[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fusion earrings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13
File: fusion.jpg (109 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
fusion.jpg
109 KB, 800x601
>Your GM rolls on a table for your loot
>A pair of these are sitting in the dragon hoard

How would your players react? Would it help the party or hinder it? Post a couple examples of your party members fusing and how they would act. Example from my group:
>Cassian the brooding murder hulk
>Jin the weak but cunning merchant
I see a muscle bard who turns to jack the ripper once they seduce someone.

Also, opinions: How would you run it in game? Would you make it a one body- Two minds thing? Would you have the characters collaborate for a small, 15 minute window of an amalgam personality? Combine the two characters stats? What would the downsides be?
I think it would create a fun, temporary change to roleplay, with heavy usage restrictions.
>>
>>44149125
>>44149331
>>44149399
>>
File: surpriseddragon.jpg (108 KB, 603x314) Image search: [Google]
surpriseddragon.jpg
108 KB, 603x314
>>44150561
Is the dragon still in a condition where we can use one of the earrings on it?
>>
>>44150639
>Write what they do, has to all be the same
That seems incredibly ineffective. Maybe tweak that a bit or they would never be fused. The earrings are different from what I think SU is (I dont watch it). Its forced, so they have to function.

>After some botches, they fail
I can agree with this on more serious matters. Normally, I'd say they just have a new personality, not just two consciousness, but if theres a moment of
>Kill orphan
>dont kill orphan
and you have a paladin and rogue or somthing, yea, I can see it being a split.

>>44150750
Yes
>>
>>44150561
>Also, opinions: How would you run it in game? Would you make it a one body- Two minds thing? Would you have the characters collaborate for a small, 15 minute window of an amalgam personality? Combine the two characters stats? What would the downsides be?
Each of the players still gets their turn as normal, but the other player can attempt to stop them from taking certain actions. They share HP and use the better defensive stats of the two (AC/saving throws/etc.). They also share equipment, and can use it as long as at least one member of the fusion could use it, even if this results in a character with two Legacy Weapons or something like that.
>>
>>44151275
I was thinking that as well, haveing a sort of battle of wills on bigger actions with black and white outcomes.

I was thinking the downsides would be the third personality, the almalgam, would start to take on a life of its own. The more you use it, the more its suggestion sticks with you after the schizm. I want it to be powerful. Thats a huge stat boost and two turns a round, but I wanted it to be flavorfully risky, because players will abuse anything they can.
>>
>>44150815
Here's how it works in SU, maybe it will give you some material -

if two people are on the same page, have a good relationship or at least have the same goal, then their minds blend into new singular personality

if they oppose each other then they still have their minds intact and try to fight for the control over body.

Fun thing is - if one of the them wants to keep the fusion going then the other can't break it by himself. The Fusion only breaks if both parties want it to break
>>
File: 15654984650.jpg (197 KB, 900x1176) Image search: [Google]
15654984650.jpg
197 KB, 900x1176
>>44150561
I use it in conjunction with our sneaky/dodgy guy.

There will be nothing too strong for us to destroy, once we unite.
>>
>>44151571
Oh, and aesthetics wise-
They become giants sometimes with multiple arms and eyes
Could work for you
>>
>>44151571
That last part sounds pretty horrible for an unwilling party.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2015-06-30-18h42m03s78.png (657 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-06-30-18h42m03s78.png
657 KB, 1280x720
>>44151834
it's a fun show
>>
In my game, I just ask the players to make their decisions together when fused.
If they can't do it for an extended period of time, they may lose control over their character, which makes fusion risky.
Then again, losing control over your character because of a lack of synchronization with it is a common thing in my games.
>>
File: Psionic Tapeworm.png (242 KB, 1324x1924) Image search: [Google]
Psionic Tapeworm.png
242 KB, 1324x1924
>>44150561
>Also, opinions: How would you run it in game? Would you make it a one body- Two minds thing? Would you have the characters collaborate for a small, 15 minute window of an amalgam personality? Combine the two characters stats? What would the downsides be?
>I think it would create a fun, temporary change to roleplay, with heavy usage restrictions.
Played something like that once, treated as permanently under the effect of the psionic power schism, helped a lot that one was a barbarian and the other a psion so the first could control the body and the second could fling around powers
>>
File: 1433091613090.jpg (223 KB, 1200x1051) Image search: [Google]
1433091613090.jpg
223 KB, 1200x1051
>>44150815
>Yes
Well I think we know how to react in that case.
>>
>>44152697
>Put one on dragon
>Put one on party amazon barbarian
>Receive massive muscular dragon girl with amazon's friendliness to the party, dragon's greed, and the sum of both of their aggressiveness, pride, and lust
>>
>>44152066
I have never watched it, should I?
>>
>>44154321
Sure, but don't become one of it's insufferable fans. I put it in the same category as homestuck or mlp. Safe consumption is fine but keep it to yourself unless it is directly relevant to a conversation.
>>
>>44154321
Egh, first season is kinda slow and has a lot of filler but if you into cute stuff with a bigger subtle plot going on in the background you should be fine
Ether way you could try it, it's a good show to relax to
>>
>>44154399
>mfw su and undertale are one of my favorite things
I found out the hard way how much harm can fandom do to a thing

