[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k & 30k List Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1430908102582.png (172 KB, 523x328) Image search: [Google]
1430908102582.png
172 KB, 523x328
Rules and tactica discussion is encouraged.
Fluff and rumors are better suited to the General, so kindly check the catalog.
The 30K community is still small, but growing, so don't get discouraged if your AoD list doesn't get feedback.

>Rules of Thumb
1) If you post a list, please critique other lists, if you are familiar with other codices.
2) Type your lists cleanly. Lists with poor formatting are usually ignored. Picture versions or PDFs of lists *are* acceptable, but not encouraged, and will often be ignored as well.
3) Preferably, advice should be given from a place of experience, i.e.; don't give advice you haven't tried yourself.
4) Don't bump excessively either, as that will diminish the likelihood anons will respond.
5) Finally, it helps if you have a short description of how you intend to run your list. This also helps anons give better criticism, and will typically illicit swifter responses.

Helpful links:
>Rules database
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Babby's first guide to tactics
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Tactics
>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V4.pdf
>>
+++ Ravenwing list (750pts) +++

++ Dark Angels: Codex (2015) (DA Ravenwing Strike Force) (750pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

Show Forgeworld options [0. All]

+ Fast Attack (355pts) +

Ravenwing Bike Squad (165pts) [2x Grav Gun, 4x Ravenwing Biker]
····Ravenwing Sergeant [Combi-Grav]

Ravenwing Bike Squad (135pts) [2x Flamer, 4x Ravenwing Biker]
····Ravenwing Sergeant [Bolt Pistol]

Ravenwing Land Speeders (55pts)
····Ravenwing Land Speeder [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter]

+ Elites (125pts) +

* Mark V Mortis Pattern Dreadnought (125pts) [2x Twin-linked Autocannon]

+ Heavy Support (130pts) +

* Deimos Predator (130pts) [Heavy Bolter, Plasma Destroyer]

+ HQ (140pts) +

Librarian (140pts) [Conversion Field]
····Power Armour [Bolt Pistol, Force Stave, Shroud of Heroes, Space Marine Bike]
····Psyker Level 2
>>
>>43853059
>another list thread that will get little done and die a quick death

and yet people complain when lists are posted in the general

>>43853079
looks like you're all set. at 750 you won't see many tanks so maybe drop the flamers for more grav guns. i hear those dark angel powers are good as well so i think this looks like a strong list. no anti air but you're at 750
>>
>>43853079
The Mortis and Deimos don't have Ravenwing, so you can't take them in the Strike Force. Need a CAD for that.
>>
>>43854010
darn, what would some better options be? more Landspeeders attack bikes and a Darkshroud?
>>
>>43853911
>>43854010
I'm expecting to face at least one Flyrant and a Tervigon, perhaps Warriors and Zoanthropes with Guant spam
>>
>>43854181
Darkshrouds are nice for sure. You might consider running it on a Support Squadron to deter charges and/or mulch Guant mobs. For the Flyrant, your Grav squad will have to suffice for now, but at higher levels, you might look into a Silence Squadron. Spreading the grav out like >>43853911 suggested is also something to think about, since a lone squad could be forced to Jink, allowing the MCs to run amok.
>>
>>43853059
What shit did they add to my Guard?
>>
>>43854519
From what I hear you got a new force org based on formations like everyone else is, but the infantry reqs are crazy if you want multiple core choices unless you go armored company.
>>
>>43854609
I peaked at 1d4chan, holy shit min is like 170 dudes for the Shield Company. That's a lot of dakka.
>>
>>43854659
>New Force Org supports armored company
>Tank Aces
I think I need to get into Guard next instead of Lost & the Dammed.
>>
File: all.jpg (435 KB, 1199x847) Image search: [Google]
all.jpg
435 KB, 1199x847
awww yeah, new apartment is coming along with a table to play games on and my local shop has some deals Im interested in, especially Necrons and WoC, just because WoC look great
Are these "worth" it, as much worth as GW can get I mean?

Im not that interested in the IG stuff though, I think I would only play Elysians anyway
>>
>>43853079

Your models need to all have the Ravenwing like the other anon said.

I myself and finishing off my 1000 pt RWDA list so I can play against my Dreadmob. All I need is one more battle force and 3 more bikes!

Here is what I am doing:

HQ: Interrogator-Chaplain - Warbike/Mace of Redemption - 160

Fast Attack:

3 Bike - 2 Melta/Combi-Melta/Melta Bomb - 110

3 Bike - 2 Grav/Combi-Grav/Melta Bomb - 120

Landspeeder w/ Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon - 70

Elite:

6 Ravenwing Command Squad - Apothecary/Champion/Ravenwing Banner/Grenade Launcher - 295

3 Ravenwing Land Speeders - Double bolters - 165

Ravenwing Darkshroud - 80

I think the list will run great, it seems really quick and the constant hit and run are the exact kind of tactics I was looking for.
>>
I keep getting rekt.
Help.

Imperial Guard 1000 points

Company command squad (90 points)
- Carapace armour
- Regimental standard
- Command has krak grenades

Primaris Psyker (50 points)

Primaris Psyker (50 points)

Veterans (75 points)
- Carapace armour

Veterans (75 points)
- Carapace armour

Leman Russ Vanquisher (145 points)
- Lascannon

Leman Russ Punisher (165 points)
- Heavy bolter sponsons
- Dozer blade

Leman Russ Executioner (190 points)
- Plasma cannon sponsons
- Dozer blade

Inquisitor Coteaz (100 points)

Aegis defense line (50 points)
>>
>>43857777

I run Pask in a Punisher plus an Executioners as my HQ tank command squad.

I also keep my two units of veterans with meltas in Chimeras.

I also have either a basilisk or wyvern depending...
>>
>>43857777
Drop the standard from the CCS unless you think you really need it.

A tri-plas Executioner is bad unless its in Pasks squadron. A Punisher is just ok without Pask. At 1000 points its probably a decent option.

If theres a way to give your veterans specials or an autocannon team, do it. Esp. if youre using a psyker on them.

Coteaz seems out of place in this list.
>>
>>43857962
I was hoping to get Misfortune somewhere for the lasguns, then use FRFSRF or take it down. Should I stick with two ML2 Psykers instead of Coteaz?
>>
Not posting list, but:

Any Dark Eldar guy wanna give me some tips on how to work with five slow ass Talos guys in an army? I need them to be there for narrative reasons, but everything else goes on Venoms and Raiders (also for narrative reasons.)
>>
>>43858651
You can only have a max of 3 Primaris Psykers in a formation.
>>

++1st Company Task Force++

+Elites+

10x Sternguard Veterans (Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter) 245

5x Terminator Squad (Missile Launcher, 4 Chain Fists) 220

9x Sternguard Veterans (Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Power Sword, Drop Pod 223

+Dedicated Transport+

Drop Pod (Locator Beacon) 45

++Void Claws++

5x Wolf Guard Terminator (w/ 2 Wolf Claws) 240 points

++Storm Wing++

Stormraven (Twin-linked Lascannons, Multimelta's, Extra Armour) 205

Stormtalon (Twin-Linked Lascannon) 125

Stormtalon (Twin-Linked Lascannon) 125

++Librarius++

Librarian (ML2, Terminator Armour, Storm Shield) 125

Librarian (ML2, Melta Bomb) 95

Librarian (ML2, Melta Bomb) 95
>>
1500 point deathwing with obligatory ravenwing to make the thing work. I don't play competitively but I'd like to be as efficient as possible with my points so as to possibly take more terminators.

Deathwing strike force(1285pts):

HQ
Interrogator Chaplain in terminator armour with the mace of redemption-170pts
Level 2 librarian with a force sword and foe smiter (making up points)-135pts

ELITES
DW Command squad with an apothecary, champion, banner, cyclone missile launcher, TH/SS and lightning claws-265pts
5 DW knights-235pts

2x DW terminator squads with a chainfist (WYSIWYG with the dark vengeance terminators and I expect to face land raiders), CML and TH/SS on the sergeant-240pts each

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (215pts):

Bike squad with two extra bikers and 2 meltaguns. The sergeant has a combi-melta and a melta bomb-160pts

Land speeder with another heavy bolter-55pts

The concept is to get the bikes up to the middle of the board turn one and hide while the speeder sits on an objective and sprays down bolter fire at vehicles the bikes will then make explode. Turn 2 is when the deathwing come down without scatter thanks to the formations "summon the deathwing" rule. After that everything ends up in close combat somehow.

Where should I put the HQs? What psychic power table should I roll on for the librarian?

Thanks for looking.
>>
1000 points slaneesh daemons.
>HQ
Keeper of Secrets - Psyker Level 3 (What spells should I choose?), 2x D6 Daemonic Reward - Warlord
Herald Of Slaneesh - Exalted Locus of Beguilement, Lesser Reward (Etherblade)
>Elites
5 Fiends of Slaneesh
>Troops
20 Daemonettes of Slaneesh with Icon of Chaos + Rapturous Standard
20 Daemonettes of Slaneesh with Icon of Chaos + Rapturous Standard
>Heavy Support
1 Seeker Cavalcade - 2 Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh

I dont know what physic powers to choose, please help.
Is this effective? Should I rely on deepstriking or moving up the board?
>>
>>43859484
Stick the Chaplain in the DCS, of course; that's a close combat squad and Hatred is a good thing to have. The Libby is up to you, and it will probably depend on what discipline you roll on. Interromancy and Telepathy (my own disciplines of choice) want to be up close, so the DCS would be a good choice there too. Just watch out for Vindicators and the like. Divination is the other good prospect, and that can go anywhere you think it would be useful.

What you've got here is basically how Deathwing has to work. My only suggestion would be to try for an extra TH/SS per squad to increase survivability (after the Sarge goes down, 5++ ain't doing shit), but that's going to depend on your experience.

Good hunting, brother.
>>
>>43860421
Thanks! I was thinking of putting the chaplain in with the knights anyway (since they all have maces, and that sounds cool to me) so that's a definite now. I'll no doubt end up trying all the powers out as well, just making sure there wasn't any "must takes" or ones that will never be of use.

I'll drop the relic storm bolter on the lib and get more hammers in there as well for sure. Thanks again for the tips.
>>
>>43857777
>No vox in CCS
>No Chimeras
>Single Vanquisher
>Inquisitor

No wonder you're getting rekt B^)
>>
I'm currently purchasing a knight army and thus far only have one paladin. I'm looking to buy a crusader for sure, but would the third knight be best filled by an errant or another paladin? The crusader would be built with the auto cannon, heavy stubber, and the battle cannon. The paladin would have a heavy stubber and no carapace weapon. The three would be my main army playing against my brothers and friends mostly so they would start making anti knight builds pretty quickly. Their forces in order of size and most used are space marines, Eldar, imperial guard, tau, nids, orks, and necrons.
>>
starting my first 2,000 point deathguard list. how did I do?

30k Death Guard (2000pts)

++ Legiones Astartes: Death Guard (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Legion Cataphractii Praetor: Digital Lasers, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades
Master of the Legion: The Reaping

Deathshroud Terminator Squad x4 w/ Land Raider Phobos

+ Troops +

Legion Heavy Support Squad x9: all missile launchers
Legion Sergeant: Rad Grenades

Legion Tactical Squad (240pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
Legion Tactical Sergeant: Rad Grenades

Legion Tactical Squad (240pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
Legion Tactical Sergeant: Rad Grenades

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad x9: 2x Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web, Rhino, Sniper
Legion Veteran Sergeant: Rad Grenades

+ Elites (135pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment: Legion Apothecary x3

+ Heavy Support (195pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank: Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons sponsons
>>
>>43863613
I think it might be wise to look in the named knights. Most of them have some better survivability and if you expect to get tailored for then that's probably the best way to go.
>>
how's this for a general "i wanna be casual" list? 2k daemons CAD with chaos space marine allies and 2 formations

keeper, lv3, exalted and greater gift 270
exalted flamer 50
exalted flamer 50
herald of khorne, greater gift, jugger, exalted loci 145

13 daemonettes, musician, champ 132
10 bloodletters, musician, champ with gift 125
11 pink horrors with icon and instrument 119

8 flesh hounds 128
hellflayer 60
hellflayer 60

burning chariot 100
burning chariot 100

chaos space marines daemon prince of slaanesh, lv 2, power armor, wings, black mace, gift of mutation

10 cultists 50

callidus assassin 145
culexus assassin 140

>>43860278
for powers i would say telepathy is always good but excess has some nifty tricks. for daemons i find that running up the board works if you got enough bodies
>>
>>43864019
Get rid of the assassins. totally unthematic
>>
>>43864019
keep the assassins, it's awesome
>>
>>43864075
i figure i need something, chaotic and it's 7th so i can do what i want with these formations. also the benefits from using assassins look nice like -2 to reserves or reroll on seize the initiative
>>
>>43864171
it's unfluffy is what it is. it sounds like you're just using them to minmax on rules
>>
*** Warning, Tau bullshit incoming ***

I want to go baby seal hunting at a small ITC tournament here soon. This is what I'm thinking of building. Competitive criticism would be appreciated.

Farsight CAD
Ethereal 50
2xCrisis Suits, BKs 46
2xY'vahras 460

Ranged Support Cadre
3x4 Pathfinders 132
3x3 Broadsides, TL-HYMP, TL-SMS 585

Optimized Stealth Cadre
2x3 Stealth Suits 180
3 Ghostkeels, Ion Raker, TL-Flamer 390

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1448430548578.jpg (530 KB, 1590x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448430548578.jpg
530 KB, 1590x1080
>>43864183
i'm not gonna lie; i'm already a minmax user. i did have an idea of a crazy fallen inquisitor summoning daemons and using assassins at the same time but inquistors don't do much for me. not to mention i haven't found a good model to do the conversion on
>>
>>43864331
i mean, the eversor, MAYBE. the culexus? Has no reason helping chaos. Actually, Chaos should actively deny his help, being a super pariah and all.
>>
>>43864331
>i'm not gonna lie; i'm already a minmax user
Well at least you know how shitty you are. Literally the worst person to play against
>>
File: living ancestor.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
living ancestor.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>>43864438
the idea is the inquistor is so far fetched he thinks he's doing some good and the assassins either don't know he's corrupt or too far removed to be effected by it. they got an assignment and there's usually chaos going on anyway. i did find a cool model to use as a eversor

>>43864468
i suppose i could drop the assassins for a squad of 1k sons. same minmax since i don't bother with theme
>>
How does this list look? Mostly making due with what I own and am writing the list from memory
1850 Renegades and Heretics + CSM allies
-Command Squad w/ banner of blood, master of the hordes, vox
-Infantry squad(20), militia training, vox, sigil
-Infantry squad(20), militia training, vox, sigil
-Heavy weapons team(4), militia training, lascannons
-Heavy weapons team(4) militia training, lascannons I am amazed at how much these have under preformed
-Leman Russ Punisher squad(3), militia training

CSM allies
-Daemon Prince of Nurgle, ML 3, Wings, Power armor, spell familiar, brand
-cultists(10), autoguns and a heavy stubber
-Obleriterators(3), mark of Nurgle

Fortification
-Void shield generators, 3 shields

Point of the prince is to summon daemons and walk in and end any CCs. Could probably do better by swapping CSM for crimson slaughter and saving 150-200 points and getting good
>>
Ultramarines 500k; Captain goes in second pod with command squad, drops down with reindorcements to the scouts . Marines camp an objective.

