[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG: EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1446590570343.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446590570343.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
"Oath of the Fblthp" Edition

How badly is Wizards fucking up Battle for Zendikar and now Oath of the Gatewatch?

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
>>44126867
>How badly is Wizards fucking up Battle for Zendikar and now Oath of the Gatewatch?

Who cares? R/G ramp commander and W/B Cleric/Lifegain/Utter-End-On-a-Fucking-Stick/SacOutlet commander. I'm already having a ball.

"Buy singles and hope they don't fuck up SOI" --me
>>
>>44126867
>How badly is Wizards fucking up Battle for Zendikar and now Oath of the Gatewatch?
Completely. They could have made it worse... but it'd be hard. Good job, useless fucksticks.

>>44126894
>R/G ramp commander
But Anon, we already had one of those in Radha and she is amazing. Did we need the R/G Wondertwins? And why did we get two R/G legends in the same block when it's a two-set block and not about legendaries?
>>
>>44126919
I kind of like the wonder twins more than Radha since they facilitate more mana in the long term. Also, how can you not be tempted to try some R/G landfall list?
>>
File: My EDH decks.png (1 MB, 1206x1320) Image search: [Google]
My EDH decks.png
1 MB, 1206x1320
Hey guys, so I just realized there's a turn 3 win in my Rakdos, LoR deck if I put in Chrome Mox and Gemstone Caverns(which I was gonna do anyways)

>Opening hand: Gemstone Caverns, Chrome Mox, Lobber Crew(or any pinger really), 2 lands that tap for color, a colored card to exile to chrome mox, a card to exile to Gemstone Caverns.
>Turn 0: Drop Gemstone Caverns, exile unimportant card.
>Turn 1: Draw Cloudstone Curio, play Chrome Mox exiling another unimportant card,play a land, play a pinger.
>Turn 2: Draw Oblivion Sower, play land, then deal damage with pinger, then cast Rakdos.
>Turn 3: Draw Conduit of Ruin, attack with Rakdos and deal six damage, play Cloudstone Curio, start bouncing between Oblivion Sower and Conduit of Ruin until you exile everyone's library

And that's only one possible combination. Keep in mind i'll have 5 mana by turn 3 so I'll have enough to tutor AND play Cloudstone Curio. Am I a massive faggot for this? I told myself i'd never go back to infinite combos, but I guess I also shouldn't have traded for Cloudstone Curio. Fuck...
>>
>>44126998
Because Angrynath exists now. I just don't see the point really to the Wondertwins when you can have so many of the same effect running around in the deck anyway and you already have a general who is true T2 ramp.
>>
>>44126867
My Kozilek EDH is getting some nice stuff. Mostly just the actual Titans themselves (not going to displace Big-Koz himself though, anhilator is too good), but I might pick up a Void Winnower down the line once everything rotates.
>>
>>44127060
Angrynath seems to be the end goal of a ramp deck, which means playing more ramp spells.

Wondertwins are the beginning, which means playing more big spells. To each their own, one supposes.

You raised a damned good point earlier though: why print two different R/G legends in a single block?
My best guess is that they put legendary on 'em because wizards is afraid of people having fun in standard with more than one exploration effect.
>>
File: cheetahmen2.png (896 KB, 1284x469) Image search: [Google]
cheetahmen2.png
896 KB, 1284x469
So I could use some help with my Chainer deck.
Besides the mana curve being a bit high, I noticed the other day while playing it that I didn't actually self-mill that many creature cards. Turns out there's way too many noncreature spells in the deck which don't really do much when they're in the yard, cause I can't really recur them easily (except for artifacts with beacon of unrest, but I think that's it).
Anyone wanna take a look at the deck's noncreature spells and suggest some creatures with similar effects? Specifically self-mill and lifegain would be very helpful.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-and-gary-sitting-in-a-tree/
>>
>>44127068
having a basic land helps at least so that you don't have to use every single land that taps for colourless. I mean you still can, but now you have something that can be searched with solemn simulacrum or evolving wilds
>>
>>44127144
>solemn simulacrum
That's a good point. Mostly I'm just putting in a few Wastes to help soften the blow when a green deck casts that fucking "exile all non-basic lands and artifacts, get a basic for each non-basic" spell. God I hate that spell.
>>
>>44127159
burnished hart could search out 2 as well, but I don't think myriad landscape can as the wastes don't actually have a land type
>>
>>44127159
>>44127201
Wayfarer's Bauble is good here as well.
>>
So crush of tentacles is basically just a second Cyclonic Rift right?
>>
>>44127033
Seeing how you probably won't have such a Christmasland start every single game, you should be fine to pull that off once in a while. Now if you won _every_ game with such consistency, it'd be different.
>>
>>44127259
More like second Devastation Tide but with reverse-miracle instead.
>>
>>44126998
Radha is definitely better than the wonder twins. If the wonder twins were actually efficiently costed (GR would be great, 1GR fair), then it might be the reverse, but right now, the wonder twins are overcosted junk.

Radha is amazing purely because she guarantees you 4 mana on turn 3. She's great in the same way that a sol ring commander would be over powered as shit, though obviously she isn't at that level.
>>
>>44127259
can you read?
>>
I'm trying to convince my buddies to move our casual games to commander. How badly will they hate me if I show up for our first edh game with GAA4?
>>
>>44127259
If you like that effect, try Devastation Tide.
>>
>>44127271
I'd be pretty fucking frustrated with you the way most groups work out. I like stax, but most people don't.

>Hey guys, let's play this format that's fun and casual
>everyone bring your FUN and CASUAL generals
>I'll bring my general considered UNFUN by most people instead though!

I mean, if you know your group well enough that they can still have fun in those environments created by GAA4, by all means bring him. But 90% of groups aren't mature enough to still have fun in a stax game.
>>
>>44127271
Don't do it; you'll instantly move them away from Commander because they'll think you just wanted to play your broken, shitty format where you're the only one that can play spells. If you want them to keep playing, pull out GAA4 later.

>>44127266
(i'm the anon you're replying to)
I think as a direct comparison of effects and power levels, Radha is definitely the better card and more effective ramp. She gets you into the game a lot faster. The wonder twins keep me in the game though, and I can't make as effective landfall jank with Radha.