But to stay on topic
>>44152069
Can you tell how did those games go? With people working in pair? Did they ever argue about what their character should be doing?
>>
>>44152774
>amazon is happy to merge with a dragon
>dragon is not happy to merge with a human
>desperately tries to convince her not to put it on
>unfortunately, explaining the process just encourages her
>>
File: 1449525236313.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449525236313.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>Hammer-wielding Fighter
>Sorcerer with the Stormborn bloodline
>>
>>44154894
>Amazon half loves her new body, fully embracing in her new dragonic instincts to indulge in all her vices
>Dragon half wants to work out it's rage and stress, finds itself very in tune with amazon's default sources of stress relief, fighting, fucking, or feasting
>Rest of the party realizes they've created a monster
>They just have to keep her pointed at things they don't want reduced to paste under her fists, eaten, or reduced to a smear beneath her thighs
>>
>>44150561

>Character is a depressed Giovanni lawyer turned errand boy/mercenary seeking to fix many of the mistakes that only he would ever consider his fault, with the only thing he thinks hes good at is how easy it is to shoot people.

>Party member who would is a bipolar happy go lucky malcavian psychiatrist who had recently used dementation on his one-night stand during climax, which sent her into an ecstasy induced coma because quote "she wanted me to fuck her crazy"

I dont know what would happen but it'd be fun
>>
>>44156001
Best outcome really. Fusing with another party member is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>44150561
Well in the show the potara earings were either one personality completely wins and dominates the new body, like with old Kai, or essentially the original two people die and a third guy takes their place, as with Vegito.
I think that allowing completely permanent never wears off fusion of two player characters that also makes that character an unstoppable combat monster is probably a bad idea in general though.
>>
>>44156785
Its a good plot coupon for entering epic level as long as you let the rest of the party have a way of keeping up
>>
>former male (goblin tricked me into drinking thevwrong thing) lizardman fighter barbarian, nice individual, bluntly honest with few cares for the trapping of civilization

>male human cleric of kaden kylian, womanizing semi compitent healer bro
>>
>>44157011
What the hell would that make?
>>
>>44157011
You sure you want to merge with your ally instead of take the dragon's power as your own?

>>44157579
Something likely very hard to kill. Or perhaps easier to kill since you can't cast while raging
>>
>>44157707
Going with hypothetical here is all, I worry what the equipment will look like
>>
>>44157741
>Going with hypothetical here is all, I worry what the equipment will look like
For what, you and your ally or you and the dragon?
>>
Two past characters:
>Male artificer who cut himself off from the world to spend all his time making constructs, and is apathetic about everything else. Neutral Evil, but can work with the party because he sees conflict as a waste of time and doesn't bother people who don't bother him. Always wears heavy armor, to the point where he's been mistaken for a construct himself.
>Female necromancer who's obsessed with living up to her family's standards, and whose sense of self-worth is built on thinking her heritage makes her better than everyone else. Lawful Evil, but can work with the party because she tries to stay out of trouble until she can get her inheritance. Extremely Fashionable (literally, she has the trait) and usually dresses in black.

