[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 40k_general.jpg (725 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k_general.jpg
725 KB, 1024x768
Why no Burning of Prospero yet? Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>/TG/ Argument lore and tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Butthurt

>New Chaos stats and painting guides
http://m.instructables.com/id/Bloody-Broken-Glass-Cupcakes-for-Halloween/

>Best Space Marine Chapter
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mantis_Warriors
>>
In the last List thread, I posted up a Nurgle army list, I got some good advice and so changed it accordingly:

++Chaos Space Marines++

+HQ+

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (ML 3, Wings, Power armor, spell familiar, Black Mace) 355

Sorcerer (Mark of Nurgle, ML3, Chaos Bike) 145

+Troops+

10 Plague Marines (Meltagun, all VotLW, Icon of Despair, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation and Power Sword, Rhino) 294

10 Plague Marines (Meltagun, all VotLW, Icon of Despair, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation and Power Sword, Rhino) 294

+Fast Attack+

Heldrage (Baleflamer) 170

5x Chaos Bikers (Meltagun, Mark of Nurgle, VotLW, Champion w/ Power Sword) 171

+Dedicated Transport+

Rhino - 35

Rhino - 35

Is that good for Daemon summon spam?
>>
File: LibrarianDreadnought000.jpg (78 KB, 758x533) Image search: [Google]
LibrarianDreadnought000.jpg
78 KB, 758x533
I was just wondering, is there any Canon reason that only Blood Angels have Librarian Dreadnoughts?
>>
>>44023857
>Best Space Marine Chapter
>Mantis Warriors

Why those heretics?
>>
I spend so much time worrying about justifying any small purchase when yesterday and tonight I spent 20 euros on food and booze, things that I'm literally going to shit out and have nothing to show for.

So I'm wondering maybe I should just treat myself. Was gonna spend about 90-100 euros on models after earning a bit of money from a short 2-week job I just got paid for that I had a LOT of stress over.

A ghostkeel (been wanting one since it came out. Already got a pose in mind and it'd be a joy to paint).
A Stealthsuit squad (I could use one to complete the Stealth formation but I would first use the parts to try and make moulds. If I manage, then I can cast as many as I please)
A pathfinder box (yay for scouts and snipers)
An ebay purchase of 3 Rail Rifle pathfinders (yay for extra MSU rail snipers, LOVE the aesthetic)

How do I stop worrying about my future and live in or enjoy the moment?
>>
>’’Binary’’ as the tech-priests refer to their secret language, is one of their most sacred mysteries. Cracking it has long been a priority of the Inquisition, but so far even the most rudimentary syntax has yet to be established.

The Inquisition is too dumb to understand binary?

Ha!
>>
>>44024138
Anon, I love your honesty - don't ever lose that.
>>
>>44023857
But their chapter tactics are bad and have only gotten worse, and their unique character is mediocre at absolute best.
>>
Should I get a Typhon, Fellblade or a Warhound titan for tournament play?
>>
>>44024545
Just be yourself.
>>
>>44023857

Come on man.

>>44021836
>>
>>44024379
I can't not be. It's bit me in the ass more than once though and I'm no closer to a solution even after thinking of this for weeks. I wish I was kidding.

But.. thank you.
>>
>>44024545
Depends on what kind of game, if it's Objectives, then you may want Typhon, if for no other reason than to go "fuck off, it's mine" to any unit camping on an objective. If it's just Kill-points then the Warhound and Fellblade are about even.
>>
>>44024655

Why the fuck would I want to post in a 40k general I can't even search off the catalogue?

Get out.
>>
>>44024138
Firstly, Warhammer is Plastic-crack, you should worry about it.

Secondly, you are playing Tau in a day and age where they are fast approaching Eldar for cheesiest army ever.
>>
File: 1447859729002.jpg (183 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447859729002.jpg
183 KB, 1024x768
Guy from a few threads ago whos new to this and got these Space Wolves for 255

60 Grey Hunters/Blood Claws

16 Wolf Guard TErmies

11 Scouts

11 Ass Marines

9 Devs

1 Chaplin w/ jump pack

1 Logan Grimnar on foot

1 Whirlwind

1 Predator

2 Dreadnoughts

What else do I need to be successful at this game? I have 3 Rhinos and a Drop Pod as well
>>
>>44024782
Would it help to say the last hobby item (models, paint etc) I bought was in 2011? I'm very resistant to impulse purchases, almost immune actually because I mull ANYTHING over to the point of absurdity.

And also I play Tau but I play non-cheesy Tau. I don't even use the ability in the stealth formation, I just run it to free up more slots in my CAD.
>>
I fought at 1500 points against some blood angels as slaneesh daemons.
I had 2 squads of 20 daemonettes, 2 squads of 5 chaos furies, 2 seeker chariots, a daemon prince of slaneesh, a keeper of secrets and herald of slaneesh.
Did I loose because I took my effective 1000 points list, threw on a daemon prince and put in 300 points in upgrades?
He had 2 rhinos and a razorback and predator, so i couldnt really deal with armour besides praying for rend and etherblades.
Where should I attach my KoS? To my daemonettes?
I need a soul grinder to play at 1500, right?
>>
Ok, tg, how are tzeentch daemons nowadays? I know they used to be cheesy, but I'm looking for something fun to ally alongside my thousand sons.

What are some competetive options, without resorting to cheese?
>>
>>44025290
>running Thousand Sons
>worried about cheesy allies
Are you serious?
>>
>>44024048
No.
>>
>>44025583
Not him but I play 1k sons too. You tend to get 2 types of CSMfag. The loud whiny "WE SHOULD BE GOD, FUCK YOU WAAH WAAH" types and the type that plays for theme and wants the other guy to have fun. It doesn't matter if he plays "fair", so long as we do.
>>
>>44024318
Mechanicus binary isn't our binary.
Techpriests basically can talk in machine code.
>>
>>44025725
Basically Professional sports vs little league kids sports.

Pro sports
>Lots of screaming, hard training, tantrums on and off the field and only play to curbstomp and take home the gold
Little League
>Way to go little buddy, you gave 'em hell and that's what matters!
>>
>>44024935
Take Seekers instead of Daemonettes, they move twice as fast, have HoW, an extra attack, Outflank and Acute Senses and are only three points more expensive. Drop the Furies, squads of five are too small to do anything. Stick a Herald with the Locus of Grace on a Steed with both of the Seeker units. Seekers are great for popping Rhinos as they've so many attacks and a large footprint you can easily surround light transports and glance it to death with the unit inside. The KoS works sweet from deep-strike, scares the shit out of a lot of units and tears them to shreds in a turn or two - make sure it has the Lash of Despair so it can shoot 2d6 Str 6 shots the turn it arrives and another Greater Reward for survivability. Best way to run a DoS Soul Grinder is to run it with Baleful Torrent and deep-strike it like a boss into your enemy's backfield or face.
>>
>>44024807
That's more than enough to make some awesome lists. The only things I would suggest getting are:

Drop Pods (put those Dreadnoughts in them with the Axe+Shield combo and watch your enemy weep as they descimate enemy troops, with them having little to no chance of hurting it.)

