[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst TTRPG Campaigns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1437531071716.gif (469 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1437531071716.gif
469 KB, 500x284
Alright /tg/. I wanna hear your worst stories of D&D, 40k, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, GURPS, Rifts, anything you play that falls under the umbrella of a TTRPG. I want the cringiest and most annoying players, worst stories, creepiest happening. I'll begin.

>Invited to play D&D
>Huge AD&D and BECMI fag
>Playing with standard group of friends
>DM is a pretty cool guy, but it's his first D&D campaign
>Come over
>We're playing a modified version of 4e
>ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg
>we get dailies and abilities (basically fighting styles, bonuses on rolls and the occasional spell) but no cantrips or actual spells from the spell list
>Our typical elfrogue is an obnoxious edgelord, obsessed with Batman and shitting on everyone else, obviously chooses chaotic retarded
>Our wizard refuses to stop joking and intentionally breaks the game because he wants to be a fucking rubix cube, and his daily is turning into a firetruck because LMAOOOO XD XD SO RANDUMZ!!!!!
>Our fighter is basically a drunken homeless dwarf who shits himself constantly and uses brass knuckles and chairs as weapons, actually kind of funny
>Our Druid is just some druid
>Choose to be a vampire fighter
>DM gives them free reign but he somehow expects anyone but me to try and follow the story
>Over the course of the session I:
>Get my gear stolen by the rogue on his first turn
>Get roofied and pimped out as an unconcious sex doll by by group
>Level up once
>Get pushed off an airship and killed, while the guy that came down with me barely suffered a scratch
>Get my soul trapped in a teapot
>Spend 3/4s of the game doing absolutely fucking nothing
>Spend half of the time getting mocked by the rogue
>Get a temporary body for the endgame boss
>The boss is a monster with Lvl 18 Black Dragon stats
>We're all level 2
>Takes a couple hours and a shit ton of rule breaking to even kill it
>Get elected to be the DM for the next game

As you might have guessed, I declined.
>>
>>44158524
You don't have to DM the same game, do you?
>>
That's fucking awful.

My story is not as bad but I think it's interesting in its own right.

> be me, running 5e game for friends
> one player wants to play a tranny character
> "wahhh the book says I can!!"
> okay whatever as long as it doesn't get in the way of the game
> person playing is also a tranny wannabe, though no hormones / self-mutilation yet
> stopped cooking dinner because of this fucker because he/she/it puts KETCHUP on the pasta I make for everyone and also slurps it in the most disgusting noise ever.
> used to cut himself until my friend made him stop
> is into homestruck and all that shit, tries to CONSTANTLY insert it into the game
> interrupts game at one point to make us all watch Steven Universe trailer of some black chick transforming into a man, because it was "soooo relevant" (it fucking wasn't)

Continued below
>>
>>44158761
What?
>>
>>44158903

> new girl comes
> short kinda cute not fat, but has a boyfriend
> which she makes sure to let us all know
> is not at all tolerant of the trannyfag's ways
> at one point she notices his cutting scars (they hadn't healed yet and were pretty obvious
> tells him, in the middle of the game, "you know that's a fuckin cowardly thing to do, right?"
> tranny starts throwing an angsty fit
> "wah wah you dont know what it's like to not fit in the body you were born into"
> girl looks him dead in the eye
> "you were born a man, you are a man."
> tranny rages
> turns to me
> "I try to rape her character"
> "dude no"
> he starts rolling athletics checks or whatever without even asking
> tells the girl to roll the opposed check
> she shakes her head, disgusted
> "DO IT, BITCH!"
> grabs her character sheet and literally starts rolling out this fucking rape encounter in front of us
> we are all too stunned to even react
> girl grabs back character sheet, rips it up, and leaves
> tranny fag rages out too, storms out
> mfw now i have to retcon this shit
> mfw the campaign was actually going pretty well
> mfw girl sent email saying she is never coming back and she is going to report my ad on gamefinder
> mfw trannyfag still plans on coming back next weekend
>>
>>44159012
For me, the girl seems worst than the tranny (in this occasion at least). I mean, if the tranny wants to do stupid things with his body it's his problem, people should avoid bringing their problems to the table, even more other people problems.
>>
>>44159323
yeah, she was totally antagonistic. But that's what happens when you game with them, yaknow
>>
>>44159740
>>44159323
>new player doesn't take any of this fucking weirdo's bullshit
>they're the problem

