[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13
File: WHFBG.png (1 MB, 750x1226) Image search: [Google]
WHFBG.png
1 MB, 750x1226
All Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Chaos in the Old World, Invasion, Man O'War, Dreadfleet, and Fantasy video game/novel/video/etc discussion is allowed here.

Previous thread: >>43883113

=====
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too.)

==Wargame=Resources===
www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
==WHFRP=Resources===
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

==AoS=Alternatives=====
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

==Video=Games========
>Total War: Warhammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxTaQmhztVQ
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py7rpUz0eIw
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21P_ssGotxI
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Return of Reckoning (Warhammer Online private server)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/index.php

>Man O'War: Corsair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twrLuASPnEI
http://manowarcorsair.com/

Welcome to Warhammer Fantasy, where everything's canon and the plot doesn't matter!
>>
File: 1410927448523.png (107 KB, 1700x800) Image search: [Google]
1410927448523.png
107 KB, 1700x800
>>
File: 28364135331.png (203 KB, 2000x998) Image search: [Google]
28364135331.png
203 KB, 2000x998
>>43968522
>>
Imagine it, /tg/. Imagine this new CEO deciding that in order to build a successful future you need a solid foundation. He decides to establish a firm canon, resolving all the issues with the background story that have dogged Games Workshop universes for years. Their most trusted authors are approached to form a committee, and sure, some aren't interested since the work is new, tedious, and likely underpaid, but a few step up, two or three. The sheer volume of publications make it unfeasible to sort through it all, so GW posts on their website a form where fans can submit conflicts of canon that they've identified. The committee sorts through these submissions and finds a way to unite the plot where possible, but fully empowered to say "No, this did not happen, the author was mistaken." After six months of hard work their first unified settings emerge, free of conflict and plot holes. As more publications are brought out the authors are forced to check the internal wikipedia-esque canon system to ensure their writing adheres, and periodically the committee, plus or minus a few members, reconvenes to hear fan complaints and resolve issues.

Just imagine it /tg/... Just imagine it.
>>
With the new Warhammer Total War video dropping today I got thinking about the game. They've pledged to include all 16 current armies into the game. First of all, do you think that means DoC and WoC will be separate forces, and how will that work? Second...

1 Empire
2 Wood Elves
3 High Elves
4 Dark Elves
5 Dwarfs
6 Greenskins
7 Skaven
8 Warriors of Chaos
9 Daemons of Chaos
10 Beastmen
11 Tomb Kings
12 Vampire Counts
13 Lizardmen
14 Ogres
15 Bretonnia
16 ???

Are they included Chaos Dwarfs? Dogs of War? Fishmen?
>>
>>43968765
Propably Dwarfs,they are the most influencial of the factions without codex
>>
>>43968765
Orcs & Goblins count as 2? Either that or chaos dwarves
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 600x400
>>43968675
Forget about the future, let's think about how did Warhammer manage to survive up until now? It's not a small feat to manage a game for 30 years but obviously we all agree plenty of mistakes were made.

How would you manage WHFB of you were required to continue to turn a profit on it assuming it can only be a niche hobby? How would you make people interested in buying more models and continuing playing?
>>
>>43968765
If you split chaos by marks instead you could have 16 but that would be highly unprecedented. Chaos dwarves seems the most likely to my ears seeing as they probably hold the most territory among the minor factions, and they had a proper armybook way back when.

On the other hand Dogs of war would probably be implemented in dogs of war fashion, which would give them more "bang for buck" than implementing chaos dwarves.
>>
>>43968522
Why is Bretonnia using the French flag?
>>
>>43969244
It uses French imagery the same way the Empire uses German.
>>43969122
Having no business expertise, I can only think of more interesting unit choices and making it cheap enough to turn a profit but not scare off potential customers. Making the game require huge amounts of models which came in small batches made it hard for anyone to get into the hobby, and hard for people in the hobby to continue.
>>
>>43969295
But the Empire in that image isn't using a swastiki or German tricolour, Bretonnia has it's own flag anon, and it should be used.
>>
>>43969332
Are you saying the Iron Cross isn't German? I didn't make it, but I'm sure it's just for the ease of making a flag that isn't even the focus of the picture. Bretonnia uses the fluer de lys all the time, so it's conceivable that some lord there uses that heraldry.
>>
>>43969332
The real reason is that nobody gives a shit and nobody will be doing lore research for this dumb meme. Bretonnia is associated with fleur de lys, so the guy just put some fleurs de lys, and he either choose a random colour, or somehow remembered the flag of France and choose to make it simlar because why not.
>>
>>43968765
Other possible minor factions as candidates for that last spot could be:
>Amazons, would be unlikely, geographically isolated without the interest in the rest of the world Lizardmen have.
>Ind, Nippon, other human based empires on the other side of the globe. This is probably even more unlikely. They also suffer from being very far from the main theatre and there's not a lot of pre-existing art to draw upon.
>>
>>43969396
>He doesn't conduct extensive lore research for each of his memes.

