[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most evil / funniest thing you ever subjected your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13
File: 1360012871991.gif (497 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
1360012871991.gif
497 KB, 300x126
What is the most evil / funniest thing you ever subjected your players to?
>>
File: 1347312382002.gif (1 MB, 214x153) Image search: [Google]
1347312382002.gif
1 MB, 214x153
Evil Clown House

A completely by the book evil clown, with non-lethal pranks to be the most annoying shit ever. Fighting inside an appropriately themed madhouse.

Fun moments include:
> Constant bike horns and laughter from nowhere and everywhere.
> Heavily trapped hallway with clown jokes such as sprinklers, stink bombs, boxing gloves to the nads
> Lubed hallway leading to a glass window, failing acrobatics would mean you'd often take fall damage.
> Trapdoor leading into a deep ballpit.
> Chest full of bananium coins. Completely worthless.
> Fake magical weapons that bent when used.
> Clown kidnapping a PC with a "Lets put a smile on that face", PC was found later with lipstick smile.
> Acid Cream Pie touch attack
> Curse of the Cluwne, Spellcaster had to succeed a concentration check or Honk mid-spell, ruining itè
> Clown Mech boss battle.

Yes, I played a lot of SS13 back in the days. I'm probably gonna run it again with my new group.
>>
>>44230131

I once sent them on a fetch quest for an item that was

A) Cursed, but not immediately apparently so (It would react badly in the presence of the clerics of a major church, causing irrational hostility all around)

B) Was worth way more than what the guy who commissioned them was paying for its return.

Thus making it very likely that they would in fact abscond with said magic weapon instead of delivering it; which was Just As Planned, as a means of pushing the PCs over towards the bad guys, as they started alienating a major benevolent force in setting.
>>
>>44230551
God I was subjected to something similar, some macguffin that we had to fetch, only for our employer to be assasinated, the item cursed (we couldn't get rid of it), and us now becoming the center of attention for every evil factions on the plane trying to steal it, including the one big evil god.

Shit was annoying.
>>
>>44230131
>What is the most evil / funniest thing you ever subjected your players to?
a land kraken, a species of Kraken that evolved to walk on land.
>it hadn't seen the party, and it was leaving the forest clearing.
>party had just hit lvl.2
>paladin started to say he was going to detect evil on it
>Wizard told him 'no' and let the thing be
>>
constant random encounters with low level wildlife

ROLL INITIATIVE
You notice a squirrel
>>
>>44230131
I once terrorized a town as The Clown that we were doing an investigation in. Thing is, I did so wearing a stealthed suit of Dreadnought Battlesuit.

All they heard was the squeaking... and then they got tangler-ed to walls and painted to look like clowns. Glorious.
>>
File: vargasni-watcher.jpg (184 KB, 1500x700) Image search: [Google]
vargasni-watcher.jpg
184 KB, 1500x700
>>44230385
I'm going to need you to tell me everything about this. Layout, details on traps, everything.
>>
File: 1337311919492.jpg (167 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1337311919492.jpg
167 KB, 600x450
>>44230131
Themselves.
>>
>>44230740
I do exactly that, but only when players constantly ROLL PERCEPTION WHAT DO I SEE. I'm struggling with the desire to someday use a bunch of squirrels and birds to TPK them.
>>
I'm not sure if I subjected them to it or they subjected themselves, but;

>Homebrew sci-fi game
>New solar system, they restocked at a space station
>Ex-SpecOps 'nam vet NPC selling weapons
>Retard edgelord of the group that claims to have been in another space nam gets into a fight with him despite excessive warnings
>Ends up with a laser hole in his gut
>Only doctor on the station is licenseless quack who is charging through the roof
>Gives discount if the player accepts experimental modifications that he wants to try
>Retard edgelords ends up with a tick that causes him to shout german phrases from time to time and his laser wound filled by a laser cannon that activated when he shouted

The rest of the campaign basically focused around trying to get the edgelord to either fire his stomachcannon or not fire his stomachcannon. He ruptured the hull of spacecraft several times causing an evacuation throughout that campaign as well as basically being the groups crowd control guy.

