[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Certain Academic City Quest II Ep 49
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: Academy City.jpg (291 KB, 1600x810) Image search: [Google]
Academy City.jpg
291 KB, 1600x810
Welcome to Academy City. The time is morning, the weather is murky, and the date is February 1.

You are Kyril Torikov, Level 3 telekinetic ‘superhero’ and you were only slightly annoyed. Given the events of yesterday, you had partially expected to jump through some hoops today. You just hadn’t figured that acquiring Asuka’s company for the day would involve going through her mother. At least you didn’t have to brave Tokiwadai’s Outer Dormitory. Regardless, you needed Asuka. She was going to be instrumental to your plans for the day and it was unlikely that she would turn down the chance for some premeditated murder. The Guild had attempted to kill you and Kyousuke the day prior. It was only fair that you tried to kill them right back. That your friend Nakazawa was nearly caught in the crossfire, and on his birthday no less, was beside the point.

As for the hoop that you had to jump through, well, it had to do with Touma yet again. He had come home yesterday. You knew since you had picked him up at the airport. Regardless, Asuka’s mother, the Lady London, had requested that you bring him along if you wanted any chance of walking away with Asuka in your arms. The Lady London had also used words like, “Her Royal Highness,” “fiancée,” and, “double date,” so you were also rather curious about what Touma had been up to in Europe. That, and why had he returned alone. Kaoru was not with him. The problem was whether it was better to show up as VERDICT or as your civilian persona. Knowing the kind of circles the Lady London ran in, Touma’s new girl was undoubtedly Code M. Then again, Asuka’s mother had received a call from “Ilyena’s boy,” your civilian persona. It would be awfully suspicious to show up as VERDICT now.

In the end, you picked Touma up and went as,
>VERDICT
>Kyril Torikov

Info: http://pastebin.com/x6GsFVTj
>>
>>44249192
>Kyril Torikov
>>
>>44249192
>Kyril Torikov
>>
File: Lady Kudou smiling.jpg (87 KB, 718x718) Image search: [Google]
Lady Kudou smiling.jpg
87 KB, 718x718
You went and picked Touma up as Kyril Torikov. It had the added benefit of not having to change costumes while under observation. The only downside was that you were subject to public transportation. You weren’t surprised that the Index was tagging along as you accompanied them to the British Embassy. The guards had stiffened considerably when they caught sight of your party.

“So, does he get a title when he marries or?”

“He does not,” Index answered your question, “Probably. It’s complicated.”

You had been chatting about the British Peerage and other such honours. Your curiosity had mostly come from the fact that the Lady London was obviously Japanese.

“I’m not marrying her, this whole fiancée thing is just a big misunderstanding,” Touma complained.

It went unheard, at least for the two of you.

“Hmph, going back on your words so soon? How despicable?”
The figure of the Second Princess of the United Kingdom was wreathed in an intense yellow. There were no visible weapons on her person. Strangely, or perhaps unsurprisingly, there were no journalists laying in wait.

“Your Highness,” the Index curtsied.

“Such misfortune,” Touma brought palm to face.

“Sister,” the Princess returned, “and who may you be?”

She had turned to address you next.

“Kyril Torikov,” you replied casually.

You hadn’t felt the need to bow and the Princess. Likewise she regarded you coolly.

“Carissa, Military Attaché,” her reply carried a professional air.

“Your Highness, there you are,” the Lady London’s voice carried through the courtyard, “Well, what are you doing man? Let them in.”

Nervously, the guards unlocked the gate and ushered your party inside. The gate swung shut with a resounding clang. Accompanying her mother was Asuka herself.

“A bit of advice, it’s never nice to keep a lady waiting,” the crazy woman continued.

You were pretty sure the look of annoyance on both the Princess and your girlfriend wasn’t because they had been waiting.

[1/2]
>>
>>44250230
“Come, come, we have freshly baked scones and tea,” the Lady London invited.

The Index’s eyes lit up and Touma grimaced. This was a prime opportunity to get the story out of him though you as well had things to do today.

>Accept her invitation
>Make your excuses
>>
>>44250244
> Accept her invitation
Who would have thought we would be rubbing shoulders with royalty.
>>
>>44250244
>Accept her invitation

"Hey boss! Where were you?"

"Sorry, I was having tea with a princess"
>>
What kind of tea?
What kind of scones?
>>
“Then I’ll gladly take up your offer,” you replied politely.

