[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amnesiac Quest -Part 2 of 2-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: amnesia.jpg (27 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
amnesia.jpg
27 KB, 600x377
This will be the last part of the introduction to this larger quest I am planning
Part 1:http://pastebin.com/hj1bjycj
Tl;dr: you're Johnathan (self-given name), an amnesiac guy who has been recently sent to Yamaku Academy, a school for disabled students. Not much has occurred so far but you did discover that the new student who arrived a week earlier died in unclear circumstances.

==========

You wake up in your new room. It is small, but it looks ten times more comfortable than the hospital room you spent your last week in.

This is going to be your first school day at Yamaku. You don't know anyone here, you haven't had time to meet dorm mates either. Looks like you will have to share your kitchen and the shower with up to 3 more students, but you have a smaller private bathroom for your personal use.

You're up way earlier than you should be, and you blame excitement for it.
You can't remember anything of your past school, and of your past classmates, except for that one girl who visited you while you were sick. What a strange thing she asked of you: to remember that she came to visit. And you find it hard not to oblige, given that the rest of your past is a mystery.

Laying in bed, thinking of the future, you're interrupted by heavy knocking on the door.

You were not expecting visits, and you're not (yet) ready to meet strangers. On the other hand it could be an inspection from the medical personnel, active 24/7. You have to make a decision.

>Open the door
>pretend to be asleep
>>
>>44000059
>>Open the door
>>
>>44000653
Reluctantly, you get up and open the door.

Standing next to you is a guy with brown ruffled air and glasses so thick his eyes almost disappear. He's wearing a strange yellow-and-red scarf.

"What are you doing here, huh? Who are you to begin with? Are you a spy?"

"I am not a spy, I am just the new student"

The guy comes uncomfortably close, so much that you can smell his garlic breath. Is he trying to suffocate people with that?
He smiles as he finally understood something
"Oh right, you do look new. Pleased to meet you, I am Kenji."
"The pleasure is mine", you respond hesitantly. "I am Johnathan".

Kenji nods approvingly. "Johnathan, eh? Very well. You better listen to me and follow my advice. This school is a cove of feminists and raving lunatics, and I am the only sane person left." He frowns "Lest you end up as Hisao".

You swallow your spit in discomfort, and Kenji seems to pick up on the noise of it.

"There, there, no need to worry. I will resurrect him using blood magic. I've been learning about it on the internet. Do you want to come into my room? I have charts and informations, I am sure you'll like it"

You have a bad feeling about the whole situation, but you have to make a decision

>Follow him
>Make up an excuse
>>
>>44001073
>Make up an excuse
>>
>>44001073
>>Make up an excuse
>>
>>44001644
>>44001754

No one who blabbers about blood magic can be sane of mind. Actually, now that you think of it, he might as well think of using you as a human sacrifice.

"Well, to be honest I still have to talk with the nurse, I want to get that done before class begins. Do you mind?"

He is visibly displeased, but he just comments
"Whatever man. Can I borrow some money?"

"I have no money on me", you answer. It's the truth: as far as you know you don't own a wallet or anything like that, so you can't possibly lend him money.

He turns away and closes his door, saying "Seeya later, man!"

You decide to take the opportunity to take a shower and wear the school uniform. It isn't too formal, nor too restraining, and it feel fresh and comfortable on your skin.

You have about an hour before the beginning of your first class. You can either

>Visit the nurse
>Take a trip around the school
>>
>>44001942
>Take a trip around the school
Random encounters!
>>
File: feminists ks.jpg (84 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
feminists ks.jpg
84 KB, 900x900
>>44001942
>Visit the nurse
Because Kenji is obviously stalking us right now since we've just put ourselves on his Totally A Fucking Spy list, and also seeing the nurse probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
>>
>>44002093
>>44002135

p-pls
>>
>>44002174
Why not both?
>>
>>44002174
If it's taking too long for your taste, you could just roll a d2 to break the tie.

i bet the feminists did this
>>
>>44002333
Alright.

You head for the Nurse office. You have to ask for directions a couple of times, but you eventually find it.
The nurse is surprisingly young, a tall man with a wide grin on his face.
"Welcome, Johnathan. Make yourself comfortable! How have you been?"

"Fine, apart from the holes in my memory">

A shadow passes through the nurse's face.
"I am sorry, Johnathan. I can not tell you more about it. And you came here at a dark time, too. Please don't mistake your classmates sadness for coldness." He smiles again "But I will be here all day if you need me! Now, I will just check you up and then you're free to go!"

