[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be running a campaign with heavy fey presence.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: 4793847dadb3881d0ee43393b0601015.jpg (738 KB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
4793847dadb3881d0ee43393b0601015.jpg
738 KB, 1600x1131
I'm going to be running a campaign with heavy fey presence. Give me your fey art and fey encounter ideas.
>>
File: 26035663.jpg (360 KB, 2048x1448) Image search: [Google]
26035663.jpg
360 KB, 2048x1448
>>44210282
>It's getting cold, isn't it?
The winter court is incipient; their huntsmen are already seeking the tracks into this world.

But their prey is a clever one; they seek to cause winter to come early, to take them on when the first frosts drown the harvest.

Can you slow winter so the world does not stop?
>>
File: 1344228428791.jpg (477 KB, 868x1200) Image search: [Google]
1344228428791.jpg
477 KB, 868x1200
>Players come across pic related. The girl asks them to join her for a drink. The brick circle and table expand and new chairs appear to accomodate however many step forward to join her. Those who drink roll on http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Grog_of_Susbtantial_Whimsy_%283.5e_Equipment%29

>Brownies sneak into the party's camp shortly before dawn, cook them a hearty breakfast.

>A few leprechauns are found in a heated argument, and ask the party to mediate. The argument turns out to be over who has the best beard.

>Party comes to a clearing with a school of fish swimming about in midair. The fish apparently can only survive in that one region of air in the middle of the clearing, as though there were an invisible, intangible floating pond there. If removed from that area, they flop about like any other fish out of water.

>A group of absolutely shitfaced druids offers to share some of their special moonshine.

>A group of sprites need a few more players to round out teams for a game of <insert sport of choice>, shrink party members to their size so they can fill in. Game goes awry when a bobcat (or fox, or whatever ordinarily small and generally harmless-to-humans predator you like) takes interest in the gathering of tasty-looking morsels.

>A group of sprites passes by in a royal procession, proclaiming "Make way for the Frog King!" At the tail end of the procession there is a group of sprites carrying a frog decked out in crown and fancy robe on a lavish palanquin. It turns out to be a perfectly ordinary frog that they decided to dress up. The sprites become angry if the party does not show proper respect to the king.

>A group of dim but well-meaning sprites thinks the party could use a rest from their travels, decides to help them out by singing them to sleep and removing their armor so they can have a nice nap. Party is awoken, unarmored and covered in neatly-arranged flowers, by a hungry bear or some such.
>>
>The party encounters a gang of pixies harassing a very distressed-looking half-fey ogre, picking on him for being big, dumb, clumsy, ugly, etc. Will the party intervene to save the poor oaf from these pint-sized bullies?

>A group of pixies have acquired a small skiff, refitted it into a pixie-sized pirate ship, and enchanted it to fly. "Avast, ye landlubbers! Surrender yer booty ta th' Dread Pirate Pinkbeard, Scourge o' th' Skies!"

>Fey magic has distorted distance and direction, sending the party in circles. They must figure out how to navigate this warped space while being harried by malicious tricksters.

>As the party is starting to think about finding a good campsite for the night, they come across a cozy little cottage with the pleasant smell of baking bread and pastries wafting from it. A kindly old lady comes out holding a tray of cookies fresh from the oven, inviting them to join her for dinner and offering her cottage for the night if they would be so inclined. Your call whether this is some faerie trick or she really is just a kindly old lady.

>A little fairy has discovered the deliciousness of marshmallows, and the joy of toasting them over a fire. And of course, in order to roast marshmallows, you need to set things on fire. And the bigger the fire, the more marshmallows you can roast! That's just logic. And fire's pretty anyway, so that means fire is good. Lots of fire! Fire EVERYWHERE! EVERYTHING BURNING! EVERYTHING ROASTING! MARSHMALLOW ROASTS EVERYWHERE! EVERYONE WARM AND HAPPY AND DANCING AND ROASTING AND EATING AND HAPPY AND MARSHMALLOWS!
>>
>>44211132
>fire
But how did you manage to steal my character's backstory when I haven't even published it online?!
>>
>>44211172
I stole that one from a quest on Touhou Project. A fair chunk of it literally copy-pasted, in fact.
>>
File: 1409879522227.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1409879522227.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
This thread is comfy
>>
>Playful mimic that imitates the party and their stuff but hides when attacked, potentially becomes a sort of party pet, but enjoys tricking them.
>>
>>44210282
Adorable but dickish fairy/pixie shrinks the party to a few inches as a prank
Now they have to survive/fix themselves
>>
>Three pixies sit on three mushrooms
>Tell the players they want to play a game
>If the players win they get either a magical item or a pot of gold
>Pixies ask to players to eat the one mushroom they think is not poisonous
>They have two tries to find the none poisonous
>Also remind them that the poison is not deadly
>[/spoiler]None of them are poisonous, but they are massively hallucinogenic and the pixies always say the first one was poisonous and give the player an antidote that just makes the trip worse[/spoiler]
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
friendly reminder that fae can also be not always nice and comfy

