[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARHAMMER TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: jim and bob.jpg.jpg (171 KB, 313x417) Image search: [Google]
jim and bob.jpg.jpg
171 KB, 313x417
We all know that in blood bowl universe, blood bowl has compeletely replaced wars.That means lots of resources and manpower that were previously dedicated to war is now free. Then i realized that i was missing a much bigger point. Old World in Blood Bowl universe has TELEVISION. True, cabalvision maybe a bit different from the normal television, what with whole thing being more magic oriented and there being a chance for accidental Daemon summoning in case of a malfunction but otherwise it fulfills all the function a TV does. So i asked myself, what about other TV shows? So far in the lore Cabalvision is solely dedicated to Blood Bowl but really, how long it would take for some smuchk to invent reality TV or cartoons or cooking shows?

>7:00 Dorak the Pillager
> A educative and interactive cartoon featuring a young Norscan Raider and his adventures. Aimed at young children, this cartoon helps young children learn numbers, colours, new words along with how to maim, murder, rape and pillage.
>8:20 Magical Girl Ruby
>An animu made by Nipponeese detailing the adventures of eight teenage girls with magical powers fighting to defend their city against dark threats like Daemons, ratmen and evil dark elf. 18+ rated. Starring Runa Weisschendorf as Bright-chan aka Ruby...
>10:00 Altdorf News
>......
>14:00-20:00 Blood Bowl Marathon
>21:00 Naggaroth's Next Star
>A talent show that features amateur singers, dancers and actors competing with each other for a chance to sign up with well-known producers. Has a death toll rivaling blood bowl matches due to resulting casualities caused by regular assassination attempts contestants make.
>22:00 That's Heresy!
>A reality tv series that follows the adventures of two witch hunters travelling from town to town, hunting heretics and mutants.
>23:00 Orkonomics with Prof.DeffChopa

What do you think elegan/tg/entlemen? What kind of TV shows would Old World TV have?
>>
>>44105868
Possible? Sure. Doesn't seem likely though. In 40k, there is only war. In Blood Bowl, there is only Blood Bowl. That would imply to me that most people spend extensive periods of time training to join teams.

There may be some shows for those whom, for whatever reason, are incapable of playing but they'd probably be Blood Bowl related...
>>
>>44105890

And the idea of warhammer equivalent of modern TV shows doesn't tickle your fancy?
>>
>>44105868
A natural documentary by a duo of imperial mages (jade and amber orders) guided by a savage orc shaman/shroom farmer in the exploration of dangerous flora, fauna and ecosystems all over the world

Stuff like interviewing a dark elf hydra trainer, commenting battles between a manticore and a gryphon, reading and testing occasional theories coming from various scholars around the world mostly trolls actually and occasionally following beastmen protests against brets for the unregulated destruction of drakwald's biome.

They obviously have Australian accents
>>
>>44105868
>boss Tony illustrates the new line of miracol choppas
>>
>>44105920
Oh it does, dont get me wrong. It just seems highly unlikely.

I could see them running frequent re-runs, analyses, dissection of tactics, a tips and tricks thing and some stuff oriented to teach kids how to train and stuff.

Probably a news show too? And maybe documentaries on other nations etc, ripping off Steve Irwin, analysing their strengths etc.

''You see this here Bloodthirster? Ahm gonna wrassle it''
>>
>>44105868
>He's a drugged up goblins shaman
>She's an eight foot tall spider
>They fight crime
>>
>>44106079

Which tv show is that?
>>
>>44106100
The best one, it sounds like
>>
>>44106100
Gob cop
>>
>>44106043
Thanks, now all I can picture is Steve Irwin making every dangerous monster in warhammer fantasy and 40k look like srubs.
I suspect a hive tyrant might pose a challenge for the level Irwin ranger
>>
>>44106043
With Nuffle, all things are possible.

>>The Vampire Diaries
>>Longest running Cabalvision series after Blood Bowl itself.
>>Literally just the diaries of a Vampire Princeling as he tells all the stories and sordid truths of his thousand year reign.

>>Rat Eye for a Dwarf Guy
>>Skaven go around redecorating Dwarven Holds to make them a bit more fancy. For varying definitions of fancy.
>>
>>44106165
You are welcome.
>>
The most popular show on BTN, the Beastmen Television Network:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0359hSerDeE
>>
>>44106165
I feel like hed probably end up making the Hive Tyrant his apprentice.

