[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golem Quest #4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 19
File: 1449685235129.jpg (87 KB, 958x459) Image search: [Google]
1449685235129.jpg
87 KB, 958x459
Previous threads
>>43993297
>>44027999
>>44075257

And so dive once more into the mind of the mighty Golem, Gabriel.

When we last left off, OP ran out of steam of quickly called an end of the session.
wait no, I mean.
When we last left off, Gabriel had just finished a visit to the Mage College, where he paid a large fee to get his strange ruby necklace identified by a Mage, and two young (and childish) used their magics to grant Gabriel his missing senses, taste, smell, and touch. It was a surprisingly quick and easy process. These two Mage, Elizabeth and Shaldenar, or simple called Liz and Shald, also revealed to our MIGHT GOLEM the secrets behind the glow gem within his chest he class his core. It is a 'Soul Stone' made out of 'Soul Stuff' as the two called it. Meaning you are made of the magically re-forged souls of Dorfs and Gnomes.
Once you finished your business with the Mage, you returned to Holly at you small camp. She is awake now, having only gotten an hour of sleep at the most. She is sitting outside her tent, working on sharpening the old sword her brought with her. She looks up at you. "Oh, hey Gabriel." She sets the sword down. "Do uh, do you have some time to walk? Or do you have Golem things to do?" She laughs nervously.
You nod, of course. She drags you along to a more privet place.
"The other day, I... I stepped out of line. I just." She tries to find the right words. "I'm a farm girl." She says blankly. "I don't get the attention of a lot of people. Accept maybe Polk but hes a nit wit. And then you come along all... flirty. And I don't know how to react!" She throws her hands in the air. "So - So. Could we just. Just. I don't know. Get to know each other... be... friends. Before we start doing anything else."
>>
>>44092125
"Affirmative. You look in need of a new sword. Let's go get you one."
>>
>>44092125
>"Apologies if I came off too strong. I have only been activated for less than a week, so I do not yet have complete control or understanding of my emotions. I only just discovered in the past hour that I made from the recycled souls of gnomes and dwarves."
>>
>>44092317
>>44092387

"I'm sorry if I came off too strong. I have only been activated for a few days and I do not yet have complete comprehension of my emotions." Holly twiddles her thumbs. "I um, I have some interesting news."
"What it is?" She looks up at your curiously.
"My core." You point to your Soul Stone. "I discovered what it is." Holly raises and eye brow.
"Did you visit Mages?" She asks. You nod.
"It is made of the souls of Dwarves and Gnomes, reforged into this." You tap the gem."I don't fully understand it yet. But I plan on researching it." Holly gentally touches your core. This is the first time you've felt the touch of another. Its... fascinating. Her skin is so soft and warm. You like this feeling.
"Fascinating...." She whispers. The two of you make your way back to your little camp. You find that Hollys old sword is rather lack luster.
"We see a blacksmith about getting you a new sword. I could pay for it, if you wish." Holly shakes her head.
"No. I want to use that sword. I was my grandfathers you see. He used it during the Battle of Kelvin. I thought it would be fitting to use it in this battle as well. It just needs some TLC." You examine the old sword. Its made of steel and appears to be rather dull, and on the grip are dozens of little lines. "Each mark is a kill." She chuckles. "He ran out of room. He always said he killed at least 90 before he lost his arm. Then he killed another 90 afterwards." She takes the sword and starts sharpening it again. "I hope I can live up to his name." Holly looks at her reflection in the shining steel.
Alright guys
The sun is starting to set, is there anything else you want to do before tomorrow comes?

You can visit the Limb Replacement Clinic, as they might have a few modifications you could use
Visit any store you wish to go to, as Kelvin has almost everything
Or prepare for the battle.
>>
>>44092903
If things go to shit, we should be prepared. Let's go to a tavern and grab some provisions in case we need to head back out on the road. After that, if we have time, head to the Limb Replacement Clinic.
>>
>>44092903
Let's check out the limb replacement clinic. We've been looking to upgrade anyway, maybe they can do things the mages couldn't.
>>
>>44093056
>>44093135

You go to a tavern, and buy some food to refill your repair gel tanks in battle. This costs about about fifty silver, but you have enough small foods to refill your tank about 5 times, should the need arise.
Afterwards, you head to the Limb Clinic. The place isn't much different than the Mages College chapter. A middle aged centaur sits behind a desk, writing in a large book. He looks up at you and his ears perk up. "Okay, this is new." He says cheerfully. "Welcome the Kelvin Imperial Limb Replacement Clinic!" He gets up and trots over to you, and shakes your hand. "You certainly don't look like the type to usually come in here. What can we do for you?"
>>
>>44093339
>"Do you have the ability to modify golems such as myself? Specifically mobility enhancements?"

On a side note, getting modifications might suck since we have the sense of touch but they won't be able to anesthetize us because we are made of stone.
>>
Hopefully the thread will get more attention this evening when work/school ends. I don't want this to die.
>>
I protest against not getting any additional protection for our chest gem we could get.
>>
>>44093485
Second

>>44093699
Are you joking, or did you miss the part about it being nigh-indestructible?
>>
>>44093699
Our soulstone can only be damaged by a material possessed solely by the Fylkir , who I am sure is a totally nice guy who won't try to kill us for whatever reason :^).
>>
>>44093485

"Does this clinic have the ability to modify Golems such as my self? Specifically mobility enhancements?" You ask him. The centaur rubs his chin.
"Golem mods huh? I heard up in the Crown they did that kinda stuff. Same science applies, I think. Fallow me." The centaur trots into the back room and you fallow. The doorways in this place are surprisingly large. Maybe because of the horse man working here.
"My names Caratun by the way. You self?" He leads you into a large room, filled with large wooden chairs with straps on the arms and legs.
"Sorry if this place gives up the torture room vibe.' Caratun gets a large binder off a bookshelf. "We need to keep people held down when we attach their new limbs and... it can be very painful. Especially legs. Anyway." He gives you the booklet. "Lotta that soldier boys and girls that come in like to get toys put in their limbs."

You open up the booklet and find

A wrist mounded gabbling hook
For arm replacements. built into the write, this device allows for climbing, or combat, if you are creative.

A storage slot in the arm or leg
Self explanatory. A storage compartment in your replacement Limb.

Deployable hidden crossbow
For total arm replacement. A compact crossbow installed into the shoulder.

Jumping Hydraulics in the legs (Jump up to 30 feet!)
For total leg replacement. Activated by winding a gear on ones leg. Cation is advised.