Captain; Artificier Armour, Relic Blade, Storm Shield 150

Command Squad; Apothecary, Chmapion, 3 Veterans with BP+Chainsword, Drop Pod 155

Scouts x 5; Land Speeder Storm with Heavy Flamer 95
Tactical Squad x 5; Missile Launcher 99

499/500
>>
>>43857777
Not a guard player, but those Veterans need to load up on special weapons of some kind. That's their real strength, that and loading up in a Chimera. A transport will help them survive a tiny bit longer, and will give you some flexibility.
Also, it's fluffy as you're playing a mechanized group.
Ditch the Inquisitor unless you're *really* in love with him, same with the defence line. That should give you enough points-ish to get some Chimeras, right?
Also, why are you taking two psykers? I usually only take one at the 1k level, mostly for defence, but maybe you've got some crafty plan that isn't working.
>>
>>43859484

I dig your list. If you are against things like tau, orks, or IG, interromancy is great. Otherwise, go for invisibility. I would go for 2-3 TH+SS per terminator squad for the survivability.

I prefer conversion shield and force axe for librarian. Good luck.
>>
File: LemanRussTank09.png (2 MB, 1054x699) Image search: [Google]
LemanRussTank09.png
2 MB, 1054x699
>>43865519
Are vanilla punishers worth it? Almost seems better to take standard battle tanks or even demolishers if you were planning on getting those tanks in close anyway. If your lascannon teams are disappointing you consider taking autocannons instead where you can take more shots at lighter targets to try and earn their points back. From there if you want some more reliable AT see what you can bring in from your CSM allies.

>>43865992
Seems fine to me? Although it's a lot different from what I usually bring to 500. You've got your backfield objective holder, and two very mobile (initially anyway) infantry. Not really much in the AT department but that shouldn't be a huge deal at 500 points. Basically just watch out for guard blobs and monstrous creatures.
While I'm here I put together the basis for a little intro to Guard Armored list since I've decide to commit to IG as my second army since I love tanks. Really basic but this is what I was considering picking up first before the new codex drops to add on to.

+++ Starting Guard Armored (500pts) +++

++ Astra Militarum: IA01.2 - Armoured Battle Group (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Company Command Tank [Warlord]
····Vanquisher [Beast Hunter Shells, Co-axial Heavy Stubber, Heavy Bolter, Improved Comms]

+ Troops +

Battle Tank Squadron
····Battle Tank

Battle Tank Squadron
····Battle Tank
>>
Eventually playing my second game, and against DE. Hoping I'll do better at 1,000 points, fighting again in cover heavy terrain (hence the camo nets) with plenty of ruins. I got wrecked at 500, at least 8 Hull points of damage saved by Jink.

* HQ 1 (405): Punisher /w Pask, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Camo Netting, Recovery Gear
Eradicator /w Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Camo Netting

* TROOPS 1+2 (310): Veterans /w Flamer, Heavy Flamer
Chimera /w Turret & Hull Heavy Flamers, Camo Netting

* HEAVY 1 (155): Eradicator /w Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Camo Netting
* HEAVY 2+3 (130): Wyverns /w Hull Heavy Flamer

Plan is to move my HQ forward, focusing on vehicles, Ravagers first. The lone Eradicator will fight Venoms/Raiders, hopefully in cover/ruins. Troops will sit on objectives between my Tanks and Wyverns, loaded with flamers to deter any Deep-striking Archon and his Blaster-born. Wyverns will sit back in either corner, or close to help each other with Heavy Flamers. I'm hoping the Wyverns will take off that last HP on a vehicle if there's no infantry to shred. And if there are no deep strikes to worry about, Chimeras will lend fire support if I'm not stretched thin on objectives.
>>
File: bike dreadnought.jpg (172 KB, 863x970) Image search: [Google]
bike dreadnought.jpg
172 KB, 863x970
Regarding a White Scars Allied Detachment that I'm making for my BA army, I've hit a snag.

This is the current list (points aren't important for my question):

Chapter Master (Bike)
Command Squad (Bike)
2x Bike Squad
Stormtalon

Based on Mounted Assault, both Bike Squads should count as troops due to my HQ Independent Character having a bike, correct?

But in both the programs I use to build armies, I'm getting "too many fast attack in this detachment" errors.

I'm not misinterpreting the rules, right?
>>
>>43867237
Could work. A few ideas though. Hydras will make skimmers cry and you could save some points by cutting Pask for a generic Leman Russ commander with the special incendiary shells to burn the enemy out of cover and off their open topped transports from long range.The eradicator is a good multirole choice, maybe cut a wyvern for a hydra to target skimmers and could come in handy if they bring their bomber. Lastly if the board is cover heavy forward sentries doctrine on the vets could come in handy since it gives them camo cloaks, the snare mines also serving to deter assault from some lighter units.
>>
>>43867352
depending on your listbuilder it may have already moved bike squads to troops for you, so make your selection of bikes from there if it has instead of fast attack.
>>
>>43867392
It hasn't on either of them. I fully believe it may just be them glitching/not having the necessary data, but I want to make sure.
>>
>>43867407
Odd, maybe try restarting the program and updating. Anyway, yeah to my knowledge its a totally legal allied detachment.
>>
>>43867425
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>43867464
No problem, man.
>>
>>43865519
My question is the same as the other guy, every instance of the LR Punisher I've seen has been grossly overpriced.

Also I haven't looked at my rules for Renegades and Heretics for a while; how does their infantry shape up to Cultists from the CSM book?
>>
>>43869020
A lot of people say "Only bring it with Pask." but, honestly, I'd say that Punishers are pretty good in any form. 20 S5 shots at BS3 is nothing to scoff at. That many shots is almost guarenteed to kill something. and at only 135 points standard, it's the cheapest tank.

Ok, giving it BS4 and Rending is awesome, but I'd say it's far from necessary.
>>
>>43869259
Oh, you mean it's now cheaper than the standard Russ? Yes that goes a way to making it useful, but 10 hits without any AP is still underwhelming next to the performance of a Battle Cannon. "Rending is awesome" is Brit-tier understatement.
>>
>>43869354
It can still be useful against hordes that have gotten too close for blasts if you kit it out with heavy bolter sponsons and a stubber on the top. This was a few years ago now but I remember one shooting a mob of 30 boyz down to about 10 in one go. It really would only be there for shooting at stuff you wouldn't dedicate a battlecannon shot against without pask manning it though.
>>
++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1500pts) ++

+ HQ (240pts) +

Hive Tyrant (240pts) [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Elites (430pts) +

Hive Guard Brood (165pts)
····Hive Guard [Impaler Cannon]

Venomthrope Brood (90pts) [2x Venomthrope]

Zoanthrope Brood (175pts) [Neurothrope, 2x Zoanthrope]

+ Troops (305pts) +

Hormagaunt Brood (70pts)
····10x Hormagaunt [10x Adrenal Glands]

Hormagaunt Brood (70pts)
····10x Hormagaunt [10x Adrenal Glands]

Tyranid Warrior Brood (165pts)
····Tyranid Warrior [Adrenal Glands, Devourer, Lashwhip & Boneswords]
····Tyranid Warrior [Adrenal Glands, Lashwhip & Boneswords, Spinefists]
····Tyranid Warrior [Adrenal Glands, Devourer, Lashwhip & Boneswords]

+ Fast Attack (215pts) +

Hive Crone (215pts) [Cluster Spines, Fighter Ace, Stinger Salvo]

+ Heavy Support (310pts) +

Carnifex Brood (310pts)
····Carnifex [Spine Banks, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms]
····Carnifex [Spine Banks, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms]

I'm hoping to use this primarily for friendly matches, but I'd like to avoid major weaknesses. Thanks for any help you can give.
>>
>>43869722
Yes but only if those hordes have 6+ saves or less, and only if they're within 24" (by which point it may be too late).
>This was a few years ago now but I remember one shooting a mob of 30 boyz down to about 10 in one go.
That's random dice rolls for you.

The real strength of the Puniser, besides that it's cheaper than a standard Russ and is slightly better against dirt-cheap Gaunts, is that it's better against 2+ savers. Adding Rending takes this real advantage and overclocks it.
>>
>>43869259

IIRC the Eradicator is cheaper @120 pts base.
>>
>>43870952
Yeah but you can understand why that's not even brought into the equation.
>>
>>43871926
It certainly isn't the strongest LR, but it does kind of have its niche, and either way (unless I'm misremembering it) it is cheaper than the Punisher.
>>
>>43870952
>>43871926
>>43873932
I can't remember, is the Eradicator just a regular Russ but with a S6 AP 4 Ignores Cover Large Blast? I think I remember that costing more than the basic for some reason in 5th edition, fucking crazy reasoning.
>>
>>43874204
Yeah, the Leman Russ is basically a Hellhound with 36" (IIRC) Large Blast instead of 12"+Template on a AV 14/13/10 HeavyTank instead of AV 12/12/10 Fast Tank.

From what I remember of the 5e dex, every LR variant (save the Exterminator?) was more costly than the BT. I can't explain the reasoning, ofc, but I figure it was something like GW looked at the Battle Cannon and then figured out how much the extra rules/stats would cost for the variant guns based off of that.
>>
>>43874570

The basic russ is meant to be the baseline and all otehr variants should cost more than that due to specialisation. Ironically because GW cannot into rules the non-ordnance russ models ARE better.
>>
>>43874570
And of course 50 or more points on top of a Hellhound.

> I figure it was something like GW looked at the Battle Cannon and then figured out how much the extra rules/stats would cost for the variant guns based off of that.
That uh, how you figure out the value of any upgrade or change yes. But Games Workshop doesn't even use reliable heuristics for its pricing and so we get (in this case got) anti-upgrades.
>>
>>43874717

>But Games Workshop doesn't even use reliable heuristics

I lol'd.

That implies there is some basic mathematical equation behind unit pricing. GW just pulls a number out of a hat and does basic playtesting to justify it, then bases everything off that.

Example: GW assumed IG were going to be the most popular faction in 3rd ed and priced anti-guardsmen/boy/gaunt weapons at a premium but anti-marine weapons dirt cheap, hence why the rulebook guard lsit MASSACRED marines and the DE codex was one giant fuck you to power armour. Hell it took until 3.5chaos (even then it wasn't certain - but chaos had it far easier) to best the overall power of a dedicated wych cult (even though it was murderously dificult to play).
>>
Been looking to get into 40k for a while now, right now I'm trying to decide between Tau and Eldar Harlequins. Can someone give me a quick pros/cons for the two to help me decide?
>>
>>43875412

Harliequins are low model count with lots of tricksy shenanigans to tip the odds in their favour.

Tau are generally about mobile (but not fast) firepower thats quality over quantity on semi-durable platforms.

Of the two harlies are harder to learn but can pull all kinds of tricks tau can't. The bottom line is pick whichever force appeals to you the most - never play an army just because its more powerful right now as that does not give a fun time unless you live only to win.
>>
>>43874648
>non-ordnance russ models ARE better
Would this change if LRBT was the cheapest points-wise and Ordnance didn't make you snap fire in a Heavy Tank?
>>
>>43874796
>That implies there is some basic mathematical equation behind unit pricing.
No, it quite explicitly doesn't. The meaning of the word heuristic is essentialy rule of thumb. I typed out "Games Workshop doesn't use any sort of science" in my last post but then realised, hell, they aren't even using loose rules. It's just a dart board.

The more you know.
>>
>>43875749

It would change if Ordnance didn't make you snap-fire, idk if making the LRBT cheapest would do much outside of that.
>>
File: 1436185470450.jpg (200 KB, 1311x984) Image search: [Google]
1436185470450.jpg
200 KB, 1311x984
>>43875749

> Ordnance didn't make you snap fire in a Heavy Tank?

At a base level it would unfuck the russ and demolisher.

>>43876091

By the emperor give me a break, I primarily post on /tg/ when blind drunk on vodka as its the only time I can be bothered to argue against how bad /tg/ is at the warhams.
>>
>>43875749
Yeah. I mean, there is little reason to bring a Leman Russ with Ordnance. You have to sacrifice firing that big cannon if you want to move it to the front lines. If I want a backfield camper, I'll bring a Basilisk, if I want a front-line tank hunter, i'll bring the Vanquisher, Executioner or Annihilator.

Battle Tanks, and to a lesser extent the Demolisher, don't know what they want to be.
>>
>>43876854
>You have to sacrifice firing that big cannon if you want to move it to the front lines.
Huh? But threre's no restrictions on moving and firing vehicles with ordnance weapons as long as you don't go more than 6"
>>
>>43876906
Ah... I thought that cunt was lying to me in my first game...
>>
>>43876225
>blind drunk on vodka, your first port of call is to come and argue about the 'Hams on /tg/
I'm not certain I envy your life.
>>
>>43877479

I play a lot of warhams and have done so for a very long time. /tg/'s ineptitude at the game is maddening so I HAVE to get drunk to be in a mindset to lay some knowledge down on the majority (but not all) scrubs that post here.

Most of /tg/ just parrots the tripe dakka and warseer do for whatever month it is without giving solid advice for lists that really aren't designed to win the next GT.
>>
I was thinking of a large allied detactment of inquisiton forces to slap on to imperial guard

-Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 78 points
Nemesis daemon hammer
Power Armour
Psyker

-Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 70 points
Hell rifle
Psyker

-Melee henchmen warband 140 points
5 acolytes, 2 with melta guns
2 crusaders
2 death cult assassins
Psyker
Priest with melta bombs
-Chimera 55 points

-Heavy weapons henchmen 128 points
4 servitors with multimeltas
2 jokaero weaponsmith
2 acolytes
Psyker

-Tactical henchmen squad 60 points
10 acolytes with bolters
Psyker

476 points total

The first Inquisitor is the warlord and joins the melee squad while her lacky leads the ranged squad.
>>
>>43877564
Oh come on. The solution to dealing with stupid is more sobriety. Stupid HATES a concise and unemotional assessment. Put your drink to better use with friends, not faggots.
>>
File: 1405981932261.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1405981932261.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
>>43877893

A true grognard can focus drunken rage into coherent posting for exactly one subject. For some its D&D, for others its CoC but for me it is warhams (particlarly DE for me).
>>
>>43877787
If you could post up the entire list with the Guard, that'd be brilliant. Also, you may want to consider the Melee Inquisitor equipping Terminator Armour to make them a little more survivable.
>>
>>43878301
The reason I didn't take Terminator armour is that it doesn't seem to do me much good in survive-ability and it would mean I couldn't fit everyone in to a chimera, I change the priest in to an IG independent character when I can and let him eat challenges with emperor protects while everyone else hammers on them.

The list changes depending on points but I was maybe planning on using this for 500 points with brain mines on the inquisitor but this is my next 1000 points of guard.

-Tank command squad 405 points
Executioner, lascannon, plasma sponsons, camo
Battle tank, camo

-Platoon command 60 points
Heavy flamer
Vox caster
Medic
-Primaris psyker 75 points
Level 2 psyker
Force Axe

-Infantry squad 50 points
-Infantry squad 55 points
Vox caster
-Commissar 40 points
power weapon

-Heavy weapon squad 105 points
3 lascannons

-Veterans 91 points
3 snipers
1 autocannon team
Vox caster
Forward Scouts

Culexus assassin 140 points

1021 points.

