[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fate/Maimed Reality: One Thousand Paths-Series Finale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9
File: amnesia.jpg (27 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
amnesia.jpg
27 KB, 600x377
Pastebin of the first season:http://pastebin.com/dVtGYTNB
Pastebin of the second season so far:http://pastebin.com/D4CSsDX5

I am gonna make an exception for today since it's the last day we're questing, and I am gonna give you a brief summary of what happened this far.
Our hero wakes up in an hospital, an alleged victim of amnesia. He's rescued by Iwanako, pretty much the same day Hisao dies. By her own suggestion, Johnathan (this is the MC's name) is sent to Yamaku, a school built to cater to students in need of special cares.
He's met with outright hostility by his classmates, and one fateful night, by being at the wrong place at the wrong time, he accidentally joins a war in which students use "Heroic Spirits" or "Servants" as proxies. The prize is the Holy Grail, a wish-granting machine.
John manages to summon Saber, the strongest class of Heroes. After investigating on the spell Caster has thrown on the school, he becomes closer to his former Master, who warns him of Emi, a girl that wanted John because of his intrusion. The showdown between Emi and John occurs the following day, with John winning albeit losing his left arm, which is promptly replaced by Saber's.
Thanks to the help he receives from Rin, Caster's Master, John discovers the truth about Emi and her motivations. He forgives her and moves on. Meanwhile it is discovered that Assassin was defeated.
John is then confronted by Misha, who wants to defeat him to impress the girl she loves, Shizune. The sheer force and trump cards of Berserker allow him to come on top, and Saber is defeated. Thus his true identity is revealed: he is Hisao, the boy who died prior to the events of the war.
Unbeknownst to John and Misha, Shizune observed the scene. She decided to cut her ties with Misha after discovering that she defeated Hisao, the boy she was in love with.

(1/2)
>>
>>44192263

The two will fight in season 2, with Lancer, Shizune's servant, defeating Berserker using his Noble Phantasm. Misha and John grow closer together, and John teaches her the importance of standing up for herself.
John then talks with Lilly, Archer's Master, but he gets upset at what Lilly says about Misha.
Recognizing he might have overreacted, he meets Lilly outside the school to apologize, only to discover Lancer and Archer will be fighting that day. Shizune uses a Command Spell to force Lancer to attack Lilly, after which Lancer decides to break his contract with her and leave. Lilly then explains that John is the incarnation of the Lesser Grail, and that he must be destroyed in order to stop the wars for the Holy Grail from happening again. With the powers granted to him by Saber, John fights back and eventually wins. He is then taken to the Greater Grail by his sister (the Greater Grail itself) and shown how reality has changed because of him. Now it's up to John to decide what he wants to do with his wish, keeping in mind the two promises he made: he promised Iwanako never to forget her, and he promised Hisao he would fix this reality. Needless to say, these promises are mutually exclusive.

Now it's up to you guys. When we left off last time I wasn't done exploring the background story of every Master, so if you want I can do that.
Otherwise we can skip to the decision.
>>
>>44192272
>states at end of last thread that he wants to devote more time to Rin
>gives option to skip Rin
OP, I...

As if I would do anything other than vote for
>Ask about Rin, dammit

>Needless to say, these promises are mutually exclusive.
Only if the Grail is limited in power.

I wonder what sis will say if we make too impossible a wish?
>>
>>44192357
to be honest I always gave the option to skip things altogether. I guess I am just waiting for more people to show up.

Sis said last time that wishes that destroy the logic of this universe can't be answered.
>>
>>44192357

Gonna give it 5 more mins, anon
>>
Sorry, took the occasion to grab some food.

==========

"Yes, you're correct. I presume you want to know about the last Master: Rin Tezuka".
"That's correct. It's the first friend I made at Yamaku".

