[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you justify a young but high-level psyker character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
How do you justify a young but high-level psyker character?
>>
File: Akira.jpg (46 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
Akira.jpg
46 KB, 1024x557
Why justify it?
>>
File: 1426993881967.jpg (366 KB, 700x891) Image search: [Google]
1426993881967.jpg
366 KB, 700x891
>>44071909
Natural skill or inherited, essentially having the required skills to be at such level from whatever reason you choose, and having used that power.

If you mean what specific reason, it could be
>LMAO MY DAD IS A GOD
>LEL I'M THE CHOSEN ONE
>I TRAINED FOR AN INFINITY IN MY PAST DEATH AND NOW I HAVE REAPED THE GAINS I SOW IN MY CURRENT FORM
>I SACRIFICED THE UNIVERSE I HAD ONCE DWELLED IN FOR THIS
>I AM A MARY SUE
>I AM AN ANIME MC
>I ONCE SAVED ALL OF EXISTENCE BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE BELIEVE IN ME
>Some fuck put some drugs in my pop rocks which reacted within me in a ridiculous stroke of luck giving me superpowers and now I fight crime because what else can I even do
>>
>>44071909
They were born with very strong psychic abilities.

They aren't very old yet

Gee that was hard.
>>
>>44071909
A talented psyker body-swapped with a young person.
>>
They're part ayy lmao.

Like their mom or dad fucked an ayy lmao.
>>
high level powers but poor discipline, abilities go awry frequently
>>
>>44071909
>>44071977
>>44071952

>How do you justify a young but high-level psyker character?
What kinda psyker? 40kids psyker? It's genetic. If they manifested their powers at 7 they can easily be like 16 upon being finished.
>>44071948

>I SACRIFICED THE UNIVERSE I HAD ONCE DWELLED IN FOR THIS
That is hardcore.
>I TRAINED FOR AN INFINITY IN MY PAST DEATH AND NOW I HAVE REAPED THE GAINS I SOW IN MY CURRENT FORM
Fucken. Eclipse Phase. PCs.
>>
>>44071909
>psychic awakening during childhood
>black ship gets warp phenomena during warp jump and ends up on terra to early
>psykers homeworld is terra, so he needed not the black ship transport
>psykers homeworld is in solar system and his blackship was on way back to terra, making his journey short
>a crazy biomancer shifted his flesh to that of a younger version
>he is a crazy biomancer that shifted his flesh to look younger
>>
Why should I justify psy powers in the first place?
>>
>>44071909
Psyker gets old and powerful
Uses his power and influence to mold an infant to be his new body.
Possesses it once he can do so, destroying the body's previous soul.
>>
>>44071909
While others typically embrace their psychic prowess at a young age, this typically leads to eroding of the mind.

The PC hated or didn't want the powers and resisted using them aside from a few bursts that slipped through. Because of this, their mind has become strengthened and used to the strain psy powers put on a body, and as a result when they wish their powers have more output.
>>
>>44071909
Children have a faster neural growth rate than adults.
That, and your psychic power level is mostly based on how bad you are predisposed to migraines genetically.
>>
>>44071909
That's how most lore works.
>>
>>44071921
Why contain it?
>>
>>44071909
Psychic or magical power is the easiest to fluff as separate from experience, just say the psyker was born with OVER 9000 psychic power and be done with it.

The only reason you even think it's weird is that you're scared of separating rules and fiction. Yes, you level up by experience, but the idea that literally every person starts off at lvl 0 or whatever is not lore, it's just game balance.

If you do it without having shitty physical stats and skills you're That Guy though.

And if you're doing it because you think that some kind of loli dpser is a good thing to bring to the table, please kill yourself.
>>
File: tetsuo_by_clonerh-d5236o0.jpg (226 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo_by_clonerh-d5236o0.jpg
226 KB, 1280x905
>this is how I Alpha Psyker
>>
>>44071909
Trough bullshit and soecial snowflake-ism
>>
File: 53401315_p0.jpg (994 KB, 2032x2990) Image search: [Google]
53401315_p0.jpg
994 KB, 2032x2990
Psychic abilitys are usually gnetic anyway right?
>>
Natural ability.

Natural ability enhanced by drugs/experimentation/artifact.

Non-natural ability through drugs/experimentation/artifact.

Young manifestation age.

Young manifestation age and immediate and intense training regime since...

There's a lot of things that could be going on.