Depending on what I need I can feed my psykers to the Culexus for crazy powerful shooting or send to him to deny their psychic phase while I go wild with my own, it sounds crazy taking him around so many psykers but it has worked for me so far.
>>
File: 1443120545331.jpg (31 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1443120545331.jpg
31 KB, 600x337
>tg is terrible at 40k!

so, how do we fix this? what common mistakes are people making? list building? not enough anti tank?
>>
>>43877956
Hmmmmmmmm. Seems like you're contradicting yourself there, given that you're using said inebriation to cover for your linguistic fub. I'm a dickhead~
>>
>>43879147
>list building?
In contrast to what most of /tg/ thinks, the game isn't decided by what list you bring.

If you lost the deployment roll and have to go second, you should keep your big guns in reserve to prevent them getting alpha struck.
Things like Paskisher get blown to pieces by turn 1 deep-strike shennanigans.

Other things need to considered too. Unit placement is huge. MC killing power means very little if it's short-ranged. Winged MCs can go straight through your rapid-fire plasma guns and assault you if keep them at 18" away or under.
>>
>>43879147
A summary of the ways how and why /tg/ (which really means 40K general, given 30K general's high standard pre-BaC and still high standards post) would help for me.

I don't see high rates of the elemental errors:
- Bring means to deal with every possible target
- Concentrate ranged weaponry in lead/attack units, aim for diversity/variability in support/buffer units
- Keep defenses consistent across the army (ie don't have one tank in an infantry horde)
- Avoid overcosted character gear like Plasma Pistols
- Try to get a minimum model count that's reasonable for the army's point's value
in any of /tg/'s many 40K threads next to places like Librarium Online or whatever. Common mistakes must be more advanced in nature.
>>
First time 30k player, looking to make an all comers fun list:

Lord of War: Roboute Guilliman
HQ: Consul Primus Medicae - Artificer Armour, Legatine Axe
Troop: Invictarus Suzerain Squad - 10x Suzerains, 2x Thunderhammers
3x Legion Veteral Tactical Squad - 2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Sniper, Rhino: Extra Armour, Twin-Linked Bolter, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Powerfist
Heavy:Sicaran Battle Tank
Spartan Assault Tank: Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield
Venator Tank Destroyer, Armoured Ceramite

Guilliman goes with the Invictarus in the Spartan, Rhinos provide support, Sicaran's provide my anti-armour.
>>
File: 1439856368590.jpg (860 KB, 1292x1360) Image search: [Google]
1439856368590.jpg
860 KB, 1292x1360
>>43879581
>>
>>43879735
(the word ranged snuck into the second point somehow, ignore that. althoiugh shooting units do benefit more from concentration due to target selection in all roles it's not the crucial factor)
>>
>>43879743
might just be me, but missile launchers will probably serve you better, since they let the tic-tacs put the hurt on lighter vehicles
>>
>>43879743
I thought Primus Medicae were support officers? In any case this is pretty effective without being high-end. Guilliman and his Suzys are a rape train.
>>
>>43879896
Eh, he's got four sources of anti-tank in his army already (and not weak sauces, either) and this is meant for fun games. I'd say it's fair.
>>
>>43879896
I think that might be a better idea, I'll see if I can free up the points. My only other idea was plasma to soften up targets for the G-man.
>>
>>43879935
Going off of battlescribe, but it seems valid. Good to hear on Guilliman, it is a REALLY nice model.
>>
>>43880025
>but it seems valid.

Its not, read the fucking rules.
>>
>>43880046
Can you be more specific in your criticism? I appreciate the help!
>>
>>43880109
How about you grab the book and read it rather than rely on others spoonfeed you rules?.
>>
>>43880143
That is a fair point! I had entered it into BattleScribe and it said its valid. I'll see if I can narrow down where I am wrong and see if I can submit a bug ticket to them. Thank you so much for your help!
>>
>>43880228
Battlescribe counts the Consul as being your required HQ, even after applying Primus Medicae. Just need to switch it to something else.
>>
I'm going to bring Grimnar's War Council with my Space Wolves as part of a "Guarentee First Turn" formation (Bjorn the Fell-handed, Grimnar's War Council and Inquisitor Coteaz give you Seize the initiative on a 3+ rerollable and forcing my opponent to reroll successful attempts) Do I split up the War Council, or keep them together?
>>
File: Warriors of the Fang.jpg (56 KB, 449x800) Image search: [Google]
Warriors of the Fang.jpg
56 KB, 449x800
I bought pic related yesterday! Finally getting into the hobby, now I'm building a 800pts list to play with my friends (who are also starting) Tau and Tyranids. I'm not looking for cheese, I'm looking for a small force that I can create with the models I currently own. I had posted a first draft last month when I first read the rules and codex to seek advice from /tg/ and today I'm posting my revised with the same purpose.

Space Wolves
>Combined Arms Detachment
=HQ=
>Wolfy McWolfen (Wolf Lord) 105pts
>Runic armour 20pts
>Frost sword 20pts
Total 145pts

=Troops=
>bloodclaws(9)(Wolf Lord attach) 108pts
>wolf guard pack leader 10pts
>power sword 15pts
>Frost sword(pack leader) 20pts

>Grey hunter(6) 84pts
>Wolf guard pack leader 10pts
>Plasmagun 15pts
>Combi-Plasma 10pts

>Grey hunter(5) 70pts
>Wolf guard pack leader 10pts
>Plasmagun 15pts
>Combi-Plasma 10pts
Total 362pts

=Fast attack=
>Drop pod(bloodclaws) 35pts

>skyclaws(5) 75pts
>Wolf guard sky leader 10pts
>power sword 15pts
>Frost sword(sky leader) 20pts
Total 155pts

=Heavy Support=
>Long fangs(5) 75pts
>Missile launcher 15pts
>Missile launcher 15pts
>Missile launcher 15pts
>Missile launcher 15pts
Total 135 pts

Grand total of 797pts

The plan is to stick Wolfy McWolfen and the bloodclaws into the drop pod and hopefully not mishaps and threaten what ever heavy weapons/shooty units they keep on their side of the table while shooting with my own greyhunter squads (and Obj Sec) the long fangs are for AT and AoE (kinda of all around-er)

Here's where I'm unsure:
>is it worth taking the frost swords on my grey hunter's pack leader?
The idea was to have a reliable melee if the grey hunters get stuck in melee, but then for half the price I could give CCW to all my grey hunters for +1A on each. If I was to do that, I can possibly give a Stormshield to my wolf lord for increased survivability.

I don't want to sound like a MinMaxer or some WAACfag, I'm mostly trying to figure out each units role with in my list.
>>
>>43880228
wow, u really kept it civil when that other guy was being rude. 8.75/10
>>
>>43880764
Firstly, welcome to the pack, have your complementary puppy to take as your mate.

Secondly, looking nice so far. Yes, taking the Frost Sword on your pack leaders is worth it, just know that for 5 points more, you can give them Terminator Armour and a Wolf Claw (S+1 Lightning Claw) with a free Storm Bolter (Can't over-run, but is better in challenges and shooting)

Also, you may want to consider getting a Stormwolf to load your Blood Claws in. 15 of the buggers and a Wolf Priest charging out of one will wipe out almost any infantry (even Terminators. Good luck making, on average, 20< 2+ saves.)
>>
>>43881421
>Also, you may want to consider getting a Stormwolf to load your Blood Claws in.
It is on my lists. for now I'm figuring out the rules and learning to paint.

>>43880764
>>43880764
I did write grey hunter's pack leaders but I meant the blood/sky claws, but you figured it out already
>>
>>43880483
Here's my list:

2000 points

First Turn guarenteed formation:

++Champions of Fenris++

+HQ+
Bjorn the Fell-Handed (Helfrost Cannon.) 220

+Troops+

14x Blood Claws - 173

8X Grey Hunters (CCW's, 1 Meltagun, Wolf Standard.) 163

+Elites+

5X Wolf Scout (5, Camo Cloaks, 4 Sniper Rifles, 1 Rocket Launcher.
99 points)

5X Wolf Guard Terminators (Hammers+Shields) 240

+Dedicated Transport+

Stormwolf Gunship (Multimeltas) 235

Drop Pod - 35

++Void Claws++

5x Wolf Guard Terminators (5 Wolf Claws x2) 240

++Grimnar's War Council++
Ulrik The Slayer - 145
Njal Stormcaller - 180
Rune Priest (Mastery Level 2, Terminator Armour) - 110
Iron Priest - 55

++Inquisition++
Inquisitor Coteaz - 100

If I split them up, i'm gonna bring Coteaz and the Iron Priest with the Blood Claws to hopefully get Hammer hand on them and bump them up to S6 AP- (with the Iron priest to keep the Gunship going)

Ulrik is going with the Grey Hunters

Rune Priest with the Void Claws and Njal with the Hammernators.

Thoughts?
>>
Trying to play a fluffier less aggravating list for my Tau. I know Tau already gets me hate, but I really want to avoid being that guy.

Farsight Enclaves 2,000 pts

+++ Dawn Blade Detachment +++ [1,998 pts]

++ Retaliation Cadre ++ [1,011 pts]
- Commander (Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blades, Shield Generator) [175 pts]
- 3 Crisis Suits (Cyclic Ion Blaster, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Advance Targeting System, Bonding Knife Ritual) [168 pts]
- 3 Crisis Suits (Twin-linked Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun, Bonding Knife Ritual) [174 pts]
- 3 Crisis Suits (Fusion Blaster, Fusion Blaster, Target Lock, Bonding Knife Ritual) [174 pts]
- 1 Riptide (Twin-linked Fusion Blaster, Ion Accelerator, Velocity Tracker, Earth Caste Pilot Array, Bonding Knife Ritual) [241 pts]
- 1 Broadside Suit (Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked SMS, Seeker Missile, Counterfire Defence System, Bonding Knife Ritual) [79 pts]

++ Ranged Support Cadre ++ [453 pts]
- 3 Pathfinder Teams (6 Pathfinders, 6 Bonding Knife Ritual) [216 pts]
- 3 Broadside Suit (Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked SMS, Seeker Missile, Counterfire Defence System, Bonding Knife Ritual) [237 pts]

+++ Formation Detachment +++ [534 pts]

++ Infiltration Cadre ++ [534 pts]
- 3 Pathfinder Teams (4 Pathfinders, 4 Bonding Knife Ritual, 1 Recon Drone) [228 pts]
- 1 Piranha (Fusion Blaster) [50 pts]
- 2 Stealth Suits (1 Fusion Blaster w/ Target Lock, 1 Shas'vre w/ Homing Beacon, Markerlight, & Target Lock) [256 pts]
>>
>>43883196
Looks pretty decent. Could of course definitely be a shitload better but you're not really gimping yourself unless facing off competitively built eldar or the like.

Do you have anything you're unsure about in the list?
>>
>>43884673
Mostly where I should put the 4 man pathfinder team w/recon drones vs. the 6 man.

If I put the 4 man in the Infiltration cadre, they can't infiltrate(ironically) making the drone less useful but are easier to kill to get my reserves T1.

If I put the 4 man in the Ranged Support cadre, the drone is safe and an infiltrate making my homing beacon area larger.
>>
>>43866427
By using CSM allies, the only AT options are havocs, obliterators, maulerfiend(which doesn't work in a turtle army), forgefiend, predator, vindicator. I don't own any of the forge world heavy stuff and can't find the bits to build the weapons platforms. So I'm kinda ducked in that regard. Punishes are alright, forgot to add that they have HB sponsons, they help with deaths tars which permeates my meta
>>43869020
The infantry is cheaper, but weird as shit Ls. Work just like IG infantry and with master of the hordes, any squad that started with 15+ models returns to reserves when killed on a 5+
>>
>>43883196
do you know what you're playing against?
>>
>>43886217
Marines equivalents and Necrons mostly
>>
>>43883196
Yeah I agree with >>43884673

it doesn't really look like you are trying to gimp yourself at all. Looks like a competitive list to me, or at least as competitive as farsight gets. Not tournament worthy, but a nightmare for anyone playing orks or something like that.
>>
>>43886277
Necrons are a bitch. Kill those wraiths asap and watch out for tomblades, as they ignore cover and can wipe out your pathfinders. The AV 13 on vehicles might be annoying, but without any cover, you should get though it. They don't have a lot of good AP shooting, so they won't wipe you off the board immediately, but they are sturdy.

Marines are a different story. Librarius conclave and Grav centurions are annoying, but ignores cover plasma and AP2 should take care of the centurions. Not a whole lot you can do against psychic wichfires though. Shoot them I guess, but it's not that bad. Even with invisibility on, enough marker lights can bring your BS up and also ignore any cover or from shrouding. Marines pay a premium for their armor, but Tau usually counter that by having easy access to AP3 and better, so it's not that bad. As long as they are not using super friends, you should be ok.
>>
>>43886320
Any idea on how to bring it down to a CSM/BA level? I've been pushing away from gunline since the game was me trying to table him and that wasn't fun for either really. I made this list focusing more on getting my crisis suits close and actually in threat range to make it a little more competitive.
>>
>>43886496
>CSM/BA level

You can play without really paying attention and still win against CSM or BA, as long as CSM isn't tzeentch summoning. BA might be a problem with drop pods, but interceptor usually make short work of that. BA, Slaanesh, and Khorne melee is moot with supporting fire and marker lights. Nurgle's shrouded giving you problems? Markerlights! Slaanesh doesn't really do a whole lot, as you are I2 anyways. Tzeentch is something that you can't really do anything to bypass, as you can't ignore invuln saves.

What specific CSM style? The book's really 4 codicies in 1.
>>
>>43886595
Nurgle, so plague marines usually with spawns and bikes often. Neither of us use flyers often, and if we do we make sure the other knows.

I tried a game without any markerlights once and it went absolutely terrible for me, as my suits just couldn't hit and couldn't deal with anything that had cover. Really just wish they made the ignore cover option worse.
>>
>>43886673
Nurgle literally does not do anything against Tau. Tau have such a high amount of high strength weapons that the boost from T4 to T5 does not accomplish a whole lot, especially on anything S7+. Shrouded from Nurgle Daemons is where you actually have to refocus your tactics because of the shrouded, but aside from that, you should still be wounding on 3+ consistently, MAYBE 4+ on the bikes and spawn.

If he is constantly taking nurgle against Tau, it's his own damn fault for being a moron. CSM Nurgle's weakness is a lot of high STR weapons and poison, which Tau have 1 of the 2. You know that saying about stupidity and repeatedly doing something that clearly does not work in the hopes that it will work one day? That's this.

