[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - Star Wars General: YT QT Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: Outrider_-_SWGTCG.jpg (153 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Outrider_-_SWGTCG.jpg
153 KB, 512x512
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>44187379

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
What's a good ship for a bounty hunter?
>>
So, I'm having some trouble deciding on the soft retcons I want for my Remnant game, they mostly involve rolling back Super-weapon creep, taking /swg/s idea about Daala being more of a ground and trooper commander than an admiral, and making a less-stupid version of Dark Empire.

I decided on Clone Palpatine as a figurehead that wasn't (Completely?) possessed by the original's sith spirit who is eventually outed leading to the chaos of the Empire turning on itself shortly after retaking Coruscant. No Suncrusher, No galaxy gun, Yes Eclipse 1&2, Maybe World Devastators. Yes Eye of Palpatine (The Senex/Juvex got their dirty hands on it and managed to mostly repair it.) Knight Hammer survives Endor but is partially destroyed, ends up getting fused with deepdock shipyard segments to form a mobile construction station instead of bothering with a full repair.

Also, am I the only one here who always confuses Generals Madine, Reikan, and Cracken?

>>44192135
That includes buying "Fresh" fissile material and storing the Still-recyclable but off-limits waste I'd imagine.
>>
File: Houndstooth-NEGVV.jpg (303 KB, 1781x1180) Image search: [Google]
Houndstooth-NEGVV.jpg
303 KB, 1781x1180
>>44192113
Whatever gets the job done.

If you look at some of the ships used by bounty hunters in the EU, there's a lot of variance. They're usually souped up, like a smuggler's ship too. Personally, I like to make wholecloth custom ships because EotE makes it pretty painless.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bounty_hunter_starships
>>
Sorry, I asked last thread but had to leave home so I couldnt read the replies so I will just ask again.

I am thinking about getting into X-wing, what should I get? I havent decided about a faction yet, currently thinking about empire or rebels. Should I get two old core sets, two new or just one of each?
>>
>>44192306
Just pirate the pdf's and make proxies out of paper if you actually care about the game.

If not, just go play with micromachines some more.
>>
>>44192306
I'd personally recommend one of each - a nice spread of ships, up-to-date rules, and two of each of the peripherals (rulers, dice, etc.). For expanded stuff, Millennium Falcon is still King Shit of Fuck Mountain in the meta, so DEFINITELY get one of those.
>>
So I'm working my way though Clone Wars right now and fnding myself pleasantly surprised. How does Rebels stack up?
>>
>>44192435
Right, I shouldn't have expected an actual answer.

>>44191970
B-Wing is Best-Wing.
>>
>>44192566
You don't mean the ship in the OP, right?
'Cause I'm pretty sure that's a YT-2400.
>>
File: 3256847523455.jpg (345 KB, 1280x638) Image search: [Google]
3256847523455.jpg
345 KB, 1280x638
>>44192521

more of the same mediocre low budget cartoon.

at least watch the only decent star wars cartoon.
>>
What's a good fighter type for a semi-elite unit out hunting rebels in about 0 BBY?

My AoR players are closing on Contribution Rank 5, and they've been rustling a lot of imperial jimmies lately - I think it's time they attract some dedicated attention. But at the same time I haven't done enough stuff with all the Imperial fighters to be sure what's a good match. Hunters feels too elite, but even if Interceptors (as far as I know anyway) are brand spanking new I'm not sure they present enough of a challenge to be intimidating.
>>
>>44192521
Budget's nowhere NEAR as high, so the animation is a bit worse and the models are sparser, with more cut-and-pastes, the stories only seem to up the stakes rarely.
>>
>>44192251
I'm assuming that Luke doesn't step in to the dark side revolving door in this one?
Also, I'd suggest showing the NR navy as being fairly heavy on ex-imperial craft, as it really should be.
>>
>>44192696
a bunch of Inquisitors made a bet over which one can take them down first maybe?
>>
>>44192696
Maybe modified TIE Advanceds?
>>
>>44192638
No, just reassering the best starfighter.
>>
File: obi wan.jpg (109 KB, 736x1137) Image search: [Google]
obi wan.jpg
109 KB, 736x1137
How come Obi Wan didn't teach Luke the ways of the Jedi sooner?

Lars wouldn't let him?
>>
>>44192369
all right thanks
>>
>>44192863
Because we're in love with an idiotic franchise.
>>
>>44192696
Honestly, the only TIE Variant in existence at the time was the Advanced. Of course you could pull some time string and say the Advanced was finished a year or two earlier which would allow you to get away with Interceptors and maybe Avengers.

Defenders look stupid though.
>>
TFA has been spoiled for me. Personally, having still not seen it myself and judging solely by the plot, I do not think it will be bad, it will be better than the PT but don't expect something that lives up to the OT. I will not share plot details unless asked, but I will say the following prediction about reactions to the movie:

It will not be a polarizing movie. It will be considered on par with ANH at first for reasons that will be obvious once you see it, but will drift down to RotJ levels in time.

People will say it is the "most amazingest" movie ever just like with the prequels or Avengers/Jurassic World and any criticism will be handwaved with two excuses: "At least it's better than the PT you entitled brat, nothing could meet your expectations!" or "We haven't seen the whole trilogy yet so it's not fair to judge it!"

And for those curious about Rey in particular: Acquaint yourself with the term "Mary Sue".
>>
>>44193110
>TFA has been spoiled for me

give me the mp4 plz
>>
File: kyloford.jpg (267 KB, 1863x933) Image search: [Google]
kyloford.jpg
267 KB, 1863x933
>>44193110

We've all seen the redlettermedia trailer review.

We all know the plot as well.

