[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My players want to run a GATE themed game. I thought the show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: GATE.jpg (588 KB, 1900x1708) Image search: [Google]
GATE.jpg
588 KB, 1900x1708
My players want to run a GATE themed game. I thought the show was fun to watch, but no way realistic. How does /tg/ think things would go down if a fantasy world invaded Japan like in the animu? Or should I change were the portal is? Any thoughts tg?
>>
>>44070684
Japan is fine, if you dont mind weeabo stuff.

A lot depends on which fantasy setting you are gateing to. As far as what would happen if gate...I think its pretty acurate. The Gate world does not have rampant magic the way say, Greyhawk or Golarion or Toril would. And the result is pretty much what you would expect when modern army goes against roman legion.

You open a portal to Golarion though, and you have things like ancient, intelligent dragons, centuries old litch lords, and other monsters that can change reality on a whim, and suddenly you wind up with a setting that looks more like pacific rim than gate. It all depends on where ya go.

Then again, its an anime about a magic gate opening up to a fantasy world, how much realism do you want?
>>
File: jojo 63.png (609 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
jojo 63.png
609 KB, 1600x800
>Elder dragon shows up to claim Japan as his own.
>Invisible force blocks his breath weapon like it's nothing.
>Only a stand can beat a stand.
>ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA bitch ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
>>
>>44070759
Jolene still the best, even if she/he is still allergic to mexican food
>>
>>44070684
How was it unrealistic, aside from the obvious fantasy elements?

If you pit a modern army against a fantasy army that doesn't have some sort explodey anti-armor magic, the outcome is going to be pretty obvious.

I could see the modern army easily setting up shop in the fantasy realm and drawing all sorts of people to it in a sort of pop-up settlement around the base, like in Gate.
>>
>>44070803
I meant the no other nations invading as well. They US would be required to.
>>
>>44070819
Invading Japan?
>>
>>44070819
That wasn't unrealistic, that was just politics.

They made a whole plot point out of how the entire world wanted a piece of that sweet fantasy real estate. They just couldn't openly violate Japan's territory.
>>
>>44070824
Through the gate, I think.

From the standpoint of foreign relations the United States could easily drum up a reason why they had to act on this. It is, afterall, an attack on sovereign territory under the protection of the united states.

Is it an excuse for 'murica to fuck with fantasy shit? Yes. But allowing for weird applications like this is the price Japan pays to spend next to nothing for the full military defense of the US.
>>
>>44070824
Invading fantasy world.
>>
File: elf gal.png (243 KB, 580x800) Image search: [Google]
elf gal.png
243 KB, 580x800
>>44070861
Hey when we take over fantasy world they can buy sexy elf bitches.
>>
>>44070878
I just said why America COULD drum up a reason to invade fantasy, not why they SHOULD. But yeah, being the world's foremost exporter of sexy elf bitches should sort out America and Japan's economic problems for the foreseeable future.
>>
I want to play a character in the party that gets filthy rich off of selling guns to fantasy 'freedom fighters'.
>>
>>44070943
So America, basically.
>>
>>44070915
Also nekos and the like.
>>
>>44070803

It's not realistic in the fact that the creator is a massive JSDF/nationalist.

Like the part where reservists in the JSDF beat spec-ops from the US, Russia, and China.

Also the fact that the JSDF would pretty much roll over and let the US handle it. As would most of Japan's citizenry and it's government.

Getting nuked twice after having your entire nation pretty much burned to the ground through firebombing, your military smashed into pieces, and losing all the territory outside your home islands tends to do that to a country.
>>
>>44071022
>Like the part where reservists in the JSDF beat spec-ops from the US, Russia, and China.
I'll give you that, but protagonists gonna protag.

>Also the fact that the JSDF would pretty much roll over and let the US handle it. As would most of Japan's citizenry and it's government.

>Getting nuked twice after having your entire nation pretty much burned to the ground through firebombing, your military smashed into pieces, and losing all the territory outside your home islands tends to do that to a country.
Nationalism, nationalism, nationalism hooooooo!
On day one of being assaulted by fantasy forces, the Japs notice the JSDF is more than sufficient to push their shit in. What earthly reason would they have to let another state's military march into their territory en masse to claim valuable new resources?
>>
File: ccVyk4y3.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ccVyk4y3.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
check the ep again. The JSDF pulled out. The Russians, Chinese, and Americans were all blowing the crap out of each other and blaming the Japanese - until they all ran into each other later in the episode. Of course, two seconds after that they had Rory and that definitely counted as better things to worry about.
>>
>>44070856
US literally has more military bases in Japan than Japan itself does.
>>
File: module_gi-joe_2x.png (34 KB, 440x200) Image search: [Google]
module_gi-joe_2x.png
34 KB, 440x200
>>44071022
>This anime ain't about Americans, therefore it ain't realistic!
Go watch G.I. Joe reruns, you spastic.
>>
>>44071100
If you believe that's the same as being able to strut in and seize any building you like, you don't understand the first thing about politics.
>>
Eh, any nationalistic/jingoism based series tends to suck a little cock here and there.

The premise was cool, but ultimately it kind of fell flat.

Needs more gates across the globe to bring everyone to a knife edge of cutting each others throats.
>>
>>44071022
It's not just Japan that's like that, mind you, South Korea, for example, fully expects the US to take control of their military and lead the battle should the North invade again.
>>
>>44070684

I think a game like GATE would be awesome, been half-planning one for a long time. Think I originally wanted to do it based off of a particular stargate episode I don't recall now.

What system were you planning to use for this? I myself was thinking of Savage Worlds, unless something better catches my eye.
>>
>>44071118
Its more of Japan's military command is effectively adjunct to US forces. The JSDF doing anything independently is a farce. At best, their naval arm is their best trained force but I don't see them shoving their boats through the gate. The ground forces are largely made of the people in Japanese society who literally could do nothing else with their lives. Scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Its the kind of thing that could mostly be fixed with a handful of allied advisers and a marine detachment showing up once and awhile. Possibly some other NATO types showing up once and awhile that they have some historical and training bonds with like the Aussies or the Brits. There's no reason they wouldn't work together since its a mutually beneficial relationship.
>>
>>44071109
> US SOF train Japanese SOF
> Somehow worse than the people they're training
maximum kekles
>>
>>44071193
>>44071022
>butthurt americans
Don't bother with GATE threads anywhere on 4chan, OP. people like these will come and shit it up.
>>
>>44071167
>Its more of Japan's military command is effectively adjunct to US forces. The JSDF doing anything independently is a farce.

So is a level 9 spell opening up a portal to a fantasy world in the middle of Japan
>>
>>44071265
Go back to raping Nanking, jap.
>>
>>44071109
Someone invading japan would without question have the yankees getting heavily involved. It's not something you can just write off.
>>
>>44070684
Ok, step one to making the show more realistic is to make it so that the JSDF loses any and all inital conflicts within a day
>>
>>44071324
>It's not something you can just write off.
Yes, you can. Author of the original manga is a far right nationalist. Dipshit probably believes that Japan is some kind of military superpower.
>>
>>44071350
I mean, you can. But then you get people with working brains calling you a dummy.

Since OP asked /tg/ how we'd do it, sidelining the JSDF for international task forces led by the Americans is the way to go.
>>
>>44070684
Whichever nation you host the gate in would die pretty quick from all the other nations trying to grab it. I'd at least stat varies forces somewhat because japs being better rangers than rangers, and every other nation literally being there for the ass kicking unexperienced japanese soldiers were handing out was absolutely terrible. Host it in a shithole. A country so crappy it won't matter to the world if they just sell the rights to any bidder or get rolled over. This will make any non-magical being on the other side woefully underpowered though.
Real problem is it more fantasy oriented or realism oriented cause this would drastically change the dynamics guns would play.
>>
>>44070759
>Only a stand can beat a stand.