Honestly, tell him to use Tzeentch with daemon allies or Khorne daemonkin. KDK may be monobuild, but they stand a better chance than CSM nurgle
>>
>>43886673
>>43886744

Also he needs to use more forgeworld. CSM is only usable with forgeworld. Sicaran battle tanks, fire raptors, plague drones, etc.
>>
2500 imperial fists Horus heresy

Praetor with armoured spearhead rite of war, paragon blade and iron halo - 150

Centurion upgraded to master of signal - 95

2 units of 10 tacticals with nuncio vox, vexilia and artificer armour sergeant in a proteus land raider with armoured ceramite, explorator augury web, auxiliary drives and dozed blade - 2 x 465

3 legion medusas - 465

Land raider Achilles with auxiliary drive and dozer blades - 290

10 legion heavy support marines with missile launchers in land raider proteus with armoured ceramite, auxiliary drives and dozer blades - 570
>>
>>43888577
Heavy support marines have autocannons instead of missile launchers
>>
>>43888577
Those nuncio voxes aren't doing anything in a list without barrage weapons or deep striking. More than one explorator augury isn't a high return either. Where's your Praetor going? There's no assault unit in this list to accompany him into the fray.

It's not a bad list but there's some confusing facets.
>>
>>43888856
Would medusas not benefit from nuncios? Praetor is kind of a rite of war tax so perhaps I shouldn't kit him out so much as he's just going to stay in the Achilles. Will probably drop the augury webs though not sure what I could fit in for the praetor to join with.
>>
>>43889017
Not that anon but yeah the vox will help the medusas, but they're going to be in land raiders most of the time much like the praetor, right? It's a fair amount of puts on what may not even be used.
>>
Which is better for gunlines?
Veterans or Platoons?
>>
>>43889831
Platoons all of the day. You won't have a gunline for long with only 20-30 guys.
>>
>>43889145
I figure ill eventually have to send them out of the LRs depending on what I'm going up against
Would vet tacs geared for assault or a command squad be better for the praetor?
>>
>>43890178
Probably tacs or even your own legions melee guys.
>>
>>43889017
Oh snap, that was my brain skipping a unit. The other anon raises another concern about the units being in Land Raiders most of the time, which also presumably includes the Signals Officer. It's a smidge confused, is this list.

>>43890178
Basic tacs with pistols will often do the trick.
>>
1500 Point List

CSM CAD:
HQ
Nurgle Deamon Prince Level 3 w/ Black Mace 340 PTS

Troops
Cultist x10 50 PTS

Cultist x10 50 PTS

Fast Attack
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer 170 PTS

Deamons Allies

HQ
Be'lakor - 350 PTS

Troops
Pink Horrors x 15 - 135 PTS

Fast Attack
Screamers x 3 - 75 PTS
>>
>>43892144
Whoops, Forgot 2 squads of 5 Noise Marines with BlastMaster and Icon of Excess.
>>
>>43892144
For a second I was wondering what PTS could stand for.
>>
>>43892448
Powerful tzeentch shit.
it involves mindbreaking your opponent during the game
>>
>>43892583
Not bad anon
>>
1501/1500
- Retaliation cadre 1043
- Broadsides, HYMP, SMS (drone controller, x2 CFD) x6 Missile drones 295
- Commander, 2 shield drones, Onager, Iridium, , Neuroweb, Puretide, Airbursting, Plasmarifle, FnP, Target lock, 206
- Riptide, EWO, Ion accelerator, FNP 225
- Crisis TL flamer, burst cannon
- Crisis TL Fusion blaster, Flamer
- 3x Crisis 3 plasma rifle, 3 TL plasma rifle,
1 Crisis 2 Fusionblaster targetlock
- Infiltration Cadre
- 3x Pathfinder teams with 6 pathfinders each
- 2x Stealthsuits teams with Shas'vre with homing beacon
- 1 Piranha
>>
First attempt to make a Nurgle-based Chaos Space Marine army. Thoughts? Should I swap the second Plague Marine squad for Termies?

+HQ+

Typhus (warlord) 230

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (ML 3, Wings, Power armor, spell familiar, Black Mace) 355

+Troops+

30x Cultists (Plague Zombies) 150

9 Plague Marines (2 melta guns guns, all VotLW, Icon of Despair, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation and Power Sword, Rhino) 280

9 Plague Marines (2 melta guns guns, all VotLW, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation, Melta bombs and Power Sword, Rhino) 280

+Heavy Support+

Predator (lascannon sponsons, twin-linked lascannon) 140

+Dedicated Transport+

Rhino - 35

Rhino - 35
>>
>>43894371
Sorry, forgot to mention, it's 1500 points and the second squad of Plague Marines costs 275 points.

Also, should I swap the Predator and second Plague Marines for a Helturkey?
>>
what do you think of that:

2500 points
Imperial Knight Exalted Court (1265):
1Errant Knight: (Warlord) Thunderstryke gauntlet, Stormspear rocket pod, Mark of th Omnisiah
1Crusader Knight Ironstorm Missiles
1Gallant Knight !icarus Autocannon

Space Wolves Void Claws (240)

Inquistion (70):
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: Conversion Beamer

Officio Assassinorum Execution Team (570)

Eldar Harlequins (355)
Death jester: Starmist pajama
Shadowseer: mask of secret, grenades, Lvl 2
Solitaire Cegorach's rose, grenade.

just for the troll
>>
>>43894371

Alright, updated it. Sorry, still new to the game.

+HQ+

Typhus (warlord) 230

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (ML 3, Wings, Power armor, spell familiar, Black Mace) 355

+Troops+

9 Plague Marines (2 melta guns guns, all VotLW, Icon of Despair, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs and Power Sword, Rhino) 285

+Fast Attack+

Heldrage (Baleflamer) 170

+Dedicated Transport+

Rhino - 35

++Chaos Daemons allies++

+HQ+

Herald of Nurgle (ML 2, Exhaulted Locus of Contagion) 120

+Troops+
15 Plaguebearers (Plagueridden, Instrunment of Chaos, Icon of Chaos) 160

I think that's better.
>>
>>43894978
Just wondering, can I put the Herald of Nurgle with the Plague Marines, in the Rhino?
>>
>>43895016
no: deamons can NEVER join non-deamon units and visa versa ( see demonic instability)
>>
>>43895108
but a rhino can transport daemons, right?
>>
>>43895342
i believe so, but as its a DT , he cant deploy in it
>>
>>43895342
Read the rules for deamon and instability.
Do either say anything about it?
If not, then yes.
>>
>>43895395
That's ok, have the plague bearers move in on the first turn and hit the gas, move 12 and flat out up the table until it inevitably crashes or blows up. No breaks on the chaos mean deamon chuckin' machine!
>>
How's this for a 1500 point iron hands list?

-HQ-

>Chapter master 235
Thunder hammer, Combi melta, Gorgon’s Chain

>librarian 115
Psycher Lvl 2, Combi melta, Mindforge stave

-Elites-

>command squad 305
All with Plasma guns and storm shields
+ Apothecary upgrade on 1 guy

-Troops-

>Tactical Squad x6 184
Combi melta on sergeant, Plasma gun, razorback w\ TL lascannon

>Tactical Squad x5 170
Combi melta on sergeant, Plasma gun, razorback w\ TL lascannon

>Tactical Squad x10 220
Plasma gun, Plasma Cannon, Plasma pistol + Chainsword on sergeant

-Heavy-

>Predator w\ TL lascannon 100

> Devastator squad 170
All with flakk missile launchers
>>
Building a Salamanders army using the BaC box as the core. Expect it's not going to be super competitive but it's something to get me started in 30K, aiming more for fluffy.

+HQ+
Legion Praetor: The Covenant of Fire
Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Combi-Melta, Chainfist (M.C), Mantle of the Elder Drake - 182

Legion Chaplain
Plasma Pistol (M.C), Artificer Armour - 115

Firedrake Terminator Squad
Thunder Hammers, Dragonscale Shields, Spartan Assault Tank - 645

+Elite+
Legion Terminator Squad
Heavy Flamers, Power Fists, Sergeant has Master Crafted Power Sword - 210

Contemptor-Mortis
Twin Multi-meltas - 155

Apothecarion Detachment
2 Apoths with Artificer Armour - 110

+Troops+
Legion Tactical Squad
20 Marines, Combi-Flamer, Artificer Armour (Apoth) - 270

Legion Tactical Squad
Power Weapon (M.C), Artificer Armour, Rhino with Heavy Flamer - 225

Pyroclast Squad
Aothecary - 160

+Lord of War+
Vulkan - 425

Total - 2497
>>
>>43899081
Sorry forgot a rhino on the 10 man Tac squad
>>
>>43899081
An Apothecary doesn't get to take upgrades - you either take upgrades for a Veteran model, or replace the Veteran model with an Apothecary/Champion.
Your combi-weapon should match your special weapon on Tacticals. Rhinoes or Drop Pods are better for them outside of Battle Company since Razorbacks don't have fire points.
Trade the plasma pistol for a combi-plasma - the sarge getting +1 attack is not any real help against would-be melee attackers.
Don't spend that many points on a Chapter Master without putting him on a bike.
Flakk missiles are terrible. If you really need AA, either take an Aegis Defense Line (which your Devastators could then sit in), a squad of Stalkers, or your own fliers.
>>
>>43900218
Gr8 m8 thanks
>>
Be gentle; everything runs forward and tries to chop everyone to bits. Shooting weapons are for faggots.

Tyranid CAD 1850

Swarmlord 285
Tervigon 195
Tyrant Guard x 3 with Adrenal Glands, Rending Claws, Scything Talons 165

Genestealers x 9 w/ Broodlord (10 Total); Adrenal Glands, Scything Talons 259

Hormagaunts x 30; Adrenal Glands 210
Hormagaunts x 30; Adrenal Glands 210
Tyranid Warriors x 3; Adrenal Glands, Lashwhip and Boneswords x 3 165

Carnifex with Adrenal Glands, Crushing Claws, Bone Mace 165

Trygon 190

1844/1850

Advice Appreciated. Just want to play something choppy. Don't own Trygon or Hive Guard yet. Not interested in flyers or shooting attacks really.
>>
>>43894978
I find your lack of Nurgle Bikers disturbing...
>>
>>43905708
Oh yeah, they're T6, aren't they? Alright, I fixed it.

++Chaos Space Marines++

+HQ+

Typhus (warlord) 230

Sorcerer (Mark of Nurgle, ML2, Chaos Bike) 120

+Troops+

9 Plague Marines (Meltagun, all VotLW, Icon of Despair, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation and Power Sword, Rhino) 269

+Fast Attack+

Heldrage (Baleflamer) 170

5x Chaos Bikers (Meltagun, Mark of Nurgle, VotLW, Champion w/ Power Sword) 171

+Dedicated Transport+

Rhino - 35
>>
played my first 40k game the other day
3 way 2500 pt game against nids and grey knights, I was borrowing an ork army
turn 1 the gk player deep strikes exactly one unit into the center of my army, which proceeds to annihilate my entire army singlehandedly.
I must have thrown like 400 dice at those 5 guys and at the end of the game one was dead and two others had one wound
what can I take to prevent this in the future?
I've heard KMK batteries suggested, that sounds like a good start
>>
The Unspeaking (2500pts)
Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts)
HQ (340pts)

Legion Centurion (165pts)
Artificer Armour, Burning Lore, Void Shield Harness
Consul
Chaplain

Zardu Layak (175pts)
Warlord
Master of the Legion
The Dark Brethren

Troops (805pts)

Legion Tactical Squad (290pts)
19x Legion Tactical Space Marines, additional CCWs

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts)
14x Legion Tactical Space Marines

The Ashen Circle (315pts)
Dark Channelling, 9x Incendiary
Iconoclast
Phosphex Bombs, Power Axe

Elites (850pts)

Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren (380pts)
9x Dark Brethren
Dark Martyr
Artificer Armour, Pair of Lightning Claws

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (165pts)
3xLaser Destroyer Array

Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought (305pts)

Fast Attack (160pts)

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (160pts)
3 Bikes, Sergeant with Volkite Culverin

Heavy Support (345pts)

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (345pts)
Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Laser Destroyers
>>
>>43902723
Swap the Swarmlord for a regular Hive Tyrant with a Lashwhip and Bonesword. It's significantly cheaper, and the bonuses the Swarmlord brings aren't worth the extra points.

Get rid of the upgrades on the Genestealers and Hormagaunts. It's a waste of time trying to make Hormagaunts damage thing; they're a fast tarpit designed to rush into close combat and lock the enemy down long enough for something with more punch to finish the job. With Genestealers, you're better off bringing more Genestealers rather than upgrades; the firepower they'll inevitably attract, plus the casualties they'll take if charging through cover, means you need the extra bodies.

Drop the Mace Tail from the Carnifex. It doesn't have a good enough AP to be useful against infantry and any vehicle tough enough to survive 5 St10 Armourbane attacks isn't likely to worry about an extra one at St9.

Use the points to get more Synapse, more bodies and some ranged Anti-tank. Some things to consider would be swapping the Trygon for a Trygon Prime, bringing a unit of 30 Termagants to make the Tervigon Troops, grabbing a unit of Hive Guard or Zoanthropes, and padding out the Genestealers.
>>
>>43908816
Additionally, I've been messing around with the new Corsair list and come up with this, at 2000 points exactly;

>Command Crew:
ML3 Void Dreamer w/Shadowfield, Corsair Jet Pack. 120 points.

>Primary Coterie (Sky Burners):
Corsair Princess w/Corsair Jet Pack, Void Sabre, Shadowfield, Seeker of Forbidden Pleasures. 125 points.

6 Voidstorm Felarchs w/Corsair Jet Packs, Corsair Combat Drugs, 3 Power Swords. 170 points.
Wasp w/2 Scatter Lasers, Void Burner. 75 points.

10 Reavers, 2 Fusion Guns, 2 Flamers, Corsair Jet Packs. Felarch. 185 points.
10 Reavers, 2 Fusion Guns, 2 Flamers, Corsair Jet Packs. Felarch. 185 points.

Corsair Nightwing w/Kinetic Shroud. 140 points.

>Additional Coterie (Titan Breakers):
Baron w/Corsair Jet Pack, Shimmershield. 50 points.

10 Corsairs, 4 Blasters, Corsair Jet Packs. Felarch. 195 points.

Hornet w/2 Pulse Lasers, Kinetic Shroud. 95 points.
Hornet w/2 Pulse Lasers, Kinetic Shroud. 95 points.

Balestrike Band w/Corsair Jet Packs, Dark Lances. Felarch. 125 points.

>Additional Coterie (Hate Bringers):
Cloud Dancer Baron w/Void Saber, Shimmershield. 80 points.

6 Cloud Dancers, Corsair Combat Drugs. Felarch w/Power Sword. 160 points.

Warp Hunter w/Kinetic Shroud. 200 points.

The Void Dreamer joins the unit of Reavers kitted out with Blasters; the Barons join the Troops choices of their respective Coteries. Titan Breakers and Hate Bringers start on the table, picking off vehicles and whatever I think is the nastiest thing in the enemy army respectively. The Princess and Sky Burners come in via Deep Strike and pick the rest of the enemy apart through jump-shoot-jump moves and melee.

Thoughts? Has anyone else been experimenting with Corsair lists?
>>
>>43908816
>mace tail
>bad AP
not a tyranid player but all close combat attacks are ap2, no?
>>
>>43908908
all close combat attacks of MCs i mean
>>
>>43908908
Tail weapons have a specific rule which means they aren't affected by special rules possessed by the owning model. Monstrous Creatures gain their AP2 melee attacks from the Smash special rule, which they all have as standard, so tail weapons aren't affected by it.