You're welcome by the way
>>
>>44106230
Good point.

>The People we Hate
>Literally just dwarves going through their Grudges, explaining why where possible and what this will mean for the targets of their grudge
>>
>The Office
>The stories of bribery, extortion, violence and mayhem that surrounds the referees of Bloodbowl.
>>
>Lifestyle of the Liche and Famous
Tomb Kings show off their cribs.
>>
>Doomflayer
>Someone strapped a camera to a Doomflayerl. Thats all you need to know
>>
>The Old Worlds Shittest Jobs
>Follows a luckless man as he takes on the worst roles in the Old World. Tune in next week as he dons a doomdivers helmet!

>Undercover Warboss
>An Orc Warlord goes undercover posing as a grot to find out what his boyz really think.

>The Inquisitor
>Follows the story of a Dwarf, Orc, Human and Elf as they travel through space exploring new worlds and hunting for heresy in the name of a God Emperor that rules them all.
>>
>Hardcore Boneage
>A Tomb King wanders around the place upstaging mortal plebs and beating up the homeless while being recorded. Coming to a town near you, bitch.
>>
>50 Shades of Guzalkay
>A weekly panel show where the Slaaneshi Lord Guzalkay offers advice to celebrity guests on how to spice up their love life.
>>
>monster chef
>ogres, halflings and exquisite cuisine
>>
>Hells Kitchen
>Lesser Demon Gor'Don Rams'Ey drags a number of contestants into a section of the warp that he rules to compete in cooking. Winner gets to cook his dinner and survive. Losers are dinner.
>>
>Game of Thrones
>A popular fantasy show that tells the tale of an alternative universe where Bloodbowl was never discovered and the world was in a state of constant war.

>Jumped the shark and was cancelled after the last season, where they literally exploded the world.

>The spinoff Age of Sigmar was a commercial failure but developed a cult following.
>>
>>44106422
The winner doesn't get to leave the warp though.
>>
>>44106441
Thats the secret clause. Winner has to compete the next day again.

This continues until eventually Gor'Don finds the ultimate chef, at which point he starts another show ''Restaurant Armageddon''
>>
>>44106230
>t
>>44106265
>>44106275
>>44106294
>>44106302
>>44106344
>>44106345
>>44106366
>>44106406
>>44106429

What about animu, cartoons and other stuff?
>>
>agents of H.E.R.E.T.I.C.U.S
>a few exceptional acolytes are fighting off the nefarious alpha legion

>Fenrisians
>The Adeptus Administratum's scripted drama chronicling the adventures of Space Marine (and supposed descendent of the Emperor), Leman Russ. Curious as to what lies to the West, Ragnar devises a plan to break the long tradition of raiding East.
>>
>>44106461
We're posting ideas brah. If you got one for an appropriate Anime or something, post it.
>>
>O'Shovah, Fire Warrior:
>takes place two-and-a-half years after O'Shovah leaves to train with Puretide. Upon his return, O'Shovah finds out that everyone in his age group has surpassed him in rank, and he's fallen behind.
>>
>Beastmans Big Blue House
>Chilldrens cartoon about the danger of Beastmen. Every week, Mr Beastman kidnaps 2 kids, takes them to his house and proceeds to horribly torture them before sacrificing them to the dark gods.
>>
The lustrian news channel is just a bunch of skinks silently archiving papers in place, frenetically following and switching on camera the various slann at the studio, and occasionally on the field, as they telepathically talk and discuss in their comatose sleeps complementing their masters doing signs language for the "differently-psychic" viewers at home

The only sounds are paper and plaques getting moved, feet on the floor and distant singing frogs
>>
>>44106469 Nothing other than what TG already thought of before this thread. Like classics of Tengen Toppa Gorken Morken or Madoka in 40k.
>>
File: 1421720845828.jpg (558 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1421720845828.jpg
558 KB, 1024x768
>>44106493
Kek
>>
>Heresy Street
>Inquisitor Elmo teaches everyone about the dangers of Heresy with his friends Witch Bird, Cookie Mutant and Oscar the Xenos-lover.
>>
Well, the /tg/ classics would have to be on these channels, so deffwotch and AGP are given. The AGP adaptation is the tau vids that Weebu's sending them royalties from, the deffwotch is WAAAAAGHvision's bestselling series about how stupid da 'umies are and how to steal all the good fights from em.
>>
>>44106461
>What about animu, cartoons and other stuff?
Disney equivalent in the setting is directed by skaven behind the facade of Altdorf nobles