Because they're like ghosts, and don't have physical bodies to damage with regular physical attacks. Anything that'd hurt a DnD ghost would hurt a Stand.

Well, assuming that we're not talking about the Stands with bullshit powers like Gold Experience Requiem, anyway.
>>
>>44071350
You're talking global politics and you're messing with our chickens and our chicken coops. We'd be on the scene in about -3 seconds because WE'RE japans local army seeing they aren't allowed one.
>>
>>44071324
They're fantasy knights and warriors pouring forth from a magical gate IN Japan, and they get beaten down by just the JSDF within hours of setting foot on nipponese soil.

Putting aside the fact that this isn't a realistic military scenario in any way, there's just no need for foreign military forces to get involved. Japan was attacked by an unprecedented, but vastly inferior force. Not a single modern nation is going to openly get involved in a situation that Japan already has under control, if the attackers have no legal status and may even end up being considered Japanese nationals.

The US military doesn't march into Germany every time a particularly large group of football hooligans gets somewhat rowdy.
>>
>>44071418
There is a difference between a rowdy football crowd and a portal to a fucking fantasy realm. Nobody is going to let retards like the japs maintain control over that shit while they have a chance of taking control themselves.
>>
>>44071432
And to do so would be by invading japan which isn't a option politically
>>
>>44071418
Please, we would almost immediately cut a deal with Japan's corrupt ass govt to go in to provide aid to modernize the living conditions of the people in the other side of the Gate.

Japan doesn't have the money or resources to develop it, or the clout to keep developers out, and they're too xenophobic to be worked with by individual corporations.

Let's not pretend there's anything realistic about that, and instead just have international politics be absent from the game entirely. They don't serve any purpose in the medium anyways except to let the author fanwank.
>>
>>44071443
>isn't an option politically
It absolutely is. You could consider the fantasy realm to be japanese nationals then say japan is building an army albeit with shit gear. Japans not allowed an army OR big boy toys. Politically they just asked for an ass kicking and you bet the first boot is gonna be america since theres more of us armed inside their borders then there are families with mildly sharp kitchen knives.
>>
>>44071432
There's a difference between an attacking nation and the fucking gate as well, you tool. The actual attack lasted hours and posed no credible threat.
>>
>>44071418
>there's just no need for foreign military forces to get involved
There is absolutely every reason for the states to get involved, and technically and (most importantly) legally speaking, they have every right to be from the word go.
>>
>>44071458
We get it. You hate Japan.

Could we for just a second stop treating them as corrupt, poor, ineffective, xenophobic cartoon villains and actually consider some realistic political implications, or are we going to keep this shit on a pre-teen level?
>>
>>44071443
They have permanent military bases on Japanese soil, and an agreement with the nation to act in its defense.

Politically, they're green.
>>
>>44071462
Didn't they just sign something or another to allow an army or at least foreign intervention?
>>
>>44071472
Except they don't. There's no legal precedent for this.

As far as open military action is concerned, no one will send in a single soldier until there's a consensus on the legal status of people on the other side of the gate.

Sure, there may be some cloak and dagger shit going on, but not a single nation, let alone AN ALLY, is going to fucking march into Tokyo and say 'Dis shit ours now'. That's how you'd get the UN to fucking implode.
>>
>>44071512
The UN is a joke. And Japan is a US client state. They exist because the US allows it.
>>
>>44071474
Yeah, you haven't actually been to Japan have you? There are a lot of good things about Japan, but they are pretty much one of the worst nations to be considered for interacting with a foreign fantasy world. And they would roll right the fuck over to let America deal with it for them so long as they were tossed a slice of the profits.

Honestly, most of their own population would be all for it because they know better than anyone else how fucking stupid it got the last time they tried imperialism. Getting nuked tends to drive a point home.
>>
>>44071474
You actually don't know do you? Japans government is actually corrupt on a massive level. Corporations can pay off people to get puppets in places of power to help their corporations succeed. This is why the yakuza is do deeply intrenched. You can pay a local government leader to stop a police investigation about a police death over there by literally walking into that government building with a wad of cash.
Their police forces are also effected deeply by this.
They're exactly as corrupt as that anon is saying. They're also intensely xenophobic since alot of their culture is based entirely around nationalism. The government even pays directs to include "subtle" propaganda. One movie shows a kung fu guy kill a russian bear in the boxing ring then an american top ranked boxer showing japan will beat the west and far west in anything. Businesses actually hire asian reps to go there because dealing with whites is considered "seedy".
>>
File: Valk_hero_vf3[1].jpg (477 KB, 1066x512) Image search: [Google]
Valk_hero_vf3[1].jpg
477 KB, 1066x512
>>44071022
>Like the part where reservists in the JSDF beat spec-ops from the US, Russia, and China.
Well it's the same country that produced pic related
>>
>>44071512
>no one will send in a single soldier
I'm not sure you understand. The states have thousands of soldiers there on a permanent basis.

Do you not know the military situation there? It's not cloak and dagger shit. It's completely in the open. If, in some fantasy scenario, the SDF has the remit to do something, the US does as well.
>>
>>44071529
Hey, how's life in the 1950s?
>>
>>44071505
Yeah. Our foreign intervention. Also we let them make a sort of standing army that can't deploy or have big guns.
>>
>>44071540
He's serious and its true. Their entire economy is dependant on us and thanks to their corporate based government leanings that gives us a ton of sway. We own them to a serious degree.
>>
>>44071512
This is a whole new world we're talking about. People have fought for far less, and a good chunk of current tensions in the far east involve for the most part minuscule islands. Do you honestly think nations will bother with keeping up to the formalities set by the UN without trying to get a headstart on that sweet virgin soil? Hell, it doesn't even have to be an open declaration, or a military operation, but you can bet that there would be a scramble amongst all nations to be the first to set a solid foothold within the gate...
>>
>>44071544
I meant this senpai

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33546465
>>
>>44071474
I get it. You don't actually have a counterpoint beyond "muh grorious nippon" so you just accuse me of being a preteen. Just go ahead and ignore how the world actually works so you can keep thinking it's the 80s when the tiny shit island was relevant instead of the stagnant pond it is today.

Reminder that since Russia started bombing ISIS we're besties only to cool off when our NATO ally Turkey shot down one of the Jets Russia was using in Syria.

Japan would have to pick one of the big dogs to work with, or have them come to a deal amongst themselves without giving a fuck about Japan. The US would far and away be easier to work with than China or Russia, although those aren't out of the equation.

But try to cock block for too long, and two of those groups will offer a deal to the third and little nippon will be irrelevant shit clay again.
>>
>>44071536
There's a difference between having forces stationed there, and having them move on a target.

Under the terms of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, the JSDF is responsible for handling internal threats.

Since the Gate is completely unique from a legal standpoint and the threat stemming from it is vastly inferior to even the corrupt, weak, and whatever-you-want-to-call-it JSDF, it would be politically retarded for another nation to just move in and seize it.

It's entirely credible that Japan would get a foothold in Fantasyland while the international community tries to reach a consensus on its status in the timeframe we're shown in the anime.
>>
>>44071540
I dunno. How is life in the 1980s where Japan is not a joke?
>>
>>44071584
>internal threats
Gate leads to an outside nation that is not an internal threat.
>>
>>44071574
>Japan would have to pick one of the big dogs to work with
Actually I'm not sure they'd have the option to pick. The US could just brute force it with the clout of already existing defense agreements and their already existing military presence.

Undoubtedly the Russians and Chinese would want in as well, but they'd have to deal with uncle sam.

>>44071584
I'm sorry but invasions from a foreign power don't actually fall under internal security.
>>
>>44071570
>Do you honestly think nations will bother with keeping up to the formalities set by the UN
If we're throwing formalities out the window, the gate is going to end up being either Chinese, Russian, or devoid of any practical owner in a desolated wasteland.
>>
>>44071598
There's no protocol for magical portals.