The visit is quick, and you're off the hook shortly.

"Here, John: this is your wallet. The school will provide for most expenses, but you have a monthly allowance of 50 000 yen for other things. By the way, it's still early for class, why don't you visit the school facilities? You have half an hour, you can head for the library or for the track"

>Head for the library
>Head for the running track
>>
>>44002778
>>
>>44002778

>nurse can't tell us more about our amnesia
I can't shake the feeling that there's something off here.
>>
>>44002905
Hit me with your guesses Anon! I like making my players wonder about things

>>44002885
You ask direction for the running track, and the Nurse is happy to provide for them.

"If you see a tiny girl with puppy eyes bent on running faster than the light, tell her I say hi!", he says smiling. "She's a very nice girl, I am sure you will be friends in no time!"

The nurse office isn't so far away from the running track. There is, indeed, a tiny girl running. She barely notices you.
But you have the time to observe her. Her eyes are wide open, her hair is made into a ponytail. She looks hellbent.
It's only after she's run her first lap that you notice she has no legs. She's running on prosthetics. The sheer willpower and strength flowing from this girl makes you feel uncomfortable.

Gradually, the girl slows down until she stops. You walk by and try to strike a conversation

"hey!"
"hello", she replies, coldly, the determined face turned into a mask of stone.
"The nurse said I could find you here."
"And you did"
Pause. The conversation is dead, you don't know how to proceed. The girl turns her back on you and starts stretching.
"He told me to greet you on his behalf"
"I will tell him you did just that", she says. Then, she gathers her stuff and leave.

If this is going to be the attitude of people towards you, then probably the hospital was better, you reason.

Resigned, you head into your class.
The professor is waiting outside.

"Oh, you must be the new student, Johnathan. I am Mutou, homeroom professor. Do you want to introduce yourself to the class?"

>"I don't think it's a good idea"
>"Alright"
>>
>>44003102
>"I don't think it's a good idea"
Lets play it safe.
>>
>>44003102
>>"I don't think it's a good idea"
>>
>>44003134
>>44003206

"I don't think it's a good idea"

And who would think the opposite? You're an amnesiac for crying out loud, you don't remember anything about your past.

The professor brings you in and briefly introduces you to the class. Then he starts handing out assignments.

"Johnathan, we will work in groups. Find an open spot and join one".

The very second he says that, everybody starts looking intensely at their assignment and pretend you're not there.

You are seated next to a tall, dark girl, who seems to be a severe burn victim.
"Can we work together on this?", you ask.
The girl does not respond, but nods slightly.
You start working out the calculation and you're amazed that you can go through them almost effortlessly. Where does this mathematical knowledge come from? You have no clue. You can't remember.

You try to look at the girl sitting next to you. She's attractive, in her own way, but when she notices you looking at her, she stops right in her track.

You think that you've done something wrong, and go back to your calculations. A few minutes later your classmate just drops everything and leaves.
This makes you feel extremely uncomfortable.

As the bell rings and your put your pen down, you try to take a peek at the dead boy's desk. It has a picture of him on it, and flowers are laid on top of it. All your classmates get out of the class for lunch, but you have nowhere to go. You notice the girl who woke you up at the funeral pass by you, but you decide not to try to talk with her.
Your stomach grumbles, and you have to make a decision

>Go back to your room until next period
>Follow the stream of people to the cafeteria.
>>
>>44003366
>Follow the stream of people to the cafeteria.
SOCIAL LINKAN GAEMS

>>44003102
>I like making my players wonder about things
Mainly just curious about why a nurse in a school for disabled people either does not have knowledge about conditions of the children under his care; or else is unwilling for discuss these conditions with the people whom they concern - especially for a condition like amnesia whose full repercussions aren't apparent to the person that it affects.

And of course, why you'd send someone who has a seemingly chronic condition of I Fucking Forget Things to go learn shit in a school for people not specifically catered to getting treating said condition. Why would anyone ever treat it the same way you do physical disabilities?
>>
>>44003366
>>Follow the stream of people to the cafeteria.
>>
>>44003494
I think you will find out more about this in time. Johnathan is suffering from amnesia, and this is probably why he's in a school with full time medical personnel. Nothing so far should make you think he has a mental disability as in ADHD or Down's syndrome. It's not a physical disability strictu sensu though, I will give you that much

>follow the stream

The cafeteria is exceedingly spacious, probably to accomodate to student needs. Showing the school ID in your wallet is enough to earn you a free meal, but the food is lousy at best.