Deployable Steel Claws
Spring loaded 4 inch claws loaded into ones hands, deployed at the hard flick of a wrist.

Arm mounted concealed blade
A 7 inch steel blade loaded into the forearm, a button installed on the shoulder will deploy this concealed weapon.
>>
>>44094107
Can the modifications be repaired by our repair gel? I worry that we might damage some of the modifications (especially the hydraulics) if we decide to buy them.

Also, how much do the mods cost?
>>
>>44094107
>Grappling hook
Could potentially useful, but don't know how much considering they are probably designed for 200 pound humans and not 1 ton golems
>Storage slot
We've already got a storage compartment in our back, but it wouldn't hurt to maybe have one in one of our legs provided the mod is cheap
>Crossbow
Doesn't really seem to fit with our character that well - we are more melee oriented
>Hydraulics
Same as grappling hook
>Steel claws
Could be very useful, esp. if we lose our weapon for whatever reason
>Hidden blade
Same as claws, although slightly less so since we already have our superhuman strength as a weapon if we are rendered unarmed

Overall, I definitely suggest getting the claws. A storage compartment or two could be useful, as could the grappling hook if it works for golems. The hidden blade would be great if we weren't some giant golem, otherwise I don't think it's worth grabbing.
>>
>>44094145
Excellent questions.

I'm guessing that since these are designed to be part of replacement limbs they can be safely integrated.

>>44094206
Good points, let's just ask if the hook and/or hydraulics can be specialized to work with our massive stony body.

Probably though we'll want to only get the claws, I'm not too keen on going overboard with mods just yet even if we can afford them.
>>
>>44093821
And you read the "Nigh-" and dont come to the same conclusion? Am I the only one paranoid enough?
>>
>>44094291
It's far easier to immobilize Gabriel or breach the repair gel tanks than to break the core. Also, we're getting a breastplate anyway.
We should focus on protecting Holly before she finds out exactly how many enemies she can kill before she goes down.
>>
>>44094291
My point was more that we can't make it harder to destroy than it already is. If starmetal is really that awesome, a layer of steel probably won't offer much protection against it. At least it would cover up our core though, which counts for something I suppose.

We are supposed to be picking up some armor from the smith though, so we're doing what we can.

>>44094356
This too, we'd still be pretty well screwed if our body was broken beyond repair (but our core remained intact), which is a much more plausible danger.

Also, Holly. If we really care about her, we'll be more worried for the squishy elf girl than our tough self.
>>
>>44094206
>>44094107
I say buy the claws and hydraulics. claws for obvious reasons but we could kick many doors down with hydraulics and it would be less unwieldy than a claw
>>
Hey guys sorry that took so long, lost thread after 4chan went down. anyway

>>44094145
Anything mod put into your body will be repaired by the gel. Why? Because Magic. Its fine. don't worry about it.

Mods are not cheap. 1000 each.
>>
>>44094848
I vote for the grappling hook.
We could shoot it at someone and drag them into melee distance.
>>
>>44094848
>Mods are not cheap. 1000 each.
I think that settles it. Let's grab the claws and leave the rest. We should have a reserve of cash for emergencies.
>>
Oh, and Caratun tells you that the cable used in the grappling hook mod is extremely strong, and could most likely hold you
>>
>>44094848
Grapple hook,
We could extend it partially, and then use our drillmode to rapidly spin it to knock away arrows and shit, or to weedwhacker an enemy
>>
>>44095071
>most likely
Meh, still don't want it. It just seems kind of out-of-character with how we have built Gabriel so far.
>>
>>44095071
Still go for claws
>>
>>44094848
Voting for claws. Grapple hook seems situational and unwieldy. It also doesn't seem like something a golem would have.
>>
>>44095137
>Seems out of character
Lol, okay buddy. Whatever you say.
Just because you buy a sword doesn't mean you won't be interested in nonmelee.
>>
File: good news.jpg (58 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
good news.jpg
58 KB, 750x410
Seems the anons like the Claws.

You point to the Claws in the booklet. "These." You say to Caratun. "I would like these Claws installed." The centaur nods.
"Those always a favorite for old vets." He goes into the storage room and backs back with a chisel and hammer. "You're a Golem, but for professional reasons I have to ask, do you have a high pain tolerance?" You chuckle a bit
"I do not fell pain. All is well." He nods.
"Oh good. I don't need to knock you out... or uh... turn you off?" He laughs and pulls up a chair and a table, you motions for you to place your arm on the table. You do so, and he begins chiseling into your arm. What you said holds some truth, you do not feel pain, but the sensation of the chisel digging into your stone skin feels like someone rubbing against you roughly.

So guys in the coming sections there shall be KOM-BAT
so you get to roll dice!
To troll to hit, roll 1d20+7 to hit
1d8+5 to see how many you kill
since your fighting a a ton of targets at once.
The reason for you killing so many with one sing of your sword: Because you are a MIGHTY GOLEM, with a big sword. So when you hit, you hit hard.
>>
>>44095449
We should consider using our massive horselike speed to go max speed and barrel through hordes of enemies at once. While drillspinning the sword in front of us, like a whirling death shield.
>>
File: 1HLGqaj.png (92 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1HLGqaj.png
92 KB, 444x440
>>44095499
you could very well do that.
Maybe I made Gabriel a bit to powerful... oh well to late to go back now.
And its kinda the point to show off that Gabriel is the perfect killing machine, but with like. Emotions and stuff.

Also for those curious, I came up with a bizarre sex scene between Gabriel and Holly
Its horrifying.
As are the results of it.
>>
>>44095656
>Also for those curious, I came up with a bizarre sex scene between Gabriel and Holly
>Its horrifying.
>As are the results of it.

Go on...
>>
anyway, I'll continue so you guys have something to reply to

The procedure takes about an hour. Caratun and you make small talk. He tells you that hes heard a rumor that the 'Fylkiers Thumb' is going to fire, when you ask what that is, he tells you that the 'Fylkiers Thumb' is one, of ten massive guns built by the Imperium to hold the Western and Eastern Lines. The guns only ever fire one week out of the year because the shells to fire them take a long time to build, and firing them takes a lot of men.
There are several types of shells for the guns, Earth Shaker, City Buster, Army Breaker, and Magic Cleaner. "When the Line breaks." Caratun tells you. 'The Fyilker flicks it shut." He doesn't know the exact measure of the guns, but he says they are big enough take up half the city.'
When he finishes up the carving, he installs the claws themselves. They are razor sharp, and shine beautifully. They are a bit bigger than in the booklet said, because you're a big guy.
They are about 6 inches, and serrated. You pay him 1,000 gold and return to camp. Holly seems to know her way around a blade, as her Grandfathers old sword is now as sharp as a your claws. Shes peacefully asleep in her tent now. She looks adorable, curled up with her blanket. It would seem the leather armor plate that was commissioned for you was delivered right to your camp, you briefly wonder how they could have found your camp, but realize that they most likely just asked 'wheres the Golem set up?' and left it there.
You try it on, and it fits nicely. The leather is comfortable enough, and protects your joints neatly.
You spend the night reading the Imperial History book.
You learn the the Fyliker is an inherited position is passed on from father to son, and that the whom ever sits upon the Imperial Throne wields great magical power, and when he dies it is passed on to his heir.
The last Fyliker died is glorious combat, killing nearly 6,000 men. before beings brought down.
>>
>>44096557
Is that all OP?