In hindsight, it was a retarded thing to give him and it was one of my first campaigns, but it caused some excessive hilarity.
>>
>>44233505
One of my players has a squirrel mafia after him, as they're pissed about him sleeping in the trees they store their nuts in.
They've attempted to kill him, since somehow figuring out that he's got a vicious nut allergy.
Party has also woken up surrounded by a swarm of easily spooked creatures.
Squirrelfoe fell out of a tree, entire herd flipped shit, near tpk.
>>
A shield that, at a random time every hour, randomly reasigns one stat point to a different stat. By the time the fighter figured it out his stats we all 9-13 with 11 strength.
>>
File: Dali_Elephants.jpg (29 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
Dali_Elephants.jpg
29 KB, 400x299
>>44230385
>Nightmare-Circus-Adventure
>I know that two players have a fear of clowns
>I know that one player hates things on stilts or with long, spindley legs (pic related)
>Have clowns commit violent "pranks" during the breaks
>Have circus NPCs they met earlier die horribly in accidents
>Have stilt-people walk around the circus tent
>Play "Entry of the Gladiators" by Julius Fucik the whole time
It took them over half of the show, before they started to interfere in the horror spectacle that was unfolding before their eyes.
One of teh few times I was actually able to infuse true horror in my players by plaing on their real-life fears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0
>>
>>44236078
Reminds me of that story where the DM asked his players to write their worst fears down, and had a giant spider-clown ubermonster breeding deep in the sewers.

Shit hilarious.
>>
>>44236573
>giant spider-clown ubermonster breeding deep in the sewers
Was the DM an author, by any chance?
>>
>>44236573
Sadly this only works for some people. I wouldn't be able to write down shit, when you asked me about my worst fear. So invariably you will most likely always be preying on those few players that have an actual strong fear of spiders or clowns or something other common and easily identifiable.
>>
>>44230131
D&D.
>>
>>44233511
Oh my God.

You made fucking Space Stroheim.
>>
>>44230385
>not chocolate coins
>>
File: 1444846234839.jpg (194 KB, 933x356) Image search: [Google]
1444846234839.jpg
194 KB, 933x356
i opened the box
>>
>>44239501
>SPACE 'NAM MEDICINE IS THE BEST MEDICINE IN THE GALAXY!
>>
I've a couple things.

One was though mazes were it's euclidean but non-linear sequence of rooms, were room 2 connects with rooms 4,7,10 that kind of thing. But the jerks guessed the correct path the first time. Kind of disappointing for me but oh well.

Another more generic things was a player deicied he wanted to play a dragonrider. Which I was totally down for.
We had an "accidental" rider in a previous campaign in that setting and is now a hero that nearly all the player can recite the expliots of despite only me (the gm) and one other player having actually been there.
So this new player's character grows up on tales of the Heroic Johann Lambisis.
The evilness is that he is the vilian! Which seemed to actually affect the player. But that wouldn't be evil if he remembered on small thing from the tales of Johann.
>>
File: 1409919793934.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1409919793934.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1200
>>44241960
Some hilarious things I want to incorporate.

A band of villians, called the Perfidious Performers, lead by the Malicous Maestro.
Various music themed villians include:
>The Pernicious Piper
Leads children/people to demise with his enchanting music
>The Violent Violinist
Kills people using the bow like a knife
>The Vengeful Vocalist
She goes on dates and then kills the men when the don't love her.
>The Aborhant Acordianist
>The Baleful Bagpiper
>The Horrid Harpist

I was also thinking of expanding the list to non-music performances
>Deadly Dancers
>Offensive Orator

Some are more powerful/deadly than others

All use awful puns
"I see you don't miss a beat"
"Took you all long enought to NOTE-ice me"
"I hope you're ready to REST (you know like, the note) for eternity."
"I don't think you've got the moves!" (Dancer)

That kind of thing.
>>
>>44242113
>Not using puns and alliteration for every major NPC.