Nobody cares because this is advertising only. Some of us are getting paid.
>>
What's your starship's name?
>>
>>44193156
>people are paid to post in a thread I made
Pretty neat desu. I'll make them post in a Rosh thread next time.
>>
>>44193060

TIE Interceptors were first deployed at Turkana in 1 BBY as testbed models, so early production runs could easily be out just prior to Battle of Yavin.
>>
Fucks sakes boys, let's get back on track:
How usable would X-wing be for running a Battletech-style ongoing mercenary campaign?
>>
File: star wars sale.jpg (221 KB, 1308x822) Image search: [Google]
star wars sale.jpg
221 KB, 1308x822
I haven't played either X-Wing or Armada, and amazon is putting a big Star Wars sale on the FFL board games and expansions.

I'm up for buying both core games, and I am considering investing a decent amount into expansions on one of these (also on sale). Any recommendations as to which would provide more fun for the extra miniatures?
>>
>>44193160
I think "Deft Hand" is a cool name for a ship.

Two of my players are a smuggler & bounty hunter duo (he's the brains, running contraband across the outer rim; she's the brawn, taking jobs in whatever scummy spaceports they wind up in along the way). I'm interested to see what names they come up with.
>>
>>44192863
Lars wouldn't let him.
>>
>>44193310
... I kinda want Luke's X-Wing to be named "Cool Hand."
>>
>>44193437
Well, I suppose it is pretty cool if it's made of metal.
>>
File: XS800.png (51 KB, 380x210) Image search: [Google]
XS800.png
51 KB, 380x210
>>44193160
This is a Corellian XS-800 Freighter, the "Oddball". I don't know where this ship came from, but it is NOT within the set parameters for a civilian transport. It has been illegally modified with two laser cannons, a proton torpedo launcher, escape pods, a completely new sublight engine, several stealth and communications jamming additions, AND a large secret cargo area. Not the prettiest ship, but an excellent ship, IF you're a smuggler.
>>
All that work literally removed a poster from the poster count. gg.

>>44193160

Hot Getaway.
>>
File: 1445027959541.jpg (41 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
1445027959541.jpg
41 KB, 500x306
>>44192369
I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the Falcon is still king of the hill in the competitive meta. Sure it could still kick ass in casual, but with TLT spam putting it on a death timer and the approach of "fuck your 1 agility" Tractor Beams it's not the brick house it used to be.

Poe Dameron with spend-focus-to-regen bot is currently a big deal due to being right in the middle of good health (and reliable regen which is bonkers), good speed, and good action/focus economy.
>>
>>44193541
Poe'll break down to Tractor Beam just like anyone else (hell, even with Autothrusters he's only rolling 2 dice), at least.

Fuck that guy and fuck seeing him on the table in his fugly broken-s-foiled ship.
>>
>>44193110
oh wow a Mary Sue character?

that shit's unprecedented in star wars

whoops i tripped over a farmboy whose home gets burned down and secretly has magic powers a wizard teaches him how to use better than anyone ever and also he's secretly the bad guy's son who eventually convinces him to become a good guy

also he's secretly a prince
>>
>>44193110
So it might be worth going to for the purpose of satiating the hype and getting a dose of sci-fi spectacle, but not the next coming of Film Jesus?

Eh, as long as it's better than J.J.'s last sci-fi reboot.
>>
>>44193566
So, as an Imperial player who likes Interceptors, is there anything I can do about Tractor Beams?

Are they just the new hotness soon as this coming wave hits?
>>
>>44193593
I take it you don't actually know what a Mary Sue is.
>>
>>44193603
Unless your opponent wastes a full Outrider-Dash, they can't be turrets.

You can arc-dodge them like any other primary arc, just don't let them get more than one arc on you on a turn where they can get a tractor token through.
>>
>>44193593
>Luke
>a prince
How? His pappa was a slave and his mamma comes from a planet where Queen is an elected position.
>>
>>44193110
I knew this would happen, but how bad is it?
How much of a mary sue is that character.
>>
>>44193231
I've only played X-Wing, but I hear Imp. Assault is accessible to a wider audience with preset scenario and free skirmish modes while Armada is there for that breed of nerd that loves commanding imaginary spaceships going all WW2 on each other.

Armada ships are prepainted (a bit worse than X-Wing's nice minis IMO) while IA's minis are bare plastic, so factor in your capacity and interest for painting dudes.
>>
>>44193647
Again, I don't think it will be bad. Keep in mind, I haven't seen the movie yet and this is based entirely on spoilers. That alone should tell you something: I'm still planning to see the movie.

Regarding Rey's Mary Sue status: Without training, she is as powerful as RotJ Luke - in other words, she is naturally a match for Vader in terms of the Force, she is an expert lightsaber combatant the first time she picks it up and a crack pilot to boot.
>>
>>44193620
Not that guy, but I'll bite. From what I know a Mary Sue character is just a character that is put into a low position, but is actually perfect and saves the day. What are you referring to?
>>
>>44193603
>>44193638
Note that somebody with a cannon slot is ditching their actual attack to debuff your evasion, so it only works if their squad could focus fire your guy in the first place.

At least until the Tie/D shows up and rapes everyone.
>>
>>44193702
>that last bit
dangit

at least luke wanted to be a pilot in the first place
>>
>>44193738
There is more I could say about Rey but it would necessitate major spoilers. Honestly, some of it makes my heart hurt for the future.
>>
>>44193756
>>44193738
Goddamn, I was hoping I could last longer before going on blackout.

Guess I'll be back in three days
>>
>>44193714
"Mary Sue" originally comes from a little girl character in a Star Trek fanfic showing up on the bridge of the Enterprise and doing everyone's job twice as well.

It used to depend on the character being a probable self-insert into a fan-written work of a pre-existing setting that the author then twists in narrative and scope to revolve around that character.

Nowadays it's something like "the plot and writing revolves around this character too much and it's unrealistic/I don't like it"
>>
>>44193785
Have a good time at the movie!
>>
>>44193714
The low position thing, extraordinary power and saving the day are now superfluous with the whole PERFECT thing.
>>
>>44193756
Just tell me one thing.

