[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Funniest Player Deaths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12
File: glubglub.jpg (16 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
glubglub.jpg
16 KB, 852x480
Post the most humorous player deaths you can recall.

For me, it was in my very first game. DM had us chasing this bullshit wizard whos special gimmick was creating portals. He could create a few portals at will, but most of the time where the portal ended up was decided by a D20.

We eventually corner the wizard in a castle. Rogue wants to hit him with a special poisoned arrow so even if he gets away, he'll still be messed up.

Holy Paladin decides rushing in blindly and fighting him 1 on 1 would be smarter.

Wizard ends up in the dungeon, and hides in a cell. Paladin bursts in and enters the same cell.

Wizard opens a portal, and GM rolls the D20. Ends up that the portal opened to the Elemental Plane of Water, and infinite ocean begins flooding the castle, starting from the dungeon.

The wizard portals away, and myself and the other players escape, but the Paladin in his full plate armor drowns. Inside a castle. Miles away from any major source of water.

Best part was, the rogue ended up killing the wizard with the same poisoned arrow he offered to use earlier.

Many keks were had
>>
I once played a game of Magical Burst where a player tried to protect themselves from a boss monster by putting up a barrier around their space.

Said boss-monster was one of those types who was literally merged with the environment and flooded the barrier with acid while the player were trapped inside.

I wasn't even being a jackass GM, I made it clear the other players could have helped her break the barrier in time if they wanted... but apparently abandoning their friend to avoid taking a few extra hits themselves was the better option.
>>
A robot character player bought a ton of remote detonation C4 and had planned to use it.

Without letting him know, we filled his backpack up with the stuff and he went to negotiate with some nasty people. Unfortunately the BBEG showed their face and with lackeys at the meeting, and surrounded our guy and were basically going to just curb stomp and kill him. Right before that though the BBEG gloated and asked him if he had anything to say about the situation.

Our guy said something along the lines of "Man, I wish I'd gotten a self-destruct mechanism."

It was a bit OOC but the rest of us looked at one another and without another moment's hesitation triggered the detonator and brought the building down killing everyone there. The DM was pissed as hell but all of us, even the blown up guy who hadn't known anything of what we'd done, were laughing for like 5 minutes straight.

Either that, or the character that hit a tunnel roof while fighting on top of a train.
>>
>>44049224
This is both terrifyingly depressing and funny to imagine. I'm picturing someone like slamming on the side of a fish tank as they're melting/drowning and the rest of the party being like "Nah, she'll be fine."
>>
I had one of my players die to little constructs that fired a modified magic missile. Pathfinder, of course.

He was level 5 or so, with MORE than enough experience knowing that was how they operated. These things had a weapon that, if used, fired 3d4s of fire damage that acted as Magic Missile. A single application of Shield, however, would negate their entire existence. The constructs would summon better things to deal with a shielded enemy, but that's besides the point.

Every time this party fought the construct army, there was no need to change tactics. The group routinely wiped to these things. It was horrifying. I added an NPC, who took them to a cave with time-displaced dragons.

They managed to cause a dragon apocalypse, falling over one another to stab the back of an ally for... Black market dragon egg sales?

Of course, when the entire setting goes from "we don't know what threat looms below" to "holy fucking shit those things were dead for 500 years and now they just took out a space ship," I begin to short out as a DM. The players also picked fights with set-pieces in the setting, desperately trying to TPK (or so I was led to believe).

We run Halo: Mythic now, in a scifi setting of my own design. They got notably less inclined to die, despite the fatality of this system.
>>
File: Female-Sci-fi-Spacesuit.jpg (1 MB, 1321x1898) Image search: [Google]
Female-Sci-fi-Spacesuit.jpg
1 MB, 1321x1898
Playing Eclipse Phase. we were on a space station that was in the process of being converted over to horrible techno-biological monstrosities. It was in the latent stage of the infection and a good 4/3 of the population swas still okay. But the stations systems were now working against us.
To keep information and people escaping the station had begun dismantlement of the docking bays, comms array and (unknown to us. The pressurized sections around these areas.)