Sitting down to eat, all of a sudden you hear a sonorous laugher. You turn in the direction of it and you see a bubbly girl with pink drills. You look around see that most people are looking at her just like you are.
The girl seems to have realized that she has done something wrong, and shrinks in an attempt to disappear.
How curious: she's sitting with the strict girl from the funeral.

Lunchtime is over and you head back to the class. The afternoon lessons are boring, but you don't seem to have a problem in keeping up. It's your lack of motivation that is keeping you down.

As you head towards your room, you find Kenji standing there.

"Dude, do you have money now?"
"Kenji, you sure are a man with objectives", you say half sarcastically, but he doesn't seem to grasp it. He replies smugly "Of course! I am always on the ball! Always on the lookout! You ought to be too, mate! Let your guard down and they will kill you like they killed Hisao".

"They... killed Hisao?"

Kenji laughs, as if he wanted to mock you.
"What do you think, John? That people just jump off roofs for the fun of it? The truth is darker than that, my friend. And it will be your for the low low price of 400 yen!"
He puts his hand out in expectation
"And then if you wish you can come visit my room, where we'll discuss the details of Hisao's mysterious death"

>hand him the money but refuse to step in
>hand in the money and follow him
>>
>>44003791
Never trust Kenji.

Just red the pastebin again and I find this part really fishy.
>"How are you feeling, hm... Johnathan?"
>How odd that he hesitates on your name. You're fairly sure he should know it, and yet his reluctance in uttering your name seems oddly calculated
>>
>>44003791
"I'll spot you 400 yen if you need it, Kenji, but I'm not about to pay people for gossip, regardless of whether it may be true. I'm not that kind of person - or at least, I think I wasn't."

I'm not saying he has a mental disability per se, but a school specifically does not teach mentally disabled students would similarly be ill-equipped to teach anyone with anterograde amnesia or any similar condition which prevents the conversion of short-term memory to long-term.

And if it's 'just' retrograde amnesia, then sending him to a school for disabled people will likely be of similarly little help.
>>
>>44004018
>>44003870

You reluctantly hand him the money, scared that he might pursue you to hell and back just for some spare change, but decline his invitation to enter his room.

He looks dissatisfied, but lets you go on your way.

You find yourself wandering aimlessly in the school. No direction, no purpose. Yet somehow, you manage to enter what seems to be the school library.

A girl in her twenties is at the desk, writing on what seems to be a rather large register.

"Hello, I've never seen you before here. Are you a student"
"Yes, although I was transferred here recently"
Her face becomes sadder , but she tries to regain her composture

"Oh, hm, I see. Is there anything I can help you with?"
"Not really, I didn't come here for the books"
"What brought you here, then?"
You take a deep breath. You're skeptical about talking openly about this with someone, but on the other hand, this is the only option to talk with someone who is not crazy that came up so far.

"Why do people hate me?"
The face of the librarian gets sadder
"We don't, I mean, they don't! We are just sad because... I mean they are sad... Oh no, you believe I hate you don't you? Please don't, I don't hate anyone, if you were to say something like that I could lose my job and I really need..."

You are hit by a torrent of words and you almost regret opening your mouth. Then all of a sudden she stops

"Can you please look over the desk? I need to take care of an errand, and I keep postponing it. It's nothing hard I promise, you just need to sit there and wait for me. I will be back!"

She rushes out of the library.You hadn't even agreed to anything and yet here you are. Apparently all the people you talk with are trying to force stuff down your throat. Especially this librarian and that Kenji dude, they'd make a perfect duo,you think.

Something catches your eyes while you're lost in thoughts.
A big set of keys seems to be laying on the desk. It has a tag "Keys-All rooms".

>take them
>ignore them
>>
>>44004312
>ignore them
>>
>>44004312
>ignore them
>>
>>44004357
>>44004459

the keys look tempting but you decide against taking them.
They're probably more trouble than they're worth. For how little you know the librarian, you feel she's the kind of woman who could unleash the hounds on you and find no rest until you've atone till the very last of your sins.

You find this fantasy quite amusing, and you're violently brought back to reality by the librarian storming in.

"Oh there you are! Thank you! Thank you so much!" She bows down so quickly and recklessly that you start fearing for her own safety.

She straightens up again and smiles "My name is Yuuko, by the way. Who are you?"
"I am Johnathan"
"Nice to meet you, Johnathan. Do you like reading?"

