[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hand Of Fate Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: hand_of_fate_featured-770x472.jpg (56 KB, 770x472) Image search: [Google]
hand_of_fate_featured-770x472.jpg
56 KB, 770x472
Ah, welcome, to the ends of the world, traveler. I’ve been expecting you, of course. No need for introductions, your memories make for an excellent resume. Your name is Seymor Treekiller and you come to play the Game of Fate against me.

I will arrange a deck for you, each card will have an encounter for you to overcome. Or perhaps it will overcome you. I will lay the cards face down, and you will move your game-piece from card to card.

You’ll get the hang of it, don’t worry.
>>
File: Card 00.png (1 MB, 1300x600) Image search: [Google]
Card 00.png
1 MB, 1300x600
You feel satisfied, as if in coming here all of your apprehensions were dismissed. You settle eagerly and await as cards flit through the air before your eyes. You snatch glimpses at some of the words on the cards as they arrange themselves. “Lurking Arinx, Doomed Traveler, Lonely Road”. After a few minutes a neat row of them settle before you, and a small bronze pawn lands on the leftmost card.

“I have opened the way. All you must do is take the first step.”

((You may chose one Meta action and one Board action a turn, the person with the highest roll out of 10 will be the decider. Any ties are resolved by me, as I deem appropriate))

((This is also my first quest thread, so forgive me if I am slow))

[Meta] Who are you?
[Meta] Why are we playing this game?
[Meta] Attempt to leave.
[Board] Move your piece 1 Card to the Right
>>
>>44108429
>[Meta] Why are we playing this game?
>[Board] Move your piece 1 Card to the Right
>>
>>44108457
Seconded.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44108429

[Meta] Attempt to leave.
>>
>>44108526

You get up out of your seat and turn to face the flap of the tent. You take one step before you begin to feel a profound sense of disappointment.

“Surely it would be a waste to have come so far merely to leave so soon.”

You can’t help but agree with the old man, and resume your seat.

You move your piece one card to the right.

The insides of the tent fades before your eyes. You are walking along a shaded forest path. A man is sitting on a stone nearby, eating some trail rations.

Greetings traveler!

[Meta] Who are you?
[Meta] Attempt to leave, again.
[Board] Greet the traveler, ask where he is going.
[Board] Observe your surroundings
[Board] Check your inventory
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44108646
>[Meta] Who are you?
>[Board] Observe your surroundings
>>
dice+1d100

>>44108646

>>
File: Image.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>44108646
((This is the traveler speaking, He looks like pic related, this card was revealed when you moved your piece onto it))
>>
>>44108429
I am Johnny Jones a choir instructor, walking inside a mall, and notices a strange shop
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 5 = 7 (3d10)

>>44108646
>[Meta] Attempt to leave, again.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44108646
>[Meta] Who are you?
>[Board] Greet the traveler, ask where he is going.
Are write-ins permitted?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44108646
>>
>>44108668
>>[Meta] Who are you?
>>[Board] Observe your surroundings

“Who am I? Some call me the Storyteller, others make a play on words and call me the Dealer. I am the creator of the game we play and have spent a very long time perfecting it. Many have come before you to wager against me, most, have failed.”

You look about the forest. The trees are thin and tall, many are blackened and dead. The few that remain grow dark and sickly leaves. The sky is overcast, dark clouds roar overhead. You think you should find shelter soon.

You and the traveler are the only living things for as far as you can see. He is wearing a thick garb, suited to the bleak weather.
The Traveler waits goodnaturedly.

[Board] Greet the traveler, ask where he is going.
[Board] Check your inventory
[Other] Specify...

>>44108773
((Yes, they are permitted, ill have it as an option in the future))
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44109082
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44109517

This
>>
Hey guys, I'm a bit caught up right now, I realize that I should have prepared better for this.

Maybe I'll try my hand at questing again later today, and I'll have an outline for the quest and be able to get it off the ground better.

Check back at 8pm -6 UTC
>>
>>44110445
such a pity. Got a twitter for the quest?
>>
>>44110541

I do now, @QMTheDealer
>>
>>44111520
Cool. Lookin foward to it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.