You then were led off to a small sitting room. The Index couldn’t quite contain herself after the first round of scones and had gone looking for the kitchen. She dragged the Lady London away with her. So for the first few minutes since you woke up, peace and calm filled the room. You had to admit, the butter scones went well with strawberry jam. The four of you sat around a table, softly enjoying breakfast. Touma sat across from you, the girls on either side. It was Asuka who first broke the silence,

“So dear, it would seem you require my presence later today.”

“That I do,” you replied, “We’ll be paying a visit to the Guild later.”

“And this visit, it is to secure the property?” the Princess asked.

“Do not bother Your Highness, he is, in, as some may say.”

Now it was your turn to be confused. Touma bailed you out,

“Yeah, he’s in on the plan.”

“I find it hard to believe,” Her Highness said, “Given that we have yet to tell anyone.”

“He doesn’t look like it, but he was Teacher’s last student.”

The Princess turned at Touma’s words.

“Last I heard, he was dead,” she observed.

“I got better,” you replied flatly, “Care to tell me what you’ve been up to then?”

“Sure, I owe you at least that much, we found a way to help your friend,” he gestured at the Princess, “Remember what they said about Ollerus hiding behind reality?”

You did.

“Well while Asuka’s uncle’s sword can reach through the dimensions, it really can’t do much more than hurt him. Though Teacher told me it has an equal chance of hurting Kyouko by accident too. So of course, we found something that can break down the barrier between dimensions.”

[1/2]
>>
>>44251069
“And suddenly, the reason mother entrusted me with Curtana for this excursion finally makes sense,” Princess Carissa nodded, “You are not asking us to fight for you. You simply need us for a large scale ritual. I presume then that Mr. Torikov will be providing the land whilst Teacher will be providing the muscle.”

“Indeed, and if you stay a while, well,” Asuka smiled, “We shall be in for the fight of the century.”

That explained a lot, but that still didn’t answer the question of,
>Why Kaoru had not returned
>Some other question (write-in)
>Actually, you had no further questions
>>
>>44251082

Did she get lost?
>>
>>44251082
>>
>>44251082
>>
File: Asuka sipping.jpg (12 KB, 143x236) Image search: [Google]
Asuka sipping.jpg
12 KB, 143x236
That was just like Asuka to say something like that. You took a sip of tea before you turned to Touma.

“So where is Kaoru?” you asked.

“The Sikh and Teacher had left by the time we had returned from Berlin,” Carissa answered in his stead, “While everyone was tight-lipped on the reason of their departure. I would have investigated more but alas we had to secure my arrival to this fair City.”

So that meant Teacher was not done with his preparations yet. While you weren’t sure what he had in store for Kaoru, you could get a clue from asking about Touma’s adventure.

“And Berlin?” you continued.

The Princess’ expression became blank as she picked up her cup brought it to her mouth for a suspiciously long time. On Touma’s end, he had started reddening so much that even you could come to certain conclusions. You shared a smile with Asuka, letting her take the lead in interrogation as you settled in for a show,

“Allow me to put forth my hypothesis dear. While I’m sure Kamijou-san was the perfect gentleman, Her Royal Highness and himself have gone through a series of events that has led to a certain amount of intimacy. No doubt this is related to an altercation with the German authorities that my mother had informed me of regarding a high speed chase along the Autobahn. So, on the lam, these two must have resorted to rather risqué methods in which to evade the authorities and pursuit. One of which, I assume, is to pose as a newlywed couple. How close am I so far Your Highness?”

Princess Carissa forcefully set down her cup. Her expression had grown strained as Asuka talked.

“Unfortunately, Her Majesty has decreed that all such events are most likely fabrications with no basis in reality,” the Princess replied, “As such, any information pertaining to my sojourn in Berlin is classified as for Her Eyes Only.”

“Of course,” Asuka agreed with a poorly concealed smile.

[1/2]
>>
>>44251721
The clock chimed and you noted that you had spent a considerable time taking tea.

“We really should get going,” you told Asuka.

“Yes, we should,” your girlfriend nodded, “Steal me away from the clutches of my horrible mother. That and we shall give Her Highness the privacy she needs with her fiancé.”

As you moved to get up, you caught Touma’s pleading expression.

“Get me out of here,” was his silent, unvoiced plea.

As his friend, you,
>Let him come with you
>Refused him
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44251767
>Refused him
>>
>>44251767
> Other
"I'm sorry, my friend, but this is for your own good."
>>
>>44251767
>>Refused him
we don't need him moral fagging on us when we go kill people
>>
>>44251767
>Other (write-in)
honestly, I think you would prefer it here for now. Catch a movie later?
>>
File: District 10.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
District 10.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
“I’m sorry my friend but this is for your own good,” you told Touma.