If so, when we get up lets show off our new claws to Holly and ask if she needs anything before shit hits the fan.
>>
>>44096557
Practice the Unstoppable Lawnmower technique. With whirling blade shit.
>>
>>44096557
Oh, and did we happen to see where that Smith from town went who was building our breastplate? Might wanna get a refund if he isn't going to be able to deliver.
>>
>>44096723
I guess we can do this. Not really sure what to do since you kind of left it open at the end, OP.
>>44096752
The way I see it, the old smith probably needs the money more than we do.
>>
>>44096851
>The way I see it, the old smith probably needs the money more than we do.
I'm sure he does, but that doesn't mean it isn't rightfully ours. Still, its more than likely lost as it is, so I'm not going to make a big fuss.
>>
That was suppose to say 1/2
Just letting you guys know I'm working as fast as my hands can type

anyway, back to work.
>>
>>44096557
>you're a big guy.

for you
>>
What tactics should we use in the fight? Should we identify petty officers and beeline to them, and repeat until the enemy routs? Should we try to be an obstacle before the main line, so the enemy has to reform behind us? Just try to kill as many of them as possible? Be the front line for the mages? Maybe look for a bottleneck?
>>
>>44096992
I vote for Kill Everything
>>
>>44096992
I imagine we'll be fighting on the walls. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to fight beyond them, at least not for a prolonged period of time. We might have some skirmishes at the beginning, but it would make the most sense to stay on the wall so we don't get overwhelmed. As a result I expect officers won't be scaling the walls.
>>
>>44096992
I think protecting the mages should be our priority. They can might make the difference in the battle, but we need to make sure they can't be attacked while they are vulnerable.
>>
Is it written that the Fylkir was brought down by horrible magical abomination made by the Telvish.
His only (living) heir was the young Issac Calorus, born to a concubine elf.
He is the first non human to sit upon the Throne, but has led the Imperium to great victory in his short reign, pushing the Western Line back further than it ever has been before, and it is believed that he will finally break The Eastern and Western Line and bring the tyrannical Telvish state to its knees.
The picture of the the Fylkir is of a young half elf, with gray hair, and an eye patch. His left arm is mechanical left arm. His remaining eye is a shining yellow. In his hand, is the Star Metal weapon you heard of.
A sleek, light blue blade that shines ever so lightly, like the Star is came from.
After some light reading, you enter stand by mode to mentally prepare your self.
When you awaken, the sky is an orange color. Not the kind that you see on a beautiful morning. Its the kind where the fires of war stain the sky. You are ready for this. Holly is alright dressed in some tight fitting steel armor. She is like a small, armored wasp with her sword.
"Gabriel, I was just about to wake you up." She says putting her helmet on.
"No time for small talk. We need to get to our positions. The Telvish are about to come into range of the cities cannons." She looks up at you, and raises the visor on her helmet. "Stay alive out there, Gabriel."

Do you have any final words for Holly? This is the moment before the big battle, might as well make it good.
>>
>>44097089
Hug her, not too tightly, and wish her luck and bid her to fight well.
>>
>>44097089
>>44097145

OH, and if we end up losing then arrange to meet at the nearest city away from the line.
>>
>>44097089
"I will see you at the farm."
>>
>>44097280
The farm is currently behind enemy lines, not a great place to go back to right now.
>>
>>44097145
>>44097164
This.
>>
>>44097089
Don't die. Please.
>>
>>44097145
>>44097164

You pull Holly into a hug. "Good luck Holly. Bring down a 100 of them." She smiles and hugs you back, "If anything happens, if Kelvin falls, we shall meet at the nearest city."
"Right. To the North, Terrseract." She smiles. "Good luck, Gabriel." She runs off, to where ever her position is.

You are position on top of the Great Kelvin Gate. Your job is to throw boulders down onto the Telvish who will no doubt have a battering ram. Normally this would require many men, but you, A MIGHTY GOLEM, and throw these rocks like they were damn cardboard. You have a massive stack of them. With your MIGHTY GOLEM STRENGTH your could theoretically throw them much further, and pick off people that stand out.

You stand atop the glorious Kelvin gate. You see the Telvish army approaching, at the front of them, a man is riding a large war horse. He wears this strange armor. Behind, an uncountable number of men fallow. In the far distance, you can see catapults being loaded.

If you wanna try your luck at hitting the General with one of your rocks, roll 1d20+4 and 1d10+7
>>
Rolled 11 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44097578
>With your MIGHTY GOLEM STRENGTH your could theoretically throw them much further, and pick off people that stand out.
I was wondering how you'd handle the fighting. I fucking love you OP.
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44097578
>>
Rolled 12 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44097578
>>
Rolled 4 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

>>44097578
>>44097598
>>
Rolled 2 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

>>44097578
>>44097598
>>
Rolled 17 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44097578
>>
Rolled 8 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

>>44097578
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44097578
>>
>>44097598
>>44097604

You pick up one of the boulders and throw it at the General. Right as he pulls his sword out to give his men the order to attack... your boulder his his great war horse, smashing its fucking head into the ground, killing it. This sends the General flying off his horse. He quickly stands up, humiliated and orders his men to attack. You feel his eyes on you. He will be out for you blood. Or your stone. What ever you wanna call it.
Either way, good job!
>>
>>44097696
Can we target a trebuchet?
>>
>>44097722
You could, but those are really far out of ranch, and you'd have to roll 1d20-4 to hit them.

I'd say focus on getting the guys now at your door with a battering ram.

