[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grand Kingdom Game III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: Base Map_Updated_Game_3.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base Map_Updated_Game_3.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
Game 1
>>44077312
Game 2
>>44090946

The "Hopefully 4chan wont crash" Edition

Guys I know you continued to post after 4chan launched but I had to go to bed. I saw someone offered to GM in my absence but I'm not going to count any of that.

This has been my first ever thread and really the first time I've ever posted more then once or twice in a handful of threads, though I've lurked for a very long time I have learned a lot about how I want to run the game.

So Here are the New Updated Rules:

1. Game Change: Switching each turn to a season, I think this is going to make things a lot better.

2. I will launch each season with a random event based on tables I have.

3. For you to take a valid turn you must link the new season random event and use the following format.

"Research"
"I want to research this type of technology"
(include a 1d20 roll if you wish to research)

"Build"
"I WIsh to build this random thing"
(No role required but you must have appropriate material)

"Trade"
"These are the trades I agreed upon last season"
(You can make as many as you want but they do not take effect untill you list them in your action the following turn"

"Citizen/people"
"I want to explore this/attack tha/ Build ships"
(This is how you use your population, Note exploring territory does not make it yours untill you sieve it with troops.)

Open Nations [2] [11]

Held for the Moment [4] [6] [7] [13]

Only for the Rightful Heir [1] [3] [5] [8] [9] [10] [12]
>>
Population:
Military
2,000 infantry

Resources:
Mountain Gem Mines
Wild Horses
Bay- Fish, Narwhal
North Eastern Shore - Fish, King Crab

Trade Resources:
>Greenland
Fruit
Medicine

Technology:
Narwhal Hunting! - Brings: oil, blubber, meat and horn. Known: Narwhal Migration
Prototype Hot Air Balloons!

Buildings:
Basic Fishery
Pasturelands

>>44094731
Rolled 16 (1d20)
Research:
...What if instead of Cotton we used readily available WHALE LEATHER.

Yeah! First we need to research better Whale Leathering.

Build: Winter is coming. So we'll need food storage for the meat

Hunt: Whales!
>>
>>44108819
If this does not pick up, the next time I will be picking this up is Monday at 11am EST(eastern standard time)
>>
>>44108860
So google says whale leather is real, and congratulations, You have basic whale leather. It will require further research to build your hot air vehicles.

Okay you build root cellars in the tundra to store the whale meat.

You collect more oil, blubber and meat. Also now some leather
>>
>>44108944
Sweet.

Now to wait on the others
>>
>>44108967
How long was the site down yesterday?
>>
>>44108982
At least an hour I think
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44108967
So Were going to start with Winter While we wait.

WINTER HAS COME
Strong winds creep out of the north and strongle life from the lands,

Piracy stops for the season.

All water North of 5 on the y axis freeze solid,
The Crab and Walrus dissapear from the coast,

It Snows Heavily down to 12 on the x axis

[10, 11, 12, 13] Raging storms go for weeks, this is monsoon season.

[8] [9] What precious water there is all but disappear. The Days are scorching, the night freeze.

Roll of:
1-10: Regular Winter,
11-15: Bad winter, Trade grinds to a halt, must be reestablished In spring
16-19: Unseasonably warm, food is more plentiful
20: Severe Winter, 5% population Loss (Rounded to the nearest Hundred)
>>
>>44109274
Fuck I ment snows down to 12 on the y axis
>>
>>44109274
Population:
Military
2,000 infantry

Resources:
Mountain Gem Mines
Wild Horses
Bay- Fish, Narwhal
North Eastern Shore - Fish, King Crab (Gone for the Winter)
Whale: [Oil] (2x) [Blubber] (2x) [Meat] (2x) Leather (1x)

Trade Resources:
>Greenland
Fruit
Medicine

Technology:
Narwhal Hunting! - Brings: oil, blubber, meat and horn. Known: Narwhal Migration
Prototype Hot Air Balloons!
Whale Leather

Buildings:
Basic Fishery
Pasturelands
Root Cellar

Posting stats
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44109359
Research: What a better time to research hot air balloons more properly than when it is freezing cold

Build:
Root Cellar Expansion: Ice House - This is the perfect time. We can store blocks of ice in our root cellars throughout the year giving our food even more preservation ability!

Hunt: Time to drill some holes to go ice fishing during the winter.
>>
>>44109439
Damn, your people turn out to be a hardy winter folk! Possibly related to those of Northern Soul,

Even with a negative from the weather you roll so well I will say you make improvements to your balloons, not so much in piloting them for the weather is to severe, You improve their design as well as make them moderately weather proof. You Now have a good Design!

Yes good idea for your building, though your nation is moderatly cold all year round, you along with 1 and the north shore of 3 suffer from "late spring" where you still have snow in spring, at least partially.

You continue to bring in food , Hmm I love how you put your leather and blubber etc. at an amount of 1, it made me come up with a whole resource system to make this a mutch more formal game, like you produce a single unit of each thing for each source you have then then consume them. hmmmmmm
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44109274
We the Baroxy Commonwealth welcome the winter as the cycle of death in every year. We will research medicine as the plagues have ravaged our populace. To help ease the drought issue we will build channels down fron the mountain lakes to fuel our farms and thirst needs. Lastly we will launch probing attacks into Ground to test their defenses.
>>
>>44109689
Hmm, your people learn thinks like basic triage, which will help "some" in the battlefield, as with that roll you learn a basic form of it, You can dig the trenches this turn but you'll have to study that a bit more to get full use of.

Who are you attacking?
>>
>>44109788
Geomund it just autocorrecteed.
>>
>>44109689
>>44109788

Oops this is your gm speaking
>>
Hey GM. Ill be on shortly, Ill update my stats and actions for this turn. Looking forward to it
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44109819

This is a roll to determine there defense,

1-15, No men are lost
16-19, Geomund Loses some troupes, so do you
20, Your poor attacks loose you 400 men,

You learn near your old iron mines they have constructed a fort, this gives them a +3 deffense in battles, the land in the south is controlled by hostile nomads, you can not attack them on that front without dealing with them, unless you wish to fight two enemies at once.
>>
>>44109274
Taking Stock:

I have-
>Walled Cities
>A reliable Coastguard
>Goldmine producing 175lbs a month
>5 Songbirds (2 males, 3 females)
>4 barrels of Fruit Wine
>A reliable source of Mead presumably since Ive mead halls
>5 dozen Ivory tusks
>Reliable food supply
>Skilled Architects
>Ivory Workers
>A reliable source of wood
>An Iron mine
>A standing militia
>A fortress near my southern border
> A cadre of cartographers
>75lbs of unworked Silver
>Hunters
>Medicine
>A supply of glittering pearls
>100 Jars of Yumatsu Fire
>1.95 Tons of Tusker Meat stored
>A Navy in development

I am owed: 1 Shipment by Albatross
I am allied with Greenland, Zucaea and Lenqus and at war with no one

I remain open for allegiances, though spaces are filling fast, and am still seeking technology/knowledge, and horses. I can trade in ivory, which is a useful decorating material and it makes good arrowheads, mead, iron and gold or even exchange the service of architects or cartographers for aid.

My settlements are as follows:
Capital (Herrenshfestning): (1, 18) Holds 7,000 people as well as the Hall and the Embassy
Gold Mining City (Gullfjellet): (1, 17) Near the capital so not as big but still holds 3.5k
Trade Port (Buklander): (2, 13) 3.5k permanent but the population swells and falls with trade.
Misc. City (Stormidtveis): (8, 1) Holds 3.5k and acts as a local trade hub
Iron Mining City (Svarthoyde): (6, 5) Holds about 2k, a stereotypical mining city
Beyond that, the remaining 3.5k are in scattered villages.