Because it wouldn't be Codex: Tyranids without a nice little clause making you worse than everyone else.
>>
>>43908908
Tail attacks don't benefit from models rules so whatever it's stats are that's all it gets
>>
>>43906578
How is that fair or balanced, that sounds like something a nothing personal kid that guy would do on a free form rp thread on Gaia.
>>
>>43908957
>>43908960
oh okay. thats pretty shit
>>
>>43909119
That's nids for ya...
>>
Salamanders list 3k points using their own Rite of War and glorious Vulkan

HQ:

- Chaplain Nomus Rhy'than - 215 points

Elites:

- 2 Legion Dreadnoughts, Multi-meltas, heavy flamers - 270 points

- Legion Mortis Dreadnought, 2 multi-meltas - 125 points

- Legion Mortis Dreadnought, 2 multi-meltas - 125 points

Troops:

2 x 10 Legion Tacticals, Melta Bombs on sarge, Rhino w/ Heavy Flamer - 410 points

Heavy Support:

- 1 Legion Vindicator Laser Destroyer, combi bolter - 135 points

Lord of War:

Vulkan - 425 points (warlord)
>5 Legion Chosen, 5 Powerfists, Land Raider Phobos transport (no upgrades) - 465 points

Allied detatchment - Solar Auxilia

HQ:

- Legate Commander, Power Fist, Artificer Armour, Iron Halo - 90 points

Troops:

Infantry Terico - 3 Lasrifle Sections, all with Blast Chargers - 375 points

Infantry Terico - 1 Veternis Storm Section, Volkite Chargers, Power Fist on Sarge - 130 points
>Dracosan Armoured Transport, Demolisher Cannon, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield - 210 points
>>
>>43908860
I've only seen the few pages on the FW site before seeing this list, is there a copy floating around?
>>
>>43874796
>and priced anti-guardsmen/boy/gaunt weapons at a premium but anti-marine weapons dirt cheap
They really only did the latter. I do however miss my 6 point plasma guns and Assault Squad Plasma Pistols actually being a viable choice.
>>
>>43909896
A kinda anon dumped photos a few days ago. I also have my own copy of the book now.
>>
File: WarConvocation.png (556 KB, 1139x840) Image search: [Google]
WarConvocation.png
556 KB, 1139x840
So, I have been given leave by my play group to take the shackles off and try a full on Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation. I'm likely going to be playing it against Tau or Biker marines, but I'm building it as an all-comers list, as I've never seen the top-tier armies of most of them. How does this look for a 1500 point list?

+ 1500/1500 War Convocation +
All Characters have Conversion Field, Digital Weapons and Infoslave Skull

Tech-Priest Dominus: 105
- Autocadeucus of Arkhan Land
- Eradication Ray

3 Kataphron Breachers: 150
- 2 Arc Rifles
- 1 Torsion Cannon
- 3 Hydraulic Claws

3 Kataphron Destroyers: 165
- 3 Heavy Grav Cannons
- 3 Phosphor Serpentas (Really not sure if these should be Cognis Flamers)

Ironstrider Ballistarii: 55
- Twin-Linked Cognis Autocannon

Onager Dunecrawler: 90
- Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber
- Cognis Heavy Stubber
- Cognis Manipulator
- Mindscanner Probe
- Smoke Launchers

5 Sicarian Infiltrators: 185
- Flechette Blasters and Taser Goats
- Omniscient Mask (Considering giving this to the Ruststalkers in return for the Pater Radium)

5 Ruststalkers: 160
- Transonic razor, Chordclaws, and Mindscrambler Grenades
- Phase Taser

10 Skitarii Rangers: 120
- 3x Transauranic Arquebus
- Omnispex
- Taser Goad
- The Skull of Elder Nikola

10 Skitarii Vanguard: 100
- 3x Plasma Caliver
- Omnispex
- Phosphoenix

Knight Errant: 370
- Meltagun
- Twin Icarus Autocannon
>>
>>43910404
Don't bother with Torsion Cannons, they're a waste of time. It's a single shot per gun on a unit with average BS and no way of ignoring cover. Their strength isn't high enough to regularly score the Penetrations they need to trigger the extra HP damage. They are better against Monstrous Creatures, but you have Grav Cannons or Plasma Cavaliers for that.

Stick with the Phosphor Blasters rather than the Cognis Flamers, IMO. The luminagen rule doesn't trigger often, but when it does it can be huge.

The Omniscient Mask works better on Ruststalkers, IMO. Their fragility and low model count per squad means they'll often find themselves having to make a lot of Ld tests; Infiltrators at least have Stealth to make them harder to kill.
>>
>>43910393
Schweet. I'll dig around desu to see if anything's been logged yet.
>>
>>43894011
>1501
Triggered
>>
What's the best Air Support for a tank-heavy Astra Militarum list? I was thinking about a Vulture with the twin-linked Punisher cannon and i fear it would be redundant with my Paskisher.
>>
>>43908860
Pretty cool, and close to what I was wanting to build, too.

I wanted 3 distinct factions in my force, jetpackers, tanks, and jetbikers. A prince and a void dreamer, 3 psyker barons, then 2 of each troop.
>>
>>43908816

Thanks for the feedback. Any relics or anything worth looking at? I was going to use the warriors as a secondary source of synapse.

I was thinking out taking 3 carnifexes with all melee weapons as a shitty anti-tank, or hoping to glance them down with the stealers.

Mostly just rhinos in the meta these days, so I'm not too worried about AV13-14. I hate grav, so I'll try having cheap hormagaunts carry the day haha. You don't think Adrenal glands is worth the fleet upgrade?

I took the Tervigon as an HQ just because I only have 30 termagants so far.

I'm a bit clueless. Thanks again.
>>43908960

Oh wow, that is bad.
>>
>>43912749
Vendetta.
You'll have a hard time taking down Flying hive Tyrants and other Flyers without them.
>>
Ministorum Priests are the greatest thing to happen to sisters. Nothing short of a good round of stomps gets through them. The sanguinary priest is great for shaking off Wyverns and AP3 close combat units.
Is furious charge on the scouts a good enough reason to give them close combat weapons, or should they have bolters?
Here's my list. C & C?

Sisters of Battle 1650 points

++Sisters of battle CAD++

Canoness (135 points / Warlord)
- Eviscerator
- Rosarius
- Mantle of Ophelia

Ministorum Priest (55 points)
- Power axe
- Litanies of Faith

Ministorum Priest (40 points)
- Power axe

Battle sister squad (265 points)
- (x15) additional Battle sisters
- Veteran Superior with Power axe
>Canonness, both Ministorum priests, Coteaz and Sanguinary priest go here

Battle sister squad (115 points)
- Heavy Flamer
- Flamer
- Rhino

Dominion squad (115 points)
- (x4) Meltagun
- Superior with Combi-Plasma

- (x4) Meltagun

- (x4) Meltagun

Exorcist (125 points)

Exorcist (125 points)

Exorcist (125 points)

++Inquisitorial detachment++

Inquisitor Coteaz (100 points)

++Flesh tearers strike force++

Sanguinary Priest (60 points)

Scout squad (55 points)
- Bolt pistols and CCWs

Drop pod (35 points)
>Dominion squad here

Drop pod (35 points)
>Dominion squad here

Drop pod (35 points)
>Dominion squad here
>>
>>43913005
>You don't think Adrenal glands is worth the fleet upgrade?

Hormagaunts and Genestealers have Fleet as standard, so you don't need Adrenal Glands. On which note - one more reason not to bother with the Swarmlord is you can kit a generic Tyranid+Guard out with Adrenals, so they actually have a hope in hell of reaching combat.

If the only vehicles you're up against are light Transports, then definitely get some Hive Guard. They're fantastic at breaking open AV10-12 vehicles. Transports might not be very dangerous in of themselves, but they can stop you from getting into close combat with the troops inside. If you don't have the firepower to get rid of them, your opponent can use them as very frustrating mobile bunkers.

>Oh wow, that is bad.

Yup. The current Tyranid Codex is trash, to be honest.
>>
>>43913024
Thanks. I still like the idea of getting a Vulture, is it worth it to replace my Hellound with it? I might miss on the Ignore cover part but i think that the sheer amount of hits will suffice
>>
>>43913305
Mech IG armies have no problem with infantry. An Eradicator is more durable than a Hellhound and has more range, while keeping its ability to ignore cover.
>>
Dark Eldar - Realspace Raiders - 1850

HQ
>Drazhar, Master of Blades, 190

Elites - 155
>Incubi 4 man w/ Klaivex + Venom w/ Splinter cannon - 155

Troops - 795
>Kabalite Warrior 10 man w/ Sybarite + Splinter Cannon + Raider w/ splinter racks, dark lance, and Aethersails - 185

>Kabalite Warrior 10 man w/ Sybarite + Splinter Cannon + Raider w/ splinter racks, dark lance, and Aethersails - 185

>Wyches 5 man w/ Hekatrix, Hydra Gauntlets, and Venom w/ TL splinter rifle -120

>Wyches 5 man w/ Hekatrix, Hydra Gauntlets, and Venom w/ TL splinter rifle -120

Fast Attack - 365
>Razorwing w/ Dark Lances, Monosycthe Missiles, nightshield - 155

>Reavers 5 man w/ Arena champion, Grav-Talon and Blaster - 105

>Reavers 5 man w/ Arena champion, Grav-Talon and Blaster - 105

Heavy Support - 345
>Ravager w/ 3x Dark lance - 125

>Ravager w/ 3x Disintegrator Cannons - 110

>Ravager w/ 3x Disintegrator Cannons - 110
>>
File: SAM_0008.jpg (6 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0008.jpg
6 MB, 4320x3240
>>43853059
ok /tg/ I have a bunch of Dark Angels minis and the DA codex, I'd like to make a list out of what models I have available,
(2-company masters,
(2-Librarians
(1-Terminator Librarian
(1-Terminator Chaplain
(1-Interrogator Chaplain
(35-Deathwing Terminators I like Terminators.... (40-Tactical Marines
(10-Scouts
(2-Devastator Squads
(2-Predators
(6- Ravenwing Bikes
(3-Ravenwing Knights
(1- Nephilim Jet fighter
(1- Rhino

I have a Friend who plays Space Marines and he is willing to loan me 5 more bikes and a Speeder, another Predator, 2 Rhinos, a Drop pod, and 1 Razorback
I expect to Fight Nids, other Marines, Ad Mech, Dark Eldar, and Chaos, not really sure what to expect list wise from any of them, I'd like suggestions for something I can throw together with the base models I have available, and suggestions on future purchases for my Dark Angels Army
>>
>>43917994
I'd suggest a mix between greenwing and deathwing or ravenwing(or if your a sick fuck nothing but 2+ rerollable ravenwing, with a psyker casting invisibility). Ad Mech may pose trouble but they're low model count can let you focus fire on 1 or 2 targets and deal a huge amount of damage, against nids I wouldn't recommenced bring a psyker cause they'll usually out warp charge you and shadow in the warp combined with horror is a pain in the ass. For dark eldar their best strategy(if not haemonculus coven rape fest) is to go around and disable or destroy immediate threats then rush objectives so you should defend yourself against that by keeping your vehicles protected with cover saves or invulns(from librarians). As for future purchases maybe like 2-3 more rhinos, 2 drop pods, a land raider or 2 and some bike HQs.
>>
>>43918347
Thanks, I was thinking about picking up the Ravenwing battle box for the attack bike and the Speeder and picking up a Darkshroud for exactly that 2+ rerollable Ravenwing maybe picking up 2 more speeders for 3 for the support squadron
>>
>>43917994

Not a bad start. I would take the following list:

Interrogator Chaplain on Bike with Mace of Redemption

Black Knights x 6; Banner, Champion, Apothecary

Ravenwing x 3; 2 Grav, Melta Bomb
Ravenwing x 3; 2 Melta, Melta Bomb

Nephilim

Formation:

Darkshroud w/ 3 Landspeeders, Double Heavy Bolters each

Terminator Interrogator Chaplain

Scouts x 5
Scouts x 5
Tacticals x 10 in Rhino with Grav, Cannon and Combi-Grav or Plasma Gun, Cannon and Combi-Plasma

Terminators x 5; Command Squad with Champion, Apothecary, 3 TH+SS

or

Deathwing Knights

Good mix of mobility and heavy hitters. Scouts infiltrate and open up, Tacticals provide support, turn two the ravenwing comes in, turn three your deathwing drop in to delete some stuff.
>>
>>43917994
Also those are my models in the pic, whadya think of the paint job
>>
>>43918900
Yeah just be prepared to be hated me and my friends did some math and it was like 1 in 1000 shots would kill with invisibility and 2+ rerollable.
>>
>>43917994
Maybe have a look at my list here >>43859484
as it got some nice replies and wouldn't take a lot of changing to work with the models you have.

Your paintjob is pretty nice too, I prefer a more white colour scheme but keep doing what you're doing.
>>
File: Imperial_Fists.png (1 MB, 854x659) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Fists.png
1 MB, 854x659
I have four armies; two in 30k two in 40k. I'll post'em here for critique. Will give suggestions to other armies tomorrow just came back home from a trip and am tired as fuck.

Army 1: 30k Imperial Fists

2500 points

---HQ---

Alexis Polux - 165 points

Legion Centurion - 95 points
-Master of Signals

---Troops---

(10) Legion Tactical Squad - 150 points

(10) Legion Tactical Squad - 150 points

---Fast Attack---

(3) Legion Attack Bike Squadron - 135 points
-Melta-bombs for everyone

---Elites---

(10) Legion Terminator Squad - 535 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor
-Thunder Hammers for everyone
-Vigil Pattern Storm Shields for everyone
-Grenade Harness for Terminator Sargent

(10) Legion Veteran Tactical Squad - 250 points
-2 Heavy Bolters and Suspendor Webs
-Artificer Armor for Sargent
-Veteran Tactics: Sniper

(3) Legion Rapier Weapons Battery - 165 points
-Laser Destroyer Arrays

---Heavy Support---

(5) Legion Heavy Support Squad - 240 points
-5 Lascannons
-Tank Hunter (Imperial Fists Special Rule)
-Augury Scanner for Sargent

(5) Legion Heavy Support Squad - 210 points
-5 Missile Launchers
-Flak Missiles

(5) Legion Heavy Support Squad - 210 points
-5 Missile Launchers
-Flak Missiles

---Dedicated Transports---

Legion Tactical Squad: Rhino - 60 points
-Extra Armor
-Heavy Bolter

Legion Tactical Squad: Rhino - 60 points
-Extra Armor
-Havoc Launcher

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad: Rhino - 60 points
-Extra Armor
-Heavy Bolter
Army Notes: Master of Signal stays back with the rapier batteries and Heavy Support Squads to boost them. Termies teleport deep strike thanks to Polux's special ability. Polux is Warlord. As impractical as it is I am keeping TH/SS on all Termies cuz they look cool as shit.
>>
File: Word_Bearers.png (4 MB, 1157x1505) Image search: [Google]
Word_Bearers.png
4 MB, 1157x1505
Army 2: 30k Word Bearers

2500 points

Rite Of War: The Dark Brethren

---HQ---

Erebus - 195 points

Legion Centurion - 85 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon
-Power weapon is Tainted Weapon

---Troops---

(18) Legion Tactical Squad - 280 points
-Dark Channelling
-Chainwords/Bolt Pistols instead of Bolters
-Power Fist for Sargent

(17) Legion Tactical Squad - 270 points
-Dark Channelling
-Chainwords/Bolt Pistols instead of Bolters
-Power Fist for Sargent

---Fast Attack---

(10) The Ashen Circle - 365 points
-7 Power Axes
-Artificer Armor for Iconoclast
-2 Phosphex Bombs for Iconoclast
-Melta-bombs for Iconoclast

Storm Eagle Gunship - 240 points
-Extra Armor
-Armored Ceramite

Storm Eagle Gunship - 240 points
-Extra Armor
-Armored Ceramite

---Elites---

(10) Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren - 400 points
-2 Power Weapons (Mauls)
-Pair Of Lightning Claws for Dark Martyr
-Artificer Armor for Dark Martyr
-Melta-bombs for Dark Martyr

Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought - 305 points

(2) Apothercary - 120 points
-Artificer Armor
-Augury Scanner

+++Optional 498 Points Chaos Daemons Allied Detachment (overall army is 2998 points as a result)+++

-Both Tac Squads with Nuncio Vox - 20 points

---HQ---

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage - 325 points
-Exalted Reward: Grimoire Of True Names
-Greater Rewards (random)

---Troops---

(17) Pink Horrors - 153 points

Army Note: Centurion HAS to stay in Termie armor as I need at least 1 guy in the whole army in Termie armor for fluff Anointed stuff.
>>
File: Realm of Chaos.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Realm of Chaos.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
Army 3: Rogue Trader's Army (uses 1st edition ideas like former Inquisitors becoming Rogue Traders, beakie helmed Crimson Fists, Imperium using Eldar mercenaries, etc.)