A hail of arrows rains down on the Telvish as they charge, its clear that your stunt was unexpected, but you near laughter from all over the Wall because of it.
The hail of arrows kills 440 of the attackers before they can make it to the Wall.
You do you really want to tempt to, and hit the Trebuchet, or will you rain death down upon your the ones with battering rams?
>>
File: General.jpg (135 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
135 KB, 500x708
heres a picture of the General. before he lost his horse.
>>
>>44097900
Let's destroy some battering rams.
>>
File: rolling-dice.jpg (200 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
rolling-dice.jpg
200 KB, 1024x731
>>44097935
Roll me 1d20+7
and then a 1d10+7
>>
Rolled 4 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44097995
>>
Rolled 2 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44097995
>>
Rolled 9 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

>>44097995

>>44098050
Well...battering rams are easy to hit, right?
>>
Rolled 3 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44097995
>>
File: seige.png (2 MB, 1602x742) Image search: [Google]
seige.png
2 MB, 1602x742
>>44098050
>>44098094

You crush several of the men carrying battering rams, their comrads look up and see the 7 foot tall rock monster throwing boulders at them, and suddenly find they really don't want to be standing under you anymore, and flee. How ever, some of them are braze enough to flip you the bird and continue their attack on the Great Gate.

>>44098245
A near perfect throw shatters the battering ram in half. The men who were carrying it panic and flee to get another one.

Alright, now that the battering ram is out of the way, you have two options
A - Keep the gate protected from men beating on it
B - Roll me a 1d20+3 to locate a commanding officer, and throw a boulder at him. If you roll a perfect 20 you will find the General and have a chance to kill him
C - You see the enemy preparing Siege towers. They are made of would, and would be no match against your boulders.

anyway
The Telvish lay Siege latters against the walls of the city, and the defenders pour scolding, boiling hot water onto the climbing Telvish. The Telvish launch their trebuches, and smash several small sections of the Wall, and bring down a large building.

The choice of what to do next is yours, but your standing orders are to not leave the Wall until the Gate falls.
>>
>>44098480
C, we are really the only one who can while we can tell others to pick up our slack on the gate.
>>
>>44098480
>C - You see the enemy preparing Siege towers. They are made of would, and would be no match against your boulders.
this un
>>
Rolled 4 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44098480
B

I'm feeling lucky
>>
>>44098529
>>44098542
>>44098563

You scout out using your zoomed vision, but see no one of value.
So your throw a boulder at one of the rising siege towers.
RO RO RO RO ROLL ME DAT 1d20+5 SENPAI
btw each anon here can roll once and it will count as throwing one boulder at a different tower.
>>
Rolled 17 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44098611
>>
Rolled 16 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44098611
>>
Rolled 17 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44098611
Here we go
>>
>>44098645
anon...
>>
Rolled 17 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44098611
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 549x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 549x471
>>44098630
>>44098649
>>44098664
>>44098696
Enemy status: rekt
>>
>>44098713
>tango down
>>
>>44098630
>>44098649
>>44098664
>>44098696

Don't think I didn't see that crit fail deleting anon!

Four of your boulders rip through the would be Siege Towers like butter, they come tumbling down, and crush the men trying to build them, and you boulder kills several people as well. Good job!
How ever... When you pick up one of your boulders, you lose your grip when you are swinging it and accidentally throw it INTO the city. It crashes through someones house. Everyone in the city is busy fighting, so no one got hurt, but that boulder is now wasted.

The status of the Great Gate is 87%

The Telvish scramble to get more Siege Towers ready.

Their trebuchets fire once more, and bring down more of the wall. Many die as they fall to the ground, and the Telvish start climbing over the smashed parts. But the cities defenders are ready for them. Had the Siege Towers made it, they might not be so lucky.

You have two Options

A - The trebuchets have moved closer, and might be possible to hit. Roll 1d20+3
B - You could look for a commanding officer again, Roll 1d20 to locate them, as I said before, if you roll a nat 20, you WILL find the General.
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44098951
>A
>>
>>44098951
can we attempt to toss boulders into the smashed bits to replace the sections of wall?
>>
Rolled 19 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44098951
A - The trebuchets have moved closer, and might be possible to hit.
>>
>>44099038
>>44099078
>>44099153

Getting a boulder to fill in a cap in the wall would require very strategic aiming, and a whole lot of luck. If you really wanna risk it, roll 1d20-5

On that note

You whip one boulder at a trebuchet, but miss, but not all is lost, as it kills a dozen men as it lands.
The second boulder you whip crushes a trebuchet violently, that it kills its operators as well. There are 4 of them left, the ones that remains all try to hit you, but hitting a singular target us extremely difficult to do with a trebuchet, and they instead smash into the gate, and the wall around you. More Telvish eagerly climb over the wall.
The gates health is now at 43% it shows signs it is starting to break.

Options
A - Continue raining death on the trebuchets
B - Throw boulders at the latters the Telvish are climbing on.
>>
Rolled 15 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44099260
Kill trebuchets
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44099260
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44099260
A- continue hurling rocks at the trebuchets
>>
Rolled 13 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44099260
>A
>>
>>44099260
dice+1d20-5
>>
Rolled 17 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44099528
gg wp, nice fail me
>>
>>44099528
No
I vote against trying
>>
File: Abomination.jpg (71 KB, 492x600) Image search: [Google]
Abomination.jpg
71 KB, 492x600
You whip five more boulders, two go stray and kills a few soldiers, the othert four his their targets nicely.
One trebuchets remain.

As your prepare to make your next move, you hear some sort of horrible beast like roar. Looking down you see some horrible monster.
This horrible mental monster charges into the Gate and begins beating on it like a man man. What ever it is, it isn't human, and you must do something about it, quickly.
You have exactly three minuets to respond to this post, if you do not do something about it before then, it will break the gate.
>>
>>44099770
Leap down and stab it with your claws.
>>
>>44099770
Drop directly on top of it, and stab down into it with drillmode claws.
>>
>>44099770
>a man man
OP do you proofread? you should.

jump down face first witho bost arms extended and attempt to bludgeon the head of the monster as the claws would probably be less effective as slashing weapons tend to be against mechanical things that cannot bleed
>>
>>44099770
Throw a boulder or two on it.
>>
>>44099874
NO, we would break the gate doing it.
>>
>>44099854
This
>>
>>44099824
>>44099851
>>44099854
>>44099874

sorry, I forget that sometimes

You throw your biggest, heaviest looking boulder you have down onto it. The boulder onto the abomination below. The sheer force of your throw, and the density of this monster, cause the boulder to crumble. He roars in anger/pain.
You landing on him nearly breaks parts of his armor off, under it not mechanical bits, but but the tortured flesh of a man. He - IT, roars at you in anger and tries to fight you, but you are much to heavy for that.