Total Population: 23,000

Build: Highways connecting my cities
Research: Ballistae (Roll attached)
Action: Scout the land route to the coast nearest Yumatsu
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44110075
The roll, as promised
>>
>>44109916
Seems intresting all plots claimed, already?
>>
>>44108819
I have unlimited:
>Wood
>Fish
>Octopus
>Coral
>Pearls
>Fruit
>Tamed songbirds and messenger pigeons
>Clockwork
>Amazing ships
I have built or found:
>Ancient city
>Walled cities
>University
>Powerful clockwork crossbows
>Clockwork tanks
I've traded for:
>Tons of iron
>28~ tusks
>3400~ gold coins
>Tamed small monkeys
>Gunpowder
>Tin
>Bronze goods
>Silver
>Penguins
>Coats
>Cannons
>Medicine
>Amazing crossbow bolts
>Greek fire
>Oil
I want GM to tell me how these are going:
>
I want to trade for:
>Compasses
>Medicine
>Flying contraptions
I want to advance or retry:
>
I am allied with:
>Northern Soul
>Zucaea
I am at war with:
>Cannibals
Population:
>12000~
Ships:
Here are my towns and cities:
Capitol : 23,15 Contains royal palace, University, walls
Port Towns : 20,13, 20,18, 25,14
Mining Town : 21,15
Ancient City : 22,13
The University teaches boat building, clockmaking, and the taming of birds and monkeys.
Research:
>Making clockwork enhanced boats
Action:
>Defend my position on cannibal's Northern Island
Build:
>Clockwork tanks
>>
>>44109439
Venicia, my neighbour to the south. Might I interest you in an allegiance? I am sure we could both benefit greatly and there is some that say our people are kin of old. We should be allies.

>>44110187
11 and 2, as well as some islands, remain unclaimed
>>
>>44110226
Ah, Greenland, my oldest ally. Would you care for some aid in fortifying your position? I can send a cadre of architects double quick, if you wish them
>>
>>44110075
>Build: Highways connecting my cities
>Research: Ballistae (Roll attached)
>Action: Scout the land route to the coast nearest Yumatsu

Okay, to construct the road requires you to dig through 10 feet of snow, you start the highway but will take till the end of spring,

>>44110154
>>Rolled 4 (1d20)

Hmm, your people struggle to get the hang of siege equipment.

Okay, an initial scouting, you bump into explorers from Lenqus, who are actually led by your cartographers, You learn there are coral reefs with 100s of species of fish, as well as several species of sea snail who can be turned into pigment and dye, purple, red and blue

>>44110154
Nope, 11 is open and im thinking for people whod like to play hard mode but plots are taken can become my npc factions,
Currently:

Pirates
Hostile desert nomads
cannibal islanders( currently being held temporarily)
and Arctic Eskimos/vikings
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44110226
Roll.
>>
>>44110268
Excellent. Can I claim a corridor to that reef now, or do I need to wait until next season? I seem to recall in the last thread military movements were held seperately but I dont want to presume
>>
>>44110262
If your expert architects could build walls while under attack, you would truly be masters of your craft.
>>
>>44110226
>>clockwork enhanced boats
Action:
>>Defend my position on cannibal's Northern Island
Build:
>>Clockwork tanks

Okay I will say you can have 5 of your prototype tank, but you'll need to research them to make them better in combat, and improve mechanical crossbow mount,

You entrench your holding On North Pearl Island

>>44110336
Hmm, your leading scholars believe that clockwork boats will be the future, but as of yet can not crack the enigma

>>44110343
Last time they were but this time they are now part of your citizen move,

>>44110343
>>44110226
>>44109359

Did I explain the rules okay??
>>
>>44110401
Are you still accepting new players?
>>
>>44110401
I think I've got a grip on it all, aye. I'll try to keep to them but apologies in advance if I make some mistakes. Looking forward to next season.

>>44110375
Ah, the battle yet rages. Hmm. How much weight can your clockwork mechanisms move? I may have an idea...
>>
>>44108819
Oh shit, we're back!
>>
>>44110440
See >>44110268
>>
>>44110187
>>44110440
Please see my answer to you here

>>44110268
>>
>>44110459
Greetings, comrade. Good to see you back. I trust all is well?

I might be a bit sporadic for a while lads. Need to feed the dogs and such
>>
>>44110455
My metal monsters can move with the power of many men! They are quite slow, though, and do require a powerful man to turn the keys.
>>
>>44110505
Well then, perhaps if you built some dedicated just to moving, say next season, I could have my architects build some smaller fortifications which you could then wheel into place? Gods willing, of course.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44110487
Of course, my friend.

>>44109274
Okay, so this season

I want to research ways to use our wheat

I want to start building a wall on our East border

I want to send people to start settling the southern coast of [2] so we can harvest its resources in the coming year
>>
>>44110549
Sounds magical. It is a deal!
>>
2 MB, 1797x1608
>>44110459
Okay heres a new map because in photoshop I accidently doubled your fort layer without noticing

>>44110455
>>44110505
Hmm the near constant winding and current difficulty mean they can only carry two men, their armor and weapons and ammo for the crossbow
>>
>>44110268
On my phone only looked for ones linked to my post.
Sure I'm up for using 11. At work, so bit of a delay. But getting out soon.
>>
>>44110573
Ah, a pity then. Perhaps in the future comrade.
>>
>>44110557
Okay, your people learn to make all sorts of breads and cakes

That is a massive building process, it will require Large slabs of stone, if you can acquire the material it will take two seasons to build, this can count as one of them.

Okay in spring Ill post an updated map.
As well as give >>44110598
a nation
>>
>>44110701
OP, does the map conform to the norms? Is left east or west?

>>44110557
I hear you will need a lot of stone for this building project of yours, comrade. If you are willing to, say, leave us a corridor to the south coast, I could have stone and architects sent to aid your project.
>>
>>44110701
Excellent. We shall be the greatest culinary force in the world. As for the wall, I don't think there's a way for me to get that stone as of now. Could I erect a temporary wall out of wood for the time being until I could acquire stone?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

SPRING IS UPON US

Okay, Everything below 5 on the y axis thaws, the crazy monsoons are here, and gentle warm life bringing rains fall on the whole map,

The Event roll will be revealed AFTER your actions are taken, it is a secret roll!!
>>
2 MB, 1797x1608
>>44110769
Forgot the map like a fucktard
>>
>>44110756
>>44110766
Ah, my Northern brothers, you would be so willing? Then we would happily oblige. We will leave a thoroughfare at the southernmost point of the wall.
>>
>>44110796
I would happily offer such, if you would be so gracious as to leave a corridor to the south open. Say, if you could not settle 1,10?
>>
>>44110824
I only ask as it will take us time to claim the remainder of the hills first but the trade route would be of great value. Im sure you understand.
>>
>>44108819
On shit, I'm at work! Keep my people alive and well until I finish. Good job OP
>>
>>44110796
Wair you said east, so you ment a wall between you and 4 correct?

>>44110756
Yes,

>>44110756
>>44110766
Also dont forget to confirm your trade in your action, its away to help me keep track of all the moving parts,
Yes
>>
>>44110769
Further advance my clockwork tanks is my research.
BUILD WALL is my build.
Advance on the savages is my action.
I made a deal with Northern Soul in winter for him to send architects to help with the WALL. He didn't ask for anything in return, but I'll send his architects home on a new ship, with the savages pearls and skulls.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44110824
Ah, that's what you mean. I understand. If you wish to settle the westernmost coast, then feel free.

