[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poor man's Ultramar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: TyrantofBadab.jpg (170 KB, 1000x1518) Image search: [Google]
TyrantofBadab.jpg
170 KB, 1000x1518
I have a challenge for your /tg/.

You are Space Marines and your challenge is to pull off a Lugft Huron.

As in do the same thing as Huron did and take control of a sector and use its industrial power to make your Chapter, and your allies, powerful, yet without the pants-on-head-retarded things Huron did.

Hard Mode: Do so without additionally pissing off other Space Marine Chapters.

Exorciators Mode: Do so without making the High Lords very pissed at you.
>>
>>44133605
Do what Huron did except
1. Don't start legion building
2. Continue paying tithe
>>
>>44133605
I do so under the reasoning that the sector's rulers were lacking in their capabilities to produce enough stuff, so I take control of the place after I discover that they were secretly Chaos Worshippers.

I then move my Fortress Monastery on the main planet now that the rulers were purged.

I then increase production to the point of not only having enough to send as tithe to the Imperium, but also to arm myself and my allies. All by making so by employing the same superior tech I have in my Chapter Forge. I also improve mining capabilities in order to meet production quotas.

And most importantly, I pay my geneseed tithe and continue to petition the High Lords to found new Chapters from my geneseed to lock off the Maelstrom.
>>
File: a91.png (124 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
a91.png
124 KB, 510x546
I ask Terra to allow me to bend some rules. They know we're greatest of them all.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (211 KB, 1399x908) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
211 KB, 1399x908
>>44133605
>Chaos
>Not even once
>>
>>44133605
Well, I'd do the exact same thing he did except not, you know, commit heresy and attack Imperials. Should be fairly simple. Don't fuck around with gene-seed, pay your tithes, and don't fire on friendly ships.
>>
>>44133605
1. Start out advising planetary governors in the local area of space and try to get the marines integrated into the local governance/military matters
2. after becoming integrating improve efficiency of operations provide assistance training local guardsman see if they're are local mechanicus presence and offer assistance too them to in exchange for material aid and tech expertise in exchange for astartus and if possible local guardsman assistance
3. make sure tithes are always on time if there is considerable surplus add it to the tithe in the hopes of getting some good will with the high lords
>>
>>44134915
I'd agree except with tossing extra surplus their way, that could easily end up in a "Oh, so we arnt taxing them enough are we? Better fix that" situation
>>
File: 080324_r17216a_p646.jpg (189 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
080324_r17216a_p646.jpg
189 KB, 600x450
>>44134196
Ultramarines do not bend. When all the universe bends to chaos, an Ultramarine asks himself a single question. What would Codex Astartes have me do? The Ultramarine then proceeds to find the stupidest way to go about doing that and then still wins because Ward is full of Asperger.
>>
>>44133605
>Do so without making the High Lords very pissed at you.

Implying the high lords would give a shit about an average Imperial sector. They didn't care about anything Huron did, didn't even notice really, until he started raiding imperial shipping while fighting with a neighboring sector.

You can do everything Huron did, up to and including withholding some of the tithe to build up the chapter's numbers. So long as you stop short of fighting with neighboring sectors and screwing with the broader Imperial military. It's not hard to imagine that several chapters in the fringes of Imperials space which are running whole sectors, building up their numbers by withholding their gene-seed tithes, and going completely unnoticed because they don't cause trouble for the rest of the Imperium.
>>
>>44133647
those two are one and the same

if he didn't start legion building, he wouldn't have needed to with-hold the tithe
>>
>>44135912
is there a guarantee that will happen
>>44136234
the ultramines will not bend to chaos because the codex astartes is to rigid
>>
File: AL.jpg (104 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
AL.jpg
104 KB, 250x250
>>44133605
>pull off a Lugft Huron

Okay, done. Now what?
>>
>>44138801
celebrate likes its end of ullanor crusade
>>
File: mlp.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
mlp.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44138801
>>
>>44136234

Your days as a novice are behind you, why do you still interpret the Codex so narrowly?
>>
>>44133605
I actually did this in a (well it started off as a Dark Heresy game, but by the end we had used every single system and taken rules from all of them and made "Warhammer 40k: do whatever" game.

it's a long story though, i'm not going to go into details unless someone actually cares.
>>
>>44142150
JUST POST
>>
>>44142150
Tell me a bedtime story, anon.
>>
>>44142150
Would love to read it.
>>
>>44142181
So it started off as a small criminal enterprise on the side by a member of an inquisitorial cell, he used the fact that the inquisitor didn't care and that he had pull in the arbites to make his cartel take over the whole floor of a hive by calling the cops on his opponents and setting up where they once were, as well as strategic hits he did personally and bribery in the right places.

The whole hive's criminal enterprise was his within a year. His mission rate was unparalleled with the underground in the palm of his hand he could find out anything he needed to know and have anyone he wanted dead bumped off on his behalf.

He took the profits and used it to fund his cell and things he cared about, but even with that outgoing, his profits were too large to just sit on.

It was around this time he was made an interrogator and was going interplanetary with his criminal organization. he had them follow a code. Anything goes, drugs, slave trading, weapons marketing, anything that isn't heretical. That meant he stemmed the flow of heretic cults, chaos insiders and xenos cold-trading. He used the cartel to draw out and destroy all the larger groups that did those things, and an inquisitorial sanction to take their assets for himself.

He finally made the rank of inquisitor after finding and destroying an AI that was using a partial STC fragment to construct a dreadnought body for itself.

