[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the single worst fumble you've ever had? >our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 762x1048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 762x1048
What's the single worst fumble you've ever had?

>our party is exploring a dungeon
>doing fine. A few knock outs but no real danger
>find a guy who put a price on our heads, along with his buddy, some bug bears and some spooders (he was "the black spider", go figure)
>battle starts, one bug bear gets decimated, then I one shot black spider's buddy (an NPC bad guy the other party members met before)
>barbarian goes to fight spiders
>fumble, he almost one shots our fighter...
>...if not for me diving in to take the blow
>32 damage in total, fucking ouch
>8HP left, but AC is high enough that I'm not terribly worried
>party wizard gets caught in spider web
>roll to break him out
>fumble. Shit
>fumble table roll
>GM laughs and has a shit eating grin
>SHIT
>"You tear so hard you rip open a portal to another world, and from it comes a black dragon"
>FUCKING RUN!
>drake kills fighter with all of his acid breath, steals his magic armour and fucks off to his dimension
>Black spider never even landed a single blow before me and the barbarian had slain him

I think pic is unrelated, but I doubt there's many pictures of black dragons flying out of fumble portals
>>
Rolled sense motive so badly I started suspecting a rival but well-meaning group of adventurers in wanting to destroy a pacifist monastery for no reason. Ended up derailing several sessions in minor ways by convincing the party of my suspicions and making them antagonize the rivals and repeatedly cock block them until the miscommunication was settled, though we needed their help to advance.

That said "you rolled so bad you accidentally tore a hole in reality lmao xD" is pretty fucking retarded. It is rarely funny even as a joke, and if the GM attempts to pull that in the game you should pelt him with d4's until he backpedals.
>>
File: 1391989891261.png (63 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
1391989891261.png
63 KB, 367x202
>roll to shoot enemy
>nat 1 and the shot ricochets back
>nat 20
>>
>>44059638
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc
>>
I would gladly that dragon.
>>
>>44057783
I don't know, but the single worst fumble you've ever had was using that image, then trying to get people to pay attention to your post.
>>
>>44061526
So......do you like the image or...
>>
>>44057783
"Ahaha that's amusing and funny GM, but what really happens?"
>>
>>44057783
>party wizard gets caught in spider web
>roll to break him out
>"You tear so hard you rip open a portal to another world, and from it comes a black dragon"
>drake kills fighter with all of his acid breath, steals his magic armour and fucks off to his dimension

What the fuck kinda game are you playing? This is some paranoia-level silly shit. If that's the game your's doing, then is sounds like it's all in good fun. Don't know why you are upset.
If you are trying to play a 'serious' game? Fucking kill yourself, or quit the shitty DM's game. Also never post again thanks.
>>
>>44063600
Not him but I do
>>
>>44063774
Well the game is on a lighter tone (not so much "lolsorandom" as "eh, shit's going down but you can have fun doing it) and I'm not upset at the events. If anything it's a damn funny story looking back, if a little terrifying to the party at LV 4. Plus it'll probably not happen again, given it's a D100 roll after fumbling

If it does, and we're leveled up enough though, the revenge will be the sweetest
>>
>>44057783
Your DM a shit.
>>
>crit fails on dnd skill checks

This is how you can tell the shit-that-never-happened stories from never-really-play-/tg/ anons.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.