What are you, some kind of pleb?
>>
>>43968483

>>43968433
>>43968151
>>43967933
>>43967601

Does anyone have any more input on this?
>>
>>43968765
I think they will end up including the chaos dwarfs at some point.
Mainly because they would have to expand the map to add the ogre kingdoms, to the east you only find them and the dawi zarr, may as well include them to fill the newly added, mostly barren area.

Skaven, wood elves and beastmen would already be able to fill interstitial areas of the old world, with daemons I'm pretty sure they will make some sort of spawn-hole-in-reality mechanic that can replace most of traveling and settling with the army.

Elves pretty much require a ulthuan and naggaroth coasts expansion, a bit far but it's the only way, and there should be naval in the final game so it's highly probable they will move in that direction, tomb kings and lizardmen are left, adding both nehekara and lustria for 2 factions is a bit too much and may lead to having factions too isolated, so I'm going to assume they will use only the southern lands to add both.

>lizardmen and tomb kings in the same expansion
I dare anyone to say it will not be the most awesome package about warhammer ever done
I mean, Aztec lizardmen riding dinosaurs fitted with magitech lasers versus Egyptian mummies building unliving magical constructs of bone and stone
>>
>>43969122
I would actually make it less skullpunk, more classic fantasy, I'd bank on the know-how of the sculpting team to make great kits that have a heavy "general epic fantasy" feel (or even historical, for some of the Empire and Brets kits). I would bring back the prices down to be competitive with Mantic or Perry while being more detailed. As for the ruleset, I would make it like 7 edition, maybe even more streamlined but not going full Kings of War. Of course, available on internet for free, but with a Special Exclusive Hardcover Luxury™ edition.

I would update bretonnia and make an Araby army book and a lot of Regiment of Renown plastic kits, an "armed populace" kit, a "general leather-clad mercenaries" kit, and so on. Maybe split the WoC book into a Norse-Oriented book and a Kurgan-oriented book. Kislev book and kits too.
>>
>>43969890
I pray that you never gain control of GW
>>
>>43969974
I hope you like Sigmarines in sigmarite armor and BloodDeathGore CrushMurderTroops then.
>>
>>43969732
Actually yes.
But I'm an idiot and didn't realize the thread was saging so posted in the old one
>>43970321

and another post about the Sisters of Sigmar question in the previous thread
>>43970166
>>
>>43969122
Focus the attention of customers towards multiple small independent but potentially ablative forces with the army composition of the rulebook, this way you get beginners not being afraid of having to collect big armies, a great possibility for collectors to get into multiple factions and multiple interpretations of the same faction, this helps building up community of players and represents getting into the gateway drug to later fall into the plastic crack that will push customers to expand, fuse and complete their small armies or to collect more.
Basic rulebook is free, armybooks and rulebook with fluff are not.
Sell compendia of fluff and artworks.
Do not fall into capeshit: The formula for new campaign+new fluff+new rules for released models and compendium of additions works, but bad fluff can drive off people; focus on already happened events to detail further, or open end campaigns that are unfolding currently, or smallish additions to the fluff, focus on premises and in setting pov of what's happening, remember that the point is to expand, not to end, most times these campaigns should represent the opening of possibilities trough examples, not the closing of them trough exceptions.
Constantly update trough free FAQs and yearly compendia of rules+intro to added fluff and expansions.
Have periodical sales and actual deals, especially for day one of releases.

Keep a minimal but existent interaction with the community: Should a persistent issue show up, give a few words of justification; support official events with the purpose of determining unofficial ends to campaigns and have future replays, the fluff will not be actually damaged but the fanbase will feel involved, release sneak peeks to keep interest during a slower pace of releases, which helps actually finishing and perfecting sculpts before production,

must beat other companies with quality and well thought concepts, not quantity and well defendable ones.