>>44110769
This season, we research how to use the coral and various other things we procure from our new coastline.

We continue construction on the wall

I have traded with Northern Soul for stone to construct it

And I train more archers, now with access to crossbows. I intend to eliminate the pirates for good this summer
>>
>>44110861
As soon as the trade is confirmed or denied, I will make my action
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44110878
Here's the roll.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44110900
Then we have a compact. I will have the stone shipped immediately.

>>44110878
Your generosity is appreciated good sir. Thank you.

And now for my turn:
Research: Ballistae (roll attached)
Build: A fortress at 2,19 (Assuming road building doesn't take this up)
Action: I want to claim the remaining hills to my west.
Trades:
I have an agreement with Lenqus for access to the sea at 10,1
I am receiving Skulls and Pearls from Greenland
I am owed a shipment from Albatross.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

The Battle of North Pearl island continues
(also roll for your research)

On a roll of 1 You take the island and massacre the enemy force using your new prototype tanks
On a roll of 2-12 The Island is seized, using basic skrimish tactics, your crossbows mow them down, half the enemy force escapes on canoe
13-18 The Battle is a stalemate, as the superior numbers of the islanders hold you off,

19-20 The Pearl Islanders Push you back to the coast and eat your dead, you lose 200 soldiers and 2 tanks
>>
>>44111051
Well thats a grim turn of events.
Perhaps blockading them is a wiser option comrade? You would risk less and you could develop your forces until you are sure of annihilating them. And if I can develop a navy, I will assist you further.
>>
>>44111051
>>44111016
That is terrible luck however you erect Solid fortifications on the beaches, and your remaining 3 tanks are now completely battle ready, they are simple in form, yet fearsome.
>>
>>44111051
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCKING CANNIBAL SAVAGES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44111125
A sad day. We will hold a day of remembrance in their honour.
>>
>>44111179
Drink to the dead's honor with cups made from cannibal skulls.
>>
Are there any spots available?
Also what technology/magic level is this?
>>
>>44111204
We shall offer libations in their honour and mourn as we know how. I shall assemble our finest story tellers, that they may learn the tale and speak of it ever after. But the story is not yet finished comrade. We must give it a good ending. Be wise, for the pen is in your hands.
>>
>>44111216
At this point GM would probably let you take 7 if you wanted, that guy was only here for like an hour two days ago before he dropped off
>>
>>44111216
No magic, low tech starting. Some of us have developed advanced tech though.
>>
File: Base Map_Game_3_Updated.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base Map_Game_3_Updated.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
>>44110900
Your wall is complete!
>>Rolled 19 (1d20)
You learn to make jewelry from the coral, discover turtles, and know that the species of snails can be crushed to make dyes of purple, red and blue.

Your archer corp swells by 1000 soldiers
You now have a military of
6000 infantry (one of the largest)
1500 archers
30 ships (with their own crews)

>>44111025
Hmm no, your continued faliure at siege engines eat up a good portion of your traded for lumber

What does albatross owe you?

Congradulations you now have a mighty source of iron!

Taking that land reveals More walrus breeding ground, as well as you discover Coal, burried deep under peat and tar fields
>>
>>44111216
Okay Open are
[7] [11] [13](what do you think guys, yes to 13?

If you want a hard mode you can play as,
NPC factions
Cannibal savages
Pirates,
Arctic Eskimos
Hostile Desert Nomads
>>
>>44111306
I'll take 7
Am I starting fresh or with the previous players stats?
>>
>>44111306
Yumatsu was playing yesterday, he probably just hasn't seen the new thread. Give him a shot.
Also, can I tame the penguins I have?
>>
>>44111278
Luckily I have no other need for lumber as yet. And Albatross owes me a shipment of goods from [11] as per our agreement.
So did the roads take up my build action for this turn? Or is there some other reason the fort was not constructed?
>>
>>44111125
Did you see this?
>>44111108

>>44111332
Youll start fresh, roll a d10 for me please, also you'll need a name and a tripcode I forgot to put that in the rules

Ill post your stats in summer

>>44111338
Um, no though they can be temp as tame pets and in zoos, they are undomesticated

>>44111340
I said your roads would take till the end of spring,
my bad ment to mention that

GUYS the random event was for rampant springtime piracy but I rolled a 1, so there was almost no piracy as they suffered a severe winter and a more severe syphilis outbreak
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>44111411
There you go
>>
>>44111411
Also you mean 19, 2, x axis THEN axis. 2,19 is in ALbatross
>>
>>44110769
We the Baroxy Commonwealth shall start to research the best way to use our new canal system. We will also build a new mine to plunder the jewels of the earth. Finally the Claws shall once again try to kill those pesky tribals.
>>
>>44111411
Oh, fair enough. Sorry about that.

Even nature is on our side in the battle against the pirates it would seem
>>
>>44111444
Oop. Sorry.

>>44111437
Bro, throw a number on yer name too. And ask about your tech. You should get 1 form of tech at a good level unless yer porting in with the previous players stats
>>
>>44111411
My new battle ready tanks will destroy the savages! Also, can I try my hand at the octopus again?
>>
>>44111340
Oh you have whatever he was sending you

>>44111437
HOLY SHIT SO MANY PEOPLE GOT 9

lol great, pick one typr of technology, something like Chinese silk, Greenland took clockwork for example, someone else to the knowledge of mixing oil they had as a resource into greek fire, nothing to crazy though. Your nation is coming
>>
>>44111488
I like your new name, Oddshocks. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>44111488
Oh. Cool. Posting my stats to keep track

Taking Stock:

I have-
>Walled Cities
>A reliable Coastguard
>4 barrels of Fruit Wine
>5 dozen Ivory tusks
>Reliable food supply
>Skilled Architects
>Ivory Workers
>An Iron mine
>A standing militia
>Hunters
>Medicine
>A Navy in development

I am owed: 1 Shipment by Albatross

I remain open for allegiances, though spaces are filling fast, and am still seeking technology/knowledge, and horses. I can trade in ivory, which is a useful decorating material and it makes good arrowheads, mead, iron and gold or even exchange the service of architects or cartographers for aid.

Capital (Herrenshfestning): (1, 18) Holds 7,000 people as well as the Hall and the Embassy
Gold Mining City (Gullfjellet): (1, 17) Near the capital so not as big but still holds 3.5k
Trade Port (Buklander): (2, 13) 3.5k permanent but the population swells and falls with trade.
Iron Mining City (Svarthoyde): (6, 5) Holds about 2k, a stereotypical mining city

Id also like to take this chance to ask my allies if they would send some delegates. It would behoove us to have a place where we can easily communicate, would ye not agree?
>>
>>44111488
Guess I'll take Advanced metallurgy and metalworking if I can combine those, if not just start me of with metallurgy.
>>
>>44111539
Forgot something, sorry.

>A supply of tobacco
>>
>>44111539
Well once I get a nation, I'll be happy to see about a potential for trade and allies.
>>
>>44111539
Between us, the university at Paldor should serve that purpose well enough, should it not? It is roughly central between our capitals.
>>
>>44111677
I suppose that is a fair point. You are my nearest ally after all.

However, sending messages to Zucaea and Greenland takes quite a while and I should like to be able to breed my birds rather than just using them for message carriers.