Subliminal messages and questionable contents about chaos and skaven apologisms run rampant
>>
>>44106563
>Disney equivalent in the setting is directed by skaven

This post is comedy genius.
>>
>somewhere, somehow, the lord of the rings is produced exactly identical
>it is criticized because of its unrealistic depiction of races
>first and above all, the halflings
>>
>>44106591
Dwarves also hate it for the slander of implying they could be bested by mere goblins, especially with the dwarves holding a fortified location. And for the fact that Gimli worked with Legolas instead of killing him.
They would declare a grudge on the makers of it but no one knows how it came to be.
>>
>>44106500

>Lizardmen TV is literally just news, Blood Bowl, and the weather.
>Plus the odd cooking show.
>Lustrian colonists pay huge amounts of money to get the Old World signal because they're bored out of their minds.
>>
>>44105868
The idea of making a baseball themed blood bowl-esque homebrew with WH40k has been on my mind for a while.

I had the idea because of the ork slugga boyz, and now i want to make a joke ork group/tribe of baseball players, with stuff like baseball unforms, power klaws modified to work as deadly baseball gloves, and grenades painted to look like baseballs.

Another idea was making a skill that gives a chance to a slugga to send a grenade flying away by hitting it (assuming that he has the right equipment), but i need to think of a way to balance it out.
>>
>>44107200
>high elf scholar collaboration for the very disputed show "ancient aliens" in the history channel
>>
>>44107382

>"Dear watchers, after countless efforts, we've finally obtained footage of the fabled beings that came to this world from beyond the stars"
>5 seconds of a slightly pixelated and shaky video of a blue lizard spoonfeeding a fat frog wearing a bib
>Show gets cancelled and the timeslot is used for reruns of Top Chariot
>>
>>44107485
Got the pic for you
>>
File: The red.png (152 KB, 434x313) Image search: [Google]
The red.png
152 KB, 434x313
>>44107485
>>
>>44106165
>Ya see that giant over there?
>Ahm gonna stick my thump up its arse
>>
What about Chaos TV?
>>
>>44107687
There is no Schedule; Whats shown is decided by whomever controls the broadcasting equipment at that moment. They broadcast shows taped from other stations at lower quality
>>
Don't they actually mention this in bb2? Jim follows Doctor Flu on the Nurgle channel and watches werewolves eat midgets inGame of Gnomes on Hboooooooow
>>
>>44106461
Da Baddest Git
Orcs running through deadly obstacle courses and finishing with a hellacious climb up the walls of Karaz-a-Karak to plant their clan's banner atop the ramparts to find out who's da baddest git.
>>
>>44107687
Path to glory cartoon a la adventure time
>>
File: Knightmare_bombroom.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Knightmare_bombroom.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
Knightmare.

It's exactly the same.
>>
>>44107817
Karak eshis fortress
Same thing but with hoards of lowly grots running on ridiculous courses in a repurposed abandoned dwarf fortress
>>
>>44105868
Warhammer TV has an entire channel dedicated to the arts of lord Duncan in depicting historical and sci-fi miniatures
>>
Crystal Maze. Exactly the same, but the trapped contestants aren't let out ever.
>>
>>44107966
>the trapped contestants aren't let out ever.

That'd get pretty crowded.
>>
>>44107983
Nah, just send someone in to clear out the corpses every so often. It only takes a few days to die of dehydration, so it wouldn't upset the recording schedule too much.
>>
Hold Hunters.
Basically, like Storage Hunters, but instead of a bunch of terrible people bidding on abandoned storage lockers, it is a bunch of Skaven bidding warptokens to own what is behind various locked doors in Dwarven Holds.
>>
>>44107983
Tzeentch applied to fractals, perspectives and mirrors will make it work out
Or collapse the thing in a shower of flaming mutated flesh

Chaos is fickle
>>
>>44107907

Except everything is real.
>>
>>44108098
No-one dies though.