He burned a fatepoint to save the STC, and another for how corrupted it was, so it was almost entirely pure.

From here he funneled his profits into a trading and shipping organization to set up a forge on some moon orbiting a close friend's (a Planetary governor's) planet.

He declared an inquisitorial quarantine on the moon to keep people away

He started mass production of dreadnoughts, and hired tens thousands of tech-priests, scrimshawers and priests to bless, consecrate, and masterwork every single dreadnought.

cont?
>>
File: wellPlayedSir.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wellPlayedSir.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44138801
;)
>>
>>44140307
Cause the codex does not support such way of thinking. And i fap furiously to lord girlymans corpse when no one is looking.
>>
>>44142466
So he starts bribing the Deathwatch who are on decent terms with him anyway because he's ordo Xenos and has been doing stuff for them on the side this whole time.

He calls them up on a vox (secure line) and is like "Hey, inquisitor Greyblue here. Would you know anyone who could have use for some masterworked artifice quality dreadnoughts?"

They are stunned and say they would like some for the deathwatch fortress and when over a hundred are delivered they don't even know how to respond.

Inquisitor Greyblue has all the while been finding ways to spend his money, not wanting to accumulate too much, and so when he finds legendary lost crops from Terra in a starts vault from a spacehulk he starts to look for a world he can make an agri-world and start mass farming on.

These bizarre crops take quite a bit of study to figure out just how to properly consume them, but "Tea, Tobacco Coffee, wheat, and Coffee" seem to be popular among the richest of the nobility, and so he sells them at a premium and uses his shipping company to cut on costs.

On top of all of this he starts founding mercenary groups to travel around within the sector and get paid by the munitorium for killing things he'd have to organize to have killed anyway, producing their armor and weapons from his own forges, transporting them on his own ships and training them on his secret moon base.

His empire grows larger and larger, he starts having to contact marine chapters further and further out of his sub-sector to give them free dreadnoughts

and then he comes across a ark mechanicus adrift near 'void kraken' hunting grounds.

He sends a small crusade of ships to claim it and although his losses are heavy the forge has schematics for bolt shells, Heavy flamers and Terminator Armor.

He hires more tech-priests, and more scrimshaws, more priests to consecrate everything and starts mass production on all of those things too.
>>
>>44142692
At this point his Sector spanning criminal empire is effectively controlling the underground elements and heretic cults are down to an absolute minimal level with new ones being wiped out almost as soon as they're founded and xenos cold trading stopping altogether as losses in the sector make it's entirely unprofitable.

His mercenary forces float around the sector crushing the occasional ork uprising or Tau incursion

His trading fleet, forges, crops and so on make him more money than he can spend

And he goes around finding space marine chapters in need and sending them bolt shells, terminator Armor, Heavy flamers, and dreadnoughts as well as large sums of money and whatever other supplies they need.

He trains a few interrogators who go one to become inquisitors in their own right, sets up a council of trusted acolytes to run various aspects of his empire and informs them of how to run things after he is dead, as well as how to choose new council members.

He over his lifetime assisted over 200 space marine chapters return to strength and funded the deathwatch so much they were practically sitting by the communicator waiting for him to ask them to do something for him.

He died in the Corpse-World wars, that took place in his sector some 210 years after his appointment to the inquisition.
>>
>>44142792
He did the Emperor's work.
>>
>>44142792
Sounds like a bro.

"Yo, want some free Dreadnoughts?"

"Are you serious?"

"yeah, totally, I'll throw in some termiantor armor, some flamers and a couple million thrones too"

"uhh, brother captain Gallus needs to be informed about this"

"Do you guys need any new ships? I just bought a lunar class cruiser from a drydock and realized that I don't really need it"

"CAAAAAPTAIN"
>>
>>44142897
I CAN'T TELL IF THIS AMOUNT OF WAR MATERIEL IS HERETICAL CAPTAIN
>>
very stupid question,,,, what are you playing?
>>
>>44143082
who are you asking?
>>
anyone, is this a role game? i'm totally lost but it sounds interesting
>>
>>44143222
Warhammer has multiple Roleplaying games.

Only war: you're a soldier in space.
Deathwatch: you're a super soldier in space
Rogue Trader: you're a spaceship captain and his top advisers/allies in space
Black Crusade: you're edgy, in space
Dark Heresy: you're secret service in space
>>
>>44142923
>Sir, we're getting a hail from the Inquisition, apparently they want to give us stuff.

What is your opinion Sargent?

>Well captain, he seems flippant, but the infologs he gave us about the equipment check out.

What exactly is he offering

>He said, and I quote "Yo, want some free Dreadnoughts?"
>>
>>44142923

I have this image of a chapter serf being sent out to poke the newly delivered dreadnoughts with a stick, all else having failed to uncover heresy.

"This has to be heresy! I don't know how and I don't know why but this HAS to be heresy somehow"
>>
File: 1447283684238.png (342 KB, 730x1094) Image search: [Google]
1447283684238.png
342 KB, 730x1094
>>44145604
At least he died in high regard with the marines he helped.

If your chapter was shattered and battered and broken and you got a message from some guy who wanted to give you everything you could ever need to rebuild you'd owe him a debt of gratitude.

If it were me I'd be pretty skeptical of that kind of generosity, I'd want to know what he wants in exchange.
>>
>>44145791
Often they did demand to know what he wanted in return.

In those cases he requested they honor their oaths to the deathwatch, pay their gene-tithes on time unless they had a good excuse, and re-affirm their oath of eternal loyalty to the Emperor.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.