You find yourself in front of the mural just outside the school.
"Hisao and Rin painted it together. You see, Rin is a bit..."
"...odd?"
"... misunderstood". She glares at you "Everyone believes what the says to be 'deep' or 'profound', but the truth is, the girl is just trying to deconstruct what she sees around her and rebuild it in concepts she can grasp. She's looking for herself"
"And how have I saved her?"
"You haven't, brother. You have done many commendable things, but you haven't saved her either. You've been kind to her, you've never treated her like a weirdo, but now comes the most important part. You have to convince her that you don't expect her to do 'more' just to repay you in kind, and that every human's existence and perception is unique, but that expressing how she feels through art is ok, even at the cost of being misunderstood. At the end of the day, all humans are lonely. But we strive to understand each other, and that makes life worth living".

You're in Hisao's room, with him laying in bed.
"What's going on here?"
"Hisao made the wrong choices. Now he's regretting chasing for something that was out of his reach. How silly is that?"
"Why, don't you understand his frustration? I do"
"I do too, brother. But this is what being human means. Striving for the impossible, trying to reach things that are not within our grasp. If we don't push ourselves further, we're as good as dead, no?"

(1/2)
>>
>>44193596

The wisdom in her words amazes you. Is this what everyone has been trying to do all this time? You've been trying to get your memory back, Shizune's been trying to revive Hisao much like Emi tried to revive her dad. Misha attempted to make Shizune fall in love with her, well aware that it was not possible, and Lilly tried to eradicate harmful desires from human nature. You don't know much about Hanako, while Rin probably sought comfort in the understanding coming from another fellow artist

"Brother? Do you want to wish for something now?

>Wait, I would like to ask something
>Yes, I am ready.
>>
>>44193619
>Wait, I would like to ask something
What would you do, if I stayed behind? Could you stay with me?
>>
>>44193769
I am retarded, what do you mean by "stay behind"?
>>
>>44193818
Stayed behind in this world with everyone instead of moving on to the next.
>>
>>44193840

"Sister, what would happen if I wished to seal the Grail's power? What would happen to you?"
"I would be sealed inside this Universe too, and become the warden of the fundamental laws that govern it. I would become like Hisao now that he's dead. If you chose to do that, we'd always be together!"
"Together how?"
"I will visit you in your dreams, and I will guide you through your mortal life. And once your time on this Earth is over, you will join me"
"I am not sure I understand that"
"You see, the way you perceive reality changes basing on your experiences, feelings and emotions. This is not different when you change your state of existence from one to another. When you become one with the Universe, like Hisao did, your perception changes. It's not bad, it's just different"
"I am just afraid you will be hurt, or sad"
She shakes her head with her eyes closed, smiling. "I will be alright. I will be alright even if you decide to destroy us, or exile us. I will grant your wish no matter, so please, don't be worried about me".

>Write in
>>
>>44193987
Tough one, and I really don't want to make this decision alone.

Currently, I'm inclined towards:
>I wish for everyone to be happy.
But that's likely to end up badly, or simply not be granted.
>I wish to, myself, make everyone happy.
A la Madoka. Probably also end badly.
>I wish for everyone to understand that they deserve their own happiness, but they won't receive it unless they work towards that future themselves.
A little wordy, but something of an attempt to allow the universe to fix itself.
>I wish for everyone to realize that everyone deserves happiness.
Is more brief, but may or may not work as intended.

There's probably other stuff that hasn't occurred to me yet either.

I'm assuming that since the Grail seems apparently uncorrupted this time, she'll grant wishes according to their intention, and not twist wishes around like fucking Angry Manjew would.

Are we allowed to bounce wish ideas off of our sister?
>>
>>44194240
>Bounce wish ideas off
No clue what you're talking about

>Make people happy

Grail won't be able to grant you that. Indeed people won't be pleased with your decision and might end up not being happy. (Especially Lilly).
This would also break the promise you made to Hisao.

>I wish people would realize everyone deserves happiness

Both work, but it won't change the (new) structure of the Universe. Also you'd break the promise made to Hisao.
>>
>>44194377
>No clue what you're talking about
I mean, can we ask her 'Would it be a good idea if I wished for that?' or 'What would happen if I wished for something subtly different like this instead?'