Plus there's a bit of protection from MLD if you leave a bit of mana up to bounce your lands. And the politicking aspect of being able to bestow trample. I don't really see why you're insisting I write off the twins as being unplayable.
>>
>>44127271
Maybe change it to something like Canadian Highlander first to see if they like the 100 card singleton thing
>>
>>44127266
This is the reason I play Radha, and have since 2006. (Note: I'm the original Radha poster and the source of the Wondertwins comment.)

>>44127338
>I think as a direct comparison of effects and power levels, Radha is definitely the better card and more effective ramp. She gets you into the game a lot faster. The wonder twins keep me in the game though, and I can't make as effective landfall jank with Radha.
I think this is the only real reason to play Wondertwins: landfall jank. Having a general that supports landfall (mostly) is pretty interesting and decently unique. I can support that use of the Wondertwins.

>Plus there's a bit of protection from MLD if you leave a bit of mana up to bounce your lands. And the politicking aspect of being able to bestow trample.
Minor upsides. These are good things, but all pretty small, so whatevs. Nothing to write home about, IMO. And, conversely, someone like Radha actually recovers better from MLD if you need to tap out (you're in R/G and probably playing aggro, you can expect to tap out a lot) since she makes mana personally. However, the bounce effect *is* useful. Trample granting is so minor that I didn't even remember they did it.

>I don't really see why you're insisting I write off the twins as being unplayable.
Note: I never did that. Merely stated that, as a ramp commander (as they were originally reference in this >>44126894 post) they leave much to be desired. Sure, they have their utility, but I don't feel that they're a ramp general. Instead, they're the Primeval Bounty of R/G generals: they do a variety of things, nothing amazingly well, but they'll probably usually be useful at some point.
>>
>>44127033
Do you have a list for rakdos you could share?
>>
>>44127112
Id cut Underworld Connections for something like Harvester of Souls, cut Dark Ritual for Priest of Gix, cut Plague Wind for Reiver Demon/Dread Cacodemon, cut Dictate for either Butcher of Malakir or Grave Pact unless the flash matters that much for you. Those are all the effects I see that can be replaced by creatures

In addition:
>Reaper from the Abyss for a free kill spell every turn
>Ivory Tower goes in every one of my decks with Necropotence and should serve you well
>Phyrexian Delver is a reanimate on a stick
>Corpse Augur could serve you well
>Phyrexian Altar cause its awesome
>Maybe dead Mike but youd have to be careful stealing opponents creatures because if undying triggers for them it will return them to your opponent
>>
>>44127800
Sure, here you go:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-05-15-gvk-rakdos-lord-of-riots-edh/
Its my favorite deck. I spent the last two years injecting money into and tuning this deck and it runs with the smoothness and consistency of butter(for me anyways, who has two years of experience with it). In addition to Gemstone Caverns and Chrome Mox, which I will get later, I am also gettin Homeward Path and Spinerock Knoll soon. I'm not sure what to take out for any of those, but fyi I usually consider colorless lands as taking up a nonland spot for this deck(colored mana is really important for the deck).
>>
File: Commanders.png (474 KB, 974x540) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
474 KB, 974x540
>>44125277
Sorry I'm late

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-life-drain-edh/
>>
File: 198508_1.jpg (69 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
198508_1.jpg
69 KB, 265x370
anyone got any good list for this guy
>>
>>44127112
I'd give one of my balls for WotC to make a paper "Odyssey-Onslaught Remastered".
>>
>>44127259
Blue "wraths".dck
>>
>>44128532
Define "good".
Competitive in standard/modern: doesn't exist.
Casual: depends on exactly how casual your metagame is.

What kind of things do your friends play?
>>
>>44128532
Momir Vig, Prosh, and Thax see a decent amount of play
>>
File: tandn.jpg (35 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
tandn.jpg
35 KB, 223x310
What do you guys usually bring out with tooth and nail when you use it, and with what deck?
I usually use it to bring out vorinclex and ulamog in my omnath, locus of mana deck.
>>
>>44128645
>Standard
>Modern

What thread do you think you're in?
>>
>>44128848
Kiki-Jiki and Pestermite
>>
>>44127033
Could you post the sliver deck?
>>
>>44128848
Mike and his Trike.
>>
>>44129012
Sure, here you go:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-12-15-iAK-sliver-overlord-edh/
It's pretty budget because I actually want to build it IRL
>>
>>44129175
>pretty budge
>400 usd
My friend you either have oodles of money or are mistaken.
>>
File: totallyworthit.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
totallyworthit.jpg
95 KB, 1024x768
>>44128848
First Eternal witness and Master Biomancer, then I recast it for Horned turtle and Phantasmal Image, with Image entering the battlefield as Eternal Witness. I then recast for Sakashima's Student and Phyrexian Metamorph, copying EW again, and recast again for Clever Impersonator, entering as Sakashima's Student, and Clone entering as EW. Finally I search up Mercurial Pretender and Quicksilver Gargantuan with them both entering as Sakashima's Student. What happens afterwards is irrelevant, for I have already won in my heart.
>>
>>44129281
>people really believe that a deck's tapped out price is how much the person spent on it, and isn't just the estimated value of all the cards in the deck
>>
>>44129286
Wow anon, how did you get 45 mana in one turn?
>>
>>44129401
Most of the tapped out prices are at least double what I can get them for locally so I can see how a "budget" deck for one person might seem way more expensive on tapped out.
>>
>>44129417
With Horseshoe Crab, Bloom Tender and Experiment Kraj of course.
>>
>>44127033

"
>"I'll never play dumb combos again!"

>trades for Cloudstone Curio

No one to blame but yourself anon. Why not just triskelion and Mikaeus while you're at it.

Also yes you are a massive faggot. But you are among good company here so faggot away.
>>
Any Advice, been working on this for the past few weeks.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kaseto-snake-tribal-edh-1/
>>
>>44129621
Needs the Great Snake Mistake and chameleon colossus
>>
>>44129686
Great Snake Mistake?
>>
>>44126109
Yeah acidic slime and shriekmaw are both things I've been running in there. Spore frog is hilarious, you should check it out.