So... probably an insane sociopath bishonen in scary evil overlord armor who tries to conquer the world with an army of necrogolems just because he craves respect. Huh.
>>
>>44157741
Either pick a gender or give them both
>>
>>44154630
That's a very late reply, and I'm sorry about it, but no, they did their best to get along for the sake of keeping the synchronization with the character intact, as it's a bit weaker during stuff like fusions or getting corrupted.

Lore of the game actually includes our world as some kind of outside force giving guidance to some of the people in the game's universe, as long as their link to our world is intact, they'll keep receiving guidance.

Now sometimes, the forces try too hard to go against the flow, in the case of a possession or a corruption for example, and just can't synchronize with the new person that their character now is, the link breaks, and their character just becomes an NPC, prompting them to create a link to a new one.

A fusion is such an example of a moment where the players have to really be on the toes, making it a risky thing to try, if only for player reasons.
>>
>>44150750
Source?
>>
File: So it begins.gif (434 KB, 200x216) Image search: [Google]
So it begins.gif
434 KB, 200x216
>>44150561
The two most likely to put them on would be
>The outlander dragonborn storm cleric (F) whose first and only method of conflict resolution is busting heads
>The noble elf wild magic sorcerer (F) who is willing to kill and extort if it furthers her goal of getting her family and family's wealth back
I don't know what will result outside of it being the most hysterical woman ever.
Heads and thunder will roll.
>>
>>44156001
10/10 would die by snusnu
>>
File: [TRIGGER WARNING].gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
[TRIGGER WARNING].gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>44150561
For me, as a GM, ir's basically dream fetish time. Though in the sense of a useless romantic and interior decorator lover, not sexual really. Pic related.

For my players, well, it'd be a novelty. They like their characters too much. Maybe they'd try to fuse with some freaky animal to get some rare bullshit hybrid template. More afraid they'd have two NPCs fuse which would have me trying to not write a 70 page fanfic.

Statwise, fuck. I dunno. Broken as HELL.
>>
>>44150561
Well since my entire party at the moment is just two players... it would potentially hinder the effectiveness. That being said, it could also be rather hilarious.
>half elf noble, synthesist summoner paladin style
>kobold dragongod believer...with guns.

So most likely the evo points would get put into turning more and more into a dragon.. and maybe multiple arms for more guns.
>>
>>44150561
Dm threw these rings at us. Fluff says it was made by a priest who demanded that marriage be an unbreakable fusion between 2 souls as god intended. The ring's are technically a failure.
2 rings. You can wear one at all times safely. The second the other ring is worn by a different individual they are immediately drawn to a point midway between their current positions. This tears through anything in there way a la thors hammer without harming the wearers. This follows the curvature of any celestial body and accounts for drifting of celestial bodies. If the wearer doesn't have enough "windup" and the material is strong enough it will just be pulled along with it.
The actual fusion is a combination or there skills. 5dex+8dex=13dex etc. all skills are kept as well. You decide ahead of time who's in charge of what. Usually comes down to movement and attacking. Actions have to be rolled for if they conflict. Its self recharging at 1.5/day capping at 10 days. The full charge is 15 minutes.
The ring actually stopped being used for its intended purpose after we worked out hitting shit mid"flying at each other" didn't hurt. Usually ended up with a barb and warrior tag team where the barb wears the ring and stands on the ground and the warrior gets somewhere highup if possible. The barb then positions himself as best he could so their meetup is where the main mass of the enemy is or if the head's stationary enouh the face. The warrior puts on the ring and jumps and the barb does some running jump that picks up momentum midair due to the ring and they both do this flying cleave towards their target. Half the time they failed and just fused and the other half it succeeded using the falling damage for there size and judging 5 feet thanks to the rings is terminal velocity + whatever attack they perform+ +1 attack bonus. Usually made things go squish.
>>
>>44166540
We lost the rings when we met our first great wyrm red dragon and they both knew what had to be done. They failed the hit but fused. Their fusion died a bit later on and was promptly eaten by the dragon that we had woken from hibernation or some such losing us the rings. i still say we should have done double wizard fusions and haggled for doubling our spell power like the martials doubled their melee.
>>
>>44166069
Search "vertigo" on e621.
>>
>>44150561
Two characters in our DBZ campaign used Metamoran fusion quite often. We stopped at some point, because the resulting stats just got too ridiculous.
>>
In one of my games, a player was playing the a third of the incarnation of a a very strong entity.