Does it involve Midi-Chlorians?
>>
>>44193714
Honestly, the most important thing about a Mary-Sue is that the CAN DO NO WRONG.
>>
>>44193875
As far as I know, midichlorians or immaculate conception are not mentioned at all in this movie.
>>
>>44193956
Just tell me, a different person, one thing.

are the RLM guys basically on the money with their predictions
>>
>>44193956
Oh Thank God.
>>
>>44193974
I will get back to you, I don't remember all their predictions so I'm gonna rewatch it.
>>
>>44193956
I am also a different person and I request one thing.

How much screen time does Luke get?
>>
You wonder if the actors from the Original Trilogy ever read the EU books and what they thought about what their characters did?
>>
>>44193904

So the Rebel Alliance is a mary sue?
>>
WE BLACK INK NOW
>>
File: 1439077524268.jpg (57 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1439077524268.jpg
57 KB, 846x846
>>44193702
>Rey
>powerful Force-sensitive
>a crack pilot to boot
>>
>>44194009
Not much.
>>
File: 1450213146874.jpg (599 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1450213146874.jpg
599 KB, 1000x800
>>44194009
Technically he gets almost all of it.

I am making a new campaign and i want to have more original characters than this. Thoughts?
>>
>>44194026
No, no, you misunderstand. By "Do no wrong" I mean "will never, ever fail and always does everything for the right reasons and is either loved by everyone or hated by everyone."

The Rebel Alliance is fallible, its members don't always do the right thing, some have less than honest motivations and opinions on it are very mixed.

It's also an organization, not a person.
>>
File: Aurore-class freighter.jpg (39 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
Aurore-class freighter.jpg
39 KB, 500x298
>>44193160
Aurore-class freighter
"Humble Herring"
The crew of the Herring use the sturdy freighter to lead their daring campaign against Stamas the Hutt. Equipped with sensor jammers and a broadcast system built for holonet subterfuge, the Herring was elusive and masterful at misdirecting the enemy, though was less than capable in a firefight. The fore of the ship held a single set of dual-laser canons, and a single anti personnel blaster cannon that was wildly ineffective against even small fighter craft. When worst came to worst, the Herring could deploy its signature Vulture droid, the Crazy Colo. Colo's programming was housed within the herring itself, since its body would often be sacrificed to allow the Herring to escape.

The Herring was captained by small time criminal Phalts, and was crewed by his Lurmen assistant and engineer, Anice, and new associate, the jedi in hiding Rane Dreyland.

Together, the crew of the Herring accomplished many incredible feats, including the theft of a Jedi holocron from Stamas the Hutt himself to the theft of an Acclamator-class assault ship from a local warlord.

Though by far their most well known exploit was their ultimately failed attempt to steal several artifacts from the once Jedi temple on Coruscant. Though the effort was in vein, the crew of the Herring's defiance of the empire inspired several many to bring up arms against their cruel oppressors, and the legend of great jedi theif Rane Dreyland lives on in whispers and illegal holodramas all around the outer rim.
>>
>>44193160
The "Star Eagle"

Yes, it's that kind of name.
>>
File: 1443486039780.jpg (72 KB, 295x541) Image search: [Google]
1443486039780.jpg
72 KB, 295x541
>>44194039
>It's worse than they thought.
I guess I'm not surprised.
>>
>>44193474
Really? No one gets that reference?
>>
>>44194087

But they never fail and none of their motives or actions are ever negatively judged. It fits the bill.
>>
>>44194026
>Mary Sue

Did you even WATCH Empire Strikes Back? The good guys are either running for their lives or getting their shit pushed in every single moment.

Hell, even at Endor things got pretty damn desperate.
>>
>>44194111
you thought it was funny? cool hand luke. oh wow.

Move on with your life.
>>
>>44194117
You've never watched Star Wars, have you?
>>
>>44194117
>they never fail
The Rebs got their asses kicked at Hoth and on the Tantive IV. Endor and Yavin were also pyrrhic victories that were only won through sheer luck.
>>
What's with all the dickbags in /swg/ today?
>>
>>44193160
The Raider Class Corvette "Investigator". I like to believe that I modified it for carrying starfighters and armed it either with heavier turbolasers/ion cannons or with extra proton torpedo launchers.
>>
>>44194150
Disney marketing and grognard counter-marketing?
>>
File: -_Card.png (262 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
-_Card.png
262 KB, 300x418
Are PTL Tie swarms with an Epsilon Leader a good idea?
>>
>>44194132
>>44194146
>>44194132

A failure would be if they lost the battle instead of escaping.

The alliance are perfect and everyone loves them. The special editions prove that with the celebration scenes.
>>
>>44193593
>also he's secretly a prince

shit you're right
>>
>>44194150

They're called star wars fans.
>>
>>44193160
"Cunt destroyer"
>>
>>44191970
What game would you use to play Star Trek?

I'm not sure where else to ask and I don't want to make a new topic. Sorry.
>>
>>44194117
Yeah, remember how they wiped the floor with the Empire at the battle of Hoth... Oh right, they got their asses kicked, like they do all the time at battles that arn't Yavin or Endor.
>>
>FF
>Saga
>D6

How do they all stack up to one another?
>>
>>44194181
That's not how Youngster works.

But yes, if you're just talking about PTL Black Squadron Pilots, it'll work
>>
>>44194181
Are you suggesting that youngster grants PTL to your swarm? because that would be wrong.
>>
>>44194182
>A failure would be if they lost the battle instead of escaping.
>An army that retreats after taking extremely heavy casualties has not failed or lost the battle
You do realize that not all battles end in the complete annihilation of the losing force, right?
>>
>>44194209
Lasers and Feelings.
>>
>>44194209
There are multiple Star Trek RPGs. FASA is the most well-known and the oldest official one.