Roll me 4d8+7 for punch damage. Two punches from each fist.
>>
Rolled 7, 4, 8, 5 + 7 = 31 (4d8 + 7)

>>44100099
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 2, 5 + 7 = 21 (4d8 + 7)

>>44100099
Drill punches!
>>
Rolled 7, 8, 8, 5 + 7 = 35 (4d8 + 7)

>>44100099
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 4, 4 + 7 = 23 (4d8 + 7)

>>44100099
>>
File: monster.png (59 KB, 125x160) Image search: [Google]
monster.png
59 KB, 125x160
>>44100150

Your first MIGHTY GOLEM PUNCH breaks his chest armor off, revealing more of the twisted flesh that is bounded with the suit he wears. Your second punch shatters his rib cage like a bag of twigs, your third punch breaks caves part of his helmet in, and blood starts to leak out of it furiously, the monster roars in pain as you break it. With one final, divesting blow you bring your fist down on his head, you hear his skull crunch. The mast on his helmet rolls off when you are finished, and you see the remains of his face. The skin has been peeled back and covered in stitches, a look of anger/pain ironed onto his face, his eyes are blank of any sort of 'light' that organics have. This... thing was not a man. It was a living battering ram.
You pull your self to your feet. Dozens of Telvish soldiers surround you, they shake in fear, clearing terrifying that you just killed their heavy hitter.
You pull out your Claymore.

ROLL TIME BITCHES
Roll 1d20+7 to hit
Roll roll 1d8+7
BEFORE YOU ASK: No, your fists are not a better weapon than your sword... well, they can be, used right, but in this case you are not rolling to see how much damage you do, but how many of them you cut through, and kill. Thats how hoard fights are handled. Ya dig?

Start ya rollin ya!
>>
File: idontknow.jpg (53 KB, 925x572) Image search: [Google]
idontknow.jpg
53 KB, 925x572
... did my post vanish for anyone else? Or is 4chan just fucking with me?
>>
>>44100448
Just fucking with you OP
>>
Rolled 13 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44100392
Full speed weedwhacker charge.
>>
Rolled 5 + 7 (1d8 + 7)

>>44100448
Were you taking about >>44100392 ?
>>
Rolled 3 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44100392
>>
File: rip and tear.png (176 KB, 287x230) Image search: [Google]
rip and tear.png
176 KB, 287x230
>>44100507
>>44100511
>>44100527
yeah post the the monster.png just fucked vanished. I thought maybe a server glitch or something might have not sent it or something. What ever its back now, it doesn't matter.
Anyway

NOW I HAVE TO ASK YOU THIS AND I HATE TO SLOW THE GAME DOWN,
but do you have any cool one liners before you begin the RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>44100576
>"It's time to ROCK AND ROLL"
>>
>>44100576
"Only those who lay down their arms will be spared. Surrender while you can."
>>
>>44100576
>For those about to ROCK, we salute you!
Do this while saluting our men on the walls
>>
>>44100607
This is the only one that makes sense in the setting. And it fits with the character. Support.
>>
>>44100576
"Run if you like."
>>
>>44100576
>I may not have been designed to kill, but I certainly wasn't meant to let my loved ones die
>>
>>44100576
Seconding >>44100607
Though I don't hate the rock puns after the fact
>>
>>44100597
>>44100607
>>44100640
>>44100671

"Those who lay down their arms will be spared, surrender while you can." You begin rotating your fits and become the Golem Wacker. "To those who don't." Several men run away in fear. "You're are about to get ROCKED." You charge forth with the fury of a War Horse. Thats on made of swords.

You run through the crowd, ripping through dozens upon dozens of Telvish soldiers. You slice off their limbs, you cut them in half, you decapitate them, some them you literally obliterate you into tiny chunks of meat and bone.

RIP. AND. TEAR.

If one where a bird in the sky, looking down upon the battle below, they would see that in the thickness of the Telvish army, there is a small gap growing in it. Men are just disappearing. Like an artist erasing his work.
Theoretically, you could keep going until you reach the other end of the mob, how ever, given your speed, you could take out the last trebuchet, or running around randomly, killing anything and everything in your way. How ever, if you continue your onslaught, the gate will be left unguarded, and your sword might break.
>>
>>44100939
Take out the trebuchet and get back to the gate after, asap.
>>
>>44100983
Seconding
>>
>>44100939
agreed >>44100983
>>
>>44101004
>>44100998
>>44100983

You continue charging through the hoard, hundreds die by your blade. You are the ultimate killing machine in this moment. You make a slight turn and after ripping through a few hundred men, you find the Trebuchet, and smash through it like it was made of paper. The crew panics and flees at the sight of the speeding Golem of death. You have to make a huge U turn to get back to the gate, and find that the soldiers are to afraid to go near it, after your horrifying display of violence.
Many of the siege ladders used by the Telvish are close by close, so you could tare those down, giving the the people on the other side a break, or you could use your repair gel stock to repair the door. Yes, thats a thing you can do.
>>
>>44101226
Repair the gate. They might have more trebuchets farther back.
>>
>>44101226
Repair the gate, eat a lot to replenish supplies.
>>
>>44101226
So how is repair gel applied? Imagining us projectile vomiting all over the door is quite amusing, I must say.
>>
>>44101252
>>44101270
>>44101308

There are a series of small pipes in your body that release the gel where it is needed, where you need it.

You hold you hand up to the gate and focus your mind on it. You feel your gel tanks slowly drain, and starts leaking out of your hand onto the gate. You have never seen the repair gel before. It is a strange, sickly green ooze. It sits on the gate for a while, before it sinks into the door, and slowly repairs the Gate. Its an interesting site.
Gate restored to 100%
You pop your trunk and drink a large bottle of water, because thats quick and easy. It'll take a few moments for you to properly convert it to repair gel.

As the Gate returns back to pristine condition, you hear a voice call out to you. "YOU!" You turn to find the General of the Telvish army. He is bloodied and has a look of hatred on his face. "Foul monster! You have butchered my men, and humiliated me!" He points his sword at you. "Fight me monster! Fight me and face your doom!"
>>
>>44101473
Throw a rock at him. If he lives then fight him.
>>
>>44101473
"If I win, will you cease the assault? No more need to die."
>>
>>44101473
> "This is your only chance to leave peacefully."
Then
> Go go gadget drill sword
>>
>>44101473
"No more men need to die, general. Swallow your pride and give up. If you truly wish to look good in the eyes of your men, then spare their lives, rather than throwing them futilely against my sword."
>>
>>44101497
>>44101509
>>44101524

You sink your fingers into a nearby boulder you threw at the battering ram at the beginning of the battle. "General, Fight me if you must, but this is your one chance to leave peacefully." The General spits at you.
"By the Gods, I WILL take this city, and I shall put every single one of your Imperial bastards to the wall!" He locks eyes with you.
"Will you at least retreat, if I best you in combat?" You ask.
"NEVER." He spits.
You shake your head. "You have seen what I am capable of. You have seen the death I have wrought." He scowls. "No one else has to die, General. Swallow your pride and call the retreat. I am sure you have your pride to take into consideration, but ask your self, 'if I stand atop the bodies of a million dead, does it matter?'" The General sighs angerly.