As usual in my game, stuff got out of hand after a while, but what I want to get at is the fusion.
He ended up fusing with the two other thirds, that were also in humanized form, whereas the story was going in a more "Kill them to get the power you need" kind of way.

He ended up getting more power than expected, still not enough, as it was the kind of one shot that doesn't really have a good end unless you really pull something great out of your ass.
>>
>>44150561
Each time I scroll past this thread I can't help but think of the "Why choose when you can fuse" meme that was on /co/ for a while
>>
File: Fusion FJ.jpg (911 KB, 1340x960) Image search: [Google]
Fusion FJ.jpg
911 KB, 1340x960
>PbP open RP where anyone can bring in characters from any setting for shenanigans.
>Fusion earrings on Vriska and a Charizard.

What do you do when your prized Pokemon becomes half of one of the most cancerous RP-ers you've ever had the misfortune to play with. They won't give it back to me :(
>>
>>44171783

Destroy the earrings, obviously. You can wait until she's asleep to do it, and if she tries to do it again just rip the ears off of her head.

Tell us more about the game. Was it freeform? It was freeform, wasn't it?
>>
>>44171783
>one of the most cancerous RP-ers you've ever had the misfortune to play with.
Vriska or her player?
>>
>>44150561
>Fusion of two players
Would avoid a long term thing. Limited time merge, repeatable after a refractory period. I guess go by the Dragonball dance - two characters must have learned a ritual and complete it without interruption, rolling some skill check. If the fusion is a success, their combination will be a perfect merging of mind and body - the two players must agree on any action. If one fails/is interrupted but the other succeeds, the fusion will go through, but the power boost won't be as great. If both fail, no fusion.

Because of the short term and loss of a party member, the fused's stats are boosted so that the one would be equal to two people. The single form has access to all skills of both. The fusion will last for only ten minutes or so, enough for a battle.

>Fusion of player and NPC
Willing to go with indefinite time. If the player merges with a willing person, their fusion will be "perfect" and the player can act without any negative effects. The consciousness of the willing NPC will be dormant, can communicate mentally with the host to share any information they have, a fraction of the NPC's attributes and abilities are granted to the player character. Such as... if the D&D player has 16 Strength and the NPC has 14 Strength, the NPC's +2 modifier is added to the Player's total Strength, giving him 18. The same goes for the other attributes.

If the player character attempts to absorb an unwilling character, then he'll have to deal with some occasional kickback. He'll get the boost and some powers from the being he sucked up, but his alignment will shift to chaotic and has to make a successful mental check at the beginning of each day (or any time he wakes up from sleep). If the player fails, the absorbed NPC can retaliate in one of several ways, such as denying the player the power boost for the day, taking command for a brief moment at some random point in the day against the player's intentions, or after enough fails, break the fusion.
>>
>>44172269
Yes.
>>
>>44172265
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but there are plenty of places to put an earring.
>>
>>44172314
How do you know she wasn't just in character then?
>>
>>44172441

Again, destroy the earring; and would you really want other parts of your anatomy torn off after the ear came off?
>>
>>44150561
Fuck that!

If I ever get my hands on Potara earings, I'm heading to the zoo. Going to see what crazy combinations I can come up.

I think I'd start with a hippo and a macaque. Fear the mighty monkeypotamus!
>>
>>44172489
Depends. Is this an ERP session?
>>
>>44172529
Thats an insanely great way of getting everybody killed. We all know the best way would be a rhino and a rabid honey badger.
>>
>>44172448
I'm not him, I was just being a smartass.
>>
>>44172441
>>44172489
>>44172533
....Hmm...
Put earring one as a clitring on amazon barbarian
Put earring two as a tongued ring on shota mage
What happens?
>>
>>44172684
Party amazon gets a magical talking pussy
Shota mage is used to the view from between her thighs so not much changes on his end
>>
>>44172684

I'd imagine it'd be a bit awkward. The Potara are earrings, and earrings are floppy and dangly. I'd imagine it'd be a bit difficult to speak with them in your mouth. The fused composite being would have two earrings remember.
>>
File: FATAL LARP.jpg (89 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
FATAL LARP.jpg
89 KB, 500x747
>>44172684
>>44172737

And I didn't even read the post properly. The fused beings looks like pic related.
>>
>>44172265

It was based around a loose d20 and d100 system. It was more about shenanigans and RP than outright combat. An example of a typical post order would be-

>Me
"I walk into the hidden temple that has just been unearthed. 'That sure is a temple thing.' I say. I take a look around."