Or at least in an ideal world
>>
>>43970384
Thanks.
>>
Any chance someone could advise on which edition of Warhammer FRP to start with?
Some constructive reasoning would be nice.
Thank you in advance!
>>
File: 1448729841505.png (6 MB, 1333x2365) Image search: [Google]
1448729841505.png
6 MB, 1333x2365
Fantasy is a shit game

Into the trash it goes

I'm a big guy, for you.
>>
File: 59077063.jpg (208 KB, 500x649) Image search: [Google]
59077063.jpg
208 KB, 500x649
>>43971105
Absolutely. Apologies for not responding to your post in the last thread, I meant to but fell asleep.

So you've got three editions to work with. I have not touched first edition so instead will only talk about the latter two. Second edition has, first of all, a lot of content. It was released in the early 2000s and took off in a big way, so there's a lot of official expansion books and even more unofficial supplements. That means you can do a lot with the system, explore most every region and aspect of the Warhammer World that has been touched on (only difficulties would be east of the Mountains of Mourn and the Southlands), but also carries with it rule bloat. There is a lot of information scattered between books to keep track of. Official and unofficial publications tried to compile all of the new classes, rules, items, etc, in central collections but they're not perfect.

Second, unlike First, comes with the option to pick your character instead of randomly rolling everything about it. This is controversial because the system's point is to explore the life of a person, not create a self-insert. If you look at the careers available you have to realize that if given the choice very few people will pick to be a rat catcher, poop scooper (pic related), or charcoal maker when they could be knights, slayers, or wizards. The fact is that the Warhammer World is a crap place full of crap jobs, and chances are you've been dealt a bad hand in life. The Second core book even emphasizes that all that separates PCs from the common rabble are an adventurous spirit and a slight favoring by the universe (in the form of Fate Points).
>>
File: WHFRP 3rd Edition by Daarken.jpg (309 KB, 718x924) Image search: [Google]
WHFRP 3rd Edition by Daarken.jpg
309 KB, 718x924
Third edition doesn't take this rule to heart quite as much. Generally speaking the characters are more poweful, and the setting presented as slightly more noblebright. It's also been designed to be very difficult to pirate, so it can be best considered an RPG/board game hybrid. You need to play it in person, and it uses a lot of cards, special dice, sliding tokens, standups, maps, etc. You get a lot of this in the core box but there are also tons of other supplements containing extra play materials and adventures. Some of this material has been altered to be able to play online, and the community has created special dice rollers and programs to help with that, but most of it is simply not playable online. Another issue with this is that the game is no longer in production. That means you just can't get your hands on a lot of the material since it was never digitized and often only printed on-demand. I know of no place with a complete set of 3e releases.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but feel free to ask any and all questions. I love WFRP and many other anons here do too, we're only too happy to answer.
>>
>>43971973
enjoying your Gorechaosbloodrage Ultrakhornebloodwarrior army?
>>
>>43971105

WFRP 2nd Ed. is the definitive edition.

It got rid of a lot of the issues that hampered 1st Ed. and cleaned all the character and taste up with the Warhammer aspect. The added bonus is that a lot of the 1st Ed. supplements are forwards companionable with 2nd Ed.

3rd Ed turned WFRP into a board game.
>>
>>43972150
>The added bonus is that a lot of the 1st Ed. supplements are forwards companionable with 2nd Ed.
Not only that but they directly and officially ported several of the most famous. For example I'm running my group through an altered adventure from 1st edition that was repackaged into the Plundered Vaults supplement.

Speaking of 1st Edition though, if anyone has links to the books or supplements that'd be great. I'll make sure they're added to the WHFRP Resources pastebin in the OP.
>>
>>43971973

Man I miss the horse.
>>
>>43972286
What happened to Dhorgar?
I bet he feels sad to be abandoned.
>>
>>43968564
Why no Hobgoblins?
>>
>>43972653
That is Dhorgar. He's just not in horse form any longer.
>>
>>43972653
You're looking at him, he ate 3 chaos champions after Abaddon slew them since slaneesh is MIA he didn't get his fourth head
>>
Someone mentioned in the previous thread that a Gotrek and Felix novel takes place in Araby. Anyone got a clue which one? Really don't want to slog through all those novels for one short story.
>>
File: image.png (69 KB, 1761x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69 KB, 1761x900
>>43968564
>>
>just bought Island of Blood to build a Skaven army
Do I need to put them on round bases? I'm assuming you can use Skaven in AoS yes?
>>
>>43974693
I assume if you're playing a game that uses round bases then putting them on round bases would probably be a good idea.
And yes.
>>
>>43974693
Square bases are for WHFB. You use round bases in AoS. However, AoS rules allow you to use square bases if that's all you have. It's just not proper.
>>
>>43974693
>AoS
base shape has no bearing in AoS, they measure everything from the miniature itself