“Quite, I would be most displeased if you came on to my dear Kyril,” Asuka warned.

“Besides, if she’s anything like Asuka, you’ll enjoy it soon enough,” you finished.

With a smirk, the two of you left a flustered Touma and an indignant British princess alone. Thankfully, no one had barred the two of you from exiting the embassy.

The time is now afternoon, the weather is cloudy, and the date remains unchanged.

Before you was another entertainment establishment. The difference was that this one belonged to the Guild. Etzali had come through on his end and now sitting inside were the four leaders that controlled the Guild. A cursory inquiry revealed the nature of their defences. Whilst highly capable, and motivated, the average gangbanger that served the Guild leadership was simply driven by fear. Their leaders had little qualms with killing and disposing of members at the drop of a hat. It was counter-balanced by the amount of that doled out in recompense. The carrot and the stick, as it were. While you had not managed to get actual names to look up in the Anti-Skill and Judgement databases, rumours stated that the Guild leadership were all at least Level 3 Ability Users.

You had brought Asuka along to even the odds. 2:1 was better than 4:1. You were even hoping that one of them would more of a supporting role. That they might also know how to fight as a team was another point to take in to consideration. Asuka had been briefed of course and in a fight such as this, she was willing to let you take the lead. That did not mean that she would not strike with all the power and assets that she had at her disposal. Sagara and Tadakuni were waiting for your signal.

It was time to,
>Kick down the front door
>Walk in like you owned the place
>Other plan (write-in)
>>
>>44252381
>>
>>44252381
Bring the building down on top of them with TK
>>
>>44252381
>>Kick down the front door
>>
>>44252381
>>
>>44252381
>>
File: Guild leaders.png (200 KB, 930x238) Image search: [Google]
Guild leaders.png
200 KB, 930x238
The punk at the door only managed to get his partner’s attention before you shot him in the head. His viscera-covered partner only managed to convey his shock before he lost his head in the most literal way. The ruckus at the door was enough to draw attention and that was when Sagara and Tadakuni set to work. There were three more who greeted you behind the door. The Dean made a pointed introduction as you smashed two more gangers through the door leading in to the main hall. Stepping through, you were greeted with silence. A brief head count totalled about forty gangbangers with disproportionately more guns. That they had pulled them out and started waving them in an unpractised fashion had you only slightly worried.

“Stay close,” you told Asuka.

You felt her sidle up behind you, back to back. That had to be enough as you defined the area around you and resorted to a familiar trick. There were so many little objects and they were all flying so fast. This wasn’t just a blender, it was a veritable tornado of debris that you had picked up and whirled about. Idly, you realised that your body count was approaching three digits, if it hadn’t gone past it already. The fact hardly bothered you though. Someday it might.

“Dear, we have company,” Asuka spoke.

The hall was painted red. You were more disturbed by the stench. Frowning, you gazed upon the far wall where the four leaders of the Guild had come through. They were all young women, tattooed, and dressed mostly normally. The distinguishing features were a bunny/maid costume, a backpack similar to Nayuta’s, a newsboy cap, and a plain school uniform. Before they could speak, you still had the initiative to strike down,

>The maid
>The backpack
>The cap
>The school uniform
>>
>>44253229
>The backpack
>>
>>44253229
>The backpack
>>
>>44253229
>The maid
>>
>>44253229
>>The backpack
>>
File: Hat greeting.png (222 KB, 1100x620) Image search: [Google]
Hat greeting.png
222 KB, 1100x620
You had squeezed off a shot at the backpack wearing girl. Her three compatriots shifted focus for just that one instant before you pulled the trigger again. The bullet became a molten mess before it could hit your next target.

“You shot the wrong girl idiot,” the one with the cap spoke.

You had been running a facial recognition search as she spoke. The Cap didn’t seem to have an Ability but the other two definitely did. The Maid was a psychokinetic, controlling paper, whilst School Uniform was also a psychokinetic except she controlled the coefficient of friction in an area around her. The girl you had shot was a clairvoyant. It didn’t matter now. There were only three.

“I heard about you,” she continued, “Think you can come in here.”

“How about you stop blathering,” Asuka shut her up.

It took a moment for Cap to realise that she could no longer talk. Watching her gesticulate in your direction was kinda funny.

“You can’t just tell them to kill themselves?” you asked.

“Where is the fun in that?” your girlfriend replied.