No, the problem is the DM not growing a backbone and throwing out the trannyfag. Also, not apologizing for his disgusting behavior and the DM's lack of intervention.
>>
>>44158524
>I'm the only one at the table who isn't that guy
>Which is why I rolled a female vampire fighter
>>
>>44160213
I don't exactly see what you're getting at, or why you assumed I was playing a female char

It's the rape isn't it
>>
>Tried to play Monsterhearts, TWICE.
>The End.
>>
>>44160545
Monsterhearts. Not even once.
>>
>Be big into RPGs with a big group of friends on Skype.
>I was forever GM running a lot of games and we mostly just had silly fun since I was NEET at the time
>We ran one shots that were absolutely ridiculous. Like I substituted kobolds for feral anime loli catgirls.
>One player loves the idea and wants to run with it.
>He's not even a bad role-player
>Wants to play as one
>Decide to go along with it since our group is just a motley assortment of goofy characters
>But no. He has to ruin this for everyone.
>Decides to make a loli catgirl rogue who is EIGHT years old (but mature in her culture). She has a tragic dark past about falling in love with a half demon/angel (not making this up) and having her half demon/angel/cat children stolen
>Character somehow becomes the prime decision maker since he wanted to take our silly and lighthearted story seriously
>A series of bad decisions that at least were in character derails the campaign and players just lose interest.
>Ends up with the group splitting and a few of each starting new campaigns with me and someone else DMing

In my defense I was like 17 and didn't know how to say 'NO' to players requesting stupid shit. I went along with it because at first it was fun but that disappeared quickly.

This guy also ran a few games that I have stories about if people are interested. He was an anomaly because his games would START good and just derail into utter nonsense.
>>
When did /tg/ get so fucking gross and edgelord with insulting other peoples life choices that have nothing to do with them? I expect that shit from /v/ and /b/ but I thought the /pol/ shitheads left /tg/? When will I get to read about peoples bad experiences without physically cringing more at the person writing it than the person they're writing about?
>>
>>44158524

>Playing a Mage nWoD campaign.
>Four players, all around Gnosis 5 or 6. Been playing for three years RL now.
>Friend of the GM wants to join in.
>We're cool with it. Good GM, guy is generally a good player, and we were all looking for something to spice the campaign up.
>Guy says he wants to play a Werewolf.
>The entire campaign to date has been about a war between Mages v Werewolves.
>Okay, could be interesting, lets see what happens.
>First session he's with us. Basic scenario is a joint venture between the group and a Werewolf offshoot tribe that want to usurp the current war hungry.
>Working pretty well.
>Discussing the next move, new Werewolf comes up with a retarded plan to just wipe them all out.
>Point out the flaws in this plan.
>The werewolf does not take this lightly.
>Proceeds to Wolf Out and try to beat us into submission.
>Four unimpressed mages take him apart.
>Proceeds to complain about our behaviour and that we shouldn't have fought back.
>Decide to give the guy a break.
>Introduces a second werewolf to replace the first, on account of a 'miscommunication'.
>Proceeds to do the exact same thing. Is shocked by our response and surprised again when we take him apart.
>This happens four more times over four years. Another werewolf, two changelings and a vampire.
>Same situation each time.
>>
>DMing 3.5 for some friends in highschool.
>First time DMing and still learning
>Buddy is playing dwarf alchemist
>Group gets to first major city, hanging around slums
>Get offered drugs. Alchemist is into it
>Reverse engineers drugs and refines it
>Party ends up throwing the McGuffin in trash
>"If the cult wants their scrying dish so bad they can have it."
>Within a few minutes I'm DMing Medieval Breaking Bad

Funny now i guess but at the time I didn't really know how to deal with it. Wish I had rolled with it better, could have been a good campaign.
>>
>>44161754
I feel your pain. Sort of. I've got a semi-regular in most of my local games. Doesn't matter the system. If there's some sort of werewolf race somewhere. even if it's in some obscure splatbook, he will play it. Not a bad player really it's always the same character more or less and gets old quick.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.