>Also you'd break the promise made to Hisao.
What would 'fixing the Universe' even entail, anyway? Shit's vague as hell.
>>
>>44194453
You can do that either asking her, or asking me.

>Fix the universe

That you have to go basically. You're the anomaly.
>>
>>44193987
>write in
So there are infinite ways this world could play out, none of them intrinsically good or bad? Then we should return it to a state prior to the Grails' entrance into this reality and move onto the next.
This way my friends all get a second chance, one that won't be spoiled by our presence.
>>
>>44194499
I guess if the other anon comes by, I will have sis have a small speech about desires and how they will affect this reality.
>>
>>44194499
>>44194453

But didn't she just show our presence kinda made everything better?

Also still gotta catch up

Maybe just turn Hisao into part of our interdimensional traveling troupe, this way he can get all the endings and get 100% so he unlocks that CG
>>
>>44194468
Wouldn't we move onto the next world as long as we don't wish to stay behind? Wishing for people to understand that everyone deserves happiness would only break our promise to Iwanako.

Similarly, wishing to remember Iwanako as we move onto the next world would break no promises, but would likely leave Iwanako disappointed as to our sudden disappearance, and would not satisfy us either.

Perhaps "I wish everyone would have the closure they need." might also be a good one.

>>44194499
>Then we should return it to a state prior to the Grails' entrance into this reality and move onto the next.
Isn't it established that we had a positive effect on the world through out presence and actions, and that things would have turned out less well had we not been there? Undoing our actions would go against John's good intentions for the world.
>>
>>44194637
You're right, I just feel that Hisao should be the one making their lives better. He made some poor choices early, which could be corrected (or not) on his "next chance".
>>
>>44194697
What impetus would he have to do things better on his second try if things are reverted to exactly how they were?

You can't reasonably expect an object to perform differently under two separate but identical circumstances.
>>
>>44194611
>>44194637
>>44194499

"I think I understand now. So if I were to ask for something, the power of the Grail would be sealed, correct? Like if I asked for everyone to be happy, or for everyone to believe they deserved happiness".

Your sister shakes her head.
"No, you have to ask for that explicitly. Otherwise the Grail will keep appearing in this dimenion"
You hold your head in desperation
"The how can I fix this? How can I keep all promises?"

Your sister's hand reaches your shoulder.
"You can't, brother. If you were to destroy us or send us in exile in another dimension, then this universe would be fixed. But, it would also be considerably worse. All the people you made happy, or that you could have made happy, won't be happy anymore, and probably miss their chance to be"
"But... this would mean taking Hisao's life".
"Yes. Saving a life always comes at the cost of another, brother. If you decide to stay here, people around you will benefit from that. On the other hand, if you were to trade places with Hisao, he could make one of the girls happy, or none at all. It's you call"
"It's tough. So very tough"
"It is brother. Sometimes, in life, what's good is no fair, and what's fair is no good. But you have the power to make this decision, and, by the same token, the responsibility to do so"

>write in.

I tried to narrow down the range to 3 choices: destroy, seal, exile. You can also pick something else if you feel that makes sense
>>
>>44194731
So why would there be many different possible futures? My understanding is that he could, at any given time, choose differently.
>>
>>44194792
Ok so wait, what would be "fixing" the universe in precise terms.
Just removing the grail wars?

Also if we are sent in exile does that erase all that was done? Or do things remain the same, which would mean the positive effects remain.
>>
>>44194877
You would erase your presence like you never existed.
You're correct, you're the alien. Remove the grail wars AND yourself and the universe is fixed. Just removing one of the two won't work.
>>
>>44194925
Okay so one more question, are all possible universes existing at the same time?
>>
>>44194792
>"Before... before I make my wish. Would it be possible for me to talk to Hisao, one last time?"
>>
>>44194792
could the wish be to send the grail "back" in time as a person [no power], at the point before the grail war started, essentially erasing what was done and was to happen but retaining this construct [Johnathan Joest... I mean Johnathan] here
>>
>>44194966
would be possible
>>44194962
No, they exist within the Central node, but the state of actual reality is only one.
>>
>>44195013
>but retaining this construct
This causes the Grail to remain in the universe, and therefore breaks our promise to Hisao. The problem is not what we've done, but that we exist in the first place. What exactly are you trying to achieve with this?
>>
>>44195013
I am not sure I get you. You want to send John back in time? as long as he remains in this universe Hisao can't live.
>>
>>44195074
What if we order some potarra rings from ebay