It makes the names fun to make and easy to remember as a GM. But some like Finch Fenster, the party's fence get a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>44239501
Weird thing is, I only caught up with JoJo about 2 years after that campaign.
>>
>>44230131
Started placing playing cards in random places and when the party found it they almost tpk'd themselves fighting over whether to touch it or not. after the first death they agreed to sort of just place a bag of holding over it then scoot a piece of paper under and flip the whole bit over. Then they started finding more. Entire elaborate sometimes mousetrap style contraptions were made to get them in the bag. They're convinced it actually reaching into the bag will be me treating them as using ALL the cards (57 in total right now) at once. There's still serious debate on whether they should try and assemble the bag or once they find them all just pop it and let the cards be destroyed.
They're just plain playing cards that irresponsible card players leave lying around.
>>
>>44230131
>The Skelletown
>Place full of friendl Skelletons
>Doing their work as if they were still the peasants they used to be
>always cracking bone Jokes
>Players thought Quest was to kill Skelletons, not to stop them from having a huge ass Party
>Partys face when
>>
The Goat

> Players walk into a meadow with a lone goat
> They're relatively high level
> The goat is described as looking pretty normal, for a goat
> When disturbed, the goat gives a nasty evil look and a disturbing cry that could make a dragon piss its pants in fear.
> The goat is not to be messed with
> They mess with it anyway

The poor fools
>>
>>44246916
Story time?
>>
File: 1446429546309.jpg (32 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1446429546309.jpg
32 KB, 384x384
>>44246916
Please. I must know more.

...please...
>>
>>44246916
In Mother Russia, Goat gets YOU!

And yes, I want to know more.

>>44230884
Seconded.
>>
File: Goat1.jpg (115 KB, 2048x2016) Image search: [Google]
Goat1.jpg
115 KB, 2048x2016
>>44247079
The players decided to investigate the rumors of a major demon hiding in a forest labyrinth. The forest itself was ancients, the maze was ever-shifting, and going back on your tracks often sent you to a new area. Eventually, the PCs landed in the meadow with the lone goat, peacefully eating herbs. Its not hostile. The ranger decides to approach it and use wild empathy. He fails. The goat gives the nasty look, its eyes red hot embers, and let out the most evil cry ever heard. Its a warning. It is not to be disturbed.

The Ranger wants to roll knowledge nature. It looks like a normal goat, but he figures out there's something weird, something magical about this goat. The Paladin detects evil, and gets temporary blinded. Upon seeing this, the Skald decides to rage and charge the goat. The fool.

Initiative is rolled. Skald hits the goat with his keen magical axe. It bounces, dealing minor damage. The Goat is having none of it, and activates its frightful presence. Only the paladin saves, he's immune, but he's still blinded. The goat decides to trample the skald and charge the ranger.

That's when the first critical hit of the night was rolled.
>>
File: PossessedGoat.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
PossessedGoat.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>44248360
The force of the blow sent the ranger flying to the edge of the battlefield. The wizard cast black tentacles in an attempt to control the battlefield, rolls high, and succeed. The ranger use his turn to drink a potion and ready his bow. The paladin is no longer blinded, but the tentacles have grappled him.

The goat let loose a blasphemy. It was the fore-mentioned evil cry, only this time in full effect. The fight is heavily one-sided at this point on, between the dazed party and the nauseating breath weapon, the constant charges and the evil damage reduction. Eventually, the paladin was allowed to act, once the tentacles subdued, and smited the evil goat back to hell. The party was on the brink of ruin, the skald and the ranger down for the count, the wizard helpless before the fury of the goat, and the paladin barely saving the day.
They all survived to live another day, however. Except for the ranger. Once uncouncious, he had his soul eaten and to be ressurected, the party had to drag the goat back to town. In all, fun times.
>>
>>44248380
In essence, the goat was an advanced half-fiend dire goat advanced up to level 11. Most of its abilities were traded for nastier stuff, such as a DR 15/Good, Frightful Presence, A breath weapon, the ability to eat soul of the fallen, and so on. The fight dragged only because the Paladin, the party's best bet at containing the goat, was unable to act for so long. The party did prepare to fight a demon, but they didn't expect the goat would be the boss fight. It was a memorable encounter.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.