[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D 4e Builds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: dnd.jpg (21 KB, 421x120) Image search: [Google]
dnd.jpg
21 KB, 421x120
What are some of your favourite builds to run in 4e?
>>
I'm a novice to 4e, still playing in my first game, but I'm loving playing a Bravura Warlord. We're not super worrying about optimization but I'm having a blast mostly building around theme and concept.

Being a big damn hero, taking stupid risks and only getting more dangerous when bloodied is amazingly fun to play. My Warlord is a heroic Dragonborn, surprisingly hotblooded despite her natural cold breath. In addition to fun Warlord stuff I'm putting a lot of feats into her Dragon Breath, aiming for the Draconic Blade Paragon Path because spamming Dragon Breath with action points and enabling frostcheese seems potentially hilarious.
>>
Dragonborn Monk can be pretty fun.
>>
>>44266602
depends on the style of game im playing.

when its a more lighthearted adventure i like to play a melee bard and play it as the charismatic swashbuckling type.

in a more serious game i dont have any favorite build, so long as i can make it work
>>
>>44266602
Paladin|Fighter hybrid into Champion of Order.

You tried doing anything but attacking my ridiculous defenses? Sucks to be you, you get an opportunity and an interrupt!
>>
>>44266602
Knight, quarterstaff option for the knight's defense power, Arcane Initiate feat grabbing magic missile, Staff Expertise, Wizard of the Spiral Tower paragon path. Your Longsword is now a staff implement and a double weapon.
>>
File: 1368642700631.jpg (180 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
1368642700631.jpg
180 KB, 751x1063
>>44267183
>melee bard
>>
Lazy Warlord, easy. It's pretty fun and the perfect build for a min maxer to play in a group of non optimizers.

Barring that, I have a soft spot for Blackguards and Psions.

Honorable mention to Vestige Warlocks.
>>
I've never played 4e as a player, only a DM, but Brawler Fighter looks fun.
>>
I really like playing Tactical Warlords, especially Eladrin Tactical Warlords that go into Spiral Tactician. Teleporting is fun.

Speaking of teleporting, I like playing swordmage|warlock so I can grab Ethereal Step at level 10. Or just straight up Warlock so I can have ES. Teleporting is fun and I even homebrewed my own teleport-based Epic Destiny.
>>
>>44268027
This.
Lazy Warlord is great because you are contributing effectively to the game while letting all your friends feel good. And it engages the tactical aspect of the game perfectly.
In a nutshell it's everything good with 4e in one class package.
>>
Would anyone like assistance with D&D 4e character optimization? I know a decent amount of the system and can help piece together various builds.

If so, it would be helpful if you were to mention:
1. Above all else, what the builds of the other players are, assuming they already have builds in mind.
2. The specific type of build you are aiming to accomplish, not just in terms of mechanical role, but also methods of achieving that role and the overall type of flavor you would like to have.
3. Your starting level.
4. The highest level you expect the campaign to reach.
5. What sources are allowed.
6. What bonus feats you are entitled to, if any.
7. Whether or not themes will be allowed.
8. What magic items you are entitled to, and whether or not you will be using inherent bonuses.
9. How much you dislike a build being dependent on specific magic items.
10. How much value you place on noncombat skills and rituals compared to combat benefits.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.