>>44126376
I've been looking at other anons' stax lists in deciding whether or not to go the same way with my own deck. Here's some of the things I've seen in those.

For stax:
Sheoldred
Fleshbag Marauder/Slum Reape/Merciless Executioner
Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos
Magus of the Abyss
Mindslicer
Sadistic Hypnotist
Sheoldred
Smokestack
Kokusho
Tainted AEther
Bottomless Pit
Contamination
Necrogen Mist
Words of Waste
Liliana of the Veil (Heretical Healer is good too)
Tangle Wire
Winter Orb

For utility:
Eternal Witness
Waste Not
Tutors (Especially Sidisi)
Bob/Phyrexian Arena
Deathrite Shaman

For sac fodder:
Grave Titan
Bitterblossom
Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
Bloodghast (& other similar creatures)
Awakening Zone
From Beyond
>>
Okay guys, I am wondering about Fertilid.

I understand that it is slow and expensive to play for what it does. BUT: if I am using a deck with doubling season and a lot of counter generation, could it be worthwhile as a replenishable source of land fetching?
>>
>>44129957
Ye
>>
File: 1404581537167.jpg (14 KB, 405x447) Image search: [Google]
1404581537167.jpg
14 KB, 405x447
>pimping Golgari EDH collection
>buying Expeditions online
>mfw seeing how glossy they are IRL
>mfw about as ugly as FTV carda

Luckily I can re-sell them with profit.
>>
What do you guys think about this interaction with Colorless costs?

>903.9. If mana would be added to a player’s mana pool of a color that isn’t in the color identity of that player’s commander, that amount of colorless mana is added to that player’s mana pool instead.
>>
>>44129957
Aye. Run it in Ghave and Kraj. With the amount of counters either sling, it's {1}{G}: Fetch. And it works at instant speed, so if it's a slow turn, you can build for the next and thin your deck. That's damn good.
>>
File: Da Squad.jpg (259 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Da Squad.jpg
259 KB, 1152x648
So, what are you all playing?
>>
File: Updated_Current_Decks.png (2 MB, 1868x801) Image search: [Google]
Updated_Current_Decks.png
2 MB, 1868x801
>>44130409
>>
>>44130409

>>44128188
That
>>
>>44130146
I opened a Scalding Tarn and instantly traded it for a full set of non-foil fetchlands because it looked like it was gonna crumble if I even looked at it funny.

Then the price crumbled and I'm even happier now.
>>
>>44130193
Nothing gamebreaking. Makes running an Eldrazi card easier on three color decks.

Hopefully, if they decide to address it, it'll make the Rules Commitee reevaluate why we even have this rule. All it seems to do is facilitate weird things like Naked Singularity, or stop you from using activated abilities of permanents you've stolen.
>>
>>44129822
Green epic
>>
File: rad paint skills.png (1 MB, 894x622) Image search: [Google]
rad paint skills.png
1 MB, 894x622
>>44130409
>>
Can anyone give me a budget Omnath locus of rage decklist to start of with? He looks really cool and I wanna try him out/
>>
>>44130741
No, it's Endless Swarm and Hive Mind combined: everyone gets an Endless Swarm.
>>
File: Edh Commanders December.png (2 MB, 1128x824) Image search: [Google]
Edh Commanders December.png
2 MB, 1128x824
>>44130409
And Saffi Hatebears but I'm too lazy to update this.
>>
File: Teferi.png (371 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
Teferi.png
371 KB, 412x500
Need advice on what to add/cut from my Creatureless Teferi Stax deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/semi-budget-creatureless-teferi-superfriends-stax/
>>
Did any potentially top tier commanders come out of CMD 2015? We had Daretti and Teferi last year, motherfucking Derevi and Prossh the year before, what of this year?
>>
>>44131395
chronatog
>>
>>44131511
>Creatureless deck
>Add a creature
Never change, /tg/.
>>
>>44131461
Meren is pretty good.

That's about it.
>>
File: chronatog.jpg (26 KB, 270x240) Image search: [Google]
chronatog.jpg
26 KB, 270x240
>>44131511
Just look at this face. How could anyone deny him his spot?
>>
>>44131461
Mizzix and Meren are both pretty great.
>>
>>44131540
Potentially top tier good or just high tier good? We knew her effect would definitely make her playable but isn't she just a downgrade on the usual reanimation commanders due to lacking a third color?
>>
File: Chronatog Totem.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Chronatog Totem.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>44131539
>>
>>44131461
So far it's looking like Meren and Ezuri, though I firmly believe they don't hold a candle as much as Daretti/Teferi/Derevi/Prossh/Animar/Kaalia.

I do think a Meren Stax oritented list is probably the cream of the crop with the of 10 legends.
>>
>>44131566
I'm guessing Mizzix is played as time walk.dek?
>>44131539
Chronatog planeswalker when?
>>
>>44131539
>I hate a janky infinite combo that's fun
>>
>>44131461
>>44131587
Mizzix would be a third runner up, but I personally haven't seen a Mizzix seal a game up so I can't say for certain. Her ability is pretty great since it's akin to Animar.
>>
>>44131587
That's what I sort of thought. Meren stax does sound powerful.

Maybe one of the new commanders will rise. After all, it took some time for the full potential of Daretti to be revealed after CMD14 release.
>>
File: Skittles.jpg (261 KB, 1074x494) Image search: [Google]
Skittles.jpg
261 KB, 1074x494
Building a 5 color allies tribal deck. What package of skittles should I have for my commander?

Leaning towards Sliver Hivelord (What I actually own), Proj, or Big Baby Alara
>>
File: 104285.jpg (26 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
104285.jpg
26 KB, 200x285
I'm pretty new , so I wanted your opinions.

How does newlamog stack up to the old one?
How good is exile 20 next to annihilator 4?

