[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golem Quest #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: Gabe Stats.jpg (87 KB, 958x459) Image search: [Google]
Gabe Stats.jpg
87 KB, 958x459
Late light Golem adventuring you don't want you mom to know about (because she'd be extremely disappointed)

Previous Threads
Thread 1 - >>43993297
Thread 2 - >>44027999
Thread 3 - >>44075257
Thread 4 - >>44092125

Date: 200 AVO (After Big One), Year of the Shield

After saving the City of Kelvin by convincing the attacking Telvish army to retreat, Holly was horribly wounded. Her arm cut off, and a terrible sword wound on her belly. The healers told you that she would not make it, and you found that your repair gel would not work on her. All seemed lost.
But fate had other plans, and in the extreme emotional disturbance, a gift from your creator activated deep within you. A tiny fraction of your own life force zap Holly, and healed her grave wounds. Oddly enough, the rip in her flesh was replaced with that of strange, organic stone, similar to the kind that makes up one of the under lays of your body.
You, how ever, were still worried, and decided to go to the Mage College to have them examine her, to make sure that Holly was not in danger from her new skin.

Most of the Mages are still out in the city, helping repair things with their magics, but Rutheo and his wards remain. Liz and Shald are playing a game of Chess while Rutheo looks over Holly.
"Amazing." He says. "Tell me Gabriel, have you ever heard of the Dwarven Stone Bodily Repair?" You shake your head. Rutheo nods. "I cannot say I am surpirsed. It was rare, even when the Under Kingdom was at the height of its power. Or so the books say, that is. The theory behind it is similar to that of the mechanical limb replacements used my the Imperium. But with a special type of stone that only the Dwarves new how to mold." He looks at Hollys belly with a magnifying glass.

cont.
>>
>>44119154

Rutheo, pokes the stone, which Holly obviously feels. "Well, I would say that, besides having rock hard abs, and I mean that literally, Holly should be perfectly fine." He sets his magnifying glass down, and that takes a needle to draw some of Hollys blood from the still fleshy part of her belly. "I'm going to do a study. Perhaps I might find the secret behind this. Until then, I would recommend you take it easy. Avoid getting stabbed." he laughs.

Because you, ya know, saved the city, Rutheo does not charge you for his services.

You have free reign of the city now, what do you wish to do?
>>
we should likely get her missing arm sorted first
>>
Get her a sick new arm. She deserves it.
>>
>>44119360
To the Limb Replacement Clinic!
>>
File: Hollys new arm.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Hollys new arm.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>44119386
>>44119422

Holly looks down at the bandaged stump that was once her arm and frowns. This breaks your stone heart, so you take her still remaining hand and lead her to the Limb Clinic.
Inside, a new person is sitting at the desk, this time it is a short, stocky human. He looks very tired and like he doesn't want to be there. "Sorry, we are not taking any new clients at this time." He says lazily, barely looking up at you from the paper work he is filling out. You go to say something but are cut off by the trotting of hooves in the back room, from which Caratun emerges. "Yes sorry, we are over boo- oh Fylkir." He stops his self short.
"Its you! The big hero man!" He says surprised. He notices Hollys missing arm. "For you, I think we have an extra arm." His assistent at the desk goes to say something but Caratun cuts him off. "You can bill me for this one, Gregory." He says flatly. "If the Hero of Kelvin wants to get his friend a new limb, I will damn well give them one." He motions for you to fallow him to the surgery room.
"I really should have known we be getting orders out the ass for limbs." He pauses. "that woulds really weird out load." He has Holly sit in one of the chairs. "Fylkir knows I wish I could help everyone that walks in here, but we just don't have enough. We need to get an express order from the North." He removes Hollys bandages and begins taking her measurements. It doesn't take him long to get them, and he goes about getting a limb coupler build.
A limb coupler is the is a small device that connects the living tissue to the mechanical limb. Its a strange devise that only doctors of the Limb Replacement Program truly understand. Watching Caratun build it is like watching someone experiment on alien technology. It takes him half and hour to build, and when he finishes it, he begins strapping Holly into the chair. "This is wear things get painful." Holly does no protest. Caratun places the connector on her stub, and begins to process.
>>
>>44120078

The process is long, and extremely painful, Caratun tells you that he has to like up the nerves the nerves and a bunch of other things you really don't understand. What ever the case, Holly us crying, holding your hand tightly. By the time its finished, shes nearly passed out from the pain. After several that part is done, Caratun brings up the new arm. (pictured above. Only its from the elbow down, not the shoulder)
the actual putting on of the of the arm is what breaks the camels back. Holly passes out from the pain. But, Caratun declares that the procedure was a success. You take Holly into your arms and take her back to the Militia HQ, where she can rest.