>>44111660
I would be glad to trade with you, my good sir. As for an allegiance, I have yet to hear back from one person to whom I offered. Once I have a response, we can discuss it then perhaps?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

SUMMER IS FUCKING UPON YOU
on a roll of 1-10 Piracy returns to normal, I will roll checks for peoples trades after you take your turn
10-16 Normal summer, no effect,
17-20 Unseasonably Hot , Everything below y axis 12 suffers drought loses 5 percent population

>>44111437
MALS
A land of heavy rainforrest and rivers
Population:

Military
2,500 Infantry with basic bows and arrows, spears and Wicker armor

Resources:
Your trees grow 200 feet tall
You have tobacco, Exotic fruit like pineapple and banana,
Growing in your jungles are also many types of tasty spices
Living in the Forest are Gorilla
The open grazelands between the forest has sheep

Technology:
TO be decided

Buildings:
Pick an x,y coordinate for your capitol and 2 cities
>>
2 MB, 1797x1608
>>44111660
Oh I forgot you!! What nation did you claim?? 7 right
>>
>>44111411
Did I miss my post?on a phone
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44111736
Your architects will come home with a new ship, pearls and skulls, and a few of my delegates.
>>44111750
I'll study clockwork enhanced ships, build more forts on the savage islands, including the other ones, where I should be met with little resistance, as those ones are friendly, and reclaim the stolen land on the northern island.
>>
>>44111847
See >>44111806
>>
>>44111750

Capital 31/14
City1 34/13
City2 32/11

So am i getting metallurgy?
>>
>>44111851
Excellent. Yet more pearls, I am honoured. Not sure what to do with the skulls as yet. There is perhaps a bit much for drinking cups, and few of them were slain by our arms anyway so we could not claim them for such. Perhaps when the war is over a monument can be made. We shall see.
>>
>>44111750
We the Baroxy Commonwealth shall start to research the best way to use our new canal system. We will also build a new mine to plunder the jewels of the earth. Finally the Claws shall once again try to kill those pesky tribals
>>
>>44111528
Thanks, thought it'd help since I'm going to be doing this weekly, Mondays I'm thinking

Population:
Military
2,000 Infantry armed with basic iron swords, spears, bow and arrow and crude iron breastplates

Resources:
In the South you have an iron mine, not the richest in the world but enough to supply your own needs, in the east is a mountain containing untapped Marble and Limestone

Your fertile Central planes are home to herds of deer, you have a northern forrest that contains plentiful wood, and is home to boar and truffles

Technology:
roll a d10
>>
>>44111806
Had, 11. But 7 is fine with me too.
>>
>>44111750
Taking Stock:

I have-
>Walled Cities
>A reliable Coastguard
>4 barrels of Fruit Wine
>5 dozen Ivory tusks
>Reliable food supply
>Skilled Architects
>Ivory Workers
>An Iron mine
>A standing militia
>Hunters
>Medicine
>A Navy in development
>1 Shipment of Tobacco

Build: A fortress at 19, 2
Research: Ballistae (roll attached) (do these rolls aggregate or do I need a ''breakthrough'')
Action: Establish mines to exploit the further iron and coal deposits. They can be serviced by Svarthoyde.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44108819

Ruler is King Kalag
>>
>>44111936
7s mine though lol.
>>
>>44111964

Didn't see the new map, sorry about that.
>>
>>44111972
Saw your name over 11. Is why I said so
I would like 11 and you take 7?
>>
>>44111995
Oh he gave me 11... My bad then
>>
>>44111874
No! I ment to tell you, you have no metal. What else would you like thats possible within what I gave you? Thinking creativly wont hurt

>>44111874
I Gave you 11, down in the bottom left, sergas called 7
>>
>>44112023
Other way around. But cool.
>>
>>44112023

Mind if i claim the dwindling remnants of 2, then?
>>
>>44111928
So one thread a week is it to be?
>>
2 MB, 1797x1608
>>44111851
Yes You Finally have basic clockwork propulsion, you have the fastest ships in the seas, You can hav forts WHere you control, he made it clear he was spreading cannibalism and war ness among the other islands I'll posy the battle shortly, my comp is about to update

>>44111893
Okay, you now have gems! roll for your water and when my comp updates I'll post your battle
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44111952
Forgot to attach my roll, sorry
>>
>>44111936
>>44111964
>>44111972
FUCK I mixed you guys up, you can decide if you want to trade. My bad guys im a fool
>>
>>44112126
>>44111995
Yes please trade I'm having a really hard time thinking of a technology without having metal lol.
>>
>>44112126

I'll be wherever's useful and convenient, not desperate for anywhere particular. Just typed 11 as it was free in the initial post, but I missed a few map updates and i think at least one other claim, too.
>>
>>44112142
Same here. Since I wanted 11. I thought we had to explore the land and find mines..prospecting and what not.
But sure I'll trade.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44111750
Sorry, I was gone for a bit

My turn

I wish to research more edible plants, all we have now is wheat

I wish to build more ships

And I wish to set my army upon the weakened pirates, who have withered while we have grown strong! Let our arrows pierce the densest evil!
>>
>>44112184
Have a look at >>44111306
The remainder of 2 is not much. I think me and Lenqus have all of its good stuff anyway, or most.
>>
>>44112217
Yup, 2's looking pretty partitioned by now. I don't think there's anywhere really free, then; outside of a few islands near Sargeras / Hills and Wood.
>>
>>44112306
The pirates are getting fucked. You could take the Desert Nomads or Eskimos could be good
>>
>>44112189
Thanks.
I thought about taking writing and making paper out of wood for start technology? And establish trade and education, but IDK that's so not my style.

>>44111750

Capital 31/14
City1 34/13
City2 32/11

"Research"
Boar taming for finding truffle

"Build"
establish farms in the central plain

"Trade"
Well got nothing to trade right now

"Citizen/people"
Establish and organize actual military.
>>
>>44112320

I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait and see if anywhere frees up for a while.
>>
>>44112466
Fair enough. If its going weekly you might have to wait a while though
>>
Taking Stock:

I have-
>Walled Cities
>A reliable Coastguard
>4 barrels of Fruit Wine
>5 dozen Ivory tusks
>Reliable food supply
>Skilled Architects
>Ivory Workers
>An Iron mine
>A standing militia
>Hunters
>Medicine
>A Navy in development

>>
File: Base_Map_Fresh and shiny.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base_Map_Fresh and shiny.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
Rolled 18, 7 = 25 (2d20)

OKAY sorry, my computer had to force is swollen throbbing updates on me, I'd been pushing off its advances for so long.