What exactly is the purpose of ingest? Is the some awesome spells or mechanics that capitalize on it?
>>
Check out the rad playmat my girlfriend bought me
>>
>>44131745
karona is the obvious choice, cromat is style points
>>
>>44131745
Sliver Overlord or Reaper King, that way you can run Shapeshifters with your allies.
>>
>>44131772

Isn't your girlfriend jealous of your waifu?
>>
>>44131579
it's a more powerful recursion effect for stax lists
>>
>>44131806
We have an understanding
>>
>>44131772
>command zone and experience counters on the playmat
I do kind of like this. Thinking of getting a Mizzix one if it's available since I have a goblin fetish.
>>
>>44131813
I guess you're right, I was thinking of it as a typical reanimation commander but it could be closer to a stax (or Liliana) list.
>>
>>44131818
I want to say they have one for all the new commanders
>>
>>44131772
I still can't believe that wasn't an alternate art for Deathrite Shaman.
>>
>>44131858
I assume so but I'm just not sure my small LGS will be carrying them. Though now that I look at them all, Meren really is the best looking one of the bunch.
>>
>>44131858
Alt commanders too, or just the exp counters?
>>
>>44131931
Just the main exp using ones I think
>>
Yesterday, a Derevi player told me Survival of the Fittest should be banned when I played it. I didn't even get a combo with it, just an E.Witness, Containment Priest and Sun Titan before it got destroyed. But yeah, banworthy.

I do think SotF would be a reasonable ban, but the irony of a Derevi player complaining about anything is delicious.
>>
>>44132002
Tfw you pod clone shell into Mike and Trike on turn 4
>>
>>44132002
>I didn't get to combo
>Witness and Sun titan
>bitches when it was destroyed

Derevi players are indeed fags, but in this case he is right. It should be banned.

>>44131931
As of last year, they started doing them for all the face commanders. So there are mats for the Walkers, too. The numbers aren't exp counters, they're commander tax/damage.
>>
>>44131763
In my opinion Ulamog 2.0 beats 1.0. Exile twenty and exile two are better, though I would really miss the graveyard shuffle. New Kozilek looks amazing too, by the way.

>Ingest

Is draft fodder and will not see anything useful outside of limited.
>>
>>44132399
You... you have got to be trolling. Exile 20 is far worse than Annihilator 4. And Newzilek is infinitely worse than real Kozilek, like damn.
>>
Now I'm genuinely curious of how to build the great snake mistake
>>
>>44132442
Not him but I think the new Kozilek is closer in power to the original than Ulamog is. Newlamog's milling is so much worse than Annihilator whereas Newzilek gives non-blue decks a fucking counterspell. The original Kozilek is still the arguably the best colourless commander, along with Karn, though.
>>
>>44131612
Honestly, I'd rather just keep bouncing Stasis with Capsize to lock my opponents out.
>>
>>44132576
Build Kaseto as UG Voltron and not as Snake Tribal, that's how.
>>
>>44131291
Just take this list and replace anything too expensive for you with Eternal Witness and ramp spells.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/raging-omnath-commander/
>>
>>44132259
>I didn't get to combo
>Witness and Sun titan
>bitches when it was destroyed
That's synergy, not combo. And I'm not bitching, just appreciating the irony. Read the spoilers next time.
>>
File: Sidisi-MtG-Art.jpg (99 KB, 1228x896) Image search: [Google]
Sidisi-MtG-Art.jpg
99 KB, 1228x896
Still looking for some help cutting stuff from this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-12-15-sidisi-brood-tyrant/
Cuts are mostly what I'm looking for but any good additions that I missed would be appreciated as well.
>>
File: UNLIMITED BAIT WORKS.jpg (47 KB, 620x626) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED BAIT WORKS.jpg
47 KB, 620x626
>>44132442
>Exile 20 is far worse than Annihilator 4.
>>
>>44132934
Are you reverse baiting?
>>
File: Image (12).jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (12).jpg
32 KB, 223x310
How do I into Atogatog?
>>
>>44133068
Play Atogs.
>>
>>44130876
My Jor Kadeen bro
>>
>>44132934
It is
>>
>>44132932
A lot of those creatures seem pretty unnecessary to Sidisi's main strategy. You're missing out on some of the best cards for self-milling with sidisi, such as satyr wayfinder and the dredge cards like golgari grave troll, stinkweed imp and golgari thug. You have a lot of cards that seem to focus on sacrificing and milling the opponents which could be cut as they are less helpful to Sidisi
>>
>>44132934
In limited, it's about the same; in multiplayer constructed, exile 20 from the library isn't fast enough
>>
>>44132442
Actually, im not kidding at all. Exiling is much more relevant in a format containing boardwipes/removal amd recursion in infinite numbers. And the new Kozilek not only draws you cards, but also protects itself by filling your hand with counterspells.
>>
>>44133191
You know, I just remembered something.

Sidisi's ability doesn't trigger off of creatures going into opponents graveyards.

Fuck.
>>
>>44132442
>swing Ulamog five times and your opponent loses

How is that worse?
>>
>>44133267
Because the first through fourth swings do little to prevent them from getting rid of Kozilek, and Millxile 20 only matters if it exiles a combo piece. Annihilator 4 sets their board back a fair bit unless they've got plenty of sac fodder on hand.
>>
>>44133267
You can NOT be serious anon
>>
>>44133267
because in 5 turns it's almost guaranteed that someone will bounce it at best, mind control/gilded drake it at worst. exceptionally fat fatasses like eldrazi titans are almost more of a liability in EDH than a positive thing. at least with annihilator if you got to swing once before you lost it then you fucked up someone's board a little. exile 20 could ultimately mean nothing. I don't like getting hit by either, but I can recover from exile 20 and keep my game rolling better than I can recover from losing 4 permanents
>>
>>44133317
20 cards each swing has a high chance of fucking them over especially if you can get Ulamog swinging as soon as possible
>>
>>44133400
20 cards means nothing unless you can do all 5 and mill them out. if you exile 20 and they remove ulamog, what did you accomplish? shit.

annihilator makes an impact from the first swing and hurts more and more with every swing after.
>>
>>44133400
Not even near as much as losing 4 permanents. Sure, you're lucky you got rid of some sort of bullshit combo but its nothing compared to losing 4+ permanents to one card.
>>
>>44133267
it doesn't impact the board
>>
File: 1430547849042.gif (966 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1430547849042.gif
966 KB, 245x250
>>44132969
>>44133163
I'm sorry, I read that and interpreted it the other way around.

