[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FNM General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 20151211_182037_308.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151211_182037_308.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
What you playing tonight?

I'm heading to Modern on a whim for the first time in like 8 months. Threw together this monowhite hatebears thing because I figured it would be reliable and easy to play for my rusty self.

How screwed am I? Medium-tier FNM with about 40 playing Modern.
>>
Draftin as usual. I'll post pool if i remember
>>
File: Gnarly.png (131 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Gnarly.png
131 KB, 223x311
>>44116398
you know if you played thalia & friends you'd be D&T

just throwing that out there.

I played 4c Landfall. only 16 people showed tonight, so we did 3 rounds. i went 1-2.

1-2 BW Control. Comboed out game 1 and lost to Archangel of Tithes, Gideon, Sorin, Secure the Wates in 2 and 3.
2-0 Megamorph-Cards-I-Own. turn4 combo kills.
1-2 Atarka Red. this is the most interactive match in the current format. i rarely have this much fun playing non-legacy formats and is one of the very few matches i actually enjoy playing on the backfoot.
>>
Op is 0-1 on the night. My offbrand version of D&T lost to the real Aether Vial version.
>>
>>44118953
oh wow there ARE thalias in there. how'd i miss that? hmph.
>>
1-1 beat G/R Tron in two games. God hand game 2.

T1 Judges Familiar
T2 Thalia
T3 Finks
T4 Hero of Bladehold
T5 Elspeth

He was still setting up but probably a turn away from getting a fatty out.
>>
File: sad-man[1].jpg (27 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
sad-man[1].jpg
27 KB, 800x533
>>44116398
>What you playing tonight?
U/B Ingest
In a local meta where people are running either Atarka Red or R/G Landfall and ruining my life with it.
The meta there has essentially devolved into a dominance of those two decks alone and it's painful. I just want to slowly drain my opponents of their resources while building a collection of lands to drop the big man Ulamog and fuck their shit up. Hopefully Kozi will deliver me from this Hell.
>>
>>44119540
>U/B Ingest

Yes! I've officially been out of Standard long enough that I don't recognize what the deck names are.
>>
File: sireofstagnation.jpg (47 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
sireofstagnation.jpg
47 KB, 265x370
>>44119809
tl;dr run blue and black things that exile from the top when they hit your opponent and have some dudes on hand that can send those exiled cards to the grave for special effects, throw in Ula to speed up their deckless demise

no one really talks about it though because nobody plays BFZ-based stuff, it's all about Khans until April '16 rolls around.
>>
1-2. Lost to some janky Aristocrats. Gotta win the last two for chance of any prize.
>>
3-2 won again against R/G Tron and decimated Jund.

Top 12 got prizes. I got 13th.

Fuuuu
>>
>>44116398
>>44118953
Here's the version I have been running:
12 Plains
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Path to Exile
4 Flickerwisp
4 Leonin Arbiter
4 Ghost Quarter
4 AEther Vial
3 Tectonic Edge
1 Eiganjo Castle
2 Horizon Canopy
3 Dryad Militant
3 Mirran Crusader
2 Kytheon, Hero of Akros
4 Vryn Wingmare
2 Dismember
2 Aven Mindcensor
1 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
SB: 3 Kataki, War's Wage
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 3 Kitchen Finks
SB: 1 Spellskite
SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 2 Wilt-Leaf Liege
SB: 2 Kor Firewalker

Main weakness is that my creatures are smaller than those run by Zoo, GW, Merfolk etc. so those matchups are really tough. The old version ran 4x Blade Splicer and 2x Restoration Angel but I cut them for Wingmares and Mindcensors to get out the most hate possible.
>>
>>44119985
Idk why. bfz is really fun and UB ingest is the tits if you can get ula out its so fucking over.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.