THE BATTLE OF NORTH PEARL ISLAND 3
THE BATTLE AGAINST THE NOMADS 3

Roll 1 will be for The Islands Roll 2 will be for the Nomads,

BUT FIRST A WORD FROM YOUR SPONSOR
Since everyone will see the battle I wanted to take this time to ask, would you guys be interested in a "Grand Kingdom General" Thread? to discuss your feels, make the game better, plan times and allow people who want to get in reserve their spots? Just a thought

Okay Battle 1,
By the way greenland your crit fail last time means you lost 300 troops
With "tanks" fortifications and clockwork crossbows you push forward
Roll of:
1-3 You sieze the whole island and slaughter this islands army
4-14 You sieze half the Island and destroy half the enemy force
15-19 Stalemate
20-You are thrown off the island and into the sea

Battle 2
1-5 You destroy the nomads and uncover their secret resource!
5-15 You use your superior iron weapons and armor and push the Nomads to the farthest south reaches of the map, dealing them a mighty blow and freeing you to attack geomund
16-18 Stalemate
19-20 The Nomads use their knowledge if the desert to vex you again, loos 500 more troops

I will quickly try and answer peoples turns
>>
>>44112534
Oh yeah, I feel it bears mentioning;

Fortifications:
>1 Fortress (with Stone Walls, Round Towers and 5 Cannons)
>1 Capitol (With Stone Walls, Round Towers and 5 Cannons)
>1 City (With Stone Walls and Cannons)
2 Mining Cities (With Stone Walls and Cannons)
>1 Trading Port (With Stone Walls and Cannons)
>Numerous Small Villages (with Stone Walls)
Military:
>2,300 Militia,
>Coastguard Patrols
>>
>>44112599
General sounds like a good idea maybe on now and then. We could arrange trades in the mean time too then, though they'd obviously need to be ratified once we start back in
>>
>>44112599
Damn! What now? General could be cool, as long as we aren't too faggoty.
>>
>>44111806
Capital 26,8
24, 3
And 27, 10
How do I pick tech
>>
>>44111952
>>44112120
Hmm, I will say after so many tries, you have basic catapult tech,

Fortress is Built, and mines are established

>>44112184
The eskimo Vikings May be good for you, that or pirates who are about to be attacked

>>44112192
YOU ARE A MASTER FARMER, you hav completely learned your lands secrets, where once only buffalo and cattle roamed you now have Wheat, Cotton, and newly Corn, Pumpkins and most valuably, GRAPES

You have doubled your Navy to 60

Ill post your battle in a moment

>>44112397
Make a role for boar taming, You build farms with no issue
You have the military I posted for 7 already above
>>
>>44112907
Thanks be to fuck for that. Alright, roll on the Fall
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44112599
Here's that water if this doesn't work would you mind rolling for me
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44112907
>>44112397
>>
>>44112907
Praise be to the God of the Lake! Our harvest festival this year shall be most glorious, envy of nations everywhere.
>>
>>44112907

Hmm, Eskimo-Vikings could be fun; is there a rundown of them?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44112821
Okay, Ill just give you what everyone else has since itd be weird to do it different now, yuo rolled a 7 nut ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE rolled 9.

Based On What You have what is an area of technology you'd like your people to know?

Some examples based on other people are
Clockwork
Narwhal Hunting and Processing
Metallurgical Knowledge
Making Greek Fire by mixing their natural whale and exotic tree oil

THE LATE SUMMER BATTLE AGAINST THE PIRATES
with a strong navy, cannons, and Holy archers wielding armor piercing arrowheads,

on a roll of 1 You Destroy the pirate scum and follow them to their capitol city, razing it to the ground
on a 2-12 You rid your coast of the pirates, finally allowing you to make full use of your hidden coves and discovering a new resource
13-16 Stalemate You lose 5 ships
17-19 You lose 20 Ships as the pirate lords deal you a savage blow
20 - Your folly brought you ruin, you lose 40 ships and the pirates claim a fortress of their own!
>>
>>44113191
A resounding victory, comrade! Congratulations!
>>
>>44113191
I'll send some crossbows to whoever will burn down the pirate's city.
>>
>>44113226
>>44113226
Which city would this be, pray tell? Have you a grid reference? I believe my stocks of Yumatsu Fire could be of use...
>>
>>44113262
I don't know where it is, you'll have to find it. I'll send you some crossbows if you promise to kill the pirates, though. It'll have to be your next action.
>>
>>44113057
You Have succeeded at capturing boar and breeding domesticated pigs from them, however with that roll it was not enough to also get the truffles thistime around

>>44113153
Here ya go

Resources, your population is 6000, however every male is a warrior, so your military is 3000

You live on the island in the upper right/ North East of the map

Your resources are, A very prosperous iron mine, and through a processes lost to other nations have top tear iron swords, but only hide armor taken from the caribou that roam your island

You also have seals that live there year round for meat and blubber

You also possess long ships.
>>
>>44113303
Hmmm. I lack a navy to eliminate them yet but I will gladly scout for them with my turn and eliminate them as soon as I am able
>>
>>44113191
Wonderful. What is this new resource?
>>
File: Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_3.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_3.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
Rolled 20 (1d20)

THE FALL HAS COME
On a Rol of:
1- PLAGUE OUTBREAK
2-8 BOUNTIFUL HARVESTS, Double crop Output
9-PLAGUE OUTBREAK
10-16-No event
17-20, Pirates launch an attack at Lenqus
>>
>>44113313

Jarl Kalag of the Stalagians looks to the sea. Wild, brutal, bountiful. He imagines the beasts that lurk within filling the bellies of his warriors, and the lands over them filling their arms with plunder and their beds with wives. He sends 100 of his warriors south on longboats, in search of new lands, new seas, and new opportunity.
>>
>>44113445
Oh they best be ready to get smote
>>
>>44113388
OH! Its hidden Pirate Treasure! Have one free tech upgrade
>>
>>44113488
Hopefully those pirates had a new, stronger metal that we can use
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>44113445
My allies, I am sorry to hear this.

Research: I wish to see what I can use coal for. I know it burns but what value has it. Can I combine it with iron in some way (roll attached)
Building: I begin to construct a naval force, aiming for 100 ships, equipped with my finest ballistae and guarded by my infantry.
Action: I want to deploy some vessels in search of these pirates, see if I can locate their base.
>>
File: PIRATEATTACK.jpg (175 KB, 402x325) Image search: [Google]
PIRATEATTACK.jpg
175 KB, 402x325
Because I rolled a 20 and ment to make that its own this pic related is how you start this turn, you lost 100 Soldiers, 100 archers and 5 ships
>>
>>44113610
Wait they took over a city?
>>
>>44113483
Okay, Ill allow it but follow the format everyone else is using, consult the rules also for help/ask other players,

On the island directly south your explorers discover Coal.

>>44113515
Is that what you want, okay I'll tell you a secret. If you mix coal/carbon with iron you get....STEEL
>>
>>44113653
A fort, far less valuable then a city as its merely a defense bonus not a population/recourse center
>>
>>44113708
Ah, I see. Still surprising. A sneak attack I presume?
My turn seems much more pertinent now. Greenland, will you deliver those crossbows that I might smite these cunts from the face of the map as soon as possible?
>>
>>44113445
I study my tanks further, making them stronger.
I hold my position on the North Island and send a fleet to the unsuspecting South Island.
I build a fort on whatever land I have on the North Island, as well as one on the South Island if I get a foothold there.
I send crossbows to Northern Soul and Lenqus.
>>
>>44113653
My friends, we've recently discovered a method of making stronger metal using iron and coal. We have no source of coal of our own, so we'd like to set up a trade.
>>
>>44113754
Excellent. Thank you, comrade. I shall distribute them to my militia and sailors.
>>
>>44113759
We were actually in the process of researching uses for coal. If you would trade us it, I will happily supply you with coal. Thusly armed, you may retake your fort and I can work to drive the cunts from the world.
>>
>>44113544
AH Since your neighbor to the south just got steel as a bonus, and you made a decent roll, yes. Steel is now a think, also you can burn it for fuel/heat.

Okay, You had already started on ships once and been gifted a fine example of a ship from GREENLAND yes, you can have a navy of 100

Base has now been revealed

>>44113754
Roll for tank related goodness,

You promised last time so its confirmed

>>44113753
You Have crossbows

>>44113754
Ill roll a battle for the Far South Pearl Island, if you win I'll put a base there.
I'm going to rule that untill you controll at least half the North island the conditions are to hostile however I will allow you to go German WW2 Trench on the beaches of the north island making your foothold on the island almost completely secure.