1850 points

+++(Former) Inquisition Detachment+++

(Former) Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 113 points (WARLORD)
-Conversion Beamer
-Psyker Mastery Level 1
-Power Armor
-Digital Weapons

(Former) Inquisatorial Henchmen - 75 points
-Jokaero Warsmith
-Servitor with Plasma Cannon
-Servitor with Plasma Cannon

+++CAD: Crimson Fists+++

---HQ---

Pedro Kantor - 185 points

---Troops---

(5) Tactical Squad - 70 points

(5) Tactical Squad - 70 points

---Elites---

(10) Sternguard Veteran Squad - 320 points
-10 Combi-plasmas

---Heavy Support---

(5) Devastator Squad - 150 points
-4 Lascannons

Sternguard Veteran Squad: Drop Pod - 50 points
-Deathwind Launcher

Tactical Squad: Rhino - 40 points
-Dozer Blade

Tactical Squad: Rhino - 40 points
-Dozer Blade

+++Allied Detachment: Imperial Guard Militia Army+++

---HQ---

(5) Compan Command Squad - 75 points
-Medipack

---Troops---

(75) Infantry Platoon - 295 points
-1 Platoon Squad with Medipack
-2 Infantry Squads
-50 conscripts

+++CAD: Eldar Mercenaries+++

---HQ---

Warlock Skyrunner - 55 points
-Singing Spear

---Troops---

(3) Windriders - 81 points
-Scatter Lasers

(3) Windriders - 81 points
-Scatter Lasers

+++Officio Assassinorum Detachment+++

Vindicare Assassin - 150 points
>>
File: DE.jpg (133 KB, 893x606) Image search: [Google]
DE.jpg
133 KB, 893x606
Army 4: Dark Eldar (based on a narrative similar to the Hunchback of Notre Dame but with Dark Eldars/Eldars instead of hunchbacks/humans)

1846 points

+++Primary CAD+++

---HQ---

Haemonculus - 110 points
-Webway Portal
-Splinter Pistol

---Troops---

(5) Kabalite Warriors - 55 points
-1 Blaster

(5) Kabalite Warriors - 55 points
-1 Blaster

---Elites---

(5) Kabalite Trueborn - 130 points
-4 Blasters
-1 Splinter Cannon

(5) Kabalite Trueborn - 130 points
-4 Blasters
-1 Splinter Cannon

(5) Wracks - 50 points

---Fast Attack---

(6) Reavers - 146 points
-2 Heat Lances
-2 Cluster Caltrops

(5) Scourges - 140 points
-4 Splinter Cannons

Venom - 65 points
-Splinter Cannon

Venom - 65 points
-Splinter Cannon

Venom - 65 points
-Splinter Cannon

Venom - 65 points
-Splinter Cannon

Raider - 70 points
-Night Shields

+++Corpsethief Claw+++

(5) Talos - 700 points
-2 Chain-fails
-Twin-linked Haywire Blaster
>>
File: 1445874273817.png (4 MB, 1622x1076) Image search: [Google]
1445874273817.png
4 MB, 1622x1076
+++ Tau (1000pts) for campaign+++

List shown below is a 750 points list from the previous battle. Can't change the list beyond adding more things (squad size, more expensive weapons or new units).

Currently contemplating to either aim to form a Hunter Cadre already, or spend points in improving the list something like a Buffmander or Markercommander/Hammerhead/broadsides or 1 section of a Tidewall Shieldline (recently bought) or upgrades.

Next battle vs Dark Angels.

+++ Tau 750 (747pts) to be upgraded to 1000+++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (747pts) ++

+ HQ (60pts) +

Cadre Fireblade (60pts)
··Rules: Independent Character, Split Fire, Supporting Fire, Volley Fire

+ Elites (289pts) +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (149pts)
[Bonding Knife Ritual, MV7 Marker Drone]
··Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon [Advanced Targeting System]
··Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon [Advanced Targeting System]
··Stealth Shas'vre [Drone Controller, Fusion Blaster, Homing beacon, Markerlight and target lock]

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (140pts)
··Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Fusion Collider, Twin-linked Burst Cannon]

+ Troops (255pts) +

Breacher Team (67pts)
..Fire Warrior Shas'ui with Pulse Blaste
..4x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster
..MV36 Guardian Drone

Kroot Carnivores (70pts)
[Sniper Rounds]
..10x Kroot
Strike Team (118pts)
..12x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle
··DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Missile Pod]

+ Fast Attack (143pts) +

Pathfinder Team (143pts)
[MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone]
··4x Pathfinder
··3x Pathfinder with Ion Rifle [3x Ion Rifle]
··Pathfinder Shas'ui [Pulse Carbine with Markerlight]
>>
>>43917249
Drop the Blasters from the Reaver squads. They'll be Jinking most of the time anyway. Replace the Grav-Talons with Cluster Caltrops.

Swap out all of the Disintigrator Cannons on the Ravagers for Dark Lances. Dark Eldar can handle infantry well enough with mass Splinter weapons, but they really need the extra Lances to deal with vehicles.

Get the additional Splinter Cannons on the Venoms as well, they add a lot more firepower. I'm not terribly convinced by the Wych squads on the whole - they won't hit very hard and don't have the bodies to act as a tarpit. You could try dropping them and taking a second squad of Incubi in a Venom instead.
>>
>>43922984
>Power weapon is Tainted Weapon
thats not how that works: a TW is different from a power wepaon,not an upgrade. TW are also fucking shit

why are you using Mauls on the Voebak? AP4 dosent help you very much, and str 7 is basically the same as Str 6.try swords instead

the Grimoire is wasted on you 'thurster:he cant use it on himself, and he wont want to be near the horrors
>>
>>43922898
you may want to exchange those ML for autocannon on that last HS squad:this will let you engage all vehicle types, including squads like sentainals or killa kans.

also, as catti's cant run,you might want to give one of them an ass cannon, lets you do some damage whilst you are are capping points
>>
File: 250.jpg (18 KB, 250x301) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
18 KB, 250x301
In the rough stages of putting together a rough 1850 Grey Knight list, I have chosen an allied detachment of Imperial Knights and an Assassin as they seem really fun to play with. Putting together this list to mostly play with friends who play Orks and Necrons. Would like to have utilised Draigo with Paladins but the point cost seemed to be getting too dear when bringing my chosen allied detachments.

Still new to the game so be rough with me if I am way off or my list makes no sense.

The list doesn't quite come out to a clean 1850 value yet (currently totaling 1940), but I wanted to gather some feedback if this kind of list is worth pursuing.

200 - Dreadknight (CC & Force usage)
+ Personal Teleporter, Greatsword, Heavy Psilencer

215 - Dreadknight (Medium range firepower role)
+ Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon

140 - Librarian (Paired with Terminator Squad)
+ Mastery Level 3, Storm Bolter

380 - Terminator Squad (10)
+ Psycannon (2), Daemonhammer (1)

220 - 10 Model Interceptor Squad (10)
+ Incinerator (2)

220 - 10 Model Interceptor Squad (10)
+ Incinerator (2)

415 - Imperial Knight Paladin (Long range firepower role)
+ Stormspear Rocket Pod

150 - Vindicare Assassin (Long range firepower role)
>>
Hey,

There aren't any rules on using OOP troops right?
>>
>>43925866
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>43925655
one thing to note: if you want longrange fire power, the crusader is better at it than the paladin
>>
>>43925655
the heavy psycannon and the heavy psilencer are kinda butts.if you are looking to save points,look there first.

same goes for incinerators on interceptors: losing the FW can be a bit shit
>>
>>43925866
Not unless you're talking about stuff like squats.
Things like praetorians and rogue trader stuff are fine.
>>
Thanks for the suggestions so far I really appreciate it!

>>43924856
I know TW isn't an upgrade I forgot to mention I have it there for fluffy reasons. Wasn't really sure on what power weapons to give so I just went with mauls. I'll try out swords.

Is the Grimoire useless, too even if I intend to use to the Horrors to summon using Maelefic?

>>43925293
How effective is the autocannon on flying units? A big part of me using the MLs is cuz of flyers.

Catti's being unable to run is taken care of thanks to teleportation deep striking.

>>43925655
This is 7e, babe. You need transports or deep striking preferably transports. Also seconding the switch to an IK Crusader as he's the best at ranged firepower.
>>
>>43863613
>start making anti knight builds pretty quickly
As they should. Honestly, if you play mono-knights, you have to expect this. If you complain to your friends that they didn't bring anti-infantry when you told them you'd be playing knights is sorta silly. That would be like complaining someone didn't bring potato salad to a funeral.
>>
File: 1423863710558.jpg (78 KB, 600x774) Image search: [Google]
1423863710558.jpg
78 KB, 600x774
+++ New Roster (1850pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +
Ministorum Priest [Eviscerator, Storm Bolter, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ +
Saint Celestine

+ Elites +
Repentia Squad [9x Sister Repentia]

+ Troops +
Battle Sister Squad [4x Battle Sisters, Heavy Bolter]
····Immolator [Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer]
····Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Battle Sister Squad [9x Battle Sisters, Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter]
····Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Fast Attack +
Dominion Squad [4x Dominions, 4x Meltagun]
····Dominion Superior [Chainsword, Combi-Melta]
····Immolator [Dozer Blade, Extra Amour, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad [10x Seraphim, 2x Two Hand Flamers]
····Seraphim Superior [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Sword]

+ Heavy Support +
Exorcist

Exorcist [Laud Hailer]

++ Space Wolves: Codex (2014) (Allied Detachment) ++

+ HQ +
Rune Priest [Jump Pack, Psyker Mastery Level 1, Relic: The Wulfen Stone, Rune Axe]
····Runic Armour [Bolt Pistol]

+ Troops +
Blood Claws
····9x Blood Claw [9x Bolt Pistol, 8x Chainsword, Power Sword]
····Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader [Melta Bombs, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw]

+ Fast Attack +
Stormwolf [Fighter Ace, Skyhammer Missile Launcher]
>>
1501 points

++Champions of Fenris++

+HQ+
Bjorn the Fell-Handed (Helfrost Cannon. Drop Pod) 220 points

Rune Priest (ML2, Terminator Armour, Melta Bombs) - 115

Rune Priest - 60

+Troops+
13x Blood Claws (Flamer, Stormwolf) 161 points

+Elites+

5x Wolf Guard Terminators (Hammers+Shields) 240 points

Iron Priest - 55 points

+Heavy Support+

5x Long Fangs (Ancient w/ Flamer, 4 missile launchers) 135

+Dedicated Transport+

Stormwolf (Multimeltas) 235 points

Drop Pod - 35 points

++Void Claws++

Wolf Guard Terminators (twin Wolf Claws) 240 points
>>
>>43922670
Thanks Brother, I like your list as well, I was thinking of Running the Lvl 2 Terminator Librarian with a Command Squad and putting the Interogator Chaplain with the Knights and using the DW Squads to shoot crap out of whatever's in range as the arrive ( They get Twin Linked with Vengeful Strike, and can choose to Run then shoot or shoot then run during the Shooting phase Via Take the Fight to the enemy right? )
>>
>>43928281
Your army is all over the place.
Repentia have no transport.
The battle sister squad in the immolator should have a Heavy Flamer instead of a Heavy Bolter.
The only reason you should take seraphim superior is to dodge challenges. Drop the sword and the Melta bombs.
Dominions are good, I think the immolator should have a laud hailer instead of extra armour though.
I think the dominions should have a Heavy Flamer on their Immolator. Outflanking gets you into Flamer range very easily.
The battle sisters' Immolator should have a Multi-Melta, it'll need the extra range.
Not experienced with SW, so can't say anything about them.
>>
Alpha Legion 2.5K, is this half-decent?

>HQ
1 Praetor
Cataphractii Armour
Combi-Bolter
Chainfist
Digital Lasers
Venom Spheres

4 Legion Command Squad
Plasma Blaster
2 Chainfist
2 Power Weapon

Anvillus Dreadclaw Pod

1 Legion Chaplain (Joins Headhunters)
Plasma Pistol
Artificer Armour
Refractor Field

>Elites
1 Contemptor
Kheres Assault Cannon
Extra Armour

10 Veteran Tactical Squad
2 Missile Launchers
Nuncio-vox
Powerfist on Sergeant

>Troops
10 Tactical Squad

10 Tactical Squad
Rhino, 2nd bolter

>Fast Attack
6 Headhunter Kill Team
Heavy Bolter
Power Fist on Sergeant
Artificer Armour on Sergeant

>Heavy Support
1 Fire Raptor Gunship
Reaper Autocannons
Armoured Ceramite

5 Heavy Support Squad
Lascannons
Rhino, 2nd bolter

5 Heavy Support Squad
Lascannons
Rhino, 2nd bolter
>>
File: Sanguinius.jpg (501 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinius.jpg
501 KB, 1131x1600
I'll be trying my wings at a 500pts Patrol Tournament during the coming weekend with my Blood Angels.

Comps including, but not limited to, max.50 models, max.2 vehicles of which combined armor values (F/S/R) max. is 33, no fliers, no allies, no fortifications, no large blast weapons or psychic powers, only up to 2W models (3W for nids), no 2+ saves of any kind.

Blood Angels 500 points

HQ
Sanguinary Priest (100) - WARLORD
- Power Sword
- Jump Pack
- Hand Flamer
>Will join the Assault Marines for maximum FnP coverage and fiery death. Also WS5 for the win on this points level.