Lasers and Feelings, as the other guy suggested, for super-rules-light. Far Trek for TOS emulation and weirdness.
>>
>>44194117

>Never Fail
>Tantive IV
>Everyone dies or is captured, save two droids that were thrown out in an escape pod
>Yavin, losing over 90% of the attack force, and only winning on the last minute on a hail mary play when a literal space ghost told his protege to ignore logic and science and go with the heart.
>Hoth
>Do i even need to explain this one?
>>
>>44194039
>but someone called their dad in to police the thread for microaggressions.
You mean for spoilers? Which have always been against the rules?
>>
>>44194130
>Move on with your life.
The fuck does that even mean in this context?
>>
>>44194182
Well Darth Vader got away at Yavin! The Empire never louses! Marry Sue!!!! Changing the definition of victory to support your opinion works both ways.
>>
File: V-150_ion_cannon_SWB.png (2 MB, 1431x982) Image search: [Google]
V-150_ion_cannon_SWB.png
2 MB, 1431x982
>>44194232
Yeah, the ones where one side has the ability to retreat don't.

Do you not know the meaning of decimate? Where did they even go when they left hoth? Why couldn't they be followed through hyperspace?

Oh, right, mary sue gun fixed it.
>>
>>44194181
PTL isn't an "action on your equipped elite upgrade card" so you'd have to take black squadron pilots and give it to them individually
>>
>>44194039
Which video is this?
>>
>>44194227
>>44194229
Forgive me Im rather new at Xwing. Upon reading Youngster closer, I think I understand it to be when an elite modification has the bold ACTION: do shit, your friendly ties in range can choose to do that action. Right?
>>
>>44194257
>>Everyone dies or is captured, save two droids that were thrown out in an escape pod

>the point of the mission was to keep the death star plans out of the empire's hands
>complete success
>obviously failure.

Star wars fans just can't be reasoned with.
>>
>>44194295
100% correct sir
>>
File: RUJp2qC.jpg (662 KB, 2699x1956) Image search: [Google]
RUJp2qC.jpg
662 KB, 2699x1956
>>44194279
I'm not even going to bother.

Instead, have this picture.
>>
>>44194295
Yea. So things like Expert Handling or Marksmanship
>>
>>44194279
Because you can't follow people in Hyperspace in Star Wars without a tracking device on the ship. Since like always.
>>
>>44194292
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oifhpT0HZ7Q
>>
>>44193974
>>44194006
Okay, I'm not all the way through the video but:

Some are spot-on others are way off. Some can't be answered yet. Give me specifics and I'll confirm/deny but I have other stuff to do today.
>>
>>44194329
Thanks guy.
>>
>>44194279

To the rendezvous point that Artoo was raising holy hell about Luke not going there. And its not THAT hard to escape someone, just set a course for a point in deep space, and then jump again immediately.
>>
File: 1417801923773.jpg (76 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
1417801923773.jpg
76 KB, 640x456
>>44194150
The new movie's out in like 48 hours, gotta celebrate the occasion with a flood of shitposting.
>>
>>44194299
Well your posting about star wars in a star wars thread and you can't be reasoned with so I would say you are correct sir.
>>
>>44194299

Why are you even here if you profess to not be a star wars fan?
>>
>>44194330
Nah, don't worry about it. You've said so much with so few words.

I wasn't too excited about the new movies, but now I am kind of dreading them
>>
>>44194150
School is out for winter break
>>
File: t-65 and t-70 cockpits.jpg (220 KB, 845x718) Image search: [Google]
t-65 and t-70 cockpits.jpg
220 KB, 845x718
>>44194330
Does our new pilot get a good amount of screen time or did he get Wedge'd?
>>
>>44194328
When are we shown the tracking device being put on the millennium falcon?

Cause otherwise, as is typical, you're just making shit up.
>>
File: GamerGirlInSpace.gif (5 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GamerGirlInSpace.gif
5 MB, 1280x720
Come on guys, you should know better.

Just take a deep breath and watch this gif for a bit.
>>
>>44194321
Think Expose would be wise? I havent dipped into the Elite slot much short of PTL
>>
>>44194396
Vader and Tarkin literally discuss the tracking device during a scene on the Death Star.
>>
>>44194330
were they right about
A: Kylo Ren being Han's son and Rey being Luke's daughter

B:The Death Star hidden under the ground/disguised as a planet?

C:Luke fucking off to his own version of Dagobah/Tattooine to hide out like Yoda and Obi-wan did?
>>
>>44194396
>Confirmed for not watching Star Wars.
>>
>>44194396
haven't you learned not to take this guy's bait by now?
>>
>>44194423
oh come on, B has to be correct

it just has to be
>>
>>44194424
>shitting on someone for not knowing every word of dialogue for a movie you see maybe once every decade.

Wew lad. Coming on a bit strong aren't we?
>>
>>44194372
I'm still planning to see it. As I said, I don't think it will be terrible. But it's definitely no longer a passion project trying to tell a story and the transformation to cash cow "cinematic universe" is now complete.

>>44194386
Wedge'd, sorry.

>>44194423
A: Yes to Kylo, Rey isn't answered in this one.

B: No one bothered to write this for sure but I can only assume it's true. It's definitely another superweapon plot.

C: True-ish.
>>
>>44194438

What kind of schizophrenia makes you think everyone is out to get you?

I just assume people have stupid opinions.
>>
>>44194410
I think he's referring to the part where Fett chases them. Of course, Fett probably has some idea of what friends Han has from Jabba, and a course showing the direction he was heading.
>>
>>44194448
I watched it maybe... twice. Last time was about 6 years ago. I remembered that scene.
>>
>>44194407
To be honest, I'm not hugely experienced either.