Stormwolf (15 Blood Claws + Wolf Priest (Chaplin) can charge straight out of it and rape any infantry in melee.)

Now, you probably won't need the Predator or Whirlwind, they aren't that great and are completely outmatched by your Dreadnoughts. Scouts and Long Fangs (Devastators) are good backfield camper's.
>>
>>44026867
This is good advice. two 10-man daemonette squads 1 soul grinder are your core.

Seekers are amazing and make up most of my forces.

The Chariots are not something I like to run though. Simply to squishy and big for me to like them.
>>
>>44023982
Well first things first, you peril on doubles when trying to summon daemons, because you're not daemons

The nurgle icon is bad, don't take it
Give your sorcerer a sigl of corruption and spell familiar
You don't need gifts on the plague marines
Take less plague marines, add another melta gun
You don't really need the veteran upgrade
Bikes need another melta gun as well, no vet necessary but useful if they get shot
I suggest giving the biker champ a power fist, but only if you have the points

With all those points saved, either add more plague marines or ally actual daemons like a GUO and one or two units of plague bearers. If you take it as a standard CAD then you get access to the warp storm.
In fact if you do that you don't need the Daemon prince, GUO is better in all respects except speed.
To solve the speed problem, put GUO in deep strike and 2 units of plague bearers with icons and instruments. When you roll reserves, roll one at a time. If one unit of plague bearers comes in, you can automatically bring the GUO in. Also their icons work the turn they arrive, so drop the first unit, scatter, drop the second off the icon, then drop the GUO in the enemy base and laugh.
>>
>>44026944
>>44026867
Man, I really dont want to use seekers for some reason, I just like using large blocks or daemonettes.
>>
>>44027215
A single unit of seekers with attached heralds is all you would really need. Then again that's just for invul + book trick.
So not required, just faster.
>>
>>44027364
So is that 1 squad of 9 or 19 seekers with herald?
>>
>>44024048
Artificial constraints to justify having BA as a separate codex.
>>
>>44027406
However large you want a single squad of seekers. Most add 1-3 heralds on steeds for extra killy power, loci and the book.
>>
>>44024782
As another novice Tau player what are the cheesy builds to stay away from?
>>
How does one effectivly use orks so that their win/lose ratio is at least 50%, maybe 25% and not like 5%
>>
>>44024719

You think the Typhon beats out the Fellblade for objective play?

One thing the Fellblade does is address SM horrendous long range anti-tank firepower.

Shit, are either legal in 40k though? I don't see the stamp of approval for 40k in IA2.
>>
>>44028406
Crisis suit spam, pathfinder spam, general min-maxing. If youre new, the chance of you doing it accidently are super slim.
>>
>>44028406
Riptides are the big complaint of most Tau hate. Other than that just make use of your highly mobile army if for no other purpose than helping to debunk the 'tau are a gunline army' copypasta people whine about.
Also any use of auxiliaries is a great way to make friends.
>>
>>44028406
Spamming either Crisis Suits, Riptides or abuse of formation special rules.

>>44028452
How is Pathfinder spam in any way a cheesy tactic?
>>
>>44028452
>pathfinder spam
wat.
pathfinders are the worst at what they do, marker drones and tetras are far better in most situations.
That being said don't spam ignores cover on IG, orks or DE.
>>
>>44028529
What if you use Marker Drones to do a markerlight cascade unto pathfinders to multiply them? Good tactic?
>>
>>44028549
Waste of points
>>
>>44028549
The ideal way to use marker drones is to use a drone controller to boost BS, a lot of players make a buffmander squad with markerdrones and split-firing crisis suits. Cascading markerlights is a thing, but mostly from one offs like in stealth teams or fireblades.
>>
>>44024318
Doesn't the inquisition have a heretek department which basically employs techpriest to keep admech in line?
>>
>>44028610
*so one markerlight as a hail-Mary to try and get bs4 pathfinders, etc.
>>
>>44028610
>>44028576
Nothing stopping you from using, say, 4 BS5 marker drone to get 4 marks, using 2 to fire a ton of pathfinder marks and then focus-firing the unlucky bastard with 3 whole units at BS5 Ignores Cover. Depending on what you shoot, you can levy appropriate boosted firepower against any target.

Thinking of doing that with Rail Rifle Pathfinders, at least.
>>
>>44028406
Don't take more than 1 riptide per 1k points
Avoid forgeworld stuffs
Don't take a crisis suit commander with 0 guns
>>
>>44028693
pathfinder weapons are a huge points sink on future corpses. only a real option at 500-sub points.
>>
>>44028695
>>44028406
>Avoid forgeworld stuffs
This is really hit or miss. the riptides are just above and just below the in-codex version. The flyers are good but not OP, and the xv9 are worse than crisis suits.
>>
>>44025290
tzeentch daemons tend to be pretty specialized
Pink horrors are mana batteries to generate extra warp charges
Heralds are the real spell casters and can get a nice upgrade to damage but woefully restrictive choice of schools.
Flamers are jump-pack flamers.
Screamers are lightning fast and fragile anti-armour units.
Lord of change isn't what you would actually expect, he's a pretty meh psyker that's outclassed by the herald and rolling on tzeentch powers is bad for him. Take the staff and roll on malefic/divination for a ws6 s8 t6 w5 I6 a5 3+++ rerollible FLYING monstrous creature for about 400 points
>>
>>44028728
>future corpses
I keep hearing this. Do all your metas just routinely witch-hunt your pathfinders now matter where they are or what? It's not hard to stick them in a nice bit of cover or a building.

>huge points sink
This is true but if hey, if you run infantry or a stealthy theme, then they're not that bad at all. They're just a sensible balanced unit in an OP codex.
>>
>>44024048
several hundred years perhaps between other space marine chapters and its not like marines jump to employ new equipment to often, especially the psyker kind

also the codex you fuckin heretic
>>
>>44028889
Plenty of armies have ways of easily removing pathfinders in cover
>>
>>44028889
32pt T3 4+ models, with low native ld, and many better options, you take these to rerf yourself for your ork, csm, and DE friends.
>do all your metas just routinely witch-hunt your pathfinders now matter where they are or what?
if they can take out 90+points with the firepower from a tac squad, then yes, yes they do.
>>
What's the best way to build up an army? I've been looking at a LSM list for a while but I have no idea where my priorities lie in buying. I've been thinking of just picking up as many cheap kits as I can to fill out the list but a Demi-Company box starts out with a full formation even if I don't wanna use all those units (I wanna drop the jumpers for bikes and the devs for centurions). What would you guys do? Ball parking at about £200-£300 and shooting for a 2500 list at the end game of building it.
>>
>>44028968
>>44029036
They have to actually get to them first, you have the rest of your army doing its job. It's not a void where you're sending nothing but a lone pathfinder squad against an army and they can close in the entire board to hunt you down.

I still think they're not bad at all honestly. These threads are the only place I've ever heard of pathfinders being regarded as "bad" and honestly unless you're buying me tetras at 25 euros a pop I ain't fielding such ugly models for markerlights and OP shit like spamming free drones.
>>
>>44029146
I have ignore cover jetbikes, so I have no problems removing pathfinders
>>
>>44029208
You're Eldar. You have no problem removing christ himself.
>>
>>44029242
Necrons actually, eldar don't have remove cover on the bikes.
>>
>>44029259
I think Guardian Jetbikes do yeah.
>>
>>44029242
What about a team of 3 ignores cover autocannons from the guard?