squares just mean you can use them in ranked games as well as skirmish ones
>>
File: tww_hke_array_simple[1].jpg (178 KB, 940x566) Image search: [Google]
tww_hke_array_simple[1].jpg
178 KB, 940x566
When Warhammer Online came out I didn't have the money to pre-order the limited edition steins. I've regretted that ever since. Now there's the Warhammer Total War High King edition and I'm faced with a different problem: it's all Dwarf-themed. If it was Empire I'd be all over it, but I'm not really into Dwarfs... On the other hand you get a functional drinking horn, a ring that functions as a D6 with Dwarf runes, and an actual whetstone for like $150. Ugh, I'm torn.
>>
>>43974693

pretty stupid idea to put them in round bases since then you won't be able to use them in ranked games without movement trays. AoS will get boring pretty fast, just use square bases so you got everything covered
>>
>>43970077

Anon is right though, quite a few of those ideas don't seem to have much business plausibility behind them.

>I would bring back the prices down to be competitive with Mantic or Perry while being more detailed

How would you do this, sell every kit at a loss and hope that, in a niche hobby no less, the numbers will somehow at least break even?

>make an Araby army book

Making an entire new army is expensive, not to mention Araby isn't exactly something a lot of people seem to be clamoring for. You'd be better off taking the resources and funneling them into armies whose model ranges are sagging.

>an "armed populace" kit, a "general leather-clad mercenaries" kit,

For what purpose, who all is going to use this?

Also if you're going to talk bad about the recent names GW has come up with, you might want to take a look at some of the name generation tables from Realm of Chaos.
>>
>>43974693
Square bases work in:
>WHFB
>AoS
>9th Age
>KoW
>etc.

Round bases work in:
>AoS

The choice should be obvious
>>
>>43975485
You know I'm thinking that's actually a plastic drinking horn, given how much they emphasize that the tiny stand that holds it is metal
>>
>>43975485
Wait and see if they make an emperor edition then
>>
>>43976649
>you might want to take a look at some of the name generation tables from Realm of Chaos.
Not him but you should realize that there's a plain difference between those and the recent ones

The latter are made for protection purposes and sound edgy
The former were made to sound edgy and for shit and giggles

There's a subtle difference in purposes and intentions that changes everything about the way you read them
>>
>>43977565

A lot of the new names do follow a similar type of pattern to the generated ones, at most you could accuse GW of reusing one word too many times.

Hackflesh or Warfiend being perfectly acceptable while Skullreaper or Wrathmonger are horrible reeks to me of the former being acceptable simply because it's older and comes from one of a pair of books that is viewed almost akin to holy text.
>>
>>43977706
I was mostly thinking about stuff like bloodsecrator honestly, wrathmonger and skullreaper are more...normal? In a sense
>>
>>43977775

I actually thought Bloodsecrator was one of the more clever ones, assuming it was to supposed to be a combination of blood, secrete, and consecrate.
>>
>>43977821
Also possible desicrate
>>
>>43977706
Hackflesh sounds like an edgy name, which is fine because it makes sense as something a warrior of the chaos gods would call himself or be called by others.
Fleshhacker sounds like an edgy title or profession, which is stupid because it brings up questions like "is that his job or is he just particularly good at it?" or "how do you hack flesh, exactly?" which undermines the appeal.
>>
hey guys. I'm a huge newfag. Just started a night goblins army. I used to half-heartedly collect 40k but never made an army that could be fielded or anything. I've never played a full game of any warhammer or otherwise. I'm familiar with the rigid army structures that used to be in 40k, but whats all this Age of Sigmar stuff? My local GW store owner did a really shit job of explaning it, basically said "field whatever you want as long as your opponent agrees"

is that... right?
>>
File: Night Goblin by Althwen.jpg (83 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Night Goblin by Althwen.jpg
83 KB, 800x800
>>43978258
Your store owner did a fine job. That's what it is. For more information go to the Age of Sigmar thread. This thread is for people who want to continue playing Warhammer Fantasy Battles or other games set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. If you're interested in making a WHFB army then we can help you.
>>
>>43971973
>no slaanesh head

I'm glad he is not a faggot
>>
>>43978272
Sounds about right that my first post on /tg/ would miss the correct thread.