Long story short we need to get to a comm array, send up a warning message and get off the station. Only one of us can repair the comm array. So we fight our way to the corridor. Only to find out that the way through is depressurized.

No problem. We scrape together a vac suit and we'll depressurize the corridor to shoot him across the opening and to the comm array room. We do just that. Send the poor dude hurtling through space and also hurtling through a nano disassembled cloud we'd failed to notice. BY the time he makes it across the gap and the cloud he no longer has a vac suit r the top several layers of his skin and dies of a mixture of decompression, asphyxiation and being disassembled at the atomic level.

We ended up having to blow the entire station. With us in it.
>>
>>44049007
>Playing grappler-monk in like DND
>First face-to-face encounter with the villian, a mechanic of the ghetto
>He says his goodbyes as he loads up his walking pimp fortress with hoes and mink coats
>Unleashes a mecha-Mammoth through a hatch
>We fight it and manage to kill it incredibly quickly
>As the pimp fortress starts to slowly move we realize the Mammoth is rigged with explosives because it's trunk is beeping
>Everyone grabs some gold-bars and pieces of art each and runs
>Meanwhile my brain is churning like a warp-storm
>Grab the Bomboth and leap into the air with it
>Piledriver it into the upper spires of the fortress
>It goes through the spires
>And the upper decks
>AND THE PLASMA REAC-
>Only the healer survives
>GM spends the rest of the evening headbutting the table
>>
>>44049007
Don't really have any good stories.
Best I could think of was more a "knocked out" player considerig the natute of the game.
We were fighting an enemy many, many levels above us and having a really hard time going about it, but thankfully our sorceror had optimized enough to have a really-high-damage skill that dropped the enemy health by a half, or basically "More damage than the rest of us could do together". Mind you this was his first turn, GM made it so that this meant the boss had a priority change, and attacked the sorceror.
He died on that one hit that didn't even roll really well.
He then stuck around for the next uh... 5 hours of combat, doing lord knows what.

The truest glass canon. And in the end his sacrifice was in vain as we lost anyway when that goddamn knight or w/e went " This isn't even my final form" and ass raped all of us each in one move or so.
>>
File: 1565498152.jpg (139 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
1565498152.jpg
139 KB, 319x480
>>44049224
That's pretty shitty on the other players part.
>>
>>44053301
That's...both horrifying and hilarious. In a Shaun of the Dead kinda way.
>>
File: Do You Like Bubbles.jpg (38 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
Do You Like Bubbles.jpg
38 KB, 300x228
>>44049007
At the end of an urban fantasy game I ran years ago, my players had fucked up pretty badly and brought about a zombie apocalypse I never planned for. But they ended up on the road from point A to B and pulled into a gas station to get more gas, where they were zerg rushed by "zombies" because someone failed a stealth check or something.

Anyway, one of my players had this pair of magic boots which were basically rocket boots. The fight gets bad really fast, and he says he's going to activate the rocket boots and jump-jet onto the roof of the gas station. I, and the other players, tell him this is a terrible idea because they're standing next to a car and a gas pump, and the nozzle has been knocked out and pouring gasoline on the ground for a couple rounds. This will create a fireball and kill the other players. He says he he doesn't care, because he doesn't want to die, and it's "what my character would do".

So he activates his rocket boots and jets onto the roof. A fireball explodes. One player had moved right before him, and she managed to run behind the building and dodge out of the way, and so barely survived. The guy trapped next to the car took the full brunt of the fireball and, miraculously, survived it. He had insane, super-human endurance, and rolled crazy well to soak damage, and lived.

The rocket boot guy, who had the longest living character in the campaign at that point, botched his roll and was instantly incinerated.
>>
File: Mind = Blown.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
Mind = Blown.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>44056525
In a fantasy game, I had a girl who wanted to play an awakened cat, essentially. So, they were fighting a T-Rex, and the cat runs up and swipes at it and claws its foot. Because it was Savage Worlds, which is a very ridiculous system, she kept aceing her damage dice and killed the fucking thing. Then it fell and I told her to roll to dodge away. She crit failed and was instantly crushed to death.