You have several options now

You can read some of the books you just found
Go shopping, since you can get anything for free
or gather information from those around you.
>>
>>44120526
Did we finish drawing up upgrade plans for the city?
If so.
Go help construction efforts.
>>
construction or go acquire some kind of moderately potent healing magic. we don't want to have to rely on unidentified trump cards again.
>>
>>44120556
You never actually got a chance to start working on them, between book hunting and Holly, you never found the time.

Anyway
You spend the day helping re-build the wall. Your MIGHT GOLEM STRENGTH is a godsend, allows you to get heavy carts of building materials where they need to go much faster than normal. The people are extremely grateful for you help.
You spend most of the day doing that. When the sun starts to set, you decide to stop by the apothecary. You don't want to be caught off guard again. How ever, most potion suppliers in the city have given all their supplies over to the Militia and the City Guard.

As the sun starts to set, people begin to settle down. Word reaches you that the Imperial Army will arrive in the morning, and begin evacuation of civilians via Zeplins.
Holly awakens around midnight, with no memory of the procedure she underwent. You inform her that the evacuation begins tomorrow at noon.
"Oh thank the Fylkir." she says with a sigh. "We can go North. My parents are in the Crown. We should go there, where its safe."
>>
>>44120526
Help the construction efforts
>>
>>44120935
>"That sounds good. Returning to the farm is a no-go, then?"
>>
assist construction efforts,
draw up basic star formation wall schematic(so they can at least grasp the concept)
and speak with the lord in charge.
>>
>>44120935
I would normally say "let's go see about getting some badass armor" but, being nearly indestructible, there is little point in it.
>>
>>44121013

"That sounds good. Returning to the farm is a no-go, then?" You ask. She laughs lightly.
"Not unless you might sharing the barn with some Telvish Soldiers. You may have gotten them to pull back from the city, but they are still over the Line." She sighs, and examins she new arm. "Am I still 'a cute' Gabriel?" she looks up at you with her big sad, elf eyes.
>>
Guys, it's past midnight, nobody's selling anything or rebuilding anything right now.
>>
>>44121113
>"Affirmative."
Simple, one word sentences are the way to go.
>>
agreed
but Golem must build.
it's not like we are going to get tired
>>
>>44121113
you are a cuter
>>
>>44121113
>"I didn't find you attractive just because your forearm was made of flesh. You're still a cute to me."
>>
>>44121417
>>44121392
>>44121251

you smile. "Yes. I didn't find you attractive just because your forearm was made of flesh. You're still 'a cute' to me. If anything, you are a cuter. Nothing is quite as lovely as a battle hardened female."

ROLL ME DAT CHARISMA SENPAI
>>
>>44121530
d20+1?
>>
Rolled 17 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44121530
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44121530
Pssh, easy
>>
>>44121558
yes
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44121530
>>
>>44121599
>Hollygasm inc, hold your butts
>>
File: 337.gif (133 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
337.gif
133 KB, 497x501
>>44121599
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 650x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 650x491
>>44121599
>>
>>44121599
How does this keep happening?
ARE YOU FUCKERS CHEATING?
You know what, fuck it. lets roll with it.

Holly grabs your stoney collar with her new arm. She now has MIGHTY... uh... MIGHTY MECHANICAL STRENGTH, and pulls your down to her level, and she kisses you.
Her lips are delightfully soft, and rosey. How it is she can stand the cold, stone of your Golem mouth is beyond you, but you really don't care. You enjoy this moment while it lasts.
She breaks the kiss, and looks into your eyes. "They don't make em how they use to." She jokes.
>>
>>44121787
>How it is she can stand the cold, stone of your Golem mouth is beyond you,
I've been wondering this the entire time as well. How is she attracted to some walking block of stone?
>>
>>44121787
>"They don't make them at all, actually."
>>
>>44121841
>200 AVO
>not fucking rocks
>>
>>44121841
Sometimes having a really high CHA doesn't need an explanation, lad
>>
must be a latent psyker
also favored by the dice gods.
>>
>>44121875
Thats suppose to be ABO, fuck. Sorry. My bad.

anyway
cont.
"That don't make them at all, actually." You say sarcastically. Holly smacks you.
"I suppose they don't." She runs her hands through her hair. "I don't know what to do with you, Gabriel." She says with a slight laugh. "I've known your for such a short time and yet..." She trails off. "You are a Golem. I am an elf. How would that even work?"
>>
we have already established our handiness
>>
>>44122182
It seems to be working fine to me.
>>
>>44122182
Magic.
>>
>>44122204
>>44122213
"We have more than established our handiness. And our current arrangement seems to work well." You say. She face palms.
"Thats not what I -" She sighs. "I'll make you a deal. Give me time to think, and I'll give you an answer when we get to crown city. Deal?"
>>
>>44122412
"My creators were dwarves, my deals are ironclad, err, stoneclad. Deal."
>>
>>44122458
Seconded
>>
>>44122458
"My creators were dwarves, my deals are ironclad, err, stoneclad. Deal."
She smiles. "Good."