So WHFB uses the more rigid structure from my Goblins/orks army book?

Really any pointers at all are awesome. Like I said this will be the first army I finish. Tired of half-starts with 40k and for some reason I'm really stoked on this night gobbo army
>>
>>43978326
>So WHFB uses the more rigid structure from my Goblins/orks army book?
Yup.
>>
>>43978326
Man Night Goblins are great. Are you planning on sticking to just NG or will you mix in Forest Goblins or even other greenskins?

First piece of advice is to refer to >>43976128. Make sure you base them on square bases so you can use them in both AoS and WHFB. Round will not work in WHFB. Except for... well, a few units, possibly including Fanatics? I don't recall
>>
>>43978369
I realize now that I posted a picture in which the Fanatics are, in fact, on round bases. So answered my own question there.
>>
>>43971973
>>43978281
>no slaanesh head
>I'm glad he is not a faggot

It's under the loin cloth, it is Slaanesh after all.
>>
>>43978483
nah, there's nothing and that's the monster's public hair, no loin cloth
>>
>>43968564
hahaha that's funny you sad deformed dipshits
>>
>>43976649
>>I would bring back the prices down to be competitive with Mantic or Perry while being more detailed
>How would you do this, sell every kit at a loss and hope that, in a niche hobby no less, the numbers will somehow at least break even?

Do Mantic or Perry sell at a loss? Seems like if they can make money at those prices, then GW can.
>>
>>43978281
there's a slaanesh head, it's just not on shoulders... I mean, it's a slaanesh head, if you get my drift
>>
>>43978531
well, mantic do sell shittier minis from shittier plastic

good modellers and good plastic cost moneys
>>
>>43978531
Not him but I'm assuming GW production costs are higher than other companies due to technical differences in quality

Not that it justifies the severely inflated prices, at least not the majority of it, but a bit
>>
>>43978511
Tusksless infidel spotted
>>
>>43978531

As far as I'm aware Mantic is really a hodgepodge since they commission sculpts and even use various materials ranging from the same material GW uses to crappy restic. In addition I don't think they give you the same amount of options GW does in a kit and at least some of their funding comes from Kickstarter.

Perry is at least better since I think they use the same type of plastic GW does, possibly give you multiple bits, and are nicely sculpted. On the other hand they make historical miniatures, which seems to be a larger market.

Really what I was trying to get at is that some people think that miniature wargaming is some huge hobby, when it's not, it's niche. Cutting prices sounds good because people think it will automatically equal sales, but that doesn't always happen/ You could slash prices and still sell roughly the same amount of product you normally do, but in the end you've made less money.

It really doesn't help that people seemingly have it in their heads that GW is making 99.9% profit on every kit they sell, when I doubt that is really the case.
>>
>>43978834
>It really doesn't help that people seemingly have it in their heads that GW is making 99.9% profit on every kit they sell, when I doubt that is really the case.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to twice or three times that amount.
>>
>>43978884
>2-3x 99.9%
???
>>
>>43972192
What supplements are you talking about exactly?
>>43971998
Thanks for the info, but you mentioned third edition also.
>>
>saved up moneys for WHFB
>ready to buy some boxes and bits
>wait for black friday to see if any deals
>black friday comes
>have a look at Steam accidentally
>waste my wargaming budget on vidyas
>at least got Mordheim

life is pain. why do we even have to eat, it's so silly, I could afford both vidyas and minis if i didn't have to eat, seriously!
>>
>>43979197
>you mentioned third edition also
Post just below that one.
>>
>>43979210
Oh, sorry. Must have missed it! Thanks again!
>>
>>43979201
Dumbass!
>>
>>43979210
So, assuming Second edition is an improvement over First one, and Third one is not improving over Second one, I'll stick to the Second edition then.

I do have a couple of more questions, and since you volunteered, I'll ask away:

1. My players usually play "Heroic" fantasy. So randomly generating a career will most likely end up in tears. Any advise on how to ease them in to that?
2. My players are also minmaxers, would that be a problem in WHFRP?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>43979263
>1. My players usually play "Heroic" fantasy. So randomly generating a career will most likely end up in tears. Any advise on how to ease them in to that?