OKAY ANONS. Roll Charisma
1d20+1
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44101767
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44101767
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44101767
>>
Rolled 20 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44101767
>>
>>44101806
SO CLOSE
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 780x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 780x487
>>44101806
HOLY SHIT
>>
File: 1414716049620.jpg (14 KB, 285x237) Image search: [Google]
1414716049620.jpg
14 KB, 285x237
>>44101806
>>
>>44101814
I don't actually know what op's dice system is
He might actually take it

It was a really good speech, anyways.
>>
File: The Killing is never done.png (100 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
The Killing is never done.png
100 KB, 250x250
>>44101835
Thats true...

>tfw we may have just halted a Line Break all by ourselves.
>>
File: Golem_concept_art.jpg (85 KB, 578x784) Image search: [Google]
Golem_concept_art.jpg
85 KB, 578x784
>>44101878
Dwarven engineering, man. That shit is GOAT.
>>
>>44101781
>>44101792
>>44101795
>>44101806

Little info on how I pick rolls like this. I pick the one that rolled the highest.

The General sighs. "Golem, There is great wisdom in your words, I know this." He lowers his sword. "Perhaps you do not know the code of battle among my people. To which I cannot blame you. But in our culture, there is no retreat, nor is there surrender. For a commanding officer to return home a failure, is to step onto the hangman's alley your self." He looks down, defeated. "But I am no fool. I will needlessly throw away the lives of these men. They are good men. Men with families, and loved ones. They deserve better than to die at the hands at the enemy we cannot best. A Golem." He laughs slightly. "As a child, I read tales you creatures. I did not think them true. I thought them simple fantasies of over imaginative smiths. " He puts his sword away. "Oh how I wish I was wrong. That you were not here, and that I could take this city with pride and return home a conquering hero. But that fate is not for me. Nor is it for my men. I shall call the retreat, and in doing so, face what ever the Gods have in store for me." He turns away, and takes off his fancy General hat, and drops it on the ground. "Farewell Golem. I will see you in what ever hell awaits warriors." Some of the troops see this display. A sudden wave slowly passes over the mob. From being a hyped up, blood thirsty army, hell bent on their enemies destruction, to one of slow, somber retreat.
>>
>>44102027
Salute the general as he leaves. He is brave.
>>
>>44102027
Daaaamn. We literally convinced someone to kill themselves.

seconded >>44102060
>>
>>44102027
>>44102060
Thirded. I can't believe we managed to do that. We are so god damn OP.
>>
>>44102027
>>44102060
Upholding this.

Also shiet.
>>
File: HELLO.png (220 KB, 460x260) Image search: [Google]
HELLO.png
220 KB, 460x260
>>44102060
>>44102081
>>44102098
>>44102108

You salute the General as he walks away. The people atop the wall are fucking amazed at what you just did. Word spreads to the other side of the Wall that the Telvish are retreating.
The gates behind you open, and hundreds of Telvish soldiers pour out, their hands behind their heads as a sign of surrender. There is a period of silence, filled only with the sound of marching boots. There are no cheers, or scream of joy. The people of Kelvin are beyond stunned at what has just transpired.

(by the way guys, the ONLY way you could have talked him down is with a perfect 20. Anything else would have ended in a fight. Also what did you guys think of my surrender speech? dramatic enough?)

You have no idea how you managed to do that. But you have done the impossible. You have closed the Line Break using only your words.
Well, thats not entirely true, since you became death incarnate and butchered hundreds, possibly thousands of men to give your words the backing they needed.

What do you do now?
>>
>>44102248
Pick up the general's hat. Store it, for now.
Go get cleaned up.
>>
>>44102248
Find a cute, ensure safety of a cute, hug and comfort a cute. Then talk to someone important. We might be due a reward.

And definitely grab the hat.
>>
>>44102248
Take the hat and get cleaned. Battle was bloody. Find a cute after clean.
>>
>>44102248
>>44102284
This. We must make sure the cute is alright.
>>
>>44102274
>>44102284
>>44102301

You look down and realize your are covered in blood. Absolutely covered stem to stern in gore. Come to of it, being covered in the blood of his men might have had something to do with the Generals retreat.
You takes the Generals hat and try your damnedest to not get blood on it, you put it in your trunk for safe keeping. You go back inside the city, where everyone stares at you in stunned silence, after a few moments they all cheer. A bunch of militia men run up to you. Their all talking at once so its hard to make out what their saying, but you are fairly certain they are offering to help you get your self cleaned up and more of less do anything for you. The whole city cheers.
"GOL - EM! GOL - EM! GOL - EM." While that isn't you name, you still feel flattered.

After thing calms down, you are taken to the militia HQ where you are given your own extra large tent, a scrub down by some very beautiful maidens. None are as beautiful as Holly, but you enjoy that fact you are no longer covered in blood.
The city Governor/Mayor, the Captain of the Guard, and the Militia Head are all on there way to meet you. You requested Holly be brought to the HQ as well.

A nurse comes in, covered in blood and an eye patch over her right eye. She bows to you. "L-Lord Gabriel, we have found your friend, Holly Narth. B-but I am sorry to say she was wounded in the fighting. Shes currently in surgery, but she will be out shortly. I-I am very sorry." She is very nervous. "I-I am sorry, but I must attend to my other patients!" She darts out, you have very little time to grief as the City Governor. The Captain of the Guard, and the Militia Head come into your tent.
>>
>>44102612
>The cute has been injured!
>>
>>44102612
Guess we'll need to worry about the cute later. Pay attention to what the others need to say and wonder why they're so impressed about how we talked the general out of it.
>>
You recognize Scara Silverkit, the head of the Kelvin Militia.
"Lord Gabriel!" A middle aged human, about 5,4, in a tore (but fancy!) suit, with brown hair and green eyes shakes your hand. "It is an honor to meet you! I am Milo Jamerson, Governor of this great city! And here with me is my Captain of the Guard, Regel Mire." The Captain looks to be a Veteran of war. His face has been scared and beaten, and his right arm is mechanical. His head is bald, and eyes are a deep green, and have lost that light in them. He is a man who has seen to much in a short amount of time. And then there is Scara Silverkit is a bit bloodied and looks tired, but other wise unchanged. Dirty Blond hair done up in a bun, with sea blue eyes, wearing leather armor and wielding a set of twin steel daggers
"You know, I knew when you came to me that you'd be something special. And I'm not just saying that because you're a Golem!" Sacra says. The Regal says nothing, he seems a bit lost to all this.
"Please, if there is ANYTHING you need, you need only ask!" The Governor looks like hes on the verge of a mental break down.