You wonder if the librarian has forgot that you didn't come here for books, but decide to answer anyway.
"I guess, yeah. Though I couldn't name a book I enjoyed particularly"
"Well, the school library has quite a selection! Give a look around and don't hesitate to borrow any book you like!"

You decide that while you're here, you might as well pick up something. The selection is indeed impressive, and you decide to borrow a book about theories about the multiverse.

You register the book at Yuuko's desk and head out, just to witness the oddest scene so far in your new school: Kenji, running with his arms stretched out behind him, screaming at the top of his lungs.

>Try to follow him
>Ignore the matter entirely
>>
>>44004681
>Ignore the matter entirely
NOPE.jpg
>>
>>44004681
>Other
>Go check the place he was running from. It's likely to be faster and more informative.
>>
>>44004681
>try to follow him
>>
>>44004739
>>44004745

You decide to dodge him by retreating briefly into the library.

"Something's wrong?", Yuuko asks.
You shake your head. "I just thought I dropped my ID, but I guess it's not here". You get out slowly and get cover by hiding behind the vending machine. You try to peek over it to check the hallway, but before you can do that, you hear footsteps coming from the direction Kenji was running from. You quickly withdraw your head and wait until the footsteps get further before trying to peek again.

You are not certain since they're giving you their backs, but you think the bubblegum-haired girl and the stern one are both heading towards the direction Kenji was running to.

It's not unrealistic to believe that Kenji was startled and in fear for his life when he saw those two approach, but you wonder why would he get out of his room to begin with.

Eventually, curiosity leads you to cautiously follow them from a distance.
You try to be stealthy and follow them from a distance, until the road leads to the exit to the running track.

The girls open the door and walk there.
You're maybe 20 steps behind them, using the corridor's turn as a cover. As they get further away into the track, you cautiously head for the last corridor.

Suddenly, a door opens and you're pulled in, a hand over your mouth to prevent you from screaming.

It's Kenji, with a finger in front of his lips, telling you to stay quiet.
"Calm down man, we can see what they're up to from this window right here. Just don't scream, ok? You'll blow our cover"

>Run away
>Stay and watch.
>>
>>44004983
>Stay and watch.
What could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>44004983
>Stay and watch.
>Ask him quietly what exactly it is we're supposed to be watching.
>>
>>44005058
>>44005065

You decide it's probably better to wait there for the time being.

"Kenji, my friend. Would you care to tell me just what the heck is going on?"
"SHHSH!". Silenced abruptly, you feel rage rising in you, but eventually you come to think Kenji was right: you hear more footsteps headed to the running track. Two people, if the sound isn't tricking you, plus what sounds like a metal stick.

"They're still around. Don't talk until it's safe. Here, wear these". He hands you a set of headphones, connected by a black wire God knows where to. You notice he's wearing them too, while he uses what looks like a rather sophisticated binoculars to observe through the window the odd meeting taking place in the running track.

He is crouching behind a table and you do the same, trying to catch a glimpse of what's going on, but you can barely make out some human figures standing in the middle of the track.

"4,5,6, one's missing. Eheh, I will be that number 7!"
"Is it safe to talk now?"
"Of course! Do you take me for a fool?"
'Yes, the biggest one I've met so far', you think, but decide not to say. "See man? You should have listened to me. You should have listened to me all along. We could have stopped this blood rite".
"Blood rite? What?"
"Yeah man. Don't worry, we'll hear every word they say and come out at the most opportune time. I've installed some hidden microphones in the track, they're connected to our headsets. They're done for, we've busted 'em".

The more you hear him rambling the more this makes you uncomfortable

>Get out of the room and reach the girls
>Spy them from Kenji's hideout
>>
>>44005366
>Spy them from Kenji's hideout
Again what could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>44005366
>Spy on them from Kenji's hideout
>So, now that it's safe to talk: Kenji, would you care to tell me just what the heck is going on?
>I ask merely so that I won't be surprised by what happens next, you understand.
>>
>>44005446
>>44005558