It sounds like it could be potentially devastating but you'd have to be careful with it.
>>
>>44194466
>schizophrenia
That's the one where sounds and colors start to blend together, you're thinking of Paranoia
>>
>>44194466
It's called Paranoia.
>>
File: 1444680046212.jpg (23 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
1444680046212.jpg
23 KB, 356x256
>>44194464
>wedged
>>
The squadron builder I use for X-Wing says that all tech is unique, but I don't see the unique tag on the cards themselves and it seems like a weird thing to make unique. Is there a rule I don't know about?
>>
>>44194467

This.

I mean, if they had a tracking device on the falcon, was fett the only one who had the signal, or is the empire literally retarded?

I mean, it's bad enough that nobody looked out the windows, but to say that it's also emitting a tracking signal is too much to believe.
>>
File: 1416287829321.jpg (67 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
1416287829321.jpg
67 KB, 350x526
>>44194448
>implying you're old enough to deal in decades
>>
>>44194464
>Wedge'd
This is a crime that should be punishable in the Hague.
>>
File: avenger2.jpg (56 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
avenger2.jpg
56 KB, 856x480
>>44194517
>>
>>44194523
Spoiler your greentext.
>>
help me come up with ideas for minor warlords in the post-endor, pre-thrawn era
so far I've come up with

>clone wars vet who wants to establish his own jedi unit to be his super-generals

>secretly pro-NR, but is biding his time before publicly joining

>wants to strike out into the unknown regions and carve out his own empire, but his fleet commanders aren't so much up for it

anyone have any good ideas?
>>
>>44194501
>>44194494
No, paranoia is one thing, but imagining that everyone is set out to get you is a symptom of schizophrenia.

Anyone who honestly thinks "they're being trolled" has severe issues.
>>
>>44194546
to clarify, those are three different warlords, not one guy
>>
>>44194546
That one General from the Clone Wars you see in the Cantina. The fugitive from the Empire.
>>
>>44193160
what, you've never heard of the Aluminum Falcon?
>>
>>44194607
She'll make the Kessel Run in 24 parsecs
>>
>>44194578
Not really. It's either "someone is really this fucking stupid and/or autistic" or "I'm being trolled." Some people prefer the latter because the former is just depressing.
>>
>>44194517
>>44194539

Wait someone explain this.

I always thought fett just followed the falcon.
>>
>>44194672
He did. They removed the tracking device from the Falcon after Yavin IV.
>>
>>44194630
Why is someone who disagrees with your opinions automatically stupid or has a mental disorder?

Is there a word for that other than arrogance?
>>
>>44194672
he did. he guessed how han would hide from the empire, and headed to han's nearest contact's location, which was bespin.
he was just really good at anticipating han's next move
>>
>>44194243
>>44194255
Thanks gents, Far Trek looks about what I wanted.
>>
>>44194690
That particular example only applies for specific situations which are all too common.

There was a thread a few days back where some guy insisted that Han China's military was inferior to Rome's because Han China never conquered Rome.
>>
>>44194712

Han only knows one guy who he barely likes and played cards with once maybe a decade previously and boba fett was the only one who could learn that?
>>
>>44194750
In reality, Fett, like the Empire guessed Han's location based on their last known trajectory. They gambled and won big, however (as we all know) Han and Leia were just bait
>>
>>44194517
>>44194672
>>44194712
>>44194750
Fett got Han's general heading and was probably close enough to realize how badly damaged the Falcon was to be limping on its backup hyperdrive and that the only friendly person nearby would be Lando.
>>
File: Yamato 2199 Siege of Alteria.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Yamato 2199 Siege of Alteria.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>44194777

Then that opens a plot hole as earlier in the film they could have followed any of the transports that were slowly flying off hoth one at a time.

Because again, the fact that the alliance won proves that it's a mary sue.

You don't win against a unified galaxy's resources and military might. Not without the power of plot.
>>
>>44194750
A) Fett was hunting Solo for a while and he had done his research
B) Falcon was traveling slow since its hyperdrive was damaged. It was easy to track based on its trajectory.
>>
>>44194750
>barely likes
"It's not a system, he's an old friend."
>played cards with once maybe a decade previously
How many people know exactly where the random guy they played poker with once lives?
>and boba fett was the only one who could learn that?
He has probably been tracking down as much information about Han as possible, once you have a handful of friends and some links between them finding more is much simpler. Private investigators do it all the time for much less.
>>
>>44194407
There are so many good EPTs... Push the Limit should only be auto-chosen for A-Wings and Interceptors, and even then there are exceptions lime Tur Phenir, who benefits more from Vet Instincts.

Expose would work well with Youngster and a swarm of Ties. Suddenly having a bunch of no-name Tie Fighters jump up from 2 attack dice to 3, could be hideously brutal. And who the fuck cares if you lose one or two but manage to gun down a Poe or Dash under a pile of red dice?
>>
>>44194802
They did follow those transports. Quite a few were destroyed or captured. They had a rendezvous point to get to, but they took circuitous routes to get there and not all of them made it.
>>
How much XP, credits and obligation should EotE characters start with? I can't find anything in the book.
>>
>>44194836
>"It's not a system, he's an old friend."
And then the two show that there is bad blood between them, as lando seems to think han cheated him out of the falcon, and for such a good friend he didn't give han any warnings about the fact that vader was right inside.

>How many people know exactly where the random guy they played poker with once lives?
Literally none. Is this a galaxy or a small town?

