[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torchbearer general /tbg/ The match is struck, a star is born.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nyum1wlTne1rl5w2co1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyum1wlTne1rl5w2co1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1768
>What is torchbearer?
A burning wheel lite style rpg, more focused on dungeon delving and fucking up your PCs than minmaxing the shit out of them.

>Where can I find it?
http://www.torchbearerrpg.com/
It's also on rpgdrivethru.

Today's topic: Custom classes, makin' and breakin' (the game)

What are your custom race/class combinations? Where do they fit in your setting? How did your player horribly break them for you?
>>
File: BnprVGTIYAAME3j.jpg (111 KB, 800x1057) Image search: [Google]
BnprVGTIYAAME3j.jpg
111 KB, 800x1057
Self bump because I forgot to post one of mine. I'm homebrewing a bunch of classes, for my Darkest Dungeon inspired campaign.

Occultist

>Raw Abilities:
Will 4, Health 4
>Skills:
Fighter 2, Arcanist 2, Lore Master 3, Scholar 2, Ritualist 4, Theologian 2
>Trait:
Born of Darkness — Cast out from your homeland for practicing dark rites. The pact you entered has bound you to it’s call. This tainted ancestry makes you haughty dangerous and suspect.
>Wises:
Choose one of the following: Demon-wise or Poison-wise; take a second wise of your choice.
>Starting Weapon and Armor:
Dagger and focus OR Staff
>Starting Spell:
You start with a random first circle magician spell. If Chaos, you may instead invoke one first circle Chaos prayer.
>Weapons/Armor:
You may wield daggers, staves and short swords, but wear no armour.
>>
File: TB_The_Terrible_Price.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TB_The_Terrible_Price.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Also dumping pdfs because why not.

Starting with the new death rules.
>>
File: Town Sheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Town Sheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Town Sheet pdf
>>
Anyone's got an idea how to rule overland travel/exploration? I think TB's robust dungeon crawling rules couls work for a West Marches style campaign, but wilderness exploration and discovery is an important part of WM.
>>
>>43989153
I use a similar system to the dungeon crawling one, you gain conditions according to the track, plus i have some random tables and seed them with little side pieces.
>>
>Where can I find it?

Google is way better than either of the two places you recommended, because it sure as fuck isn't worth $15 ;^)
>>
>>43987368
having arcanist and ritualist is redundant if you can only choose magician or chaos prayer
>>
>>43991310
OP could fix this by letting you choose between a prayer and a spell each level, it would be slow but would fit the vibe too.
>>
Does anyone have any tips for running Town Phase smoothly? It seems like it should run itself but it's hard to wrap my head around it.
>>
>>43987296
I'm taking a Darkest Dungeon break.

Where do I find more of these comics?
>>
>>43989598
See, I was thinking about that. But doesn't it mean PCs start running out of resources and gaining too many conditions before they even arrive? Since The Grind is scaled fpr death-at-every-turn dungeon crawling, and not overland travel with a slight chance of monsters and getting lost.
>>
bump ere we fall off the board.
>>
this shit is interresting
>>
Shit, I was hopping this was a Darkest Dungeon thread
>>
File: TheGrind.jpg (487 KB, 4800x1200) Image search: [Google]
TheGrind.jpg
487 KB, 4800x1200
>>43997844
Torchbearer is very Darkest Dungeon. So it's kinda related.
>>
>>43998109
>taking off the helmet
>>
>>43998109
Could work well as

>Different systems
or
>Different game tones
or even
>Noble bright to grim dark
>>
OP wouldn't have to bump 5 times if he actually posted the rulebook so people could get into this.

All the best reviews are not all that positive.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.