Eeh...if they like heroic fantasy, WFRP might not be the right venue for them. If you're not knee deep in shit at the end of an adventure, then they should duck because another load is past due.

So either get them prepared for the idea that their characters will suffer - and they will love you for it - or just let them choose a character and wish them good luck.

>2. My players are also minmaxers, would that be a problem in WHFRP?

The career progression makes it difficult to power game, if you roll a random starting character. But if you know what you're doing, certain career paths will lead to a stronger character than others if you focus.
>>
>>43979263
Oh, I'm not the original advice-giver, and I have fairly minimal experience with WHFRPG.
But like he said there are options in core for choosing your career rather than rolling for it, so that particular aspect shouldn't cause too much trouble.
>>
>>43979285
I know I'll read about it in Core Rules, but does WHFRP also has "trinity"? Like, DPS, TANK, HEAL? Or something like that?

I know a little bit of Dark Heresy rules, so I know how damage works and how deadly combat is. How stats work and skills, I really want to try WHFRP, but not sure if players will like it. And I can't DM for myself.
>>
>>43979201
Don't worry, the black friday deals were meh at best.
>>
>>43979309
>>DPS, TANK, HEAL

Any combat based game can have a trinity for a decent fire team. That being said, WFRP doesn't exactly promote it.

>>DPS

Your best bet is to raise your attack stat and get a decent weapon. Even so, you're never going to be better than most of the monsters you'll meet.

>>Tank
Actually, a dwarf in full plate can be an amazing tank.

Shame your great-grandparents should have started saving for all that armour you'll need to make it work.

>>Heal
Unless you've got a wizard or a cleric of at least a few levels higher than what you start with, all the healing in the game is of the tried and true method. Rest and medical attention. I think 2nd Ed. has health potions but they should be few and far between for thematic reasons.
>>
>>43979335
no, i meant to buy minis from ebays/FLGS
wouldn't buy crap directly from GW
>>
File: 1447538749766.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1447538749766.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>43978760
>>43978760

You guys are aware that Mantics core lines are made by renedra? The same guys that do perrys plastics? And are actually GWs old plastic workshop?

The reason GW has such ridiculous prices has nothing to do with material or quality, but rather with their vast retailchain and their aspiration to be ferrari of the tabletop market.
>>
>>43979337
Health potions only cost 10-20 gold in 2nd ed, so the game disagrees with your belief. I'm pretty sure in large cities it's rarity is only average as well.
>>
>>43978369
I'm planning on sticking to just night goblins. I might branch out a little bit, but I was thinking

Night goblins x3 (two with netters, musicians, champions, one with shortbows)
fanatics x6 (3 per close quarters goblin group)
Night goblin warboss on great squig(x1)
some squig riders (x?)
some squig herders (x?)
doom diver catapult (x?)
and then a couple snotling pump wagons cause those are neat.

Thoughts? like I said, I really don't know much about what I'm doing here. I'll have to shuffle this around a bit to fit into the army structure, but those are kinda the units I want to build, more or less
>>
>>43980309

10 - 20 gold pieces?

Are you sure it's gold?

Because I'm pretty sure the average peasant only makes a hand full of Silver a week.

There we go - a common farmer makes about 95p a week.

1 Gold crown is equal to 20 shillings. 1 Shilling is equal to 12 pfennigs.

So 95p a week is almost nearly 8 shillings.

A healing draught, which only cures 4 points of wound, costs 5 gold crowns. Which - for those playing the home game, is about 12 and a half weeks of wage to pay for - assuming that a commoner does nothing but save for it.

So, about 3 months wage. I'd say that paints it as a luxury good that you'd be damned lucky to have.

The rarity just means you can probably find an alchemist to brew it, or who has some stocked for the rich and powerful.

If your group can afford to chug through health potions on the regular, you're probably running the game against the theme. And there is nothing wrong with that - especially if you want to play a High Fantasy sort of game. But it's definitely not in keeping with WFRP Down-and-out style.
>>
Any WELF players here? I am waiting for my Glade Guards and Spellweaver to create my first army for the first time for WHFB. But they will arrive like in January and currently there are Eternal Guards, Wild Riders, Wild Dancers and Araloth available. I like the Araloth model but is it unnecesary to get another hero while I am waiting for a Spellweaver?
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.