Maid girl probably took a hit, her dress falling apart to form countless slips of paper. She probably wasn’t one for modesty, especially when you were trying to kill each other. It warped to form shell around you. Asuka poked it with the Dean. It didn’t give.

“I suppose I should give them some credit,” she said, “I hereby swear that I forbid the existence of something which I cannot cut.”

The dome split open as you watched a grenade fly your way. A small wave and it was sent sailing back at the Guild. Maid caught in her bundle of paper, preparing to redirect the explosion your way as Asuka charged her. School Uniform stepped in between them and would have halted your girlfriend if you hadn’t swatted her aside with your telekinesis. The force lifted her up and pinned her to the ceiling. You wanted to see if she could affect the coefficient of friction from way up there.

[1/2]
>>
>>44254224
Asuka meanwhile had dropped in to a low lunge, cleaving through Maid’s paper constructs and Cap raised a gun in her direction. The Maid’s face was twisted in despair as the Dean fell upon her. You,

>Trusted Asuka to handle herself
>Take Cap out next
>Finish with School Uniform
>>
>>44254271
>Take Cap out next
>>
>>44254224
>Take Cap out next
>>
File: force crush.gif (3 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
force crush.gif
3 MB, 400x240
>>44254271
>Take Cap out next

Force Crush
>>
>>44254271
>Take Cap out next
>>
File: Guild panic.png (237 KB, 753x463) Image search: [Google]
Guild panic.png
237 KB, 753x463
Even without CADRE, you were able to recognised and reassess threats in an ever-changing environment that was the battlefield. Asuka was perhaps too intents on finishing off the maid so you had to make sure her back was guarded. Cap had her pistol trained on Asuka but not for long. Her arm bent and wrapped itself around her.

“Wha?”

That was her only utterance as you brought force to bear on her. There was more than just the snapping of bones, there was also a short-lived scream. You had driven what’s left of the air out of her lungs. Even her distinctive cap was crumpled and her bodily slowly imploded on itself. The Dean had cut clean through the Maid and Asuka hadn’t even a chance to wipe off the blade before she shouted,

“Miss.”

A bang resounded but it was not from your gun. It must have been some kind of anti-materiel round as it exploded out your shoulder. At first, you felt numb, and the flood of pain hit. It wasn’t as bad as you thought since it was simply a spike of pain. You bled profusely from it though, your left arm lying detached on the floor by your feet. School Uniform had a magnum in her hand. Asuka had the Dean up and ready to charge as the Maid lay choking on her own blood.

“Call it a draw?” School Uniform finally asked.

She might as well be begging for her life at this point. Still, you needed to make sure the wound didn’t kill you. That and you didn’t think you could concentrate on maintaining the calculations for your Ability. You were much too preoccupied with staunching your bleeding. School Uniform drew a bead on Asuka. Without taking her eye off the enemy she asked you,

“What do you say dear?”

>What say?
>>
>>44254977
"Let's call it 'you leave with your life'. We have backup outside and other hitters on call. You piss off, and we forget we ever had a beef with you. Sound square?"
>>
>>44254977

>>44255042
something along these lines is fine

"I think we've come out ahead on this round. Its unwise to get in a war with us. We prefer to send enemies to the morgue rather than the hospital. Continued aggression will be met with continued reprisals. nobody makes money from these petty conflicts,but I have no qualms making change on your 500 yen asses if need be."
>>
File: Seike.png (139 KB, 1100x620) Image search: [Google]
Seike.png
139 KB, 1100x620
Honestly, what was she expecting you to say? It was hard enough trying to stay conscious. To make an important decision and form an articulate sentence was probably too much. Still, you had to give the girl an answer.

“Fine, we square. But, start shit, get hit.”

That was about as eloquent you could be given the circumstances. School Uniform lowered the gun. Asuka followed.

“What is your name child?” she asked.

“Seike.”

“We shall remember that.”

Asuka sheathed the Dean as she walked over to you. It was hard enough trying to stay upright so you had to thank her for grabbing your left arm off the floor.

“Need a hand?”

Maybe not then and you tried to look annoyed at her. At least you could still walk out under your own power.

The time is evening, the weather is stinging, and the date remains unchanged.

You thought Heaven Canceller was more annoyed you bled all over his hospital floor than seeing you again for the second day in a row. Deep down, he probably missed good company. That or it was the painkillers talking again.

“Definitely the painkillers,” Sagara agreed.