I'm tending towards banish (but keep memories perhaps? I honestly don't know).
People will have to manage on their own, and honestly thinking about Johnathan he might have that shoune protag belief that with enough effort even the inevitable can change.
So give Hisao his chance.
if he manage to keep his memories from the time with John it might help but I don't see a way for that to happen is it precludes the destruction/banishment
>>
>>44195068
It was toying with the idea of being sent back as a person and not the grail, but if that still stops Hisao from existing or keeps the grail wars somehow there is no point.
>>
>>44195164
John is not a shounen protagonist. He's well aware that he has to pick between the two.
Transferring universes means restoring the status-quo ante.
Memories about something no longer obtainable would just create pain to John.
>>
>>44195164
That's what I think too, but lose the memories. No need to think about what could have been when we are messing with another universe later on.
>>
>>44195275
>He's well aware that he has to pick between the two.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the mentality of believing in people. The thing I'm talking about is the whole thing where he actually saw the positive things of people and believed in their ability to turn their lives for the best, instead of just judging them or condemning them to their own refuse.
Hence why he - might - believe it'd be possible even without him for things to work out right.
Just saying.
>>
>>44195164
>>44195309
Well, removing ourself won't hurt Iwanako since she'd never have met us in the first place, and she'd have Hisao instead (assuming he doesn't fuck up).

Similarly, Hisao could potentially unfuck everything, including the things we didn't manage to unfuck (like Rin's issues), which is why I asked if we could talk with him before he goes back in.

Between exile and repeating shit again until we hopefully find a universe that accepts us, and absolute destruction, I'm leaning towards destruction. After all, all things must end; it's the unescapable Necessity.
>>
>>44195320
Oh sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the fact that he might think he can combine him being there with Hisao being there too, a sort of "I am Shirou I don't give up on anything" attitude.
>>44195309
Should I cast another vote for banish then?
>>
>>44195309
>No need to think about what could have been when we are messing with another universe later on.
I don't think that's particularly in-character for John. He legitimately cares about the people he's met and what happens to them.
>>
>>44195374
No problem, I have some really weird shit on my bloodstream and I am surprised I am still lucid to post, for now.
>>
>>44195374
>Should I cast another vote for banish then?
Yes

>>44195340
>Between exile and repeating shit again until we hopefully find a universe that accepts us, and absolute destruction, I'm leaning towards destruction. After all, all things must end; it's the unescapable Necessity.
But we do not have this insight or selflessness. John still has a self preservation instinct first.
>>
>>44195340
Ok this is getting messy. I will make a poll from this post.

>Exile:
Lose memories, break the promise to Iwanako. The universe is un-fucked and Hisao will go on to save one girl, or none at all. No one will remember you and you won't remember anyone.
>Stay
Break the promise made to Hisao, you get to save all of the girls
>Die
Basically like exile except you're kill.
>>
>>44194792
Where does she think we'll end up next?
If we choose banish that is.
>>
File: shogyo mujou.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shogyo mujou.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>44195411
>we do not have this insight
Did you miss the epiphany that granted John the ability to use Hisao's chant? I'm pretty sure John understands exactly what the Necessity is now.

>selflessness. John still has a self preservation instinct first.
Valid. The question is, given how much he has shown to care for others, sometimes even at the expense of himself, would John choose to go through everything again - inflicting himself and the Grail on another universe, displacing more Hisaos - out of preservation, or would he take to heart the lessons Hisao has taught him?
>>
>>44195520
The universe you're thrown into is random. Can't be reasonably foreseen.
>>
>>44195413
"Hisao will go on to save one girl, or none at all"
So literally just like the game and no other possibilities? Jesus Hisao, get on our fucking level.
>>
File: Everything is DIEjoubu.png (917 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Everything is DIEjoubu.png
917 KB, 1280x720
>>44195413
Again, can we talk to Hisao? Preferably, to him right as he is about to be reinserted into the universe, if that's what ends up happening.