Ignores cover large blast cannon from the daemons?

Ignores cover bolter rounds from the sternguard?

These are just the one I can get off the top of my head.
>>
>>44029289
Not without psyker support they don't
>>
1000 point orks, take a big mek with shokk attack gun, 2 squads of ten grots, 2 squads of 6 killa kans with half rokkits half grotzooka, and a battery of 4 kmk and a Traktor cannon
How well will this do? Do kans still suck?
Want an all grot list
>>
>>44029296
If these are so prevalent in every meta, then why is cover even given the time of day? Why not just play on empty boards since cover's so useless then?
>>
Burning of Prospero is ages away you retard. It's the 3rd of the 3rd trilogy.

The next one is the Dark Angels I believe. Then Space Wolves and something else. Then Burning of Prospero.

>>44024048
Yes. Essentially it's the Coffin meme of Vampires. Also, the Blood Angels are the most psyker reactive loyalist force. They also have the tech to keep it working. It's just like why some forces only have Chaplin Dreads, or why Space Furfags have Axe + Shield Dreads.
>>
>>44029406
Grot tanks are a better source of grotzookas
>>
Monstrous creatures are no longer AP2 automatically.
Instead they (and maybe the occasional other unit) receive a new rule "Crushing."
When a unit with Crushing attacks a model with an armor save, the save is reduced in effectiveness by 2 levels.
For example; a Ripetide attacks a Space Marine Terminator in melee combat. The Terminator is wearing Terminator Armor, with a 2+ armor save. As the Riptide hits him, his armor save is reduced by 2 levels, bringing him to a 4+ save against the wound. He passes his saves, by the skin of his teeth, and proceeds to Power-Fist the Riptide at initiative 1.
In another example, a Carnifex is attacking an Eldar Dire Avenger, who has a 4+ save. When the Carnifex attacks, the Dire Avenger's save is reduced to a mere 6+! However, as the Scything Talons on the Carnifex possess AP6, the Aspect warrior's save is negated, and it takes a wound, with no chance of stopping it.
>>
>>44029425
Cover is great on stuff that's tough already as most ignore cover isn't great str/ap. LoS is also really important
>>
>>44028783
For a new player is better to say avoid it for now.
>>
>>44029425
Because to get that ignores cover you have to sacrifice something and it's not like it's only purpose is to just give saves but block line of sight and movement.

Guard has to use 1 of X (normally 1-3) orders they have and they can't use the same one twice.

Using ignores cover rounds forfeits the use of other ammo such as hell-fire rounds.

But the daemons cannon is 125 points of "bs5 s8 ap4 ignores cover large blast" fuck you and should always be taken in a daemons army (so much not being the shooty army)
>>
>>44029451
The closest store is a gw, they allow forge world and conversions but not scratch builds, so I don't know, I'd need conversion ideas
>>
>>44029588
So it's still worthwhile to use cover even if the unit is squishy. Even if the pathfinders did get fucked up, you have other sources of markerlights and firepower that is left unmolested.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're the best thing ever. But I like them and I think it may be an exaggeration to say they're shit and guaranteed to die because of worst-case-scenarios.
>>
>>44028406
don't bring a riptide to anything less than 1k points
>>
File: supremacy.jpg (76 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
supremacy.jpg
76 KB, 920x950
So I'm sitting here looking at the pieces of my Ta'unar, and sizing it up. The 160mm base it's supplied with is way too small to fit the thing unless you do some weird posing.

So I'm looking for alternative, probably bigger scenic bases for it. Are there any groups that do large bases, besides Dragonforge? I know they have 200mm bases, but their selection is somewhat lacking.
>>
>>44029484
that's actually a really good idea anon
>>
>>44029769
So, into the trash it goes. This is GW we're working with.
>>
>>44029757
Isn't using a different sized base than what is provided iffy due to "modeling for advantage" reasons? Not hating, just an honest question.
>>
>>44029686
They are GEQs that happen to be even worse than actual Guardsmen because of WS2. GEQ survive only by having large numbers, but Pathfinders are 11ppm and eat up a highly contested slot in CAD.

They aren't guaranteed to die but they'll wither as soon as the enemy focuses any amount of firepower stronger than a lasgun on them.
>>
>>44029484
Easier just to give them melee weapons with the appropriate str/ap and remove smash entirely.
>>
>>44029808

The rule was you can't use a base SMALLER than provided, and even then, I can't remember seeing that rule since 5th edition.
>>
>>44029805
pretty much
>>
>>44029757
Holy fucking shit the Tau got ripped from the last time I seen them. They were using Broadsides before, where the fuck did this come from!?
>>
>>44029808
Anecdotally they're banned in tournaments. As a houserule, though (and one I've seen elsewhere than just my groups), I use the worst aspect of the modelling for rules, for those people that aren't willing to just handwave the whole thing because it's a cool conversion.

That is to say, 60mm base for a Chapter Master? That's fine, but he measures his assaults as if he were on 32mm. If he gets assaulted? They measure to his 60mm base.

It's gimping myself, since I'm almost always the only one with non-standard-size bases, but that's enough to placate anyone that isn't hardline anal about "build models on the bases they came with".
>>
>>44029808

Older editions said you could use larger bases but not smaller, but I think the new rules say you MUST use the base the kit is supplied with. And then I look at the base the kit is supplied with and even in the sales images the legs are hanging off. Allegedly, it was said at one of the open days the Ta'unar wasn't supposed to have a base, but GW wanted to move the new 160mm bases.

I think the accepted method is "You can base it larger, but when it comes time to assault you MUST use the original base size.

Either way, I can't fit this thing on the 160mm base, I want to use a scenic base, and nobody makes above 160mm scenic bases to my knowledge (excepting dragonforge at 200mm).
>>
>>44029913

That is a battlesuit as large as a warhound titan.

Tau have Titans now.
>>
Any suggestions? And no cheese pls.

Tau Empire (995/1000pt.)

Primary Detachment [ 1 ]
Hunter Cadre

Commander (160pt.)
Crisis battlesuit; Command and control node; Puretide Engram Neurochip; Multi-spectrum Sensor Suit; XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit;

6x - Strike Team (54pt.)
6x - Fire Warrior (9pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse rifle;

6x - Strike Team (54pt.)

6x - Strike Team (54pt.)