>"earth"-fairy , inspired by centipedes and hawk wasp
>>
>>44212159
I can't do spoiler apparently.
>>
>>44212177
Honestly at this point it's cool to see /tg/ NOT immediately go for the malicious psycho fairies angle.
>>
>>44212222
See, I'm a fan of Changeling: The Lost and the True Fae fascinate me... but I also like cutesy stuff, and this thread is certainly pleasing.
>>
>>44212222
bot types together make it more fun

the concept of kind/polite to outsiders and horrifying/gruesome in battle made the fairies of our campain quite a surprise in battle
>>
File: img.jpg (51 KB, 498x274) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
51 KB, 498x274
yeah, "fairy"
>>
>>44212177
Honestly, I don't mind dangerous nasty fae at all, but if you're making them look like that it kind of begs the question why you're calling them fae. That's not a fae, that's just a monster.

Fae can be cruel and terrifying while still being all beauty and charm and grace. Hell, that's half of what makes nasty fae so much fun. They don't need to be big mutant beasts with vicious talons and slavering fanged maws to be scary and dangerous.
>>
>>44212997
Actually, some of the most monstrous lookign ones are the most gentle and sweet - unless you say something derogatory about their looks.

At which point, the nasty, "evil" fae might take you in out of the goodness of their hearts by the time the faery you insulted gets done with you. Because they will actually pity you THAT MUCH.
>>
File: Pixy_vs_Cipher.jpg (100 KB, 832x400) Image search: [Google]
Pixy_vs_Cipher.jpg
100 KB, 832x400
>>44210282
Smooth-talking, high-flying pixy warlord leads an army and takes over a nearby ICBM launch facility in an attempt to create a world with no boundaries. The only way to stop him is to defeat him in a joust to the death.
>>
>Party (probably accidentally) steps on the toes of some fae nobility and becomes the target of a wild hunt, they just have to survive a day with all of Arcadia actively encouraged to kill them.
>>
>>44212997
in our setting , fae can have different looks in their beast shape , depending on abilities

since our fairies originate from the spiritual fusion of insects and humans (short version) , their fully transformated forms are not always cute and cuddly (except the moth fairies , they are always cuddly)

we have 2 major types of fairies , earth fairies (higher physical power in beast form) and wind fairies (higher magical power , can fly), with the fae monarchs having the most powerful (and monstrous) beast forms , like the pic i drew
>>
>A travelling merchant finds flowers with a delicious, intoxicating nectar and starts a business selling a drink derived from it, ignoring it comes from the fey's grove. It is delicious, but highly addictive and alcoholic. Eventually it is noticed that heavily drunk people disappear, and are last seen wandering towards the grove.

>A mysterious blight is decimating the children of a secluded village. A strange medic has found the miraculous cure and his patients are slowly but surely getting better. He hires the party to collect the secret ingredient, which then reluctantly reveals to be fresh fey blood, for which he needs living specimen. If the party seems reluctant, he suggests the suspect that the fay might have been behind the blight from the beginning...

>The new king has announced great celebrations for the upcoming solstice, but against the kingdom's traditions, he didn't invite the Queen of the Woods, which has never shown up and he believes to be just silly folklore. Turns out she's real and royally pissed; she and her court show up, displaying fearsome powers, and she pretends the royal princes and princesses to be sent to her court as a reparation for the offense, otherwise her wrath will punish the entire kingdom. The king is given a few days and he summons the party to find a solution.

>A young-looking, handsome man has been kidnapped in the fairies' grove and kept here, in a blissful stupor and eternal youth, as a lover by one of them; he's completely oblivious of the outside world and the family he left behind. The party may choose to attempt to free him, but they know this means he will (choose the ones you prefer):
>...Lose his eternal youth, the dumb surrogate of happiness he's living and his lover;
>...Get horribly old and die in a matter of hours or days;
>...Remember all those he cared for and left behind, and face the reality of their deaths;
>...Other sadistic shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.