>DM
"You see a cool looking statue on a pedastal in the center. You couldn't pick it up, but any of your Pokemon, save Butterfree, probably could."

>Me
"I send out Charizard, tell him to hover over the statue and pick it up with his claws. I decide to roll 2d20, for hovering and strength"

Me rolled 17, 4.

>DM
"The hovering goes fine, but Charizard fucks up and drops the statue, breaking its head off. The temple begins to collapse!"

You, as the player, could choose to use as many D20's or D100's as you like, assigning them on general things, up to 5 of each. More dice ups the risk of failure, but maxes rewards. D20's were simply High=Good but D100's could also get bonuses from dubs. We had a table to refer to, so like a 22 would be "There are now 2 of you for 3 turns." You generally had to roll for almost EVERYTHING, even stuff like opening doors and such, so you'd just do a single d20 for the boring stuff and save your luck for the high rolls. You would get antics where a guy goes full 5d20 and 5d100 on something like brushing his teeth, and ends up tearing his jaw off as he switches gender and unlocks his chakra.
>>
>>44166069
https://static1.e621.net/data/e3/29/e3293724426b0233ac1f6a210a4fe858.jpg
>>
>>44172737
Wait..... Would the fusion have a dick or a pussy? Also whats the age? This is important.
>>
>>44172968
See >>44172735, shota is now amazon's magical pussy, amazon might get a bit younger, I'd hope not though
>>
>>44172564
What's the second cutest animal in the zoo? I'm going to fuse it to a penguin to make a creature so indescribably cute it will cause people's heads to explode, Raiders of the Lost Ark style.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x375
>>44173366
A new born baby lynx and/or a newborn hawk.
>>
>>44172968
Yes, and the average of the two respectively
>>
>>44150561
Goes straight to the bottom of the "The DM forgot we looted all this bullshit over the months" loot list, we wait until we hit epic levels, and we jam one on Pelor and one on Asmodeus.
>>
>>44173366
>What's the second cutest animal in the zoo?
It's You, when you're visiting the zoo anon.
>>
>>44150561
>15 minute window
Potara fusion is permanent. Metamoran fusion lasts a half hour.
no Namekian option
>>
>>44156785
>kaibito
>relevant at all
>>
>>44156785
>or essentially the original two people die and a third guy takes their place, as with Vegito.
I like how DB Mulitverse has the aftermath of this as a universe. Vegito kills Super Buu immediately, so they are never forcibly separated as they were in the original. Vegito ends up having a threesome with ChiChi and Bulma. he's also more than a little nuts
>>
>>44178607
>Vegito ends up having a threesome with ChiChi and Bulma
Well he has best tastes
>>
>>44174056
I still have trouble believing that's not a shoop
>>
>>44173366
Anything from a petting zoo
>>
File: 1445904126113.jpg (331 KB, 796x832) Image search: [Google]
1445904126113.jpg
331 KB, 796x832
While not technically an exact fusion, an emeny our party is soon to encounter is a noblewoman trying to transplant her soul into the perfect body (Read: A massive flesh golem meticulously made from the corpses of hunreds of girls)
>>
>>44172529
Monster hunter did it first. Look up the Congalala.
>>44172564
>Implying putting one on a peacock mantis shrimp and a giant octopus wouldn't be infinitely more terrifying

You're thinking too small anon. My second choice would be a mantis and a giant hornet queen.
>>
>>44184529
Please tell me there's at least one female PC she can add to herself should they fail
>>
I fuse the Gamorrean mercenary with the Human darksider for instant carnage.
>>
>>44151571
>The Fusion only breaks if both parties want it to break
Iirc, the fusion should break just because the parties aren't in good sync, let alone actively hostile with each other. One of the characters being a constant fusion is treated as a basically unheard of event.

The only reason the Jasper and Lapis fusion remains is because latter's force of will is fucking insane.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.