ELITE
5x Death Company (130)
- Power Sword
- Jump Packs
>These guys either soak up oncoming fire for the larger Assault Squad, or hit home and hard with S5 A5 per model

TROOPS (65) I miss my double Assault Squad patrol list
5x Scouts
- Bolt Pistols and CCWs
>Mandatory Troop tax, can infiltrate to grab the relic, good for eating up overwatch/support charging an enemy

FAST ATTACK
10x Assault Marine (205)
- Veteran Sergeant with Power Sword
- 2x Flamer
>Main body of the army, can withstand incoming fire pretty well with FnP and cover in case of AP3 or better.

>>43857777

>Company command squad
I would suggest dumping the standard when playing vets. You're better off taking 4 cheap specials or 3+vox on them (GL/sniper).

>Primaris Psykers
ML2 maybe, unless you're in for just primaris.

>Veterans
Both units are dying for their 3x special weapons - GLs are cheap and good at this game size. Voxes if CCS gets one.

>Leman Russ Vanquisher
At BS3 it is a questionable choice. I might consider changing your CCS to a Vanquisher Tank Commander and move another Russ to be his squadronmate.

>Leman Russ Punisher
Add Heavy Stubber if points allow

>Leman Russ Executioner
You could drop the plasma sponsons for cheaper ones, unless you REALLY need those AP2 blasts

>Inquisitor Coteaz
What's his point in the list? I'd rather up Psykers to ML2.

>Aegis defense line
Get a gun if points allow.
>>
I wanna give 40k CSM another try even though I have abandoned 40k Chaos for 30k Word Bearers (and later Thousand Sons, too.) But before I buy them again I wanna make sure I can have something decent that's fluffy but not too sucky.

My first army I wanna try is based on Word Bearers. So Marks of every god present (the Marines only have MoT for fluffy reasons as a result for Tzeentch rep in army.) Khorne Apostle goes with Khorne Cultists for many attacks charge (even if 20 cultists die that's still 60 attacks). Slaanesh Termie Lord Deep Strikes with Slaanesh Terminators (Termies in Word Bearers known as Anointed.) WB had the first Possessed so I have a group that goes in a Land Raider then charges the enemy. WB also summon daemons so I have a Nurgle Daemon Prince.

WORD BEARERS: http://pastebin.com/yxy25Z3w

The second army is Thousand Sons. It's really just Sorcerer, Rubric Marines/Aspiring Sorcerer, and Heralds/Horrors of Tzeentch all rolling for fuck tons of Warp Charges to do all sorts of magic on the enemy. More luck based on rolls, but lots of magic to be done. Don't want too many Daemons in this either as it becomes more Daemons than CSM eventually.

THOUSAND SONS: http://pastebin.com/W5aRs9YM

>>43928281
Bruh get transports, and the Space Wolves really aren't supporting the Sisters that well. Also are you sure you gonna go with Sisters? They are mad expensive. Also I would recommend running Grey Knights instead of Space Wolves, but if you gonna Space Wolves run priests lots and lots of them.

>>43857777
Change to standard Leman Russ as they are better. Have no idea why Coteaz or the defense line is there. Remove Coteaz, Defense line and the Psykers. Get Chimeras or a Chimera and a Valkyrie.

>>43932605
I highly recommend rereading the legion specific rules for Alpha Legion carefully then redoing this whole thing. It's not a bad list, but looks more like an Imperial Fists list than Alpha Legion because you're not taking full advantage of their rules.
>>
>>43928281

Continuing from what >>43930994 said, I'll tell you know that you have your SW all wrong:

1) take the Terminator out of that Blood Claw squad, that is a waste of points. Blood Claws are designed to have devastating charges, you should not be getting into a situation where you need a Storm Shield. That model right there is 35 points, and with the random power sword taken out, is 50 points. That could be used to get 4 more Blood Claws, A.K.A. 16 more attacks on the charge, which is way more useful than making 4 of them AP3.

Blood Claws are a squad to go "TRY MAKING THIS MANY SAVES, BITCH!" any attempt to give them extra AP is a waste. If you absolutely need to give them a WGPL, then I would suggest giving him a Power Lance to take advantage of their devastating charges, otherwise, stick with just a blob.

2) Swap those Skyhammer Missiles for a Multimelta. You are going to be getting up close and personal, and those twin-linked multimelta's will eat enemy tanks for lunch. That gunships main purpose is to land, take out anything that could threaten your Blood Claws, then let the Blood Claws do their thing. I don't know about Fighter Ace, i've never used it myself, but I haven't heard anything about it ever being useful, so, really, it's a judgement call.

3) Rune Priest, I assume is going to be with the Seraphim's. If you want to make him more useful, drop the Wulfen Stone and give him ML2, if you bring him with Sanctic and get Hammerhand, then you won't need the Wulfen Stone.

So, if you take all of the advice between the two of us, you should have a good few points left to spend after you ammendments, you may want to consider getting an Iron Priest to attach to your Blood Claws to make that Stormwolf more survivable (Remember, he can heal any vehicle he is inside of)
>>
>>43925655
>>43927461
Almost everything I have from GK has deep strike doesn't it, or is it still preferable to try make room for some paladins or terminators in land raiders?
>>
>>43933728
To be quite honest I am not entirely sure as I don't know GK as well as I do SM/CSM, but one thing I do know is to NOT have everything in your army Deep Strike even if everything has that option. Yeah having some Land Raiders (or Storm Eagles if GKs have that option I am not sure) is good as a result. Main problem being that if you have everything in your army Deep Strike god forbid the enemy having anything with the interceptor special rule which WILL fuck you up.
>>
>>43933895
Yeah I don't mean to say I'm going to deep strike everything. Just that I have the option of picking and choosing. We have storm ravens if they are comparable to storm eagles.
>>
>>43934198
Storm Ravens can't transport models can it? Otherwise yeah just use Land Raiders. You can't just do basic footslogging at matches over 500 points. Deep Strike/Transport everything that needs to be.
>>
>>43934225
Stormravens carry 12 dudes
Storm Eagles are FW, carry 20 dudes, can Deep Strike, have better guns, and its occupants can disembark and charge the same turn it came on the board

So basically, Storm Eagles are better, but they're FW and thus cost more $$ in addition to more points
>>
>>43932910
Are you taking the flesh tearers strike force?
Rolling 10 or more for charge range gets you Rage.
>>
File: Freeblade_Splash_Art.jpg (209 KB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
Freeblade_Splash_Art.jpg
209 KB, 2208x1242
I was thinking of building up to this list. I already have the assassins. Need to rest. Its a 2000 point list to play against my friends. Is there any chance to win with it?

Assassin execution force
-Vindicare Assassin
-Eversor Assassin
-Callidus Assassin
-Culexus Assassin
570 points

Militarum Tempestus Ground Assault Formation
-Commissar
-Tempestus Command Squad (meltagun, plasmagun, volley gun)
-10 Scions (volley gun, plasmagun)
-10 Scions (meltagun, plasmagun)
-10 Scions (meltagun, plasmagun)
-Taurox Prime (volley gun, Taurox gatling cannon)
-Taurox Prime (autocannon, Taurox missile Launcher)
1000 points

Imperial Knight Crusader (rapid-fire battle cannon)
430 points
>>
>>43929070
That's exactly what my plan is now! and yeah you get that TL on the turn you deepstrike.

I actually just played this earlier today against dark eldar. My missile launchers took out a voidraven bomber as the terminators deepstruck in (we laughed at the idea of a terminator teleporting in on his back and accidentally letting loose a bunch of missiles up into the sky then an aircraft falling down not moments later) and the rest of his army got into close combat with me the next turn. Turns out eldar are allergic to powerfists.
>>
Going to play mainly against SoB. Everything in Immolators and 3 Exterminators. I think I will get rekt, won't I?

My standard KDK List is:

Slaughtercult (1043 pts)

2x8 Berzerkers. Champ has melta bombs. Rhino. Icon of Wrath for 217 pts per squad

2x8 Cultists for 58 per squad

Chaos Juggerlord: axe of khorne, powerfist, sigil of corruption (skull helm of khorne) <- dont think i really need that one 215 pts (without helm, 200)

2x2 Chaos Spawns for 64 per squad

Gorepack (462 pts)
2x3 Bikes. Usually they run 2x melta + combi-melta. Considering going Plasma instead as Immolators don't have heavy armour, not decided on that one

3x5 Flesh Hounds for 80 pts per squad.

Total around 1500 pts

What do I do? With everything hiding in vehicles, I'm not sure if I should really charge them or go for objectives instead and charge them once they come close. Or go full ham as their vehicles are usually not very tough? And if he goes full flamer, am I done? I don't even think I should let the Juggerlord scout (as I usually would) as he will be shot by everyone.. Need especially tactical advice, I'm a noob
>>
>>43934301
If FW is allowed go Eagle, otherwise Raven
>>
-HQ-

Sevrin Loth, 175 pts

-Troops-

10 x Tactical Marines, Apothecary Upgrade, Combi-Plasma, Plasma Gun, Rhino, 200 pts
10 x Tactical Marines, Apothecary Upgrade, Combi-Plasma, Plasma Gun, Rhino, 200 pts

-Fast Attack-

Drop Pod, 35 pts

-Heavy Support-

3 x Centurion Devastators, Grav Cannons, Omniscope, 250 pts

Grey Knights Nemesis Strike Force

-HQ-

Librarian, ML 3, Combi-Melta, 145 pts

-Troops-

5 x Terminators, 4 Halberds, 1 Hammer, 1 Psycannon - 203 pts

-Heavy Support-

Nemesis Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Hammer, Personal Teleporter - 220 pts
Nemesis Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Hammer, Personal Teleporter - 220 pts

1850 points. Semi-competitive to keep up with the buffed 7th ed armies. Is it too scumbaggy?
>>
>>43937790
Not scumbaggy at all. Tac Squads? Really? Hell Tac Squads with TEN MEMBERS? The only thing close to scumbaggy you have is the Centurion Devastator Squad and maybe the Dreadknights.

Seriously though drop the Tac Squads to their default 5 members, grab some scouts or something.
>>
>>43938496
I picked up the Betrayal at Calth box and was actually kinda excited to use that many Tac Marines haha. I thought it was offset by the fact that each squad has a 5+ FNP from the Apothecary and can't be pinned when the Rhino gets popped. Red Scorpions can't take camo cloaks and I'm not really a fan of the Scout models (or bike models for that matter), so TL;DR that's how I ended up with 30 fucking marines.
>>
>>43928637

Updated. I noticed that the Rune Priest was actually not that expensive, and considering that all I wanted him for was to help the Long Fangs with Precience/melee, I decided to swap him for an Inquisitor that could do the same job, plus have long-range capability, and at almost the same cost (the Demon Blade is so that I can hopefully roll a Familiar and Dark Resurrection to get +1 warp charge and make him hard as nails...) Of course, I expect this to blow up in my face, but again, there is little ways that it can be worse than the base Rune Priest, so it's still an upgrade.

++Champions of Fenris++

+HQ+
Bjorn the Fell-Handed (Helfrost Cannon. Drop Pod) 220 points

Rune Priest (ML2, Terminator Armour, Melta Bombs) - 115

+Troops+
13x Blood Claws (Flamer, Stormwolf) 161 points

+Elites+

5x Wolf Guard Terminators (Hammers+Shields) 240 points

Iron Priest - 55 points

+Heavy Support+

5x Long Fangs (4 missile launchers) 130

+Dedicated Transport+

Stormwolf (Multimeltas) 235 points

Drop Pod - 35 points

++Inquisition++

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Power Armour, Daemon Blade, Hellrifle, Psyker ML1) 63

++Void Claws++

Wolf Guard Terminators (twin Wolf Claws) 240 points
>>
>>43938656
You use 10 man Tac Squads in 30k, friend. 10 man Tac Squads in 40k is pointless.
>>
>>43938731
His get free FNP though.
>>
>>43938936
Don't matter use the points to get better stuff.
>>
>>43924753
Are you sure about dropping the disintegrator, I'm going up against blood angels so I'm expecting 2-3 dreadnoughts and a lot of jump infantry in power that have the same or high Initiative than me and definitely higher Strength and Toughness and than me.
>>
I'm making my first Tyranid list, and I'm aiming it at friendly matches, but I'd like to avoid major weaknesses. I'd appreciate any help you can offer, /tg/.

+++ Tyranids (1500pts) +++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Tyrannocyte [5x Deathspitters]

Tyrannocyte [5x Deathspitters]

+ HQ +

Deathleaper

+ Elites +

Hive Guard Brood
··Hive Guard [Adrenal Glands, Impaler Cannon]

Venomthrope Brood [2x Venomthrope]

Zoanthrope Brood [Neurothrope, 2x Zoanthrope]

+ Troops +

Genestealer Brood [10x Genestealer]

Hormagaunt Brood [12x Hormagaunt]

Hormagaunt Brood [12x Hormagaunt]

+ Fast Attack +

Tyranid Shrike Brood
··Tyranid Shrike [Devourer, Scything Talons]

+ Heavy Support +

Biovore Brood [Biovore, Biovore]

Carnifex Brood
··Carnifex [Adrenal Glands, Crushing Claws, Stranglethorn Cannon]

Mawloc [Prehensile Pincer, Regeneration]

Thanks for any insight you can give me!
>>
I've been surprisingly enjoying Ultramarines in 30k so here's a 40k attempt from me at them. Yeah I know I can have Bike Squads as Troops thank to based Biker Captain, but I still have Tac Squads because they seem more versatile having their own metal box and everything.

1850 points

+++Ultramarines CAD+++

---HQ---

Chief Librarian Tigurius - 165 points

Captain - 195 points
-Chapter Master
-Artificer Armor
-Primarch's Wrath
-Space Marine Bike
-Melta-Bombs

---Troops---

(5) Tactical Squad - 90 points
-1 Plasma Gun
-Melta-Bombs for Sargent

(5) Tactical Squad - 90 points
-1 Plasma Gun
-Melta-Bombs for Sargent

Rhino - 35 points

Rhino - 35 points

---Fast Attack---

(3) Attack Bike Squad - 120 points

(3) Land Speeders - 210 points
-3 Typhoon Missile Launchers

---Heavy Support---

(3) Devastator Centurion Squad - 250 points
-3 Grav-Cannons and Grav-Amps
-Omniscope for Sargent

(5) Devastator Squad - 170 points
-4 Missile Launchers with Flakk Missile Upgrades

+++Ultramarines Skyhammer Annihilation Force+++

(5) Assault Squad - 100 points
-2 Flamers
-Jump Packs
-Melta-Bombs for Sargent

(5) Assault Squad - 100 points
-2 Flamers
-Jump Packs
-Melta-Bombs for Sargent

(5) Devastator Squad - 110 points
-4 Multi-Meltas

Drop Pod - 35 points

(5) Devastator Squad - 110 points
-4 Multi-Meltas

Drop Pod - 35 points
>>
>>43913218

Like everything, the situation with the scouts depends on what you are facing. BA scouts have worse BS than Vanilla, so you will hit harder and more consistently with melee. I would use them to counter-charge things that make it into your line.

7 S5 founds at i4 isn't bad for 55 points. They will kill one or two things before going down generally.
>>
>>43941011

I would give your tacs grav instead of plasma and give the sarge a matching combi-weapon.

Don't really see the benefit of the attack bikes; you are paying 120 points for 9 heavy bolter shots a turn?

Flakk Missiles aren't great.