Alright anons, for the time being your a bit out of options besides reading or talking to Holly
so, would you like to fast forward to your ride to the Capitol of the Imperium?
>>
we were built to lead not to read.
>>
>>44122624
We should draw up those documents first, and hand them over.
>>
>>44122753
This. Afterwards, let's head to the Capital.
>>
maybe talk to holly about what happened out there.
>>
File: DreadZep.jpg (127 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
DreadZep.jpg
127 KB, 800x533
>>44122665
You were built to do what ever it is you want. And so far, its been read

>>44122753
>>44122852
You finally get to work on your designs for new city walls. Your imprinted memories supply you with some of the finest in Dwarven architecture. As you spend the night drawing, Holly, who cannot sleep, keeps your company. You get to know each other better, as you realize you have so much to learn about each other.
(I think I'll write up a bio at some point for her, just continue on with this for now)

By morning, Holly is passed out. Her sleep cycle will surely be a bit messed up for the next couple of days.
When you leave your tent, you find that many people are beginning to pack up their tents and supplies. Evacuation is to begin soon.
The day goes by like clockwork. You pack up Hollys stuff to the best of your abilities. By the time you finish, sky over head is filled with the sound of Zeplin engines. You only know this because of what you over here.
Before long, the a massive shadow covers the city. You see this hanging overhead, around it are dozens of little zeppelins that are slowly descending onto the city.

Hours later, you are carrying Holly, and most of the items from her wagon, and standing is a massive crowd of people, all being herded onto the Zeppelin. The Imperial Soldiers are much more professional looking than the ones you fought along side in the Siege. They wear steel armor, thats been pained black, and bears a golden Griffon on the chest plate. They are all armed with long swords and shields. They do not question you boarding the blimp. A woman hands you a ticket when you get on the blimp, and sends you on your way. The ticket reads '97'. Your room number. You find it with little issue, its a very small room, and the doorway is to small for you to do in. So you awaken Holly and she annoyed. She enters her new room and you off load her items.

Cont.
>>
File: Imperial Armor.jpg (27 KB, 236x600) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Armor.jpg
27 KB, 236x600
The hallways in the Quarters section of the ship are far to small for you to stay in, so you return to the cargo way where you first entered the ship. The few guards there pay you no mind.
You find a nice spot by a window. The world below looks so small from up here. You can see Kelvin slowly begin to vanish, as the massive Zeppelin sails through the sky toward the Line. What ever it is about to unleash will be devastating, of that you have no doubt.

You take time to read, leaning much about the history of the Imperium and its rise to power.
It is apparently a Theocracy, with the Fylkir ruling as the head of state. In the middle of your reading, you are interupted by Holly. She shows up in her night gown with a pillow and blanket. She mumbles something about nightmares, throws her pillow on your lap, lays down and curls up next to you. You decide not to question it.
>>
>>44123846
daww
>>
>>44123846
Must protect at all costs.
>>
>>44123846
This is quickly moving away from epic golem quest and into waifu simulator.
>>
File: City.jpg (87 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
City.jpg
87 KB, 600x352
I'm burning out guys.
Once you get to The Capitol, I think I need to go to bed. I DO have work in the morning

The ride to Letherdorn, the 'Crown' of the Imerpium as you have heard it be called, takes two days. Which is much shorter than it would have been on foot. When the Zeppelin leaves a cloud you lay your eyes of it, and suddenly understand why its called the Crown.
The city is massive. Beyond massive. How such a place could be built is beyond you.
At the center of it all, is a Palace. The Palace of the Fylkir. It over shadows all other things in the city. All around the city, other Zeppelins fly, all with different symbols on them. From the book your read, there are traders, military resupply, civilian owned, and Church owned.

As the Zeppelin you are riding in drifts into dock, you are filled with a since of release. You are in Letherdorn.
Holly is safe.
Everything is okay.

Right?

>>44124086
You say that like its a bad thing
>>
things can only go well right??
oh wait we are a war machine who just pushed back a line break
we're getting pressed into service aren't we.
>>
File: is that so.png (397 KB, 466x472) Image search: [Google]
is that so.png
397 KB, 466x472
before I embrace the the sweet release of death- I mean sleep
If anyone is new here, I have a twitter where I post when the next thread is getting started.
@GabrielTheGolem
Hope to see you in the next thread fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls
>>
>>44124206
Well we just demand top of the line weapons and armor for us and Holly also demand a good teamof sexy battle maidens to back us up in a fight.
>>
>>44124242
Also you might want to put a link to the thread on your Twitter next time you run.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.