[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much /x/faggotry do you like in your traditional games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: metatron's-cube.jpg (174 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
metatron's-cube.jpg
174 KB, 1440x1080
How much /x/faggotry do you like in your traditional games?
>>
None.
>>
>>44210402
Depends on my mood, really.

I absolutely love the odd weird-world / conspiracy / modern paranormal game, but I wouldn't want it in everything. Depends on the setting, I guess, or more precisely the general tone and mood - I can accept arbitrarily large amount of paranormal / fringe stuff if I'm expecting it and can accept it as taking place in the alternate universe where the /x/ worldview is accurate; if it's showing up in a different style of world I'd rather it be used much more sparingly. (Having it turn out there's a conspiracy to hide that the world is flat in an until-then serious modern game would be hard to accept.)
>>
>>44210402
Exactly 0
>>
>>44210402
You mean Delta Green? Sure.
Aside from things like that, though, it just doesn't work. It's really out of place in something like a fantasy setting.
>>
File: anime-question-girl.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
anime-question-girl.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>44210596
>It's really out of place in something like a fantasy setting.
How so?
>>
>>44210402

/x/ is different things
there's the paranoid conspiracy theory side
and then there's the esoteric philosophical side
and finally there's the 2spoopy occult side
Depending on the setting, I can take different amounts of each. In fantasy settings I usually like a nice, big helping of esotericism garnished with a little bit of occultism on the side. Conspiracy is optional. In science fiction settings, conspiracy can be real nice. Esotericism can go well in a sci-fi setting to, especially in conjunction with conspiracy, but it often requires a bit of adapting to get it to fit. Occultism doesn't usually go well with science fiction unless the story is explicitly about the conflict between the scientific and the spiritual.
>>
As long as its cosmic and evil keep it coming.
>>
>>44210402

If you mean real-world occultism, then I love that shit. If you mean paranoid schizophrenics arguing about how Sandy Hook was a false flag psyops mind control project, not so much. Although, I do like Unknown Armies, and rambling schizophrenese makes good "magic theory" in UA.
>>
File: It don't matter.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
It don't matter.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>44216674
>#NoLivesMatter
>#NothingMatters
>#NoneOfThisMatters
>>
>>44216674
>Cthulhu
>aware of what life is
>>
>>44210402
I'm about to start a Supers campaign where my character is more or less Mulder from the X-files.
So yeah I like it if it's done well.
>>
>>44216814
Oh, he's aware.

He just doesn't care.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.