Guys how are you liking the new turn format? Comments/Suggestions?
>>
>>44113445
>>44113684

The Rock that burns. The Stalagians has well-kept the secret of her swords, and her Iron. This truly is a blessing of the gods, and Jarl Kalag decrees that when the seasons turn once more, his people will seize this land to mine this treasure. but for now, winter looms ahead, and there is food to be gathered from seas and shores.

((No action outside food gathering, as the exploration counts as it, just flavour.))
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44113832
It's nice. Roll.

Also, I want steel. Anyone want to trade with me?
>>
>>44113832
Excellent. GM, can I set sail in the winter or are my shores too frozen for such? Obviously I cant take military action now but I would like to strike this miscreants as soon as possible.

They have struck at an ally and desecrated our joint construction. This will not stand.
>>
>>44113877
Goddamn it, I always have terrible rolls.
>>
>>44113877
I will trade you steel in return for clockwork mechanisms to improve my artillery. I will have need of such shortly.
>>
>>44113931
I can make your cannons fire and reload instantly with only one man. You will need to give me much steel for this.
>>
>>44113845
Okay, you can build the mines this turn
Also Role for steel research, and this will count as your fall turn
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44113893
I'll be making a fleet of ships for trade

And creating farms to to increase population and yields from exotic goods for trades.

Two actions per season right?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44113822
Excellent. I do so appreciate your generosity.

>>44113445
For my turn, I will research casting, taking molten steel into a mold to make precise parts more efficiently

To distract from the issue of pirates, we hold our harvest festival. It is a great affair, as our country is one of great bounty, and no one wants for food. We take this time to store a surplus for the winter.

As we do this, I also attempt to take back our southern fort.
>>
>>44113968
If you could improve my ballistae as well, I will send you enough steel to arm your armies and gird your tanks.

And then I will arm my own forces and wage a just war on the pirate scum. Will you agree?
>>
>>44114007
Yes.
>>
>>44113984
You get 1 build, 1 research and 1 action.

>>44114002
May you strike as the fist of a God.
>>
>>44114033
Perfect.

GM, what say you. Can I take fleet-based actions in Winter or are my shores too frigid
?
>>
>>44113445
>>44114002
>>44114007

Ah, one more thing. I am now receiving coal from Northern Soul, and wish to supply them with some of our excess food. I hope you appreciate our bread and corn, friend.
>>
>>44114064
They are greatly appreciated comrade. We will be glad of them when the months turn lean.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44113893
Because youre the nation you are, you can launch winter sailing but note, I will make you roll for it on a chart I'll post in the winter update, the seas are dangerous as where you are is ice and in the south it monsoons.

>>44113905
>>44113877
Your tank tech does not progress.

THE BATTLE OF SOUTH ISLAND
The South Island is the least converted to war and cannibalism with many innocents

On a roll of 1-5 You sieze the whole island and its special resource!!

6-15 You seize Half the island, and destroy half the army,

16-19 The Islanders fight bravely to defend their home, Stalemate you lose 50 men

20- The island trap and surround one of your tanks, lighting a fire beneath the mettle shell, one pilot attempts to flee and is cut down by arrows, the other is roasted alive.

You also lose 250 men and 1 tank.
>>
>>44114039

>>44114039
K
Build a roads between the cities and capital.
Research ways to increase our yield from crops. And exotic plants

Also looking for allies/trading partners.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44113981

Rolling for research.
>>
>>44113445

"Research"
Research advanced blacksmithing

"Build"
Stonemines in the mountains

"Trade"
If anybody wants some truffle?

"Citizen/people"
Establish blacksmith guilds in every city
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44114191

...doing it correctly with a D20 this time.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44114172
The roll will count for both?

And for action talk to the people of my kingdom see their needs.
>>
>>44114154
Hmm. My rage must not blind me. I would rather strike a decisive blow than lose forces to the ocean needlessly.

I will stay my hand till the weather improves. And I shall build my forces. Roll on Winter.
We shall smoke and otherwise store what foods we can, we will stockpile coal and such for warmth and we will do what we can.

And then we shall have blood. We shall have satisfaction.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44114205
Research roll
>>
>>44114205
>>44114248
Oh i dropped my trip
>>
>>44113984

You get one tech research roll for a technology of your choice, this is where you get to be creative

One Build action,

And one citizen action(what you do with your people)
Like send out explorers, something with your military/ put them to work

You now have 50 ships, but your farming research is a failure.

>>44114058
I thought I answered you, but I dont see it lol, yes but you'll have to roll on a table I'll post with the winter update, for your seas are frozen and in the south it monsoons

>>44114002
You now know how to create forge steel, and mass production, on a limited scale

Your stores of food will come in handy and your population experiences a boom from your earlyer research into it mixed with their happynes, add 4000 population,

I'll roll a battle hold on.
>>
>>44114331
No, you answered me I just hadnt seen the answer before I posted that one. See here >>44114229 for my response
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44114172
>>44114191
>>44114210

>>44114229
WINTER IS SOON

>>44114205
>>44114284
>>44114248
You are now bringing in limestone and marble blocks

You have succeeded and your smiths have learned the secrets of folding metal and making alloys, if only you have coal

Also great, your blacksmiths Guilds have to beat away eager apprentices with a brooms they're so successful

>>44114064
>>44114002
Attack on the pirates scum!

Using your cannon and superior infantry you first attempt to sieze your Fort, then onward to victory.

1-You destroy the pirate menace!
2-10 You Recapture your fort and throw the pirates back into the ocean along with dealing them a strong blow,and sinking many of their ships

11-15 Stalemate, Neither side gains though the besieged pirates start to starve

16-18 The Pirates deal your infantry a blow of 200 men

19-20 The pirates with looted cannons and iron weapons capture your southern port town
Roads Built
Research Failed
Message people who have things you want and make offers,

>>44114205
>>
>>44114566
Wait did Lenqus just wipe the pirates out?
>>
>>44114331
Ahh, so with my people, if the talk thing doesn't really count for much then.
Prospecting mu lands, and checking for any uncovered resources. Discovering what spices and such I will have for trade and enriching my citizens lives.
>>
>>44114566
Praise once more to the God of the Lake! Through his grace we have smote evil!
>>
>>44114566
I'm back!
Here's my moves:

Research:
> Arquebuses

Build:
> Road network to enhance movement and trade in my country

Trade:
Nothing right this second although my last one was gold for cannons and mead for powder
>>
>>44114660
We're on a bit from all that mate. But thanks for the cannons though, they guard my heartlands now. Would you like to trade another 5 at the same rates?
>>
File: Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_5.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_5.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
Rolled 1, 15 = 16 (2d20)

WINTER HAS COME

Guys last round then I need to go to bed, Next thread will be MONDAY at 11am EST I will run the game for longer then today even

Okay Everything above y5 freezes everyone below y5 and west of x 28 gets monsoons,

No rain or moisture at all for 7,8,9

On a roll of 1-10 No effect
1-15 All trade grinds to a halt
16-20 Everyone loses % percent population

WINTER SAILING CHART
2nd roll
1-5 No effect
6-10-Lose 10 ships
11-15 lose 30 Ships
16-20 Lose Half ships
>>
>>44114691
Deal.

I knew we were but it's the last thing that I recall doing aha...

