[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sun Knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: warrior-paladin-spear-light.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
warrior-paladin-spear-light.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
So Im running a 5E campaign and about to introduce a new group, The Sunfire Knights. An order of Paladins, Fighters and just about anyone who wants to take the fight to the undead and dark powers. I have most of the ranking done on the knights except for the 4 general type figures and their leader. I was thinking Archon but that sounds way to angelic to me. I just need a title/rank befiting the theme that is the Sunfire Knights.
>>
The Knights believe that all arcane magic is inherently evil, with warlocks, necromancers and cultists being the worse. They go around cataloging mages in their lands and they regularly cremate their dead and exhume the dead in conquered lands, and cremate them to prevent necromantic tampering.
>>
>>44050247
Candle's Thrush: A title for the newly initiated. One who has sworn their vows, and begun the training required to become a Sunfire Knight.

Morning's Robin: A title for knights who have completed their training, and are now fully initiated into the order. These are knights whom have yet to actually defend their vows -- they have the skills necessary to do so, but have not been sent to quell any threat.

Noon's Falcon: A senior knight, whom has always been sent on at least one deployment to obtain this rank. Often times, knights choose to retire/exit the order at this rank.

Sun's Eagle: Similar to staff ncos of American military, those who choose to obtain this rank are placed in high-leadership positions. Oftentimes, an Eagle controls a group of at least Robins, and many are assigned to train Thrushes into Robins.

I hope some of this jives with you OP. I thought using birds as symbols would be cool. The head knight or whatever could be called the Phoenix or something as well, I suppose.
>>
Phoenix is a perfect fit.
>>
>>44050247

Redeemer-General.
High Solar
Adjudicator
Hierarch

Knight-Commander.
>>
Phoenician guard, or High Lords
>>
This is pretty interesting.
>>
>>44050247
In Ascending order of rank:

Knight Grand Solar of the Most Noble Order of the Sunfire Knights. Abbreviated KGS

Lord-Militant and Zenith Exultant of the Most Noble Order of the Sunfire Knights.(Dual titles for the leader, as both military commander and ceremonial official)
>>
>>44057569

Those sound appropriately badass! Especially Zenith Exultant!

>>44056326
Glad to hear you're intrigued by the concept, It's something I've been throwing around for a while. While not the most original, I wanted to put a new spin on it.
>>
How about General of the Ascendant Dawn?
>>
>>44057987
Glad I could be of assistance, OP. The titles are based on the stylings of British orders.
>>
>>44059035

I'll have to look into those further for future references. I didn't even think to look there, it's fitting for The empire on which the sun doesn't set.
>>
Blazing Purifier
Radiant lord
Knight of Supreme Incandescents
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.