What do you ask of this man?
>>
>>44102900
Ask that Holly receives the best medical attention. Maybe some help on rebuilding the town we came from/the farm.
>>
>>44102900
At the next full moon we must extract your beating heart from your chest and sacrifice it to the dark golem gods. If this is not done I will detonate, destroying the entire city.

Oooooor we can do this. >>44102962 I guess...
>>
>>44102900
Ask him to make sure Holly has the best possible care, and access to prosthetics if she needs any.

Then, ask for paper. We are imprinted with great dwarven knowledge, and how to make a defensible city is easy.

It needs walls designed like a star, not straight ones. It needs a series of mazelike trenches. It needs anti-trebuchet measures, such as ballista loaded with explosive rounds. It needs much that it does not have. If the line breaks again, this city should not need us.

Lastly...ask for full access to the biggest library here.
>>
>>44102900
"Can I go see my friend Holly?"
and mention something about how we could probably help with repairs. (More manual labor like and less repair gel like.)
>>
>>44103048
oh and could I also add to ask them to stop calling us lord or whatever?
>>
>>44103005
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_fort
Star forts really are superior,
>>
>>44103005
>>44103048
>>44102962

Seconding. Star forts are awesome.
>>
>>44102962
>>44102980
>>44103005

"I want my friend, Holly, to receive the best possible care, and when she is out of surgery, I wish to see her post haste." You say flatly. "And bring me some papers. A lot of it. I have imprinted memories of Dwarven engineering that I can pass on to you. They will make the city much more defensible." The Governor stares at you.
"Imprinted... what?" Sacra puts her hand on his shoulder.
"Hes going to give us blueprints that can made the city better defended." She said softly. The Governor laughs nervously.
"Yes. Yes of course. Right away Lord Gabriel, right away!" He says cheerfully.
"You really don't need to call me Lord-" The Governor cuts you off.
"I'll not hear that!" He snaps. "While there is a lot of paper work to fill out for it, and a ceremony to boot, I am dubbing you Lord Gabriel, Hero of Kelvin." He says proudly. You sigh and decide to roll with it.
"Also, do you have a library I might use?" Milo nods. "Yes, yes of course! We have a massive library here. Sacra, please take Lord Gabriel there, will you? I have important matters to attend to." Sacra nods, and signals you to fallow her.
As you walk through the city, you feel the eyes of every person in the city on you. They look at you in awe. So you decide to ask, "Is it really that amazing I talked the General down?" Sacra gives you a look.
"Yes and no. Its not so much the fact that you talked him into leaving, its that you made him leave as a whole. you haven't even 'closed the Line' as many might tell you. The Telvish will be back, and in greater numbers. Thats how Line Breaks work. But you bought us time to get ready. Make no mistake, Lord Gabriel, you saved every man, woman and child in this city. The Telvish coulf have and would have killed them all with neither pity nor remorse. With the time you bought us, the Imperial Army can respond, and push forward, and restore The Line in proper fashion." She explains.

Cont.
>>
>>44103397

"So the city is safe, but is isn't?" You ask. Sacra chuckles a bit.
"Yes, I suppose thats one way to put it. The Church will want to Knight you. It would not surprise me if you were invited to the Crown. Thats how these things go. Its one of the Imperial Mantras, actually. 'One Man Can; they say. I always liked to believe it true. There are a hundreds of stories of a single man turning the tide of a battle. Its one thing to hear about it, but another to see it. Ya know?" She trails off as you make it to the front steps of the library. "Well, here we are. I got duties to attend to. I'll send a nurse your way when we get an update on your friend." She shakes your hand and goes on her way.

You are now at the library, what do you want to do?
>>
>>44103479
Research the Telvish point of view,
The great one
Try to find any books in dwarven or gnomish
And look for anything on Golems.
>>
>>44103502
sounds good
>>
>>44103502
>>44103512

There is no one at the Library to help you search for books, so it takes a while to find what you are looking for.
You find exactly one book on the Telvish State, called 'The Writings of a former Vish.'
You find dozens on 'The Big One', and decide to pick one out, called 'Science begin 'The Big One''
There are even more books on Dorfs and Gnomes. There is an entire section on them. So, you pick the one that captures you the most 'Where are They? The Search for The Under Kin."'
and, in the section on Dwarves and Gnomes, you find a book called, 'Feats of the Underkin: Golems.' and also a young adult book called 'Geronimo: The Impossible Golem' A story about a time traveling Golem that saves the Fylkir at the time (named Natsu Calorus) from a Dragon. Its a work of fiction, but its won several awards and on the back claims to be a favorite of the Fylkir line.
As you finish your collection, several hours have passed, just as you put the last book in your tunk, a nurse runs in, the same one from before, comes running in. "M-my Lord! Your young friend! She is awake, but... I'm afraid there were complications.... she doesn't have much time. Please, c-come with me."
You waste no time, and go with her.
She takes you to the Hospital Encampment in a small park in the residential part of the city. Holly has been given her own little tent, as par your request. When you step inside, you find her laying in a large medical bed. Her right arm is missing, and she has a large bandage wrapped around her stomach. "Gabriel?" she says ever so softly. The voice of someone that is dying. She is covered in cuts and bruises that have been stitched shut.

What do?
>>
>>44103479
Research the governor, see if you can figure out his mental state.
>>
does repair gel work on organic matter it worked on the gate earlier?
>>
>>44103725
Ask what is wrong.
If nothing can be done...try repair gel.
>>
>>44103747
>>44103751
these
>>
>>44103751
>>44103747
Sounds pretty good
>>
>>44103725
Nono
It was suggested to find books in the dwarven and gnomish languages
Not books on dwarves and gnomes
>>
>>44103747
>>44103751

"Whats wrong, Holly?" You kneel down beside her. She laughs.
"Oh nothing. Just a few cuts." She jokes morbidly. She never looses her smile though. "One of the bastards caught me off guard. Got me good in the gut." She takes your hand. "But the city is safe." She coughs a bit "That is all that matters." You look down at her sadly. You have a thought! Repair gel! It worked on the Gate, right? It could very well work on Holly!

