[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greenskin Lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 1024x683
Are Orcs/Orks capable of seeing entirely purple things?
Can Orcs/Orks juju/gestalt the effects of colors onto other races?
Can Orcs/Orks that meet in a hypothetical scenario join a WAAAGH?
Could Black Orcs learn and understand Ork tech, or would the down-to-earth Black Orcs actually be able to understand, reproduce, and reverse-engineer the tech of other races without relying on Orky belief power?
Could Goblins bully Orks into doing their manual labor like they do Orcs?
Orcs and Goblins have gods other than Gork and Mork/Mork and Gork. Do Orks and Gretchin?
Chaos Dwarfs bred a specific subrace of Orcs. Could Orks be selectively bred by the Tau in a similar fashion?
Why do Orks care if there's enough dakka if they still haven't figured out the basics of having enough stabba?
>>
>>44199216

You'd have to find orks that admit purple exists first.

Why would they want other things not orks to have benefits of colour? That's an orky thing, and no orks aren't orky enough for that.

Down to earth for a black orc means smashing manually. Metal is okay because its basically a rock, but anything else is mucking about.

A sufficiently large number of well organized goblins could probably pull it off for a short period of time on sufficiently lame orcs. But they're goblins, they'd fuck it up sooner or later.

Gretchin have Da Red Gobo and Da Secret Kommite, so sort of?

I thought hobgoblins were special goblins, not orcs? Are fantasy orcs/gobos spore based or something else?

You can always have more choppieness and shootieness. Its not exclusive. Best to have both.
>>
>>44199380
>Why would they want other things not orks to have benefits of colour? That's an orky thing, and no orks aren't orky enough for that.
Orcs in Fantasy wound up alliwing a Giant Orchood because he was green and big. Even if he ate them sometimes.
>Down to earth for a black orc means smashing manually. Metal is okay because its basically a rock, but anything else is mucking about.
They understand machinery and can actually create things rather than loot and reshape. They're mych more like Tolkien Orcs.
>I thought hobgoblins were special goblins, not orcs?
Chaos Dwarfs bred Orc spores until they created Black Orcs, who are so un-Orcy they frighten and anger Savage Orcs.
>Are fantasy orcs/gobos spore based or something else?
Mostly spores. They had females and children prior to 4e, and whether sexually reproducing ones exist is something some Fantasy fans debate. Basically no, but with wiggle room if you really wanted there to be.
>>
>>44199380
>You can always have more choppieness and shootieness. Its not exclusive. Best to have both.
>Best to have the most.

ftfy
>>
I remember seeing a picture of a white space ork in a white dwarf magazine, i couldn't find it again but it was probably one of the reasons i got into orks. Are white orcs/orks a thing?
>>
>>44203558
No, orcs are too black for that shit
>>
>>44206357
It was kind of like this, with a very reanimated look. It was a Nob though, and iirc the armor was made from either roadsigns or yellow and black construction scrap. Lots of rust, i think one arm was completely mekanical, ending in a rusted jackhammer.
>>
File: ork[1].jpg (154 KB, 600x711) Image search: [Google]
ork[1].jpg
154 KB, 600x711
>>44206522
Was it this one?
>>
>>44206570
Holy shit that's the exact one! Thank you anon, i didn't expect to find it. Is there a backstory to it? Or do you maybe know the name of the person responsible for making it?
>>
>>44199216
>Are Orcs/Orks capable of seeing entirely purple things?
yes. Orc/Orkish camouflage is nicked from other races or garish and out of place (neon orange+yellow tiger stripes, for example) but somehow gets the job done.

The purple thing is a /tg/ meme trying to force strict discipline on a race without any.

>Chaos Dwarfs bred a specific subrace of Orcs. Could Orks be selectively bred by the Tau in a similar fashion?
Probably not. The Tau practice eugenics on their own race, but biological modification is outside their expertise. It IS possible to modify Orks, though. Read Redemption Corps. I won't spoil the twist.

>Why do Orks care if there's enough dakka if they still haven't figured out the basics of having enough stabba?
"Stabba"? s'called chop, ya git.
>>
>>44206634
Done by an Australian slayer sword winner called Sebastian Archer, this one won a demon I think. Google will help you find out more about his stuff, and his website is: http://guildofharmony.com/

I've met him IRL back in the mid 2000s, very friendly nice down to earth fellow.
>>
>>44206668
I've never read any 40k books, how's the writing quality? I'd expect subpar 'doing it for the money' quality but I'd love to be wrong.
>>
>>44206762
not very highbrow, but a good way to pass the time on a plane ride
>>
>>44206668
>yes. Orc/Orkish camouflage is nicked from other races or garish and out of place (neon orange+yellow tiger stripes, for example) but somehow gets the job done.

No, you idiot, Ork Kommandos are actually good at hiding themselves. They're well versed in proper camo tactics, which is why other Orks find them so weird and why so many of their enemies are often taken by surprise.

The whole point of Kommandos is that they're actually good at what they do.
>>
>>44206762
Kind of variable, some real terrible ones, but most are quite effective as guilty pleasures.
>>
>>44206755
Thanks, I'm kind of chuffed that he's australian too.

>>44206779
Would you recommend them if they weren't attached to a popular franchise?
>>
>>44206836
Most are pretty heavily dependent on 40k as a setting to function, but plenty would be find as trashy sci-fi/fantasy.

A couple are really good, though. I really liked Flesh and Iron, myself
>>
>>44206762

I just finished Horus Rising, which is the first of the Horus Heresy novels. It was pretty good, but this was by Dan Abnett whose supposedly the best author in Black Library.

Reinvigorated my interest in 40k and sent me down the 40k wiki wormhole for the past week, haven't come out yet
>>
>>44206762
Without the setting there's no point in reading them since they're just bad to average military/fantasy/sci-fi.
If you want to dork out on lore (that a lot of people disregard because the black library authors butcher it so much) or if you get a big rush every time someone mentions space marines, go for it. If not, just pick up Leviathan Wakes or something.
>>
File: blood axes.png (2 MB, 2208x762) Image search: [Google]
blood axes.png
2 MB, 2208x762
>>44206825
>They're well versed in proper camo tactics, which is why other Orks find them so weird
No, their love of human tactics (planning, subterfuge) is what makes other orks think they're weird.

They certainly can hide well. But they don't quite understand camouflage. It's why kommandos are so impressive.
>>
>>44207769
That and the whole 'Orks? Being sneaky? Execution for wasting my time, soldier'
>>
File: 078.jpg (732 KB, 1150x1606) Image search: [Google]
078.jpg
732 KB, 1150x1606
Some other fluff featuring details on Ork camo use.
>>
File: 044.jpg (539 KB, 1110x1512) Image search: [Google]
044.jpg
539 KB, 1110x1512
>>
File: 062.jpg (569 KB, 1110x1512) Image search: [Google]
062.jpg
569 KB, 1110x1512
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.