The other side hasn't been defined as either an outside nation or part of whatever nation the gate is in yet.
>>
>>44071613
No but it would be impossible to argue that fantasyland is a part of Japan. It's clearly an outside threat and would be dealt with accordingly. JSDF would be lucky to even set their foots in there before americans.
>>
>>44071533
>There are a lot of good things about Japan, but they are pretty much one of the worst nations to be considered for interacting with a foreign fantasy world.

I can think of worse. Off the top of my head: The Gate opens in Detroit. Nigger Lives Matter riots and looting ensue.
>>
>>44071641
>military intervenes
>unable to tell the protesters from the orcs and pigmen
>massacre
>crime rate plummets

We should be so lucky
>>
>>44070684
I think Japs would have enough strength to secure the gate and not let anything harmful through. Not sure how aggressively they would expand, that would probably depend on how they would sell the other side to the public.

After the dust settled though I imagine it would reap enormous rewards from becoming a trade hub with the other realm, unless other countries would figure out how to open more gates elsewhere, in which case it would still end up better off than it was to begin with but not by much.

In any case the fantasy creatures would be seeping and creating communities, bringing crafts, artifacts and creatures to the modern world while enterprising humans would begin a snowballing technological revolution in the fantasyland. I don't know about the setting but I imagine availability of new tech would start quite some arms races among the fantasy factions and tech consultants would be in high demands - well paid, abducted, or both.

Perhaps somewhere down the line, as fantasy world began to approach modern tech level, the nations of Terra would have to form a unified military alliance to defend the gate from aggression, or perhaps the two worlds would enter some sort of cold war, if you don't want or expect them to remain on friendly terms?
>>
>>44071572
Ahh. Yeah that won't last. Its a literal power flex showing his political might to detractors his party is currently sweeping up the "old ways" followers among government. He even switched up their army positions to show he controlled that as well. The citizens hate him and as soon as he's voted out it will go back. The public considers it asking for trouble.
>>
>>44071641
The army would came in and out the end to it pretty fast. In the end Detroit revitalizes with the automobile industry replaced with military bases and trading companies setting for the fantasy land.
>>
>>44071603
Well, yeah, but I like to pretend the possibility exists no matter how small. I mean, the US nuked Japan and they still like us better than China or the Russians. Hell, the Russians are a huge part of the reason why the accepted a full surrender.

Like I said, the most likely outcome is that they work out a deal with the US to be provided with contracts for Japanese firms in addition to American companies going in and selling blue jeans and coke to the natives. Japan gets a short term construction boom that puts off them having to do something about their horrible social pressures and hopefully gets them through their upcoming issues with their aging population. America expands its cultural hegemony and prevents its competitors from getting ahead.

See, America doesn't even need more resources, it just needs to control them and keep the petrodollar. It's always about power not oil.
>>
>>44071649
>detroit razed to the ground by romans
>rebuilt and made prosperous again
if only
>>
>>44070684

You play as a bunch of heroic knights that must trek past the GATE and somehow venture to the mythical city of Rome and enlist the aid of their long-lost Italian relatives who happen to run the Mafia in order to grease the palms of the powers that be and save your kingdom. All whilst fighting demonic lolis, raging nipponese nationalists, and weaboos alongside the more traditional fantasy monsters.
>>
>>44071109

butthurt weeaboo detected
>>
>>44071650
> Thinking Japan has the industry or economic strength to capitalize on the opportunities

If anything, Japan would go fucking broke trying to deal with the problems of setting up any kind of industry beyond the most exploitative of resource theft and colonization which would require the kiND of military projection Japan simply doesn't have the capability to do either. Korea would be a much better choice these days.

Military or economic expansion on that scale would simply require more resources than Japan has.
>>
>>44071638
>It's clearly an outside threat
Just saying this doesn't make it true.

The gate is in Japan, and we can expect the Japanese government to do everything in their power to have it be considered a part of Japan from a legal standpoint. They probably won't succeed (corrupt, ineffective, et cetera), but it will take months, if not years, to reach a workable consensus on this.

In the meantime, especially within the first few days of the gate appearing, ESPECIALLY after it's become apparent how laughably easy it is for the JSDF to defeat the fantasy forces, no one is going to take on the role of an international boogeyman and invade Japan, which is still a sovereign nation for all intents and purposes.

A weird-ass gate with an unknown quantity of land and resources on the other side isn't worth sacrificing several decades' worth of globalisation and international relations.
>>
>>44071677
Half this thread is the howling of asspained weebs
>>
>>44071680
>Military or economic expansion on that scale would simply require more resources than Japan has.
The amount of resources Japan has would have just increased by however much resources fantasyland has to offer...

Their capacity for military projection would be an issue only if the other side wasn't relying on medieval military technology.
>>
>>44071685
The thing is: japanese soldiers won't be ones to go through the gate. There is enough american ones already in Japan to handle it. And they will. While the japanese government might squeal about 'muh clay' the adults will handle the situation on the other side. Japan is in no position to argue with US on this.
>>
>>44071704
>The amount of resources Japan has would have just increased by however much resources fantasyland has to offer...
Exploring those would take years. You need infrastructure for this shit. The fuck are you going to do, pick up iron ore with your bare hands and transport to Japan for smelting? Stick a fucking straw in the ground and suck out oil?
>>
>>44071707
I'm not even american, dipshit. Just idea that Japan would be somehow able to to this shit independently is simply absurd.
>>
>>44071680
>simply require more resources than Japan has

>mfw the JSDF burns through their ammo stockpiles within a month
>mfw almost their entire logistics chain is dependent on NATO - aka the US

US has to get involved no matter what within a pretty short period of time, otherwise Japan is forced to revert to fighting with sticks as well.
>>
Depends on the setting and how realistically you want it to play out. Any D&D setting with epic wizards would absolutely annihilate any modern nation.
>>
>>44071707
The only thing masturbatory in this thread is imagining Japan is a militarily autonomous state
>>
>>44071685
>Just saying this doesn't make it true.
>and we can expect the Japanese government to do everything in their power to have it be considered a part of Japan from a legal standpoint.
That's being rather ignorant of japanese-american politics.

>how laughably easy it is for the JSDF to defeat the fantasy forces
Considering the response times of the two armed forces present in the country, I'm fairly certain it would be the americans who first mount a proper retaliation, and, given their legal obligation to defend the country from foreign attack, they'd be the ones forming the first expedition forces through the portal.
>>
>>44071705
>The thing is: japanese soldiers won't be ones to go through the gate.
There's no reason to assume this. Sure, the US has forces stationed in Japan. So does Japan, obviously.

When a bunch of weird fantasy reenactors start stabbing people in downtown Tokyo, it would be nonsensical to consider the US military the first option Japan would send in.
>>
>>44071418
>The US military doesn't march into Germany every time a particularly large group of football hooligans gets somewhat rowdy.
That's cause, again, we already have bases in Germany..... And it's likely anywhere from 1/8 to 2/3s of the hooligans are American citizens. We turn up wherever there's a fight. It's like a genetic fluke with our whole country or something.
>>
>>44071727
I mean, really, a single mid-level Necromancer capable of creating a Wraith would destroy us.

>Non-corporeal so can just hang out in the ground, popping up to attack civilians
>Flies at 60ft per a round
>Every civilian killed turns into a wraith under the original's control after 1d4 rounds

It would take a day to convert the entirety of Tokyo, a week to conquer Japan.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/wraith.htm
>>
>>44071704
Like >>44071715 said. You can't just "build Moar pylons". Not to mention that the people who live there are going to, you know, want shit on exchange for taking all their resources. And even low tech insurgencies are demoralizing and Goddamn expensive.