>The universe you're thrown into is random. Can't be reasonably foreseen.
Bracing for Katawa Yuushas.
>>
>>44195564
>end up in wh40K
>oh okay I guess we can stay here forever, not like anyone cares what happens to this shithole
>>
>>44195538
Yes, Hisao is literal trash. The whole point is the trade-off between what's good for the universe and what's good for the boy.

>>44195564
You can, but he wouldn't remember anything.
>>
>>44195413
Exile
>>
>>44195624
>Hisao is literal trash
Don't be such a tsundere, OP.

>between what's good for the universe and what's good for the boy
What if I said
>"I wish for an equivalent exchange to bring Hisao back into this world while the Grail is exiled onwards?"
>>
>>44195633
Keeping the count here

Banish (1)
Destroy (1)
>>
>>44195695
That's the literally the option "Banish".

Think of yourself as a glitch that's somehow making Katawa Shoujo run *Better*. If you debug it it's permanent.
>>
>>44195695
You mean like what brought us here?
>>
>>44195715
But would that be an equivalent exchange?
>>
>>44195743
No, it would undo all that we did.
Storyteller already said if we choose to leave and bring back Hisao all we did becones void, of you want to keep what we did you have to break our promise to Hisao.

Op can we get Hisao's opinion?
>>
>>44195743
This isn't FMA. I don't understand the point you're trying to make, it's not an exchange. The grail (you) took the place of Hisao. As you get out, the Universe heals that wound naturally.
>>
>>44195796
Could we fuse Hisao and the Grail/John/Sis
>>
>>44195782
I can write a scene with that, or just give you the tl;dr: Hisao thinks you should be gone, not because he hates you nor because he thinks he's better, not even for self-preservation. He perceives you as an alien body inside the Universe, and that's the only reason he believes you should leave.
>>
>>44195796
Fair enough. You can't blame me for wanting to find an out, but I suppose shit like lawyering the most out of wish or attempting to bend reality over our knee and ask for bullshit like "I wish everything would work out for the best" won't work in this case.

As expected of the Nasuverse, I suppose.
>>
>no harem route
why can't hisao do anything right
>>
>>44195825
You forgot the part where we're still ridiculously idealistic even after everything, and make him promise never to forget us and to unfuck everything in our place, because we share the unbreakable bond of friendship, give him our hair ribbons, and oh wait that's Madoka my bad.
>>
>>44195827
I guess life is hard. Should I count your vote as "exile" then?

>>44195818
Ok, this is what you're asking,
Imagine there's a cupboard which is totally full. What you're supposing we do is we put a (full) box of cereals inside another (full) box of cereals.
>>
File: 1448957593016.png (131 KB, 270x333) Image search: [Google]
1448957593016.png
131 KB, 270x333
>>44195877
>>
>>44195894
Or you open both and glue them together by the open ends, I've done that before for a middle school art project.
No relation to the quest, just reminiscing, don't mind me
>>
File: [X] Bring Ilya back.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
[X] Bring Ilya back.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>44195894
I was >>44195340, and my vote remains at Destruction still, if the future so refuses to change.
>>
>>44195894
Voting stay. Explain the problem to our bud, make sure he agrees. Otherwise, destroy.
>>
>>44195894
ok so I'm gonna go for destroy.
>>
>>44195900
Sans the bit about the ribbons, it's still pretty accurate, isn't it?
>>
>>44195934
You won't bring him to agree. Should I cast as destroy then?
>>
>>44195965
Did you count >>44195164
as banish?
>>
>>44195965
Yep
>>
>>44196007
You know what? it's a mess.

Sorry guys, let's do this over.