Someone roll a d100
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44103808
>>
>>44103725
can we furiously scan our memories for a method or healing we might possibly have been given?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44103808
We didn't even get to fuck her, you sick bastard!
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>44103808

Welp
>>
Okay.

Now someone roll a 1d20+3
>>
Rolled 1 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44103851
>>
Rolled 14 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44103851
>>
Rolled 16 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44103851
>>
Rolled 3 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44103851
>>
Rolled 20 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44103851
>CON roll
>>
>>44103806
Yeah, i thought that too.
Any books in those languages, op?
>>
>>44103822
>>44103824
>>44103830
>>44103840
>>44103851
>>44103861
>>44103863
>>44103875
>>44103882
>>44103883

The repair Jel does NOT heal Holly. The strange sticky goo slides onto her body and seems to sit there, like it is pondering, before is slides back into you. You can feel your tank refilling.
Holly cups your face with her remaining hands. "Its okay Gabriel." she says softly ."Its okay." You are overwhelmed with emotions you don't understand.
Grief: How could this happen? Why Holly?
Guilt: If only I had stopped the General faster, she might have been safe!
Anger: Why did you stay with her!? Why couldn't she have come with you?!

>>44103883

Your core (and eyes) turn a sad blue color. You hug her, and she hugs you. This could be your last moment together. So many things left unsaid. So many things left undone.
But something amazing happens. Your core sparks, like its malfunctioning. It shocks Holly, and she yelps in pain. Across your vision flash the words 'Critical Emotional Situation - Derivative SILVERCOG activated.

While I whip up the next part, try to remember the name Silvercog. Who ever remembers it gets waifu for laifu
>>
>>44103962
>Aida Silvercog
Our creator.
>>
>>44103962
>>44103983
It was what we chose when we filled out the questionnaire she gave us.
>>
>>44103962
>>44076186
Here she iiiis.
>>
>>44103962
fuck you and your runescape bullshit
this better be good
>>
>>44103962
Actually, I
>>44103983
>>44103989
might be wrong. While that was chosen, in your update >>44076529 you actually say Leucilla. Which was a writein >>44076347 that didn't get any seconds. Interesting...
>>
>>44103962

You have no idea what is happening. Nothing in all your memory imprints helps you, but as if a miracle has been performed, Hollys wounds begin to heal. The light in her eyes, that was slowly fading is now bright and shining once more. She holds her belly, and tears the bandages off in confusion. The large gash that was once there is replaced with the same strange, organic looking stone that makes up your joints.
What is this? Why is this?
Holly is, naturally, scared and confused. "What in the fuck?" She yells. Her voice is much stronger now. Much more alive. "I... I don't. What was that?" She asks.
You are baffled.
>>
>>44103983
>>44104016

I mixed the two names people came up with. Her name was Leucilla Silvercog.
>>
File: yay.gif (297 KB, 133x119) Image search: [Google]
yay.gif
297 KB, 133x119
>>44104055
>>
>>44104055
"As unbelievably happy I am for your recovery...maybe we should ask the college about this. Or the limb replacement people...either one might be knowledgeable."
>>
>>44104068
Ah, okay. Perfectly fine by me. Rather like Leucilla as a first name anyway.
>>
pretty sure we are bound by the hip now.
i don't think she can repair her new rock hard abs.
>>
You stare, dumbfounded. "I. I..." You don't know what to say. She hugs you. You hug her. Its time to be happy, not question things.

After settling down, you finally say. "I... I am unbelievably happy for your recovery... but, maybe we should ask the College about this." You say. You are trying to avoid looking directly at Holly, she is standing there is her bra and panties, stretching.
Shes jumping with energy. Literally. It makes it a bit difficult to focus. "See the College? about what?"
Jiggle
J i g g l e
J I G G L E
NO! Focus!
"Have the College look at... that." You point to the strange new slab of organic rock that is her side.
"Oh that. yeah. Thats a good point." she calms down a bit. "Just let me get some clothes. Can you go ask the nurse to get me some?" You do so, and the nervous nurse brings Holly the only thing she could find, a cute blue sun dress.
Holly is annoyed with the selection, but puts up with it.

OP thinks it time for bed. submit your final quotes from Gabriel, if you wish.
>>
>>44104189
Were there any books in dwarvish or gnomish language?
>>
this is going to draw quite a lot of attention.
>>
>>44104215
I misread the original post about that, but Gabriel has a full understanding of both tongues so the point is moot

>>44104221
Never a dull moment!
>>
>>44104189
Are we still keeping track of relationship points? Do they even matter at this point?
>>
>>44104235
The point is that the language is rare and they might be untranslated by others.
We could find an original and read what someone might not have read in ages.
>>
>>44104266
no, they really don't.
I kinda wish I hadn't come up with them, but hey, what can ya do?
>>
>>44104290
Indeed, I doubt many people are left who can translate those languages.
A book written only in dwarvish could have valuable information.
>>
>>44104356
While there are many many books in the library, none of them are written only in Dwarf and Gnome. Something of that celiber would be in the Imperial Library in the Capitol city.
>>
>>44104310
Just a reccomendation for you but I might suggest implementing a rule for your rolls. Going with 'best one you roll' is fine and all but you might want to limit it to something more like 'best of first 3(or 5 etc.)' or 'best roll in next 3 min' or something. I say this as its likely anons will just samefag until they roll a 20.

Note that I am not complaining about the events in the thread, I'm just suggesting this so things don't get out of hand.
>>
>>44104189
If we had failed the rolls, would she have died? If so, what would you have done with the lewd stories?
>>
>>44104435
You make a very good point anon. I will likely do that in the future.

>>44104437
If you failed the con roll Gabriel would have been greatly weakened for a long while, and Hollys recovery, while it would still have worked, would have been much much less effective
>>
The point of Hollys recover was to establish a powerful link between the two characters, as well as show that Gabriels creator put a few surprises in him
>>
>>44104470
so what did the d100 roll do?
>>
>>44104481
I wrote my self into a corner with the repair gel, you see. Wood is inherently organic, and the gel worked on wood, so why not people?
So I though well the gel just isn't advanced enough to do that. Because magic or something. But I thought 'eh. They areally thinking about this stuff, might as well give them a chance. So I decided that if anyone rolled 90 or higher it would work. But it didn't. Hence the con roll.
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.