>He has probably been tracking down as much information about Han as possible, once you have a handful of friends and some links between them finding more is much simpler. Private investigators do it all the time for much less.
The empire lacks these resources?
>>
>>44194802
Not necessarily a plot hole.
If the rebels were smart, each transport would head to a different system, and they'd change their heading once clear of the Empire's sensors. The Empire probably could track them all down eventually, but at the cost of their resources and each unit's coherence with the main fleets as forces would be spread thin searching the whole galaxy.
>>
>>44194836
>research the previous owner of the Falcon
>oh, it belonged to this guy that just happens to be in the direction Han's heading
>found him.
>>
>>44194900

I think the galaxy-spanning empire can spare the ships about a billion times more readily than the isis alliance could.
>>
>>44194928
>i'll just look it up on corellia blue book! good thing i had vader check the VIN before he hired me!
>>
>>44194930
The biggest mistake the Rebels made (in terms of evading the Empire) was to use easily identifiable Mon Cal ships instead of something that would better blend in
>>
>>44194802
Sure the Imperials can get the COURSE they took out, but not how FAR they went down that course before dropping out of hyperspace to take a NEW course where nobody was looking.

THAT is what makes tracking a Hyperspace jump so difficult.

(Some EU stuff said that there is tech with a limited ability to tell how far an object went before leaving Hyperspace but it only ever showed up in one trilogy I think, and was not 100% accurate, plus it was set well after endor)
>>
>>44194953

They were probably all that was left from some war the empire had earlier. They sure look like heaps of trash. Space Toyota Technicals.
>>
>>44194978
They're actually pretty prized ships (despite being unworkable for non-Mon Cal's). They're as much works of art as they are re-purposed shipping vessels.
>>
>>44194928
This.

It's fucking Fett. Hired by Jabba. Fett knew exactly who the fuck originally owned the Falcon. If not because Jabba told him, it'd be because any good bounty hunter or smuggler would know the story. Or, because "spessship-fax.spess" has the Falcon's Spess vehicular registration number on file with Corellia/Bespin, and Fett at least knows how to do a space-google search for ship records like a competent bounty hunter should.
>>
>>44195003

The empire doesn't have spies that are as good if not better than a common crook who is only famous because he bruce wayned his way into it?

C'mon. You're just making excuses now.
>>
>>44194953
At the point where the Mon Cals began using their ships for the Rebellion, they were dully committee to it's cause and that was already known by the Empire.
>>
>>44194930
Maybe if Palps hadn't blown all those taxpayer creds on Death Stars and blow.

But seriously, though, Vader's fleet was in the Outer Rim--the arse end of the galaxy, which even the Empire was unable to completely police or garrison. Hoth barely warranted a look--even Vader's officers were skeptical about Hoth having any Reb presence. A shitball planet like that isn't going to have many Imp ships nearby because it's strategically worthless. And even if the Empire had the ships (it most likely did), it would still have taken time for those ships to arrive and patrol their new AOs. In the meantime, other Rebel cells and criminal elements have a whole new slew of holes in Imperial security and patrol routes to exploit.
>>
File: SW4-SE-YavinOrbit3.jpg (12 KB, 608x256) Image search: [Google]
SW4-SE-YavinOrbit3.jpg
12 KB, 608x256
Why didn't the death star come out of hyperspace where it didn't have to wait to traverse Yavin?

Why didn't the death star fire through the upper layers of yavin's atmosphere?
>>
>>44195061
would have dumped so much energy into the gas giant that it would have fused and toasted the death star
>>
>>44195051

So how did fett even know that the falcon had stuck itself to the star destroyer? He predicted that too?
>>
>>44195061
To build suspense.
>>
>>44195079
It's a tactic Han used before and Boba would know about.
>>
>>44195078

Hahaha good one. Gas giants fusing. hah. good troll.

if that was the case then they could have blown up yavin hours before they even entered orbit.
>>
>>44195027

The empire might have those details on file, it doesn't know that Han and Lando are kind of friends/known associates.
Boba Fett on the other hand would notice that Lando signed the ship over when it was docked at a notorious underground gambling den and would put a request to the den for more information.
Who would then piss themselves because it's fucking Boba Fett and give him everything he wants.
>>
>>44195027
Even modern militaries use independant contractors. Not "common crooks". It also helps that you have no ties to them, other than hiring them for a job. If they make a mess of a situation, it's not your fault and you don't know why they're there.

Also, don't underestimate upper management, or even lower management's ability to be completely detached from street level rumor-mill. Smuggler stories fly under the radar of officers who are obsessed with their promotions and not getting choked to death. Spies take time to set up, and (while professional) aren't exactly expedient, seeing as they're salary.
>>
>>44195061
They probably didn't have all that much data on where Yavin's planets and moons would be since it's a backwater.

And because for whatever reason, be it fear of creating a mini-star that would cook the deathstar or the Gas Giant just being too thick to blast through without possibly causing the (Once per 24 hour) shot to miss.
>>
>>44195099
>The empire might have those details on file, it doesn't know that Han and Lando are kind of friends/known associates.
>Boba Fett on the other hand would notice that Lando signed the ship over when it was docked at a notorious underground gambling den and would put a request to the den for more information.

So we're just accepting that boba fett batman has greater intelligence access and resources than the galactic empire?
>>
>>44195112

The USA did not rely on Dog the Bounty hunter to find Osama Bin Laden.
>>
>>44195061
>Why didn't the death star fire through the upper layers of yavin's atmosphere?
Charge time took a while. Tarkin probably wanted to make absolutely sure that he only needed the one shot. Plus, we don't know what sort of crazy reaction would have resulted from a laser that large hitting a gas giant.

Also, Tarkin's ego. Motherfucker wanted to savor the moment. And really, he didn't have anything to fear from his point of view. Luke probably would not have survived long enough to take the shot without Han growing a conscience.

>>44195079
Fucked if I know. Boba Fett's appeal lies in the mystery. His competence isn't really explained and his methods aren't discussed in detail beyond his apparent tendency to disintegrate. Maybe Han does that a lot. There's only so much exposition you can do in a movie.
>>
Welp.

I am thoroughly disappointed.
>>
>>44195061

Well, maybe because it's a fucking out of the way system and their star charts are old? Plus, how fucking precise even IS the Deathstars Hyperdrive.