>Exile
>Destroy
>Seal
>>
File: Dad of the year all years.jpg (90 KB, 704x1188) Image search: [Google]
Dad of the year all years.jpg
90 KB, 704x1188
>>44196065
Destroy.

All things must end.
>>
>>44196065
Exile
>>
>>44196065
>Exile
>>
>>44196065
gonna keep this up 20 more minutes from now.
>>
>>44196156
Why not write a brief Hisao update while waiting for the votes?
>>
>>44196182
I am pre-writing some shit for later
>>
alright guys. Plenty of time was given, I thought more people wanted destroy, but we'll go for exile.
========
"Sister, I think it is time for us to go. This isn't our place"
"But... you could make this a better place...."
"Yes, yes I could. But that wouldn't be fair to Hisao. What I have been trying to convey to the girls is that even if something's not perfect, it's not worth it to throw it away. And they should know better than anyone else, given their... condition, so to say. Besides, there's a promise I made a friend of mine. This reality needs to be fixed"
"And what about Iwanako?"
You clench your fist. It's painful to think of leaving her alone.
"I must go, sister. If Hisao plays his cards right, which I have no doubt he will, Iwanako will have no reason to cry. Two wrongs don't make a right".
Your sister looks down, and nods heavily.
"So be it. Do you have any more requests?"
"I would like to wave goodbye to Hisao"

As if hearing your words, Hisao materializes next to your sister. He gives you the biggest smile ever.
"It is only half-fixed, Saber. The rest is up to you"
He gives you a thumb up. "I will no doubt do my best! Thank you a lot, Master. It was not all in vain, after all."
"It wasn't. Thank you, Saber. You're a friend true and blue"
You both come toward each other and hug, for the last time.
"Sister, can I? One last thing"

Lily is sitting on the bleachers just outside the running track proper. She's fidgeting with her charm.
"Hey, I came for that last hug"
"John? Is that you?"
"It is. But this is the last time. I am leaving, Lilly"
"I see. I can't blame you. After all, you must have an instinct of self-preservation too"
You get close to her and embrace her.
"Who knows. Maybe there's an universe big enough for me somewhere. It's worth a shot, right?"
"Of course". You feel something wet on your shoulder. Could she be crying?
"Farewell, John. I wish I could promise you I wouldn't forget you, but I can't"
"That's alright. I don't expect that".

(1/2)
>>
>>44196731
(2/2)

You stay like that for a couple of minutes, not saying anything. Then you hear Lilly humming something
"We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away"

You slowly get up, taking great care of not hurting her legs.

You turn around and start walking away.
Before long, you're back into the Central Node.
"Are you all done, John?"
"Hey don't call me like that, it's not like it's my true name anyway, right?"
"It's just better than always calling you brother!"
You take her hand and you start walking towards the light on the horizon.
"Hey, wanna know some funny facts about this universe?"
"Sure, might as well before we go"
"Your homeroom teacher, mr. Mutou, used to be very good at playing card games in his youth"
"Card games? Like Poker?"
"No, like, collectible card games. I guess it's a long story. Oh, the Nurse and Emi's mother are in a relationship"
"That's unexpected"
"I know right? Once the Nurse came over at Emi's place and he and her mother did..."
"Ok, ok! That's too much detail! What can you tell me about...."

You wake up. Your head feels heavy. 'Hangover. How unpleasant' . You regret going out with Kenji and getting hammered last night. Surely there was something that you could have done. This is no state to go to class, but Mutou could get suspicious

>cut class
>Go to class anyway.
>>
>>44196868
>Go to class anyway.
OOOH
>>
>>44196731
>>44196868
>Go to class anyway.

