[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic: The Gathering: Lore, Waifufaggotry, and Snowflake General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
>"Go home, be a family man" edition

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/
>Snowflake Repository
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_sBQQ9Kl6ZFfnpobDlCb2RGU2F4V19aNEpTdVZoQU1UYkUtTFVJcjVVVW9lQm5IMklRT00&usp=sharing

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion.

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net
Starting Topic
What could cause your snowflakes to settle down despite not being tied to any one plane.
>>
File: Nissa Interview.jpg (38 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
Nissa Interview.jpg
38 KB, 599x337
>The Oath crew save the multiverse from the Eldrazi
>Have to get jobs
>Turns out walking between planes isn't a great qualifier for a job on a specific plane.
>>
>>44142058
I could give Nissa a job. She could be my housewife.
>>
File: Snowflake- Ombretta.jpg (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake- Ombretta.jpg
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>44142058

Gideon would probably be able to find work anywhere. There's always a plane that wants a ruggedly handsome indestructible soldier with his cool whip sword thingies.

Jace would sponge off people with his psychic dickery.

Can't see Chandra ever holding down a job more than a month, but she'd do better than Kiora, who would never make it past the interview phase.

>>44141940

>What could cause your snowflakes to settle down despite not being tied to any one plane?

Would have to be something drastic, but if my B/R snowflake was to find a world that seemed like a paradise–one that never got boring, always had something new and interesting for her to look into, easily available luxury and good food, and didn't restrict her ability to take it all in as she pleased–she'd probably decide to just vacation there forever, since she no longer has to worry about the novelty wearing off or missing what other worlds have to offer.

A less likely scenario would be if she encountered someone she cared about too much to walk away from.
>>
File: li99_Vengeful_Archon.jpg (120 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
li99_Vengeful_Archon.jpg
120 KB, 640x469
>>44141940

Is there any official lore explanation of what exactly Archons are? How are they different from humans and angels?

I know they've said it would be very unusual circumstances for an angel (being artificial) to gain a spark, but would an Archon be able to have one?
>>
>>44144434
Archons (at least Theros archons) tend to be an embodiment of a concept. So where an angel is just a straight white being, possibly with a specific role, an archon's personality and role is defined by their concept. They tend towards the harsher or more aggressive concepts like imposed order/tyranny, justice/vengeance, uniformity/xenophobia. Sadly we've barely seen them.
>>
>>44144753
Apparently Archons used to run things on Theros before the god worship and devotion to them got big. When we go back, maybe we'll see them make a comeback.
>>
Who are the worst snowflakes?
>>
>>44146360
Arakis is the worst snowflake.
>>
File: 1449916695432.jpg (159 KB, 577x463) Image search: [Google]
1449916695432.jpg
159 KB, 577x463
Can we get some late night Urza love?
>>
>>44146754
No.
Sincerely, every forest and green aligned group of Dominaria.
>>
>>44147089
Kamahl says "fuck you, you little bitch"
>>
>>44147089
Titania please leave
>>
File: PaperUrza.png (250 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PaperUrza.png
250 KB, 600x600
>>44146754
Have some fresh Paper Mario Urza
>>
>>44146754
Here's to Urza! He... uh... um... was the lesser of two evils compared to Yawgmoth?
>>
>>44143514
Jace already has a job. He's a bureaucrat. He's presumably, therefore, qualified for bureaucracy by this time, even if he doesn't like it. And I'm pretty sure his days of sponging are long over.
>>
>>44141940
I feel as if most planeswalkers at least have a base of operation, or a plane they can go "home" to, even if it's not their plane of origin. Iskra probably goes home to Theros every so often to check in on her family, and Damian has a shop on Fiora, which, if the thing with Garon gets more serious, could turn into a proper kind of settling down.
>>
>>44148854
I wouldn't place my hopes on Garon and Damien, the last writefagging about them looked rather dark.
>>
So if I went to MagicCards Info and looked at all the lore on the cards in each and every set from Limited Alpha to the most current set, how much of the complete storyline will I see? Or is it better that I just find whatever books there are online somewhere?
>>
>>44150285
L9re us sparse in alpha through unlimited I believe and a good deal of the flavor is also in the art.
My suggestionis combine magiccards.info with salvation as you parse through the sets.
>>
I don't think it says good things about us if the only things that can keep a thread active are hate or hype.
On a related note, what are you all excited for seeing develop in the upcoming block?
>>
>>44152113
Kiora being kill
>>
>>44152113
Kozilek. I'm interested to see what kinds of bismuth things he can get up to.

>>44152135
no u
>>
I stopped playing at the end of Kamigawa and have only recently started playing again.

What is Innistrad like?
>>
>>44152271
damp, kinda gloomy
rent is to die for though
>>
Did any other Elder Dragons survive the war? I know bolas had siblings, but to my memory, they all either died or got turned into a boat. Is there any other mention of Elder Dragons that survived the Elder Dragon War?
>>
>>44153635
Isn't the implication that Ugin might have lived because he was living in the equivalent of bumfuck nowhere and it took Bolas a while to get around to finding the place?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.