[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was sitting here pondering concepts around a lawful, robotic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: metaton.jpg (64 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
metaton.jpg
64 KB, 480x480
So I was sitting here pondering concepts around a lawful, robotic version of a barbarian for Pathfinder, /tg/, and this came to mind.

I call it an Analytic Beast.

What it basically amounts to is a being driven by their programming and determination. Instincts are laws. Biology is full of laws. When you get down even beneath the veneer of Rage, the most primitive forces of thought are simply data trees, programming and purpose. Function. Form. All to achieve what the organism or construct was meant to do.

With that in mind, I wanted to invent an Analytic Rage befitting a construct.

They can rage a number of rounds per day, = 4 + (3*Class Level)

Their Strength doesn't get higher. In place, they add double the bonus to their BAB (+4 to attack rolls instead of +2.) This applies to all attacks they make in a turn. It won't make the attacks any more damaging, but turbo charging the accuracy and frequency? Yes. It can be used to supplement Power Attack.

They don't gain +10 Fast Movement; they get Improved Navigation. reduce Hampered Movement by one step instead. moving 1/2 they'd instead move at 1x. Moving 3/4th, they'd instead move 1/2. At level 5 this terrain management increases to two steps, minimum 1x.

Their Con doesn't get any higher. Constructs have a con of 10 in Pathfinder and receive a bonus or penalty based on their size category. Instead, hyper awareness goes straight to their Dexterity. +4 Dex, which incidentally raises their Reflex save, but they receive no specific enhancement to that.

(continued)
>>
File: Roadkill_Rodney.png (527 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Roadkill_Rodney.png
527 KB, 720x540
They don't gain a -2 AC penalty; instead, they gain a reduction to their DR while raging, as their bodies turbo charge and make them more erratic, or the heat makes them softer. If they have no DR, they'll simply take 2 extra damage from anything that does at least 1. They will also take 1 point of energy damage per 4 class levels per turn while raging, be it electricity or fire (player's choice at character creation) and anything within 5 feet will, too, as the poor machine overheats and sparks fly all over the place.

They don't gain a specific bonus to their Will saves; instead, they gain a hyperawareness in a sense they have and greater Perception. +2 at level 1, +3 at level 11, +4 at level 20.

They specifically *can* use any skill when Raging, and in fact, their skills actually go up while doing so, equal to 5 + either Intelligence or Wisdom, at level 1, +10 at level 11, and +20 by level 20. Yes, all skills.

Instead of Damage Reduction, they gain a Deflection bonus to AC at levels 7, 10, 13, 16 and 19, as they subtly learn to shift their bodies better like shaped armor.

Trap Sense becomes some kind of Knowledge chosen at character creation.

As constructs cannot be fatigued, instead at the end of their Rage, they gain a penalty to all their attack rolls of -2. Dexterity will also drop by -2. They retain the -2 DR vulnerability while 'fatigued'. All skill checks will have a -4 penalty as the overtaxed machine tries to return to normal parameters.

Whatdoyathink?
>>
I like it.
>>
File: Overclocked-Bender.jpg (103 KB, 489x872) Image search: [Google]
Overclocked-Bender.jpg
103 KB, 489x872
The idea behind the energy damage is that they're quite literally overclocking themselves. They're pumping up their ability to function so much that it's actually causing them physical harm. Which is why it's nearly negligible at lower levels, but ticks away once per point of rage they've used in a round.

Mitigating this through feats or items will also reduce the amount they're throwing off energy damage, as they're no longer suffering the effects of being on fire or throwing arcs of electricity anywhere, thus it's not escaping from their bodies..
>>
I like robots.
>>
File: 219pentadronemono.jpg (33 KB, 317x353) Image search: [Google]
219pentadronemono.jpg
33 KB, 317x353
>>44185401
>>
>>44188726
>pentadrones and monodrones ever acknowledging each other

This is why I stopped liking D&D.
>>
>>44185401

So, stats they don't get improved, but get progressively more actions (rolls) per level?
>>
>>44188780

It sort of didn't make sense that higher caste modrons didn't know that lower caste modrons were mordrons in retrospect, as otherwise they wouldn't be able to judge rogues.
>>
>>44188874
You don't judge the rogue.

You judge your underling, who judges its underling, who judges its underling, who judges whether or not its underling is a rogue.
>>
more examples of barbaric robots!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVIsP09vE4I
>>
>>44188948
For the Glory of Primus.
>>
>>44185401

The trouble with +4 attack bonus is that it basically negates any armor weaker than scale mail - it's one of the reason why Attack Bonuses are very stingely handed out in D&D, becuase you kinda need everyone to be equally able/unable to hit anything for the AC and HP systems to function properly.

Might want to focus on the orderliness side of things instead, maybe have it so the Analytic Beast heals HP at (damage dealt/2)+Class Level*2 for each blow they land on something while raging, so their internal order increases the more they hit -
>>
Undertale fags get OUT
>>
File: 1448908195402.png (283 KB, 411x310) Image search: [Google]
1448908195402.png
283 KB, 411x310
>>44192557
>>
>>44192557
If you keep going like this you're gonna have a bad time
>>
File: ohhhhyeahhhh.png (66 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
ohhhhyeahhhh.png
66 KB, 500x422
>>44192557
I've never even played it, but your level of analpain amuses me.

I will say that the soundtrack is pretty nice, though.
>>
File: salt.gif (157 KB, 296x259) Image search: [Google]
salt.gif
157 KB, 296x259
>>44192557
>>
File: 1375317557466.gif (148 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1375317557466.gif
148 KB, 500x333
>>44192557
>Undertale is shit because tumblr love it
>Everything that tumblr loves must be shit
>I cannot judge by myself what is nice and what is shit, I have to decide depending on tumblr
>I'm a huge retarded faggot
>>
File: 129329847984.png (50 KB, 409x421) Image search: [Google]
129329847984.png
50 KB, 409x421
>>44192557
>all the saltfags replying to this
wew
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.