>only talked to Lilly
>didn't visit that 'certain friend'
Dammit John.
>>
>>44196868
>go to class
No goodbye kissu? Huehuehue, oh right only with sis.
>>
>>44196951
>>44196908
>>44196979

it's implied the Grail can't bring him that far, he just restored him where he was before joining the central node

Dragging yourself around, to the shower first and through the corridors afterwards, you finally reach your classroom just before the ringing of the bell.
The sound of it gives you waves of pain through your head.
You notice Hanako staring at you. You look back at her, and smile.
Surprisingly, she gets up and walks to you
"Oh...H-Hisao... Y-you are ok... I had a d-d-dream that...n-nevermind".
She turns around and goes back at her place.
Shizune and Misha seem to be absent today.

The lesson isn't that exciting, but you go through with it. When the lunch bell sounds, the pain is considerably less.

You head for the cafeteria, when a tiny girl with prosthetic legs you recognize comes to you.
"Hello, Hisao! Enjoyed the festival?"
"Eh... I guess. Did you?"
She smiles. "Of course! Come join me and Rin on the rooftop, we're having lunch?"

Without the will nor the way to decline the offer, you find yourself sitting with Emi and Rin and eating something cooked by Emi.
"How is it, Hisao?"
"Well, beats the cafeteria food any day".
You notice that Rin is laying on the ground, staring at the clouds.
You get up and lie next to her, glaring at the open blue sky. "It's rather comfortable", you say out loud. Rin pays no attention to you. Then she speaks up.
"Hisao, what if the savior of this world was gone forever?"
"Hm? And why would he be gone?"
"Because we were always really mean to him. Because we treated him like if he were a threat, just because he was different"
"Well, that's no good. But we can't we do anything now".
"I guess. Saviors. They come and go"

(1/2)
>>
>>44197184
(2/2)

You spend another minute in silence. Rin was always strange, but you feel like there's something more in her words this time.
"Why do you ask me?"
Emi unexpectedly responds.
"I guess... what Rin means is that... Maybe we didn't try to be your friends hard enough, and we're sorry you were all alone yesterday".
You get up, and smile friendly at Emi.
"It's ok. I brought that upon myself. Thank you for your concern and sorry for disappearing from our training"
She reciprocates the smile. "That's quite alright, I think I have been pushing you a bit too hard".
Another bell tolls. Time to go back to class.

Shizune and Misha are waiting for you there.
As soon as she notices you, Shizune starts signing furiously.
"Hicchan! Shicchan says she's really disappointed you didn't come with us at the festival! We would have had fun"
"You're right girls. I am sorry".

Your apology seems to take Shizune by surprise, who now seems to be more meek and maybe a little bit sad.
"Hicchan, Shicchan says she's sorry. We pushed this Student Council down your throat so much you decided not to hang with us. We will try to be better friends from now on, OK? OK! You can hang with us even if you don't join the Council".
'What is it today and all this friendship? Are they turning me into their charity case?'
Despite what you think, you bow politely towards the girls and thank them for the offer.

As classes finish, you get up and head for
>the tea room
>the library
>>
>>44197308
>the tea room
Hisao you forgetful fuck.

None of this would be a problem if Kenji had won the war.
>>
>>44197308
>the tea room

>>44197341
You are right, what the fuck
>>
>>44197308
>the library
>>
>>44197341
>>44197403
the tea room. You could really use some relax. Besides, what's not to like about a hot, steamy cup of tea?

As you get in, you notice Hanako and Lilly playing chess together.
"Ch-checkmate!", claims Hanako, excited.
"My,my Hanako. You've bested me".
"Good afternoon everybody. Mind if I join you for tea?"
Both girls turn towards you. Lilly must have heard your voice and recognized where it came from.
"Hisao, what a delightful surprise. Come on in and make yourself comfortable"
You sit on the chair, next to Lilly and in front of Hanako, as she pours tea for all of you.

"How was the festival, Hisao?"
"I sort of regret not spending it with nicer people. But I guess I will make up for it next time. After all, Tanabata is coming up soon"
"That is true, Hisao. Please consider hanging around with us by then. I talked with Hanako and we both considered that we wouldn't mind having you around some more at all."
'This is the third time today already. What's going on?'
"Why all this concern, Lilly?"
She takes a sip before answering. "A week is a short time to get adjusted into a new environment. We just want to help you. Is something bothering you?"
"No, no. At all. I am just flattered. Thank you a lot".
Lilly smiles. "No problem, Hisao. The door of our tea room is always open to you".