>>44133267
Because 5 turns is fucking forever in a normal game of Magic and absurdly eternal in EDH.
>>
>>44133400
Not the same anon you've been arguing with, but the old Ulamog would permanently set back their board presence and cause them to start playing catch up with your. At worst for you they sacced some utility creatures and at best some lands. Either way, you have thrown a wrench into their plans.

Newlamog, while his exile 20 CAN fuck up their plans, it does nothing to their board state and allows them to continue their next turn with little to no disruption aside from no longer being able to access some cards.

They both have their merits but, typically, old Ulamog will have a larger impact upon swinging and it will be felt much harder.
>>
>>44130450
chandra decklist?
>>
File: br.png (309 KB, 444x310) Image search: [Google]
br.png
309 KB, 444x310
Lookin to build a fun B/R aggro.
Who is better in pic related.
>>
Anyone have a cheap Meren stax list I could look at? I've seen some expensive ones. I'm hoping I can find a cheaper version that is pretty decent/fun.
>>
>>44133553
They're both pretty bad, but Rakdos is better than Mogis by a mile.
>>
>>44133553
For aggro? Rakdos, no contest.
>>
File: Basandra, Battle Seraph_CMD.jpg (52 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Basandra, Battle Seraph_CMD.jpg
52 KB, 312x445
What are some ways of generating card advantage in WR? Is it basically just sweepers and prison enchantments?
>>
>>44133577
Who would you suggest for BR then.
>>
File: 117.jpg (90 KB, 217x310) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
90 KB, 217x310
>>44133553
pic related
>>
>>44133587
kind of. RW is usually focussed towards combat and attacking, and doesn't do much to gain advantage beyond that
>>
I wanna play a URx artifact deck, what are my best options for commanders? I wanted to use Mishra but I couldn't find many cards in black that interact with artifacts. I'm thinking nin but are there any that I'm missing?
>>
>>44133616
Aggro only exists in formats where you only have to deal 20 damage to win the game. In a typical EDH game you have to deal 80-200 to win, so winning in the first five turns is a lost cause unless you combo. If you just mean BR for the colors, then Rakdos is a pretty decent Eldrazi + morphs tribal commander. My personal pick for top BR commander is Grenzo for the combo potential and general goodstuff fun.
>>
>>44133587
>What are some ways of generating card advantage in WR?

Red and White can not generate card advantage because it's not part of their color pie. Afterall, it would be broken for white to draw cards and it would be against the spirit of red to do so. Instead you get efficient creatures, though! : )
>>
>>44133685
I mean it doesn't have to be aggro, i should say i just wanted to play more aggressive. I just play this for fun really.
Grenzo does seem good i always forget about conspiracy.
>>
File: absolutelysmug.jpg (140 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
absolutelysmug.jpg
140 KB, 560x570
>>44133685
>Aggro only exists in formats where you only have to deal 20 damage to win the game
good meme +1
>>
>>44131609
Time walks or storm, once you get a few counters on she becomes unstoppable.
>>
>>44133772
Would it hurt to give some personal input in the discussion than just be a /v/ shitter?
>>
>>44133726
Grenzo is pretty fun. It can even work as a goblin tribal deck. Cards like Junktroller, reito lantern and crystal ball are good in the deck too
>>
File: 1444852393624.gif (1015 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
1444852393624.gif
1015 KB, 500x470
>>44133805
I don't know, would it? ;^)
>>
>>44133772
Explain how to quickly and reliably win a game against three other players with 40 life each without resorting to combo.
>>
Hey I was shenanigansing Meren (best grrrl) and I found myself in the curious position of being able to resurrect a Groundbreaker at the beginning of my end step. If I do that does Groundbreakers sac trigger still take effect or can I side step that for a turn?
>>
>>44133882
Groundbreaker triggers on the beginning of the end step, but it's aready the end step when you bring it back. So it'll come back and stick around until the next player's end step.
>>
>>44133874
Kill all their lands and watch them rage scoop.

Aggro helps you kill them before they get the chance to rage scoop.
>>
>>44133915
MLD isn't really an aggro thing
>>
>>44133915
If the people you play with quit because their first three or four lands get destroyed, you are playing with trash-tier casual shitters. But I suppose that answers the question.
>>
>>44133946
I want the crack you've been smoking. MLD is 100% an aggro thing, you drop down efficient beaters and armageddon, and no one can deal with your threats.
>>
>>44133989
I mean, you don't really do that early on like aggro decks do. You want people to dump all their lands before actually playing armageddon. It doesn't fit the term aggro.
>>
File: Narset.png (136 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Narset.png
136 KB, 223x311
>>44133679
White has more interactions with artifacts than black so you might want to go with that.
>>
>>44133679
black doesn't have much to do with artifacts as they aren't alive. I think there are a couple of cards from early magic that destroy artifacts, but nothing that benefits artifacts much. Green doesn't like artifacts either as they aren't natural, but white at least likes and cares about equipment, so maybe something along a Jeskai route
>>
>>44133416
The argument I've heard is that you may lock opponents out of their combos, but you'd have to be very lucky, or face opponents with shitty decks, for that to be really relevant. Against just generic goodstuff decks, exile 20 does approximately nothing.
>Rest in Peace in play
>opponent Traumatizes me, exiling half my library
>most of my best equipments and instants are gone, making my Stonehewer and Sunforger anemic
>go one to win that game anyway
>>
>>44133874
Aggro is the weakest strategy in EDH but that doesn't mean it can't work and it certainly doesn't mean you have to deal 120 damage total every game. And even when you have to do the full 40 damage on a player, EDH aggro decks are designed to push out those big numbers. You're not playing goblin guides, you're playing Hero of Bladehold and Cathar's Crusades, or token swarm with Shared Animosity, or maybe Xenagod with double strike.

People who think aggro can't exist in EDH generally have this misguided idea that only sligh counts as aggro.
>>
>>44132399
Isn't It That Betrays better than all the actual titans anyways?
Easier to cheat into play, steals anything your opponents sacrifice. It is damn expensive though.
Imagine it in a sacrifice deck like meren, or a stax deck.
>>
>>44134831
It doesn't give you an uncounterable destroy or draw 4 effect.