It is a kids show after all.
>>
>The All-Guardsmen Crew
>is the show about the AGP, everything is recorded without them knowing my invisible cameras and funded by Inquisitor Oak
>>
>My Life as a Teenage Ork Nob
>>
>>44105868
>Gargant XLR
Literally just Megas XLR except with Orks and Kira is an Eldar.
>>
File: all the missles.jpg (126 KB, 817x853) Image search: [Google]
all the missles.jpg
126 KB, 817x853
>>44108762
10/10 would watch.
>>
Gob Ross and the joy of painting

With blood
>>
>>44108762

What would be Glorft then? Since Glorft are literally Orks in squid form.
>>
>>44105868
> Mathias Thulmann: The Animated Series

Would go beyond the books.
>>
>Jeh-ry Sh'Ringer Show
>highly popular yet highly heretical soap show on various topics. This episode theme is "My child is a slaaneshi daemonhost"!
>>
>>44109845
The Glorft would be Chaos.
>I DID NOT TRAVEL THROUGH THE WARP TO BRING RUIN THIS PATHETIC PLANET ONLY TO BE STOPPED BY TWO FILTHY ORKS AND A SINGLE ELDAR!
>But my Lord...
>CAREFUL WHERE YOU TREAD GENERAL, OR YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF AT THE HEAD OF THE NEXT ASSAULT STRAPPED TO THE FRONT OF A RHINO!
>>
>>44109845
I'm gonna say Tau. They have sleek and fancy looking mechas, while Orks have the just as effective but more rough looking ones.
Necrons might also work given their superiority complex and desire to conquer others violently.
>>
>>44111330
>>44111319

Well wasn't Megas originally a Glorft prototype modified by future humans then further modified by Coop?

So then I guess it would be a Necron mech modified by eldar (wit warp powers installed) then looted by orkz.
>>
>>44111502
your overthinking it.

orks and an eldar fighting a chaos invasion would be best
>>
>>44107485
>>Show gets cancelled and the timeslot is used for reruns of Top Chariot
TONIGHT! James rides a horse!
>"No go the other way! Oh Cock!"
Hammond gets grumpy about a Steam tank!
>"I'm not saying I have a grudge about this, but I have a grudge about this."
And I eat a Squig!

Also
>"Some say he's the reason that none of the dark elf blood witches are virgins, and that the Great Maw finds him inedible. All we know is, he's not the Stig, but he is the Stigs Sigmarite cousin!"
>>
>>44105868
>>21:00 Naggaroth's Next Star
>a show dedicated to hot dark elf girls in scant outfits
>that one episode where Morathi shows up
I want this
>>
>>44111550
I feel like >>44111502 has the right idea. No humans involved, just Xenos. Besides, Necrons fit with the theme of Glorft being technologically advanced and Megas being a big deal because it is the only thing better than their mechs.
>>
>>44110915
Is it going to be like Batman?
>>
Battlesuit: Riptide

A Tau war animation about a young Earth Caste engineer forced to pilot the prototype XV104 (Codenamed: "Riptide") against the encroaching Imperial menace. Also features a legendary Sentinel pilot who somehow ends up in an Knight, because the Tau don't know how these things work.
>>
File: ork megas.jpg (161 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ork megas.jpg
161 KB, 800x800
>>44108762
"Dis git sicked a giant wormy squig on me, chased my palz around with his metal boyz 'nd made me zog a perfectly gud Photonic Stabilizer! I'z puttin you inna hurt-locka 'nd slamming da door, scrapman!"
>>
>Planet Wars.
> Show about rogue traders traveling around galaxy and buying planets, selling everything valuable they have.
>every show there is that rogue trader who yell YUUUUUUP like an ass
>>
>>44112281
Why isn't the head red? You know, so it will go faster?
>>
>>44112923
Blue wunz iz lucky
>>
>>44107200
> and now we deep frey our seven hearts to kick it up a notch, bam!
>>
>>44112281
The only real question is, how do we make Jamie into an Ork while keeping his cowardly personality?
>>
>>44113110
He's clearly a gretchen
>>
>Miffbustas
>The orcs Argh-Damn and Jay-Me go around disproving commonly held facts. Thanks to Orc wyrdness, they often succeed.
>>
Slime Lord of the Week, hosted by Mannfred von Carstein

12 Habits of Highly Productive Corpses, an infomercial with Settra
>>
>>44111596
I read that in his voice
>>
>>44105868
Considering I get tired of watching bloodbowl youtube videos about 10 minutes in because motherfuckers won't just roll their dice, I imagine people would want to flip over to something else eventually.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.