Best Japan could hope for if they want to control it themselves is to pass some sort of Prime Directive minimal interference where they act as guardians or stewards, training the natives to develop themselves. Which only works in Star Wars.

Anyways, you're a moron for not realizing some opportunities are simply too big and you will go broke before seeing the payoff and someone else will pick it up off you for a song after you've done the hard work. This is real life, not school or your parents house.
>>
>>44071704
Do you know the first thing about logistics? Do you have any idea the amount of resources it would take even to occupy a small parcel of land, regardless of opposition?

It's the reason the US lost asymmetrical wars like Vietnam and (arguably) Iraq. Arming, feeding, clothing and supporting soldiers abroad is expensive as fuck no matter who you're fighting.
>>
>>44071743
>Japan would send in
Us would send them in, not Japan.
>>
>>44071474
>We get it. You hate Japan
No, you don't get it. We, as Americans, are possessive of Japan. They may be annoying little creeps at times, but they're OUR annoying little creeps.
>>
>>44071752
Whoops. Meant Star Trek not star wars.
>>
>>44071753
>Arming, feeding, clothing and supporting soldiers abroad is expensive as fuck no matter who you're fighting.
Except when you're desperately trying to assert that the US could do just that in Japan to seize a magical gate, apparently.
>>
>>44071769
>japan and the US are economically equivalent

There's just no getting through to you, is there?
>>
>>44071769
US does shit shit ruitently, they have resources, industry and enough military to do this shit. Japan? Not so much.
>>
>>44071769
The Americans already operate most of Japan's military logistics. They're literally already better supplied in their marine bases than the JSDF is.
>>
>>44071769
>could do just that in japan
They don't need to fight japan, you nonce. Fuck, in the unlikely event that the US forces weren't the ones to respond to the invasion, the japanese government would be turning to them fucking immediately for military aid.
>>
>>44071765
Well you have Ewoks and Gungans in Star Wars... although these didn't need external training, just motivation.
>>
>>44071769
>Japanese defense budget: $42 billion USD
>American defense budget: $664 billion USD

This thread is hilarious
>>
>>44071707
>jingoistic
People are criticizing jap nationalism.
Jesus christ man, this is like israelis pretending they could have handled 1948 wothout foreign aid.
>>
File: leebinpresidentotrump.jpg (22 KB, 520x293) Image search: [Google]
leebinpresidentotrump.jpg
22 KB, 520x293
>lel im teh ebin murica bad guhy, i hete teh jalapino way of life because my writer needs to sucks jalapino dick obsessively
>>
File: 1392620164861.png (113 KB, 760x1023) Image search: [Google]
1392620164861.png
113 KB, 760x1023
Set it either in Russia or America.
>no weeb shit
>both actually have armies worth something, so you won't have to wank your nonexistent and shitty army and having to make everyone else completely retarded to make yourself look good
>Americans swiftly defeat the invasion forces and immediately launch a counterattack, after a few minor setbacks manage to safely get inside and operate aircraft and start blowing shit up
>Russia completely encircles the gate and holds the line until they can get a shitload of artillery and tanks to it, then start a slow and methodical armored onslaught with heavy artillery support
>during the fighting their special forces are destroying or seizing anything that is important and can be held with only infantry
>both are powerful enough to send in the majority of their military while still maintaining a sufficient presence to deter any would be invaders

Or even better, have it set in some near future. America and Russia are on better terms than ever, the gate opens in some neutral country. After their army only manages to hold the line, Russia and America team up to invade hell because reasons. Throw in some supporting countries and you can have fun with a wide variety of military equipment.
>>
>>44071759
>Us would send them in, not Japan.
Not without consulting Japan.

The assault from fantasyland roughly equaled a particularly nasty riot, nothing near what we'd consider a 'serious' invasion anno 2015. The US wouldn't consider it necessary to immediately go over the Japs' heads for a non-threat like this.
>>
>>44071641
Hah. There's so many guns in Detroit, there'd be even less loss of life than in the anime.
>>
>>44071064
>I'll give you that, but protagonists gonna protag.
Uh dude, protagonists were chilling out at that time. Eventually loli death priest thing finished the spec-ops, but reservists did get a few of these elite soldiers. (One of which was black! Only the US has black operators!)
>>
>>44071800
>The US wouldn't consider it necessary to immediately go over the Japs' heads for a non-threat like this.
There is magical shit going on. Americans would jump righ on that shit.
>>
>>44071799
>Gate opens in Syria
>ISIS flees into the other world
>The 'Fuck ISIS Coalition' follows
And that's how the US and Russia became buddy cops.
>>
>>44071799

How is the gate actually opened?

If it's from the other side and random, it could pop up anywhere. If it's backed with divination, it should open up somewhere in Africa.

If it's a byproduct of some particle accelerator mishap, it's justifiable in America, Europe or Japan. Does Russia even have comparably big experiments?
>>
File: Stinkmeaner returns.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Stinkmeaner returns.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>44071802
>Elvish army invades Detroit
>Gets their asses handed to them by Black Gangs because of superior firepower and the inherent might of Black Rage
>>
>>44071800
The consultation would go a little like this
>Hi Japan, we heard there's a magical portal over there that could lead to untold exploitable resources. We're sending in the marines, tell your muppets to stand down or we'll shoot them, thx
>>
>>44071800
>The US wouldn't consider it necessary to immediately go over the Japs' heads for a non-threat like this.
The other world would be reason enough, but I'm pretty sure the states would still make some kind of agreement with the japanese government. Probably involving a bunch of allied nations so they could keep the dirty ruskies from getting their claws on things.
>>
>>44071815
>Does Russia even have comparably big experiments?
Well, they have that deep-ass hole in the ground they drilled once.
>>
>>44071827
Nah, that's for the sequel: Invading Hell.
Orthodox priests blessing autoloaders while American Paladin artillery fires in mass.
>>
>>44071814
ISIS wouldn't flee, it would send preachers across and create an evil empire on the other side.

And anti-terror coalition would probably take a long time to even consider making a ground operation to sweep them on this side and push through, only to find that their side of the gate is now a deathtrap.

Even if the fantasy kingdoms eventually managed to beat them on the other side, they would assume that they are representative samples of what awaits across the gate which would be bad for future relations. Or, if IS ideology took root there, well...
>>
>>44071822
You're vastly overestimating how fast anyone would be willing to accept the existence of a magical portal.

>>44071825
>The other world would be reason enough, but I'm pretty sure the states would still make some kind of agreement with the japanese government. Probably involving a bunch of allied nations so they could keep the dirty ruskies from getting their claws on things.
This is something that would play out after the initial attack. At that point, Japan will already have had boots on the ground in fantasy land, making them the only country with actual intel on what's on the other side.
>>
>>44071854
>At that point, Japan will already have had boots on the ground
Japan has to go through a lot of red tape to even deploy their SDF (which includes having to deal with the states), so no, the USA would have boots in fantasy land far before anyone else.

The agreement would be after the fact.
>>
>>44071820

That would actually make for quite an interesting scenario. Similar to District 9 in which criminal gangs gain a lot of power in the new territory. Thousands of poor Detroit citizens pour into the fantasy realm, some to seek new opportunities but others who use their superiour weapons to carve out small empires. Basically warlords controlling peasants. Local governments collapse and the US is left with a scenario similar to the old days of Westward expansion. The challenge then becomes to establish US control over the fantasy world which is now akin to the wild west, only far more violent than even Hollywood imagined.
>>
>>44071844

Well dang, ISIS actually have firsthand experience of fighting the sort of things one might see on the other hand of the GATE, and if they can convert plebs there...
>>
>>44071854
I think he also overestimates how fast anyone would be willing to commit to violence to get to it. I'd say that there would be some heavy diplomatic arm-wringing and violence would not even be necessary to arrive at satisfactory agreement. Satisfactory to the stronger party at least.
>>
>>44071854
>Japan will already have had boots on the ground in fantasy land
So? They can just get back to Japan and let the grown-ups handle the situation.
>>
>>44071854
You're right, the US embassy would take news footage of dragons flying around as an elaborate nip prank and dismiss the entire thing.
>>
>>44071866
Internally? Lolno.
>>
>>44071880
This isn't an internal problem. It's external.