(1/2)
>>
>>44197737
You stare out at the window, looking at the red lights of the dying sun. Your loneliness was always your own fault. People here tried to get to know you, but you just retreated within your own shell. It's really fortunate to have another chance at putting things right.
You hear Lilly humming something in English. You don't quite understand it, as English is one of your worst subjects.
"What are you singing, Lilly?"
"Oh, a song my grandfather used to sing to me when I was younger. It's a song about the war, and the hope of meeting your loved ones again. It's called 'we'll meet again'"
"How melancholic"
"Not at all. It's a song of hope and optimism, even in such dark circumstances as a war".

You lean back against the chair, staring at the roof.
Hope in dark times. What a precious and scarce good. Even if your past life is gone, you can build something new here, something meaningful. You have hope too, despite your mistakes, and despite all you've lost.

"You are right. Teach me that song, someday".

========== TRUE ENDING ========

Thank you everybody.
>>
>>44197805
thank you.
pretty good story
>>
File: Hug.gif (453 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Hug.gif
453 KB, 300x169
>>44197805
Thanks for the wild ride, OP.

>TRUE ENDING
Even though we seemed to fuck up in numerous places?
>>
By the way, while I am still around, would you like a final session of q&a tomorrow?
>>
>>44197805
Pretty nice story, shame only part of it got archived.
Do you plan on running another quest some time?
>>
>>44197901
Thanks, bud
>>
>>44197901
That'd be cool, specially if we might know more about what could've been.

like the BAD ENDs or WORST ENDs
>>
>>44197901
Do it.

Or do it now.

Or do both.

Hearing your comments on our path through the story and seeing what would have happened had we played differently would be great. inb4 library on last choice leads to Kenji-related Bad End
>>
>>44197896
well you embarked on what is possibly my favorite route of the ones I planned, your fuck ups were rather minor.
>>
>>44197967
>you get ass raped by kenji
Bad End or Best End?
>>
>>44197908
I have all of it on the pastebins, don't you worry
>>44197942
>>44197967
I can stay ten more minutes, then it's gonna be 2 am and I need some sleep. Tomorrow we can talk more in detail.
>>
>>44197805
seeya thanks for the fun!
>>
>>44198001
What would've happened if anons voted to pursue romance with one of the girls?
>>
>>44198001
Quick summary if you have time, then - what were the actual overall routes, and what would the consequences of the different choices in this thread in particular have been?
>>
>>44198055
Unfortunately, all sex scenes in this quest are disabled.
>>
File: 1449492874937.gif (3 MB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
1449492874937.gif
3 MB, 640x349
>>44198088
holy fuck anon, 10/10
>>
>>44198088
well memed
>>44198055
There wasn't an outright option for that. It's not that I don't like romance, I just feel too many quests already offer option of waifuism.
>>44198056
This thread had only the decision about the grail as being major and defining of the end. The rest were pretty much flavor decisions, which wouldn't have changed much.

One of the major routes I was planning is one in which you touch Emi's Core Heartache, sending her in a comatose state. That would cause retaliation from all girls, unaware of her attempts to kill you. You and Saber forge a darker bond, but I didn't fully work on the development.

Another route involved an alliance with Lilly. Eventually you would have felt betrayed by the fact she concealed your true nature to you and you would have killed her. Again the rest of the story isn't totally fleshed out, but it's likely that the final decision would have involved exiling/destroying yourself so that Lilly would have been still alive.
>>
>>44198274
don't tire yourself too much today if it's too late, man.
that said, knowing of these wildly different possibilities fills me with curiosity. still I am a pacient man
>>
>>44198318
I guess I will disclose more tomorrow then.

Till then!
>>
>>44198274
You best be ready to answer hours upon hours of questions tomorrow, OP.

But we are not without mercy, and so permit you to go to sleep. For now.
>>
>>44198352
see you!
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.