I think I need to do a lot of catching up with your nations!
>>
>>44114660
OKAY will let you take this turn as a fall turn and then make a second turn so you dont feel left out, roll for the research, What are the coordinates for your cities I will update the map with a road
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44114710
We the Baroxy Commonwealth shall continue to try to figure home water works. We shall build a quary in the the mountains and again do battle with the nomads
>>
>>44114710
An easy winter to weather, yet the seas seem troubled. I am glad we did not move, we might have lost many ships.

Taking Stock:
I have-
>Walled Cities
>A reliable Coastguard
>4 barrels of Fruit Wine
>5 dozen Ivory tusks
>Reliable food supply
>Skilled Architects
>Ivory Workers
>2 Iron mines
>A standing militia
>Hunters
>Medicine
>A Coal Mine
>Steel
>Ballistae
>Crossbows
>Enhancements to my Ballistae and Cannons
>A Navy of 100 Ships

Actions:
>Research Better Weapons
>Build 10 armoured ships, to be titled Dreadnoughts, equipped with Ballistae in abundance and Yumatsu Fire Launchers
>Arm 10% more of the Population.
>>
>>44114731
You are a bit behind, aye. We will ship the gold and mead asap.

I will fit these cannons to my eastern fortress.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44114786
You have unlocked the secrets of aqueducts, running water from mountain lakes into the dry desert, I will roll a battle now, also what are you quarrying, gems still? or stone.

Battle against the Nomads,

1, Rid your lands of the nomads completely,

2-12, Destroy Eastern branch of the nomands and gain the secret resource,

13-17 Stalemate 18-20 The Strong Nomads use hidden desert paths through the hills to flank your army and kill 500 soldiers
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44114710
I have unlimited:
>Wood
>Fish
>Octopus
>Coral
>Pearls
>Fruit
>Tamed songbirds and messenger pigeons
>Clockwork
>Amazing ships
I have built or found:
>Ancient city
>Walled cities
>University
>Powerful clockwork crossbows
>Clockwork tanks
I've traded for:
>Tons of iron
>28~ tusks
>3400~ gold coins
>Tamed small monkeys
>Gunpowder
>Tin
>Bronze goods
>Silver
>Penguins
>Coats
>Cannons
>Medicine
>Amazing crossbow bolts
>Greek fire
>Oil
>Steel
I want GM to tell me how these are going:
>
I want to trade for:
>Compasses
>Medicine
>Flying contraptions
I want to advance or retry:
>
I am allied with:
>Northern Soul
>Zucaea
I am at war with:
>Cannibals
Population:
>12000~
Ships:
Here are my towns and cities:
Capitol : 23,15 Contains royal palace, University, walls
Port Towns : 20,13, 21,18, 25,14
Mining Town : 21,15
Forts : 24,12, 22,13,
Ancient City : 22,13
The University teaches boat building, clockmaking, and the taming of birds and monkeys.
Research:
>Tanks
Action:
>Take over last island
Build:
>Build forts on the cannibal islands
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44114710
For this last turn, we research rails. If we can equip them on our highways, travel time could be cut to a quarter of what it is now.

We also start work on a highway from East to West, to complement its perpendicular. The highway will run from the southern base of our east wall, across the plains, through the forest, and along the coast, ending at the bit of coast that Northern Soul controls.

Lastly, send men to settle the last bit of land that remains unclaimed between us and Northern Soul.
>>
>>44114710

Research: an advance in metallurgy; we have Iron and we have coal. If I got steel with the previous roll, I'll research steel versions of our superior swords; if not I'll just research for steel.

Build: A Harbour on the Coal Island, so our longboats may have better places to sit out winter storms.

Population: In the harshness of a northern a winter, any land where the seas and soil does not freeze seems near to paradise. Send Men south to (7, 36) to take this land free of Ice!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44114843
Oh yes, my roll.
>>
File: p6170030.jpg (120 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
p6170030.jpg
120 KB, 800x531
>>44114843
Roll for weapons, I'm excited,
Okay, You now have 10 ironclad warships, armed with Ballistae
Because you actually have the weapons on hand your infantry is now 4,600
>>
>>44114968
Trade coal for any of the following truffle/stone/leather/wood?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44114766
Rolling for musketry!

the cords are:

Captial, 21 18
westport 23 14
gwyndale 25 16
and Kars jaw 27 19

I want my people to prepare for winter by gathering firewood, coal setting aside suitable food etc.
>>
>>44115006
And now I have a military fit for some island clearing and no pirates to use it on. *Sigh* Also, should I roll again or will you use >>44114977?
>>
>>44115034
Sorry if you were excited to wage war my friend, but those pirates had been a thorn in my side for far too long.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44114710

"Research"
Research advanced architecture

"Build"
Roads between all cities

"Trade"
Whoever wants truffle/stone/deer hide leather/wood for coal

"Citizen/people"
Scout island right above me/Search for any coal sources on my land
>>
>>44115017

Wood for boats and longboats would be much welcomed, I don't think we have a good source.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44114942
Your tanks are a failure again, the clock work keeps breaking down, no advancement today

Forts Built

War with center island

Roll of 1-3 Completely Take Island

3-14 Take Half Island, Destroy 1/3 of total remaining cannibals

15-19 Stale Mate Lose 200 soldiers in bloody gighting

20, Lose 1 tank, 5 ships and 400 men trying to storm the steep hills of the second island
>>
So yeah OP I will be dropping out cause I'm just not feeling it, I surrender half my lands to the Commonwealth and half to hill and wood. I also destroy everything I have built so all they get is desert.
>>
>>44115061
It is no trouble comrade. I am sorry I was not of greater aid. I shall send a large quantity of mead, that ye may celebrate yer great victory, and a pair of Tusks carved with runes lauding your military might and detailing your victory.
>>
>>44115089
Alright I haven't built any ships yet, but I have a city on the coast so I think we can still trade, I'll let my citizens get wood next turn.
>>
>>44115085
How long do truffles hold? And I will trade for hides, if you would offer those rather than leather. Better for insulation that way.
>>
>>44113191
A land of heavy rainforrest and rivers
Population:

Military
2,500 Infantry with basic bows and arrows, spears and Wicker armor

Resources:
Your trees grow 200 feet tall
You have tobacco, Exotic fruit like pineapple and banana,
Growing in your jungles are also many types of tasty spices
Living in the Forest are Gorilla
The open grazelands between the forest has sheep

Never quite picked tech
Farmers/alchemist
for creation of chemicals and powders. I am sure my rich lands will easily produce many of the things I need.

Research:
>farming for larger yields on plants
Action:
>Gather exotic plants of all kinds and categorize all existing plant life. To see what we can create.
Build:
>Build port city 25,11
>>
How was my last search for good on my lands?
Did I find anything at all?
>>
File: Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_7.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_7.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
>>44114952
Your research in rails fails,
Highway is done
Land is yours

>>44114977
Damn, I was hoping you made that

>>44115022
Damn this is a fail, But I will give you a reroll

>>44115085
Your first try at architecture is unsuccessful,
Roads Built
Your scoute report the land North of you is rich in Polar bear, polar bear dung and the ruins of a lost culture.
>>
>>44115324
Dammit. I guess Ill have to reroll. Btw, did something happen my highways or did you just forget them on this map?
>>
>>44115179
No idea how long truffles hold, I guess thats our GMs call. But I'll trade hides for coal
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44115324
You the real MVP OP. My scholars must be sick of this stuff...
>>
>>44115324
Aw yeah, look at that. That's a fucking glorious nation right there.