Looks okay.
>>
>>43935311
Nah, I would need to take a second unit of scouts or tacticals to be able to use get the bonuses. And even if I had a second troops unit, I would still rather use the Baal Strike Force for that delicious +1I on the charge.

I really miss the options for death company and assault marines as troops.

>>43935817

Seems like a pretty legit list to me, for friendly games. Not too powerful, but has enough punch in the knight and assassins.

I would suggest that you don't mix your speial weapons in the Scions squads. Myself I would take:
>-Tempestus Command Squad (meltagun, meltagun, meltagun)
>-10 Scions (volley gun, volley gun)
>-10 Scions (plasmagun, plasmagun)
>-10 Scions (plasmagun, plasmagun)
That way your squads would be more dedicated to a certain task, rather than potentially wasting the other special weapon's shooting, especially when it comes to shooting at vehicles with the volley gun.
>>
>>43877893

>Oh come on. The solution to dealing with stupid is more sobriety. Stupid HATES a concise and unemotional assessment.

Which results in them chanting Autism while dancing around the fire.
>>
>>43879147
>>tg is terrible at 40k!
>so, how do we fix this? what common mistakes are people making? list building? not enough anti tank?

Only give advice on armies you are actively playing, units you are actively using and metas you are part of.

Most common mistake is playing the game from behind a rulebook instead of on the table.
>>
This is for a tourney this weekend, any recommendations on what I should change?

The Tourney will have both Maelstrom and Eternal War Missions and Perils of Warp will happen on any doublets.

# Skyhammer with CAD 999 (995pts) #

## Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (295pts) ##

### (No Category) ###
* #### Chapter Tactics * ####

Ultramarines

### HQ (50pts) ###
* #### Sergeant Telion (50pts) ####

### Troops (245pts) ###
* #### Scout Squad (70pts) ####

Camo Cloaks (10pts), 4x Scouts (44pts), 4x Sniper Rifle (4pts)
* #### Scout Sergeant (12pts) ####

Bolt Pistol, Sniper Rifle (1pts)
* #### Tactical Squad (175pts) ####

Rhino (35pts), 9x Space Marines (126pts)
* #### Space Marine Sergeant (14pts) ####

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

## Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (700pts) ##

### (No Category) ###
* #### Chapter Tactics * ####

Ultramarines

### Formation (700pts) ###
* #### Skyhammer Annihilation Force (700pts) ####
* #### Assault Squad (90pts) ####

Jump Packs (15pts), 4x Space Marines (56pts)
* #### Space Marine Sergeant (19pts) ####

Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs (5pts)
* #### Assault Squad (90pts) ####

Jump Packs (15pts), 4x Space Marines (56pts)
* #### Space Marine Sergeant (19pts) ####

Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs (5pts)
* #### Devastator Squad (270pts) ####

4x Lascannon (80pts), 9x Space Marines (126pts)
* #### Drop Pod (50pts) ####

Deathwind Launcher (15pts)

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
* #### Devastator Squad (250pts) ####

Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak) (15pts), Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak) (15pts), Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak) (15pts), Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak) (15pts), 9x Space Marines (126pts)
* #### Drop Pod (50pts) ####

Deathwind Launcher (15pts)

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
>>
>>43937790
I would try to get Draigo to get access to gate. You're playing a CentStar even if you don't want to admit it. The current list is likely to get crushed as it stands
>>
File: 7395285006_d3287c5015_b.jpg (344 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
7395285006_d3287c5015_b.jpg
344 KB, 1024x661
>>43943961
>>
>>43942452
Is Grav that much better than Plasma these days? Attack Bikes are there only cuz Biker Captain doesn't have anyone to go with. What's a better antiair option than Flakk missiles if they aren't great?
>>
File: Buzzcut.jpg (470 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Buzzcut.jpg
470 KB, 1024x768
Reposting from the 40k general.

++HQ++
Librarian (125)
-ML2
-Gallian’s Staff
-Terminator armor

++Troops++
5x Tactical Marines (80)
-Veteran Sergeant

5x Tactical Marines (80)
-Veteran Sergeant

++Fast Attack++
5x Assault Marines (105)
-Veteran Sergeant w/ Combi-melta

5x Assault Marines (105)
-Veteran Sergeant w/ Combi-melta

495 total.
>>
>>43945365
Drop vets and buy real special weapons.
>>
>>43945494
For just the Tacs, or for both?
>>
>>43945365
Instead of the Vet Sarge upgrades give the tac squads a special weapon and the assault squads two flamers
>>
>>43945503
Both. ATSKNF makes leadership less important and a couple of one-shots isn't going to cut it I don't think.
>>
>>43945504
>>43945511
Alright, does meltas for the Tacs and hand flamers for the Assault guys sound good?
>>
>>43945534
Yeah that's good. When playing at higher point values do remember to switch out the meltas for plasma or gravs.
>>
Was just looking for some feedback for this list:

+++ HH Imp Fist 2000 (1995pts) +++
++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1995pts) ++

HQ (165pts) +
Alexis Polux (165pts) ····Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

Troops (800pts) +
Legion Breacher Siege Squad (400pts) [4x Flamer, 19x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla] ····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (400pts) [4x Flamer, 19x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla] ····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Elites (420pts) +
Apothecarion Detachment (90pts) [Legion Apothecary, Legion Apothecary]
Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (165pts) ····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Laser Destroyer Array] x3
Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (165pts) ····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Laser Destroyer Array] x3

Heavy Support (240pts) +
Legion Vindicator (120pts)
Legion Vindicator (120pts)

Lord of War (370pts) +
War Machine Detachment (370pts) ····Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite]

Basically 2 big blocks of troops + 2 vindi's slowly move up the table to sit on objectives with the T5 from there ROW, 5+ FNP from apoths, BS 5 with bolters from being imp fists and the 6++ from the shields they should be a pain in the ass to move :D Rapiers sit and shred tanks. Polux with one of the units. Typhon because why the hell not ;) It has no anti air but my local meta is sparse on air so i'm not too fussed. Stuck flamers in the breachers as i'm planning on moving them most turns so grav becomes a bit poop.

Any feedback appreciated :)
>>
Tempestus Scions+Knights

Hey guys, I know MT aren't the best, but people told me to go with the models and fluff I liked, and I love the Scions. Will this list be able to handle anything? Are the special weapons at least ok?

Ground Assault Formation (1,030) - gets twin-linked and pinning each turn scions disembark from T-primes

Command Squad w/ 3 Plasma guns + Plasma pistol + Medic= 160
Commissar w/ Plasma pistol= 40
10 Scions w/ 2 Melta guns + Hot-shot laspistol= 150
10 Scions w/ 2 Melta guns + Hot-shot laspistol= 150
10 Scions w/ 2 Volley guns + Hot-shot laspistol= 150
2 T-primes w/ Battle Cannon + TL Autocannons + Heavy Stubber= 170
2 T-primes w/ Missle Launcher + TL Autocannons + Heavy stubber=210

Oathsworn Imperial Knight Detatchment (820)

Knight-Errant w/ Icarus Autocannons= 405
Knight-Warden w/ Icarus Autocannons + Melta gun= 415

What do you guys think? Will the Imperial Knights take off enough heat that the Scions can tacticool around?

If I'm not facing any air, I'll switch out the Icarus guns for one Ironstorm launcher to help the Errant's anti-horde, and one Stormspear launcher to help the Warden's anti-armor.
>>
Thinking about starting a DE army and eventually building up towards this 1000 point list. Archon will go with the incubi in the venom.

HQ (100pts)

Archon (100pts)
Agoniser (25pts), The Armour of Misery (15pts)

Elites (145pts)

Incubi (145pts)
4x Incubi (80pts)

Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)

Troops (425pts)

Kabalite Warriors (120pts)

4x Kabalite Warrior (32pts)

Kabalite Warrior with special weapon (23pts)
Blaster (15pts)

Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)

Kabalite Warriors (120pts)

4x Kabalite Warrior (32pts)

Kabalite Warrior with special weapon (23pts)
Blaster (15pts),

Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)

Kabalite Warriors (185pts)

9x Kabalite Warrior (72pts)

Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon(23pts)
Splinter cannon (15pts)

Raider (90pts)
Dark Lance (5pts), Nightshield (15pts), Splinter Racks (15pts)

Fast Attack (189pts)

Reavers (189pts)

9x Reaver (144) 3x Cluster caltrops (45pts)

Heavy Support (140pts)

Ravager (140pts)
Dark Lance (5pts), Dark Lance (5pts), Dark Lance (5pts), Nightshield (15pts)
>>
>>43933139
Thank you, this was primarily a first attempt, trying to get the most out of the BaC models (as such, adding only the bare minimum of stuff).

The Lascannon squads were added mainly because I felt I was lacking in Anti-Tank firepower for instance.

The Killteam being the only truly fluffy AL unit in the whole list.

I'll see if I can get a nice Coils of the Hydra list built disregarding the contents of BaC a little more.
>>
>>43947087
Well, you can still build a great Coils of the Hydra list using BaC stuff. I think the only things you would need to buy are some conversion bits, and whatever thing you wanna "copy" (part of AL rules) from another Legion. There's potential for epic levels of trolling with Alpha Legion; take full advantage of it.
>>
How's this for an Imperial Fists 40k army? It's heavy on Devastator Squads due to their Chapter Tactics. The Aegis Defense Line will hold the Librarian (who's there to support/protect any other squad that needs it), the Missile Launcher Devastator squad (Flakk missiles for AA, Sargent mans Quad gun since he has no special weapon), and maybe the Centurions. Captain built Smashfucker style so he'll be hard to kill and can solo many things. Scout Squads more versatile than Tac Squads. Assault Squads are designated anti-infantry.

Imperial Fists

1850 points

+++Chapter Tactics: Imperial Fists CAD+++

---HQ---

Captain - 250 points (Warlord)
-The Shield Eternal
-Chapter Master
-Artificer Armor
-Thunder Hammer
-Space Marine Bike

Librarian - 70 points
-Auspex

---Troops---

(5) Scout Squad - 65 points
-Combi-Melta for Sargent

(5) Scout Squad - 65 points
-Combi-Melta for Sargent

---Heavy Support---

(3) Centurion Devastator Squad - 250 points
-Omnicope for Sargent

(3) Centurion Devastator Squad - 250 points
-Omnicope for Sargent

(5) Devastator Squad - 170 points
-4 Missile Launchers with Flakk Missiles

Scout Squads

Land Speeder Storms - 50 points
-Multi-Melta

Land Speeder Storms - 50 points
-Multi-Melta

---Fortifications---

Aegis Defense Line - 100 points
-Quad Gun

+++Imperial Fists Skyhammer Annihilation Force+++

(5) Assault Squad - 95 points
-2 Flamers
-Jump Packs

(5) Assault Squad - 95 points
-2 Flamers
-Jump Packs

(5) Devastator Squad - 120 points
-4 Multi-Meltas
-Combi-Melta for Sargent

Drop Pod - 50 points
-Deathwind Launcher

(5) Devastator Squad - 120 points
-4 Multi-Meltas
-Combi-Melta for Sargent

Drop Pod - 50 points
-Deathwind Launcher
>>
>>43947227
Would you use Legion Tactical Squads in a Coils list though?
They can shoot pretty well, but with zero weapon options a bit inflexible.
And being forced to sacrifice your "Mutable Tactics" for Infiltrate every game is a pain unless you grab some Rhinos.
I get the feeling that Assault Squads would be more fitting, but a fair bit weaker still.

Beyond that, I'm somewhat confused by the wording of the Consul rule.
I can only bring more than 1 Consul if I include a Vigilator? Or I can only bring either 1 Consul or for instance 2 Vigilators.

Beyond that, there's not too many units that have Deepstrike or Infiltrate by default, resulting in a fair number of transport vehicles, should I include a Land Raider here, or are those too unfluffy? I imagine Deepstrike (for instance Drop Pods) and Infiltrate are the better option for the preferred multi-vector assault of the AL.
>>
Local GW store is doing some 1500 point games soon, never played before in a store and this list is very much a 'what can I paint and assemble before the date'.

Space Marine (Imperial Fists) CAD:

HQ:
Librarian (ML1; Space Marine Bike, Force Sword, Bolt Pistol) - 85pts

Elites:
Terminator Assault Squad (x5 Lightning Claws) - 175pts

Troops:
Bike Squad (x2 Meltagun; Combi Melta; Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta) - 143pts
Tactical Squad (x3 Boltguns; x1 Plasma Gun; x1 Combi-Plasma; Razorback w/ TL Lascannon) - 170pts
Tactical Squad (x3 Boltguns; x1 Plasma Gun; x1 Combi-Plasma; Razorback w/ TL Lascannon) - 170pts

Heavy Support:
Stormraven Gunship (Typhoon Missle Launcher; TL Lascannon) - 225pts

Grey Knights CAD:

HQ:
Librarian (ML3; Terminator Armour; Halberd; Domina Liber Daemonica) - 160pts

Troops:
Terminator Squad (x5 Swords; Psycannon) - 185pts
Terminator Squad (x5 Swords; Psycannon) - 185pts

1498 in total. Is there anything I'm majorly missing? I'm trying to make something that can deal with different stuff since I'm not sure what people play mainly at my local GW.
>>
Trying to make a 2k list from just the BaC box set dudes until my rhinos come in. Tried to make em as survivable as possible, so the re-rollable 3+ and FnP should help. Anything I should add/drop? Mind you the list is in a mostly casual environment, but there are a few tryhards in my FLGS, that surprisingly field very little AP2 (scatterbikes and smart missile spam mostly.)

++ Space Marines:Siege Assault Vanguard (Combined Arms Detachment) (2003pts) ++

+Red Scorpions+

+ HQ (215pts) +

Lord High Commander Carab Culln (215pts)

+ Elites (610pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought (215pts) [Extra Armour]
····Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon [Heavy Flamer]x2

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (210pts) [2x Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Extra Armour]

Terminator Squad (185pts) [4x Terminator w/ Power Fist]
····Terminator w/ Heavy Flamer [Power Fist]

+ Troops (890pts) +

Tactical Squad (225pts) [Siege Mantlets for Squad, 8x Space Marine w/ Bolter, Space Marine w/ Grav-gun]
····Veteran Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-grav]
········Member of Apothecarion

Tactical Squad (225pts) [Siege Mantlets for Squad, 8x Space Marine w/ Bolter, Space Marine w/ Grav-gun]
····Veteran Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-grav]

Tactical Squad (220pts) [Siege Mantlets for Squad, 8x Space Marine w/ Bolter, Space Marine w/ Meltagun]
····Veteran Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-melta]

Tactical Squad (220pts) [Siege Mantlets for Squad, 8x Space Marine w/ Bolter, Space Marine w/ Meltagun]
····Veteran Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (288pts) +

Devastator Squad (144pts) [4x Space Marine w/ Missile Launcher]

Devastator Squad (144pts) [4x Space Marine w/ Missile Launcher]
>>
>>43949665
You can make that CAD of grey knights a nemesis strike force for Deep Strike turn one for no cost at all and gain only benefits from the change. The Bikes benefit a bit more from Grav guns more so than melta, and I would recommend dropping the typhoon on the stormraven to make room for some, and give it a multi melta instead to bring back the anti-vehicle factor you lose from the bike meltas. Some grav guns on the bikes should not be considered cheesy as you lack any more grav in the list.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.