Tadakuni and Sagara had managed to empty out the Guild’s coffers. Come tomorrow even the lowliest gang would be paid more than anyone who stuck with the Guild. All that for the low, low price of your arm. While you could have had your arm re-attached right away, they simply made sure you didn’t bleed to death before cutting you up further. At least you were laid up in the same room as Kyousuke, who had yet to wake up.

“Does Nakazawa know the good news?” you asked them.

“That depends on whether he thinks this is good news or not,” Sagara replied, “What do you think?”

He was obviously asking the other two conscious Problem Children. Tadakuni shrugged. Asuka’s answer proved to be more longwinded,

“Does he value your well-being more than the retribution? I do not have a measure of his character so I cannot tell.”

As you were going to answer, a visitor entered the room.

[1/2]
>>
>>44255730
>Nayuta
>Nakazawa
>>
>>44255730
>Nakazawa
>>
>>44255730
>Nakazawa
>>
>>44255748
>Nayuta
>>
>>44255748
>Nakazawa
>>
File: Nakazawa.png (158 KB, 293x491) Image search: [Google]
Nakazawa.png
158 KB, 293x491
Asuka got up to fetch you, in her own words, “a gouter,” and left. In her place, Nakazawa came storming in. His gaze fell on your arm. Rather, his gaze fell on your lack of a left arm. Worry mixed with fear on his face.

“Don’t worry, it’ll grow back,” you hefted your prosthetic with your right arm, “How’d he get here so fast?”

“Well, when you’re transferred a large sum of money out of nowhere with a suspicious message, you tend to look for the most likely suspects,” Tadakuni said.

“And by that he meant we left him a note,” Sagara explained.

“Some note,” Nakazawa added dryly, “I have more than enough to buy two Bugattis and then some.”

“This is the part where we tell you that you really don’t want to know where it came from,” Sagara answered, “As far as anyone can tell, I just emptied my account for you.”

“Yeah, I guess that kind of money is hard to launder,” Nakazawa nodded, “I’m not stupid. What I want to know is if it’s done.”

Sagara and Tadakuni gestured to you.

“I didn’t even lose an arm, they begged for mercy, and now they know not to fuck with me and mine,” you nodded at Sagara.

“Pretty much, I think everyone’s going to know who the real power in District 10 is now,” your second assured, “Well, at least until the next fool comes around and tries to bump you off.”

“And there’s probably no shortage of that,” Tadakuni added.

“Well enough about me, how’d you two get in to their accounts in the first place?”

The other two went in to detail on how they managed the sneak by, especially after the ruckus you caused. Nakazawa was half-amused and half-sceptical of the whole sequence of events. That probably had to do with the whitewashing of your distraction as it were. Asuka then returned with more than just a snack. Trailing behind her was,

>Her Royal Highness, Princess Carissa
>Your angry, angry boss, Nayuta
>>
>>44256742
>>
>>44256742
>Her Royal Highness, Princess Carissa
>>
>>44256742
>>
>>44256742
>>
File: Kihara Nayuta.jpg (243 KB, 529x700) Image search: [Google]
Kihara Nayuta.jpg
243 KB, 529x700
“Nii-chan,” the word accompanied her entrance like a sibilant hiss.

You froze as Nakazawa looked on confused.

“Dear I seem to have found your errant attending physician,” Asuka smiled.

Now it was Nakazawa’s turn to be shocked. At least he wouldn’t notice how you tried to hide your face behind your palm.

“If I didn’t know you better then I would have thought that you were running away from work,” Nayuta practically jumped in to your lap.

It was a necessity given that she was much too short otherwise.

“Well?” she continued, “What do you have to say for yourself?”

“Uh, sorry?” you went with that first.

“Tsk, tsk, nii-chan,” she shook her head, “Do you know how hard it is to replace one of these?”

She held up your right hand. Incidentally, her twintails had hit you while she shook her head.

“Much more than you think, so no nii-chan, sorry won’t cut it,” she shook her head again, “It’s, ‘please give me a new arm Nayuta-sama, I will never damage it again, Nayuta-sama, I’ll pay it off this time, Nayuta-sama,’ got it?”

She wasn’t honestly expecting you to say that out loud now was she? Tadakuni had slipped out his phone.

“Well?”

Guess not. It wasn’t like you could borrow Touma’s catch phrase either since this was all on you.
Episode End.
https://twitter.com/BoredofDirector
Fresh legs. There will be options for re-armament. Will these hands ever feel again? When writefag and /tg/ meet, the story begins.
Gotta run, see you all next week.
>>
>>44257282
thanks for running
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.