>>44195079
>>44195092

Hell, it might be an fairly well known smuggler trick, or Boba might, just might have gotten lucky and noticed the Falcon speeding off whilst his Hyperdrive computer reboots because his dad installed Norton on it and now he can't get rid of it.
>>
>>44195117

Yes. They would not have hired him otherwise would they.
>>
>>44195128
We relied on a Pakistani doctor willing to use his medical license to illicitly draw DNA samples during Vaccination shots which has had the side effect of islamists murdering all vaccination providers because they think it's an American plot to find them and bomb them.)

And then we hung him out to dry, he's rotting in a Pakistani prison because our "Allies" are a bunch of scumbags.

So yes, we did use a contractor for that.

>>44195117
For dealing with fellow scum? Yes.
>>
>>44195133
>Charge time took a while.
Sure didn't. We see it fire in less than a minute at alderaan. You can make excuses for that, but that's all.

>Fucked if I know. Boba Fett's appeal lies in the mystery. His competence isn't really explained and his methods aren't discussed in detail beyond his apparent tendency to disintegrate. Maybe Han does that a lot. There's only so much exposition you can do in a movie.

Well it's a good thing we're getting that Boba Fett backstory movie trilogy.

It's just what the fans want.
>>
>>44195128

No, they relied on nosy pakistani neighbours to catch Osama Bin Laden.

Now, having lived in London, I will concede that they ARE the nosiest of all neighbours though.
>>
>>44194866
500 credits for equipment plus 1d100 in pocket change (adding any unspent from the 500), starting chargen xp is listed by species, and there's a table for recommended obligation on p40. Personally, I feel that 500cr is a bit low, but players can take more obligation for more creds/xp and you/the GM can always modify that.
>>
>>44195214
>Sure didn't. We see it fire in less than a minute at alderaan.
According to the Wook's canon page, there's a 24-hour charge time. The firing was relatively fast but actually getting the laser ready to fire takes a whole lot longer. The Death Star was already charged up when we got to the Leia interrogation scene.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star
>>
>>44195214
> We see it fire in less than a minute at alderaan. You can make excuses for that, but that's all.

Dude. Tarkin set that demonstration up literally days in advance. Odds are the damn thing had been charging up in Hyperspace on the way there.
He had NO intention of not blowing up Alderaan from the start.
>>
>>44195258

And that's less than nothing because it's just made up.
>>
>>44195280

I said you could make excuses, but we have just as much evidence that it doesn't have to charge and that it was on the spur of the moment.
>>
>>44195285
>it's just made up
So is everything else in Star Wars. Either way, the citation attached to the charge time figure comes from a text that was deemed canon.
>>
>>44195302

So, by your own admission, literally none?
>>
>>44195061
>Why didn't the death star come out of hyperspace where it didn't have to wait to traverse Yavin?

Perhaps the larger a ship is, the larger the inherent error in hyperspace calculations? Therefore they set a more conservative course?

>Why didn't the death star fire through the upper layers of yavin's atmosphere?
Probably need a dead-center non-obscured hit to really blow up planet, and Tarkin is an old man who has enough patience to wait the extra two minutes to fully clear the gas giant?
>>
>>44195306

only the movies and tv shows are canon.
>>
>>44194091
Someone please love my mary sue tier ship and their crew to give me the motivation to continue writing.
>>
>>44195321

We see the death star wind up and fire without any indication that it had been charging before hand.

The argument that it had to charge at yavin is just to cover the fact that the creators don't know how space actually works.
>>
>>44195323
Hahah no.

That only applies to things that PREDATE the disney buyout.

Everything after the Disney buyout with a VERY small handful of exceptions is canon.
>>
>>44195323
And... all the new books and comics and recent adaptations where they don't contradict the movie.
>>
>>44195322

>excuses excuses excuses

This is why the rebel alliance is a mary sue just as much as harry potter is.
>>
>>44195323
So are many of the texts written after the EU wipe. The book in question was published as part of the TFA hype train marketing campaign.
>>
Guys, stop responding. He's just doing it to be a dick.
>>
>>44195355
is this document from some new source?
>>
What I don't get is, why didn't they at least evacuate Yavin like they did at Hoth? I mean, the thing Hypered in on the wrong side of the planet, with no real fleet support.

They had AT least 30 minutes to get everything important onto the Corvettes and Transports and whatnot and get out of there, which they did at Hoth which was fully encircled by Star Destroyers.

I mean, at LEAST start evacuating the non-essential personnel.
>>
>>44195366

Does anyone else hate how disney can just rewrite cannon as it pleases marketing?
>>
>>44195128
No. But they took their sweet ass time getting around to finally getting him. The suspected location of where he was had been known for over 4 months before a hesistant "ok" was issued.

And that's a silly comparison, because Bin Laden wasn't in a motorhome, trying to rendevouz with his terrorist cell.
>>
>>44195401
They had days to prep for the evacuation on Hoth. 30 minutes isn't enough time to get the ships fueled and ready to go.
>>
>>44192863
So the emperor wouldn't sense him on tatooine and try to capture him. After luke joined the rebellion he revealed himself, so there was no point in postponing the training anymore.
>>
>>44195400
Yes http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Absolutely_Everything_You_Need_to_Know
>>
>>44194386
He doesn't get Wedged.
>>
File: 635135351351531.jpg (70 KB, 598x398) Image search: [Google]
635135351351531.jpg
70 KB, 598x398
>>44195401

Here's your reason.
>>
>>44195436

Plus after the first few years of being a crazy sand hermit you just kind of forget you were anything else.
>>
>>44195401

Because star wars is half The Hidden Fortress, half The Dam Busters.