XV104 Riptide battlesuits (225pt.)
1x - Riptide Shas'vre (225pt.); Riptide battlesuit; Nova reactor; Riptide shield generator; Ion accelerator; Twin-linked smart missile system; Early warning override; Stimulant injector;

XV104 Riptide battlesuits (225pt.)
1x - Riptide Shas'vre (225pt.); Riptide battlesuit; Nova reactor; Riptide shield generator; Ion accelerator; Twin-linked smart missile system; Early warning override; Stimulant injector;

2x - XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (135pt.)
1x - Broadside Shas'ui (70pt.); Broadside battlesuit; Twin-linked high-yield missile pod; Twin-linked smart missile system; Target lock;
1x - Broadside Shas'ui (65pt.); Broadside battlesuit; Twin-linked high-yield missile pod; Twin-linked smart missile system;

4x - Pathfinder Team (44pt.)
4x - Pathfinder (11pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse carbine; Markerlight;

4x - Pathfinder Team (44pt.)
4x - Pathfinder (11pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse carbine; Markerlight;
>>
>>44030035
...Jesus fucking Christ, that's horrifying. I thought they still used rinky-dink Crisis suits.
>>
Where can a Niigata find PDFs for the rules and codexeS???
>>
>>44030069
Even Crisis are buffed up now. Crisis Commanders are bigger than that (they get bigger with every edition), then Broadsides, and the resident giant mecha, the Riptide (and friends)...

We'll ignore the fucking Stormsurge. Ta'unar is biggest.
>>
>>44025583
>>44025725
>>44025793
Thank you guys, yes I play for fun. If I wanted to win, I wouldn't have taken up CSM in the first place.

If I can't forge my narrative, then it isn't a game for me.
>>
>>44030069
And everybody moaned when it came out. The tears were delicious.
>>
>>44030040
if you're avoiding cheese cut the second riptide. also swap the tide sms for fusion. if you have the turrets for fire warriors take sms with them. as for filling the void of the second riptide crisis suits and upgrading to 5 man pathfinders would work well.
thus concludes my thoughts.
>>
Finalizing my list with what few models I own. Will I survive my rematch against shooty DE skimmers? The Heavy Flamers are to defend against Deep Striking units.

Astra Militarum CAD 1000/1000 pts

HQ - 415 pts
Punisher +Pask, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Heavy Stubber, Camo Netting
Exterminator +Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Camo Netting

TROOPS - 290 pts
Veterans +2 Meltaguns
DT: Chimera +Hull Heavy Flamer, Turret Heavy Flamer
Veterans +2 Meltaguns
DT: Chimera +Hull Heavy Flamer, Turret Heavy Flamer

HEAVY - 295 pts
Exterminator +Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Camo Netting
Wyvern +Hull Heavy Flamer
Wyvern +Hull Heavy Flamer
>>
>>44029854
>>44029926
>>44030007
The new rules just say they it assumes to use the ones supplied with the model but if you're not discuss it with your opponent.
>>
>>44030102
>Stormsurge
I just googled it. For what purpose
>>
>>44030168
its a turret that can walk, that's it.
>>
>>44030069
Even worse is that the monsterous creature rules mean that they can crush people in close combat easily.

Even terminators die in droves when they get in melee with them, but then again what doesn't these days?
>>
>>44030137
Pft, cheese? Riptide is shit compared to wk.
>>
File: 1422690288035.jpg (78 KB, 525x719) Image search: [Google]
1422690288035.jpg
78 KB, 525x719
>>44030040
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>44030151
looks pretty ok, I personally advise heavy weapons teams with orders to give them ignores cover for the vehicles but that should work fine.
>>
>>44030199
These aren't turrets, these are fucking buildings. What happened?! THEY WERE RINKY-DINK XENOS, WHERE DID THIS ALL COME FROM.
>>
>>44030213
>comparing things to wk
ok, cool, did you have a point?
>>
>>44030089
top of the page
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html
>>
>>44030224
>>44030040
>>44030137
Archive search it. It's a common shitpost now. Along with variations of

>Not cheese
>No cheese
>Fun list
>Casual list
>Friendly game
>Friend game

Etc.

It's shitposting and you fucks always give them serious replies, because /tg/ is still so naive that they think people don't do it.
>>
File: weighted bases! ho!.jpg (128 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
weighted bases! ho!.jpg
128 KB, 873x627
>>44030102
Better bigger than sideways
>>
>>44030334
>tau post
>naive replies
don't hate my enjoyment of the fluff.
>>
>>44030304
>comparing things to wk
Why not? Riptides don't even have Dweapons.
>>
>>44030420
you keep saying things as if they are making a point anon.
>>
>>44023982
Yes, I saw this in the list thread, and as I pointed out to the guy that told you to drop Typhus, you need either him OR a Chaos Lord of Nurgle to bring those Plague Marines as Troops. Seeing as you were going for Psyker spam, Typhus made more sense, ok, he can't bring any Daemon summoning ability (locked with Nurgle psyker tree, i'm afraid) but that's, at least, 2 extra warp charges to feed the DPoN who can bring summoning.

You'll have to swap the Biker Sorcerer and one of those squads of Plague Marines and the Rhino for Typhus and bring that big blob of 30 Plague Zombies to make sure Typhus gets to the other side of the board and into combat, because he is a monster, once he is there.
>>
>>44030248
Definitely need to buy heavy weapon teams, if only they came with these Cadian Armoured Fists I bought. When I do buy more models, I'm thinking about doing that alongside the Artillery Company formation. Being able to give ignore cover orders to HWTs, while another officer does the same to artillery sounds fun.
>>
What ap can stop av 14, and ap 12
I want run shootas in battle wagons and mow shit down without getting hurt until I blow up
>>
>>44030254
Tau started messing around with warp tech and more advanced AI in the lore as well as studying imperial designs.

In the latest stories they send out a bunch of ships to study warp energy coming off imperial ships when they break back in to real space.

>What could POSSIBLY go wrong!
>>
>>44030007
Why not just cut an oval shape out of appropriate thickness plasticard? I did that with my custom Forgefiends as I ouldn't be fucked spending 20 euros postage and packing included for two slabs of undetailed plastic.

>>44029809
Fair enough, so they're just a big gamble. good usage of cover and LoS can help mitigate it but there's no guarantees.
>>
>>44030383
No. The Tau List of including at least 2 riptides and calling it "friendly" or "casual" is now a shitpost meme.

That's what I am talking about.
>>
>>44030570
If pathfinders could move and shoot markerlights they'd be much better
>>
>>44030628
>No.
you act as if I've contradicted this statement in some way.
>>
>>44030662
>markerdrones
>>
>>44027811
I'm thinking of getting into 40k at around 500pts. Would 2x 10 Daemonettes and a Herald on a steed with a group of Seekers do alright in that bracket? I don't have the codex so Idk the points costs, but would it be playable at all or would I get shot off the table turn 1?
>>
>>44030662
They can, they just snapshot them. If you actually have marker drones at BS5 you can have that tactic open in an emergency. Mark them up, slog your pathfinders to a better vantage point, up their snapshots to BS5 and lay down a bucket of lights.

The more options you field, the more varied tactics you can do. If your pathfinders get rekt, your drones can pick up the slack and vice versa.
>>
>>44030569
Didn't it say that none of the ships returned?

Man, I so want to find that old piece of fluff I KNOW I read somewhere about a Tau ship that accidentally entered the warp or was exposed to warp energy, and the ship AI just lost it, because it couldn't deal with it.
>>
>>44030570

Because I'm confident enough in my inability to model a scenic base myself with greenstuff, card, etc, so I'd rather buy an interesting premade one. The scenic bases have patterns, rocks, flora, and natural features already modeled on, so all you gotta do is paint them.
>>
>>44030731
Yeah but drones are expensive now and tetras are ForgeWorld. Not everyone has the money to minmax an army according to mathhammer.