And it doesn't make you immune to mill.
>>
I have no idea what to remove for doubling season and other cards in the maybe board. The whole deal of this deck is to put counters on other creatures fetch up cards that give creatures with counters on them bonuses like flying, deathtouch etc and go from there.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/outlast-is-not-junk/
>>
>>44134872
On the plus side, it can be reanimated. Which some people would care about way more than mill protection. They fulfill different roles, in different decks. If you're playing shops or Animar, titans are better. For reanimator / stax, I prefer It That Betrays.
>>
>>44135074
I also missed out on BfZ and C15 so I dont know much about cards in those set and what I can add in my deck.
>>
>>44135074
I'm really not a fan of Doubling Season in Anafenza, it costs too much for something that accomplishes basically the same thing as Hardened Scales. Doubling Season is a powerful card, no doubt about it, but I don't think it's what you want in what is at its core an aggro deck.

Out of curiosity, how does your deck fare against wraths? It looks like a much slower and bigger build than I'm used to seeing but with not much in the way of recursion.
>>
>>44135118
BFZ is a bad set for Commander. It only added the dual lands and two or three oddball Legends.
>>
>>44135359
While it's true that it's a bad set overall, it does have its fair share of EDH playables. I've put Gideon, Ob Nixilis, Quarantine Field, Brutal Expulsion, Drana, Smothering Abomination and manlands in decks. Some people report doing good shit with Sire of Stagnation, Emeria Shepherd and Greenwarden of Murasa. Then there's Boltnath, who proved to be a perfectly fine commander.
>>
Hey guys I'm looking to make my first deck and was going for U/B. Before I even pick a commander, what are some 100% essential cards to have if I'm in those colors?
>>
>>44130450
Have you got a list for Liliana?
>>
>>44135359
Omnath locus of rage looks like a really good commander. And the 0/0 for X and put x counters is I think would be really good in my anefenza deck. But yea overall It was kinda weak. Save for gideon and ob also.

>>44135188
I have a nice touch of recursion and fetching effects so I do kinda well I guess. I havent played the deck that much against many board wipes.
>>
>>44135459
You're supposed to pick the commander first, it's pointless to list cards when we don't know if you'll be playing combo, creatureless control, goodstuff, reanimation, etc.
>>
>>44135635
Should I remove gleam of Authority for Endless one?
>>
>>44135359
Black got a couple gems, like Smothering Abomination and Zulaport Cutthroat.

Colorless removal is also never bad, for the inevitable Iona appearance.
>>
File: Lazav, Dimir Mastermind (1).jpg (99 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind (1).jpg
99 KB, 312x445
>>44135640

Fair enough, I'm considering Lazav here or Dralnu, the Lich Lord.

My knowledge of the card base outside Standard isn't very good, so I'd appreciate all the help I can get, even with just a starting point
>>
>>44131316
>>44131316
got a list for that saffi hatebears deck? i'm in the middle of working on a selvala hatebears that's disguised as a hugs deck, shoudl be fun but i could use some pointers
>>
>>44136627
You'll want some mill and copy shit. Check edhrec.com for what other people use. Tappedout also helps for sample decklists.
>>
>>44136627
Some basic stuff you'll use in just about any deck with those colors:
>Counterspell/Dissolve/Forbid
>Go for the Throat/Snuff Out/Murder/Doom Blade
>Diabolic Tutor/Demonic Tutor/Increasing Ambition/Diabolic Revelation/Dark Petition
>Cyclonic Rift
>Phyrexian Arena
>Necropotence
>Crux of Fate/Decree of Pain/Toxic Deluge/Damnation
>Urborg, Tomb of yawgmoth
>Cabal Coffers
>Reliquary Tower
>Rhystic Study
>Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos
>Sol Ring

Some of the above are semi pricey but I tried to include some budget options. If you want to go with Dralnu I have a decent-ish spellslinger deck with him I can post.
>>
>>44136923

Thanks for the list, and yea I'd love to see it
>>
>>44137066
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dralnu-the-spellslinging-lich-lord/
>>
>>44136923
You forgot Lim-Dul's Vault
>>
>>44129281
hey I just got back, let me address a few things
>I have some money, but mostly cards I trade for other cards
>I have a bit over half the cards already, and about a third of the land base including Cavern of Souls
>There are much more expensive 5-color builds. This was the best build I came up with to maximize performance and minimize cost
>My most expensive deck is $600 and I own all of it in paper.
>Christmas is coming up
I hope that clears up a few assumptions about my budget. You could always forgo shocks and run scry-lands if you don't have the money, but I highly recommend the shocks.
>>
>>44129617
Good, I'm glad I'm among my own people. Also I run Mikaeus in the deck but desu Triskelion isn't powerful enough on its own to be worth running.
>>
Is it a bad idea to Turn 1 cast Rhys the Redeemed and start making tokens early?
>>
>>44138786
Maybe only cause it would paint an early target on you.
>>
I might be dumb but can someone explain in detail how I would use Parallax Tide and Parallax Wave in Brago?

I mean I get that he flickers it and it resets the counters, but to what purpose? It's still just temporary and a lot of people play creatures with ETB abilities, and keeping like three lands away as long as it's on the board is not THAT good.
>>
>>44139084
Tide untaps your own lands like a boss though.
>>
>>44133553
Rakdos is better for aggro, Mogis is way better for Stax/Slug.
>>
>>44139262
On every round after the round you play it, it ramps you four mana, IF brago is on the field.

There's a literal shitload of mana stones that ramp that much for a cheaper cost and mana stones that ramp for more at around the same cost. I just don't see why I would play it over any of those.
>>
>>44139524
You can use it as an aggressive option to keep particular players off their mana, as well.
>>
>>44139605
In Brago I would just rather lock down everyone's mana using all Stasis effects I can get my hands on.