Pick a place that isn't japan and things can get really fucking interesting, but a portal opening in grorious nippon means dealing with the american military having almost free reign.
>>
>>44071880
Fantasyland is not an internal threat, and you can be sure that US would point that out faster than japs would figure out what happened. Face it, Gate will belong to the US, or because of some shenanigans to China. Japanese aren't even an important part of this scenario.
>>
>>44071418
Soccer hooligans are not a SOVEREIGN ENTITY. This makes the world of difference. Hooligans don't have industrial might behind them. Fantasy it may be, The Empire was capable of launching three offensives against them before being whittled down.

What truly bothers me about the gate is how other nations are represented as purely incompetent. I love the Military Wank in it, but actions of other political nations make no fucking sense in this show.

>Otherworlders show up in Japan, welp better kidnap them
Maybe Xi would be stupid enough to do this, but America would just straight up send a diplomat to them. Russia would do the same. Japan could try to block it all they want, but they wouldn't want to be seen as international bullies preventing diplomats from coming and going.

>Lets just send in the JSDF with no foreign advisers, non combat experienced troops, and while we are at it, lets use outdated tech.
Even if they outright said "NO" to American Force deployment, There would be American Advisory Staff present, and at least a Battalion of Marines on security detail. Honestly having a small number of Non-Japanese military personnel would parallel the main theme of the narrative of Culture vs Culture. Showing the Otherworlders that " Holy shit the other side is just as politically diverse as our own and we really got in over our head."

Not to mention that after a few month of Deployment out of the US pocket (Camp Alnus isn't cheap by any standards) America would either pull funding and cause an international incident, or just go in anyway because its their money and they have the political authority because Japan was attacked by a foreign power.

>No combat experience in any way or form. Veteran Military units
Um...wat? I get that there will always be an old breed of soldiers that is just used to the military life style, but combat experience is a VERY important factor that determines doctrine, tactics and unit cohesion.
>>
>>44071880
They do. Even if they didn't, the JSDF would be relegated to pure supporting roles. They might be in control of the scene for about half an hour before marines show up from the US army base five miles down the road. That would pretty much be the end of their direct involvement with the portal.
>>
File: orkea.jpg (53 KB, 509x435) Image search: [Google]
orkea.jpg
53 KB, 509x435
>>44071902
>Soccer hooligans are not a SOVEREIGN ENTITY
The Orks Disagree
>>
>>44071875
They could, but they have no reason to. There's a fucking treasure trove of resources on the other side that only they know about for the time being. And they have control of the only way to access it. And it's defensible as fuck, being a gate that larger vehicles need to go through in single file.

I'm not buying into that 'hurr durr the Japs don't have the resources to exploit resources' malarkey. You start small, and expand once the cash starts to flow. Ethiopia could do this shit.

>>44071878
It would cause a shitton of confusion and intense deliberation, not the immediate deployment of forces.
>>
>>44071929
>They could, but they have no reason to.
The americans came in and ask them politely to fuck off. What are they going to do? Refuse?
>>
>>44071929
>It would cause a shitton of confusion and intense deliberation, not the immediate deployment of forces.
That goes for the JSDF as well, and saying the japanese would deploy troops before the americans is more than a little optimistic given the TURRURRISM scares we've seen internationally.
>>
>>44071902
>Soccer hooligans are not a SOVEREIGN ENTITY.
Fantasyland didn't exactly send an information package ahead of their military, informing the international community of their legal fucking status.
Fags in reenactment gear showed up in Tokyo en masse and started stabbing people.
>>
>>44071929
>start small
I really don't think you understand logistics of military ventures and the extreme reliance on external suppliers Japan has.
>>
>>44071929
The immediate deployment of forces is the American response to shittons of confusion, family.

Also you really need to read a book on logistics. Maybe a pop-up book.
>>
>The Gate opens up in Strasbourg or Brussels.
What happens?
>>
>>44071972
europe explodes again

fucking anything could happen
>>
>>44071972
JSDF takes it over with katanas and bushidos. White piggu BTFO
>>
>>44071942
Why are you so eager to assume the US would risk the current state of international relations within the West by strongarming an ally into surrendering a portion of its capital?

I'm counting the Japs as part of the West here, deal with it. Whether they like it or not, they've become a Western nation in Asia.
>>
>>44071929
>You start small, and expand once the cash starts to flow.
You need to build roads, refineries, mines, foundries, hospitals and fuck knows what else while supling your guys with petrol, medications, food and all that jazz. This shit will either cost more money than Japan has or take decades while somehow blocking any other country from being involved.
>>
>>44071985
>strongarming an ally into surrendering a portion of its capital?
The burgers have every right to act in the defense of the nation, and a direct line of entry into said nation is an enormous security issue.

The japs aren't surrendering anything, they ALREADY surrendered those rights to the states.
>>
>>44071985
Because there is nothing to risk and nobody who would need to be strongarmed.
>>
>>44071972
Well the stereotype commands that I say "literally nothing", but as has been recently demonstrated, Brussels are capable of locking city down. It's also headquarters of NATO so it would have american military deployed very quickly.

Strasbourg would go down similarly. Stereotypes aside, French military doesn't fuck around either.

As to how EU/NATO would deal with the otherworld nations, I dare not guess. I imagine the politicians would argue how to approach the issues while nation states would rush to start/prepare their own missions independently.

Also border protection would not be worth shit.

Oh right, and a huge wave of immigrating persecuted orcs would happen :^)
>>
>>44071950
I don't think you understand how little military resources this would take. It's an industrial/commercial venture that will require minimal military support, given the tech level of the region being exploited.
>>
>>44071985
>strongarming an ally into surrendering a portion of its capital
Because it's under attack by an outside force. It's not strongarming, it's working for Japan's security as US was doing for decades. US is not risquing shit aside of few japs whining about not being able to shoot natives.
>>
>>44072008
>given the tech level of the region being exploited.
Yeah. Because we all know that technicians are immune to arrows, poison and stabbing. Precisely because the place has little to no real infrastructure you would need military protecting every little thing you would be doing or someone would set fire to your new refinery or poison your water supply.
>>
>>44072008
Animes have ruined your concept of reality friendo.
>>
>>44071972
The Belgians/Netherlands handle it initially, likely reach out to military aid from France and Germany for supplies while it trickles up to the US command and diplomatic chain and observers in the immediate duration. Then the EU spends a week deciding what to do economically about it.

US-backed logistics have been gearing up for whatever expedition they consider. Likely based on intelligence provided by the Belgin SFG.

Strasbourg would be another kettle of fish because France actually does have the military might to go it alone for quite awhile. Not that they would, it would be diplomatically responsible of them to invite their close allies of the UK, US, and Germany to assist and observe. Later likely invitations to other NATO members would occur but those four would probably be the first response. The Swiss might get an early observer invitation as well.

It'd be a good opportunity for the French Foreign Legion to do some recruiting.
>>
>>44072013
>Otakus will finally reach for arms when they realize US military intervention is actively keeping them from elf waifus
>>
>>44071789
1948 is not the war in which foreign aid mattered Anon. Israelis outnumbered the Arabs in 48. What they lacked was equipment, and they lacked equipment because they received no aid. You're thinking of 73'.
>>
>>44072056
cute idea, but a bunch of fat nerds trying to take on the armed forces of any nation is a not going to end well
>>
>>44072072
Yeah yeah, it's only good for comedic value and maybe as a plot for a pervy manga.
>>
>>44072072
Unless its American fat nerds, because there's enough of them heavily armed to actually be a credible thread to most people who would try to invade the US mainland.
>>
>>44071947
>Giant portal opens
>Out comes organized military
>LITERALLY declares their sovereignty
>Begins a Total war against another Sovereign entity

It'd be no different than if extra terrestrials (technically it is) showed up and did the same.
the use of swords doesn't magically make this less of an issue.
>>
>>44070684
GATE is shit and unoriginal

Look up ISOT scenarios, look up Nazis in Fantasyland, etc.
>>
>>44072091
american fat nerds would be shot dead by american police officers before they even made it to the army
>>
>>44072055
>FFL recruits 8 feet tall burly orcs and magic loli elves.
Why not.