These threads always assume two things. The first is that money and personal tastes are no issue and the second is that you're always playing to curbstomp.
>>
>>44030731
Yes, marker drones and tetras are better than pathfinders. That was my point
>>
>>44030823
most Tau players I know (including myself) have just amassed a metric ass-ton of drones from various other boxes, and just use bitz to signify marker drones.
>>
even though I know it shouldn't be possible I still have nightmares about getting tabled on the top of turn one at 1000 points. The tau shitpost list does not help.
>>
>>44030892
I personally haven't had the privilege. I got 2 off my first FW box. My second FW team and Crisis suit I use as a commander was gifted to me sans drones and my stealthsuits came with 1 drone.
>>
>>44030040
>no cheese please

1000 point list with 2 Riptides and missiles everywhere? Thats not cheese to you?
>>
File: santa-cron.jpg (609 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
santa-cron.jpg
609 KB, 1000x750
New player starting with Necrons here,
I'm going with a Decurion and adding a C'tan, Destroyer cult, Deathmarks, etc.

I want dat sexy Ghost Ark in my army, but I don't see any formations for it. Do I add it as a CAD or some other way?
>>
Do space marines use hellpistols?
>>
>>44030823
>These threads always assume two things. The first is that money and personal tastes are no issue and the second is that you're always playing to curbstomp.
When discussing what would be better, it is normal to say what is better, especially when other restrictions are not specified.
>>
>>44030941
It's a dedicated transport for warriors
>>
>>44030949
No. Lasweapons aren't strong enough for their tastes.
>>
Whats better: 3 Asscan Razorbacks with 5 man Sternguard or 3 Rhinos with 10 man Sternguard? Theyre going to support an Imperial Knight.
>>
>>44030761
At 500 points, you kinda want a herald or two on steeds, attached to daemonettes and then a soulgrinder or something that can kill a tank. So long as you can kill a tank, you're fine.
>>
>>44030254
It started with the riptide, which was fluffed as a large, rare, experimental suit. Lots of people bought 3 because it was OP as hell, and was a fairly cool model. This opened the floodgates for GW and Forgeworld to start making even larger suits, despite the Riptide already being at the upper end of believability.
>>
>>44030990
Aren't hellpistols strong enough to cut through power armor?
>>
>>44030949
What's a hellpistol Anon? I only know about hot-shot laspistols. But no, they don't. Why would they, when bolters, in the fluff, are very nearly as good in terms of armor penetration, and deal far more devastating hits.

>>44030941
>those Terminator kitbashes
I don't know what the fuck they are supposed to be but they don't look terrible. That annoys me.
>>
Alright, winter is coming which means that I don't want to stay outside anymore, I decided to dust off (literally) my Orks and now I got painting fever, got a few models I wanted to paint and made a list, what do you guys think?

+++ Waaagh (1000pts) +++

+ HQ (100pts) +

Painboy (50pts)
Painboy (50pts)

+ Elites (191pts) +

Tankbustas (191pts)
····12x Tankbusta
····Trukk [Reinforced Ram , Rokkit Launcha]

+ Troops (329pts) +

Boyz (147pts)
····Boss Nob [Bosspole, Choppa, Shoota,]
····18x Boy [18x Choppa, 18x Shoota, 18x Stikkbombs]

Boyz (147pts)

····Boss Nob [Bosspole, Choppa, Shoota,]
····18x Boy [18x Choppa, 18x Shoota, 18x Stikkbombs]

Gretchin (35pts)
····10x Gretchin
····Runtherd

+ Fast Attack (90pts) +

Warbuggies (90pts)
····Wartrakk [Twin-linked Rockit Launcha]

+ Heavy Support (290pts) +

Battlewagon (145pts) [Boarding Plank, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Reinforced Ram ]

Battlewagon (145pts) [Boarding Plank, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Reinforced Ram]

Boyz and pain boy into the battle wagons, I plan to move forward and shove their av 14 ass in my enemies face and unleash dakka, use my tankbustas and buggies to kill those my bullets can't kill.
Grots cower on an objective or die in one hit, I don't care about them.
So, what do you guys think?
>>
>>44031016
>implying any gundam-esk battlesuit is believable
This is a universe containing titans, believability was thrown out for the rule of cool ages ago.
>>
>>44031016
>rare, experemintal
It's 7th ed m8
>>
>>44031017
Yeah, but you'd note that the Hot-Shot Laspistol, it's tabletop equivalent/replacement, is only S3. That's a significant difference of power compared to a bolt pistol, and is not as likely to wound an Astartes.
>>
>>44031075
>Riptide Battlesuits have become synonymous with victory in the Tau mindset
REMOVE TAU
>>
>>44031007
Sounds good, thanks!
>>
>>44031025
Truescale Marines. Honestly, they need to be a little more broad-shouldered for it to work, but it's a good effort.
>>
>>44031075
I want to like the Riptide but it's so fucking disproportional in my eyes. Thick monstrous chest, tiny head, tiny t-rex arms that look like they can't lug around the weapon as big as half the bloody battlesuit itself, backpack looks far too big to be supported. thick front thighs but weedy back thighs and legs in general... ugh.

But the Ghostkeel on the other hand is perfectly proportional and looks sturdy and potent as fuck.
>>
>>44031162
The head kills it for me. That dinky little thing looks positively retarded, mounted between those hunched shoulders.

The Ghostkeel looks retarded too, but that's just because it's an unappealing design to me. It is proportionate, just... ugly.
>>
>>44028506
>>44028452
Oh, I liked the idea of a FSE army so I am going heavy on the crisis suits.I like them, but I don't think they're particularly cheesy. Is it just because they're in the hands of an inexperienced player? I haven't really won a game yet.
>>44028695
Are you talking about the buffmander?
>>
>>44031286
Just take riptides. Or OSC. Or take those sweet stormsurges.
>>
File: Enforcer-Set-Up-2.jpg (320 KB, 1000x502) Image search: [Google]
Enforcer-Set-Up-2.jpg
320 KB, 1000x502
So I haven't played 40k in years, but I'm thinking of jumping back in since I want to make a marine army using Mantic's Enforcers.

What books do I need to start playing marines? What's the difference between the marine chapter books?

Also, what can I use the shield-and-double-barrel-shotgun guys as?
>>
Question. Can anybody remember that fluff piece about an event by an enemy so great that the Imperium ordered super duper rare weaponry used just to contain the force. It seemed to suggest they were from a place not the Warp but a dimension beyond everything.

Can't remember. Harrowing? Hallowing? Howling? Not the cyber-pysker event, another one.
>>
>>44031218
The head is purposely small as it's the view port of the Tau fire warrior, if it's shot off, the guy is blind.

so, smaller target.
>>
>>44030985
Thanks m8. Makes sense now.
>>
File: 1385691351606.jpg (313 KB, 736x651) Image search: [Google]
1385691351606.jpg
313 KB, 736x651
>>44031497
I think this is what you are referring to
>>
>>44031413
Space Marines is the generic codex for portraying most chapters of space marines, which is the one you'll most likely want. The others are for the specific chapters (And offshoots of) and are standalone armies so you only need one book.
>>
>>44031525
Sure. But's it's still fucking hideous.
>>
Does anyone have the Path to Glory Advent PDFs that they wouldn't mind posting?
>>
Anyone have other races like pdf related?
>>
>>44031553
thanks
>>
>>44031413
Scouts with shotguns...?