I just don't see either option as that useful considering the other options the deck has, not even when considered together.
>>
>>44135609

Here's Liliana

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-10-15-liliana/

>>44133535
Don't have a list yet sadly. It's my next upload to Tapped.
>>
File: landman.png (142 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
landman.png
142 KB, 223x311
So I just put together the first build of Noyan Dar.
How'd I do? Any suggestions? Inkmoth nexus is already on the way.
>>
>>44140222
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cantrip-tribal/
Ctrl V is hard.
>>
>>44140222
Yea it's pretty good my man
>>
>>44140222
It seems to be missing a lot of cards.
>>
>>44139661
>>44139524
>>44139084
The strength in the parallax enchantments is in their utility. Having Parallax Wave down means you have free protection from all sorts of common creature based wincons. They can't Palinchron + Deadeye or go off with Kiki-Jiki for example. It can also severely slow down or entirely stop (assuming you can reset the counters) any deck that relies on attacking with creatures to win, like Kaalia or Xenagod. It can be used to protect your Brago or your other creatures from removal, which is hugely useful, or you can abuse your own creature's ETBs with it. it can also exile things permanently with an instant speed blink effect. Even in an absolute worst case scenario, you can just remove a troublesome creature like an Eldrazi Titan, Avacyn, Sphinx, Prophet, a Praetor, etc. etc. for 4 turns, or two of them for 3 turns, and so on. And those are all going to be turns in which said player is not dominating the game with their creature. The downside of being unable to target opposing creatures with big ETB abilities is a weakness of the card, but most of those cards aren't ones who are hugely scary just sitting on board. And if someone does plan on abusing the ETBs of said cards, Wave provides a backup plan of letting you at least confiscate it for awhile. I've never actually played with Tide so I can't say, but I imagine many of the same things are true about it. Wave is an MVP in every deck I put it in though.
>>
Hey folks, what are some good haste-enablers for an Ulasht tokens deck? I've already got In The Web of War and Ogre Battledriver, I just feel like the enchantments that do such without buffing them are a waste of mana. Am I wrong in this regard, or are there other basically better cards in R/G?
>>
>>44140265
>you can abuse your own creature's ETBs with it
With Brago on the field, it doesn't do anything Brago doesn't already do, except Brago just does it better.
>>
>>44140304
Fires of yavimaya is decent, and urabrask tapping down other creatures can come in handy.
>>
>>44140304
If you want ones that buff your shit as well, that's pretty much it.

Otherwise you have Urabrask and Fires of Yavimaya as the most common.
>>
>>44140304
>I just feel like the enchantments that do such without buffing them are a waste of mana. Am I wrong in this regard

Yes, you're being dumb. Put Fires of Yavimaya and Hammer of Purphoros in there.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
29 KB, 223x310
Rule question:
Opponent has a 2/2 enchanted with Inferno Fist, so it's a 4/2. I cast Reprisal on the creature, and he sacrifices Inferno Fist to deal some damage. Does Reprisal still destroy the creature even though his power is no longer 4?
>>
>>44140388
No, it doesn't. It checks on resolution, and then fizzles.
>>
>>44140304
>Ulasht
Why aren't you playing Marath?
>>
>>44140304
I'm actually fond of Concordant Crossroads and Mass Hysteria, because I can plop them down the same turn I make all my tokens for a negligible cost. I've found that having something like Web of War sitting around gives people too much forewarning and therefore a chance to shut you down. Anger of course is fantastic if you run a few sac outlets or ways to pitch it to the yard. I run Hazezon Tamar tokens in a pretty cutthroat meta and not Ulasht though so do what works for your deck and playgroup.
>>44140340
In a perfect world you'll always have Brago out, but having redundant ways to do what he does is not a bad idea. It also does a lot more than that; abusing ETBs is one of the things it's weakest at. Have you tried it out in your deck yet? I'd reccomend at least giving it a shot. It really is a swiss army enchantment for control/stax decks.
>>
>>44140442
Because I'm a nigger and this deck has a central shell of cards that are regularly swapped to make the whole thing a Thromok deck.

And I am a speshul fuckin snowflake
>>
>>44140442
Because he likes Ulasht better?
>>
File: 1435346607489.jpg (6 KB, 176x187) Image search: [Google]
1435346607489.jpg
6 KB, 176x187
What are some anti control commanders? Tired of getting raped by tasigur and narset in particular. Would prefer french banlist suggestions since that's where I actually compete in, but I'll take anything at this point.

>mfw facing yet another tasigur
>>
>>44140341
Throwing both in, Urabrask is dope, glad I have one in the binder.

>>44140343
Rough life. See above.

>>44140368
Hammer isn't too bad either since I have a couple sac engines that I feed the tokens to in an emergency. Added.

>>44140476
I dig the 1CMC. That is some smart shit right there. Thanks, yo.
>>
>>44140602
>>44140368
*sac engines that then give me lands, such as Perilous Forays
>>
>>44140476
>Concordant Crossroads
In my opinion, only ever worth it in a deck with no other options, like my Nath for example. If a deck has access to red, running the risk of giving your opponents the same benefit is just NOT worth it, even if you think you can kill them the same turn. It's going to backfire and more often than you'd like.

>>44140490
>I am a speshul fuckin snowflake
That explains it.

>>44140548
If you're actually playing 1v1 French, just go the other kind of rape machine and play Marath. That's what I do and control players in my meta fucking hate me.
>>
Is a dragon tribal Scion deck expensive?

Been wanting to put one together for ages and decided to finally give it a go tomorrow and looking for some directions on what to go for other than "all the lords" and what early game would be good or to just ramp up ASAP and drop some big'uns.
>>
>>44140548
Gaddock Teeg maybe? I don't play french.
>>44140625
>It's going to backfire
Both the cards are pretty new additions to my deck, so you really could be correct. I don't usually play against too many creature combat focused decks though, and most of them already work really hard to get haste effects. That said, I'm sure it's going to fuck me over vs Narset or Kaalia or something one of these days.
>>
>>44140548
Ruric

Fucking

Thar
>>
File: Muh decks.png (785 KB, 1115x311) Image search: [Google]
Muh decks.png
785 KB, 1115x311
>>44140476
I love concordant crossroads and mass hysteria, although they're not entirely there for me. My Gahiji deck makes good use of anything it can to turn people against eachother, or speed the game along.
>>
File: commanders.png (694 KB, 1125x364) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
694 KB, 1125x364
>>44130409
>>
>>44140777
I hope you run a "Assault Suit and all the board wipes you can find that doesn't hit Zurgo" kind of Zurgo deck.
>>
>everyone constantly meme'ing on G/U
>muh tropical island is the best card in the game
>alright I like playing OP decks, I'm going to brew some stupid broken shit
>all G/U commanders are surprisingly mediocre
>there have been like 2 G/U top 8's post vancouver mulligan