Shame about the research, but it'll get done eventually.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44115227
Reseach roll
>>
>>44115350
Ill accept that trade then. We will send a shipment of coal asap
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44114710
>>44114968

Darn it, forgot to roll again. My roll.
>>
File: Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_7.jpg (2 MB, 1797x1608) Image search: [Google]
Base_Map_Fresh and shiny_7.jpg
2 MB, 1797x1608
Rolled 635, 691, 331, 527, 674 = 2858 (5d1000)

>>44115227
Roll for it, I'll tell you next time

Guys I gotta go here is an updated map also If I missed anything we will get it next time

So get in here
>>44115630

No REALLY
>>44115630

Guys I mean it
>>44115630

Rolls just to get your attention
>>
>>44115414
You Have GRAND STEEL and GRAND SWORD MAKING

You got it man, You have a place holder in future games and next time itll be updated with your stuff
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44115670
>>
>>44115775
You got it man, your spice plantations, fruit groves and herb patches are overflowing
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

Alright, OP, you said that I could take one turn.

For this season:

I want to research metalworking, to add to my knowledge which I already have of metalworking. Specifically, I want more skill in swordmaking.

I want to build another bit of highway, going up to my coast with Yumatsu.

For my action, I want to make swords with silver hilts.

I'm behind the game now, so please bear with me if I get confused.
>>
>>44116299
All rolls are d20 now
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>44116314
Thanks. I'll try to take that as an excuse to retry my awful roll.
>>
I'm looking to trade for:
>Knowledge
>Military gear
>Medicine
>Steel, if anyone has any
>Ivory
>Anything I can renew as a resource
>>
>>44116399
I'll give you steel if I can finally have some horses
>>
>>44116342
Good enough!

Okay Ill change your road way, also if you post coordinates for your cities ill map them as well

Your beautiful silver decorated swords are only out matched by the commonwealth and the ice men of the far north
>>
>>44116418
Mmmm. These horses are keeping my infrastructure competitive.

Also, are you making the steel or just buying it from somebody else, like Hill and Wood?
>>
>>44116399
Ill offer some ballistae and some wheat, which you can grow, in exchange for horses and the knowledge to expand the herd.
>>
>>44116483
I am making it, though I have no local source of coal, so I trade for it with my ally Northern Soul
>>
FUCKS IT ONE MORE,

Now it is spring, the grounds thaw, the monsoons turn into gentle warm rain, and the bodies of pirates wash up from the briny depths.

No Random event, i'm just still around and want albatross and [4] to get another turn in, fucks the sleep thats what sick time is for right?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44116585
Well then, for this last turn I'd like to try my hand at researching rails again

I'll have a fort built on the former pirate island, to keep the seas under watch

And I'll train more soldiers and archers to round out my army
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44116585
If We're going another round, Id like to

Build: More Farms using my stored wheat
Research: Improved Agriculture
Action: Train more infantry and upgrade all their weapons to steel. I want to have 20% of my population under arms.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44116585
We the mighty Baroxy Commonwealth shale begin to research this new "Oil" and find a way to use it in war. We wish to build a military academy to help foster the next generation of the Claws. We shall also continue the war of extermination against the Nomads all across our new land.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>44116585

Research: Iron and Steel are in our blood. We shall make amour of these to garb our finest warriors!

Population: Dispatch the men of the spring to take the isle of Bjornholme, to the south of Eldrsteinn.

Build: And if the isle is taken, let a harbour and trapper's camp be built at (36, 10) or (36, 8). The fur of these beasts is splendid indeed.
>>
>>44116585
This is the last round. huh? Can you give us a time for the next session of the game?

Research - Shipbuilding and sailing

Build: I build a canal system, or at least begin to build one.

Action: I send out a group of armed men to Great Pirate Island, the big island. Not to do anything, especially, just be there.
>>
>>44116812
It's in the OP of the other thread
>>
>>44116812
Monday, 11 EST.

We can trade in the general though
>>
Rolled 15, 17, 19 = 51 (3d20)

>>44116669
COngradulation, you have a limited rail system in place, currently only muscle powered carts and those pulled by bison are avalible to you, but thats the first step, This has become very steampunky

>>44116697
You currently have 7,400 soldiers, the max your population can handle.

You have developed excellet storage against the harsh winter and during the summer season can grow a hardy form of stunted weat in your rocky soil

>>44116705
Your scientists are the least helpful members of your society, you fail your research, I'll Roll for 3 battles on the same table,
Going in order, NORTH, CENTER, SOUTH

1-12 You conqueror the island 13-18 Nothing happens

19-20 You get pushed back to your fort/beach
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44116859
Guns. Must. Get. Guns.

Also build a military academy to properly drill officers. I'm establishing a proffessional military. Changes need to be made following the Goemund incident.
>>
>>44110233
You might indeed!

Truly is it not wise that those who are in fact neighbors consider themselves friends, even allies?

Pray then, shall we not cement a friendship not merely in words but also action, and the benefit of good trade?

We have little to offer in return for such a friendship beyond our supply of whale products. But you would have our undying gratitude where we to receive some information on Cartography. We seek to become explorers and tradesmen.
>>
>>44116859
I've been having terrible rolls. I give up for the day. See you on Monday.
>>
>>44116859
>Still use spears and crossbows, no guns
>On my way to a transcontinental railroad

Fuck yeah

Make sure to get some sleep after you wrap up this turn, OP
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

I've had a change of heart; I'm willing to sell some of my domesticated horses - they'll be a renewable breeding population. I'm willing to trade, especially for training.

>>44116812
>>
>>44116914
Indeed so, indeed so. I shall send a trade delegation to your lands at once, along with a number of my cartographers that they may teach your peoples.

Perhaps if you find anything of note, you will look favourably upon us?
>>
>>44116952
>that nat. 20 research roll
>and we already have the compasses made
>>
>>44116806
Congradulation, you have the first steel armor, a mixture of mail and plate,

The Island is taken easy, you lose one man to a bear mauling, the ruins are intriguing, they deserve further study.

>>44116812
Sure, canals can be dug, Ill put them in your map

Okay you discover great pirate island is now owned by lenqus

>>44116843
Yes but it wont take effect till you formalise it in round one of next game

>>44116859
Bad luck,
>>
>>44116952
Ah well, my people can train you in many things. Agriculture, archery, metalwork.

What would entice you to offer some horses to us?
>>
Population:
Military
2,000 infantry

Resources:
Mountain Gem Mines
Wild Horses
Bay- Fish, Narwhal
North Eastern Shore - Fish, King Crab (Gone for the Winter)
Whale: [Oil] (2x) [Blubber] (3x) [Meat] (3x) Leather (1x)

Trade Resources:
>Greenland
Fruit
Medicine

Technology:
Hot Air Balloons! [Design Level: Good]
Whale Leather

Buildings:
Basic Fishery
Pasturelands
Root Cellar - Ice House

Posting stats

>>44109555
>Hmm I love how you put your leather and blubber etc. at an amount of 1, it made me come up with a whole resource system to make this a mutch more formal game, like you produce a single unit of each thing for each source you have then then consume them. hmmmmmm
Thanks! Hope this helps somewhat.

I'm from the /tg/ Nation Building community. We've been doing these sort of games for years, just that recently we've also begun to host games on (4+4)chan. So we have a few experience (and plenty of unexperienced) GM's in this sort of thing.
>>
>>44116952
I will offer training in agriculture and Ballistae if you will offer a breeding stock and the knowledge to rear them
>>
>>44116909
Okay, you can go up to 15% military of your new larger population of 60,00 so you have
9000 gunless soldiers

>>44116952
Through careful spying on Greenland you have designed amazing ships, like the Galleons of old!
>>
>>44117090
Plz no ignore
>>44116735
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.