[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Funniest character you've played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: rosbif greentext.png (389 KB, 1902x1989) Image search: [Google]
rosbif greentext.png
389 KB, 1902x1989
Stories highly encouraged.

The image is a screencap of the first character I've ever played, a crazy chef called Rosbif the Fryer.
If you guys want, I can continue the story of how he finally found what he was looking for.
>>
>>44041182
God I fucking hate "clever" names so much

Seriously, just a tip if you ever play again. Every name you have ever made that is "clever" or a reference, is only entertaining to you and a complete drag and irritant to every other player ESPECIALLY the DM.

I have this one shit in my group whose every fucking character is a reference to some other character, some movie, some musician, or just a "clever" name. Never once has he named a character a normal or fantasy name.

There is Deesix the Rogue, Valhallan Elvish God of Rock (who was a ranger not a bard), Val Veenis (the bardic son of Valhallan who guess what, loved penis), Barbara Ann (the Male barbarian), Reemo Williams (the human monk based off an old movie), and gods only know how many others, each one a slow grating piece of sand in the jock strap of my patience.

It would be different if someone got a chuckle out of it except for his portly giggling ass, but as a DM I am so sick of this shit putting in so little effort to a character and always playing it the same way as some guy that always tries to steal everything and takes the most smartass attitude "Well the shopkeeper told me to leave, he didn't say I can't take anything with me. What do you mean he called the guards! Comeon!".

Your story might not be so bad, it might even be good and I am glad you had fun. But this player has ruined "cute" names like yours for me beyond belief, I instantly associate them with a shitty player. The worst part is I have to spend so much time countering jim to keep the story from just devolving into him "stealing everything and buying the town" and then buttfisting the gods and giggling like a retarded chipmunk that when an actual player has a question or act to do I stumble over my prepared stuff and it looks like I took no time to prep. I seriously believe every player should have their nuts put in a vice at the beginning of chargen and it should be tightened every time they try to ruin a serious game.
>>
>>44042665
You sound like a real piece of work. I mean, the player's retarded, but you're an asshole.
>>
>>44042665
Well, his names suck and his playstyle is pretty shit, but god damn, you're really friggin' twisted about this.
Calm yer tits.
>>
>>44041182
What the fuck? The sorcerer had to roll to cast magic missile? Magic Missile always hits its target, thats the whole damn point of it! Your DM should kill himself.
>>
>>44042699
>>44043320
I wouldn't be so bad about it, if it wasn't every fucking game. If I try to start it off serious it just starts earlier.

Then there is the distractions, fucking playing with knives and shit at the table all the time. Flipping a butterfly knife, getting other players to look at his knives, talking about knives, sharpening a knife. Then there is the trying to do shit he knows won't work, just because he knows it will exasperate you and that entertains him.

Christ and don't get me started on character creation "I am gonna be a drow". Dm "Drow don't exist in this world". "I am going to be a tiefling, but my tiefling looks human with tiny horns and gets +2 Dex instead of +2 Int" DM "That is not how it works." "B-but in 3.5" "Nope". "I wish we were playing 3.5".

God trying to get him to play any system beside 3.5 is a pain too. "Hey guys lets try a Savage Worlds game!" "Oh, I have heard of that isn't that the one with Cthulhu called like Call of Cthulhu" "...no" "Oh then what is it?" "It's Savage Worlds..." "Oh... can we just play 3.5?".

"You guys want to try Dark Heresy?" "Oh is that Ca..." "No it is Dark Heresy" "Then what is Call of Cthulhu?" "... Call of Cthulhu is Call of Cthulhu... do you want to play Call of Cthulhu anon?" "No, but can we just play 3.5, cause I got the books and I think it would be too hard to learn a new system for everyone." "It.. it's a D100... you just roll a D100..." "Yeah but... you know we all know 3.5 is what I am saying..."

Goddamnit.. sorry for getting so bent out of shape, yeah maybe I am an asshole but sometimes I just want to try and introduce the group to something new and there is nothing but bitching coming out of him in our small group from him even when he is enjoying the new system. I think he doesn't like it because he doesn't know how to powergame it.
>>
>>44043550
Oh, and just to clarify the other group members do not have an issue with trying a new system on the rare occassion I dust one off and bring the materials. Sadly I have no way of getting them the material ahead of time, which I am going to have to work on fixing so that some day we might actually be able to get a different game in.

But getting this guy to do some pre-game work ahead of time is gonna be tough.. might just have to spoon feed the group better.

I think if I actually get him into the world, and get him heavily engaged in it before the game starts and set the boundaries of the game beforehand it might be better. But goddamn it should not be this hard.
>>
>>44043550
>>44043605
You're not an asshole, you're stressed about what should be fun and packed it up so much that even OP thread worked as trigger.

I think I get you. I mean, I had a guy refuse to borrow the player handbook to learn the rules, because he hadn't the time. On and on it went, the fucker half-playing, half-asking during the sessions.

I convinced him to come over, so instead of him spending his precious time, we both did, hours and hours.

Then he stopped playing.
>>
>>44043420
OP here.

The DM was very very new to D&D and for many of us it was the first game. It was a small oversight that we noticed shortly after it happened. Overall, the DM was very good at what he did.
>>
>>44043912
Yeah, that sounds about right, I spent the next 30 minutes bitching about it to myself after posting that. The worst part is he is a good friend of mine, but he seems to only enjoy things when he is winning or has proved himself clever by tricking someone or just nagging until they give up.
>>
>>44044268
Then I get you very well, the guy I used as example is the same friend whose beach house I spent many vacations on.
>>
A dog. Just a literal dog. I would just do idiotic dog shit in order to get them killed. Like one time, the party was in a forest, and we stumbling upon a massive hole in the ground. Before the DM even finished describing the hole, I told him that I wanted to jump in. I got a pretty good roll, and managed to land perfectly at the bottom of this 30 ft hole. The DM then told the party that they'd have to jump in after me, and the one dude volunteered. Well, he hit the bottom and broke his leg, so the rest of the party had to come down. Lo and behold, a mindflayer then appeared my raped the low level party, except for me, which he pet lovingly and then placed back on the surface. I have a very bad sense of humor and I found this hilarious
>>
>>44046517
That's fucking hilarious, but you sound awful to play with.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.