The rollercoaster ride of emotions on that one was one of the fastest and most extreme I've ever seen.
>>
File: Are You Kidding.png (525 KB, 8559x6141) Image search: [Google]
Are You Kidding.png
525 KB, 8559x6141
>>44056646
I ran a game of Scion a while back, which is an awesome setting and maybe the worst ruleset I've ever seen. At one point the players were at an airport in Texas fighting, essentially, the Cloverfield monster. One of the guys had driven out to the far end of the runway and grabbed the computer hacker, who was unconscious and bleeding on the road. He loaded him into the car and started to drive away.

Then the girl playing the sniper started mocking him over the radio that she was going to kill this giant monster, which would be one more monster she had managed to kill-steal from him. She did this because the character was supposed to be this very egotistical "great white hunter" guy, and the player was always talking about how awesome he was at hunting monsters, so the sniper girl just mocked him endlessly about how ineffective he was at it in game.

So this guy jackniifes the car and speeds back down the runway to try and zip in and gank the monster. The sniper shoots it in the head and kills it, and the Cloverfield monster falls. I roll for direction, and it falls along the runway.

I tell the guy in the car to make a driving roll to get out of the way, and he says he only has 1 rank in driving. I say it's an easy check, he'll make it no problem, just roll. It was, in fact, easy. He decides it's too risky, and uses a power to teleport out of the car instead. The monster falls on the car and kills the unconscious computer hacker in the passenger seat.
>>
File: Moment of Clarity.jpg (15 KB, 249x349) Image search: [Google]
Moment of Clarity.jpg
15 KB, 249x349
A player in a fantasy game was given an amulet of lava immunity so that he could reach into a pool of lava to retrieve a powerful weapon of lore. He did, and got the weapon, which was far more powerful than anything they had found up to that point, or ever found again in the campaign. It was supposed to be a really awesome reward for the group.

He then, for reasons he could only ever explain as wanting to test how it worked, crawled into the lava and sat in it. When I told him he was ok, he removed the amulet and handed it to another character. I had to open the book and look up what kind of damage lava even did, since I had not expected this. He was killed instantly.

Party never used the weapon because it was a throwing weapon, and none of them wanted to spend xp to open up the skill.
>>
File: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MONTRESSOR.jpg (78 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MONTRESSOR.jpg
78 KB, 720x576
>>44056713
I had two players, and they both roll up characters who are in a forest, a druid and a ranger. I was going to have them meet by fighting this hanging vines monster, but the ranger got their first and was snared. The druid runs up and is like, "oh shit dude, what's happening to you?"

Ranger angrily yells at the druid, threatening to kill him if he doesn't free him from the assassin vines. Druid player just looks at me and tells me he runs away. Ranger dies ten minutes into the game.
>>
>>44056525
>"It's what my character would have done'
Rules of nature bitch
>>
>>44056761
In a dungeon, the players enter a treasure room with a curtain at the back. One of them moves the curtain aside and a laser flashes out. He rolls reflex, fails, is turned to ash. Everyone goes "oh shit", and grabs the treasure and runs out of the room.

This one guy tells me he's curious about what happened, and goes to investigate behind the curtain. Everyone yells at him that this is a bad idea and tells me they are getting out of the room. I tell him it's a trap, he should probably keep going. He says he carefully pulls the curtain aside.

Rolls reflex, fails, is turned to ash.
>>
>>44056690
Serves that snoozing cunt right. Bet the sniper felt like a right tit after that.
>>
File: and nothing of value was lost.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
and nothing of value was lost.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>44056787
Guy brings his weird roomateto game, who is a furry, and a scaley, and other creepy things. I say he can play whatever he wants, so he asks to play a cockroach. I don't understand, and think he wants to make a human sized cockroach. No. He wants to play an actual sized cockroach.

He rolls up an intelligent, two inch long, bipedal cockroach with, like, skills. I think he was good at stealth, which at least made sense. His roomate's girlfriend stomps on him, killing him instantly.
>>
>>44056793
>felt like a right tit
As opposed to a left tit? Is that a good or bad thing to feel like?
>>
File: Weapon Mods.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Weapon Mods.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>44056822
I ran a Star Wars game when Edge of the Empire first launched. My players made a crew of mercs, gamblers, bounty hunters, smugglers, and the "engineer", who has only tech and medicine skills, is addicted to huffing starship paint, and has pic related as a character portrait.