Which by the way are criminally underrated troop choices.
>>
>>44032728
I always take two in LS Storms.

Drive-by indeed.
>>
>>44029427

>...most psyker reactive loyalist force.
>Not Grey Knights
>>
>>44030334
The commander is a total waste in this list. Hes got a bunch of shit to buff units he isn't taking.
>>
>>44031413
>
Siege Assault Vanguard
>>
a noob shows up at the club with this 1500 CSM CAD, how hard do you laff? not trying to be competitive, not trying to die to a fluffy ork list either

sorcerer, ML2, force sword

10 CSM, 2 flamer, rhino
10 CSM, 2 plasma, combi-plasma, rhino combi-plasma
9 CSM, flamer, rhino

helbrute, reaper autocannon/missile launcher

5 bikers, power sword/melta bombs, meltagun
10 raptors, power sword, 2 meltaguns

predator, lascannon sponsons
vindicator, combi-bolter
vindicator, combi-bolter
>>
>>44030069
I spent far too long (10 minutes) making this pic for you of some of the suit size differences.
Fair warning they are all in different stages of assembly, repair (second hand models), and painting.
I also learned 4chan can't handle a pic that is 5312x7744 so I had to scale it down to 1920x2966 so it might be a bit blurrier.

Starting at the top going left to right

XV-15 Stealth Suit (closest to firewarrior size while still being a suit)
XV-25 Stealth Suit
XV-22 Stealth Suit
XV-8 Crisis Suit (Old Sculpt)
XV8? Crisis Suit "Legacy Variant" (Farsight)
XV9 Close Support Battlesuit

XV9 (R'Alai as the other one was too wide for this shot)
XV88 Broadside Battlesuit
XV8? Commander Crisis Suit (Leaning Fine Caste Model)
XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit
XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit

XV95 again
XV104 Riptide
XV107 R'Varna Battlesuit

XV107 again
128 Stormsurge
Imperial Knight (For comparison)

I skipped many of the forgeworld XV8 variants, and the y'varah as this was taking too long to do anyway and I don't have a Ta'Unar yet.
>>
File: Traitor_Med_Armour_Mk-3_01b.jpg (199 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Traitor_Med_Armour_Mk-3_01b.jpg
199 KB, 900x900
>>44033676
that is a lot of unmarked csm. ok I guess. If you replaced the first squad with chosen you could have had a lot more flamers (five flamers AND a combi flamer)

what is the point on the power swords? swap the powersword for a 2nd melta gun. I could see giving a power sword to your flamer CSM, but on the raptors and bikers it seems odd.

las sponsons but autocannon main gun? idk man... fwiw that is the most attractive loadout though (pic related)

vindis are alright but they attract a ton of fire.

I love the new raptor models but I have strong doubts about their effectiveness versus bikes. If you can make their deep strike and jump packs work then all the more power to you, but keep them safe because they lack jink and are only t4 like bikes

The biggest issues I see with this list are:

>No anti air (heldrake or fortification)
>lowish model count (cultists)
>not much long range support (oblits)
>>
>>44033919
powerswords are fine because forced to challenge :)
>>
File: Suits.png (8 MB, 1920x2966) Image search: [Google]
Suits.png
8 MB, 1920x2966
>>44033912
I forgot to change out to the right pic woops
>>
>>44033971
>posting gundams when you're not on /a/

seriously >>>/a/ or >>>/toy/
>>
>>44033971
>he doesn't even have the forgeworld giant super robot
>>
Hey all, having discovered Genghis Khan bing bong recasters, I've decided to get back into the game. I've always kept tabs on the meta and theory crafted, and wanted to make a fun, smashy list that incorporated a tonne of things I liked. R8 no h8 m8.

Iron Hands
-Combined Arms Detachment

Combined Arms Detachment 731
---
Smashbro 255
-The Gorgon's Chain, Power Fist, Lightning Claw, Artificer Armor, Space Marine Bike

Techmarine 90
Space Marine Bike

5x Command Squad 200
Space Marine Bikes, 4x Meltagun, 2x Stormshield, Apothecary

3x Bike Squad 93
-2x Grav-gun 30

3x Bike Squad 93
-2x Grav-gun 30

Nemesis Strike Force Formation 740
---
Grey Knight Librarian 135
Mastery Level 3

5x Grey Knight Terminator Squad 155

Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight 225
Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Personal Teleporter

Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight 225
Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Personal Teleporter

Knight Gallant - aoe thing
>>
>>44034033
Ah fuck I copied the outdated one.

Smashbro just has a hammer, command squad has grav, basic bike squads have melta, and the terminators have a psycannon with like 30 points left over.
>>
>>44031525
Blind? Just give them two markerlights to ignore cover.
>>
>>44034108
The stormsurge got around this by having TWO heads on the model and if they both go down the fire warriors inside can just stand up and look out the window!
>>
>>44034027
Those look like recasts, so he's probably ordered one which will take awhile. £250 is a lot for a gundam, regardless of how cool a centrepiece it is.
>>
>>44034155
>£250 is a lot for
Filthy poorfag.
>>
>>44034155
Fully half of my army(I own like 6000 points of space marines) are Recasts. The recasts are so indistinguishable that even I can't tell which one is real and which one isn't. Leave it to a fucking mongoloid to think he can actually tell which models in someone's collection are recasts.
>>
>>44034027
Hard enough to get a game with a 200 pt heavy support / fast attack from FW let alone a 600 pt LoW.
>>
>>44034155
Hate to break it to you but none of those are recasts and as far as I am aware of I don't own any recasts (but I am suspicious of one of the used tetras I got who only has 3 of them?)
>>
>>44033919
Yeah, main problem seems like my unmarked CSM will get swept, hopefully this is addressed in the new CSM book whenever that comes out. But I really do like running marines for cool factor.

My idea with the power swords was to have a little anti-MEQ assault ability on some fast squads, so my bikes and raptors are anti-AV-needs-to-be-melta'd but if there are no tanks or I need to hit some devastators or something I could do so.

If I dropped the power weapons and ML2 on the sorcerer I have 55 points to play with, didn't take oblits because I wanted to run a mech list so I have 7 AV models, lascannon havocs could replace the vindicators maybe? in the end they might be just as effective as pie plate anyway but at range
>>
>>44034343
You could probably figure out if they're recasts by taking a drill to the bottom of the model. The only real give-away would be that if you drill open a model that's normally made in plastic, and the drill produces a white or yellow dust(Please wear a respirator when doing this. Said dust can and will give you cancer, it's a Carcinogen)
>>
>>44034381
Well tetra's are normally resin and it could just be from a different batch compared to the other 2 tetras either way I wasn't worried about it.
>>
>>44034155
I've got some recasts, but I prefer to support my local businesses
>>
>>44030941
The Xenos Who Stole Christmas, a harrowing tale of Captain Lou Who's exploits against the vile Necron Menace.

