep doing it? is it just our oral fixation taking over?
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1196x1093) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1196x1093
>>44275758

>oral fixation
>>
>>44275758
Lora smokes them on purpose.

Bri keeps smoking them to be polite.

These two facts may be related.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.