/tg/ has fooled me again, good thing I didn't buy any cards.
>>
>>44140799
Does your Daxos actually hold up in competitive play? List?
>>
>>44140799
Do you have a list handy for Shu Yun? I tried to build him awhile back because I don't like any of the other Jeskai colored commanders, but I couldn't make him work.
>>
>>44140852
I haven't gotten to play a finished version yet but here's what I'm looking to build
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daxos-encantments/
>>
>>44140868
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-spellslinging/
still could use some optimization but it's very fun to play
>>
I'm pondering making Black/Blue Eldrazi tribal. But I'm unsure as to who I want the general to be. Maybe Wrexial for tentacle themed fun? Or is there someone better strategy-wise?
>>
File: il_570xN.665489817_mth0.jpg (105 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.665489817_mth0.jpg
105 KB, 570x570
Well. I just won on T3 with Jeleva because I top decked a T1 Sol ring. Hurray
>>
>>44140918
Oona synergizes really well with processor effects. She's insane with Oblvion Sower.
>>
>>44140948
I hadn't thought about her. And with hybrid mana, I wouldn't have to worry about mana fixing as much.
>>
>>44140868
Shu Yun is pretty easy to build, you just have to stop thinking of it in the terms of a normal EDH deck. Shu Yun wants tons of cards that are useless in almost any other deck, like Reckless Charge. Small spells that buff Shu Yun, give him some sort of evasion or protect him and then draw you a card, have flashback or at least let you scry or something.

You only have other big creatures as a backup plan and then you play mostly creatures that do something on dealing combat damage, like Medomai or Sphinx Ambassador so you can make them trigger twice.
>>
>>44140918
>strategy-wise?
If you're making *Eldrazi tribal*, this shouldn't be a concern for you at all.
>>
File: decks.png (456 KB, 679x311) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
456 KB, 679x311
>>44130409
who /black/ here
>>
>>44140941
It happens. I honestly feel Sol Ring should be banned, but it isn't, so oh well.
>>
>>44140877
>Chains of Mephistopheles
>>
>>44141032
but it is in the better edh format ;)
>>
>>44141047
It's a pretty good card if I ever get one I won't
>>
>>44140830
Of course, is there any other way?
>>
File: muhdecks.png (2 MB, 1248x890) Image search: [Google]
muhdecks.png
2 MB, 1248x890
>>44130409
>>
File: mki3tTW.gif (2 MB, 394x245) Image search: [Google]
mki3tTW.gif
2 MB, 394x245
>>44141189
No, friendo, there really isn't.
>>
>>44140777
>"Assault Suit and all the board wipes you can find that doesn't hit Zurgo"
>Akroma still in the works, currently about getting her out and just murdering someone on the same turn with tons of mana
>Political chaos Gahiji
>Sphinx tribal Sharuum
>Combo toolbox Scion
>>
>>44140831
UGx, not UG.
>>
>>44140831
Derevi
Maelstrom
Mimeoplasm
Animar
Damia
Rafiq
Riku

These decks constitute more than half of the tier 1 decks or at least occupy the very top of tier 2. See a pattern?
>>
>>44141026
I never really understood the concept of having a favorite color.
>>
>>44141390

Each color is representative of playstyles, so people who like certain playstyles obviously endorse that color the most.

I personally won't play Green or White, my allegiance is to Grixis
>>
>>44141547
Representative, yeaaaah, but there's no exclusivity. Control decks as well as aggro decks can feature pretty much any color.

Besides, I feel like every kind of archetype and playstyle has its own appeal. I just don't get people who arbitrarily limit themselves like that.
>>
>>44141026
>Griselbrand
>>
>>44141547
>won't play Green or White
This is the dumbest shit ever. I have a friend who refuses to play any blue or white cards whatsoever. He's never made a deck that could even produce and use either color. Having a favorite color is fine, I personally tend towards liking green the most, but I play all five colors pretty equally.
>>
>>44141787
Agreed. I'm quite vocal about my dislike of blue-based midrange/goodstuff decks in EDH, particularly blue-green ones, but goddamn I'll play blue commanders and blue cards if I like what they do
>>
>>44141787
I don't particularly like green and I hardly ever play it as a result, but I will occasionally. I don't get the whole "I refuse to play color X" thing.
>>
>>44141547
I thought I would never play Black, and then I fell in love with Orzhov.
>>
File: commanders.png (763 KB, 1397x671) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
763 KB, 1397x671
I really like every color but white, but I don't oppose playing white as a support color.
>>
>>44142155
I don't see an anus color amongst your generals. So that's one more color you don't like.
>>
>>44142200
What's a amusing color?
>>
>>44142227
Fuck meant anus
>>
>>44142227
Any colorless general is now identifies as Anus.
>>
>>44142271
I'm waiting for wastes to be released before I dive into colorless bullshittery. will probably build karn when I do.
>>
Hey guys noob here, I know what the card craw wurm is but what's the meme everyone keeps mentioning around here about it, also what is a superfriends deck
>>
>>44142417
craw wurm.dec is a joke about people who play green decks that don't do anything but smash with creatures and superfriends is just a reference to a deck filled with planeswalkers
>>
>>44142417
Superfriends

A team of comic book superheroes who fight crime.
>>
>>44142417
"craw wurm magic" refers to the play style where people just play "drop big fat dumb creatures and attack each other mindlessly". it's the idea that EDH games should lack complexity and that any other play style is unfun and only used by try hards that don't understand the spirit of EDH.
>>
File: mana barbs.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
mana barbs.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
I want to put together an Anya deck that just burns everyone at every stage of the game.

Shit like mana barbs, Scab Clan Berserker, shit like that with all the damage doubling enchantments. What are some other cards like mana barbs I should throw in here?
>>
>>44142464
Price of Glory

There's a lot of disgusting hate cards in red, and a fair amount in Black. Switching to RB or RBW might give you more room to hate.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.