Buy the ebook from Black Library for only $4,000.
>>
>>44034231
>look like
>look like
>look like

Oh, shitposter. Not that guy by the way, I just forgot one of the traits of shitposters is the inability to read.
>>
>>44034231
Good for you m8, but I did say look like. I didn't say they were. I never even fucking commented on my view of them either. As for if it was in my hands, yes, I could tell.

>>44034343
Never said they were, just said they looked like. They could have been. Possible. Theoretically. Maybe. Possibly. I never made a statement on what they were or were not. I just said they looked like it.

>>44034381
They're also often lighter in shade and in weight.

>>44034727
Good for you, I never claimed otherwise.

>>44034173
It is for lots of people. Not for me thou.
>>
>>44034822
>Good for you, I never claimed otherwise.

I never claimed you didn't

I get it, poorfags gonna poorfag (even I was once) and when you're looking at getting oblits you can go recast metal or finecast fail.

I've been complemented on my recast metal oblits for being "og" and "looking so good"
>>
>>44034822
>They're also often lighter in shade and in weight.
It really depends on the recaster. Zanchui uses an extremely similar resin to Forgeworld, so from what I've seen his stuff are too close in weight to really distinguish them like that. Of course, the easiest way to hide them by color is to just put primer on everything. CCON's stuff is yellow though, so it's pretty damn obvious when not primed.

I have no idea what Miranda's stuff would be like, as I haven't bothered yet to obtain a vouchsafe from someone on the reddit.
>>
/tg/ how do you beat craftworld eldar with dark eldar
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 800x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 800x354
>>44024545
I would've said Glaive. But it depends on how your army plays so tell us more.
>>
>>44029427
>>most psykers loyalist force,

Blood Ravens say Hi.
>>
File: Jonahlibrarianminiature.png (566 KB, 489x613) Image search: [Google]
Jonahlibrarianminiature.png
566 KB, 489x613
>>44030941
Ahhh the Blood Magpies have found a challenger!

Say I need a list to destroy Eldar with Blood Ravens. The pansy cone head loves to use dire avengers and fucking warp spiders.

I tried to use sky hammer formation but the mother fucker re rolls everything and has invulnerable for everything. WTF...

please help, sincerely Jonah Orion.
P.S. if you help me, another member of our company will post a reply and with pictures of his, cheers.
>>
>>44029427
>Burning of Prospero is ages away you retard. It's the 3rd of the 3rd trilogy.
>The next one is the Dark Angels I believe. Then Space Wolves and something else. Then Burning of Prospero.
Current plans have Burning of Prospero as book seven.
>>
>>44034945
If the CWE is playing competative you can't barring you being able to win objectives and avoid being tabled.
>>
>>44035235
Why did they made the eldar codex so cheesy? they literally re-roll for everything except close combat.... sometimes.
>>
>>44035607
You also find that every new edition DEldar lose a unique special rule, buff, or upgrade and CWE gain it.

Some examples are that only DE were base ws/ bs 4, or that DE lost FF on almost everything, but CWE just got a new 15 point upgrade option on their vehicles that gives them an invulnerable save.

Next edition expect DE to lose the new WWP rules and CWE to gain them.
>>
>>44035694
that is such bullshit. I still cant get on the "omg I re-roll the dice that I want to just to get moar warp charges, hurr durr.

Not to mention they took away Vect from the book.
>>
>>44035607
Because as soon as Wraithknights got a twinlinked sD weapon all the kids went out and spent mommy and daddy's money on them
>>
>>44035694
technically the CWE would only be regaining the WWP, rather than just stealing it

Making guardians/vehicles WS/BS4 was a huge fucking mistake, though.
>>
>>44035756
WK's have two SD weapons not a twinlinked one
>>
>>44035756
back in 3rd and 4th, eldar where the pro army. You had to be very specific, now a days the armie plays by itself and gives you re-roll on everything with super bs.

Blood Ravens guy here: I played vs an eldar today 1200 pts.
Had sky hammer formation: 2 dev squads with palsmas, 10 man team each and two 10 man assault squads with flamers, eviscerators etc...

I couldnt even wipe a fucking unit out of the table, because of all his "invulnerables and invulnerable re-rolls" granted he kept rolling 6's all the fucking time.

It took 20 god damn assault marines to take down 10 avengers and Eldrad "who did not fucking die but ran way later to re-group"
>>
>>44035720
Eh chill, Deldar will get cheesey, they're just running on the dreggs of an old codex (which destroyed a couple tourneys in 6th edition)

Eldar get cheesey because eldar fags ruin everything

Just look at DoW, the bug where eldar got bonus accuracy while running was not only never patched, but they still received buffs and were never nerfed.

Maybe God is real and he plays eldar
>>
>>44035694
Nonsense.
At this point in time, Dark Eldar perform the very specific function of being the Craftworld's Chauffers. In this way, GW believes you're gonna spend money on the Dark Eldar codex plus whatever DE HQ mini you desire. They'll gain slightly more money this way.
>>
>>44035833
Pfft the reapers where intended to shoot while they moved. The problem was that in WA they could spam 9 fire prisms while everyone else could spam a max of 6 tanks. They where such bullshit in a sense of them spamming a lot of shit.

Meanwhile you get your marine which are worth shit compared to fucking dire avengers who ravage your ass. They WILL get in range to shoot at you, always.
>>
>>44035999
it's all eldar units who have a bonus to accuracy while running
>>
>>44023857
I think this is the right place for this question.
What editions of Warhammer 40k is considered "funhammer" , the parody sci-fi fest before it became grim dark we know. Please help me in this matter , /tg/.
>>
Sooo... how do i go about building an Eldar army that doesn't make me look like a cheesing asshole?
>>
>>44036204
play dark eldar
>>
>>44036204
play dark eldar, play harlequins

play CAD CWE with no wraith, no scatter and if it says "re-roll invulnerable" don't take it.
>>
Death Company here. Carnifexes a shit.

Anyone else have any particularly succesful games this weekend?

I played Blood Angels versus Tyranid in a 1000-pt game. An 8-man Death Company squad got whittled down to 5 by a venom cannon in my opponent's turn one, then proceeded to power fist two Carnifexes into a pulp during my turn.

It left my Tyranid buddy with no effective counters for a Furioso and Librarian Dreadnought, and made me pretty happy as I cleaned house during my second and third turns.
>>
>>44036266
I played kill teams unbound, 200 points, blah blah blah, maelstrom of war

My friend forgot his models so he had to borrow some of my marines.

The dice were not on his side, then he didn't want to play and instead he wanted to build some of his models.
>>
Any signs of Doom of Mymeara 2e rules?

Based Branstark has been quiet.
>>
>>44036204
Footslog.
Use terrain instead of transports.
Also be fluffy. Really that counts for a lot.
>>
>>44028412
I use a balanced all comers force and im around the 60% mark, don't even have to use the Green Tide tar(d)blob.