>They come out proper French citizens after a few years.
I'll have the loli elves, yes please.
>>
>>44072055
>French foriegn Legion
>Goes into gate

Anywho heres our Bunny Warrior Battalion
>>
>>44072109
He's talking about the foreign legion recruiting people from other nations to go and shoot fantasy creatures.
>>
>>44072001
The US has everything to lose. Japan isn't the Middle East. It's already lost the battle against the modern Western ideology. It's been taken into the fold.

Openly force a sovereign 'Western' nation to surrender a part of its territory, and suddenly Middle-Eastern notions of the US as an imperialistic invader will start to take hold among your 'allies' as well.

That's what you have to lose. The image you've been exporting for nearly a century.
>>
>>44072110
Well, they *could* send a gypsy detachment through the gate to secure a source of copper and rare metals...
>>
>>44072119
I think it works both ways. The FFL doesn't discriminate, they're completely capable of recruiting the same people they're fighting if history is any indication. All you gotta do is learn French and follow orders for the term of your contract.
>>
>>44072045
That must be why no one has ever been able to harvest wood from the Amazonian rainfo-waaaaaait a minute.
>>
Gate set in Europe now

>European initial military victory
>Set up outpost in magical land
>Start getting economic migrants from gate-world applying for VISAS
>Start getting leaking GATE culture into Europe, new religions, new ideas
>Racists start foaming at the mouth, demands to close the gate

Series is set in a pub in Copenhagen with an elf trying to get a 15 hour job so she can claim a student grant. She then gets attacked by a bunch of "human first" thugs and saved by our perky, audience insert, nice nerd... who knows fightin' for some reason.
>>
>>44072123
This is so delusional I'm not sure where to begin.

Why is it so important to you that Japan be a player on the world stage instead of America's kawaii kickball?
>>
>>44072123
Mate, you're arguing something that already has happened. The US is already in the green politically and legally. Its literally a non-issue for all parties involved. The Japs don't even like their own military by and large, they'd be fucking happy for the US to go die for them as long as they saw some of the money from the venture.
>>
>>44072105
There is also this novel series where hell tries to invade earth and gets its ass kicked.
>>
>>44072131
Yeah.
They recruited a fuckload of germans and italians after both world wars.
>>
>>44072123
>The US has everything to lose. Japan isn't the Middle East.
Right, it's Japan. And the US has NOTHING to lose from deploying its armed forces in response to a foreign attack on japanese soil. Absolutely fucking nothing. That's what all those american military bases are for, unless you've forgotten.

Funnily enough, it would be the JSDF that would have to go up against a wall to deploy through the portal, since it extends beyond their remit as an internal security force. Even deploying peacekeeping forces is extremely difficult for them.
>>
>>44072145
I'm fond of the Destroyermen series where some WW2 destroyers and a Jap battlecruiser get shunted off to a new world and get caught up in a war between raptor people and lemur people.
>>
>>44072145
The Salvation War, yes.
And then heaven's army gets nuked, and Jesus wasn't commanding them because he was smoking crack elsewhere.
>>
>>44072140
It's not about being a player on the world stage. It's about having imported the culture of 'the West'.
>>
>>44072154
You have some sort of weird delusion where the entire world is immediately aware of the full extent of what the gate is and what is on the other side the very second it opens.
>>
File: 1433059384946.webm (2 MB, 374x288) Image search: [Google]
1433059384946.webm
2 MB, 374x288
>>44072131
I'm not into weeb shit so idk about GATE creatures. But if they aren't vastly superior to human soldiers and are unable to fight exactly like humans, there is no point.
>>
>>44072140
It's actually you who is delusional if you think that America actually has kickballs.

It has plenty of leverage, sure, but extent of its influence is still limited, and demanding a chunk of an allied, civilized country is beyond those limits.
They can get away with violating international law easy enough if the victim is seen as "evil" or too irrelevant to care about, but actual aggression against close ally like Japan would not go down well. Because who would care about maintaining good relations with USA if they saw how little these were worth?
>>
>>44072159
So you want to go back to before 1853?
>>
>>44072169
And you have the seriously bizarre delusion that the americans would not respond in force to a military invasion on their doorstep.
>>
>>44072172
Its pretty much just elves and monstergirls. They're pretty much human.
>>
>>44072174
>but extent of its influence is still limited
Not with regards to military matters in japan. I'm not sure you actually understand the relationship between the JSDF and the US armed forces.
>>
>>44072159
As well as our military.

>>44072174
We already control several dozen chunks of Japan including nearly half of Okinawa. Please stop pretending to know what you're talking about regarding US/Japan relations, military presence, and international law.
>>
File: 1385260890542.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1385260890542.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
I wish you'd all fuck off back to /a/ and /k/
>>
>>44072169
And you have a bizarre delusion that the other powers wouldn't be foaming at the mouth to establish contact with them.

I mean, the fact that they exist alone would be cause enough, and I don't know if you actually read the series but pretty much everyone knows that there's foreign empires on the other side of the gate that attacked Japan 3 times.

You live in a world with cell phones, anon.
>>
>>44072211
>>44072221
You make it sound like Japan is literally nothing more than an American colony. I find that difficult to believe.
>>
>>44072174
>but actual aggression against close ally
It's not aggressive, you dipshit. It's taking care about Japan's security. If north Korea somehow attacked Japan US would not intervene because japs would try to get some clay out of it? Are you nuts? US taking care of the gate is exactly what they would be expected to do.
>>
>>44072244
As far as military matters go, its true. Japan is almost completely subservient to US chain of command and has chosen to remain so since WWII.

South Korea has a similar defense relationship but is far more autonomous and less limited by legal documents.
>>
>>44072244
When it comes to their military? They basically are.

It's a strange scenario.
>>
>>44072244
I invite you to do some reading on the subject, then, instead of getting your information from an anime plot device designed to allow aimless otakus to shoot dragons into a land of loli elf waifus.
>>
>>44072244
It is a client state.
>>
>A gate appears in Japan
>5 miles of the coastline
>on the ocean floor
What happens?
>>
>>44072244
As far as it's military is concerned? It is. It's been that way since their unconditional surrender after WWII, and Japan LIKES it that way. Especially since they had Russia and China breathing down their necks, and by reinvesting in the American economy with the funds given to them to rebuild up until the 90's it meant that they essentially got their shit protected for free.

The whole resurgence of Japanese nationalism is a response to the shit economy and poor prospects of the younger generations in recent years. They're looking for something to be proud of now that Korea has taken their position of high-end technological powerhouse that's internationally relevant, and pretending that they didn't sell out their military sovereignty to the US of A is an easy out.
>>
File: 1429563437519.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429563437519.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>44072236
Why? Educating weebs is fulfilling. Poking holes in dumb fiction using real-world nations doubly so.
>>
>>44072269
Mermaid waifus? China claims extra-territoriality and the US parks 2 carriers on top of it?
>>
>>44072269
A ridiculously high pressure water gun leads to the destruction of everything on the immediate other side of the gate, the world notes a very very tiny drop in sea level after several decades.
>>
>>44072269
https://what-if.xkcd.com/53/
>>
>>44072271

I agree completely. From Muv Luv to Full Metal Panic, anime seems to have a hard grasp of accepting Japan isn't the number one super power, but the issue is... it's fictional escapism.
>>
>>44072138

Gate set in North Korea now

>Rest of the world isn't entirely sure what's going on in North Korea, satallite imagery reveals that NK troops and armour are massing in a particular location nowhere near the country's borders, but are then disappearing.
>North Korea state media issues statements that an "internal security matter" is being resolved.
>South Korea goes on even higher alert, fearing some kind of stealth attack through immense tunnel networks
>Confused intelligence reports point to the North Korean army fighting hordes equipped with swords and pikes, analysts conclude a peasant uprising has occurred.