The PCs get overwhelmed by some pirates because the combat turns out way deadlier than I had thought from reading over it, and they have to give up and be boarded. I have the pirate captain promise to drop them on the nearest planet if they surrender without a fight. The players discuss this and are not happy about losing their ship, but I sort of hint that this was my fuck up and I'll put them back on the path once they get to a new planet. They vote, agree to surrender, and all hand over their weapons.

The engineer says "fuck that" and self destructs the ship, killing himself, all the player characters, and all the pirates.
>>
>>44049007
I was trying to fulfill my grand plan to activate and construct not one, but two singularities in a singularity generator. Half way through I got revved. I then proceeded to accidentally release both of the singularities. Now, normally the phrase "The singulo is loose" or "The singularity is loose" would strike terror into the heart of any person. So imagine what it does when used in plural.

Later I threw the CE and myself into one of them so as to support the glorious revolution.
>>
>>44056884

Some back story I forgot. Singularities are literally what you'd expect, they are small black holes that emit massive amounts of radiation as they bring death across the station.
>>
>>44056880
In a Dune-ish sci fi game, the players all land on a planet to meet with another noble family. they go to the political dinner, but the pilot opts to stay in the quarters with the NPCs. so he and like six nameless stormtroopers sit around in the dark silently for three hours while everyone else does politics, until the party is betrayed. Because he's way far away, I decide to let the pilot control an NPC in the main fight, and let the other players control the NPC soldiers with the pilot, and run it all as one combat.

A girl asks if the generic soldier she's controlling has grenades and I say yes. She throws it, misses, kills the pilot.
>>
File: This Look.jpg (29 KB, 481x326) Image search: [Google]
This Look.jpg
29 KB, 481x326
>>44056927
In this case it wasn't technically the death that was funny, but it was pretty funny.

I was playing in a pathfinder game and we showed up, started playing, and went for about an hour. One of the guys down the table just sat there on his laptop, essentially not playing the game, much as he always does, until I was talking to an NPC and I introduced the party. So I say the names or nicknames of other players, but I forget his, because this guy will talk for maybe ten minutes every five hours, and his characters have absolutely no personality, so he's sort of forgettable. I look over at him and ask him what his character's name is.

He, also, does not know his own character's name. Who he has been playing for the better part of a year at this point. So he starts looking through his sheets and finds it, and tells me whatever it was. Jim the Archer or something.

We go on playing for a minute, and then the GM looks over and asks him, "wait, an archer? Didn't an archer die last game?"

And lo and behold, yes he fucking did. His character had died the previous week. But he was so uninvolved in the story, and so forgettable, that the GM, the other players, and the guy playing him, ALL FORGOT he had died. If I hadn't asked his name, he might have played the guy another six months and no one would have remembered, since that was only the second time he had ever said his character's name out loud.
>>
>>44053831
>a good 4/3 of the population
this space station is obviously very healthy as more people than exist are okay
>>
File: 1449287176922.jpg (180 KB, 534x900) Image search: [Google]
1449287176922.jpg
180 KB, 534x900
>>44057667
No actual player death, but kind of in the same vein.

My first ever expirience withh ttrpgs was AD&D, I played a magic-user based on my WoW character. He had an owl with him. When the owl was not doing something I kept him in a knapsack over my shoulder, to protect him.

Group goes on hiatus for a month, when we return, we go in a massive dungeon crawl through three different dungeons, containing pieces of the macguffin.
These in-game took about five weeks to complete. It was 3/4s through the third dungeon when we needed to scout out a chasm.

The DM asks if I have my owl.
I answer, "Owl? What owl?"
The entire party speaks up about my owl.
I check my Magic-user's inventory, and lo and behold there was an owl listed.
I then realized that I completely forgot the owl even existed since the haitus, let alone opened the knapsack at all.

The DM then announces that an unholy smell is fuming from the magic-user's knapsack, the smell of four-week-old dead owl.
>>
>>44056833
As in, a proper boob.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.