They had to get the Dam Busters shot-for-shot remake scenes in.
>>
>>44195416
Disney hasn't handled it as well as most old-timer grognards would have hoped but let's face it--the old EU was in desperate need of cleanup. I don't approve of wiping the slate clean but if any of us were in their place with the rights to the IP, we'd be rewriting the shit out of it, too.
>>
>>44195450
>that shit is canon

fuck it. Fuck everything. It's just Brand Wars.
>>
>>44195504

No if i owned the IP i would go full Bill Watterson with it to preserve the memory of the original films.
>>
>>44195364
No, this is what is called "plot" and "suspense". Fucking deal with it. You're more insufferablye than Zimbabwe-Sheldon.
>>
Can someone give me the lowdown on why Admiral Daala is so reviled in the fandom? I seem to remember it had something to do with some writer who tried to make her too flawless or something.

I ask because I'm designing a campaign's overarching villain and I don't want my players to think 'female Imperial Remnant admiral, oh boy GM is a Daala fanboy!'
>>
>>44195429

You would have thought at least one guy would, after hearing about Alderaan have gone

>"Uh guys? What if the Deathstar comes here?"
>"Why would it come here? I mean, we're out in bumblefuck"
>"Yeah. Yeah I get that, but let's just hypothetically like, consider the possiblity. Do you not think we should keep like a few transports ready for a quick getaway? Just in case?"
>"Nah, that's crazy talk Dave. Have you been downstairs talking to the crazy Sith ghosts again?"
>"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME LIKE EXAR-KUN DOES"
>>
>>44195526
>preserve the memory of the original films
Were you not present when the Yuuzhan Vong, Second Galactic Civil War, and Darth Caedus were a thing? The spirit of the original films died along with Legends Chewbacca.
>>
>>44195539

Only bad movies trade verisimilitude for sake of plot. Go masturbate to quantum love.
>>
>>44195565
It has verisimilitude. You just keep discounting it as "plot".
>>
>>44195563

less than 1% of the fanbase read those. Most people only know the EU through games like shadows of the empire and jedi knight.
>>
>>44195565

Only bad movies get hung up on explaining small details that would negatively impact the pacing.
>>
>>44195593

Your point?
>>
>>44195565
Yes, yes. We get it. Star Wars is bad, and we should feel bad, because you don't like fun. Now go fuck-off back to /sp/.
>>
>>44195551
she was introduced in the JAT, which was pretty goddamn bad, where she was just jobbing 24/7, later appeared in the shitty callista trilogy to job even more, and in the most recent series of shitbooks got randomly brought back as the new "evil boss of the NR" which everyone rather dislikes, especially due to traviss' involvement
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HaGe8XcMHA
>>
>>44195609
Not everyone is hyper sensitive about te little details to the point where it spoils their suspension of disbelief. Because not everyone is a fucking autist sperglord.
>>
>>44195641
>>44195611
>these are actually adults
>>
>>44195551
In her debut trilogy she was trumped up as a great threat but jobbed constantly, then she pulled off some stupidly badass shit in Darksaber's B Plot only to fuck it all up in the end in the ultimate moment of Jobbong (Losing her SSD because someone stored the Proton Torpedoes in an open hangar right next to the engines), and then in the post-Vong era she became Supreme Chancellor or President or whatever the position was called in the Galactic Alliance and got a lot of stupid writing courtesy of Troy "Bugfucker" Denning and Post-Endor Traviss.
>>
>>44195653
Yes. They are. Your point?
>>
>>44195683

I had to point out that they were adults. I don't think anyone could have told otherwise, since they sound like teenagers mad that they can't go out tonight.
>>
>>44195641

That wasn't your point at all. It was something along the lines of "there are no good movies other than mindless action flicks"

Are we talking star trek now?
>>
>>44195706
Everyone on 4chan sounds like a whiny teenager. There is literally no difference in the way their posts come across and your posts come across.
>>
>>44195745
Phrasing matters. Notice the way they are compelled to fit me into the box of some bogeyman? That belies a lot of inexperience with the world.
>>
Anyone know of a good campaign system for Armada?
>>
>>44195767
Like how the phrasing of your post makes me assume you're an asshole?
>>
>>44195632
those fan answers are what I imagine non-nerds hear when people talk about nerd shit
>>
>>44195236
Thanks bubby, didn't know about the 1d100 rule.
>>
>>44195767
They didn't put you into a "bogeyman box" they placed you as an adversary/enemy which is how every argument/discussion on /tg/ goes. When the nature of the argument isn't to have an interesting discussion but for one party(you) to antagonize and belittle the other(them), which results in them giving you the exact same treatment.

Don't act like you're the wounded party here.
>>
Anyone want TFA spoilers? I'm just kinda bummed out now.
>>
>>44195891
yeah, drop the bomb
>>
>>44195891

Movies are not /tg/ related. Take it to the appropriate forums.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239 KB, 700x1147) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239 KB, 700x1147
>>44195891
Let me guess. Snoke turned out to not be our three-eyed lord and savior, right?
>>
>>44195891
Does someone get shot?
>>
>>44195961

Han dies of course. Harrison ford, like all sensible people, hates star wars.

The ice planet is the new death star and it makes dupernovas from sucking the energy from a sun like a solar panel.
>>
>>44195891
Pull the trigger.
>>
>>44195732
No, actually HIS point was that bad movies get hung up on little details, that serve no other purpose than to slow the movie down. Some things, like how the Fett-man managed to guess that the Falcon was on the back of the ISD, or how he guessed Soli would head for Bespin, are superfluous and would serve no other purpose than to waste 10mins total of screen time, and take away the shock and awe of having realizing his ship is amongst the trash, and that he beat Han to Bespin.
>>
File: 1365731790177.png (7 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1365731790177.png
7 KB, 501x585
MONEY

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-film-starwars-stocks-idUSKBN0TY2MJ20151215

IT PRINTS MONEY.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.