The question would be whether the most secretive country on the planet would be able to keep the lid on an event like this.
>>
>>44072304
Yeah, but its not fictional escapism we enjoy. It'd be better escapism if it didn't bend suspension of disbelief so utterly. Especially when someone asks how we'd do it.
>>
>>44072308
Something this big would get out probably. If not the the world en masse but definitely to the China.
>>
>>44072304
I seem to remember Full Metal Panic being not so bad for that. The mercenaries were all multinational organiazations, and most of the time you were dealing with russian or american-funded militaries. I mean, aside from being set in japan, the nation itself didn't have much to do with anything.

Granted I never bothered checking out the sequel so maybe it got worse.
>>
>>44072329
And the Chinese can't keep a secret to save their lives so it'd probably be common knowledge to the movers and shakers within a few weeks.
>>
>>44072308
> NK gets BTFO as it's military is literally too starved of materiel and more importantly food to pursue an aggressive war

> Empire on the other side initially institutes a "scorched earth" policy so that the obviously malnourished and ravenous NK army can't supply in the field

> Counter-attacks, only to be pounded by artillery

> Third invasion is successful since NK now has no military resources left. China counter-invades to "support" NK regime. Seizes control of the portal and begins shipping NK citizens through and seizing land as "reparations" while using the NK citizens as a cheap pre-indoctrinated labor force while committing genocide on the humans on the other side and absorbing the monster races as secondary citizens (but still better off than they are in the Manga).

> Monstergirls are rumored to be a cure for impotence, resulting in a mass exportation of them in sex trades and as purchased wives for the remaining men of China who are victims of the 1 child policy and massive female infanticide

> Japan spontaneously ignites from jealousy.

> Russia claims that there's a Russian Minority being oppressed by getting one of the Humans out to lobby against the genocide happening

> Other fantasy kingdoms create their own portals to Russia and the US, bypassing Europe as they don't appear to be militarily strong, resulting in proxy wars throughout the magic kingdom. Magic nukes are researched, and somehow Japan gets one that shuts down gates.

> Japan transfers it's entire population through to fantasyland, then nukes all the gates so that it can be Grorious Nippon once again

> Gets fucked as remaining assets in Fantasy Land unite and collectively push Japan's shit in since they are unbearable to the Fantasy Land race by being super racist even though they're their "saviours". Make the mistake of allying with remnants of first empire shit-humans so everyone else who is now in power hates them since they want to keep the power they've seized.
>>
>>44072281
5 miles off the coast, we'd very likely see oceans drop by 50~100 meters. Maybe by 200~500.
>>
>>44072398
Global warming fixed?
>>
>>44072342

American submarine crew hunting the T...whatever the fuck the mercenaries submarine was called. Then he gets angry and strikes his first mate and such? Or the American unit that goes to Camelstan and all act like racist assholes out to prove something to a small child.
>>
>>44072105
Fuckin hell I miss Nazis in fantasyland, one of the few good quest threads
>>
>>44071127
Yeah, but imagine instead of the entire NK military invading it was like 1000 guys with pointy sticks who commit looting, vandalism and a few murders that everyone is more confused about than threatened by (including North Korea).

In which case the US is unlikely to take over military operations.
>>
>>44072417
>Or the American unit that goes to Camelstan and all act like racist assholes out to prove something to a small child.
No those were just more mercenaries, from another, considerably more retarded branch of the same organization the protagonists are from.

The submarine stuff is.. yeah, the result of having a magic sub running around against regular, realistic submarines.
>>
>>44071553
Kind of the opposite of everything MacArthur stood for even despite his track record of Governor of the Philippines but OK if you say so dude.
>>
>>44072423
It was several legions and they had motherfucking dragon cavalry. Not worth shit but gets attention. Not to mention the literal thousands of nobles that were meant to rule the newly conquered area. It wasn't a small force at all. It was a foreign army attempting to conquer. By invading Japan they declared war on the US.
>>
>>44071074
mmm, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hate gate for reasons you can guess and this scene is exactly what I wanted to see.
>>
>>44072404
The oceans-raising problem part of it, yes.
Now, I'm p sure the oceans going down that far is going to fuck up our fishery industry, freight's getting rekt by the new isthmuses, routes and how much farther away from the old coast everything is.
And uh, the new land will be useless for a longass while.
>>
I think a lot of people are forgetting that the US bases in Japan are only there because the Japanese government and military want them there.

All they have to do is give a 1 year notice if they want to completely terminate the TMCSUSJ, or 6 months notice if they pass a bill that moves or removes any of the US military bases without terminating the TMCSUSJ (which they have several times before).

The minimum term expired in 1970, Japan no longer has any enforceable obligation to allow US military assets within its sovereign territory.
>>
>>44072456
Technically, yes. But it is legal for Japan to ask the US to not intervene in any war Japan becomes involved in and the US would have to stay out.
>>
File: 4324542434324.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
4324542434324.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>44072503
>>44072488
>Americunts got wrekt
>>
>>44072488
HAHAHAHA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Then Japan gets it's teeth kicked in, the Diet loses power, and the US occupies an already disarmed people.

Japan is a client state.
>>
>>44071794
Well he is Donald Trump.
>>
File: 7548475814_1b5716e8a6_o.jpg (352 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
7548475814_1b5716e8a6_o.jpg
352 KB, 800x533
>>44070684
Play it as a UN peacekeeping mission
You can have PC literally from any nation and it dilutes the imperialism stuff
GATE is a whitewash of Japan occupation of Asia during WW2
>>
>>44072516
>>44072503
Are you insane? Japan is effectively a protectorate client state. By Attacking the Japan you are at War with the US. Japan doesn't GET to consent.
>>
>>44072503
For sure, but they'd definitely be asking for an american response, or at the very least military support if they hadn't deployed in some capacity already.
>>
I'm actually planning on a campaign like this, save for magic is leaking into reality and fucking everything up, gates are the size of windows so big guns can't fit, and the magic world can actually fucking fight back.
>>
>>44072488
>>44072503

And Russia or China moves in and wrecks the ever-loving FUCK out of Japan while America just sits back and say "What, you asked me to leave, now you want me back in?"

I mean, do you think there wouldn't be any immediate or severe consequences to these actions? That Japan would somehow be able to get enough production out of this hostile land they're trying to invade and conquer with a self defense force and a bottleneck portal to replace the immediate loss of trade and imports?

Do you think the Japanese people themselves would even want to do this, or just some zealot ultra-nationalists?
>>
>>44071118
The US is legally obligated by treaty to step in if Japan enters in a conflict, it's even part of Japan's constitution.

If the US doesn't, then it loses the rights to all it's military bases in japan AND must pay fair market value for both the land the bases are on and back rent from since the bases were first constructed.
>>
>>44072519
It is generally considered incorrect to invade your allies.