The main thing I think is not to play decurions.
I do well enough against 'crons and Space wolves as is and Tyranids always make a great brawl.
>>
>>44035833
Wow.
It's been a decade and you can't let that shit go.
/tg/, in a nutshell.
>>
>>44036421
I've been playing it recently because dark crusade is the best warham vidya
>>
I have a small army of Tau

3 XV88 Crisis Suits

2 - 12 man squads of fire warriors with 2 drones each mounted in devilfishes

3 stealth suits

1 hammerhead

1 kroot squad

I'm thinking of getting either a Riptide or Ghostkeel for christmas.

Which one should i get (can't afford the new codex just yet and haven't had a chance to read over the PDF version here.)
>>
>>44035999
How is that happening because you let them hold a relic that long not mean you're actually shit at DoW?
>>
>>44036432
So who's to blame for that? I don't get over shit either, but I've learned just to leave it alone.
>>
>>44036454
Hey, if there's an eldar hate thread for them being cheesey and asking about the history of cheese I'll bring up old shit

Maybe you should take a nap instead of picking fights with your grognard brethren
>>
>>44031054
Red paint job and grot riggers are a waste of points for your delivery wagons.
Give the nobz klaws, cut the gretchin squad. Deffkoptas are usually better than buggies but that's up to you.
>>
>Units may assault from reserves, however they count as making a disordered charge.
>Units may assault from deepstrike, however they count as making a disordered charge and the unit(s) charged may Overwatch at their normal ballistic skill. Units/formations that can already assault from deep strike instead do not count as disordered and enemy units use the normal rules for Overwatch.
>If you wipe out a unit in CC, you may consolidate into a new enemy unit if you have the necessary movement, but they may immediately Overwatch at their full ballistic skill.
>>
>>44036523
>needlessly complicated and shitty rules

don't quit your day job
>>
>>44036472

That's not bad advice.

Well, like flies to shit bitching about Eldar brings me around, too. Hey look it's the same old whining about the same old anecdotes with a high likelyhood of somebody getting "ironically" called a faggot.

That's the problem about arguing from volition: everyone can. Woo.

I'll really disappointed if someone doensn't start claiming that a Bonesinger can wipe a squad of Guardsmen in melee.

Or that Farseer can take any other HQ solo.

Or that Dragons and Reapers beat Marines in HtH.

There was a whole list of stuff. You got a copy?

Banshees that kill Baneblades, Fire Prisms that wipe bases... there was something for Wraithlords, but I think it was simple like they format your C drive when they activate a synch kill.
>>
File: laughing elves.jpg (102 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
laughing elves.jpg
102 KB, 300x269
>>44036556
>but I think it was simple like they format your C drive when they activate a synch kill.
>>
>>44036531
What a well-reasoned and helpful response. If I may offer a rebuttal, those are hardly complicated by 40k standards and they address the major criticism of assault from deepstrike.
>>
>>44036152
Warhammer 40K-The rouge trader aka the 1st edition is considered like that.

Can't say much for 2nd edition though.
>>
>>44036523
if you're going that route

>shooting after exiting a vehicle, entering from reserves or deep striking is snap-fired
>>
>>44036582
not him but

>If you wipe out a unit in CC, you may consolidate into a new enemy unit if you have the necessary movement, but they may immediately Overwatch at their full ballistic skill.

is far more complicated than anything in the base rulebook 40k is actually a very simple game
>>
>>44036436
anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>
>>44036603
stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp
>>
>>44036599
>entering from reserves or deep striking is snap-fired
Those would be fine, although transports don't need another nerf.
>>44036602
40k used to have the ability to assault new units after wiping the old one. This just add Overwatch on top of that.
>>
>>44036610
square square square square square
>>
>>44036619
you are appending charging to consolidation, and modifying overwatch in this one case which won't show up in most games

it is literally the definition of rule creep and bloat where you are just mashing together things and then modifying them so they work entirely different than the rest of the game
>>
>>44036585
Thanks, kind anon.
>>
Anyone got a good name for a FlashGitz Boss?
>>
>>44036621
A riptide is a very strong addition to any Tau army, but it's also borderline OP on its own. Bringing one to games less than 1k in point is considered bad form.

The Ghostkeel is a lot more sensible and balanced yet still strong and a nice big centerpiece battlesuit. I'd go for it.
>>
>>44036806
Zoggin' Git
>>
>>44030941
>How Trayzyn Stole Sanguinala
>>
>>44024318
That's not a difficult concept to understand. While you might know it's a load of zeros and ones, its fucking useless to you unless you understand what all those numbers actually refer to.

Its the same with how its fine to let someone hear/read an encrypted, scrambled conversation, so long as they don't have the key.
>>
File: b17.png (84 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
b17.png
84 KB, 510x546
>>44036818
Git Zogga it is :D

Also has anyone seen how much more toxic the other 40k General is? We should do this more often
>>
>>44036860
Which other 40k general?
>>
>>44036204
Take wk. Maybe two. And don't give a fuck about shitty codexes. U still can play against glorious taucrons masterraces.
>>
>>44036873

>>44021836
Here thar be toxic!!
>>
>>44036859
>Decrypt daemonic texts and zxenos languages
>Can't break binary too hard

It's the Inquisition we are talking about. With near limitless resources and time.
>>
>>44036918
>crons
>top tier

You know that everyone figured out that you can WALK AWAY FROM THE DECURION which moves SIX INCHES A TURN and then the necron player loses right?

Right?
>>
>>44036967
What happens when they stop walking and stand on objectives....
>>
>>44036994
There are five other objectives you can destroy man, don't let the game's worst deathstar get you down
>>
Anyone have I am slaughter in poorfag epub/mobi/pdf/text mode?
>>
>>44036967
>>44037003
What makes you think a Decurion detachment is a single, slow unit? Wraiths, Scarabs, Tomb Blades, Praetorians, flyers, deep striking Deathmarks/Flayed Ones, JSJ Destroyers etc. can all be part of a Decurion.
>>
>>44037043
because the boogey man of the 'cron decurion is the shitty deathstar, if it's just random units doing whatever it's not top tier, it just durdles around like every other codex
>>
>>44036967
>Cron players
>being as big of faggots as the Eldar player

For fuck sakes, at least the Tau players admit their shit is OP. Fuck off with your T4 4+/4++ troop choices.
>>
>>44037058
What the fuck are you even on about, Decurion never had a deathstar boogeyman. The only boogeyman it had was the Wraith formation but it's not even 500 points maxed out and it's spread out on 3 units. Armywide 4+ RP and Move Through Cover is very strong regardless of what you take.
>>
>>44037136
Don't forget about relentless.
>>
>>44036152
When the grim dark began to be taken seriously as opposed to the joke that it is. That's when.
>>
>‘You look familiar,’ Lukas slurred. ‘Did I know your mother?’ He jabbed the boy in the chest with a finger as he spoke.

>‘I don’t know, brother,’ the young Blood Claw replied. ‘We have this conversation every time you revel.’ Unlike Lukas, who had come through the procedures and rituals of becoming a Space Marine with a relatively solid hold on the events of his past life, the junior Blood Claw had lost most of the memories of his youth on Fenris.

>‘I think you have my eyes. It must have been your great, maybe great-great, grandmother I was… acquainted with.’ Lukas laughed, long and hard. ‘Now then, what’s this business about an Archenemy fleet?’

Marines confirmed for sexy times.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.