>>44071969
Evil but nice.
>>
>>44071909
pretty sure in 40k this is not at all out the question given how the warp works

it's demons
>>
>>44071909
got them from an artefact?
>>
>>44071909
Natural talent, now do what she says or she'll send you to the cornfield
>>
>>44072914
S'cool
>>
File: Alpha.jpg (43 KB, 750x419) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.jpg
43 KB, 750x419
>>44073283

This is how I Alpha.
>>
File: 846.jpg (27 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
846.jpg
27 KB, 446x336
>>44071921
>>44073283
>>
>>44071909
How do you justify a young but high-level wizard character?
How do you justify a young but high-level melee character?
How do you justify a young but high-level rifleman character?
How do you justify a young but high-level autist character?
>>
>>44075243
>How do you justify a young but high-level wizard character?
Soul transfer.
>How do you justify a young but high-level melee character?
"Expirements."
>How do you justify a young but high-level rifleman character?
Mind transfer.
>How do you justify a young but high-level autist character?
It's fun to make fun of CWC.
>>
>>44071921
Aren't his powers the result of experimentation? Which means they are justified in the sense of having a narrative reason to exist?
>>
>>44071909
Why would you need to justify that?

It's a young, powerful psyker. Done.
>>
>>44071909
psychers are born with their powers, if you need to read the book Carrie for an example.
>>
>>44075295
>It's fun to make fun of CWC.
I've been wanting to make a CWC-like villain for a long time. I should get on with that.
>>
>>44071909
mommy was sniffing too much Spice during pregnancy
>>
File: bester_b5.jpg (22 KB, 451x566) Image search: [Google]
bester_b5.jpg
22 KB, 451x566
Did someone say there were under-aged, untrained Psychics her-

O lawd.
>>
>>44071909
Character was an Experiment

There would usually be a trade off for strong Psychic abilities in any setting. You would gain great power, but at a cost; what that cost is, all depends on the fluff.
>>
>>44083575
I know what the cost is for my settings.

YOUR HEAD FUCKING HURTS.
I use this as a cost because I secretly hope my debilitating migraines will one day cause power geysers and shit to start happening. Because it really feels like they are about to happen.
>>
>>44083609
It reminds me of the WH40k vs <insert fantasy setting> threads we have here on /tg/

People always go into it with some sort of premise that puts one side at a huge advantage. Like Saitamas power is obviously not allowed, but DBZ powers are still perfectly fine.

>well, we will assume that psykers don't work because they are fighting in X universe and there is no warp here
>your strongest person instantly falls to the warp and becomes your own greatest enemy
>gork & mork infinite power

I've never played anything 40k, or read anything 40k. I just find it funny.
>>
>>44083597
I share your pain. Although I usually just wish they would make my head explode so it'll be over.
>>
>>44083738
I personally prefer people who come up with Zerg vs Tyranid threads and don't immediately come to the conclusion that the minute they come in to contact its like sweet sweet love between symbiotic bio-masses. Their offspring would be great.

This vs in particular happens way too often for my tastes.
>>
>>44083810
>implying that the tyranids aren't already the hybrids, millions of years later, with Amon as Overmind
>>
>>44071909
>psyker
>No one talking about 40k
?
Am I missing something? I'm not even a 40k fag and I'm pretty sure OP spelled it the right way.
>>
>>44084901
It's called "Excuse to talk about something not related to /tg/"

No one gave a shit about what he posted, beyond the picture.
>>
>>44071909
Kid's a natural
>>
>>44071909
As had been said, she's not young she's just short.
Like she doesn't even have a loli body in universe, she's just small and obnoxious.

For young high level psykers you just make her a genius, the same way 11 year old gooks can be attending university.
>>
File: hidden01.jpg (75 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
hidden01.jpg
75 KB, 320x405
>>44071909
Some psykers are better.
>>
>>44071909
A powerful psyker child who keeps being thrown at increasingly deadly odds in hopes that something will kill it.

It hasn't worked.
>>
>>44071991
>Eclipse Phase
Neotenics a best for minmaxing. Add Reduced Size and Social Stigma (Neotenic) to humanoid biomorphs for an extra 20 CP to spend.
>>
>>44071909
PC or NPC?
As a PC?
"I rolled wierd, got the minimum starting age and minmax tier psionic stats, so I'm a kid but have incredible psychic power. I wreck face with my brain but can't legally smoke or drive a car yet... It kinda sucks."
As a NPC?
"He's a incredibly powerful psycher, but also 7 years old."
>>
>>44090324

I want to do this, but you know, perils of the warp.
>>
>>44078998
Kind of reminds me of a bit of writefaggotry I saw awhile back, it was basically describing a CWC-Ville setting similar to Paranoia, but with Chris-Chan in place of Friend Computer.
>>
>>44071909
The GM says it's okay.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.