"No, no, no. Misha: refer to Shizune. We've been going over this. Only those involved will contribute to the Reality Marble used to keep innocent students out of this. If we use their life energy then there's no point in protecting them to begin with."
The words coming from the radio just make no sense.
"Kenji, my friend, my sole friend, my dear friend: I don't get anything. What is going on?"
A dark grin spreads on his face. "An ancient, dark and forbidden ritual is taking place. I've been studying this for a lifetime but I didn't ever think it would occur to me. The girls gathered in the track are going to summon seven demons from the Depths of Hell, then fight each other to death. Of course there's a problem. Well more than one. First, they can't agree how to fight without harming others. Pfft, as they will stick to it. They just want the power of the demons to establish a feminist tyrannocracy. Second, they need seven people, and they're only six. I Will claim the last demon and fight against them to protect all men!"
You are about to explain Kenji that he's talking gibberish again, that they're probably just discussing school-related subjects, when you hear something that petrifies you.
"Fair point, Shicchan, very true, very true, wahaha. Come on, Kenji, new guy, get out of there. Did you really think we wouldn't know you were there?"

Panic overtakes Kenji, who takes a leap back and breaks his headphones. You still don't believe Kenji's odd ideas about blood rites, so you just decide to get up and get out.
"What are you doing man? They're gonna kill you!"
"Yeah, sure. Listen, you said you would come out at the most opportune time. I think that time's now". You get out and close the door, but you hear it opening again as Kenji is determined to follow you.

Six girls stand in the track, just like Kenji said.

(1/2)
>>
>>44006045

"My, my", says a tall, blonde girl, with a metal sticks in her hand. "Were you eavesdropping?"

"Yes, we were. My apologies."
The girl chuckles. You see the girl you saw earlier today at the running track, with a strange and maddened expression on her face.

"So you admit to your crimes? You admit to trying to get involved into matters that are bigger than you. Much, much bigger"

"Look, honestly I just followed Kenji here and..."

"Were you, or were you not trying to spy on us, newbie? Give us a straight answer"

You take a deep breath. "Yes, we were"

"Very well", she says calmly. "Then, DIE!"

She produces a sharp knife out of nowhere. You lead your hands in front of you and close your eyes, to brace for impact.
The noise of metal against metal surprises you, as much as the sudden pain you feel in your hand. You open your eyes slowly and touch the hand in pain with your other hand, trying to check for blood loss, but you can't feel anything. What you do see, however, is a red tattoo that was never before on the back of you hand.

And, even more impressively, a tall, dark figure, completely covered in metal, with a drawn sword used to block the legless girl's knife.

"Not very knightly of you", he comments, in a deep and stern voice.

"Who-just who the hell are you?", stutters the limbless girl.

He pays no attention to her however, as he turns his back on her and kneels in front of you with his sword planted on the ground.

"I heeded your call. Now, tell me: are thou my Master?"

==========

End of the introduction.
>captcha: select all wheelchairs.
>>
>>44006045
>>44006138

these were both me, sorry, forgot to use the tripcode.

I will start again tomorrow, comments and ideas are welcome.
>>
>>44006195
What just happend?
>>
>>44006045
>>44006138
Fuck.

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this.
>>
>>44006218
if you don't know, then stay around to see how this cliffhanger evolves!
>>44006221
to which, is this a pleasant or a bad surprise?
>>
>>44006218
Apparent Katawa Shoujo quest was an elaborate ruse to hide the Nasuverse lurking within.

We totally aren't an Archer with Independent Action who ACTUALLY has memory loss due to a defective summoning. We really aren't, since we have Command Seals, but it would have been a hilarious twist, if we were.
>>
>>44006261
Any hints as to which Knight we got, also I loved it, made me laugh.

Blind girl a best?
>>
>>44006261
I for myself expected a normal katawa shoujo quest and then it suddenly did an 180

I like a katawa shoujo quest more than a fate kinda quest.
>>
>>44006338
>elaborate ruse

Thought the settings could somehow fit into each other. I am not that mean.

>>44006433
No, gotta wait tomorrow

>>44006437
Awh I am sorry Anon. I take it to heart when people who attend my quests are disappointed.
The character development won't suffer because of it, this much I can promise.
>>
>>44006494
It was pretty fun though can"t wait to see more.
>>
>>44006559
Wonder who the anons will try to waifu, I only remember a few of the girls from the game.
>>
>>44006692
Placing my bets

1) Lily
2)Misha
3) Hanako

I would put Emi there too, but I am not sure how Anons react to her new, "bloodthirsty" personality.
>>
>>44006791
Lily is the blind one right? I'll go for the sex starved succubutt any day.
>>
>>44006791
Too late, I've already waifued our ex-classmate from the first thread. inb4 she's somehow Lily
>>
>>44007068
No, it's Sakura, we're obviously Shirou.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.