>US: You want help with that or what?
>Japan: nro honarabu amerika is fine des
>US: Ok, cool.
>Japan: i am grad we are friendo
>US: WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HELP ME
>Japan: nani?
>US: I AM INVADING YOUR COUNTRY FOR NO RASIN AND VIOLATING ALL OF MY TREATIES WITHOUT NOTICE
>Japan: honarabu amerika why
>US: SOME FUCKING MORON ON AN ELF GAMES BOARD THINKS THAT THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO
>UN: bruh
>US: H̸̛͇̱͓̪̹͖̩̲̀E̴̢̲̱̫̯͍͙̹̤̗̩̝̮͕͚͖͘͞L̵͕̘̙͍̦͇͖͎̜͔̼̙͚̻̹͖͈̕͟P̷̞̭̜̤̠͍͕͜
>>
>>44072567
>AND VIOLATING ALL OF MY TREATIES
American military forces acting in japan's defense are not a violation of their treaties, you colossal retard.
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>44072535
>doesn't GET to consent
>>
>>44072546
>Russia or China
>successfully invading anything
>2015

Anyway, despite Japan downsizing US military presence over the years the US military itself has been completely fine with this, and the relationship between us and them is still exceptionally strong.

Just because Japan could ask the US to stay out of one war doesn't mean they will ask the US to stay out of ALL wars.
>>
>>44071296
Shit up and burn more kids.
>>
>>44072567
Iraq was a US ally, Hawaii was a US ally, and the US made treaties with the native tribes all the time. The US never has played by the rules.
>>
>>44072576
>Japan gets it's teeth kicked in
>US occupies
This doesn't sound like acting in Japan's defense. It sounds like a hostile invasion and occupation, bucko.
>>
>>44072617
So what you're saying is the US is the greedy evil empire that GATE paints them to be?
>>
>>44072626
US is occupying the fantasyland which is NOT part of Japan and no international court will claim differently. And gate and surrounding area wouldn't need to be occupied, but protected by american forces for Japan's safety within the established framework of ally intervention.
>>
>>44072592
Japan gets to ask the US to stay out of a war, sure.

Japan does not get to ask the US to stand by while it invades and exploits and entire new world.

If Japan wants to suddenly think it's one of the big boys and play hardball with it's greatest military and economic ally, then it gets to learn just how hard America can play.

> 2015

> Russia just took out Ukraine

> Only American Carriers keep China from claiming vast amounts of territory

> Against Japan, which has dick all for it's SDF.
>>
>>44072641
Any successful empire is greedy and probably somewhat evil.

But who do you think is going to treat foreigners better? The land of the Free, or the Xenophobes who don't let 3rd generation people born on their soil be citizens?
>>
>>44072581
Unconditional surrender. By all rights Japan should have been stripped of Statehood, national identity, culture, and reduced to nothing more then a US trade outpost and taxable region with no representation. That is how history usually treats conquered people.
>>
>>44072626
The various units in the various military bases sallying forth and enforcing some kind of martial law to rebuild/reorganize the country in the wake of an invasion force is fairly reasonable. If Japan for some reason decided and succeeded in telling the Americans to back off and let them handle things, that's probably the way things would play out.

Realistically though, they wouldn't be refusing american aid. If the yanks weren't first to respond to a surprise invasion, the government would be calling them in immediately because of the vastly different experiences and capabilities of their armed forces.
>>
>>44072644
>almost 2016

>Russia just took out a small part of a third world slav shithole that happened to be a part on their electric and water grid

>Only American consumerism keeps China from claiming vast amounts of territory because it is many times more profitable to just make all the shit that the US adopted a services economy and killed off heavy industry for

>Against Japan, which has dick all for it's SDF.

1/3 is a failing grade.
>>
>>44072650
>The land of the Free, or the Xenophobes who don't let 3rd generation people born on their soil be citizens?
By November next year the US is going to be the later, dude.
>>
>>44072641
The US was founded by rebels, has always acted as rebels, and sees themselves as rebels. Most Americans don't give a fuck about other nations as long as we are doing good. Just because we are the same species doesn't make us brothers.
>>
What are they going to call the service ribbon for that crap?
>>
>>44072719
>Most Americans don't give a fuck about other nations as long as we are doing good.
Ever notice that we've been giving a fuck about other nations an awful lot since the end of WW2.

If that's the metric that you're using to measure how good the US is doing we're on the same level as fucking Zimbabwe right now.
>>
>>44072696

> Russia has pretty much direct access to Japan, and could drown them in bodies

> China could buy Japan outright if it weren't for the fact that they would get nothing of value

Japan is entirely reliant on the US for defending the integrity of it's borders. I'm honestly not sure what kind of rock you're smoking to try and claim that Russia or China wouldn't be able to wipe it out in a month. Longer if they wanted anything to remain intact, but let's not pretend to not know how it would end.
>>
>>44072733
probably some sterile acronym
>>
>>44072737
because it benefits the US to do so.
>>
>>44072759
Just admit you said something slightly dumb.

It's ok, dude.
>>
>>44072779
Why is it so hard to understand that Americans don't care about the other nations? Most of us don't even leave the US.
>>
File: 1449629983098.png (291 KB, 345x345) Image search: [Google]
1449629983098.png
291 KB, 345x345
>tg
>good board
what the fuck happened to you guys
>>
File: 1447624816219.webm (1012 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1447624816219.webm
1012 KB, 600x338
>>44072592
America won't be happy about Japan kicking them out just because they want the GATE land all for themselves. And for that to even happen the tensions would be high anyway.
And without the threat of the US counterattacking any invasion on Japanese soil Russia and China will go mental.
Russia can just steamroll through Manchuria. It would be a complete slaughter if Japan had full forces, but now that they are engaged in invading GATE land Russia can probably effectively take over and control Japan, as long as their economy permits it.
China doesn't even have to bother with that shit, they just buy out like 70% of Japan and then just march to Tokyo and raise a red flag.
>>
>>44072802
>/pol/
>Australian summer.
>newfags
>cancer from quests that has metastasized
>This is a good thread you retard, /tg/ was always good and fun and quirky!
Pick your favorite.
>>
>>44072802
Weeb invasion.
>>
It's one fucking thread on the board, during hours that aren't even peak, with posters forming a minuscule subset of the base.

What are you smoking, it's never been good anyway.
>>
>>44072802
>liking shitty anime
>>
>>44072798
Most are too poor, but that's beside the point.

You said "most Americans don't give a fuck about other nations as long as we are doing good".

Which leads me to believe that you think the US is doing horribly because foreign policy has dominated US media and congress since mid last century.
>>
>>44072802
>tg
>ever good
>>
>>44072828
Mr. Bongle Bungles the Beyonders was pretty already.

Oh, wait, no. I was thinking of Henderson.

> Le Ebin Derailz

I mean, it was a nice enough read and kind of funny but then people started thinking it was real.
>>
>>44072567
Fuckin' THANK YOU. At least one other anon gets it.

>>44072617
Hawaii was sabotaged from the inside out and handed over to the US on a single platter. Besides, international politics were volatile as fuck during that period. It's not comparable to today.

Iraq was an ally of the fucking Soviets, you plank.
>>
The big thing in Gate is that its not DnD.
That means that Divine creatures are a shitload stronger than Magic creatures.
Minotaurs are legit 1 man armies that shrug off artillery barrages due immunities and insane Constitution Because they are Divine.

I am not even sure if Drakes are intelligent in Gate.
>>
File: 1448842619788.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1448842619788.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>44072812
>Russia can just steamroll through Manchuria.
What? Where do you think Manchuria is? What the fuck?
>And without the threat of the US counterattacking any invasion on Japanese soil Russia and China will go mental
Unlikely, both Russia and China trade extensively with Japan. In this age of globalization disrupting trade with someone you are reliant on can have dangerous consequences, especially if your economy is as fragile and prone to bubbles as China.
>Russia can probably effectively take over and control Japan
Why are you even bringing up Russia? Russia is poor and internally fucked right now, and on top of that is currently involved in both the Ukraine and Syria.
>China doesn't even have to bother with that shit, they just buy out like 70% of Japan and then just march to Tokyo and raise a red flag.
Are we talking about a board game?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.