[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k List Thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Heavy.jpg (299 KB, 802x1500) Image search: [Google]
Heavy.jpg
299 KB, 802x1500
This is the Warhammer 40k List Thread.

> Old Pasta is old Edition

Rules and tactica discussion is encouraged.
Fluff and rumors are better suited to the General, so kindly check the catalog.
The 30K community is still small, but growing, so don't get discouraged if your AoD list doesn't get feedback.

>Rules of Thumb
1) If you post a list, please critique other lists, if you are familiar with other codices.
2) Type your lists cleanly. Lists with poor formatting are usually ignored. Picture versions or PDFs of lists *are* acceptable, but not encouraged, and will often be ignored as well.
3) Preferably, advice should be given from a place of experience, i.e.; don't give advice you haven't tried yourself.
4) Don't bump excessively either, as that will diminish the likelihood anons will respond.
5) Finally, it helps if you have a short description of how you intend to run your list. This also helps anons give better criticism, and will typically illicit swifter responses.

Helpful links:
>Rules database
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Babby's first guide to tactics
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Tactics
>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V4.pdf
>>
File: new eldar.jpg (96 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
new eldar.jpg
96 KB, 960x540
>>44195766
Ok i'll bite. i've been away from 40k for about a year and half.

i just got this dumped in my lap and i'm wondering if i'm going to have to drop 3/4 of it, sell a kidney and donate blood for the next 6 months to whip it into a viable tournament army..

3x guardian squads with 1 missle heavy weapon platform
1 5 man dire avenger squad
1 5 man wailing banshee squad
1 5 man fire dragon squad
1 falcon grav tank
1 wave serpent
1 3x heavy weapon platform squad (possible 3 grav, 2 birghtlances 2 webspinners)
1 fire prisim tank
1 vyper jetbike
1 oop Warwalker (1 brighlance 1 missle launcher)
1 farseer
1 autarch with wings
10 rangers
1 wraithfighter
1 oop avatar.
>>
>>44196076
i forgot to mention i do have an old wave serpent upgrade kit so i could convert the falcon into another wave serpent.
>>
>>44195766
dead thread
e
a
d

t
h
r
e
a
d

dead game
e
a
d

g
a
m
e
>>
>>44196076

Well personally I don't know too much about what is competitive at the moment so I'll post a high placing Eldar list. (at 1850 points)

CAD: 1125

Hq: Autarch with Heavy Aspect armour and Swooping Hawk Wings.

x4 5 man squads of Wind Riders using scatter lasers.

A Wraithknight with Ghostglaive and Scattershield

Aspect Host Formation: 362 points

Two groups of x4 Firedragons + Exarch

6 Swooping Hawks + Exarch

Combined Arms Detachment: 380 points

Two groups of x4 Kabalite Warriors +Sybarite in Venoms.

A Lhamaean

x3 Venoms.
>>
>>44196670
In case you didn't immediately spot it, the Firedragons are put inside the Venoms from the Dark Eldar detachment.
>>
Deathwatch list. In official games, I'm going to run them as Red Hunters (What with them counting as GK/SOB on the old Allies chart) But in friendly games, I'm just going to say "Each model uses the Tactics of whatever Chapters symbol they have on them."

++1st Company Task Force++

+Elites+

10x Sternguard Veterans (Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Sergeant w/ Power Sword & Melta Bombs, Drop Pod) 265

9x Terminator Squad (Missile Launcher, 8 Chain Fists) 340

10x Sternguard Veterans (Grav-Gun, Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Power Sword & Melta Bombs) 265

+Dedicated Transport+

Drop Pod (Locator Beacon) 45

++Storm Wing++

Stormraven (Twin-linked Lascannons, Multimelta's, Extra Armour) 205

Stormtalon (Skyhammer missiles) 115

Stormtalon (Skyhammer missiles) 115

Inquisition:

+HQ+

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Terminator Armour+Daemonhammer, Psycannon, Digital Weapons, Empyrean Brain Mines, Psyker ML1) 130

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Power Armour, Daemon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs, Empyrean Brain Mines, Psyker ML1) 73

Officio Assassinorum:

Elite:

Vindicaire Assassin 150

Yes, I know Deathwatch are Ordo Xenos, but the Ordo Xenos Inquisitors are kinda shit, compared to the Ordo Malleus guys.
>>
200 fire warriors...ten hammerheads...six crisis battle suits. eight piranah skimmers. twenty tau pathfinders. Eighty kroot. A hundred guela (including four heavy weapon teams) troopers with six leman russes and six basiliscs. Fourty vespid and twenty demigurg. Thats my dream tau army.
>>
Preparing for 1,000 points and my second game. Aiming for something to deal with a bunch of light vehicles/skimmers, and clearing infantry from cover. The lone Executioner is risky without PE, but I'd like to split tanks up to hopefully divert attention.

HQ - 415 pts
Leman Russ Punisher +Pask, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Leman Russ Executioner +Plasma Cannon Sponsons

TROOPS - 270 pts
Veterans Squad +2 Flamers -- Chimera +Turret & Hull Heavy Flamer
Veterans Squad +2 Flamers -- Chimera +Turret & Hull Heavy Flamer

HEAVY - 315 pts
Leman Russ Executioner +Plasma Cannon Sponsons
Wyvern +Hull Heavy Flamer
Wyvern +Hull Heavy Flamer
>>
I tried the new cadian tank formation yesterday, not as great as I thought it would be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfw9D6ecCfg
>>
>>44196076
If it was me, I would buy 5 fire-dragons, a falcon or wave-serpent and a wraithknight.

Then run:
>A Guardian battlehost w/
stock farseer,
3x 10 guardians with EML,
3x D-cannon,
stock vyper,
stock warwalker

>Aspect host w/
5 Dire avengers w/exarch in Serpent with holofields and Scatterlasers
5 Firedragons w/ exarch(ride in falcon)
5 Firedragons w/ exarch(ride in falcon)

>Engine of Vaul
Falcon w/ brightlance, holofields

>Engine of Vaul
Falcon w/ brightlance, holofields

>Wraith construct
Hemlock wraithfighter

>Wraith construct
Wraithknight with 2x Wraithcannon

1850pts
>>
File: 1447504450186.jpg (2 MB, 2671x3803) Image search: [Google]
1447504450186.jpg
2 MB, 2671x3803
Does anybody have advice on how to build a good 1,500pt Dark Angel list? Using the contents of the Betrayal at Calth as a basis, I'm wondering where to go with this pile of miniatures.
>>
>>44205920
i came across an old falcon kit sitting in a corner and i have the forgeworld conversion to make it into a wave serpent .. wich do you recommend?

(fire dragons i can get from a friend ez)
>>
>>44205933
always seems like greenwing is just subpar compared to ravenwing, but i think you can basically just run a dem/battle company same as spehss muhrens so do that
or man the fuck up and play HH dark angels when they come out next year
>>
>>44205941
Well falcons will be better antitank, and 3 get to deepstrike, but serpents are cheap and really survivable.

Go 3 serpents if you take them as transports for the aspect warriors in an aspect host they get bs5 too.
>>
>>44205953
But anon, muh moniez.
>>
>>44205933
IIRC dark angels get some nice bonuses for running a battle demi-company with the lion's blade detachment, and you would be able to take a bit of raven/deathwing to supplement your green wing.
>>
Stop making these threads, no one ever responds, it's better to get post in 40k general, I get decent input in about 15 minutes compared to some shitty one in 5 hours
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.