[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have an Eberron thread /tg/? This is one of my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: splash.jpg (208 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
splash.jpg
208 KB, 640x575
Can we have an Eberron thread /tg/?

This is one of my favorite D&D settings, next to Dark Sun. I love the blend of pulp, steampunk, noir & fantasy elements. Such a versatile setting, you could be a daring archaeologist/spelunker exploring the forgotten Cambodian-esque ruins of Xen'drik in a pulp-like adventure, or you could be an effete socialite plotting within the spires of Sharn, orchestrating a conspiracy of saboteurs to consolidate power.

It's freaking awesome.
>>
>>44268067
You don't have to sell it me man I love Eberron. Damn shame nothing's happened with it lately. Necromantic elves with skull makeup give me instant nerd boner everytime.
>>
>Such a versatile setting, you could be a daring archaeologist/spelunker exploring the forgotten Cambodian-esque ruins of Xen'drik in a pulp-like adventure, or you could be an effete socialite plotting within the spires of Sharn, orchestrating a conspiracy of saboteurs to consolidate power.

You could also play magical girls/boys in Sharn who attend school by day and battle all sorts of clandestine monsters prowling the towers at night, from rakshasas of the Lords of Dust, to aberrant agents of the Dragon Below, to dream-warping quori of the Dreaming Dark (though they had best seal those quori in soul gems, sort of like "quori captors").
>>
>>44270178
>magical girls/boys

Stop.
>>
What you want to talk about, op?

Planning a game in it as we speak. Just got characters in and now filling in random encounters and some early plot hooks for when we start in the Shadow Marshes.
>>
>>44270203
Not him but when I read that more as Harry Potter than magical girl. That being said I know Harry Potter isn't everyone's jam.

>>44270213
Not OP, but if you had to pick any non-DnD system to run an Eberron game, what would it be?
>>
>>44270374

Not him, but I'd use Savage Worlds or some other setting agnostic system like GURPS
>>
>>44270525
I guess I should have asked why as well.

I've heard Savage Worlds used a lot for Eberron.
>>
>>44270374
Ive run it with the strike kickstarter several months ago and it was okay.

Been thinking lately of doing either gurps or nwod but it is just easier to use 3.5 and 4e with my group.
>>
File: 125662_edit_lr_web.jpg (54 KB, 688x440) Image search: [Google]
125662_edit_lr_web.jpg
54 KB, 688x440
>>44268067
Trying my hand at running an eberron game in 5e soon.

My first foray into the setting and also in trying to run a political game.
>>
>>44270845
>nwod
More of a magic mystery game or something? My one hand at NWoD was both really fun and really eye-rolling (eye-rolling was really 1.5 of the players).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.